Medical SchoolSt. Georges
200 Banning Street
Dover, DE 19904
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barbara McGuirk to a friend?

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) to a friend?
IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr McGuirk was interested in what I had to say about my experiences and plans. She was clear about all of the steps I would be looking at and best ways to plan ahead for the process including the best way to care for myself and prepare my body for prenancy. ... She was very detailed in her explanation and was always making sure I wasn't confused with so much info coming my way. She offered tips on how to best prepare my body to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. She cared and listened to any struggles I have encountered to this point.
IUI, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr McGuirk was wonderful. She was very detailed in her explanation and was always making sure I wasn't confused with so much info coming my way. She offered tips on how to best prepare my body to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. She cared and listened to any struggles I have encountered to this point. She made me feel at ease as she explained everything the team would be doing to help me to a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Write down any questions you might have in advance. Although the team is very willing to answer follow up questions, there is alot of information to take in so it is easy to lose track.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the protocols Barbara McGuirk used in your cycles at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
This was just an initial consult so the 2 main items were start prescription prenatal vitamins and to start intermittent fasting which has been proven to improve egg health and organ function. And then of course the more obvious do not drink, smoke marijuana or do any drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esquilin)
Mari printed out all of the notes from my meeting with Dr McGuirk and made sure that I had no questions. She also reviewed all of the upcoming appointments, what each entailed and again made sure I had no questions.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Biggest weakness is that I did have a long wait time for both appointments, however the staff was very apologetic and offered rescheduling if needed. I opted to stay in the comfy welcoming waiting room for both appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Consult, genetic counseling, prenatal vitamins and blood work which includes genetic testing has so far only been $282.07 OOP
Describe Barbara McGuirk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Dr McGuirk was very clear that my path would not be decided until all tests were completed and we would build a strategy that would best suit me.

2016 - 2019
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] is very friendly and cares about her patients and their feelings. She suggests you to take care of your diet and recommends doing whole 30. She even shares her own receipe of an every day morning juice with you that can help your immunization system.... She is insisting on the fact that I have an endometriosis but I do not buy this because I don’t have severe pain or something. We talked about it and I have never been convinced by her explanations.
2016 - 2019
She is very helpful and answers every single questions that you have. She is very professional and knows what she is doing. She explains every thing in an understandable manner and supports you if you feel down or worried. She never forces you to do something and always respects your personal choice as long as it does not risk your health. However, I sometines felt that she is suspicious on fertility issues in everyone because of her field of experties. She is insisting on the fact that I have an endometriosis but I do not buy this because I don’t have severe pain or something. We talked about it and I have never been convinced by her explanations.
Ask as much questions as you need to be clear about what’s going on, she won’t do it automatically. Be careful with the coordinator, she forgets lots of things.
She is very friendly and cares about her patients and their feelings. She suggests you to take care of your diet and recommends doing whole 30. She even shares her own receipe of an every day morning juice with you that can help your immunization system. The only issue is that sometimes you need to wait even an hour in the office to see her even though you have an appointment and no one cares about it. Moreover, the coordinator of Dr. McGuirk forgets to send my prescriptions and to set up appointments for me to do my blood works and this happened to me a couple of times. That makes me worried to miss something and I need to take notes to make sure I can follow up every thing by myself.
She is kind but she forgets almost 70% of what she needs to do and then I have to call her (and she never replies) and leave her messages (either online or by phone) and wait for her to reply and take action. This is inconveninet, beleive me.
It is clean and beautiful. With a good atmosphere and tea and coffee that is suitable for the long waiting times you will spend to see the Dr. The staff, however, are friendly, respectful, and helpful.
I had to pay a lot for some diagnostic procedures like HSG (~$300) even though I have never tried to get pregnant and I am not sure how neccesary was doing something like HSG for me. I pay a 20$ copay for each visit and overall I think I paid over $2k since 2016 for everything.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara McGuirk at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

2015 - 2019
She [Dr. McGuirk] is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!...She was open and honest with me about my endometriosis, possibility of getting pregnant due to my age, she answered my mom’s questions, and prayed with me before my surgeries and after my miscarriage.
2015 - 2019
She is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. She’s a little dry at times but she knows her stuff!
Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way.
My 1st time with Dr. McGuirk, I had surgery to remove my endometriosis and polyps. I did a round of clomid and was pregnant with timed intercourse. I waited a while after my daughter was born and went back to Dr. McGuirk to try again. Again, we did surgery to remove any endometriosis and polyps that I had. I did 2 rounds of clomid and timed intercourse to see if we could get pregnant on our own. Unfortunately, we weren’t as lucky as before. We moved on to IUI and had some success. My first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second IUI resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, at my 11 week appointment there was no heartbeat and a growth was found on the baby. After the biopsy following the D&E , it was found to be a mutation of the Down syndrome gene. Once my body levels out again after a few months, we’ll meet with a genetics counselor before doing any further procedures. This will give us more information about the possibility of a healthy pregnancy.
Mari is a great coordinator! She answers all my crazy questions, works hard to get me appointments that fit around teaching, and she was a patient at RAD. She knows exactly what you’re going through! There are so many great PA’s and nurses at RAD! Even on my worst day they stopped everything to make sure I was going to be okay. Love them!
They are AMAZING! If I could go there instead of my regular OB, I would go every week! I LOVE them!!! They are very personable and genuine! They walk you through the whole process, share in your journey, and are just as excited when you finally get pregnant.
As a state employee, most of my procedures were covered or mostly covered under my insurance. My IVF on the other hand will not be. Hoping they pass a bill to allow state employees better coverage before we move on to IVF.
Newark

Dr.McGuirk doesnt just start giving medicine she fully evaluates you. She wants to make sure you and your partner are both taking care of yourselves not just for you but for the future your child. ... she sent me to have tons of tests which I am so very thankful for because we found out I had polyps and set up surgery to have them removed which was also done by Dr.McGuirk. She has helped me to start losing weight for the sake of a healthier baby and life.
Dr.McGuirk doesnt just start giving medicine she fully evaluates you. She wants to make sure you and your partner are both taking care of yourselves not just for you but for the future your child. I started out not knowing alot about fertility only that I have been unsuccessful and getting pregnant. I had seen a fertility doctor once prior to going to Reproductive associates of Delaware and I never went back I left that appointment crying and immediately got ahold of Reproductive associates of Delaware and set up an appointment there. My first visit with Dr. McGuirk was very informative she wasn't just going to give me medicine and start trying to see if that would work,she sent me to have tons of tests which I am so very thankful for because we found out I had polyps and set up surgery to have them removed which was also done by Dr.McGuirk. She has helped me to start losing weight for the sake of a healthier baby and life. She has been blunt about what needs to happen and she is very kind about it but doesn't sugar coat things which is what I wanted. Every visit we get closer to treatment, she takes her time with me she doesn't rush you out she listens and answers questions to the fullest she wants nothing left unexplained!
Be ready for honesty! she is blunt but in a good way so very kind
Dr.McGuirk treats you like a human she is kind and compassionate and really wants to help you. It is not just a job for her she really wants to see you succeed.
Mari Esquilin is AMAZING! She is caring and so fun she makes you feel at home when you are there and when emailing through the portal she is quick to get back with you and always answers any question I have even if it sounds crazy! She makes this whole process so much easier but making your appointments setting up tests sending prescriptions literally the only thing you need to do Is show she does everything! She wants you to leave everything to her She insists.
There are no weaknesses! Expect to be treated like family! It is the only appointments I actually like going to. You will not meet a person who is anything but friendly. My first visit I was nervous considering I had went to a fertility doctor once prior and it was terrible they made me feel that it was hopeless. My first visit however at RAD was seriously what I needed. From the moment you walk in you feel like family.
With my insurance the costs are very affordable

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Mcguirk is very straight to the point, she will give you the good and bad, but in the end wants to ensure that you get the best treatment that works for you. I have currently been with reproductive associations almost 4 years now, and the past couple months with her has re given me hope that one day I will be able to start a family.
PCOS, Unexplained
Be open and honest. And be prepared to start the whole 30 diet
She made me feel like I was her only patient, and showed how she genuinely wanted to help me
I was given letrozole, which allowed my follicles to grow, but not mature, so in the same cycle she gave me clomid, which helped them grow a little bigger, but not to the size she would like them to be.
I really do not have enough words to Express how grateful I am to have a coordinator like her. When I first started my journey I walked in a nervous wreck not knowing where to begin, and she was the first one to greet me and assured me I was in the right place. She makes you feel like she is your number 1 supporter, she will find a way to add light to a situation that to some can be gray. I appreciate everything she has done for me.
The only weakness I have noticed is that not all patient coordinators have the attitude to help. It's leaning towards this is just a job. Which is ok. However when you pay so much money just to find out that you were not successful, the least you would hope for a a little compassion from the person telling you the news. For new patients definitely have patience,
Iui treatment =1700 Copay=36 Meds 100-150 All self pay
Dover

Dr. McGuirk is not like any other doctor I have been to before. She takes time to listen to your concerns and questions. She is very straightforward with everything and doesn't "beat around the bush" as some would say. She is a very positive person, which I feel is a great quality in a doctor. She is the one who diagnosed me with endometriosis, after years of seeing other doctors. She really listened to what I had to say and had a plan in place the first appointment for my treatment. She doesn't rush you or make you feel like she is in a hurry to get to the next patient. Dr. McGuirk is very personable and compassionate.
Be ready to take notes and ask questions. She is very knowledgeable and tells you everything. It may be overwhelming at first, but she will take the time to explain anything you don't understand.
Dr. McGuirk takes the time to understand her patients and their needs. You never feel rushed or that your concerns aren't being heard. She answers every question you have and explains everything very thoroughly. She genuinely cares about each patient and listens to what you have to say.
Dr. McGuirk oversaw my treatment for my medicated cycles with a prescribing physician due to living three hours away from the clinic. For three months I used 50mg of Clomid. For the first two months of Clomid, I ovulated. The last cycle I did not. For the fourth month I used a low dose of Letrozole. The cycle using Letrozole I did not ovulate. Our next step is IVF. My husband and I did not want to jump right to IVF due to the cost and having no insurance coverage for it. With having endometriosis, we knew the risks of not doing IVF right away and were also aware that we could eventually need it to build our family. Dr. McGuirk explained everything very thoroughly at our appointment.
Each team member at RAD treats you like you are family. They all treat you with the utmost respect. They all care about you, your treatment and concerns. They do their best to get you answers to your questions in a timely manner.
Reproductive Associates of Delaware is very organized and helpful. They do their best to work around your schedule and accommodate. They do all that they can to help you reach your fertility goals. Emailing through the portal is the easiest way to communicate. You usually have an answer back that day.
We have not come across the cost of IVF yet. That is our next step that we are currently working towards. All other costs, of blood work, routine checkups, ultrasounds and appointments were covered by my insurance.
Newark

My experience as a patient of Dr. McGuirk thus far is beyond measure. She has always kept our best interest at heart. When we had a miscarriage in 2016, we changed our plan and removed my uterine septum first, now we are our on first round of letrozole with injection. Dr. McGuirk has always been very up front and explained the process in detail to us, answered all our questions and is genuinely concerned about me and our future children's well being. A outstanding doctor and expert.
Be prepared for the honest truth.
I have enjoyed working with Dr. McGuirk and her staff through my infertility journey thus far. Dr. McGuirk removed a uterine septum in 2017 and before I had even woke up from the anesthesia she went out to the waiting room and sat with my mother and husband and explained every thing that was done during the procedure. Such a relief to my family.
When we first met with Dr. McGuirk, the plan was go undergo some tests to find out if my tubes were open, etc. When my husband and I got pregnant unexpectedly, we changed to the plan to remove my uterine septum and start trying to conceive shortly thereafter. After trying for 7 months and no luck we have now moved to ovulation meds and are working on the first cycle of that.
The nursing department is excellent. They answers questions very quickly and have always been friendly to me and my husband
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this facility. I do most of my communications with them by email so sometimes it would be nice to have a direct number for someone I need to speak with but other than that, the office is great.
The costs are based on your insurance coverage. Infertility treatment isn't cheap.
2005 - 2015
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. ... She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids! ... She's very knowledgeable and gives great advice. Dr McGuirk really cares and takes time to remember important details about her patients. I highly recommend her, in fact I told three coworkers and her and a family member. ... I felt that she understood my pain.
2005 - 2015
Investment Banker
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Listen to what she has to say. Take notes and trust her. She's an expert on endometriosis and fibroids!
Dr McGuirk always gives me a hug!! She is warm and caring and wanted me to become a Mother. I felt that she understood my pain.
After complaining to my GYN for over two years, Dr McGuirk removed a huge fibroid and treated my endo. I was diagnosed with endometriosis level 4, with blocked tubes and was placed on continuous birth control. This way my hormones would stay level and try to keep the endo down. She recommended a better diet and ways to try and prevent future problems. When it came time to conceive she suggested IVF but I didn't listen. My husband and I wasted time and money on IUI. We did IVF with a frozen transfer and our baby arrived 39weeks later.
The nursing staff was great. They returned My calls and emails and never acted as if I was bothering them. They told me about different discounts for my medicine and provided me with a few day's worth of Follistim completely free!
The office is clean and organized. They have nice magazines to read while you wait, there's free coffee tea and candy. Everyone is happy to be there. I can't say anything bad about them. Even the billing representative is kind.
My employer paid a great deal but I think I paid about 4K for IUI& IVF. This does not include medications or surgery. Each year there is an egg storage fee of $500
One embryo is transferred and after understanding the risks, I was ok with it. Dr McGuirk is against multiple transfers.

2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience goes back to the start of her [Dr. Barbara McGuirk's] practice. I had consulted with a long-time dr in the state and he made me feel like I was a science experiment. She listened to me and was systematic in her approach with finding the cause of my infertility. She always explained what was going to be happening and respected my choices. My family was her first set of triplets (1999) and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for her. After my children were born I still had frozen embryos (6). The embryos were later adopted by a couple in California (this was a very new idea at the time) and Dr. McGuirk helped us through this process as well.
2005 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience goes back to the start of her practice. I had consulted with a long-time dr in the state and he made me feel like I was a science experiment. She listened to me and was systematic in her approach with finding the cause of my infertility. She always explained what was going to be happening and respected my choices. My family was her first set of triplets (1999) and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for her. After my children were born I still had frozen embryos (6). The embryos were later adopted by a couple in California (this was a very new idea at the time) and Dr. McGuirk helped us through this process as well. I would love to see her and her practice honored and be able to help another couple on their journey.
Don't ever be shy or embarrassed to ask any question concerning your fertility. She will make you feel comfortable and assured in what can be a crazy emotional roller coaster.
She was the first doctor to ask me what I wanted to do. She always talked about options and was honest in her opinion and guidance but ultimately respected the fact that it was my choice.
I had a laparoscopic surgery done prior to starting treatment and was found to have endometriosis as well as malformed Fallopian tubes. I started with 4 rounds of Xoladex for the endo and then daily lupron and birth control so my cycle would be controlled. IVF was the logical choice because of my tubes so I started a course Gonal F as well as daily progesterone injections. 26 eggs were retrieved and fertilized with my ex-husband's sperm. 6 were frozen, some did not continue to grow, and I had 4 transferred in me. The progesterone injections continued for the first 12 weeks I believe. I became pregnant with triplets and delivered at 34 weeks 1 day - a healthy daughter and 2 healthy sons.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Joyce "the busdriver" Blanco ?)
This is going way back but the group was amazing. The nurse coordinator, Joyce, was the most organized person I've ever met. There was Mark who was in the lab and Si (not sure of spelling) who performed a lot of the blood work in the office. Of course I don't want to leave out Dr. Feinberg - I know this evaluation is for Dr. McGuirk - but they really are an excellent team.
I don't really know what the office environment is like now. I know over the years they have gotten very successful and have expanded. I stopped in to visit some time ago when the children were young and we greeted each other like old family. I know that I hated to leave - when I was 12 weeks pregnant I had to transition to the high risk department at the hospital for our care.
I think back then it was something like $10,000 for 3 IVF cycles. Medication was ordered through a specific pharmacy and paid for by me.
As I understand it the protocols are different now. In 1998 it seemed to be the norm to have a multiple embryo transfer. I was 32 and never pregnant and didn't think I would be able to do several IVF cycles for many reasons (emotionally, physically and financially). We discussed transfer options at the time (4 vs 5 embryos) and decided on 4.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. McGuirk] doesn’t do unnecessary testing when other providers state it may not be sufficient. This is wonderful when we are on a budget. ... She takes the time to explain everything in a manner which we can understand. ... I have not undergone any treatments as of yet. My husband and I are still in the diagnosis stage and will be undergoing surgery within the next couple weeks. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She is always available to answer questions and explains everything fully. She doesn’t do unnecessary testing when other providers state it may not be sufficient. This is wonderful when we are on a budget.
I would offer the advice of doing some research on her - even though we already did - because they will see how wonderful she is and how great she treats her patients.
She takes the time to explain everything in a manner which we can understand.
Mari has been amazing through the diagnosis process. From the beginning she fully explained everything that she, the team and Dr. McGurk will be doing. She is on top of everything and very knowledgeable about every step. She even offered to assist with my insurance approvals to further help with insurance coverage. Amazing is the only word for her and the team.
The staff is amazing and friendly. They are always welcoming when I come in for appointments. The online portal is a life savor with answering questions. All the staff has been very quick to respond and even research when they don’t have the answer. Great job to everyone.
So far, insurance has covered the diagnosis m, however, I am paying copayments.
Newark

All of my fears and nerves were calmed. She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] took the time with me to explain everything. I never felt rushed or upset. I look forward to her being my doctor as I continue this journey.... It was explained to me that IUI would most likely not work for my husband and I. She did not make us waste our time doing but just to be disappointed. She pointed us in the right direction right away.... But the out-of-pocket cost total to have IVF plus the genetic counseling will be around $11,000.
My experience as a paid shouldn’t has been excellent. All of my fears and nerves were calmed. She took the time with me to explain everything. I never felt rushed or upset. I look forward to her being my doctor as I continue this journey.
Listen to everything she has to say. And enjoy having her as your doctor!
I was treated with the upmost care. The entire staff at RAD has been amazing every step of the way. We are currently saving to be able to afford IVF. And the staff is beyond caring and helpful. They take the time to explain everything thoroughly, and do so in a caring manner. I am always greeted with a smile, if not a hug. I could not have chosen a better place to take this journey.
The nursing staff is a delight! You can tell they have a passion for their career and helping others.
Absolutely no weaknesses there! Their main strength is their loving nature. The time they spend with each patient and the way they care. I am a very jumpy person when it comes to needles and other medical procedures. Definitely not a good thing to be during this process. But I am always at ease.
My insurance will cover a portion. But the out-of-pocket cost total to have IVF plus the genetic counseling will be around $11,000.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
She [Dr. McGuirk] was very thorough with the consultation and made us feel very comfortable and was very patient and answered any questions or concerns we had . She explored each option and determined after speaking with us what the best option would be with the highest success rate . She also was very straight forward with us and I felt like she always had our best interest at heart....The doctors at RAD use the single embryo approach because of the risk associated with carrying multiple fetuses if they all take .
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
She was very thorough with the consultation and made us feel very comfortable and was very patient and answered any questions or concerns we had . She explored each option and determined after speaking with us what the best option would be with the highest success rate . She also was very straight forward with us and I felt like she always had our best interest at heart.
I would say to make a list of questions or concerns you have about the process written down before your consultation . Once you are there, there is a lot of information being talked about during your first visit so you may tend to forget what you really wanted to ask. Keep an open mind about the process. Even though it may seem like a long difficult process, it is a hundred per extent worth it and the staff at RAD are amazing !! All of them !!
She was very personable and made you feel so comfortable with the whole process
Honestly I don’t remember each drug and the specifics but I will say that RAD is very good at explaining each drug and help you get organized with helping you take your medication on time
I don’t remember names but they were all amazing ! Very caring and compassionate and was there every step of the way and answered all questions and concerns in a timely manner
The only weakness would be hours of operation. The scheduled hours aren’t very easy to schedule with someone working full time days . An evening appointment would be very helpful since you have to go very often in the beginning
Wilmington

She [Dr. McGuirk] is so thorough and able to explain things in a way thats easily understandable ... She’s extremely knowledgeable, very helpful with wholistic methods to increasing pregnancy ... She will take hours with you, not make you feel rushed at all ... We did a surgery to get rid of some polyps and fibroids which resulted in my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis. ... We went straight to IVF as the result of us having success other ways was not likely.
She’s extremely knowledgeable, very helpful with wholistic methods to increasing pregnancy and simply put ....the best. She makes you feel like you are not alone and that there is hope - and that’s what you really need most is hope.
Go now. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
She is so thorough and able to explain things in a way thats easily understandable and I feltconfident with her next steps after each visit. She will take hours with you, not make you feel rushed at all and make me feel like I’m the first patient she’s seen all day!
We did a surgery to get rid of some polyps and fibroids which resulted in my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis. I was given resources and a better understanding of what that meant for me including continuing to take birth control to prevent it from regrowing. We went straight to IVF as the result of us having success other ways was not likely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy miller )
Always available and super responsive
Strengths - the best, big on diagnosis before treating, very knowledgeable, lots of location offices, open to care past 12 weeks in emergencies. I always called them with concerns and they never make me feel like I shouldn’t be reaching out to them. Weaknesses - run late occasionally
My initial cost was around $25,000 out of pocket since my hUsband and I had the same coverage and it was not covered.
I’m glad she suggested a single embryo transfer

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
I thought she [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] was knowledgeable and answered any of the questions I had with patience. She explained a way forward, but at times I felt like the only real suggestion was IVF which is very expensive for me. I wand never assured that she would do her very best to get me pregnant. I never heard that from her.... The treatment suggestion was mainly IVF. And that she would inspect the chart to see if she would advise on anything else. And recommend maybe 2-3 cycles of IUI.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
I thought she was knowledgeable and answered any of the questions I had with patience. She explained a way forward, but at times I felt like the only real suggestion was IVF which is very expensive for me. I wand never assured that she would do her very best to get me pregnant. I never heard that from her.
Expect limited alternatives. The focus seems to only be IVF.
She reviewed my chart and spoke to me about what was wrong and how to potentially get better results for pregnancy.
They seem ok. I’m never seen on time, which makes me a bit frustrated and so it’s never really a happy experience.
The clinic seems to know what they are doing, but it’s seems like they double book patients for the same time because I often wait in the waiting room from anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour before I get seen.
The cost that are not covered under tri-care are very expensive.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. McGuirk performed my endometriosis surgery. It changed my life. It not only allowed me to become pregnant through IVF but it has changed my life tremendously as a woman. I no longer live in agony every month. Although I never actually met her personally, I was already asleep before she arrived to the room for surgery, I have a high regard for her and all she does for women and hopeful potential moms.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Don't lose hope!
Surgery to remove endometriosis.
The nurses were always so wonderful and compassionate.
The office in Christiana is too big and over crowded. The office in Wilmington is much more quaint and welcoming. The wait times were often very long in Christiana and it was very frustrating because I often had to take 3 hour lunch breaks for appointments because of the insane wait times.
Fortunately, my insurance covered my costs. I believe my surgery for Endo was over $25k and my IVF cycle at RAD an additional $10k.
2011 - 2012
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs... If you are looking for a vey knowledgable, honest provider she would be a great fit... Knowledgeable, supportive and caring, they take time to educate and explain the processes to you. You develop close personal relationships with the staff and they are never judgemental. There was never any confusion or mix ups regarding your care and your next steps. It’s amazing how smooth they make this process seem
2011 - 2012
I absolutely loved the staff at Repoductive associates, from the front desk and scheduling to all of the providers. They were all very knowledgeable and understanding . They were able to meet my needs and support me through, through good and bad results. I always felt that bye were very involved in my care
She was honest and did what she felt was best for me and my needs
The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and showed care and compassion
Though it has been years ago that we began building our family with Dr.McGuirk, it was roughly $14-16,000
They recommended 1 single transfer for the safety of you and the embryo
Newark
The doctor [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] met with my Husband and I and she was very empathetic and pleasant. She made us both feel very comfortable and she was very blunt with her thoughts on the process we should take. She also gave us both information on fasting and how to juice to continue to have good health. She took her time with us and the consultation was not rushed.
Dr. McGuirk was very pleasant to my Husband and I. She was very compassionate and thoroughly explained both a tubal reversal and IVF to us. We left with no question left unanswered. I strongly reccomend Dr. McGuirk to anyone looking for infertility information.
You will not regret meeting with Dr. McGuirk.
The doctor met with my Husband and I and she was very empathetic and pleasant. She made us both feel very comfortable and she was very blunt with her thoughts on the process we should take. She also gave us both information on fasting and how to juice to continue to have good health. She took her time with us and the consultation was not rushed.
Dr. McGuirk is waiting on my Husband's second semen analysis to advise on the best steps to move forward with our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esqulin)
Mari Esquilin was very compassionate and understanding. She answered all of our questions and went above and beyond on keeping our appointments up-to-date and on track. Dr. McGuirk is very lucky to have someone like Mari on her team.
The clinic was very clean and everyone we encountered were very professional and understanding. Everyone from the receptionist to the medical assistants to the coordinator's are great. Our experience was like no other and we strongly recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to any couple experiencing infertility issues.
The total cost so far would be less that $5,000.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr. McGuirk did an excellent job at making me feel at ease. She was able to effectively communicate her concerns with my health and was candid with the treatment options, however, she did so in a professional manner. Dr. McGuirk was able to help me understand my process and my options.... The doctor was able to provide me with factual statement and in such a way that it was easy to comprehend. The doctor was not only able to listen and understand my concerns but she was able to provide security in my wishes as well.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Have trust, but don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is different and she will be able to explain why your concern is valid or just nerves setting in.
I was referred to RAD through my PCM for endocrinology, but being that I was a previous patient for my PCOS, the team knew my desire to have children. They have helped me gear my treatment towards having a baby. I've seen other doctors for PCOS and endo, and it seems they always want to give me birth control to help with my PCOS. HOW CAN I GET PREGNANT IF I AM ON BIRTH CONTROL?!? It was a nightmare... until I found RAD!
Dover

Dr McGuirk is patient, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable at what she does. She gives facts, shes precise, and she makes it her goal to not only help with fertility, but with your whole well being. She has pushed me, she has told me things I didnt wwnt to hear but needed to, and this is why I have put my full trust in her!... McGuirk is not a fluffy doctor. Shes not going to be all sunshine and rainbows, but she will do everything in her power to get you your end result.
Dr McGuirk is patient, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable at what she does. She gives facts, shes precise, and she makes it her goal to not only help with fertility, but with your whole well being. She has pushed me, she has told me things I didnt wwnt to hear but needed to, and this is why I have put my full trust in her!♡
She told me what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear it!♡
So far we have had many consults regarding my number and my infertility. Today she completed a surgery which is the first step to starting journey #2 for baby #2!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esqabar)
Every single nurse at RAD makes you feel like family. They are knowledgable, friendly, and great listeners!
Their strength is they know how to make you feel important and not just another number. They get to know you, your situation, and they help you as much as possible. They treat you like one of their own. There is no weakness!
So far the only costs have been co pays because I'm being seen as a medical need. I'm currently out of my lifetime insurance amount.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McGuirk has been a Godsend in my health. She listened to what I was telling her and didn’t make me feel like what I was telling her was “in my head” as others had. She is incredibly knowledgeable and caring. She continuously researches ways to specifically help each patient individually. She’s amazing...Initial bloodwork and internal ultrasound were performed where my issues were seen on the screen. After that, discussion of surgery that was necessary and then next steps after the surgery were discussed.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Stop dealing with painful periods, listen to your body and go see Dr. McGuirk. She will listen and she will make it her mission to help you.
At RAD everyone treats you like family and knows you by name. Everyone there reviews all of your records and seemingly knows you better than you know yourself.
Every nurse has been knowledgeable about my specific care and has been incredibly informative.
No weaknesses have been seen. All strengths, their knowledgeable and warm staff makes each visit a positive one. They have a way of helping you through the most difficult times without making it seem like work for them.
Don’t remember off hand.
Newark
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] was very honest and very open to what I needed/wanted. She showed such great compassion and was willing to help in anyway possible. She answered all questions that I asked and letting me know that it is possible.... Be very open with your history to receive the best results no matter how bad you think it is... She was very straight forward and honest and willing to help with all my needs
She was very honest and very open to what I needed/wanted. She showed such great compassion and was willing to help in anyway possible. She answered all questions that I asked and letting me know that it is possible.
She was very straight forward and honest and willing to help with all my needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (formerly Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Damarys )
Was there every chance I needed her. She was very helpful in preparing me for what’s to come
They are amazing. Very polite and very informative. They take time out of their day to help those who struggle to create something so beautiful. They are very good at what they do and help change so many lives for the better
Roughly $1000

2006 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Barbara McGuirk] is very respectful and knowledgeable... Very knowledgeable and respectful in what she does. Works with you to make the process easy. Explains things when I have questions or need additional explanation. Follows up on finding additional information or speaking to other doctors for better understanding.... [The staff at Reproductive Associates of Delaware- Dover is] Understanding, compassionate, caring, motivated, knowledgeable, good customer service, easy access to patient online portal for easier communication, come in on the weekends if you need to see them. Will always return calls
2006 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Trust her
She is very respectful and knowledgeable
Around $6500