5.3

Benjamin Sandler works at

635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

Treated 2020
We felt like our case was unique to us and that Dr. Sandler truly cared about us by the end of the consultation...as warm and direct about our test results and gave us a clear plan moving forward. He answered all of our questions and did not make us feel rushed in our initial appointment. We have had a difficult time getting in touch with him due to Covid, but the staff at RMA have been very responsive and communicate between us and Dr. Sandler when we need more information about something.
We’ve spoken with many nurses [at RMA] over the phone due to Covid and the fact that we’re out of town the majority of the time. They are all very responsive and communicate efficiently among each other so that they can all be up to speed on our treatment plan. Ali in particular has been very warm and encouraging!... is a huge practice, which has benefits and drawbacks. Each time I’ve done an IUI in the office it is with a different doctor (likely due to fewer staff working during Covid). The call service employees are very friendly, however I always have to leave a message for a nurse or doctor to call back. The call back typically happens within an hour. I would have liked to be in closer contact with my doctor, however the nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer almost all of our questions.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Sandler was warm and direct about our test results and gave us a clear plan moving forward. He answered all of our questions and did not make us feel rushed in our initial appointment. We have had a difficult time getting in touch with him due to Covid, but the staff at RMA have been very responsive and communicate between us and Dr. Sandler when we need more information about something.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Give as much background information as you can (how long you’ve been trying to conceive, what you’ve tried, tests you’ve had, etc.)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
After 9 months of trying to conceive naturally, try three rounds of IUI. This includes day 3 labs, letrozole for days 5-10 of the cycle, mid-cycle ultrasound in preparation for ovulation, ovidrel trigger shot, sperm wash, IUI in office. Discuss next steps if three rounds of IUI does not work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
We’ve spoken with many nurses over the phone due to Covid and the fact that we’re out of town the majority of the time. They are all very responsive and communicate efficiently among each other so that they can all be up to speed on our treatment plan. Ali in particular has been very warm and encouraging!
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
RMA is a huge practice, which has benefits and drawbacks. Each time I’ve done an IUI in the office it is with a different doctor (likely due to fewer staff working during Covid). The call service employees are very friendly, however I always have to leave a message for a nurse or doctor to call back. The call back typically happens within an hour. I would have liked to be in closer contact with my doctor, however the nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer almost all of our questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Have not yet received bill from insurance company, but up to 6 rounds of IUI are covered.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Benjamin Sandler
RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)
East Patchogue
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Sandler always explains me for everything. And to the point. I get the result with satisfaction. Couple times he did ultrasound for me due to my poor egg quality, so he can decide that time what next step. For me it’s good, he take care of patient as a human. He can answer all my questions. I always happy with his answer. ...He would do 2 embryos transfer not more than that. ... For the 2nd time he willing to try again even my change only egg donor. Give me hope.
The clinic is nice and clean. The staff all friendly from front desk , financial , nurse. They are informative. The only thing is I wish the clinic can accept my insurance. Other than that I was happy with RMA.. ... The nursing staff is the best. They always available when I call them. And help me with anything. ... For the whole treatment around $11,000 not including the medication from the beginning to beta test. Unfortunately the refund my money since we canceled my cycle due to my egg not respond to medicatio
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Joan straight to the point
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Doctor Sandlers was nice to explain me everything. When the 1st cycle with him, couple time he did the ultrasound during the injection timeline instead of the tech, since I have serious low egg quality. For the 2nd time he willing to try again even my change only egg donor. Give me hope.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
1st cycle , I took gonal F , menopur for morning and night. The day 2 showed up 4 eggs but in the day 5 all gone. And we canceled the treatment. 2nd cycle , Gonal F and menopur higher doses and not worked either. We had to cancel it again. My poor eeg quality didn’t respond to medication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
For the whole treatment around $11,000 not including the medication from the beginning to beta test. Unfortunately the refund my money since we canceled my cycle due to my egg not respond to medication.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I haven’t go through to retrieve yet. So I can’t comment anything. But from the beginning. He would do 2 embryos transfer not more than that.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Sandler is a wonderful physician who really cares about his patients. I loved that he adjusted my treatment plan and when things weren't working out with one medication, we switched it. Dr. Sandler is proactive, not just reactive, which is extremely important in the course of fertility treatment. Although RMA is very busy and truly runs a large-scale operation, I found them to be extremely sensitive, considerate, and reachable. Dr. Sandler is an amazing physician but he is not exactly "warm and fuzzy," so I would keep that in mind if you are someone who needs a doctor who is more laid back. I found Dr. Sandler to be completely honest about expectations, while also maintaining a level of reassurance to me given my age and medical history.
I found all of the nurses at RMA to be great, but Dr. Sandler's nurses Danielle and Alyssa and beyond fantastic. They always reassured me and helped me through every step of the process. They were approachable, and if I called RMA about something specific, the nurses would call me back ASAP, often within the hour. Based on my prior experience within medical offices, RMA is unparalleled as far as sensitivity, efficiency, compassion, and overall excellence in general. I am so grateful that I was recommended to RMA, and the nurses in particular made the experience as pleasant as possible. I am forever grateful to Danielle and Alyssa for their expertise, kindness, and compassion.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
If you see that the treatment is not going as planned, schedule a conversation with Dr. Sandler to discuss alternative options.
I cannot sing the praises enough of RMA New York. They are so efficient, professional, and caring. The doctors are extremely busy and have a lot of patients to see, but I always felt like they answered my questions, and if I had follow up questions I would then speak to a nurse. The nurses were beyond responsive, approachable, and extremely sensitive and helpful. Dr. Sandler would tell it to me like it was, he was realistic about expectations, and he did not give me false hope. Dr. Sandler gave me options, he recommended what was best, and it resulted in a viable pregnancy. I will forever be grateful to him and his practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Mitkus & Alyssa Ball )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a remarkably well-oiled machine. When you schedule an appointment, they handle everything with care and efficiency and you can get in and out and go about your day. I loved the early morning appointments and knowing that I wasn't going to spend all day in a doctor's office, especially because of the frequency of visits relating to fertility treatments. The waiting room is nice and comfy, and the office becomes, in a way, your home away from home, because you spend so much time there. Although you do not always see the same nurses/doctors, they are transparent with each other about your level of care, so you do not feel like you are just being shuffled from person to person. It is a large clinic, so you will likely be seeing different doctors at different appointments, but all of the doctors are fantastic, so you are in good hands! Although Dr. Sandler was my assigned doctor (and I think he is phenomenal), I also saw Dr. Grunfeld quite frequently (I guess our schedules were more aligned) and he is also a phenomenal physician.
I have excellent insurance, so I usually had a $40 co-pay when I would go to RMA, but otherwise all of the procedures/blood work was covered. For the shots prior to the IUI, they were $60 each month (my insurance covered the bulk of it), and the medication Clomid/Letrozole varied between $5-$10 (my insurance covered most of it)
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Sandler] is a great doctor, really smart and knows what he is talking about. I know is difficult for me to get pregnant and that sometimes is difficult to talk about it but he manages to explain everything in a way he makes me feel confident but also down to earth. Is difficult to explain. ... He is really concerned about every aspect in my health not only physical or gynaecology, also how I feel, about my mental health. So this make me feel like a person
They [RMA of New York] really have a professional and well organised staff. Sometimes there are a lot of patients waiting for daily controls but the way the clinic is organised makes everything fast and nice. The rooms and ORs are ok. ... There are monitoring hours Monday-Sunday. You came at your convenience. First come first serve. You came to the reception area, write down your name and wait to be called first to take your blood test and then for the screening. Sometimes it could be really crowded but the staff make it that you wouldn’t spend a lot of time waiting
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He is a great doctor, really smart and knows what he is talking about. I know is difficult for me to get pregnant and that sometimes is difficult to talk about it but he manages to explain everything in a way he makes me feel confident but also down to earth. Is difficult to explain.
Trust him and ask him as many questions you have.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very polite, professional; specially the staff assigned in the OR was always nice and concerned in my wellbeing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really have a professional and well organised staff. Sometimes there are a lot of patients waiting for daily controls but the way the clinic is organised makes everything fast and nice. The rooms and ORs are ok.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Retrieving and 1 transfer around 15,000 Egg freezing around 1,000 year Transfer from egg freeze around 3,000 Something like that
Because of the fibroids I have I am not a candidate for multiple embryo transfer. This is something we knew since day one.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] right away told me that with my conditions (mostly PCOS but also unexplained infertility) he suggested we move straight to IVF to increase chances of getting pregnant. He also gave me the option of doing more IUI treatments, but didn't think they would work for me...He showed me different statistics, but also talked about how my personal conditions could influence results. He gave me options, talked about what he thought would work for me and advised on how he thought I should proceed.
The clinic [RMA of NY] is very well run. Monitoring appointments are very convenient as the clinic opens up early. If I came by 7 am, I'd be out no later than 8 each time, which gave me plenty of time to get to work...The nurses are wonderful! They always answered all questions and returned my calls promptly.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He's a great doctor. Even during my initial consultation with him, I felt confident in him as my doctor and knew I could trust him. He showed me different statistics, but also talked about how my personal conditions could influence results. He gave me options, talked about what he thought would work for me and advised on how he thought I should proceed.
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He's a great doctor!
He was always there to answer questions, he was the one who monitored most of my appointments, he explained everything very well every step along the way, he was compassionate and kind, gave me options, his staff was wonderful.
He right away told me that with my conditions (mostly PCOS but also unexplained infertility) he suggested we move straight to IVF to increase chances of getting pregnant. He also gave me the option of doing more IUI treatments, but didn't think they would work for me. I chose to move on to IVF with him and am happy I did so.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic is very well run. Monitoring appointments are very convenient as the clinic opens up early. If I came by 7 am, I'd be out no later than 8 each time, which gave me plenty of time to get to work.
He suggested to transfer 1 embryo at a time given my age and medical history.

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Sandler is an expert in the field. He is honest and compassionate and kept me informed every step of the way....Dr. Sandler navigates the stress while providing realistic expectations. I did two rounds of IVF and was not successful....I took several months off to regroup and went the egg donor route. He explained the entire process, the statistics and the risks. Dr. Sandler was compassionate and patient with me. He was honest yet comforting.
Strength is that they [RMA - East Side] get results. Weakness is that it is a very busy practice and it is frustrating during the monitoring process. Also when you call, if is quite difficult to speak to the doctor. You always get a nurse first... Dará Berg is the specialist for donor egg recipients. She was incredibly responsive, compassionate and well-versed in the process....I paid for egg freezing ($10,000), IVF ($10,000 each time). Insurance covered $10,000 of embryo transfer with donor egg (which total cost was $23,000)
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler is an expert in the field. He is honest and compassionate and kept me informed every step of the way. It is a very stressful experience as a patient with difficulties trying to conceive. Dr. Sandler navigates the stress while providing realistic expectations.
Dr. Sandler is amazing. Be patient with the size of the practice. He is worth the wait.
Several years ago i froze my eggs. When I was ready to conceive I did two rounds of IVF and was not successful. I then thawed my eggs and that procedure was also unsuccessful. I took several months off to regroup and went the egg donor route. He explained the entire process, the statistics and the risks. I now have a beautiful healthy daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dará berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength is that they get results. Weakness is that it is a very busy practice and it is frustrating during the monitoring process. Also when you call, if is quite difficult to speak to the doctor. You always get a nurse first.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The window was convenient but it was terribly busy. Often times I waited an hour or more.
dr. Sandler was pretty insistent on implanting a single embryo.

Treated 2011 - 2015
....from the getgo Dr. Sandler was very honest...He did not want to continue a cycle if it wasn't looking good, and was cognizant of me as a person.
Keri was the nurse I worked with...She was unbelievable...[Monitoring appointments] very long waits unless there right when the doors opened. VERY long.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Sandler was a very smart doctor who handled a pretty textbook case of diagnosed infertility very well. I was a VERY nervous patient, and he handled me well, was very honest and practical, and got me to where I needed to be. Sometimes I wanted more compassion, but also understood our goals were aligned, and he was doing everything he could to get me to where I wanted to be,
He is not going to hold your hand, but he will do whatever he can to get the best otucome.
I felt like from the getgo Dr. Sandler was very honest- never giving me false hope, but making me believe he would do anything he could to ensure I was successful. He spent over an hour with me at our first meeting, and was always patient, honest, and practical. He did not want to continue a cycle if it wasn't looking good, and was cognizant of me as a person. He is not what I would describe as "warm and fuzzy" but inspired confidence in me as a patient that he would do whatever he could to ensure the best out come.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Keri Bergin)
Keri was the nurse I worked with primarily in between my first series of IVF when I had twins and when I went back for a singleton embryo transfer. She was unbelievable. She left for med school which was very sad for me, but she made me feel empowered, confident, comfortable and supported. I adored her
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Horrible. Very long waits unless there right when the doors opened. VERY long
Treated 2003 - 2010
Dr Sandler is very direct, has an incredible human kindness never found in other infertility specialists; some times I did not like what I hear but he kept focusing me in the right direction we even decided to take a six month break that gave us the chance to come back with a successful treatment. he even gave me his cell number to make sure I could call whenever I wanted...He is very direct, and may not hold your hand as others, being a foreign physician (he was born out of the country) may have a different cultural background but showed genuine concern and has been known for not taking money out of people who have no chance to get pregnant.
Very efficient, we arrived at 6:15 am [at RMA - Downtown] and they were incredibly empathetic of our situation...Being an out of town patient, they were in the middle of Manhattan which provided easy access, lots of traffic during working hours but easy to access...He [Dr. Sandler] was very kind explained every step clearly and interrupted one cycle when he saw my ovaries were not responding accordingly...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
dr Sandler is very direct, has an incredible human kindness never found in other infertility specialists; some times I did not like what I hear but he kept focusing me in the right direction we even decided to take a six month break that gave us the chance to come back with a successful treatment. he even gave me his cell number to make sure I could call whenever I wanted
He was very kind explained every step clearly and interrupted one cycle when he saw my ovaries were not responding accordingly
he used a Pergonal Protocol, and then HCG on the day of ovulation, followed by retrieval and transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very efficient, we arrived at 6:15 am and they were incredibly empathetic of our situation
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
dont remember but considered fair and successful
NY - Downtown
Treated 2011 - 2016
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I only saw him twice, once to know him and then at transfer, they prepared my cycle in Mexico (because I liver there) they have this great doctors Martha Luna and Enrique Cervantes they prepare you end then when you are ready yo go tu NYC to do the transfer. The doctors that really treated me and where in contact with me where Martha and Enrique in Mexico. Sandler was nice and he explained everything very well, even though we had no luck in both our treatments with him (one miscarriage and one negative test with donors eggs), I really really like the structure/administration they have at the clinic, they say they will call at 5 with results and the really do. They work by the book and i like that very much.
I think he is very good at what he does, he is very busy and has a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think that as a weakness they have too many patients. Strengths, they know what they are doing.
Shared donnor egg : 21,000 usd Not shared donor egg: 35,000 usd Plus medication and testing
NY - Downtown
Treated 2009 - 2012
Dr Sandler was very personable and remembered previous discussions and was very honest...The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem.
The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem...It's like a factory during monitoring hours, otherwise it's clean and the staff is friendly and competent.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
The entire staff is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem
Be patient
Corteous, professional and thorough
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a factory; get there as early as possible or you could be there for a long time
Between 9,000-10,000 a cycle and about 300-350 in medication co-pays