3.8

U of CT

Bat-Sheva Maslow works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

I met with [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] when I first was thinking about starting the process and she was very clear about what I should expect and answered all my questions, she also called in a few days after my retrieval to check in and answer any other questions, which really made me feel like I was in great, caring hands...It was nice to start and end with Dr. Maslow, because of the familiarity. Also, she was very clear about expectations and had no problem answering all of my questions...
The staff at Extend Fertility as a whole was amazing. Everyone was so caring and had no problem answering questions...Lovely and caring staff. Good communication. Clean and organized facility. The nurses did a great job with communicating next steps and answering follow up questions. During treatment for egg retrieval it is a lot monitoring and blood work, but Extend Fertility was efficient, so that even when I had to go to work afterwards, it was a huge stress. I only wish that they had an Extend Fertility also in Brooklyn...I saw Dr. Guarnaccia and Dr. Maslow. Dr. Guarnaccia preformed my medical scan as well as my retrieval and Dr. Maslow met with me for my final follow up.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia is amazing. He performed my medical exam as well as my egg retrieval. He was so professional, but personable. I felt very comfortable asking questions and he was very clear with expectations. I truly felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Guarnaccia and I was. After the retrieval, I had almost no pain and the procedure went very smooth. I would highly recommend Dr. Guarnaccia to anyone considering egg retrieval. Dr. Maslow was great. I met with Dr. Maslow for my initial consultation and she reached out to follow up a few days after my procedure. It was nice to start and end with Dr. Maslow, because of the familiarity. Also, she was very clear about expectations and had no problem answering all of my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Maslow to anyone considering egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Feel comfortable asking questions, because they both do a wonderful job making the patient feel comfortable and outlining clear expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
During my visits to Extend Fertility I saw Dr. Guarnaccia and Dr. Maslow. Dr. Guarnaccia preformed my medical scan as well as my retrieval and Dr. Maslow met with me for my final follow up. The process went very seamless and I had all of my questions answered. Dr.Guarnaccia is wonderful. I felt very comfortable under his care, especially for the actual egg retrieval. Following my procedure, I had no pain and the aftercare plan was very well communicated. I met with Dr. Maslow when I first was thinking about starting the process and she was very clear about what I should expect and answered all my questions, she also called in a few days after my retrieval to check in and answer any other questions, which really made me feel like I was in great, caring hands. I would highly recommend both doctors!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Molly Spilka, Tamar Tenenbaum)
The staff at Extend Fertility as a whole was amazing. Everyone was so caring and had no problem answering questions. The communication was great during my procedure which made me feel so much more comfortable. Tamar my fertility advisor is amazing. She made me feel much more at ease each step, because she answered all of my questions and was very caring. Molly the nurse I worked with is also amazing. She clearly and thoroughly showed me how to mix and administer my medication. She took her time in explaining and answering any questions. If it was not for her, I do not think I would have been as comfortable administering my medication.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend Fertility Strengths: Lovely and caring staff. Good communication. Clean and organized facility. The nurses did a great job with communicating next steps and answering follow up questions. During treatment for egg retrieval it is a lot monitoring and blood work, but Extend Fertility was efficient, so that even when I had to go to work afterwards, it was a huge stress. I only wish that they had an Extend Fertility also in Brooklyn.

2018 - 2019, 49 Eggs Frozen
I had a short agonist protocol which was closely monitored and had frequent dose adaptions [by Dr. Maslow] and an lupron trigger. The retrieval date was determined based on the monitoring. She did everything to ensure a good numebr and quality of eggs and the results with her were excellent and a lot better than in my previous treatments. She was able to retrieve a large number of eggs, almost all of them were mature.
Cara [nurse at Extend Fertility] was very helpful and well organized. She was always up to date with what was going on with my case and she took care of all issue...[Monitoring appointments are] Very well organized, quick and efficient. Staff is well trained and very kind and respectful... the set up is designed to improve the results. The monitoring is not just for safety but to optimize for the chances of a good outcome. They usually don't schedule the cycle but start based on the natural cycle which improves chances, also the retrieval date is based on the monitoring and therefore flexible, this increases the chance for an optimal result.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
She answered all of my questions, I asked about many issues concerning my case as well as research and upcoming treatments. She was very understanding, knowledgeable and accommodating. I felt very safe with her regarding my treatment and that she did everything to improve my outcome.
Ask all questions you have and let her know your wishes, she solved a lot of issues that I thought could not be changed.
She was very warm and understanding, I felt like she cared a lot about me and my outcome. I felt like I can trust her and she found the best treatment for me while answering my questions.
Describe the protocols Bat-Sheva Maslow used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a short agonist protocol which was closely monitored and had frequent dose adaptions and an lupron trigger. The retrieval date was determined based on the monitoring. She did everything to ensure a good numebr and quality of eggs and the results with her were excellent and a lot better than in my previous treatments. She was able to retrieve a large number of eggs, almost all of them were mature. On my request the MIs were also frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cara)
Cara was very helpful and well organized. She was always up to date with what was going on with my case and she took care of all issue. I often had special requests which she took care of very competently. I felt like I can depend on her. At one point I was traveling and needed help urgently, I emailed her about the issue, she called me within seconds and solved my problem right away.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is very well organized and the set up is designed to improve the results. The monitoring is not just for safety but to optimize for the chances of a good outcome. They usually don't schedule the cycle but start based on the natural cycle which improves chances, also the retrieval date is based on the monitoring and therefore flexible, this increases the chance for an optimal result. I had both retrievals on weekend days, many clinics don't do that. I believe their method is responsible for the great results I had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility.
I had one fee that paid for the whole cycle, I thought it was very affordable.
Extend

I am seeing Dr. Maslow for egg freezing.... Dr. Maslow was extremely helpful in explaining the complicated elements of a pleasing to me. She was easy to talk to you even when my results were not so great in the beginning stages. She was encouraging but honest throughout the process, which I really appreciated.... She also went through other hypothetical AMH blood levels with me and how that might impact my anticipated results.
Extend Fertility provides egg freezing exclusively, so I found the prices are lower than other clinics for this very specific service. They used to offer free consultations and diagnostic testing, but now they charge $250 and if you end up using them to freeze your eggs you get to apply that amount to the cost of your egg freezing cycle.... There was one time when I showed up for a blood test that the nurse told me my test wasn’t on the calendar.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I would come with a list of questions for her. There’s a lot of basic information that needs to be told every single patient but beyond that it really is up to you to do your research and make sure you ask the right questions so that you get the answers you need to feel comfortable with your personal care.
She sat down with me face-to-face for a full hour and thoroughly went through my test results with me. She also went through other hypothetical AMH blood levels with me and how that might impact my anticipated results.
I’m still in the process of my treatment so I haven’t had any protocols performed yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff are all generally friendly, and helpful. They were all very accommodating of my fear of needles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I haven’t had ultrasound monitoring performed yet, but I do know that it is a general window.
There is a $6000 cycle fee, plus the cost of medications and long-term storage.
Describe Bat-Sheva Maslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
This does not apply to me. I am seeing Dr. Maslow for egg freezing.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
There was one time when I showed up for a blood test that the nurse told me my test wasn’t on the calendar. But it turned out not to be an issue. They were able to get me in but I was told that my appointment did not show up for them.
2019, 12 Eggs Frozen
I only met her [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits. She did not do my retrieval. She was really nice and knowledgeable and patiently answered my questions...It was a standard egg retrieval process. They told me to add more hormones based on the growth of my follicles...it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor.
When you go to Extend Fertility, it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor. I only met her [Dr. Maslow] once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits...The nurses were sweet, smart, friendly, patient and follow up. However, you have to be organized as things can slip through the cracks...It [monitoring] was a well run machine. Sometimes it took 15 min and other times it was 30
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
When you go to Extend Fertility, it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor. I only met her once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits. She did not do my retrieval. She was really nice and knowledgeable and patiently answered my questions.
It's a smaller office, but it's still a bit of a factory. At least it's a well oiled machine with many polite and friendly nurses and staff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nurses were sweet, smart, friendly, patient and follow up. However, you have to be organized as things can slip through the cracks. A pharmacy didn't get the prescription and they never told me which type of trigger shot i needed until i asked. I did call to speak to a nurse after a treatment as i was experiencing vertigo and they were useless with that issue. However, this does not surprise me since it was not directly related to the procedure
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Their practice is geared towards women who want to freeze their eggs for the future and not for any immediate treatment, which is what i was doing. It had a smaller feel then an RMI and was less expensive (my insurance did not provide coverage). Everyone is super friendly and nice and wait times are really managable. However, you have to stay organized the whole time as things can fall through the cracks. This will happen at any of the egg retrieval or ivf clinice.
It was a well run machine. Sometimes it took 15 min and other times it was 30
$6500 for retrieval, $2000 for 5 years of freezing and approx $2000 in hormones
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
The pharmacy didnt have the prescription and they never called in my trigger shot until i reminded them about it

2020, 15 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow was] Very pleasant and clearly explained the process and my fertility projections...I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful...I would note that given the timing of your cycle you will be examined by other doctors within the practice, as well as the actual retrieval...Given my AMH levels Doctor Maslow tailored my fertility drugs to fit my needs...was very nice and explained my fertility in great detail. I ended up being treated by another doctor in the practice but both of them were very attentive and supportive.
The clinic [Extend Fertility] was very attentive and accommodating. I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful...I would note that given the timing of your cycle you will be examined by other doctors within the practice, as well as the actual retrieval...All of the nurses at Extend were lovely and made me feel very comfortable. They explained everything clearly and answered all of my questions thoroughly...$5,500 for the procedure, $2,000 for the drugs and $2,400 for a 5 year storage plan
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Very pleasant and clearly explained the process and my fertility projections. The clinic was very attentive and accommodating. I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful.
Dr Maslow was very nice and explained my fertility in great detail. I ended up being treated by another doctor in the practice but both of them were very attentive and supportive.
Given my AMH levels Doctor Maslow tailored my fertility drugs to fit my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana Baez-Castillo)
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was very professional and clearly outlined the process during the initial consultation. They were accommodating with appointments and the staff was lovely. The nurses and doctor were wonderful on the day of the procedure and followed up with me multiple times in the days following.

2019, 13 Eggs Frozen
I chose a female doctor [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] because I think it’s more convenient. She is very nice and professional. The whole procedure went smoothly and I got a pretty good result. I didn’t feel anything miserable, the medication was efficient, I only injected 8 days to get it ready.... They expected to get 10-15 eggs, I got 13 mature eggs, which is pretty good. Although I expected 15.
This clinic [Extend Fertility] is the egg freezing industry leader. I’m happy I made a good choice. I did so much research to find it. I enjoyed the advanced technology and professional team. The whole procedure was pretty enjoyable.... Their monitoring hours is 7:00am-9:30am every day. Which is very convenient. The waiting time is very short.... My fertility advisor Kezia is great! She is very friendly and reachable.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I chose a female doctor because I think it’s more convenient. She is very nice and professional. The whole procedure went smoothly and I got a pretty good result. I didn’t feel anything miserable, the medication was efficient, I only injected 8 days to get it ready.
Don’t fear of anything, I feel the procedure just like a regular period.
She is very nice and with big smile. A kind of warm feeling.
They give me the dose is medium. Follistim 225 unites and 2 vials of Menopur per day. I only injected 8 days to get it ready for retraival. They expected to get 10-15 eggs, I got 13 mature eggs, which is pretty good. Although I expected 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kezia Onel )
My fertility advisor Kezia is great! She is very friendly and reachable. She is so patient and answered all my questions. She helped me made it. And all the nurses are so nice and patient. They are a well organized team.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
This clinic is the egg freezing industry leader. I’m happy I made a good choice. I did so much research to find it. I enjoyed the advanced technology and professional team. The whole procedure was pretty enjoyable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
First cycle 6500, one year storage 600, medication 3000.

2018, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Maslow cares about her patients and women's education around fertility. She is passionate about what she does and wants her patients to have positive outcomes. She communicates over the phone and over email.... We agreed to do 2 cycles of egg retrieval (I am 40) and we would determine if a third is necessary. After the 2nd, we agreed to a 3rd but she was confident that completing a 4th cycle was unnecessary.
Communication [Extend Fertility] was problematic and obtaining records was an issue. The steps of the process were not made transparent. Ex. How long would the eggs be stored in the clinic and then shipped to the storage facility was not readily available. Had to request that details be made in writing. For example, they called you over the phone to tell you the number of eggs that were going to be frozen but did not offer a written confirmation of the record unless I requested.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Have a baseline knowledge of fertility. Do your own research and be prepared to ask specific questions
The Doctor answered questions and provided realistic expectations
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Communication was erratic. Never spoke to the same person and questions were not always answered.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Communication was problematic and obtaining records was an issue. The steps of the process were not made transparent. Ex. How long would the eggs be stored in the clinic and then shipped to the storage facility was not readily available. Had to request that details be made in writing. For example, they called you over the phone to tell you the number of eggs that were going to be frozen but did not offer a written confirmation of the record unless I requested.
5000 a cycle for egg retrieval. Meds were covered under my insurance

2017, Unknown Success
Dr maslows strengths include compassion, knowledge and availability. As a patient I feel she was very thorough in her exam and had great communication. She took the tjme to answer all of mine and my husband's questions. She also gave us all of our options instead of simply IVF...She was very straight forward and compassionate about our chances of fertility...She also spent a great deal,of time explaining everything to us... There is also a class to take on giving yourself injections.
I had medical records faxed multiple times and the clinic [Gold Coast IVF] claimed they never revived my records- email works better!...Very clean and welcoming environment. Weakness in returning messages promptly....Get all prior medical records and bring them with you. I had issues faxing medical history and then not receiving or losing information...[nURSING sTAFF] Informative but not prompt in returning messages left... There is also a class to take on giving yourself injections.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Gold Coast IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bat-Sheva Maslow at Gold Coast IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Gold Coast IVF?
She was very straight forward and compassionate about our chances of fertility. She also spent a great deal,of time explaining everything to us.
Describe the protocols Bat-Sheva Maslow used in your cycles at Gold Coast IVF and their degree of success.
Day 3 of cycle is blood test and ultrasound. Next birth control is started, then luparon injections then stimulation injections. Then retrieval of egg, fertilizing the eggs, maturing the eggs for 3-5 days and then placing them back into my uterus. Monitoring required for dosing changes. There is also a class to take on giving yourself injections.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Gold Coast IVF.
Informative but not prompt in returning messages left.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
Very clean and welcoming environment. Weakness in returning messages promptly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bat-Sheva Maslow at Gold Coast IVF.
Approximately 17,000$
Describe Bat-Sheva Maslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gold Coast IVF.
Dr recommended one egg transfer based on our age - 33
What specific things went wrong at Gold Coast IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Gold Coast IVF.
I had medical records faxed multiple times and the clinic claimed they never revived my records- email works better!
Gold Coast IVF
West Woodbury

2021, Consult
Dr. Maslow was very nice and communicated everything well to me. I've only had one consultation with her so far but I have no complaints, everything went well. I look forward to having more appointments with her once I start the process...She took the time to explain the entire egg freezing process to me and also answered al the questions I had. I didn't feel rushed and felt like I had her undivided attention and felt very comfortable speaking to her....
The clinic [Extend Fertility] was quiet and spacious, taking into consideration social distancing. Everything was organized and I was in and out fairly quickly...The first appointment I had with the nurses was very quick and easy. just one quick blood draw...if the patient is looking for a female physician at this clinic. As the only female physician, I did have to wait a few extra weeks for an appointment....
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
experience went very well. Dr. Maslow was very nice and communicated everything well to me. I've only had one consultation with her so far but I have no complaints, everything went well. I look forward to having more appointments with her once I start the process
I think to just be patient if the patient is looking for a female physician at this clinic. As the only female physician, I did have to wait a few extra weeks for an appointment.
I have not started treatment yet.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was quiet and spacious, taking into consideration social distancing. Everything was organized and I was in and out fairly quickly. There was some construction as the clinic is expanding but the only signs of that were signs in the clinic space. Otherwise, I would have had no idea, there was no noise or disturbance that impeded the appointment
just over $10000