Medical SchoolNew York Med Col
Tuckahoe
115 Main Street
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-793-2990
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barry Witt to a friend?

7.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center to a friend?
We decided we would try a couple of IUIs and if they didn't work we would consider IVF. Even after the third IUI was unsuccessful Dr. Witt let us try one more. He knew I was scared to do IVF and didn't try to push me towards it, instead, he let me come to that decision when I felt mentally ready for it. At every single appointment he made me feel totally at ease and calmed my nerves... Clomid did not work for me at our previous clinic so we did Letrozole instead
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Coming from my previous clinic I felt so defeated...the doctor at the previous clinic told me I had endometriosis tried to push me to do exploratory surgery and after I decided not to he tells me that it's a good decision because it could cause more harm then good...needless to say after a failed IUI I left that clinic and found Dr. Witt. From the first day that I met him, we sat down talked about my medical history, what treatments we had done so far, etc. We came up with a game plan. He did not recommend surgery, I had none of the symptoms associated with endometriosis. We decided we would try a couple of IUIs and if they didn't work we would consider IVF. Even after the third IUI was unsuccessful Dr. Witt let us try one more. He knew I was scared to do IVF and didn't try to push me towards it, instead, he let me come to that decision when I felt mentally ready for it. At every single appointment he made me feel totally at ease and calmed my nerves, I would get calls from the nurses after every appointment with my blood work results and instructions, that was huge! After 3 years of trying, 5 failed IUIs and 1 IVF cycle we are expecting our baby girl thanks to Dr. Witt :).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Have your medical records sent to the office ASAP once you've made an appointment...that way they can review everything before you go in. Also, ask questions, he doesn't mind answering like other doctors.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
You walk into Dr. Witt's office and everyone knows your name from the second you open the door. Everyone is so warm and caring throughout the difficult IVF process. They ask how you're doing, they stop to listen, that's not something you get at most Dr.'s.
Describe the protocols Barry Witt used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Clomid did not work for me at our previous clinic so we did Letrozole instead. For the IUIs we did 5mg of Letrozole for 5 days, blood work and ultrasounds every two days and trigger shot when the follicles were ready. For IVF we did estrogen patch for 1 week, Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotride for 20 days (my body was taking it's time), after our retrieval, we started PIO shots every night until about week 8.
The nurses are so sweet...love them! They always leave me a detailed message with instructions if I don't pick up the phone. Their positive, upbeat attitude is such a warm welcome.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Strength: Friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, very flexible cycling hours, assistance with finances, they deal with all your insurance stuff ahead of treatment, clean office. Weaknesses: Can't think of one.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
A well oiled machine. Monitoring was done from 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM...as long as you were there before 9:30 you would be in within a few minutes, even if you failed to set up an appointment. Very convenient with 9-5 work schedules.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Typical of IVF costs...luckily our insurance covered most of it.
Tuckahoe

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.

Dr. Witt is extremely competent and direct, he is not the touchy / feely type but he is compassionate nonetheless. If you prefer a more touchy / feely approach, other doctors in his practice may fit that personality trait better, but I always felt comfortable with and confident in Dr. Witt's abilities and communication style...We did three rounds of freeze all with PGD and PGS and one transfer...We did a single embryo transfer and Dr. Witt fully explained the rationale and my husband and I agreed.
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Witt is extremely competent and professional. He sticks to the facts and is very direct in his communication style. I think anyone going through these treatments needs to be realistic in their expectations and it is easy to blame the doctor when things do not go as expected but ultimately, all of our bodies are different and we react differently to treatments. Dr. Witt is not the touchy/feely type so if that is what you are looking for, he may not be for you but I truly felt comfortable with him and his level of professionalism and competence.
I never felt like a number. Dr. Witt always had an individualized and tailored approach to my care and I felt he was always speaking to me and my specific needs and situation.
We did three rounds of freeze all with PGD and PGS and one transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Amazing nursing staff! Such warmth, understanding and caring from all of them - truly an asset to the group.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The warmth of the team at the clinic and their approach to treating every patient as a human and understanding the challenges is truly remarkable. So many strengths to list...it is truly a great environment. Some areas of improvement are probably on the organizational side at times, but very minor. The Greenwich team members have been better consistently than team members from sister offices.
About $13,000 for each retrieval + drugs (separate) and PGD/PGS (separate) About $3,000 for transfer
Describe Barry Witt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.

2012 - 2013
Dr. Witt had a very neutral, almost dispassionate, approach to my care. Whenever I met with him, he was very clinical and blunt about the odds of successful pregnancy. I did not feel confident that he was really recommending the best course of treatment or attempting to narrow down my specific infertility problems in order to address them...It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Do your research ahead of time and go in to every appointment with a list of questions. Don't be afraid to question what the doctor is recommending and make suggestions for more testing or a different course of treatment.
I felt as though the nursing staff was very caring, however the doctor was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
First cycle was clomid only. Ultrasound showed two good follicles and we were instructed on appropriate timing of intercourse. Second cycle was clomid and IUI with trigger shot. Follicle development was good again. Third and fourth cycles were with Follistim injections plus trigger shot. On third cycle, IUI was cancelled due to too many mature follicles (high risk for multiples). On fourth cycle, IUI was completed. All cycles were unsuccessful. We were then told that our best chance for pregnancy was IVF, but that was still only about a 10% likelihood of success each cycle.
Nursing staff was very warm and competent. Pros at doing blood draws, even with my tiny, difficult veins. Waiting for afternoon results was a bit anxiety provoking because they always called right before close of business and then if a medication change had to be made it could be difficult to get the mail order pharmacy on the phone.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Strengths were scheduling--they definitely made an effort to get you in at the appropriate time, and had convenient early morning hours to not interfere with work. They do not have a "no children in the waiting room" policy, so you will sometimes encounter couples trying for their second or third that bring in a toddler. That can be upsetting if you are coming in for a follow-up after a negative cycle. One major weakness is the insurance/billing department. They always had trouble coordinating with my insurance to get prior authorizations, even when told well in advance that I would need authorization for medications. We were also still receiving bills for procedures a year after stopping treatments because they were slow to bill insurance.
We only did procedures covered by insurance, so costs were fairly minimal. We spent about $1500 total in the first year, when we had an insurance deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Greenwich
Dr. Witt was well informed and very candid which I appreciated. But I didn't feel he was the best to deal with a more challenging situation like mine. I was looking for a little more aggressive approach. He didn't give me much hope and was very numbers/stats focused....He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise and what types of cases he typically treats.
Antagonist stimulation protocol. 150 Menopur and 150 Follistim. 2 follicles only, cancelled IVF cycle and did IUI. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Organized, detailed and caring. And reachable which is important to mention and can be difficult at some of the larger clinics. One nurse went above and beyond and allowed me to come in so she could do my trigger shot since I messed up the timing a bit and totally panicked. Love her for that!
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Nice offices and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic.
I never completed a retrieval with Dr. Witt but the costs were very fair, if not less than what I've seen in NYC. He also accepts a few insurance plans if you're lucky enough to have coverage.

2004 - 2010
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Witt was amazing. I felt comfortable and safe with him. He was always available, ALWAYS. He came in on a Sunday to perform a sonogram after I had pains when he easily could have waited till Monday. I appreciate everything he did for me and I have two beautiful children because of him.
2004 - 2010
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Meet him and you will choose him as your Doctor.
Dr Witt and his team was compassionate and you felt like you were his only patient.
I do not remember the overall strategy used for my infertility. It was general enough to be very similar to other women I was speaking with who were going through the same treatments with other doctors.
The nursing staff were always compassionate and willing to listen as well. I felt they were my friends.
I do not remember the specific costs. My egg retrievals were covered by insurance. The donor retrievals were not.