Doctor available by email
West Chester
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Benjamin Gocial to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Although we have still not been successful, I have been very happy with my treatment to date. Dr. Gocial always listens to my concerns with compassion and presents options to consider. I appreciate that I see him often during each cycle so I have the opportunity to ask questions when needed.... Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Advocate for yourself, but try to place some trust in the care team as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
I switched to this clinic precisely because I was interested in a more personal approach. Both Dr. Gocial and his staff always make me feel like they are treating my condition in a personal way.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Gocial used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy. Our second cycle was another letrozole IUI. We needed to adjust dosing during this cycle to better my response. Currently we are in our third IUI cycle and combined both clomid and letrozole.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Barb)
All of Dr. Gocial’s staff are amazing. Very supportive and great communicators. They go out of their way to help manage treatment and schedules.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The center city office is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .
IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay. Medications aside from. The HCG trigger shots were also covered. Triggers cost $70 each. Each office visit was subject to my specialist copay fee of $60.
Philadelphia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .

2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is one of the most caring doctors . Although the end goal is a healthy pregnancy, he always considers me and my health. He always is concerned about my mental health . I never leave a visit felling lost or confused . He gives me all the options and we decide together . I wouldn’t trust anyone else .
Be honest and open.
All the staff at his office , including himself have always made me feel comfortable and cares about . They are there for me during each up and down.
I started this process right before I turned 40. I was tested for all of the norms ( egg reserve, uterine polyps, tubal damage ....). My egg retrieval was almost aborted because Dr. Gocial thought that I was going to hyperstimulate. He monitored me everyday and thankfully everything went well. He suggested PGD/PGS testing and I declined . My first transfer I used one embryo. He second I used two. Both produced negative pregnancy test . At that point Dr. Gocial suggest that I get a ERA done. The rest showed that I was 2 days pre-receptive . To be sure he suggested that a second ERA be performed. The results were the same as the first . Using that data , the next cycle I took two extra days of Crinone. The cycle was a positive pregnancy test . There was a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. At 8 weeks and 5 days the heartbeat had stopped. I’m waiting for the results of the embryo biopsy . Dr. Gocial suggested that I take a break before the next cycle . During the next 4 weeks I will be taking Norethindrone to suppress any possible endometriosis that has not been detected during other testing. He believes that this will assist with any implantation issues. I will also be doing genetic testing prior to transfer the next cycle .
I can’t say enough about the nurses at Mainline Fertility . They are so caring and compassionate. They cheer with you, cry with you, make you feel special. They nursing team has planned a major role in my love for the clinic.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: Very personable Flexible scheduling Treated as an individual, not a number Very transparent with options and prices Offers financial assistance Entire team is awesome I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on. My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
I’m a nurse and I work overnight . I was always told long as I was there before 10:45am. So, I would say very flexible .
I’m blessed with 100% IVF coverage . They do have a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year .
Describe Benjamin Gocial's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial is very conservative in that area. I respect him for that. For my individual situation he suggest single embryo transfer. I’m 42 and wouldn’t want to tale the chance or risk of multiple births .
Bryn Mawr

He [Dr. Benjamin Gocial] was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial was very open in reviewing test results and answering all my questions in detail. He was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
As with any doctor, make sure you know what questions you want to ask and that they get answered.
The nurses in Dr. Gocial's office are very personable, friendly and caring. One of the nurses I recognized from my previous doctor's office and we talked about why she had wanted to work with Dr. Gocial.
I started on Letrazole 2.5mg the 3rd-7th day of my cycle and started Menopur 75iu on the 6th day for 4 days. On day 10, we did HCG. I don't remember if the IUI was Day 11 or Day 12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Maureen Heinig)
All the nurses in Gocial's office are excellent. I cannot say enough. Very kind, caring and personal. It's important because as a patient you will be meeting with the nurses for your appointments after a course of treatment is set.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial's Main Line Fertility office in Center City is very small. So it's less private in a sense. There are only a few people you will be interacting with. But that's not always a bad thing. You're not likely to have an appointment with someone you haven't met before. Any IUI or IVF appointments will happen at Bryn Mawr. That's a larger office, but I found the culture to be very much the same. Everyone is friendly and make an effort to make you feel comfortable.
I paid copays, medicine and for my IUI visit.
Bryn Mawr

Dr. Gocial is patient, kind, and encouraging. From our very first meeting he was able to give us our diagnosis, which was never given to us at a previous doctor. He invited questions and made sure we felt comfortable with all the information we gave him.... He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point. The thing that has made the most difference to us is his flexibility and willingness to provide more than one treatment option for us and allow us to decide what works the best for us.
Don't hesitate to ask questions- Dr. Gocial considers all your concerns and no question is too small.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very caring
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Super clean. Relatively short wait for the initial appointment, within less than 1 week of my call. Other doctors would have made us wait over a month. Possiblity of joining a clinical trial is encouraging. Mainline is the only fertility clinic in Philadelphia with the approval for clinical trials. Convenient appointment times before work
Single embryo transfer has been recommended to us. For my husband and I, we will cross the bridge when we come to it and have a bigger discussion after our egg retrieval and when we know how many embryos we have