Medical SchoolSt. Georges
200 Banning Street
Dover, DE 19904
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barbara McGuirk to a friend?

7.3

6.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?
2015 - 2019
She [Dr. McGuirk] is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!...She was open and honest with me about my endometriosis, possibility of getting pregnant due to my age, she answered my mom’s questions, and prayed with me before my surgeries and after my miscarriage.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
My 1st time with Dr. McGuirk, I had surgery to remove my endometriosis and polyps. I did a round of clomid and was pregnant with timed intercourse. I waited a while after my daughter was born and went back to Dr. McGuirk to try again. Again, we did surgery to remove any endometriosis and polyps that I had. I did 2 rounds of clomid and timed intercourse to see if we could get pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we weren’t as lucky as before. We moved on to IUI and had some success. My first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second IUI resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, at my 11 week appointment there was no heartbeat and a growth was found on the baby. After the biopsy following the D&E , it was found to be a mutation of the Down syndrome gene. Once my body levels out again after a few months, we’ll meet with a genetics counselor before doing any further procedures. This will give us more information about the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
Mari is a great coordinator! She answers all my crazy questions, works hard to get me appointments that fit around teaching, and she was a patient at RAD. She knows exactly what you’re going through! There are so many great PA’s and nurses at RAD! Even on my worst day they stopped everything to make sure I was going to be okay. Love them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
As a state employee, most of my procedures were covered or mostly covered under my insurance. My IVF on the other hand will not be. Hoping they pass a bill to allow state employees better coverage before we move on to IVF.
Newark

My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
Be prepared for the honest truth.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

2005 - 2015
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. ... She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids! ... She's very knowledgeable and gives great advice. Dr McGuirk really cares and takes time to remember important details about her patients. I highly recommend her, in fact I told three coworkers and her and a family member. ... I felt that she understood my pain.
2005 - 2015
Investment Banker
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Listen to what she has to say. Take notes and trust her. She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids!
Dr McGuirk always gives me a hug!! She is warm and caring and wanted me to become a Mother. I felt that she understood my pain.
After complaining to my GYN for over two years, Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. This way my hormones would stay level and try to keep the endo down. She recommended a better diet and ways to try and prevent future problems. When it came time to conceive she suggested IVF but I didn't listen. My husband and I wasted time and money on IUI. We did IVF with a frozen transfer and our baby arrived 39weeks later.
The nursing staff was great. They returned My calls and emails and never acted as if I was bothering them. They told me about different discounts for my medicine and provided me with a few day's worth of Follistim completely free!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office is clean and organized. They have nice magazines to read while you wait, there's free coffee tea and candy. Everyone is happy to be there. I can't say anything bad about them. Even the billing representative is kind.
My employer paid a great deal but I think I paid about 4K for IUI& IVF. This does not include medications or surgery. Each year there is an egg storage fee of $500
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
One embryo is transferred and after understanding the risks, I was ok with it. Dr McGuirk is against multiple transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. McGuirk performed my endometriosis surgery. It changed my life. It not only allowed me to become pregnant through IVF but it has changed my life tremendously as a woman. I no longer live in agony every month. Although I never actually met her personally, I was already asleep before she arrived to the room for surgery, I have a high regard for her and all she does for women and hopeful potential moms.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Don't lose hope!
Surgery to remove endometriosis.
The nurses were always so wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office in Christiana is too big and over crowded. The office in Wilmington is much more quaint and welcoming. The wait times were often very long in Christiana and it was very frustrating because I often had to take 3 hour lunch breaks for appointments because of the insane wait times.
Fortunately, my insurance covered my costs. I believe my surgery for Endo was over $25k and my IVF cycle at RAD an additional $10k.
Wilmington
2011 - 2012
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs... If you are looking for a vey knowledgable, honest provider she would be a great fit... Knowledgeable, supportive and caring, they take time to educate and explain the processes to you. You develop close personal relationships with the staff and they are never judgemental. There was never any confusion or mix ups regarding your care and your next steps. It’s amazing how smooth they make this process seem
2011 - 2012
I absolutely loved the staff at Repoductive associates, from the front desk and scheduling to all of the providers. They were all very knowledgeable and understanding . They were able to meet my needs and support me through, through good and bad results. I always felt that bye were very involved in my care
She was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs
The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and showed care and compassion
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Though it has been years ago that we began building our family with Dr.McGuirk, it was roughly $14-16,000
They recommended 1 single transfer for the safety of you and the embryo
Newark
Dr McGuirk is patient, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable at what she does. She gives facts, shes precise, and she makes it her goal to not only help with fertility, but with your whole well being. She has pushed me, she has told me things I didnt wwnt to hear but needed to, and this is why I have put my full trust in her!... McGuirk is not a fluffy doctor. Shes not going to be all sunshine and rainbows, but she will do everything in her power to get you your end result.
Dr McGuirk is patient, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable at what she does. She gives facts, shes precise, and she makes it her goal to not only help with fertility, but with your whole well being. She has pushed me, she has told me things I didnt wwnt to hear but needed to, and this is why I have put my full trust in her!♡
She told me what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear it!♡
So far we have had many consults regarding my number and my infertility. Today she completed a surgery which is the first step to starting journey #2 for baby #2!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari Esqabar)
Every single nurse at RAD makes you feel like family. They are knowledgable, friendly, and great listeners!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Their strength is they know how to make you feel important and not just another number. They get to know you, your situation, and they help you as much as possible. They treat you like one of their own. There is no weakness!
So far the only costs have been co pays because I'm being seen as a medical need. I'm currently out of my lifetime insurance amount.

2006 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] is very respectful and knowledgeable... Very knowledgeable and respectful in what she does. Works with you to make the process easy. Explains things when I have questions or need additional explanation. Follows up on finding additional information or speaking to other doctors for better understanding.... [The staff at Reproductive Associates of Delaware- Dover is] Understanding, compassionate, caring, motivated, knowledgeable, good customer service, easy access to patient online portal for easier communication, come in on the weekends if you need to see them. Will always return calls
2006 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Trust her
She is very respectful and knowledgeable
Around $6500
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?