5.7

2344 Centerville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-325-6672

Treated 2018 - 2019
Be prepared for a very science and evidence based practitioner [Dr. Barry Ripps]...We used only letrizole during IUI cycles to prepare as our oral drug. We used Gonal F injectable you help the follicles grow. The results were good and as expected. I had to use more than most people because my egg reserve is low...I did feel like a human. He has good eye contact and was warm during our interactions...He was very good at explaining the procedures to us. He was very thorough and answered questions well. The appointments were quick. I was always very pleased with my interactions.
They [New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are good communicators. They are excellent at billing and willing to look into my questions. They are very busy so they can be booked out far for appointments. They are in need of additional providers for that reason...The staff is the best part of this clinic. They have been supportive and caring from the start. They have helped me and my family through a very tough time with grace and finesse.
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
He was very evidence based driven. I appreciate the emphasis on the science. He was very good at explaining the procedures to us. He was very thorough and answered questions well. The appointments were quick. I was always very pleased with my interactions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Be prepared for a very science and evidence based practitioner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are good communicators. They are excellent at billing and willing to look into my questions. They are very busy so they can be booked out far for appointments. They are in need of additional providers for that reason.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Approximately 10,000.00 for an ivf cycle with egg retrieval. This is not including medicine.
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
No comments
What specific things went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
There was only one occasion where we did not get a call back to schedule our IUI. I had to drive up to the clinic. It was quickly scheduled and resolved after I arrived.
Pensacola
He [Dr. Ripps] took time with me and explained things that were difficult in a delicate manner. I did not feel rushed...Make sure to read all the handouts because he expects you to have read them....I know they did blood work and did a vaginal ultrasound and some other tests to determine if there were or would be any problems with pregnancy. I found out I have low ovarian reserve... I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment.
They [New LIFE] are easy to get a hold of on the phone and are pretty good about returning calls and providing information quickly. They make you feel welcomed. I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment...I have worked mostly with Terrry. She was honest and open, personable, and really sweet.
I have only met with him once so far. I am about to start the actual process so I am sure I will see him more now. I am waiting for a schedule to be emailed to me so that I will know when to start the fertility medications.
Make sure to read all the handouts because he expects you to have read them.
He took time with me and explained things that were difficult in a delicate manner. I did not feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Terry )
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are easy to get a hold of on the phone and are pretty good about returning calls and providing information quickly. They make you feel welcomed. I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment.
So far about $300 but again I have not started the cycle yet. I plan to do the March IVF cycle and was told the cost would be around 17k with medications and all.
They seem to be for just one embryo transfer at a time but I plan on doing the genetic screening to determine the embryos that would be the best to use. Multiple embryos could led to multiple births which has a lot of extra risks involved.
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.... I would be put on birth control (because I do not have a regular cycle on my own) and then take femera for ovulation and then use trigger shots. I did this in our timed conception trials and also for our iui cycle
One thing I love about this office [New LIFE] (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.... His staff is one of the best. They are so personable and really get to know you. Every time I go, they ask be about other details of your life because they truly remember.... I would be put on birth control (because I do not have a regular cycle on my own) and then take femera for ovulation and then use trigger shots. I did this in our timed conception trials and also for our iui cycle
He was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
One thing I love about this office (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.
$700
Mobile

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Ripps is direct to the point and does not sugar-coat his words, which I like, but some people may find him blunt. He is knowledgeable and experienced. The work-ups he recommended were extensive and thorough. He takes his time to explain and answers your questions or concerns... he will let you know whether to transfer one vs multiple embryos, depending on the quality; but ultimately, the final decision will be from the coup
The staff at Dr Ripps' clinic were friendly, accommodating and patient. The facility/clinic is well-kept and clean. Weakness: the bill you will receive is going to be confusing. Please call the office make sure that understand every little details... Nurse Michelle is very helpful and patient with all my question
He is direct to the point and he will inform you what your diagnosis and treatment plan
Dr Ripps is direct to the point; he does not sugar coat the diagnosis
I do not recall this now
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle is very helpful and patient with all my questions
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Definitely expensive since everything is out of pocket. None of the tests/treatment were covered by insurance
he will let you know whether to transfer one vs multiple embryos, depending on the quality; but ultimately, the final decision will be from the couple
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Barry Ripps] needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year...We have done clomid, letrazole, injections, trigger shots, and iui with all of the above. No positive pregnancy test...I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present...Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
[Nurses at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology are] Amazing. You felt like a sister to them. They have went above and beyond for me!...RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it...300 a visit because my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. IuI was 950 a cycle...Old and outdated decor. Needs updating. Dr. Ripps needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year. Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present. It is a great office over all though. I recommended a friend there and she did get pregnant. So that's a plus.
Listen to them. Follow directions. Communication is key
His Panama city staff made me feel great
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it