4.7

Barbara Osborn works at

5215 Loughboro Road, NW, Ste. 410
Washington, DC 20016
202.677.4720

Very good listener. Friendly and warm bedside manner. Super flexible in scheduling me around other constraints. Good communicator - provided easy to understand explanations and was super responsive. Following my miscarriage from a naturally conceived pregnancy, she was able to get on the phone with my ob and have the tissue tested the same day without much notice. She was super easy to work with and I'll go back to see her again when we're ready for baby #3.
While SG [Shady Grove] is a high volume practice, I never felt that compromised the care I received. I think their state of the art facilities, the quality of the staff they hire and their success rate are all reasons to use Shady Grove. They were preferred provider for 2 separate insurances I used for treatment given that they are 1 of only 2 local practices to have received a clinical standard of excellence designation.
How was your experience with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
With Shady Grove's system, you can go anywhere for monitoring (which is awesome in terms of the flexibility it enables). That said, I'd try to see Dr. Osborn as much as you can which will help you build a relationship with her and get instant answers to questions and next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Very friendly bedside manner. Took account of my baseline knowledge and provided the right level of detail into all explanations. She listened to me and took into account my perspective which informed how we proceeded. She set reasonable expectations at the outset and met or exceeded all of them.
Describe the protocols Barbara Osborn used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I responded very well to an antagonist protocol which is what we used for both of my retrieval cycles with good success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: She's no longer at Shady Grove)
Overall, I thought everyone I saw across multiple offices was very supportive and professional. They know how to recruit high quality nurses and staff.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
While SG is a high volume practice, I never felt that compromised the care I received. I think their state of the art facilities, the quality of the staff they hire and their success rate are all reasons to use Shady Grove. They were preferred provider for 2 separate insurances I used for treatment given that they are 1 of only 2 local practices to have received a clinical standard of excellence designation.
I always scheduled for 1st thing in the morning and was almost always in and out for monitoring and other appointments in under 15 mins.
Describe Barbara Osborn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We did PGS so we knew what we were putting back. Given that, Dr. Osborn only recommended transferring a single embryo which is what we wanted. No difference there in opinions on best way to proceed.
Sibley

She [Dr. Osborn] answers every question, is thorough, patient and realistic in explaining all of the data. I also found her follow-up after retrieval to meet that same exceptional care. She stood out from other doctors I saw for my daily monitoring-- leagues above...I found her care and compassion to be top notch. ...I would recommend going to Sibley for your screenings so you have a chance to interact with Dr. Osborn more frequently....I was pretty run of the mill in terms of treatment course.
Shady Grove runs a tight ship with some of the nicest nurses and physicians. The vast majority are thorough, kind and compassionate-- they know the specialty they are in, and take that very seriously and with care...Scheduling was easy and on the weekend, it was no problem getting into the K Street clinic.... had a very bad experience with a different doctor at the Arlington office, and had called to say I never wanted to be screened by her again.
How was your experience with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osborn was recommended to me from a friend doing IVF. I was not in the same situation as a patient, but I found her care and compassion to be top notch. This is such an emotional process and so expensive-- it is imperative to have a doctor who you can trust, who is there to answer all your questions, and who can provide the kind and supportive bedside manner one absolutely requires in the fertility treatment experience.
I would recommend going to Sibley for your screenings so you have a chance to interact with Dr. Osborn more frequently. I chose to go to a closer Shady Grove center, which I would have done differently in hindsight. I would also make sure you ask to have Dr. Osborn do your retrieval procedure if possible.
Dr. Osborn is painstaking with her patients. She answers every question, is thorough, patient and realistic in explaining all of the data. I also found her follow-up after retrieval to meet that same exceptional care. She stood out from other doctors I saw for my daily monitoring-- leagues above.
I was pretty run of the mill in terms of treatment course. The medicines and dosages were pretty par for the course of friends of mine who have gone through retrieval for IVF. I was happy to see i responded well to the medicines and would up using a sub-cutaneous trigger shot. I wound up having my retrieval a few days earlier than expected, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
Vanessa was newer at the time, which I did not know. I had a very bad experience with a different doctor at the Arlington office, and had called to say I never wanted to be screened by her again. I asked at the time to be assured said doctor would not be doing my retrieval, which the nurse said wouldn't happen. Of course, come morning of my retrieval, the Arlington doctor was my surgeon. I later found out that my concerns and my notes on this other doctor were not expressed to Dr. Osborn. I needed to be more assertive and insistent with my nurse. Lesson learned for any future situations. But beyond that one hiccup, the nurse was responsive to my myriad questions and always kind and supportive.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I chose to go to a clinic for monitoring closer to my house. Scheduling was easy and on the weekend, it was no problem getting into the K Street clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility.
The cost options and plans were clearly laid out and discussed with me anytime I had questions. I did not have insurance coverage so I paid directly and was able to handle payment in one installment.
2010 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Osborn met with us to understand who we are, our background, etc. She met with us again to review genetics study tesults and explain everthing. She came in to see me during most of my visits, and she followed up after my daughter was born....She took time to get to know my husband and me....I followed a traditional course of treatment with clomid, IUI, then IVF....hey know exactly what they are doing and have all the facilities with the most recent technology.
Shady Grove is THE place to go! They know exactly what they are doing and have all the facilities with the most recent technology. I went to clinics in DC, VA, MD and PA depending on my travel schedule....Dr. Osborn met with us to understand who we are, our background, etc. She met with us again to review genetics study tesults and explain everthing. She came in to see me during most of my visits, and she followed up after my daughter was born....She took time to get to know my husband and me....I followed a traditional course of treatment with clomid, IUI, then IVF
How was your experience with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Use her!!! She is terrific!
She took time to get to know my husband and me.
I followed a traditional course of treatment with clomid, IUI, then IVF.