Medical SchoolNY Medical
ResidencyAlbert Einstein
FellowshipGeorge Washington U
105 E 37th St, Suite 1
212-685-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Beth Hartog to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Chelsea Fertility of NYC to a friend?
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Hartog is very thorough and she takes the time to explain all the details and spends quality time individually with her patients. She answers all the questions and is present at all appointments. She always returns my phone calls and doesn't rush when spoken to...The doctor spends time individually with every patient, personality returns phone calls and is present at all my appointments.My first Mini IVF consisted of Femara/ Menopur/ Ganirelix. The doctor intriduced Ganirelix when my follicles were around 15-16 but the antagonist and Femara suppressed my estrogen too much which resulted in 0 eggs retrieved.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Always ask questions, at every appt at every ulstrasound ask how is your body responding, always stay informed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
The clinic and the stuff are great. The doctor spends time individually with every patient, personality returns phone calls and is present at all my appointments.
Describe the protocols Beth Hartog used in your cycles at Chelsea Fertility of NYC and their degree of success.
My first Mini IVF consisted of Femara/ Menopur/ Ganirelix. The doctor intriduced Ganirelix when my follicles were around 15-16 but the antagonist and Femara suppressed my estrogen too much which resulted in 0 eggs retrieved. My second cycle (conventional IVF) was 100IU Follistim (later added 50more IU) 50IU Menopur and Double Ovidrel. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 6 on day 3 and one grade B blastocyst on day 5 which was transferred but failed to implant. No eggs remained to be frozen.
The nurses are amazing and always helpful. They return calls and always happy to help
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Unfortunately I haven't had success but I believe this clinic consists of an amazing team. From secretaries to nurses and the doctor, they are very professional. They always help with any questions you have, fast and efficient. Always ask questions and if you don't understand, ask again. Ask for all your records, find out how you respond to certain medication, ask for explanation and stay informed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Very convenient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
$7000 for a mini IVF $8000 for conventional IVF
IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr. Hartog is understanding and loving. She tries to understand what happened in the past and see what she can do. She's willingly to help and succeed in getting you pregnant. Her staff are wonderful have any questions, they are willing to answer. I call the office twice a day if found something in research and ask about it and very understanding and i they don't know the answer they will found out. When my next doctor appointment, they are willginly to over and beyond for their patients.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American, Other
IUI, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
ASk her many questions and she has an asnwer. She very understanding and wll find the best treatment. Her first intake sessions are free before you start treatment which is nice. Many fertiliy clinics don't do that but love her office and so eger t help in anyway possible.
When first visit clinic, she was warm and undestanding. Never felt that with other fertiliy clinics. She made me matter and came with a plan me to get pregnant even though had three miscarriages previous before seeing her. Love my doctor.
We had discussed to use IUI but I decided to do IVF so I'm in the process o chosing a sperm donor for that produres.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chelsea Fertility of NYC. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
She was great. Help me with a sperm bank and went through the list of sperms to choose from sermbank in california
Deendng on the treatment it less an 10,000 dollars. IUI is 3000 and IVF is 8000 which I was in shocked.
Describe Beth Hartog's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
They prefer to do the best embryo transfer but if you want more than one embryo, it u to the doctor and patient in maning the prodres.
New York City
She [Dr. Beth Hartog] is conservative in the use of medicine...They found water in uterus on egg retrieval and didn’t decide to cancel the transfer. Only when I asked if they would check after the second ivf failure did they find the infection. The dr advised to go ahead with the transfer. Which in my opinion was poor judgment. I lost 3 perfect embryos. I asked them to check if the infection is gone after taking the antibiotics and they didn’t call to tell me that the lab lost th specimen. I am disappointed.
How was your experience with Beth Hartog at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?
Initially I had a baby with dr hartog and I was very happy but once I became a cash patient and wanted a second baby I fee that she didn’t use good judgment and hasn’t treated me as well. Although she has been helpful.
She is a good Dr but trust your gut
As a cash patient recently with dr Hartogs practice. Also with dr keltz.
She is conservative in the use of medicine.
Describe your experience with Chelsea Fertility of NYC.
Friendly and organized. Overall good clinic. I was happy with the clinic. Companionate. When I was feeling ill from an infection they weren’t helpful nor did they call to check on me. They were a wonderful clinic but once I became a cash patient they were not as thorough.
All initially was covered with insurance with some out of pocket costs. Once I became a cash patient I had to pay all costs.
What specific things went wrong at Chelsea Fertility of NYC?