Medical SchoolU. of Alabama Birmingham
850-857-3733
2344 Centerville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-325-6672
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barry Ripps to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7
My husband and I both attended the appointment [with Dr. Barry Ripps] to decide the course of treatment. Although ivf was an option it was not presented as the only option. I did not feel he was pushy at all. He is very factual, candid and to the point. He also was able to joke around and laugh with us. I was happy with the treatment plan.... I did IUIs first with femara. Protocol for first egg retrieval was 75mg gonal-f. I did not respond that cycle for egg retrieval and did timed intercourse which was unsuccessful.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC?
My husband and I both attended the appointment to decide the course of treatment. Although ivf was an option it was not presented as the only option. I did not feel he was pushy at all. He is very factual, candid and to the point. He also was able to joke around and laugh with us. I was happy with the treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC?
I feel like he will give you the best options and if that is ivf, then he would direct you to that immediately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC?
He was factual and direct with information but also made jokes and laughed with us.
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC and their degree of success.
I did IUIs first with femara. Protocol for first egg retrieval was 75mg gonal-f. I did not respond that cycle for egg retrieval and did timed intercourse which was unsuccessful. For second egg retrieval, we used gonal-f, Menopur and one other I can't recall. Egg retrieval was successful with 18 eggs retrieved that produced 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Terri Bishop)
Terri the nurse practitioner for the clinic. She is knowledgeable and compassionate with results. No one wants to hear that their cycle is canceled or that they have a negative pregnancy test. Terri promptly returns phone calls when there are questions.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
You will not see the doctor at every appt here in Panama City but he does review all charts and changes in treatment plan. There is a slight delay in knowing exactly what is next if there are changes because of this. It's a small office where you get to know all the staff and they know you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
My insurance paid for diagnostic testing: hsg, genetic testing, saline us. All costs of the cycles were my responsibility. IUIs were $1200 I think. Egg retrieval was $8700 for all monitoring and procedures. Each transfer will be $2700.
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
They only transfer one embryo based on age. I am ok with this as I do not desire multiples.
Panama City
We met Dr. Ripps in the Tallahassee office for the first time & he was so amazing. I felt like we bonded and he felt very confident that we could get pregnant via IVF with no issues. I informed him of the permanent BC I had placed and that was the only issue as to why we couldn't conceive on our own. He was so informative about the process & encouraged us to do IVF... We started with Birth Control pills for a month to get cyst on my ovaries to go down and that worked like a charm. Next we started our Menopur (150) & Follistim (150) for 10 days with Ganirelix starting on day 8 and then we pulled the trigger on day 11!
Make your appointment now! Don't wait! Every case is so different, due to different fertility issues, but I can assure you that Dr. Ripps & his staff with take the best care of you!
Every time we entered the Tallahassee office we were always greeted by our first name. Mrs. Linda & Mrs. DeAnna were always so caring and made us feel right at home. I am SO thankful for the excellent care that we have received from the Tallahassee office.
We immediately started Pre-Natal vitamins. We started with Birth Control pills for a month to get cyst on my ovaries to go down and that worked like a charm. Next we started our Menopur (150) & Follistim (150) for 10 days with Ganirelix starting on day 8 and then we pulled the trigger on day 11! We had our ER in Pensacola on Sat. April 7th at 6:30 AM and transfer was on Thursday, April 12. We had a Blood test on Wednesday, April 18th and it was positive and numbers tripled on Friday, April 20th. We are SO thankful for Dr. Ripps & his staff for such amazing care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: DeAnna)
I was referred to NewLife by my OB office in Thomasville, Georgia. We used the Tallahassee office for our visits & we couldn't have been more pleased. Mrs. DeAnna & Mrs. Linda made us feel just like family and that we belonged there! I was so thankful for the bond we created & they have both been so amazing & encouraging throughout our journey! If you are in the South Georgia/North Florida area and are looking for a fertility clinic, I HIGHLY recommend NewLife!
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
I was incredibly thankful for the organization, patience, bed-side manner & encouragement that the Tallahassee Office provided during this whole process. I would HIGHLY recommend NewLife to anyone trying to conceive. Mrs. DeAnna and Mrs. Linda treated us with the best care and were always super helpful with any questions/concerns that we had.
Our initial consult with Dr. Ripps & Mrs. Linda was around $150. We had different blood test and other things done along with way that all added up to be close to $1500 if I remember correctly. We financed approx. $14000 for the IVF cycle and the medicine.
Tallahassee
I found that you just have to keep asking Dr. Ripps questions and come prepared. We kept pushing for discussion on alternative ways to retrieve sperm for our next cycle and it seemed Dr Ripps wasn't listening... BUT he very much so was and sent us info after our appointment related to why this would be a good move...Our first cycle resulted in poor fertilization and no embryos. We adjusted protocols for #2 and used TESA to retrieved healthier sperm. We also used a different trigger method for me to avoid OHSS which I got the first time around. Cycle #2 resulted in 2 embryos, which we froze for a transfer at a later date and no OHSS.
European, Latino
Dr. Ripps is confident and knowledgeable though can sometimes seem dismissive, but he isn't! "Dry" is a good way of describing him, and that's fine, he clearly cares and we never felt rushed or not cared for. Our first cycle failed due to poor fertilization. I found that you just have to keep asking Dr. Ripps questions and come prepared. We kept pushing for discussion on alternative ways to retrieve sperm for our next cycle and it seemed Dr Ripps wasn't listening... BUT he very much so was and sent us info after our appointment related to why this would be a good move.
Be prepared with questions because Dr. Ripps likes to get straight to the point without using much filler. Personally, I needed answers and explanations for everything (whether it was a why or a why not) but he isn't much for entertaining those and he's pretty blunt. That's ok, just be prepared! You also meet with Head Nurse Linda who is all about the details and can fill that void if you need it.
Dr Ripps, the nurses and staff at New Life (Tallahassee is my main branch) are kind, warm and encouraging. Head nurse Linda Fricke is extremely thorough and honest, ready to answer all and any question she can. They all know me when I call the office. They do a great job of making you feel like their main priority.
We are dealing with severe male factory infertility, no known genetic issues . My husband was put on clomid (3 different doctors agree), we added a few supplements to his diet and acupuncture. For me, I was a super straight forward very easy case for egg retrieval. I stemmed for 8 days (both cycles) and they retrieved a good amount of mature eggs both times. Our first cycle resulted in poor fertilization and no embryos. We adjusted protocols for #2 and used TESA to retrieved healthier sperm. We also used a different trigger method for me to avoid OHSS which I got the first time around. Cycle #2 resulted in 2 embryos, which we froze for a transfer at a later date and no OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Deanna )
The nursing staff is wonderful. Each person is warm and caring and very knowledgeable! My first cycle was very overwhelming. Deanna (main nurse for Tallahassee) was way more willing to help than I expected. She communicated via email and phone, and even gave me her cell for questions and concerns after egg retrieval. Head nurse Linda goes over IVF paperwork and details with you and is just wonderful!
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
New Leaders in fertility are extremely organized, experienced and caring. It does take a while to see Dr. Ripps, which can feel like forever when you are in the beginning of such a crazy journey, but I understand since they have branches throughout the Florida panhandle. But the nurses and staff are also highly knowledgeable. I wish I could back up my evaluation with a success story but we haven't gotten there yet. IVF is a gamble. Our first failed cycle wasn't for lack of care from New Life, it's just the way it goes. Looking forward to transferring one of our embryos from cycle 2 soon!
Appointments are not covered by insurance in Florida. Each visit is a little over $100. Semen analysis are around $70. Our first IVF round which included ICSI, a frozen semen sample and freezing for left over embryos (might be forgetting something) was $10,500. IVF #2 was discounted a bit, we added a procedure (TESA for sperm extraction) which all came out around the same cost at the first time. Frozen Embryo Transfer is $2700.00 plus cost of meds.
Dr Ripps and the nurses at NEW LIFE explain the risks of multiple embryo transfer clearly. They encourage SET.
Tallahassee
Dr. Ripps did a great job explaining the process to us, and what he felt our best options were for a successful pregnancy....Dr. Ripps took time in appointments to get to know my husband and I. He made small talk and we both felt very comfortable with him before we even jumped into the medical explanations....As we were dealing with Male Factor, the protocol combined two injections for egg growth and one injection to help even out follicle growth. We underwent egg retrieval and a fresh five day transfer.
Dr. Ripps did a great job explaining the process to us, and what he felt our best options were for a successful pregnancy. We appreciated his candidness and willingness to listen to our hesitations and concerns. For a doctor, he was quick to listen and given the difficult circumstances that infertility provides, knowing that our doctor would listen to our concerns was important.
He does have an unexpected, quirky sense of humor- which is appreciated (by us, anyway!) once understood!
Dr. Ripps took time in appointments to get to know my husband and I. He made small talk and we both felt very comfortable with him before we even jumped into the medical explanations. When our IVF cycle failed, the first thing he said to me in the appointment afterwards was a kind, genuine apology that we were not successful. This was huge, and I felt that he saw me as a human experiencing sadness over a failed cycle as opposed to just another patient to deal with.
As we were dealing with Male Factor, the protocol combined two injections for egg growth and one injection to help even out follicle growth. We underwent egg retrieval and a fresh five day transfer. We were not successful this time, but have already received our protocol for our second cycle. We will be increasing some of the injections to hopefully increase egg supply, and undergoing the TESE procedure for sperm retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Where to begin.... Deanna and Linda at the Tallahassee office were always quick to listen, explain, and walk me through injections (especially the first couple of days, I had lots of questions!) They gave me their cell phone numbers during our treatment and encouraged me to call with any questions or concerns. These ladies made infertility treatment much less intimidating. They were always prepared with calendars for medications and specific instructions for appointments or injections. I cannot rave enough about this office staff.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
This clinic is small but personable. They know me and my husband by name and don't have to refer to a medical chart to remember us or our protocol. At our first appointment, we were given a price list up front and procedures were explained in detail. I left the office relieved that I had a list to help me keep all of our appointments and procedures straight. During our IVF cycle, we had to travel to the Pensacola office for both the egg retrieval and transfer. Both of the staff at the Tallahassee office traveled there and were with us during the entire process. My nurse, Deanna, was even in the room during my egg retrieval. That made the process feel much more comfortable, to see a familiar face. And finally, when we found out our IVF cycle was not successful, we were met with compassion and encouragement from the entire staff. They were quick to express their disappointment for us, but their hope that we would get our sweet baby soon!
IVF cycle- $8,500. This did not include the ordered medications. All initial appointments and procedures were not included in this, and were usually a minimum of $85 and went up depending on what tests were being done or what procedures were done.
We only had one to transfer, but for our specific case, and given our ages (both in our 20s) he did not want us to consider anything other than a single embryo transfer, as it simply carries fewer complications in pregnancy.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Ripps, is very thoughtful and detailed oriented. He goes through your test results with you and gives you all the options you have. He only uses evidence based medicine. He personally calls you when you request it or have questions...Dr Ripps is very evidence based in his practice. He explained everything ever step of the way. He uses graphs and power points and makes everything very easy to understand...
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Ripps is very evidence based in his practice. He explained everything ever step of the way. He uses graphs and power points and makes everything very easy to understand. He is also very thoughtful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He likes to get into the details of every diagnosis and procedure, so if you are a less is more person let him know at the onset of appointment. I could see were some people may be in information overload after an appointment with him :-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After going through all my test results with me, he was very honest and told me it was going to be very difficult for me to get pregnant with my own eggs. He said to get the most out of our treatments for the money we should go straight to IVF. We did a traditional cycle on maxed out doses of menopure and folostem, we did not get any viable eggs. We then went to an antigonist cycle where I got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 made it to day 5 that resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I then chose to move to donor eggs. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Dr Ripps has a few satellite offices where the do consultations and monitoring. He does all procedures out of his Pensacola office. He has an IVF coordinator, Linda, who is wonderful. All of his office staff are very friendly, helpful and get back with you promptly.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
He has satellite offices so you can do all your monitoring close to home. His prices are very competitive. He does all procedures out of Pensacola. His procedure team is very thoughtful and informative.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They are extremely flexible!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
He was a good bit cheaper than other clinics in my area
Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine
Gainesville
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Ripps] was a very direct person but also compassionate. He talked differently to me then my husband based on our personalities.... the day iui came he was very honest and said we would only have maybe a 5% chance of getting pregnant with it (they just got my husband's results that morning) but we still wanted to move forward.... Ask questions because he will answer everything. He will not hide anything from you. Very honest man.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He was a very direct person but also compassionate. He talked differently to me then my husband based on our personalities. He made us feel so comfortable that even when we just recently moved we KNEW that we needed to go back to him and wouldn't trust anyone else to go through this process with.
They treated us like family and we are now back there and still remembered us and asked how we were and as a family. Just so kind and loving.
We did an iui first because we hadn't gotten back the results of my husband's sperm sample. He had a sample that had to be sent off to see how badly his male infertility was. So we gave you a shot. But the day iui came he was very honest and said we would only have maybe a 5% chance of getting pregnant with it (they just got my husband's results that morning) but we still wanted to move forward. He was very honest that we needed to icsi route and even after the iui he said he would call and check on me which was very reassuring. When I obviously didn't get pregnant, he promised icsi was our goto to have a baby. And he was right! He was just so kinda and reassuring the whole time.
They all were so welcoming and warm. Even when I wanted to just break down and cry they all gave hugs and always told me how strong I was. They always called and checked on us as a couple. And when we did get pregnant the first time they all called and even got to meet our son.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
Read all your paperwork! They explain a lot to you but you tend to forget things. So just make sure you always go through your pamphlets because it's all there for you. I necessarily don't know of any weaknesses for them because they we're always so on top of things.
We had really good insurance this first time. We just had to put the $2000 for the surgery and we actually glended up getting $1500 back. But this time with this new insurance we have, we only have coverage for testing. Nothing else is covered.
Our insurance had fertility coverage with my husband's old company and it only covered 1 embryo, so no topic ever came up to have 2 transferred.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Ripps was a great doctor and was very informative every step of the way. We appreciated his help, knowledge and expertise throughout the entire process. There were times that we did not see him in appointments; however, there was always another professional to help with questions that we had. Although we were with the clinic for a little over two years before a positive result, he did everything he could to get us to that outcome, and we are so appreciative.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Unexplained
Be patient.
We started off with lots of testing. Then we moved on to oral and injectable drugs for about 8 Ovulation Induction cycles. After that, we moved to IVF treatment. One cycle was cancelled because my body did not respond to medication; however, Dr. Ripps adjusted the medication and the second round of IVF was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The staff at New Leaders in Fertility is AMAZING - I do not have have better things to say about my nursing team. They were with me every step of the way - through the bad times and the good ones. I honestly don't know what we would have done without them during this process.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
The clinic is truly a great clinic. Insurance coverage can be an issue, but that is standard with fertility related issues. Other than that, they were always welcoming, very helpful when I had questions, and incredibly organized when it comes to scheduling.
Pensacola
I had intravenous drugs to stimulate my ovaries, with attempts at natural conception which did not work. After doing more in depth investigation [with Dr. Barry Ripps] of my husband's sperm we realized that male infertility was the problem. I went through IVF and had 11 embryos formed. We transferred one with a chemical pregnancy, one with a negative pregnancy, and two which are currently at 7 weeks.
I felt that the doctors were incredibly compassionate and helpful. They called to check in, and answered all questions I had. I felt they were rooting for me at all times. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone else and feel that they did a lot for my husband and me.
Follow the instructions and trust the process.
I was treated kindly at all times. Even when I had "stupid" questions, I never felt that I was wasting anyone's time.
I had intravenous drugs to stimulate my ovaries, with attempts at natural conception which did not work. After doing more in depth investigation of my husband's sperm we realized that male infertility was the problem. I went through IVF and had 11 embryos formed. We transferred one with a chemical pregnancy, one with a negative pregnancy, and two which are currently at 7 weeks.
The nurses were incredibly helpful. They always returned calls, knew my name immediately, and worked with me at all times. I felt that I could trust them.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
The staff at the clinic are wonderful, and the facility is clean and inviting. I don't think that anything needs to change at all. I feel comfortable every time that I am here. I think everything was handled correctly at all times.
There were extensive costs involved, but we were prepared to pay them.
Pensacola
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve [by Dr. Barry Ripps]. We did one medicated IUI cycle, my understanding is expectations were pretty low but it was an opportunity to see how I responded to medication without spending the full amount on an IVF cycle. I did not get pregnant. Next cycle we made medication adjustments and did IVF with ICSI and a fresh transfer. I'm 31 weeks pregnant now...Dr. Ripps is very detail oriented and direct. He inspires confidence while also managing expectations. His practice is evidence-based and he is good at communicating realistic outcomes. I asked him a lot of questions about how he created our treatment plan and he always had clear answers.
Be prepared to take notes, it's a lot of information.
All staff were personable and knew details of our diagnosis and goals.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did one medicated IUI cycle, my understanding is expectations were pretty low but it was an opportunity to see how I responded to medication without spending the full amount on an IVF cycle. I did not get pregnant. Next cycle we made medication adjustments and did IVF with ICSI and a fresh transfer. I'm 31 weeks pregnant now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Linda is the IVF coordinator, Deanna is the nurse at my local clinic.)
Nursing staff was warm, personable, knowledgeable, and familiar with my treatment plan and goals. I can't say enough good things about them.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
The clinic is conveniently located, clean, and it was easy to make appointments that accommodated my work schedule. Staff is great.
We spent around $900 on a diagnosis, $3,000 on a medicated IUI, and $16,000 on IVF out of pocket (no insurance converge). This includes medications. The IUI cycle itself was $1800 and the IVF package (which included ICSI) was $9200.
Dr. Ripps recommended two embryos based on my age (39). We transferred two. Both implanted but only one grew into a baby.
2012 - 2016
Dr. Ripps was very personable and easy to communicate with. He cracked jokes with my husband and I to ease our nerves before our transfers, but was also very serious when the time called for it. He was very detailed in explaining our diagnosis and answered my questions. We knew exactly what to expect going into each cycle and each cycle was spot on with what was predicted.
2012 - 2016
Don't be afraid to ask quearions. He is there to help you and makes sure that you know it.
Dr. Ripps remembered my husband and I each time we met with him. He was very patient and answered any questions we had. He was very detailed in describing what to expect with each cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Linda Fricke)
All of the staff at NewLife is absolutely wonderful! I couldn't have wished for a better IVF coordinator than Linda. She was so friendly and warm and made sure you knew she was rooting for you. She was always there to answer any questions I had and made sure I knew I could call her anytime. When my first IVF cycle failed and she made the call to confirm, I could hear the compassion in her voice and it was comforting.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
The clinic is inviting and the staff knows you by name. They work with you tomschedule appointments that work for your schedule. I felt very comfortable there.
Our IUI cycles, unmedicated were around $800. Our first IVF cycle was around $10,000 and the 2nd and 3rd were each $7,000, not including medications.
This wasn't applicable to us because we only had 1 embryo each time.
Pensacola
The staff and Dr. Ripps were always very understanding and sympathetic to my personal fertility struggles....He gave very concise and important information. He took the time to explain tests, drugs,and procedures with me. He was always willing to listen to concerns my husband or I had. He was very sympathic to my personal fertility struggle and very attentive to my mental and physical well being.
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
To ask questions and listen to the advice he gives you on your own health.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology and their degree of success.
We only tried IUI and hormone injection therapy because he felt I would get pregnant pretty quickly as he could find no imbalances or blockages that could be causing my infertility making him feel that I just needed to increase my chances by taking hormones so I would produce more eggs and performing an IUI in case something was hindering the flow of the sperm through my cervix. But unfortunately it still never worked.
The nurses were always very helpful and informative. There were a couple of instances where I was supposed to come in for an appointment but they had me going to the Pensacola clinic instead of the Mobile one.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
Very friendly and eager to assist in your journey to parenthood. Very informative and good educators of test and procedures. Had some trouble with appointment times but they were quickly rectified and I never felt like an inconvenience if there was a mix up.
What specific things went wrong at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
Barry Ripps
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] gave clear and concise information. He was very through with the testing and diagnosis of what was the cause of my infertility even though no explaination could be found. He was answered all of my questions knowledgeably and listened and sympathized with any concerns I had...We decided to try hormone therapy to increase my ovulation and IUI procedures. I wasn’t open to IVF at the time and he thought the IUI was the better choice in my case since we could find no reason for me not to be able to get pregnant.
He gave clear and concise information. He was very through with the testing and diagnosis of what was the cause of my infertility even though no explaination could be found. He was answered all of my questions knowledgeably and listened and sympathized with any concerns I had.
To ask questions and voice any concerns you have.
The staff were always very helpful and sympathetic to my personal fertility struggles.
We decided to try hormone therapy to increase my ovulation and IUI procedures. I wasn’t open to IVF at the time and he thought the IUI was the better choice in my case since we could find no reason for me not to be able to get pregnant. Unfortunately they did not work and after a year we had to quit because my mother became sick and my husband and I had to take care of her.
Very informative and would always explain the injections and procedures to me. They were always available to answer my questions. The nurses were always encouraging and sympathetic to my struggle.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
Very personable and truly enjoy the work they do. My only complaint would be that there were a couple instances where there was a mix up with my appointment site but it was quickly fixed and I was not treated like an inconvenience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
My insurance covered my meds and half the cost of the IUI procedure so I ended up paying $900 a month.
What specific things went wrong at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology?
Mobile
He [Dr. Ripps] took time with me and explained things that were difficult in a delicate manner. I did not feel rushed...Make sure to read all the handouts because he expects you to have read them....I know they did blood work and did a vaginal ultrasound and some other tests to determine if there were or would be any problems with pregnancy. I found out I have low ovarian reserve... I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment.
I have only met with him once so far. I am about to start the actual process so I am sure I will see him more now. I am waiting for a schedule to be emailed to me so that I will know when to start the fertility medications.
Make sure to read all the handouts because he expects you to have read them.
He took time with me and explained things that were difficult in a delicate manner. I did not feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Terry )
I have worked mostly with Terrry. She was honest and open, personable, and really sweet.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
They are easy to get a hold of on the phone and are pretty good about returning calls and providing information quickly. They make you feel welcomed. I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment.
So far about $300 but again I have not started the cycle yet. I plan to do the March IVF cycle and was told the cost would be around 17k with medications and all.
They seem to be for just one embryo transfer at a time but I plan on doing the genetic screening to determine the embryos that would be the best to use. Multiple embryos could led to multiple births which has a lot of extra risks involved.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
As previously mentioned, Dr. Ripps was very accommodating to my personal needs of wanting to know every and all details of the process. He explained things exactly as I hoped. His staff is absolutely wonderful and caring. Top notch team.... I have DOR. We tried several medicated cycles with IUI then moved on to a laparoscopy. After that I got pregnant naturally in three months.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Let him know your needs right away and personal preferences from the start.
Dr. Ripps understood that I like as much information as possible and happily obliged.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Christie)
All of the staff is wonderful. Kelly and Christie both were extremely attentive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
All has been great. The facility is very warm, welcoming, and clean. They always were able to make appointments that worked with my schedule. Everything seems very well organized. Staff is top notch.
This is no fault of the clinic but for me, Dr. Ripps was out of network so all was out of pocket. However, their fees are much more reasonable than competitors.
He suggested that we transfer two embryos since I have DOR. He let me know the potential health effects of it.
Pensacola
I have not actually seen Dr. Ripps yet. I have only seen the nurse practitioner who was amazing! She explained everything in detail, and knew who I was the moment I walked in. If i had any questions she answered them and if she didn't know she got back to me in a timely manner. She treated my family as if we were part of her own family...You will hardly see him but the other staff us amazing.
You will hardly see him but the other staff us amazing.
They listened to how I felt, and took into consideration what I had been through already.
We did an IUI with the help of medicine. I was on birth control, letrozole, gonal f, and hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
Hannah was absolutely great! I can not say enough great things about her. When I was nervous she was there to calm me down, or when I got excited she was there to get excited with me. She never let me think negative.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
It takes a little while for them to call you back for your initial visit but they will and don't give up on them! Tell them everything! If you are tired of doing iuis then tell them, they listen to everything you want.
Iui with insurance costs around 350 not including meds
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
I think it should be up to the patient. If they understand the risk and still want to proceed than that should be allowed.
Dothan
Dr. Ripps is very kind and considerate. At each visit, he spent a great amount of time explaining things and we never felt rushed. He has helped us out tremendously and would definitely recommend him to anyone in the future...We were treated with much compassion. They take as much time as we need to explain everything making sure we understood and never felt rushed...I would recommend doing your own research before your appointment in order to have a better understanding for when you do meet with him
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kathileen )
Kathileen is absolutely amazing. I can not say enough positive things about her. But, she is very compassionate and patient with any questions you may have.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology.
I would say they're strengths are making you feel like a priority. They spend as much time as possible with you and never make you feel like a "number."
The cost is quite competitive. He definitely doesn't charge an outrageous amount.
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.... I would be put on birth control (because I do not have a regular cycle on my own) and then take femera for ovulation and then use trigger shots. I did this in our timed conception trials and also for our iui cycle
PCOS, Unexplained
He was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.
His staff is one of the best. They are so personable and really get to know you. Every time I go, they ask be about other details of your life because they truly remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
One thing I love about this office (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.
$700
2013 - 2014
There honestly was no bad. He [Dr. Barry Ripps] was amazing with us. He sat us down and talked to us at people not numbers and explained what migbt be happening and sure enough after they did my endo surgery i got pregnant doing ivf... His office was so nice and kind. He helped us in every way he could to get pregnant. Wonderful office
2013 - 2014
There honestly was no bad. He was amazing with us. He sat us down and talked to us at people not numbers and explained what migbt be happening and sure enough after they did my endo surgery i got pregnant doing ivf.
Listen to him he knows alot
They were just as awesome as dr ripps. They understood what we were going through and the journey we were on.
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
I loved the at home atmosphere!! We are always comfortable and felt understood when we were there. They always would make sure we were comfortable and had anything we needed. Worked around work schedules.
They worked with us on the cost. Insurance covered alot of it and they worked with us with the oit of pocket cost
Pensacola
He [Dr Ripps] has a dry sense of humor but he was honest and I appreciated that. He was very clear on our options and spoke to us in terms that we could understand....He's a little strange but an amazing doctor. Get past the weirdness and listen to what he has to say.
He has a dry sense of humor but he was honest and I apprciated that. He was very clear on our options and spoke to us in terms that we could understand.
The staff knew me by name when calling or checking in. I felt like they were with me every step of our journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
One word.....awesome!
Describe your experience with New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology, LLC.
Clean, on time, quick, professional
8500 was what we paid for IVF with ICSI and temporary egg storage until we got a positive test result. Medication was about another 500.00 after our insurance.