Medical SchoolU. of Ohio
3165 McMullen Booth Road
Clearwater, FL 33761
5245 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Betsy McCormick to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Reproductive Medicine Group to a friend?
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at....We are in the process of deciding to do IVF.... She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.... The office staff [Reproductive Med Group] is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern, Other
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
We are in the process of deciding to do IVF. It is so expensive, and we are new to the area, with new jobs. So, our money situation has dropped significantly, but we have been battling infertility for 3 years now. She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Just ask questions, and she will answer them or get you to someone who can. She understands what we went through at our other clinic and is just so nice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at. The staff have followed up with me as well and have been great.
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
We are on the cusp of starting IVF if we can afford it. We do not have insurance that covers it.
Almost all the nurses have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day, but I know that everyone has their own bad days too, so didn't look too much into it.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible. Be sure to ask a lot of questions for your own particular situation. The office staff is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Costs were spelled out, since we do not have any insurance coverage for Fertility. HSG was $785. Appointments were around a couple hundred each time for bloodwork, consultation, etc. $150 for Semen Analysis. IVF was quoted at approx $26k for our situation.
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
They utilize eSET with frozen embryos at my age to protect myself and give a potential baby the best chance of birth.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. McCormick is very knowledgeable and kind. She explained all treatment options & her recommended course of treatment. The negative is you RARELY ever see her. You never also receive phone calls from her. Only the nurses.... Dr. McCormick suggested after all test results came back that we had unexplained infertility. I have PCOS and Stage 2 endometriosis. The doctor offered laparoscopic surgery to clear my tubes but they were not blocked after a hysteroscopy was performed with dye. She suggested we try IUI which we have done 2 times with femara and HCG trigger shot unsuccessfully my husband and I will try one more IUI and then we are moving on to IVF if unsuccessful. I am disappointed that the doctor would not increase my dosage of femara for our last IUI.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Be prepared to deal with mostly nurses.
The staff and nurses are great but rarely do you see the doctor. The doctor doesn't really call you directly.
The nurses at the South Tampa office are amazing. They are the primary ones that patients see regularly and they also perform IUI
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
the office is great it's very convenient with a multiple locations throughout the area. They accommodate you on Saturdays and Sundays if needed and do you have a brand new Surgical Center in one location. The doctors are knowledgeable and very good at what they do but the blue number one negative thing is that you don't interact with them enough. They do not return calls however the nurses do. Very compassionate kind and understanding
Extremely expensive. IUI range but typically cost about 800 cyclo. In vitro cost are typical for the area
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline...Very honest and informative approach.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline.
Do your own research so you come prepared to ask a lot of questions. She is very informative but there is so much information to digest so it is best to go into it somewhat educated.
Very honest and informative approach.
I started with 125 units of Gonal-F and one vial of Menopur for 4 days. I then continued that while adding in Cetrotide for 3 more nights. I then did 2 vials of Menopur with Cetrotide for 1 night and the following night was the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Renee )
The were very informative and quick to call back. Very organized and utilized an app portal which made it very easy to access my medical information, prescriptions, calendar, and instructions.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is clean and usually runs close to schedule. The office staff is nice and organized and quick to return calls. They have four offices conveniently located throughout Tampa and this comment goes for all of the offices.
When the transfer cycle is complete, we will be at an estimated $25,000.
I have not done my embryo transfer yet but she will only transfer one.
Clearwater
She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful...Although most of my numbers looked good, since my AMH was low she did not want to even try a cycle w my eggs. Recommended going immediately to donor eggs...She was very dismissive and the clinic overall seemed to have a problem with me pursuing becoming a single mother by choice
She was very dismissive. Seemed more concerned about the clinics success rates than me as a patient. They might be fine if you don't have a complex situation, but I got the feeling that she was only interested in how much money she could get without jeopardizing success rates.
She will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful.
Everyone at the Clearwater office was very nice, although they kept getting confused about me proceeding without a partner. The Tampa office was extremely negative about me being single.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I would not recommend this clinic if you are a single mother by choice.
I paid for the individual visits and all of the tests up front out of pocket, about $2000 without ever actually getting to an attempted cycle.
We did not get this far
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
2014 - 2017
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCormick was always extremely kind. We always understood her as she didn't just talk at us and use medical jargon. She made sure we were always on the same page with treatment and seemed to genuinely care.... She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
2014 - 2017
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Just that she always made us feel really comfortable.
Dr. McCormick was always very kind. She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
We're a two Mom family so we had to go to a fertility clinic to have a baby. I have PCOS so we knew that might complicate things. We also found my tubes were blocked the first time around so I had surgery to correct that. We then used letrozole for each IUI cycle. It took 4 tries to become pregnant with my son. The second time we also used letrozole and did IUI and I became pregnant on the first try!
Everyone on the nursing staff was kind and helpful.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the cost. We spend a few thousand dollars the first time and a few hundred the second.
Clearwater
Dr. McCormick was compassionate which we appreciated. We were disappointed that our treatments were not more aggressive when we were unable to get to where we needed to be for the most successful transfer in our eyes. After we had a failed pregnancy we were saddened that she would not suggest trying anything different for a second round....Overall she was very kind throughout the process and took time to meet with us when we had questions or concerns.
Dr. McCormick was compassionate which we appreciated. We were disappointed that our treatments were not more aggressive when we were unable to get to where we needed to be for the most successful transfer in our eyes. After we had a failed pregnancy we were saddened that she would not suggest trying anything different for a second round. We are not looking to seek out the same protocol and have found other doctors that are. Overall she was very kind throughout the process and took time to meet with us when we had questions or concerns.
Don't just find out what they can do. Find out what they will do when something isn't going according to plan.
Our feelings were taken into account with our doctor. The nursing staff wasn't as considerate.
We were disappointed with the staff. There were many times when we felt rushed by them or were sent from nurse to nurse to get a question answered. This can be tough to deal with when you're on the emotional IVF rollercoaster.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was timely in getting blood work and ultrasounds back. They also were very caring during our retrieval and transfer at the surgery center.
We only had one embryo to transfer however had we had more we were told they would only want to transfer one to eliminate multiple births during a first round of IVF.
Tampa
She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] is compassionate and the perfect person to be a RE. It takes a certain person to do the job, and she always delivers news in the way that you are able to understand. She explains procedures and testing with detail that is easily understood...She is down to earth... She always ask about how far I travel to see her and if my drive was ok.
She is compassionate and the perfect person to be a RE. It takes a certain person to do the job, and she always delivers news in the way that you are able to understand. She explains procedures and testing with detail that is easily understood.
You won’t be disappointed.
She is an amazing RE. She is down to earth and explains things in a very understanding way. She always ask about how far I travel to see her and if my drive was ok.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Noel )
Noel always was compassionate and caring. She always returns calls and made you feel like no question was too small to call for. She also did my IUI’s and explained everything in detail and was super supportive.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I go to the South Tampa office and everyone is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. From the front desk to the nurses to the ultrasound tech they all are really nice and helpful with any issues and with working around my schedule.
So far around $4000
The office gives a great document regarding the potential dangers of multiple vs single and the risks with each one in an easily understandable way.
Tampa
Don't expect to see the doctor every visit. You will have to schedule a separate appointment for that... Dr Mc. Cormick spoke with us very patiently. We never felt rushed nor felt like we were asking too many questions....Dr. McCormick was great. We just wish she was more involved with her patients instead of her nurses . You have to set an appointment to speak with her. Even email service is answered by the nurse
Dr Mc. Cormick spoke with us very patiently. We never felt rushed nor felt like we were asking too many questions. I only wish we saw her more and not the nurse
Very nice.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very accomdating at appointments and staff is very friendly. My only wish is that my specific clinic answered phones before 830. They have appointments prior but phone hours are after. Also wish there was an on call nurse to call.
What specific things went wrong at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Tampa
She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
She was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
Get a 2nd opinion, I feel the clinic over inflated the favorable results
Based on what I know know...we were given a higher success rate if we underwent ivf than was told by another clinic
Antagonist protocol. Icsi, pgs, Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
Since I didn't follow thru with treatment I didn't have much interaction with the nursing staff.although the little I did, they answered my millions of questions and seemed knowledgeable and on top of it
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very thorough, organized, many booklets/reading material for you to go over and gain knowledge, Dr was easy to get a hold of if needed. But I feel the favorable results were over inflated to gain a patient
All together for 1 round of ivf/icsi/pgs/ assisted hatching/ meds @22,000
She planned on transfering 2 embryos if possible...but the final goal was quality over quantity