5.7

850-857-3733
2344 Centerville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-325-6672

I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy [from Dr. Barry Ripps]...spoke to me in a nice tone, but told me there was no way I could get pregnant except through a medical procedure that he would have to perform. I felt like I was being sold his service even when there were other options. I just didn't believe him because questions I asked and got answers from, his answers contradicted information that I got from other doctors and resources.
I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy [at New Life]...The nursing staff was courteous...During consultations, the doctor provided me conflicting information about my results and what my options were. He also failed to convey critical information which made my options for care and treatment limited...This is a very small, intimate facility. They use the latest procedures and the equipment seems to be up to date. The clinic has a courteous receptionist who is also the billing agent and she performs both jobs well. The check-in procedure is fast and accurate and there have never been any billing issues. The nursing staff is also courteous and knowledgeble.
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Dr. Barry Ripps is strong in selling his procedures, products, and services but weak in listening to the patient. I asked questions that I knew the answers to already to see what he would say, and every answer was negative, but it was said with a smile and a suggestion that I choose this procedure or that medication. I wasn't told the positive possibilities only the negative possibilities which made it seem as if I needed to spend thousands of dollars to follow his regimen.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
If this is the only doctor that your insurance covers and you have to go to him, go informed and ask questions to see where he is with you. Does it seem like he's concerned about your well-being or does it see like he's trying to sell you his products and services? Ask about possible positive outcomes if he doesn't bring them up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
I felt in between a number and a human because the doctor spoke to me in a nice tone, but told me there was no way I could get pregnant except through a medical procedure that he would have to perform. I felt like I was being sold his service even when there were other options. I just didn't believe him because questions I asked and got answers from, his answers contradicted information that I got from other doctors and resources.
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology) and their degree of success.
I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The nursing staff was courteous.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Everything was paid for by my insurance, so I don't know.
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
none
What specific things went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Ripps is confident and knowledgeable though can sometimes seem dismissive, but he isn't! "Dry" is a good way of describing him ... I would say he's conservative in his approach which can work great for some people. ... We are dealing with severe male factory infertility. ... We used TESA retrieved sperm for our second IVF cycle. ...I needed answers and explanations for everything (whether it was a why or a why not) but he isn't much for entertaining those and he's pretty blunt.
NEW LIFE does not treat patients with known donor sperm/eggs so we have switched to a clinic that does. ... Each person is warm and caring and very knowledgeable! When I was buying medications, which was totally over whelming, Deanna (main nurse for Tallahassee) was way more willing to help than I expected. She communicated via email and phone, and even gave me her cell for questions and concerns after egg retrieval. Head nurse Linda goes over IVF paperwork and details with you and is just wonderful!
Dr. Ripps is confident and knowledgeable though can sometimes seem dismissive, but he isn't! "Dry" is a good way of describing him, and that's fine, but he clearly cares and we never felt rushed or not cared for. Our first cycle failed due to poor fertilization. I found that you just have to keep asking Dr. Ripps questions, come prepared and advocate for yourself. He is hesitant to try new techniques, test etc. I would say he's conservative in his approach which can work great for some people.
Be prepared with questions because Dr. Ripps likes to get straight to the point without using much filler. I needed answers and explanations for everything (whether it was a why or a why not) but he isn't much for entertaining those and he's pretty blunt. That's ok, just be prepared! You also meet with Head Nurse Linda who is all about the details and can fill that void if you need it.
The nurses and staff at New Life (I've had an experience in the Tallahassee, Pensacola and Panama City offices) are kind, warm and encouraging. Head nurse Linda Fricke is extremely thorough and honest, ready to answer all and any question she can. They all know me when I call the office. Dr. Ripps is a little hard to get a vibe from at first but he's very calm and caring. It is a smaller clinic which helps facilitate a good feeling .
We are dealing with severe male factory infertility. My husband was put on clomid (3 different doctors agree), we added supplements and continued to eat well as we already do. Between two doctors, all his panels were run and show no known genetic issues (though male factor science is lacking), and other tests are good too. For me, I was a super straight forward very easy case for egg retrieval. I stemmed for 7 days and they retrieved 12 eggs (10 mature) which is a great number! In the end, we had zero blasts due to poor fertilization. We used TESA retrieved sperm for our second IVF cycle. 15 eggs were retrieved and we ended with 2 blasts. Neither resulted in a pregnancy. We are moving on to known donor sperm IUIs with another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Deanna )
The nursing staff is wonderful. Each person is warm and caring and very knowledgeable! When I was buying medications, which was totally over whelming, Deanna (main nurse for Tallahassee) was way more willing to help than I expected. She communicated via email and phone, and even gave me her cell for questions and concerns after egg retrieval. Head nurse Linda goes over IVF paperwork and details with you and is just wonderful!
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
New Leaders in fertility are extremely organized and caring. It does take a while to see Dr. Ripps, which can feel like forever when you are in the beginning of such a crazy journey, but I understand since they have branches throughout the Florida panhandle. The nurses and staff are also highly knowledgeable. I wish I could back up my evaluation with a success story but we didn't have any luck with IVF and are moving on to a donor. NEW LIFE does not treat patients with known donor sperm/eggs so we have switched to a clinic that does.
Appointments are not covered by insurance in Florida. Each visit is a little over $100. Semen analysis are around $70. Our first IVF round which included ICSI, a frozen semen sample and freezing for left over embryos (might be forgetting something) was $10,500. Medications were around $3000.00 or so. We didn't do a transfer or have embryos to freeze so we were refunded close to $1000.00. Our second IVF was a little less though (med prices were also a little less) we had two transfers which total around $3000.00 each with meds and such. Though these prices always change a bit.
Dr. Ripps discourages transferring more than one embryo in most circumstances.
In dealing with Male Factor Infertility, my husband submits frequent semen samples. We didn't receive the results for one once but it didn't hinder any treatment. It was more for our own curiosity and we could also just call and ask for it. Really no big deal.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Ripps traveled to different facilities so he was not always available to talk to and answer questions. His staff and coordinators were awesome. We never felt like we were missing anything with his absence...The first IUI was unmedicated and was unsuccessful. The second IUI was medicated with Letrozole and a "trigger shot," and was also unsuccessful. All of her labs were normal and we thought both would result in a pregnancy.
The staff is very warm and friendly [at NewLIFE]. They explain your treatment plan and are there to answer any questions...Dr. Ripps traveled to different facilities so he was not always available to talk to and answer questions. His staff and coordinators were awesome. We never felt like we were missing anything with his absence...
Just stay positive and if you have any questions, ask them.
The staff is very warm and friendly. They explain your treatment plan and are there to answer any questions.
The nursing staff, (Heather and Kathlieen) were incredible. They were always there to answer questions and to make the environment comfortable.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic is open Monday-Thursday and 1/2 the day on Friday. It is easiest to reach them on the phone and they usually always answer or return calls. The clinic is easy to find and is always clean. Be prepared to ask questions and do as much "research" on IUI and IVF as possible before your first visit, so you know what questions to ask.
The costs were general co-pays for check ups. The IUI procedure cost $350 each time.
Mobile