Medical SchoolSt. Georges
200 Banning Street
Dover, DE 19904
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barbara McGuirk to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?
2015 - 2019
She [Dr. McGuirk] is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!...She was open and honest with me about my endometriosis, possibility of getting pregnant due to my age, she answered my mom’s questions, and prayed with me before my surgeries and after my miscarriage.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
My 1st time with Dr. McGuirk, I had surgery to remove my endometriosis and polyps. I did a round of clomid and was pregnant with timed intercourse. I waited a while after my daughter was born and went back to Dr. McGuirk to try again. Again, we did surgery to remove any endometriosis and polyps that I had. I did 2 rounds of clomid and timed intercourse to see if we could get pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we weren’t as lucky as before. We moved on to IUI and had some success. My first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second IUI resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, at my 11 week appointment there was no heartbeat and a growth was found on the baby. After the biopsy following the D&E , it was found to be a mutation of the Down syndrome gene. Once my body levels out again after a few months, we’ll meet with a genetics counselor before doing any further procedures. This will give us more information about the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
Mari is a great coordinator! She answers all my crazy questions, works hard to get me appointments that fit around teaching, and she was a patient at RAD. She knows exactly what you’re going through! There are so many great PA’s and nurses at RAD! Even on my worst day they stopped everything to make sure I was going to be okay. Love them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
As a state employee, most of my procedures were covered or mostly covered under my insurance. My IVF on the other hand will not be. Hoping they pass a bill to allow state employees better coverage before we move on to IVF.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Mcguirk is very straight to the point, she will give you the good and bad, but in the end wants to ensure that you get the best treatment that works for you. I have currently been with reproductive associations almost 4 years now, and the past couple months with her has re given me hope that one day I will be able to start a family.
PCOS, Unexplained
Be open and honest. And be prepared to start the whole 30 diet
She made me feel like I was her only patient, and showed how she genuinely wanted to help me
I was given letrozole, which allowed my follicles to grow, but not mature, so in the same cycle she gave me clomid, which helped them grow a little bigger, but not to the size she would like them to be.
I really do not have enough words to Express how grateful I am to have a coordinator like her. When I first started my journey I walked in a nervous wreck not knowing where to begin, and she was the first one to greet me and assured me I was in the right place. She makes you feel like she is your number 1 supporter, she will find a way to add light to a situation that to some can be gray. I appreciate everything she has done for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The only weakness I have noticed is that not all patient coordinators have the attitude to help. It's leaning towards this is just a job. Which is ok. However when you pay so much money just to find out that you were not successful, the least you would hope for a a little compassion from the person telling you the news. For new patients definitely have patience,
Iui treatment =1700 Copay=36 Meds 100-150 All self pay
Dover

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

Dr. McGuirk is not like any other doctor I have been to before. She takes time to listen to your concerns and questions. She is very straightforward with everything and doesn't "beat around the bush" as some would say. She is a very positive person, which I feel is a great quality in a doctor. She is the one who diagnosed me with endometriosis, after years of seeing other doctors. She really listened to what I had to say and had a plan in place the first appointment for my treatment. She doesn't rush you or make you feel like she is in a hurry to get to the next patient. Dr. McGuirk is very personable and compassionate.
Be ready to take notes and ask questions. She is very knowledgeable and tells you everything. It may be overwhelming at first, but she will take the time to explain anything you don't understand.
Dr. McGuirk takes the time to understand her patients and their needs. You never feel rushed or that your concerns aren't being heard. She answers every question you have and explains everything very thoroughly. She genuinely cares about each patient and listens to what you have to say.
Dr. McGuirk oversaw my treatment for my medicated cycles with a prescribing physician due to living three hours away from the clinic. For three months I used 50mg of Clomid. For the first two months of Clomid, I ovulated. The last cycle I did not. For the fourth month I used a low dose of Letrozole. The cycle using Letrozole I did not ovulate. Our next step is IVF. My husband and I did not want to jump right to IVF due to the cost and having no insurance coverage for it. With having endometriosis, we knew the risks of not doing IVF right away and were also aware that we could eventually need it to build our family. Dr. McGuirk explained everything very thoroughly at our appointment.
Each team member at RAD treats you like you are family. They all treat you with the utmost respect. They all care about you, your treatment and concerns. They do their best to get you answers to your questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Reproductive Associates of Delaware is very organized and helpful. They do their best to work around your schedule and accommodate. They do all that they can to help you reach your fertility goals. Emailing through the portal is the easiest way to communicate. You usually have an answer back that day.
We have not come across the cost of IVF yet. That is our next step that we are currently working towards. All other costs, of blood work, routine checkups, ultrasounds and appointments were covered by my insurance.
Newark

My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
Be prepared for the honest truth.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
2005 - 2015
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. ... She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids! ... She's very knowledgeable and gives great advice. Dr McGuirk really cares and takes time to remember important details about her patients. I highly recommend her, in fact I told three coworkers and her and a family member. ... I felt that she understood my pain.
2005 - 2015
Investment Banker
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Listen to what she has to say. Take notes and trust her. She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids!
Dr McGuirk always gives me a hug!! She is warm and caring and wanted me to become a Mother. I felt that she understood my pain.
After complaining to my GYN for over two years, Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. This way my hormones would stay level and try to keep the endo down. She recommended a better diet and ways to try and prevent future problems. When it came time to conceive she suggested IVF but I didn't listen. My husband and I wasted time and money on IUI. We did IVF with a frozen transfer and our baby arrived 39weeks later.
The nursing staff was great. They returned My calls and emails and never acted as if I was bothering them. They told me about different discounts for my medicine and provided me with a few day's worth of Follistim completely free!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office is clean and organized. They have nice magazines to read while you wait, there's free coffee tea and candy. Everyone is happy to be there. I can't say anything bad about them. Even the billing representative is kind.
My employer paid a great deal but I think I paid about 4K for IUI& IVF. This does not include medications or surgery. Each year there is an egg storage fee of $500
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
One embryo is transferred and after understanding the risks, I was ok with it. Dr McGuirk is against multiple transfers.

2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience goes back to the start of her [Dr. Barbara McGuirk's] practice. I had consulted with a long-time dr in the state and he made me feel like I was a science experiment. She listened to me and was systematic in her approach with finding the cause of my infertility. She always explained what was going to be happening and respected my choices. My family was her first set of triplets (1999) and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for her. After my children were born I still had frozen embryos (6). The embryos were later adopted by a couple in California (this was a very new idea at the time) and Dr. McGuirk helped us through this process as well.
2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience goes back to the start of her practice. I had consulted with a long-time dr in the state and he made me feel like I was a science experiment. She listened to me and was systematic in her approach with finding the cause of my infertility. She always explained what was going to be happening and respected my choices. My family was her first set of triplets (1999) and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for her. After my children were born I still had frozen embryos (6). The embryos were later adopted by a couple in California (this was a very new idea at the time) and Dr. McGuirk helped us through this process as well. I would love to see her and her practice honored and be able to help another couple on their journey.
Don't ever be shy or embarrassed to ask any question concerning your fertility. She will make you feel comfortable and assured in what can be a crazy emotional roller coaster.
She was the first doctor to ask me what I wanted to do. She always talked about options and was honest in her opinion and guidance but ultimately respected the fact that it was my choice.
I had a laparoscopic surgery done prior to starting treatment and was found to have endometriosis as well as malformed Fallopian tubes. I started with 4 rounds of Xoladex for the endo and then daily lupron and birth control so my cycle would be controlled. IVF was the logical choice because of my tubes so I started a course Gonal F as well as daily progesterone injections. 26 eggs were retrieved and fertilized with my ex-husband's sperm. 6 were frozen, some did not continue to grow, and I had 4 transferred in me. The progesterone injections continued for the first 12 weeks I believe. I became pregnant with triplets and delivered at 34 weeks 1 day - a healthy daughter and 2 healthy sons.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Joyce "the busdriver" Blanco ?)
This is going way back but the group was amazing. The nurse coordinator, Joyce, was the most organized person I've ever met. There was Mark who was in the lab and Si (not sure of spelling) who performed a lot of the blood work in the office. Of course I don't want to leave out Dr. Feinberg - I know this evaluation is for Dr. McGuirk - but they really are an excellent team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I don't really know what the office environment is like now. I know over the years they have gotten very successful and have expanded. I stopped in to visit some time ago when the children were young and we greeted each other like old family. I know that I hated to leave - when I was 12 weeks pregnant I had to transition to the high risk department at the hospital for our care.
I think back then it was something like $10,000 for 3 IVF cycles. Medication was ordered through a specific pharmacy and paid for by me.
As I understand it the protocols are different now. In 1998 it seemed to be the norm to have a multiple embryo transfer. I was 32 and never pregnant and didn't think I would be able to do several IVF cycles for many reasons (emotionally, physically and financially). We discussed transfer options at the time (4 vs 5 embryos) and decided on 4.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
She [Dr. McGuirk] was very thorough with the consultation and made us feel very comfortable and was very patient and answered any questions or concerns we had . She explored each option and determined after speaking with us what the best option would be with the highest success rate . She also was very straight forward with us and I felt like she always had our best interest at heart....The doctors at RAD use the single embryo approach because of the risk associated with carrying multiple fetuses if they all take .
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
She was very thorough with the consultation and made us feel very comfortable and was very patient and answered any questions or concerns we had . She explored each option and determined after speaking with us what the best option would be with the highest success rate . She also was very straight forward with us and I felt like she always had our best interest at heart.
I would say to make a list of questions or concerns you have about the process written down before your consultation . Once you are there, there is a lot of information being talked about during your first visit so you may tend to forget what you really wanted to ask. Keep an open mind about the process. Even though it may seem like a long difficult process, it is a hundred per extent worth it and the staff at RAD are amazing !! All of them !!
She was very personable and made you feel so comfortable with the whole process
Honestly I don’t remember each drug and the specifics but I will say that RAD is very good at explaining each drug and help you get organized with helping you take your medication on time
I don’t remember names but they were all amazing ! Very caring and compassionate and was there every step of the way and answered all questions and concerns in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The only weakness would be hours of operation. The scheduled hours aren’t very easy to schedule with someone working full time days . An evening appointment would be very helpful since you have to go very often in the beginning
Wilmington

She [Dr. McGuirk] is so thorough and able to explain things in a way thats easily understandable ... She’s extremely knowledgeable, very helpful with wholistic methods to increasing pregnancy ... She will take hours with you, not make you feel rushed at all ... We did a surgery to get rid of some polyps and fibroids which resulted in my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis. ... We went straight to IVF as the result of us having success other ways was not likely.
She’s extremely knowledgeable, very helpful with wholistic methods to increasing pregnancy and simply put ....the best. She makes you feel like you are not alone and that there is hope - and that’s what you really need most is hope.
Go now. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
She is so thorough and able to explain things in a way thats easily understandable and I feltconfident with her next steps after each visit. She will take hours with you, not make you feel rushed at all and make me feel like I’m the first patient she’s seen all day!
We did a surgery to get rid of some polyps and fibroids which resulted in my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis. I was given resources and a better understanding of what that meant for me including continuing to take birth control to prevent it from regrowing. We went straight to IVF as the result of us having success other ways was not likely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy miller )
Always available and super responsive
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths - the best, big on diagnosis before treating, very knowledgeable, lots of location offices, open to care past 12 weeks in emergencies. I always called them with concerns and they never make me feel like I shouldn’t be reaching out to them. Weaknesses - run late occasionally
My initial cost was around $25,000 out of pocket since my hUsband and I had the same coverage and it was not covered.
I’m glad she suggested a single embryo transfer

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. McGuirk performed my endometriosis surgery. It changed my life. It not only allowed me to become pregnant through IVF but it has changed my life tremendously as a woman. I no longer live in agony every month. Although I never actually met her personally, I was already asleep before she arrived to the room for surgery, I have a high regard for her and all she does for women and hopeful potential moms.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Don't lose hope!
Surgery to remove endometriosis.
The nurses were always so wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office in Christiana is too big and over crowded. The office in Wilmington is much more quaint and welcoming. The wait times were often very long in Christiana and it was very frustrating because I often had to take 3 hour lunch breaks for appointments because of the insane wait times.
Fortunately, my insurance covered my costs. I believe my surgery for Endo was over $25k and my IVF cycle at RAD an additional $10k.
2011 - 2012
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs... If you are looking for a vey knowledgable, honest provider she would be a great fit... Knowledgeable, supportive and caring, they take time to educate and explain the processes to you. You develop close personal relationships with the staff and they are never judgemental. There was never any confusion or mix ups regarding your care and your next steps. It’s amazing how smooth they make this process seem
2011 - 2012
I absolutely loved the staff at Repoductive associates, from the front desk and scheduling to all of the providers. They were all very knowledgeable and understanding . They were able to meet my needs and support me through, through good and bad results. I always felt that bye were very involved in my care
She was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs
The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and showed care and compassion
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Though it has been years ago that we began building our family with Dr.McGuirk, it was roughly $14-16,000
They recommended 1 single transfer for the safety of you and the embryo
Newark
The doctor [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] met with my Husband and I and she was very empathetic and pleasant. She made us both feel very comfortable and she was very blunt with her thoughts on the process we should take. She also gave us both information on fasting and how to juice to continue to have good health. She took her time with us and the consultation was not rushed.
Dr. McGuirk was very pleasant to my Husband and I. She was very compassionate and thoroughly explained both a tubal reversal and IVF to us. We left with no question left unanswered. I strongly reccomend Dr. McGuirk to anyone looking for infertility information.
You will not regret meeting with Dr. McGuirk.
The doctor met with my Husband and I and she was very empathetic and pleasant. She made us both feel very comfortable and she was very blunt with her thoughts on the process we should take. She also gave us both information on fasting and how to juice to continue to have good health. She took her time with us and the consultation was not rushed.
Dr. McGuirk is waiting on my Husband's second semen analysis to advise on the best steps to move forward with our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esqulin)
Mari Esquilin was very compassionate and understanding. She answered all of our questions and went above and beyond on keeping our appointments up-to-date and on track. Dr. McGuirk is very lucky to have someone like Mari on her team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was very clean and everyone we encountered were very professional and understanding. Everyone from the receptionist to the medical assistants to the coordinator's are great. Our experience was like no other and we strongly recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to any couple experiencing infertility issues.
The total cost so far would be less that $5,000.
Newark

Dr McGuirk is patient, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable at what she does. She gives facts, shes precise, and she makes it her goal to not only help with fertility, but with your whole well being. She has pushed me, she has told me things I didnt wwnt to hear but needed to, and this is why I have put my full trust in her!... McGuirk is not a fluffy doctor. Shes not going to be all sunshine and rainbows, but she will do everything in her power to get you your end result.
Dr McGuirk is patient, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable at what she does. She gives facts, shes precise, and she makes it her goal to not only help with fertility, but with your whole well being. She has pushed me, she has told me things I didnt wwnt to hear but needed to, and this is why I have put my full trust in her!♡
She told me what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear it!♡
So far we have had many consults regarding my number and my infertility. Today she completed a surgery which is the first step to starting journey #2 for baby #2!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esqabar)
Every single nurse at RAD makes you feel like family. They are knowledgable, friendly, and great listeners!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Their strength is they know how to make you feel important and not just another number. They get to know you, your situation, and they help you as much as possible. They treat you like one of their own. There is no weakness!
So far the only costs have been co pays because I'm being seen as a medical need. I'm currently out of my lifetime insurance amount.

2006 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] is very respectful and knowledgeable... Very knowledgeable and respectful in what she does. Works with you to make the process easy. Explains things when I have questions or need additional explanation. Follows up on finding additional information or speaking to other doctors for better understanding.... [The staff at Reproductive Associates of Delaware- Dover is] Understanding, compassionate, caring, motivated, knowledgeable, good customer service, easy access to patient online portal for easier communication, come in on the weekends if you need to see them. Will always return calls
2006 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Trust her
She is very respectful and knowledgeable
Around $6500