5.3

Benjamin Sandler works at

635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

Treated 2009 - 2012
Dr Sandler was very personable and remembered previous discussions and was very honest...The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem.
The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem...It's like a factory during monitoring hours, otherwise it's clean and the staff is friendly and competent.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
The entire staff is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Corteous, professional and thorough
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a factory; get there as early as possible or you could be there for a long time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Between 9,000-10,000 a cycle and about 300-350 in medication co-pays
Embryo Freezing
He’s very thorough. During the consolation Dr. Sandler goes over the whole reproductive process, your chances of conceiving and the full overview of what to expect. I was just hesitant going to a for profit place. But I’m on to my 3rd doctor and feel that I have to give RMA a fair chance too. The nurses seem to be there to support you along the way. I will say the nurses who draw blood aren’t as good as Columbia but I’m sure I can get over that. I felt that other places were too conservative and didn’t understand my rush even though I’m 36.
The waiting time [at RMA-NY- East Side] isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all... The total cost will probably be around $20k. We did an IUI with them that is still going through insurance. They will go over the cost of the meds and retrieval for you before you start and set up a payment plan. They have to look into your insurance first anyway to get approval.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Go in with all of your previous blood work and a list of questions. He’s very knowledgeable so ask him anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I can ask them anything and they will get back to me ASAP.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting time isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all.
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] told me to try with a single embryo transfer because he was confident it would be successful...I have met Dr. Sandler only twice. Regardless, I got the results I was promised on our initial consult visit so I am not upset...Maybe Dr. Sandler's involvement would've been more present if the 1st round of IVF would've been unsuccessful, but luckily I will never know...On our initial consult he told me I was the ideal candidate for IVF and that I will leave his office pregnant in a matter of couple of weeks. He was right. We started with the medication to prepare for egg retrieval which I was on for about 10 days, on the first cycle day after my initial visit (talk about not wasting any time). I was put on progesterone as well to make sure the lining was prepared to keep the pregnancy.
During the lab hours and constant blood draws there were always many different nurses working [at RMA of New York], I think I never saw the same nurse twice during my time there...Very efficient scheduling, we started our treatment two weeks after our initial consult. A lot of staff to help with the amount of patients so no long wait times. The lab testing in the morning had a good system in place on a 1st come- 1st serve basis. It was a clean environment. Be prepared to wait with A LOT of women especially during lab times, it was mind blowing to see how many women actually go through fertility treatments. It is difficult to feel important.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
We were blessed with our miracle baby on our 1st IVF attempt, so I am very grateful for the expertise of RMA and Dr.Sandler. However, I feel if this would've been a 3rd or 4th attempt which often is the reality for fertility patients I would've felt neglected and just like one of many. Maybe Dr. Sandler's involvement would've been more present if the 1st round of IVF would've been unsuccessful, but luckily I will never know.
Be prepared to not see him much :-)
The clinic is very busy, and during the entire process and countless visits I have met Dr. Sandler only twice. Regardless, I got the results I was promised on our initial consult visit so I am not upset.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
During the lab hours and constant blood draws there were always many different nurses working, I think I never saw the same nurse twice during my time there. I wish I remember the nurse who was getting me ready for my egg retrieval, she was the kindest soul who made me laugh when all I wanted to do is cry because I was so nervous. She told me everything would be fine and she was right.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We paid roughly $5,000(mainly for medication) the rest was covered by insurance.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He told me to try with a single embryo transfer because he was confident it would be successful.