5.7

2344 Centerville Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-325-6672

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Ripps traveled to different facilities so he was not always available to talk to and answer questions. His staff and coordinators were awesome. We never felt like we were missing anything with his absence...The first IUI was unmedicated and was unsuccessful. The second IUI was medicated with Letrozole and a "trigger shot," and was also unsuccessful. All of her labs were normal and we thought both would result in a pregnancy.
The staff is very warm and friendly [at NewLIFE]. They explain your treatment plan and are there to answer any questions...Dr. Ripps traveled to different facilities so he was not always available to talk to and answer questions. His staff and coordinators were awesome. We never felt like we were missing anything with his absence...
How was your experience with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Just stay positive and if you have any questions, ask them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
The staff is very warm and friendly. They explain your treatment plan and are there to answer any questions.
Describe the protocols Barry Ripps used in your cycles at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The nursing staff, (Heather and Kathlieen) were incredible. They were always there to answer questions and to make the environment comfortable.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic is open Monday-Thursday and 1/2 the day on Friday. It is easiest to reach them on the phone and they usually always answer or return calls. The clinic is easy to find and is always clean. Be prepared to ask questions and do as much "research" on IUI and IVF as possible before your first visit, so you know what questions to ask.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Ripps at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The costs were general co-pays for check ups. The IUI procedure cost $350 each time.
Describe Barry Ripps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Ripps took the time out to explain everything to me and my husband during every procedure. He was very caring when I had my surgery he went out personally and got my husband to bring him back to me and explained what happened and what the outcome was. ... He took the time to explain everything to me and my husband. ...
To me the clinic [NewLIFE] was always prepared for when I came in for my appointment they was always on time. I would maybe sit in the lobby before pulling me back and they never took forever during the appointments. ... They were very sweet and caring. They scheduled my appointments around my work schedule, which I thought was very sweet of them. After I had my surgery they called the day after to make sure I was ok and that I wasnt having any after effects.
To just trust Dr. Ripps he knows what he is talking about.
He took the time to explain everything to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
To me the clinic was always prepared for when I came in for my appointment they was always on time. I would maybe sit in the lobby before pulling me back and they never took forever during the appointments.
Dothan

I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy [from Dr. Barry Ripps]...spoke to me in a nice tone, but told me there was no way I could get pregnant except through a medical procedure that he would have to perform. I felt like I was being sold his service even when there were other options. I just didn't believe him because questions I asked and got answers from, his answers contradicted information that I got from other doctors and resources.
I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy [at New Life]...The nursing staff was courteous...During consultations, the doctor provided me conflicting information about my results and what my options were. He also failed to convey critical information which made my options for care and treatment limited...This is a very small, intimate facility. They use the latest procedures and the equipment seems to be up to date. The clinic has a courteous receptionist who is also the billing agent and she performs both jobs well. The check-in procedure is fast and accurate and there have never been any billing issues. The nursing staff is also courteous and knowledgeble.
Dr. Barry Ripps is strong in selling his procedures, products, and services but weak in listening to the patient. I asked questions that I knew the answers to already to see what he would say, and every answer was negative, but it was said with a smile and a suggestion that I choose this procedure or that medication. I wasn't told the positive possibilities only the negative possibilities which made it seem as if I needed to spend thousands of dollars to follow his regimen.
If this is the only doctor that your insurance covers and you have to go to him, go informed and ask questions to see where he is with you. Does it seem like he's concerned about your well-being or does it see like he's trying to sell you his products and services? Ask about possible positive outcomes if he doesn't bring them up.
I felt in between a number and a human because the doctor spoke to me in a nice tone, but told me there was no way I could get pregnant except through a medical procedure that he would have to perform. I felt like I was being sold his service even when there were other options. I just didn't believe him because questions I asked and got answers from, his answers contradicted information that I got from other doctors and resources.
I received fertility testing and advice on what to do to achieve pregnancy.
The nursing staff was courteous.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Everything was paid for by my insurance, so I don't know.
none
What specific things went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Ripps is caring, patient, and made sure we had all of the information and all of our questions were answered. He provided an outline of treatment options and let us choose what was right for us... explains everything to you in as much detail as you desire. He’s a skilled surgeon and I had the easiest recovery from my laparoscopic surgery that he performed than all of the prior three abdominal surgeries...He orders blood work for me and a semen analysis for my husband. Both cans back with good results, so he recommended using ovulation meds to get me ovulating on my left side (I only have on tube) each month, but I elected to have him perform a laparoscopic surgery to break up adhesions from prior surgeries. Once the surgery was complete, we completed one medicated ovulation cycle and got pregnant!
They [nurses at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are wonderful - kind, compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. They felt like friends after a few visits...The clinic staff and doctors are great. ...Expect wonderful care and you will receive it! Their strengths are knowledge and a caring compassionate demeanor. The only weakness was I occasionally had to wait more than 30 minutes for my appointment.
Dr. Ripps is knowledgeable and caring. He is patient and explains everything to you in as much detail as you desire. He’s a skilled surgeon and I had the easiest recovery from my laparoscopic surgery that he performed than all of the prior three abdominal surgeries.
Trust him and share all of your questions and concerns.
They are wonderful - kind, compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. They felt like friends after a few visits.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic staff and doctors are great. I cannot say enough good things. Expect wonderful care and you will receive it! Their strengths are knowledge and a caring compassionate demeanor. The only weakness was I occasionally had to wait more than 30 minutes for my appointment.
Coats for bloodwork, HSG, ultrasounds, a laparoscopic procedure and office visits but I don’t know the total cost.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Be prepared for a very science and evidence based practitioner [Dr. Barry Ripps]...We used only letrizole during IUI cycles to prepare as our oral drug. We used Gonal F injectable you help the follicles grow. The results were good and as expected. I had to use more than most people because my egg reserve is low...I did feel like a human. He has good eye contact and was warm during our interactions...He was very good at explaining the procedures to us. He was very thorough and answered questions well. The appointments were quick. I was always very pleased with my interactions.
They [New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are good communicators. They are excellent at billing and willing to look into my questions. They are very busy so they can be booked out far for appointments. They are in need of additional providers for that reason...The staff is the best part of this clinic. They have been supportive and caring from the start. They have helped me and my family through a very tough time with grace and finesse.
He was very evidence based driven. I appreciate the emphasis on the science. He was very good at explaining the procedures to us. He was very thorough and answered questions well. The appointments were quick. I was always very pleased with my interactions.
Be prepared for a very science and evidence based practitioner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are good communicators. They are excellent at billing and willing to look into my questions. They are very busy so they can be booked out far for appointments. They are in need of additional providers for that reason.
Approximately 10,000.00 for an ivf cycle with egg retrieval. This is not including medicine.
No comments
There was only one occasion where we did not get a call back to schedule our IUI. I had to drive up to the clinic. It was quickly scheduled and resolved after I arrived.
Pensacola
Dr Ripps strongly preferred one embryo transfer and explained the reasoning very thoroughly...He was always kind and compassionate...came across very knowledgeable...He was thorough in explaining what he saw in my test cycle, and he seemed confident but not arrogant. I did communicate more with the nurses regarding my care which was different than I expected, but Dr Ripps spoke with us each time we changed to a different method of treatment...We tried femara plus trigger shot without success. Moved to femara, trigger shot and IUI without success. Then injections (follistem) trigger shot and IUI without success. Then we decided on IVF and were successful on our first transfer.
The clinic [New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology- Mobile] was small so I definitely felt known and cared for there. They were extremely accommodating to my work schedule since I was working full time. I loved having the same nurse and tech throughout the process and they truly felt like family by the time we left...we saw Kathileen and Heather (ultrasound tech) every visit. They were very compassionate and we felt like they were cheering us on throughout the entire process.
Dr Ripps came across very knowledgeable and kind. He was thorough in explaining what he saw in my test cycle, and he seemed confident but not arrogant. I did communicate more with the nurses regarding my care which was different than I expected, but Dr Ripps spoke with us each time we changed to a different method of treatment.
Trust the process and don't be afraid to ask for clarification until you feel comfortable with the plan of action.
He was always kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kathileen )
It is a very small clinic in Mobile so we saw Kathileen and Heather (ultrasound tech) every visit. They were very compassionate and we felt like they were cheering us on throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic was small so I definitely felt known and cared for there. They were extremely accommodating to my work schedule since I was working full time. I loved having the same nurse and tech throughout the process and they truly felt like family by the time we left.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Ripps displayed a true interest in me and my situation as a person. I was impressed by the individual care and attention I received... is a passionate and caring physician who is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He took the time to fully explain treatment plans and answer all questions...He has an evidence-based approach to his treatment plan...discusses weight loss and dietary changes. He immediately suggested a variety of vitamins to combat my deficiencies. We used a variety of medications until we found the correct plan for me.
The entire clinical staff [at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] was professional and took a vested interest in me as a person...The costs and pricing were fair and significantly less that other clinics we priced in the area...I was continuously impressed with the professionalism, sincerity, and communication of all New Life employees. Do not be afraid to ask questions. All calls are answered and messages returned promptly.
Dr. Ripps is a passionate and caring physician who is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He took the time to fully explain treatment plans and answer all questions. We could not have been any happier with all of our experiences with Dr. Ripps.
Trust Dr. Ripps. He has an evidence-based approach to his treatment plan and they do work.
Dr. Ripps discusses weight loss and dietary changes. He immediately suggested a variety of vitamins to combat my deficiencies. We used a variety of medications until we found the correct plan for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The entire clinical staff was professional and took a vested interest in me as a person.
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Barry Ripps] needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year...We have done clomid, letrazole, injections, trigger shots, and iui with all of the above. No positive pregnancy test...I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present...Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
[Nurses at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology are] Amazing. You felt like a sister to them. They have went above and beyond for me!...RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it...300 a visit because my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. IuI was 950 a cycle...Old and outdated decor. Needs updating. Dr. Ripps needs to be more patient active. I have never met him and have been in the practice for a year. Great patient services though and a variety of services offered
I've never met dr. Ripps only dr. Delany and she is no longer there. His nurses in panama city help me the most. I think dr. Ripps should be more present. It is a great office over all though. I recommended a friend there and she did get pregnant. So that's a plus.
Listen to them. Follow directions. Communication is key
His Panama city staff made me feel great
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
RX forgot to be called in but was fixed when I called them to fix it
Treated 2017 - 2018
My husband and I both attended the appointment [with Dr. Barry Ripps] to decide the course of treatment. Although ivf was an option it was not presented as the only option. I did not feel he was pushy at all. He is very factual, candid and to the point. He also was able to joke around and laugh with us. I was happy with the treatment plan.... I did IUIs first with femara. Protocol for first egg retrieval was 75mg gonal-f. I did not respond that cycle for egg retrieval and did timed intercourse which was unsuccessful.
You will not see the doctor at every appt here in [New LIFE] Panama City but he does review all charts and changes in treatment plan. There is a slight delay in knowing exactly what is next if there are changes because of this. It's a small office where you get to know all the staff and they know you.... Terri the nurse practitioner for the clinic. She is knowledgeable and compassionate with results. No one wants to hear that their cycle is canceled or that they have a negative pregnancy test. Terri promptly returns phone calls when there are questions.
My husband and I both attended the appointment to decide the course of treatment. Although ivf was an option it was not presented as the only option. I did not feel he was pushy at all. He is very factual, candid and to the point. He also was able to joke around and laugh with us. I was happy with the treatment plan.
I feel like he will give you the best options and if that is ivf, then he would direct you to that immediately.
He was factual and direct with information but also made jokes and laughed with us.
I did IUIs first with femara. Protocol for first egg retrieval was 75mg gonal-f. I did not respond that cycle for egg retrieval and did timed intercourse which was unsuccessful. For second egg retrieval, we used gonal-f, Menopur and one other I can't recall. Egg retrieval was successful with 18 eggs retrieved that produced 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Terri Bishop)
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
You will not see the doctor at every appt here in Panama City but he does review all charts and changes in treatment plan. There is a slight delay in knowing exactly what is next if there are changes because of this. It's a small office where you get to know all the staff and they know you.
My insurance paid for diagnostic testing: hsg, genetic testing, saline us. All costs of the cycles were my responsibility. IUIs were $1200 I think. Egg retrieval was $8700 for all monitoring and procedures. Each transfer will be $2700.
They only transfer one embryo based on age. I am ok with this as I do not desire multiples.
Panama City
[Dr. Barry Ripps] is a good listener. Anytime I had a question he answered it fully to the best of his ability. He was patient and took his time when we met. He got the ball rolling and did not dilly dally around...ordered and checked my husbands seamen analysis. He ordered a repeat after low count, low motility and low morphology were detected. He ran bloodwork on me. -Bloodwork came back that I had low Vitamin D and high prolactin levels. I was told to up my Vitamin D to 800mg and was put on Bromocriptine 2.5mg 1/2 a pill every night.
Full blood workup with ultrasound was around $700...Untrasound and blood test was about $200...Consultations were around $230...Seamen analysis was $85...IUI quote was $1800 [costs at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology]...I would have to say that this clinic tries to keep appointments on time and they get you in and out quickly. I wish that they would have an online portal so I can print out results, pay online, or send an instand message if I have an emergency. It is often difficult to get a hold of a nurse right away. You almost always have to leave a message if you are an established patient.
Barry is a good listener. Anytime I had a question he answered it fully to the best of his ability. He was patient and took his time when we met. He got the ball rolling and did not dilly dally around.
Font be afraid to ask questions. Barry will more than happy to answer.
I was not rushed. He took time to explain the steps we were going to take, he answered questions I had, and went into detail what was going on with mine and my husbands body.
Dr Berry ordered and checked my husbands seamen analysis. He ordered a repeat after low count, low motility and low morphology were detected. He ran bloodwork on me. -Bloodwork came back that I had low Vitamin D and high prolactin levels. I was told to up my Vitamin D to 800mg and was put on Bromocriptine 2.5mg 1/2 a pill every night. - Ran bloodwork again after a month and they upped my Vitamin D to 5000mg. -My prolactin levels are currently where they should be, however I am still on the bromocryptine. I was put on Letrozole for a cycle. During which I had a transvaginal ultrasound done to check lining of my uterus, egg size, and egg quantity during the beginning of my cycle and then again during the middle of my cycle. - Everything came back normal He performed a hysteroscopy -Came back that I did not have any fibroids or cysts. I had a HSG Dye test done -Showing that both my tubes were open. I had a laproscopy done. -(Burned off a tiny spot that could or could not have been endometriosis) My husbands sperm count came back again with low count, low motility, and low morphology. My husband had his hormones tested (TSH, LH, Prolactin, Testosterone) -Was in the normal range. Husband had a scrotal ultrasound performed -Showing good blood flow and no obstructions Husband had Genetic testing done -Came back normal My husband was then referred to an urologist.
The Nursing staff have been super positive and sweet. They are quick and gentle when performing tests. Everyone is down to earth and you can tell they have your best interest at heart.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Full blood workup with ultrasound was around $700 Untrasound and blood test was about $200 Consultations were around $230 Seamen analysis was $85 IUI quote was $1800
- N/A
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Ripps was informative, communicated as if he genuinely cared and had an individualized treatment plan... We used menopur and gonal for our cycle. Dosages were adjusted based on response. We had 7-8 follicles looking like they’d give us eggs. 5 were retrieved and all were mature. By transfer day, we had 2 left.... Dr Ripps was extremely knowledgeable, professional and compassionate. He gave information in a straight forward and honest manner. We never felt rushed or pressured through the process and are so thankful for his expertise and assistance in helping us grow our family!
[New LIFE- Panama City is a] Small office and sometimes running behind but you will never feel rushed! The entire staff is so supportive and helpful! Terri has great experience and Rachel is younger but also fantastic! Tara helps with scheduling and blood work and is so kind and helpful! All of them make you feel at ease and like family! They genuinely want you to be successful! This clinic location is super convenient for where I live and I was able to do monitoring and injection training here. Retrieval and transfer were in Pensacola and that staff was also amazing! I recommend getting a hotel and staying close to the clinic before retrieval, if possible, since it’s a bit of a drive
Ask questions and rest assured that you can be confident Dr Ripps will do his best to help you!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Terri)
Terri was so patient, kind and experienced! She has the perfect combo of professionalism and genuine care for patients successful outcomes. We felt like family! Rachel was another nurse we worked with and she was also amazing! So friendly and professional!
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Ripps] will be there with you every step of the way, but expects you to read and learn from the pamphlets and packets of information provided. Being prepared helps your appointments to be more efficient...We had the option to do a stimulation approach to encourage a higher number of eggs due to lower ovarian reserve, but we chose to do a normal approach to avoid having too many leftover embryos. This worked out perfectly for us. We had exactly what we needed to achieve pregnancy. We used menopur, gonal f, and cetrotide.
[New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology-Panama City] is small which made me nervous at first but it turned out to be nice because it didn’t seem to be as busy as a bigger clinic might be. I had a number of appointments during my treatment cycle so it was nice to have the ease of scheduling a smaller clinic provided so I didn’t miss too much work. No negatives that I recall!...Terri [nurse] was very friendly and treated us like family. She did most of the monitoring appointments and educated us on injections. She also walked us through all of the paperwork for treatment. Her staff included Rachel who was another nurse who helped with our monitoring appointments and Tara was an assistant at who did blood work and helped check us in and schedule appointments.
Dr. Ripps is extremely patient, kind and trustworthy. He has a lot of experience and doesn’t waste time. We felt he was very thorough in testing and this helped us to avoid wasting our time and money on treatments that weren’t going to yield success. He was very encouraging from the start and very welcoming. He explained everything so we could easily understand what lied ahead in our treatment protocol.
Ask questions and listen to the information/instructions provided! He will be there with you every step of the way, but expects you to read and learn from the pamphlets and packets of information provided. Being prepared helps your appointments to be more efficient.
Dr. Ripps was very personable and took time to get to know us. He has a presentation that I’m sure he uses on everyone the first time but then he followed up and educated us on our own situation and with an indivudualized plan for our case.
Terri was very friendly and treated us like family. She did most of the monitoring appointments and educated us on injections. She also walked us through all of the paperwork for treatment. Her staff included Rachel who was another nurse who helped with our monitoring appointments and Tara was an assistant at who did blood work and helped check us in and schedule appointments.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The office (Panama city) is small which made me nervous at first but it turned out to be nice because it didn’t seem to be as busy as a bigger clinic might be. I had a number of appointments during my treatment cycle so it was nice to have the ease of scheduling a smaller clinic provided so I didn’t miss too much work. No negatives that I recall!
When we were educated on the process, it was made clear that a singleton pregnancy is safer and transfer of 1 quality embryo was the goal. We ended up with only 2 embryos at day 5, and 1 was ahead of the other in terms of growth. It was encouraged that we consider transferring both for the best chance of achieving pregnancy. It was explained that both weren’t expected to implant, but we understood the possibility. We had a singleton pregnancy. It seems they typically encourage single embryo transfers, but it is absolutely a case by case basis; we really appreciated this!
Panama City
We met Dr. Ripps in the Tallahassee office for the first time & he was so amazing. I felt like we bonded and he felt very confident that we could get pregnant via IVF with no issues. I informed him of the permanent BC I had placed and that was the only issue as to why we couldn't conceive on our own. He was so informative about the process & encouraged us to do IVF... We started with Birth Control pills for a month to get cyst on my ovaries to go down and that worked like a charm. Next we started our Menopur (150) & Follistim (150) for 10 days with Ganirelix starting on day 8 and then we pulled the trigger on day 11!
Our initial consult with Dr. Ripps & Mrs. Linda [at New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] was around $150. We had different blood test and other things done along with way that all added up to be close to $1500 if I remember correctly. We financed approx. $14000 for the IVF cycle and the medicine...I was incredibly thankful for the organization, patience, bed-side manner & encouragement that the Tallahassee Office provided during this whole process.
Make your appointment now! Don't wait! Every case is so different, due to different fertility issues, but I can assure you that Dr. Ripps & his staff with take the best care of you!
Every time we entered the Tallahassee office we were always greeted by our first name. Mrs. Linda & Mrs. DeAnna were always so caring and made us feel right at home. I am SO thankful for the excellent care that we have received from the Tallahassee office.
We immediately started Pre-Natal vitamins. We started with Birth Control pills for a month to get cyst on my ovaries to go down and that worked like a charm. Next we started our Menopur (150) & Follistim (150) for 10 days with Ganirelix starting on day 8 and then we pulled the trigger on day 11! We had our ER in Pensacola on Sat. April 7th at 6:30 AM and transfer was on Thursday, April 12. We had a Blood test on Wednesday, April 18th and it was positive and numbers tripled on Friday, April 20th. We are SO thankful for Dr. Ripps & his staff for such amazing care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: DeAnna)
I was referred to NewLife by my OB office in Thomasville, Georgia. We used the Tallahassee office for our visits & we couldn't have been more pleased. Mrs. DeAnna & Mrs. Linda made us feel just like family and that we belonged there! I was so thankful for the bond we created & they have both been so amazing & encouraging throughout our journey! If you are in the South Georgia/North Florida area and are looking for a fertility clinic, I HIGHLY recommend NewLife!
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
I was incredibly thankful for the organization, patience, bed-side manner & encouragement that the Tallahassee Office provided during this whole process. I would HIGHLY recommend NewLife to anyone trying to conceive. Mrs. DeAnna and Mrs. Linda treated us with the best care and were always super helpful with any questions/concerns that we had.
Our initial consult with Dr. Ripps & Mrs. Linda was around $150. We had different blood test and other things done along with way that all added up to be close to $1500 if I remember correctly. We financed approx. $14000 for the IVF cycle and the medicine.
Tallahassee
We are facing low motility count on S.A.. that's the only factor we face at this time. Total sperm count is good. Just the motility a little slow. So, we have not technically tried fertility meds, etc under our fertility doc Dr.Ripps. ... Dr.Ripps broke down everything detail by detail and gave us all options to choose from. We never felt we were pressured into doing one treatment or the other.
They [New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology] have treated my husband and I like family since day one. There were a lot of nerves in the beginning just going into the unknown, but through months of workup and diagnostic testing they have absolutely been by our side and have given us so much hope! ... The clinic is very professional, always call back if you have to leave a message. Very relaxed environment, staff makes you feel right at home. ... Their compassion toward infertility is so evident!
Dr.Ripps broke down everything detail by detail and gave us all options to choose from. We never felt we were pressured into doing one treatment or the other. Some fertility clinics will push IVF immediately just because it makes them the most money, however, not this clinic. Dr.Ripps and his staff are truly in this business because of their compassion and fight to give hope to the ones battling infertility. It is very evident to see this during each visit.
Don't worry or be anxious, they will ease your worries and stay by your side through every step and every question you may have along the way.
They have treated my husband and I like family since day one. There were a lot of nerves in the beginning just going into the unknown, but through months of workup and diagnostic testing they have absolutely been by our side and have given us so much hope!
We are in the middlemof choosing the best treatment for us. We are candidates for all treatments, IUI and IVF. At this time we are praying to see what will be the best choice for us. We are looking at our financial approach to it all as well. Praying and seeking the best journey for us. We have had 7 mo the of Clomid cycles in the past (before ever knowing dr.ripps) under the care of my gyn and husband urology. He took Clomid as well. Turns out, after meeting with Dr.Ripps I never needed the Clomid, gyn only prescribed it because we were desperate. Dr.Ripps says I have plenty of eggs to work with without any fertility meds. We are facing low motility count on S.A.. that's the only factor we face at this time. Total sperm count is good. Just the motility a little slow. So, we have not technically tried fertility meds, etc under our fertility doc Dr.Ripps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
Very professional and understanding. They are always willing to explain what is going on in detail.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The clinic is very professional, always call back if you have to leave a message. Very relaxed environment, staff makes you feel right at home. I would tell any new patient seeing this clinic to be prepared to loved through your entire journey. Their compassion toward infertility is so evident!
We have paid for ultrasounds and labwork so far, most of this preliminary has been covered mostly by Insurance. Not sure on specifics, but all copays and costs have been about $600 Total. This does not include IUI or IVF, we have not yet decided which one we will choose.
Dothan
He [Dr. Ripps] took time with me and explained things that were difficult in a delicate manner. I did not feel rushed...Make sure to read all the handouts because he expects you to have read them....I know they did blood work and did a vaginal ultrasound and some other tests to determine if there were or would be any problems with pregnancy. I found out I have low ovarian reserve... I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment.
They [New LIFE] are easy to get a hold of on the phone and are pretty good about returning calls and providing information quickly. They make you feel welcomed. I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment...I have worked mostly with Terrry. She was honest and open, personable, and really sweet.
I have only met with him once so far. I am about to start the actual process so I am sure I will see him more now. I am waiting for a schedule to be emailed to me so that I will know when to start the fertility medications.
Make sure to read all the handouts because he expects you to have read them.
He took time with me and explained things that were difficult in a delicate manner. I did not feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Terry )
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are easy to get a hold of on the phone and are pretty good about returning calls and providing information quickly. They make you feel welcomed. I would like to see the doctor more often but I think I will now that the initial screenings and tests are done and we have a plan to move forward with treatment.
So far about $300 but again I have not started the cycle yet. I plan to do the March IVF cycle and was told the cost would be around 17k with medications and all.
They seem to be for just one embryo transfer at a time but I plan on doing the genetic screening to determine the embryos that would be the best to use. Multiple embryos could led to multiple births which has a lot of extra risks involved.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Ripps was a great doctor and was very informative every step of the way. We appreciated his help, knowledge and expertise throughout the entire process. There were times that we did not see him in appointments; however, there was always another professional to help with questions that we had. Although we were with the clinic for a little over two years before a positive result, he did everything he could to get us to that outcome, and we are so appreciative.
The staff at New Leaders in Fertility is AMAZING - I do not have have better things to say about my nursing team. They were with me every step of the way - through the bad times and the good ones. I honestly don't know what we would have done without them during this process... The clinic is truly a great clinic. Insurance coverage can be an issue, but that is standard with fertility related issues. Other than that, they were always welcoming, very helpful when I had questions, and incredibly organized when it comes to scheduling.
Be patient.
We started off with lots of testing. Then we moved on to oral and injectable drugs for about 8 Ovulation Induction cycles. After that, we moved to IVF treatment. One cycle was cancelled because my body did not respond to medication; however, Dr. Ripps adjusted the medication and the second round of IVF was successful.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I had intravenous drugs to stimulate my ovaries, with attempts at natural conception which did not work. After doing more in depth investigation [with Dr. Barry Ripps] of my husband's sperm we realized that male infertility was the problem. I went through IVF and had 11 embryos formed. We transferred one with a chemical pregnancy, one with a negative pregnancy, and two which are currently at 7 weeks.
The staff at the clinic [New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are wonderful, and the facility is clean and inviting. I don't think that anything needs to change at all. I feel comfortable every time that I am here. I think everything was handled correctly at all times...The nurses were incredibly helpful. They always returned calls, knew my name immediately, and worked with me at all times. I felt that I could trust them.
I felt that the doctors were incredibly compassionate and helpful. They called to check in, and answered all questions I had. I felt they were rooting for me at all times. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone else and feel that they did a lot for my husband and me.
Follow the instructions and trust the process.
I was treated kindly at all times. Even when I had "stupid" questions, I never felt that I was wasting anyone's time.
I had intravenous drugs to stimulate my ovaries, with attempts at natural conception which did not work. After doing more in depth investigation of my husband's sperm we realized that male infertility was the problem. I went through IVF and had 11 embryos formed. We transferred one with a chemical pregnancy, one with a negative pregnancy, and two which are currently at 7 weeks.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
The staff at the clinic are wonderful, and the facility is clean and inviting. I don't think that anything needs to change at all. I feel comfortable every time that I am here. I think everything was handled correctly at all times.
There were extensive costs involved, but we were prepared to pay them.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Ripps was thorough with our game plan from the beginning. He kept our hope high and we thank him for that and for all the after hour phone calls . Communication was always clear and proactive . We always had a back up plan and for those cycles that did get cancelled he made us understand why and what we would do next time to prevent it .... We started out with a lose dose of stims but that cycle did get cancelled . The next time we upped the dosage but a very rare event happened and i didn’t respond to the trigger shot . 3rd time was perfect dosage !
They [New Leaders in Fertility and Endocrinology] are great from start to finish . Easy to fill out beginner paperwork and they are very kind when it comes to payment . Everyone from the front desk to the nurses are all kind and compassionate. I actually looked forward to going to the office . They make you feel welcomed each and every time you come in... Dr. ripps was in contact with me throughout treatment on the good and bad days . He would make phone calls after hours to explain what part of the process was working and what needed to be changed .
Don’t give up . Keep going !
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
She’s the best ! Great communicator , always reassuring and you felt like she was really on your team !
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
They are great from start to finish . Easy to fill out beginner paperwork and they are very kind when it comes to payment . Everyone from the front desk to the nurses are all kind and compassionate. I actually looked forward to going to the office . They make you feel welcomed each and every time you come in .
Treated 2017 - 2018
As previously mentioned, Dr. Ripps was very accommodating to my personal needs of wanting to know every and all details of the process. He explained things exactly as I hoped. His staff is absolutely wonderful and caring. Top notch team.... I have DOR. We tried several medicated cycles with IUI then moved on to a laparoscopy. After that I got pregnant naturally in three months.
All has been great. The facility [New LIFE-Pensacola] is very warm, welcoming, and clean. They always were able to make appointments that worked with my schedule. Everything seems very well organized. Staff is top notch....All of the staff is wonderful. Kelly and Christie both were extremely attentive and compassionate... their fees are much more reasonable than competitors.
Let him know your needs right away and personal preferences from the start.
Dr. Ripps understood that I like as much information as possible and happily obliged.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Christie)
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
All has been great. The facility is very warm, welcoming, and clean. They always were able to make appointments that worked with my schedule. Everything seems very well organized. Staff is top notch.
This is no fault of the clinic but for me, Dr. Ripps was out of network so all was out of pocket. However, their fees are much more reasonable than competitors.
He suggested that we transfer two embryos since I have DOR. He let me know the potential health effects of it.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I have not actually seen Dr. Ripps yet. I have only seen the nurse practitioner who was amazing! She explained everything in detail, and knew who I was the moment I walked in. If i had any questions she answered them and if she didn't know she got back to me in a timely manner. She treated my family as if we were part of her own family...You will hardly see him but the other staff us amazing.
It takes a little while for them [staff at New Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology] to call you back for your initial visit but they will and don't give up on them! Tell them everything! If you are tired of doing iuis then tell them, they listen to everything you want...We did an IUI with the help of medicine. I was on birth control, letrozole, gonal f, and hcg trigger shot...Hannah [nurse] was absolutely great! I can not say enough great things about her. When I was nervous she was there to calm me down, or when I got excited she was there to get excited with me. She never let me think negative.
You will hardly see him but the other staff us amazing.
They listened to how I felt, and took into consideration what I had been through already.
Hannah was absolutely great! I can not say enough great things about her. When I was nervous she was there to calm me down, or when I got excited she was there to get excited with me. She never let me think negative.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
It takes a little while for them to call you back for your initial visit but they will and don't give up on them! Tell them everything! If you are tired of doing iuis then tell them, they listen to everything you want.
Iui with insurance costs around 350 not including meds
I think it should be up to the patient. If they understand the risk and still want to proceed than that should be allowed.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Ripps is direct to the point and does not sugar-coat his words, which I like, but some people may find him blunt. He is knowledgeable and experienced. The work-ups he recommended were extensive and thorough. He takes his time to explain and answers your questions or concerns... he will let you know whether to transfer one vs multiple embryos, depending on the quality; but ultimately, the final decision will be from the coup
The staff at Dr Ripps' clinic were friendly, accommodating and patient. The facility/clinic is well-kept and clean. Weakness: the bill you will receive is going to be confusing. Please call the office make sure that understand every little details... Nurse Michelle is very helpful and patient with all my question
He is direct to the point and he will inform you what your diagnosis and treatment plan
Dr Ripps is direct to the point; he does not sugar coat the diagnosis
I do not recall this now
Michelle is very helpful and patient with all my questions
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
Definitely expensive since everything is out of pocket. None of the tests/treatment were covered by insurance
he will let you know whether to transfer one vs multiple embryos, depending on the quality; but ultimately, the final decision will be from the couple
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Ripps did a great job explaining the process to us, and what he felt our best options were for a successful pregnancy....Dr. Ripps took time in appointments to get to know my husband and I. He made small talk and we both felt very comfortable with him before we even jumped into the medical explanations....As we were dealing with Male Factor, the protocol combined two injections for egg growth and one injection to help even out follicle growth. We underwent egg retrieval and a fresh five day transfer.
This clinic [New LIFE] is small but personable. They know me and my husband by name and don't have to refer to a medical chart to remember us or our protocol. At our first appointment, we were given a price list up front and procedures were explained in detail....During our IVF cycle, we had to travel to the Pensacola office for both the egg retrieval and transfer. Both of the staff at the Tallahassee office traveled there and were with us during the entire process.
Dr. Ripps did a great job explaining the process to us, and what he felt our best options were for a successful pregnancy. We appreciated his candidness and willingness to listen to our hesitations and concerns. For a doctor, he was quick to listen and given the difficult circumstances that infertility provides, knowing that our doctor would listen to our concerns was important.
He does have an unexpected, quirky sense of humor- which is appreciated (by us, anyway!) once understood!
Dr. Ripps took time in appointments to get to know my husband and I. He made small talk and we both felt very comfortable with him before we even jumped into the medical explanations. When our IVF cycle failed, the first thing he said to me in the appointment afterwards was a kind, genuine apology that we were not successful. This was huge, and I felt that he saw me as a human experiencing sadness over a failed cycle as opposed to just another patient to deal with.
As we were dealing with Male Factor, the protocol combined two injections for egg growth and one injection to help even out follicle growth. We underwent egg retrieval and a fresh five day transfer. We were not successful this time, but have already received our protocol for our second cycle. We will be increasing some of the injections to hopefully increase egg supply, and undergoing the TESE procedure for sperm retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Where to begin.... Deanna and Linda at the Tallahassee office were always quick to listen, explain, and walk me through injections (especially the first couple of days, I had lots of questions!) They gave me their cell phone numbers during our treatment and encouraged me to call with any questions or concerns. These ladies made infertility treatment much less intimidating. They were always prepared with calendars for medications and specific instructions for appointments or injections. I cannot rave enough about this office staff.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
This clinic is small but personable. They know me and my husband by name and don't have to refer to a medical chart to remember us or our protocol. At our first appointment, we were given a price list up front and procedures were explained in detail. I left the office relieved that I had a list to help me keep all of our appointments and procedures straight. During our IVF cycle, we had to travel to the Pensacola office for both the egg retrieval and transfer. Both of the staff at the Tallahassee office traveled there and were with us during the entire process. My nurse, Deanna, was even in the room during my egg retrieval. That made the process feel much more comfortable, to see a familiar face. And finally, when we found out our IVF cycle was not successful, we were met with compassion and encouragement from the entire staff. They were quick to express their disappointment for us, but their hope that we would get our sweet baby soon!
IVF cycle- $8,500. This did not include the ordered medications. All initial appointments and procedures were not included in this, and were usually a minimum of $85 and went up depending on what tests were being done or what procedures were done.
We only had one to transfer, but for our specific case, and given our ages (both in our 20s) he did not want us to consider anything other than a single embryo transfer, as it simply carries fewer complications in pregnancy.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Ripps is confident and knowledgeable though can sometimes seem dismissive, but he isn't! "Dry" is a good way of describing him ... I would say he's conservative in his approach which can work great for some people. ... We are dealing with severe male factory infertility. ... We used TESA retrieved sperm for our second IVF cycle. ...I needed answers and explanations for everything (whether it was a why or a why not) but he isn't much for entertaining those and he's pretty blunt.
NEW LIFE does not treat patients with known donor sperm/eggs so we have switched to a clinic that does. ... Each person is warm and caring and very knowledgeable! When I was buying medications, which was totally over whelming, Deanna (main nurse for Tallahassee) was way more willing to help than I expected. She communicated via email and phone, and even gave me her cell for questions and concerns after egg retrieval. Head nurse Linda goes over IVF paperwork and details with you and is just wonderful!
Dr. Ripps is confident and knowledgeable though can sometimes seem dismissive, but he isn't! "Dry" is a good way of describing him, and that's fine, but he clearly cares and we never felt rushed or not cared for. Our first cycle failed due to poor fertilization. I found that you just have to keep asking Dr. Ripps questions, come prepared and advocate for yourself. He is hesitant to try new techniques, test etc. I would say he's conservative in his approach which can work great for some people.
Be prepared with questions because Dr. Ripps likes to get straight to the point without using much filler. I needed answers and explanations for everything (whether it was a why or a why not) but he isn't much for entertaining those and he's pretty blunt. That's ok, just be prepared! You also meet with Head Nurse Linda who is all about the details and can fill that void if you need it.
The nurses and staff at New Life (I've had an experience in the Tallahassee, Pensacola and Panama City offices) are kind, warm and encouraging. Head nurse Linda Fricke is extremely thorough and honest, ready to answer all and any question she can. They all know me when I call the office. Dr. Ripps is a little hard to get a vibe from at first but he's very calm and caring. It is a smaller clinic which helps facilitate a good feeling .
We are dealing with severe male factory infertility. My husband was put on clomid (3 different doctors agree), we added supplements and continued to eat well as we already do. Between two doctors, all his panels were run and show no known genetic issues (though male factor science is lacking), and other tests are good too. For me, I was a super straight forward very easy case for egg retrieval. I stemmed for 7 days and they retrieved 12 eggs (10 mature) which is a great number! In the end, we had zero blasts due to poor fertilization. We used TESA retrieved sperm for our second IVF cycle. 15 eggs were retrieved and we ended with 2 blasts. Neither resulted in a pregnancy. We are moving on to known donor sperm IUIs with another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Deanna )
The nursing staff is wonderful. Each person is warm and caring and very knowledgeable! When I was buying medications, which was totally over whelming, Deanna (main nurse for Tallahassee) was way more willing to help than I expected. She communicated via email and phone, and even gave me her cell for questions and concerns after egg retrieval. Head nurse Linda goes over IVF paperwork and details with you and is just wonderful!
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
New Leaders in fertility are extremely organized and caring. It does take a while to see Dr. Ripps, which can feel like forever when you are in the beginning of such a crazy journey, but I understand since they have branches throughout the Florida panhandle. The nurses and staff are also highly knowledgeable. I wish I could back up my evaluation with a success story but we didn't have any luck with IVF and are moving on to a donor. NEW LIFE does not treat patients with known donor sperm/eggs so we have switched to a clinic that does.
Appointments are not covered by insurance in Florida. Each visit is a little over $100. Semen analysis are around $70. Our first IVF round which included ICSI, a frozen semen sample and freezing for left over embryos (might be forgetting something) was $10,500. Medications were around $3000.00 or so. We didn't do a transfer or have embryos to freeze so we were refunded close to $1000.00. Our second IVF was a little less though (med prices were also a little less) we had two transfers which total around $3000.00 each with meds and such. Though these prices always change a bit.
Dr. Ripps discourages transferring more than one embryo in most circumstances.
In dealing with Male Factor Infertility, my husband submits frequent semen samples. We didn't receive the results for one once but it didn't hinder any treatment. It was more for our own curiosity and we could also just call and ask for it. Really no big deal.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Ripps is very kind and considerate. At each visit, he spent a great amount of time explaining things and we never felt rushed. He has helped us out tremendously and would definitely recommend him to anyone in the future...We were treated with much compassion. They take as much time as we need to explain everything making sure we understood and never felt rushed...I would recommend doing your own research before your appointment in order to have a better understanding for when you do meet with him
I would say they're [New LIFE - Mobile] strengths are making you feel like a priority. They spend as much time as possible with you and never make you feel like a "number."... [Nurse] Kathileen is absolutely amazing. I can not say enough positive things about her. But, she is very compassionate and patient with any questions you may have....The cost is quite competitive. He definitely doesn't charge an outrageous amount....We were treated with much compassion. They take as much time as we need to explain everything making sure we understood and never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology).
I would say they're strengths are making you feel like a priority. They spend as much time as possible with you and never make you feel like a "number."
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Barry Ripps] was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.... I would be put on birth control (because I do not have a regular cycle on my own) and then take femera for ovulation and then use trigger shots. I did this in our timed conception trials and also for our iui cycle
One thing I love about this office [New LIFE] (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.... His staff is one of the best. They are so personable and really get to know you. Every time I go, they ask be about other details of your life because they truly remember.... I would be put on birth control (because I do not have a regular cycle on my own) and then take femera for ovulation and then use trigger shots. I did this in our timed conception trials and also for our iui cycle
He was a very personable person. I have also seen his partner Meghan Delaney and she is just as good as Dr. Ripps. They both have been very involved in the treatment. They treat me like a human rather than a number on a list.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NewLIFE (Leaders in Fertility & Endocrinology). (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
One thing I love about this office (Mobile) is the small staff. This allows the staff to spend time with you and get to know you. Both my nurse and the sonographers have been fantastic.
$700