5.7

South Portland, ME 04106
Rye
1245 Washington Road
Rye, NH 03870

Dr Lannon wants to try a few rounds of a natural IUI cycle. If that doesn’t work we will regroup and look at a medicated cycle. For now I am just using ovulation predictor kits and will go in for an IUI when it’s a positive. ... I was previously diagnosed with uterine scaring by a different doctor. Dr Lannon questioned those results and wanted to take another look with a saline infused sonogram.
Their [Boston IVF] scheduling is a little weird to me. I have had 2 appointments and both have been changed to earlier in the day. I am lucky to have a flexible job but that might not work for everyone. It’s almost like they don’t even ask you if the time change will work they just kind of tell you. ... Tammy [nurse] was very knowledgeable and took time to help me understand things.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
At our consult he explained things so clearly and made things easy for us to understand. This whole process and journey to get here has been confusing on so many different levels. When we left our consult we felt a way we hadn’t felt in 4 years...hopeful. You are his patient but he makes you feel included and heard.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
He gives you a ton of information, try to record your consult. The next day when things settled in my brain I wrote down a ton of questions to bring to my next appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I was previously diagnosed with uterine scaring by a different doctor. Dr Lannon questioned those results and wanted to take another look with a saline infused sonogram. At the consult he said “ I want to take another look, well you and I can look together” it just made me feel included and that he wanted to make sure I understood what was going on. During the procedure he explained every step and showed me on the monitor what we were looking at. The best news, his assumptions were correct and I was previously misdiagnosed!
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I haven’t started treatment yet but Dr Lannon wants to try a few rounds of a natural IUI cycle. If that doesn’t work we will regroup and look at a medicated cycle. For now I am just using ovulation predictor kits and will go in for an IUI when it’s a positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tammy )
I had a lot of questions after my consult. Tammy was very knowledgeable and took time to help me understand things.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Their scheduling is a little weird to me. I have had 2 appointments and both have been changed to earlier in the day. I am lucky to have a flexible job but that might not work for everyone. It’s almost like they don’t even ask you if the time change will work they just kind of tell you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF.
Shockingly my insurance covered our consult. I just had $25 copay. If you pay upfront rather than them billing your insurance they only charge you half of what the cost is that is billed to insurance. I know my insurance doesn’t cover procedures or treatments so I opt to pay upfront and take advantage of the discount,
South Portland

[Dr. Lannon] was pleasant and knowledgeable. He gave us hope and assured us that was IVF was the correct next step for us based on our age...I only talked to Dr Lannon once before retrieval day and then next on transfer day. While this is common more face time would have been nice...He made us feel comfortable...I felt my protocol could have been more aggressive. We stared out with 250 ui of Gonal-f and my follicles grew fairly slow...upped my dosage slightly near the end to help the follicles grow but it was only for two days. We ended up retrieving 9 eggs...Dr Lannon was open to transferring two embryos due to my age (35). And made the decision for us on retrieval day to transfer two due to only having 3 embryos make it to day 5
The clinic itself [Boston IVF] you feel more like a number...My favorite person on the team was the phlebotomist, Courtney. She was so friendly and kind and made me feel comfortable and cared for. My primary nurse Tiffanie was great but I only talked to her a handful of times. Much of the communicate is through the IVF portal...$9400 for retrieval and transfer...The financial part is scary and intimidating. The person going through it flies through the options and pricing. We left after meeting with her feeling extremely overwhelmed. She answered my follow up questions via email quickly but they were very short and often didn’t answer my entire question. I wish there had been more check ins and communciation during the embryo growing process. I heard from the nurse after insemination but didn’t get any update until retrieval day and we had to ask the doctor for an update.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon is very friendly and easy to talk to. We had planned on meeting with other doctors at other clinics but as soon as we met Dr Lannon we knew we wanted to continue seeing him. He made us feel comfortable.
Be sure to ask questions. He’s very open to them and doesn’t make you feel stupid for asking them.
Dr Lennon was pleasant and knowledgeable. He gave us hope and assured us that was IVF was the correct next step for us based on our age. The clinic itself you feel more like a number. I only talked to Dr Lannon once before retrieval day and then next on transfer day. While this is common more face time would have been nice.
I felt my protocol could have been more aggressive. We stared out with 250 ui of Gonal-f and my follicles grew fairly slow. Dr Lannon upped my dosage slightly near the end to help the follicles grow but it was only for two days. We ended up retrieving 9 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffanie)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
$9400 for retrieval and transfer.
Describe Benjamin Lannon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr Lannon was open to transferring two embryos due to my age (35). And made the decision for us on retrieval day to transfer two due to only having 3 embryos make it to day 5.
South Portland
I believe dr lannon was very knowledgeable and had a great amount of experience in this situation. He made me and my wife feel comfortable moving forward with him .he was very informative of the pros and cons of the process as well as giving us information on the odds of the process. He also had egg I think is an open table concept where he always allowed any questions small or large to be brought up helping us build a trusting relationship with him makeing our decision to move forward with confidence rather then doubt
The clinics [Boston IVF- South Portland] strengths in my eyes are the nurses and dr amount of knowledge in the process as well as their gift to make you feel comfortable with the situation the only weakness in my eyes is the receptionist in the front is not that friendly... Our nurse was very knowledgeable as well as great bedside manners making us comfortable with her threwout the process
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
My advice would be to open minded and to stay positive . I would also recommend ask any an all questions you may have . Reading up on the process before your consultation is key so you have more questions to ask which would help you make your decisions
I believe he did a great job at giving us heartfelt detail on the process as well as making us feel like he was their for us no matter what path we choose makeing me and my wife more comfortable to move forward with ivf
We have only had the chance to go threw 3 iui at this point we are now in the process of ivf .our iui results where not successful but threw the testing we gained confidence that ivf was worth a shot . The results of the iui made us aware that most things looked good but we where just unable to conceive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinics strengths in my eyes are the nurses and dr amount of knowledge in the process as well as their gift to make you feel comfortable with the situation the only weakness in my eyes is the receptionist in the front is not that friendly
Cost is roughly 10895 plus all medicine involved would be additional 2500
South Portland

Dr. Lannon was respectful when it came to telling me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.... I was given clomid for three cycles prior to IUI. On the last attempt we tried the monitored approach with the trigger shot. Unfortunately none of the attempts were successful. We are now on the antagonist approach for IVF. I have unexplained fertility and given my age (37) statists say after 3 attempts of IUI you should move onto IVF.
Tami [a nurse at Boston IVF- South Portland] was very compassionate and detail oriented. She explained the process in full detail. Tami went out of her way to make sure I had a clear understanding of the process and patient in taking the time to answer all my questions. Tami has been a blessing to us.... the practice itself is organized with a great system in place. Staff are friendly, compassionate and profession.
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Dr. Lannon was empathetic and understanding given my circumstances and frustrations with not being able to conceive. Dr. Lannon was respectful when it came to telling me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.
to be confident in Dr. Lannon's medical decision making.
Dr Lannon took the time during my IVF consultation to thoroughly explain the process and answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tami Gosselin and Tiffany )
Tami was very compassionate and detail oriented. She explained the process in full detail. Tami went out of her way to make sure I had a clear understanding of the process and patient in taking the time to answer all my questions. Tami has been a blessing to us.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
the practice itself is organized with a great system in place. Staff are friendly, compassionate and profession. The only weakness is that I wish the practice was located closer to my home town. I have to travel about 45minutes to the office.
IUI 450.00 x3= 1350 IVF= 7600.00 Medications= 2000.00