9.8

115 Main Street
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-793-2990

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr. Witt had a very neutral, almost dispassionate, approach to my care. Whenever I met with him, he was very clinical and blunt about the odds of successful pregnancy. I did not feel confident that he was really recommending the best course of treatment or attempting to narrow down my specific infertility problems in order to address them...It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
I felt as though the nursing staff [at Greenwich Fertility] was very caring, however the doctor [Dr Witt] was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success...Strengths were scheduling--they definitely made an effort to get you in at the appropriate time, and had convenient early morning hours to not interfere with work. They do not have a "no children in the waiting room" policy, so you will sometimes encounter couples trying for their second or third that bring in a toddler. That can be upsetting if you are coming in for a follow-up after a negative cycle. One major weakness is the insurance/billing department. They always had trouble coordinating with my insurance to get prior authorizations, even when told well in advance that I would need authorization for medications. We were also still receiving bills for procedures a year after stopping treatments because they were slow to bill insurance.
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Do your research ahead of time and go in to every appointment with a list of questions. Don't be afraid to question what the doctor is recommending and make suggestions for more testing or a different course of treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
I felt as though the nursing staff was very caring, however the doctor was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
Describe the protocols Barry Witt used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
First cycle was clomid only. Ultrasound showed two good follicles and we were instructed on appropriate timing of intercourse. Second cycle was clomid and IUI with trigger shot. Follicle development was good again. Third and fourth cycles were with Follistim injections plus trigger shot. On third cycle, IUI was cancelled due to too many mature follicles (high risk for multiples). On fourth cycle, IUI was completed. All cycles were unsuccessful. We were then told that our best chance for pregnancy was IVF, but that was still only about a 10% likelihood of success each cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Nursing staff was very warm and competent. Pros at doing blood draws, even with my tiny, difficult veins. Waiting for afternoon results was a bit anxiety provoking because they always called right before close of business and then if a medication change had to be made it could be difficult to get the mail order pharmacy on the phone.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
We only did procedures covered by insurance, so costs were fairly minimal. We spent about $1500 total in the first year, when we had an insurance deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
I had a lot of trouble dealing with the insurance department in getting prior authorization for medication. They seemed to have a blase attitude to the process, but these are expensive drugs and I was not in a position to pay out of pocket. They did fail to call with results a few times, but I was careful to watch the clock and call them before closing.
Barry Witt
Greenwich

Dr. Witt was well informed and very candid which I appreciated. But I didn't feel he was the best to deal with a more challenging situation like mine. I was looking for a little more aggressive approach. He didn't give me much hope and was very numbers/stats focused....He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise
Nice offices [Greenwich Fert ] and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic...Organized, detailed and caring. And reachable which is important to mention and can be difficult at some of the larger clinics. One nurse went above and beyond and allowed me to come in so she could do my trigger shot since I messed up the timing a bit and totally panicked. Love her for that!
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise and what types of cases he typically treats.
Antagonist stimulation protocol. 150 Menopur and 150 Follistim. 2 follicles only, cancelled IVF cycle and did IUI. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Nice offices and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic.
I never completed a retrieval with Dr. Witt but the costs were very fair, if not less than what I've seen in NYC. He also accepts a few insurance plans if you're lucky enough to have coverage.
Barry Witt