Good

Fort Worth
1250 8th Avenue, Suite 245
Fort Worth, TX 76104
214-618-2044

Doctor Stegmann was always pleasant and kind, just not informative with the procedures and process...rarely saw her on my visits, usually it was [nurse] who performed the IUI and did all of the ultrasounds and called with results...viewed me as "just another patient"...sounded like the protocol was standard with all IUI patients within my age range. After the first failed cycle I was told we were going to repeat the process.
[Nurse at Aspire Fertility] wasn't rude, but abrasive. She did not like when you would ask her questions. Her response during one of my visits was "I always tell patients don't Google, just let me do my job"...I think the communication is poor all around. I thought it was unorganized from the pricing all the way to the treatment protocol...I can say looking back I was treated like "just another patient"
How was your experience with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
During the consultation, she listened to what what I was looking for and what situation I was currently in. This was the longest that I spoke to her throughout my treatments with her clinic. Dr. Stegmann was nice and polite. I rarely saw her on my visits, usually it was Kat, her nurse who performed the IUI and did all of the ultrasounds and called with results. Looking back, I would say she viewed me as "just another patient". I believe treatments should be individualized to the patient. I didn't get that feeling nor did I feel like each cycle was assessed and a change in protocol or treatment was discussed between the doctor and nurse.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions and be an advocate for yourself. This is a draining process as well as an emotional one. Find a doctor that sees you as an individual and not just someone else who is trying to have a baby. I know every doctor sees multiple patients day in and day out. However, invest the time in educating yourself because Dr. Stegmann didn't educate me in my fertility and with my treatments. It makes me sad when I look back and realize how fragile us women are while seeking fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
I have never actively tried having a baby. During my treatment, I was trying to get pregnant as a SMBC (Single Mom by Choice). I am a teacher and these treatments are not covered by my insurance. With that being said, I expected to be told every step of the process, my hormone profiles during each cycle, follicle counts on each visit, etc. I am now educated in the process and I can say looking back I was treated like "just another patient". Doctor Stegmann was always pleasant and kind, just not informative with the procedures and process. EX: I had a Sonohysterogram in office. During the procedure Doctor Stegmann said I can tell your left tube is open and I'm pretty sure that your right is open, I 'm just not able to see it. At the time, I didn't know any better in what to ask and question. When moving on to another fertility doctor, I understood the importance of making SURE that your tubes were open or not.
Describe the protocols Barbara Stegmann used in your cycles at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My protocol for both cycles were exactly the same: Day 3 - Ultrasound and follicle count Days 5-7 - Letrozole (cannot recall actual dosage, but it was on the lower end) Day 12 - Mid-Cycle appointment & trigger shot Day 13 - Insemination 14 days later - Blood draw It sounded like the protocol was standard with all IUI patients within my age range. After the first failed cycle I was told we were going to repeat the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
Kat wasn't rude, but abrasive. She did not like when you would ask her questions. Her response during one of my visits was "I always tell patients don't Google, just let me do my job". When she would call after my blood work came back, she would just say, "You're ready." She never gave me full details about my E2, Progestrone, etc. (I learned all of this with my second fertility doctor, which I'm really grateful for).
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
I think the communication is poor all around. I thought it was unorganized from the pricing all the way to the treatment protocol. I think that if you are educated in fertility treatments, Dr. Stegmann probably would be just fine. However, if you're new and know nothing about your fertility, I would respectfully recommend going elsewhere. One strength I would say is that Dr. Stegmann sounds like she is knowledgeable in the field and is very pleasant as a person. She seems easy-going and was always smiling when I saw her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Stegmann at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI - $1,400 Blood work - $70 per visit Medication - $300.00 (Letrozole & Trigger Shot) Donor Sperm (Seattle Sperm Bank) - $1,760.00 (2 vials + shipping)
Describe Barbara Stegmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
I did not do IVF, only IUI. I am now moving to my first IVF cycle when my new clinic re-opens after 5 failed IUIs. I did 2 medicated IUI cycles with insemination (donor sperm) with Dr. Stegmann. I am currently looking to be a SMBC (Single Mom by Choice)
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
During one cycle with ultrasound, the nurse wrote my follicle count down on a sheet of paper verses using the machine to document the actual count and size. Also, I went to pick up my prescription for Letrozole from my pharmacy and they could not locate it. After lots of searching, the pharmacy realized they couldn't locate it because the nurse sent it over with the wrong birth date.
Main Street

I'm neutral on the clinic right now as I am in middle of cycle and can't properly evaluate them. This is the 3rd doctor they have switched me too in less than a calendar year. It feels like I am a patient number on a conveyor belt at this point Having to explain and submit your benefits info repeatedly is no fun. Having to go to three different locations is also not fun. Also, the Katy office is a scam - I was only able to get initial consult and ui ultrasound there e everything else is an hour plus drive downtown. The Katy office is pretty much a salescloset.. Get ready to drive to downtown Houston several times a week for your treatment.
Dr. Stegmann was my second doctor in six months with Aspire Fertility. She quit the practice in the middle of my IVF cycle. I was notified via text message six days after egg retrieval. I feel used, harvested and abused. If her workplace environment was that unstable (only info I can get is that there was a 'clash of personalities) she should not have been taking on new patients (and collecting payment for partially provided services). I would never have gone with her if i had known I'd have to go through the whole new doctor process (a 3rd time in less than a calendar year) again. Now I'm sitting here having to explain rudimentary things like my pharmacist benefits, etc to a whole new team when I have already gone through this step TWO TIMES. Not to mention the emotional toll it has taken to put my trust in a whole new team when I was told empty promises from Stegmann. Its a dirty trick to take on new patients that you know you aren't stable enough to give good care to so you can collect your paycheck for egg retrieval and take off. People with fertility problems are a specially vulnerable group of patients and to manipulate their trust to serve yourself is especially evil. There is a special place in H*LL for you
Make sure she plans on staying employed with clinic through the course of your cycle. You don't want to be dropped right after egg retrieval and forced to go to new clinic and doctor. Horsesh*t lying doctor just trying to get her paycheck.
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Main Street
We met with her in a conference room and she [Dr. Steegmann] talked about my periods, asked me questions, and spoke to me and my husband. She did bring up IUI and IVF in that conversation. I was not ready for that yet. ... A good doctor over all she explained some things I was not aware of. I only saw her one time for initial consultation and blood work. Any questions I had were answered by a nurse [Aspire Fertility] and my treatment was done by nurse also. ...
They [Aspire Fertility] never answer the phones. The times I sat in the waiting room for an hour they did not seem busy yet when I called no one ever picked up. They were nice but not very experienced with the type of environment that were in. ... I chose not to name my nurse because she did nothing wrong. I felt she was doing her job. She was wonderful though. She is the only one I would want to deal with again.
A good doctor over all she explained some things I was not aware of. I only saw her one time for initial consultation and blood work. Any questions I had were answered by a nurse and my treatment was done by nurse also.
Ask to see or speak to her every visit.
I saw her one time.
The consultation visit was early in the year around March. It was about an hour and a half. They did an ultrasound and hormone blood work. We met with her in a conference room and she talked about my periods, asked me questions, and spoke to me and my husband. She did bring up IUI and IVF in that conversation. I was not ready for that yet. That was all. So the next month I called and asked well what would be the next step and the nurse said well you can do an IUI and I asked about meds, she said well we would have to do a monitoring cycle first then prescribe meds. I was somewhat upset because I do work full time and I was not ready to have the infertility conversation with my male boss. So I dropped it all together. Fast forward to November 2018, I really researched IUI’s, watched videos, read up on tips for successful procedures. I called the clinic and stated I wanted to do an IUI this cycle. They never explained to me how they did it or what the procedure would be like. Everything I knew was from my own research and I trusted myself to know enough where I felt okay with the clinic not being thorough with me. BIG MISTAKE. I went in for my baseline blood work and ultrasound everything came back good. So my nurse told me take femera on CD 3 thru CD 7, I did. Then I went back on CD11 for an ultrasound to check my follicles, I had one on each ovary that were about 9 to 10 mm each. After that, the nurse prescribed me Ovidrel. She said they would look at everything and let me know when to take the shot. Later on that same day still CD 11, she called and said go ahead and take the shot at 7pm then come for your IUI tomorrow (CD 12) at 11 am. When I was in the room about to undress, I asked her so how will we know that I ovulated. She said we do not know it is a chance we are taking. That really killed my hopes. I wished I would have asked for an ultrasound, been a little more forward and I should have said something. I am still in my TTW but it crushed me that they do not check for that before doing a procedure that costs that much.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
They never answer the phones. The times I sat in the waiting room for an hour they did not seem busy yet when I called no one ever picked up. They were nice but not very experienced with the type of environment that were in.
for the IUI procedure and the baseline bloodwork and thats all. it was $1,100