Main Line Fertility

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolTemple
West Chester
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Benjamin Gocial to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?
He [Dr. Benjamin Gocial] was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial was very open in reviewing test results and answering all my questions in detail. He was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
As with any doctor, make sure you know what questions you want to ask and that they get answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
The nurses in Dr. Gocial's office are very personable, friendly and caring. One of the nurses I recognized from my previous doctor's office and we talked about why she had wanted to work with Dr. Gocial.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Gocial used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
I started on Letrazole 2.5mg the 3rd-7th day of my cycle and started Menopur 75iu on the 6th day for 4 days. On day 10, we did HCG. I don't remember if the IUI was Day 11 or Day 12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Maureen Heinig)
All the nurses in Gocial's office are excellent. I cannot say enough. Very kind, caring and personal. It's important because as a patient you will be meeting with the nurses for your appointments after a course of treatment is set.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial's Main Line Fertility office in Center City is very small. So it's less private in a sense. There are only a few people you will be interacting with. But that's not always a bad thing. You're not likely to have an appointment with someone you haven't met before. Any IUI or IVF appointments will happen at Bryn Mawr. That's a larger office, but I found the culture to be very much the same. Everyone is friendly and make an effort to make you feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .
I paid copays, medicine and for my IUI visit.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Gocial is patient, kind, and encouraging. From our very first meeting he was able to give us our diagnosis, which was never given to us at a previous doctor. He invited questions and made sure we felt comfortable with all the information we gave him.... He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point. The thing that has made the most difference to us is his flexibility and willingness to provide more than one treatment option for us and allow us to decide what works the best for us.
Don't hesitate to ask questions- Dr. Gocial considers all your concerns and no question is too small.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very caring
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Super clean. Relatively short wait for the initial appointment, within less than 1 week of my call. Other doctors would have made us wait over a month. Possiblity of joining a clinical trial is encouraging. Mainline is the only fertility clinic in Philadelphia with the approval for clinical trials. Convenient appointment times before work
Describe Benjamin Gocial's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Single embryo transfer has been recommended to us. For my husband and I, we will cross the bridge when we come to it and have a bigger discussion after our egg retrieval and when we know how many embryos we have