Medical SchoolU. of Missouri
FellowshipNIH
7515 S. Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
713.491.2792
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barbara Stegmann to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aspire Fertility to a friend?
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Stegmann is a great doctor who I've referred friends to her clinic. She's enlightened me with so much information as well as given me hope that one day we will become parents. During my first visit I went in feeling as if I was unable to conceive at all and she reassured me that she would get me to that goal.... Be your own advocate. She won't advise any vitamins unless you ask.... Antagonist Protocol: Follistim, Ganirelix, Menopur. I started to over stimulate
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
Be your own advocate. She won't advise any vitamins unless you ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
My wife and I were one of the first couples at Aspire Fertility. It's been such a journey to watch the company grow and expand over the last few years. In this time, we've established a close relationship with the staff. Through numerous visits we're almost like family.
Describe the protocols Barbara Stegmann used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
Antagonist Protocol: Follistim, Ganirelix, Menopur. I started to over stimulate and we started out with a lower dose and then gradually increased dosage. She went this route thinking I wouldn't need much due to my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catalina )
Catalina transferred to Aspire after about a year and a half of us being there. She came with so much experience and we hit it off right away. She always kept an open communication with us. When things were really hard for us she made sure to check in to let us know she was thinking of us and we were in her heart.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Strengths: Very friendly, nice facility, passionate and they care about each patient Weaknesses: None The office really cares about their patients. The staff consists of mostly women who they too have gone through infertility and can also relate. Not only is Dr Stegmann and the nurses compassionate but as well as the receptionist, therapist, financial advisors. It's an all around great office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility.
doctors office 14,000 pgs testing 3,995 IUI 1,600 sperm 1,200 per vial unlimited transfers
Describe Barbara Stegmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
She mentioned that because I am pre-diabetic that it would be healthier to transfer one embryo at a time. She was very adamant about transferring one embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility?
Houston
My Husband and I loved Dr. Stegmann. We have the same personality and sense of humor. That was very important to us that we feel comfortable during this process. She explained everything to us in a way we could understand.. and had a few laughs in the process :-)...That was the 1st time we really received answers and an action plan. She was upfront and honest with us. Very optimistic. All 3 of us have the same type of personality, so that made it even better for us.
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
As stated before, my Husband and I felt 100% comfortable with Dr. Stegmann during this process. That was the 1st time we really received answers and an action plan. She was upfront and honest with us. Very optimistic. All 3 of us have the same type of personality, so that made it even better for us. We always had great laughs when we saw her. That is very important.. to feel comfortable.. and not embarrassed to actually need her services.
She has a good personality and likes to laugh. Don't be afraid to connect with your doctor, it makes the process so much better!
We decided that an IUI was the best procedure for us. We took clomid, monitored ovulation cycle, then had an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie was my 1st nurse ( she moved to Dallas), then Maria)
Stephanie S was great! I loved her! Very compassionate. I'm an email communicator and she always responded back in a timely fashion. When she let me know she was transferring to a different city, she had the nurse who would be taking over shadow her so she could get to know me and build that rapport. The nursing staff as a whole is great! Linda and Michelle included!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Very nice, new and clean clinic. Chic decor and awesome phone charger in the waiting room. It would be cool if parking could be validated every visit lol.. :-)
I am unsure of exact costs. My insurance is pretty good and covers infertility procedures. I only had to pay my co-pay which was $30 - $50. So please don't make an assessment based off my answer here. Again, my insurance has an excellent infertility plan.
Houston
Based on my previous experience. She [Dr. Barbara Stegmann] decided to freeze the embryos on day 5 and let me body get back to a settled state and prepare for the transfer the following month.... The dr and staff seemed to truly care about us and our health, physical and mental.... The whole practice seemed so eager to help us and give us a positive outcome. I never felt like I was annoying or bugging them with a bunch of questions and phone calls. They were helpful in all aspects and provided and one stop shop
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
The whole practice seemed so eager to help us and give us a positive outcome. I never felt like I was annoying or bugging them with a bunch of questions and phone calls. They were helpful in all aspects and provided and one stop shop.
Once you find a clinic you feel comfortable at, stay there.
Based on my previous experience. She decided to freeze the embryos on day 5 and let me body get back to a settled state and prepare for the transfer the following month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very helpful and quick to respond if I had any concerns
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Nice, comfortable, and clean. Everything in house was convenient. Location of actual office is inconvenient for me personally but that isn’t their fault. Blood work, procedures, therapy, daily visits were all located there.
We’re on track or slightly lower than other clinics in the area but provided procedures that would be considered spidered extra at other clinics
I only had one embryo to transfer
Houston
As a patient that has had several experiences at different clinics, I felt more confident in my treatment than I ever have after working with Dr. Stegmann. She is an accomplished physician and a warm, yet factual communicator, which comforted me.
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
As with all doctor visits, come armed with lots of questions.
Dr. Stegmann listened carefully to my concerns and past experiences. She took the time to explain the protocol, spoke in terms that I understood and even made me laugh a few times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Monica Rayo)
The compassion of the entire Aspire staff is unparalleled. Every single person I worked with was warm, compassionate and patient. I actually looked forward to going there and visiting with each person on the team.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The Houston practice is new with several openings in the works. The office is beautiful and accommodating to professionals with wifi, outlets, snacks and drinks in the waiting area. It is built with compassion and innovation at the highest priority from the minute you walk in the door.
Houston
[Dr. Stegmann is...] Very warm and compassionate. We were very nervous and speaking with her actually relaxed me. Very knowledgeable and thorough in discussing options. Not completed with our visits but will definitely recommend...Even though we didn't get the news we wanted, we learned a lot and appreciate the directness but caring way we were told. She was very matter of fact but was ready to discuss the next options and thoroughly explained our options...
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Fertility?
None. She covered all topics and left us with no questions.
Very warm and personable. Even though we didn't get the news we wanted, we learned a lot and appreciate the directness but caring way we were told. She was very matter of fact but was ready to discuss the next options and thoroughly explained our options