Medical SchoolU. of Ohio
3165 McMullen Booth Road
Clearwater, FL 33761
5245 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33617
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Betsy McCormick to a friend?

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Reproductive Medicine Group to a friend?
[Dr. McCormick is] a huge source of knowledge. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’ll answer every single one with honesty... For IVF, we did the Antagonist Protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide) with a Lupron Trigger. For my age, I had amazing results. 15 follicles produced 15 mature eggs. 13 out of the 15 eggs fertilized. 10 of those became 5 day blastocysts. Those embryos were sent for PGT-A testing which resulted in 2 healthy embryos. At my age, Dr McCormick was thrilled with those results.
How was your experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She’s very caring. We always felt like a person. She was easy to talk to and was so relatable. She was always very honest with us based on age and other factors. While she was honest, we never felt like she couldn’t help us. On the contrary, she gave us hope. She put our minds at ease. We believed in her and we achieved our goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
She’s a huge source of knowledge. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’ll answer every single one with honesty.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group?
Dr McCormick is very personable. She was always very open and honest with my husband and I. She always made us felt at ease. We were never rushed. She spent as much time as we needed with her.
Describe the protocols Betsy McCormick used in your cycles at The Reproductive Medicine Group and their degree of success.
Our primary issue was mild male factor infertility. We were given the option to do either IUI or IVF. While she said that our chances were higher IVF, she understood my reservations. She never pushed. We started with Clomid 100mg first. I was an over responder and the cycle was cancelled due to a high risk of multiples. We did 3 other cycles of Femara at 2.5 mg. We were not successful. When we saw her for a consultation for next steps, she was very honest that IVF was the only option left to overcome to male factor issue. For IVF, we did the Antagonist Protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide) with a Lupron Trigger. For my age, I had amazing results. 15 follicles produced 15 mature eggs. 13 out of the 15 eggs fertilized. 10 of those became 5 day blastocysts. Those embryos were sent for PGT-A testing which resulted in 2 healthy embryos. At my age, Dr McCormick was thrilled with those results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
The nursing staff was amazing. All very caring and seemed genuinely invested in a good outcome for us. The IVF Coordinator and the ART Coordinators were amazing. I had constant access to information every step of the way.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Strengths -timeliness of appointments -ease of appointment scheduling -friendly staff -financial coordinators willing to advocate on your behalf with insurance. I’ve worked with 3 out of the 4 offices locations. While South Tampa was my ”home base”, The staff at Clearwater and North Tampa were great too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
We had insurance coverage for both IUI and IVF. Our insurance covered 80% of the cost of procedures. For IUI (including specimen collection and washing) it cost $45 per cycle. For IVF, our OOP costs including monitoring, bloodwork, surgery center, anesthesia and physician fees for both egg retrieval and embryo transfer was approximately $5,000.
Describe Betsy McCormick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
RMG will only do eSET. It’s less risky and yields better results.
Tampa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Betsy McCormick at The Reproductive Medicine Group.

I felt that Dr. McCormick didn't address all of my needs. She diagnosed me with Hashimoto's only after I pushed to get more thyroid testing. She didn't discuss any plan to address the Hashimoto's once pregnant. I think she is knowledgeable about certain things, but autoimmune disorders were not among those things. Also during testing I had intense anxiety about repeating my HSG, but she would not budge because we were barely over a year since my last one. It felt like she was more concerned with following a textbook than looking at my individual needs as a person. And in the end my tubes were STILL clear just as I suspected.
Consider your own individual needs and if Dr. McCormick is the right fit. I've met people who loved her, but in the end, she wasn't right for what I need.
Of all of the people I interacted with (doctor, ivf coordinator, nurse, front desk) I felt cared about by the nurse. The nurse Tiffany was great. On the other hand, I always felt like the ivf coordinator Heather was annoyed with me - not a great way to go through such a difficult experience.
She recommended IVF with ICSI due male factor issues. Also recommended PGT because of previous miscarriage due to chromosomal issues. We didn't continue with her, but have followed these same recommendations with new doctor. She didn't address Hashimoto's - but new doctor (Dr. Skinner in Barbados) has plan to help address this to reduce chances of miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany (nurse) was great! Heather (IVF coordinator was always annoyed with me))
Worked with Tiffany throughout testing - she was so warm and caring and compassionate. Heather was IVF coordinator. Did not like her at all. She always acted annoyed with me. Felt treated as a child (i.e. "if I don't these results by this date I'll have to cancel your appointment" when there was no reason to think I wouldn't get her past results).
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Front desk staff at South Tampa office are not very warm. They continued to spell my husbands name wrong in different ways, despite correcting this many times. I always called the North Tampa office to schedule because they were easier to work with. Felt that plan for testing was not communicated well - ended up scrambling for tests that we hadn't been told about in order to be able to keep scheduled appointments. Frustrating.
Expensive. We were planning to pay close to 30k for a multi try plan where you get two tries with egg retrieval and unlimited transfers.
She recommends always doing single embryo transfer. Not open to multiple embryo transfer.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCormick has always treated me with honesty and respect. She has always made me feel comfortable and has always listened to any questions or concerns that I may have.... As soon as she saw me she had a game plan. First was to go over my previous hsg that I had done before seeing her. Second was a saline sono to see if she could see my septate uterus. Third was surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) to fix my septate uterus, remove a cyst, polyps, remove endometriosis, flush out Fallopian tubes, and make sure everything looked good.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Before I got to Dr. McCormick I got the run around from my regular obgyn and can to this clinic frustrated and feeling helpless but as soon as I got my appointment with Dr McCormick she had a game plan set out and got the ball rolling quickly. Ever since I’ve been treated by her I’ve found more answers to my questions and felt at ease which I’ve found to be very important when it comes to infertility. Dr. McCormick has the sweetest disposition even commenting on my pretty toe nail polish, I have always felt at ease with her and trust her with my care
Ask as many questions as you want because she is very knowledgeable and will put you at ease by having an answer.
As soon as she saw me she had a game plan. First was to go over my previous hsg that I had done before seeing her. Second was a saline sono to see if she could see my septate uterus. Third was surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) to fix my septate uterus, remove a cyst, polyps, remove endometriosis, flush out Fallopian tubes, and make sure everything looked good. Then we waited and started 2 rounds of iuis. After second iui failed she ordered a second saline sonogram to find the polyps had grown back so she ordered another surgery to which I just recovered from and started my 3rd iui
The nursing staff are very friendly and understanding, I have always felt comfortable and extremely happy with their care
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The only down side I can think of is you can get any office when you call, not necessarily the office you intended on calling.. other than that it’s great and they always know what’s going on and you never have to wait a long time
Iuis run around $800

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
We started with testing and getting periodic blood tests to check my thyroid levels. She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] found an irregularity with my thyroid and added medication for that. After 4 failed IUIs we tried a different fertility pill and adjusted when to trigger. In consultation she laid out all of our options and even though IVF was next logical step understood we wanted to give it a few more tries with IUI and adjusted meds for better results.
European, Middle Eastern
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
We do not see Dr. McCormick every visit, only during consultations. We don’t need her every time because the staff is very knowledgeable and explains what each test is for, what the results are and what they mean for us moving forward. I trust that she is prescribing us the best treatment available to us and what will work for us.
Ask all of the questions.
no Information was given to us in the form of “brochure information” everything was very specific to our situation, age, bodies, what works best for us. The front office has had many three-way calls with our insurance and translated what they were saying into terms we could understand and for our situation.
We started with testing and getting periodic blood tests to check my thyroid levels. She found an irregularity with my thyroid and added medication for that. After 4 failed IUIs we tried a different fertility pill and adjusted when to trigger. In consultation she laid out all of our options and even though IVF was next logical step understood we wanted to give it a few more tries with IUI and adjusted meds for better results.
Very knowledgeable and know who they’re working with in the moment. They can always give me information about what’s currently going on.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Knowledgeable staff. Keep us in the know. Thoroughly explain all of our options and suggested course of actions, allowing us time to discuss our options privately before moving forward although willing to push us towards best options for best results.
Everything for us was out of pocket. However talking with other couples going through the same, considerably less expensive. Iui has been $375. Each sonogram has been $150
This clinics policy is single embryo transfer. They do genetic testing in all embryos and have an 80% success rate.
Clearwater

Out of the seven months I spent receiving treatment for infertility I only saw Dr. McCormick twice. This included the initial consultation and then the very last sit down to tell us our 5 IUIs have failed and we should move on to IVF. Seven months and I spent a total of 30 minutes with my doctor. She never once performed a procedure or IUI (always a nurse). She never stopped in during an ultrasound to explain things or simply check on us. Not once. Every month we were left with questions and not knowing how we should handle the next month. Where was my doctor to help us understand? I really don’t know.
If you’re not sure of the details/extent of your infertility and sincerely want to figure it out and bring home a baby, find a doctor who actually spends some time on your unique case and helps you figure it out. This doctor will not be Betsy McCormick.
Out of the seven months I spent receiving fertility treatment, my husband and I only met with the doctor twice, totaling about 30 minutes for both visits. This includes the initial consultation and the final sit down letting us know we’ve had 5 failed IUIs and should move on to IVF. 30 minutes with my doctor in seven months for one of the most important steps in our life. Where was she?
Right off the bat after my bloodwork showed low AMH Dr. McCormick recommenced IVF. We could not afford it so we opted to try IUI cycles with Clomid. My first cycle of treatment I was prescribed 100mg of Clomid (2 pills) one a day for 5 days. I was then brought in for an ultrasound about 8 days later where it showed my body was producing 3 mature follicles and was ready for a shot of Ovidrel the next day. The IUI was then performed 2 days later. This failed, and next month went exactly the same except the doctor decreased the dosage to 50mg of Clomid (1 pill) everyday for 5 days due to the amount of mature follicles it helped produce. This was all told to the nurse and not me. Same timeline of ultrasound (still showed 3 mature follicles), Ovidrel shot and IUI. This failed as well. No changes were made to this plan for the next 3 cycles we completed. All produced the same results and all failed. It was only after the 5th failed IUI that Dr. McCormick scheduled us for another consultation to tell us they obviously didn’t work and our next step should be IVF.
Nurses were great for the most part. I saw a different nurse every visit so things were sometimes explained differently each time. They did all of the work- IUIs, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc. Most were kind and seemed happy to help.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is quite large and has multiple locations. This makes it easy for scheduling and necessary weekend procedures. There is more than one doctor and others may be great, I’m not sure. I got the feeling from my doctor that they care a lot about the money they’re receiving and that’s it. I was told by their financial coordinator that they charge $26,000 for one cycle of IVF. This seems a bit more expensive than other clinics and I’m not sure why. When I asked about grants or other opportunities available to help with the cost, the financial coordinator told me she didn’t know of any to recommend. So I would also highly suggest to be prepared financially before seeking help from this clinic.
Each appointment was $50. Ultrasounds to check follicle development were $125 I believe. IUI procedure was $350 I believe. Medications were always separate. Trigger shot (Ovidrel) was provided by a mail order pharmacy. The rest (Clomid) I could get at my preferred pharmacy.

Other, Unexplained
She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] is not personable or compassionate at all. she just goes by statistics, physiology, and averages. She gives zero hope to someone who is desperate to have a child. She blames age as being the absolute end to possible positive outcomes and pushes for IVF too much. I had to push back and almost demand to try IUI since i do not have the funds for IVF at that clinic as they are outrageous in cost and they will not price match. They have cost saving options but only if you are under a certain age.
Other, Unexplained
She is not personable or compassionate at all. she just goes by statistics, physiology, and averages. She gives zero hope to someone who is desperate to have a child. She blames age as being the absolute end to possible positive outcomes and pushes for IVF too much. I had to push back and almost demand to try IUI since i do not have the funds for IVF at that clinic as they are outrageous in cost and they will not price match. They have cost saving options but only if you are under a certain age.
Make sure you tell her what you want to try. Do not let her bully you into going straight to IVF and demand ALL the tests.
She seems to follow the same protocol for all patients. A friend and I both went to RMG and both got same treatment plan, timing, and dosage of medications. I feel like I was not treated specifically to my case but instead as national average. I have a shorter cycle and she still treated me as if i have a 28 day cycle.
She did not go over treatment protocols with me. The nurses did. They prescribed a baseline ultrasound, 100mg Clomid, a mid-cycle ultrasound, Ovidrel trigger shot, then IUI 36 to 48 hours later
I feel the nurses do a much better job showing compassion than the doctors. Nurses will take the time and sit with me and answer every question in detail. They showed that they cared.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I do not have any complaints about the clinic. However I feel like their equipment might be a little outdated. their ultrasound machines, especially the monitors were old. It would also be nice to have the sonograms on a screen visible to the patient.
Diagnostic labs and ultrasounds are covered by my insurance. IUI procedure was out of pocket and consisted of the following. Baseline ultrasound $155.00 Clomid $35.00 Mid-cycle ultrasound $155.00 each. IUI procedure including sperm ash $375.00. IVF cost was quoted to me at approx $26,000. (I cannot afford this so I did not do it)

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr McCormick is fantastic! She makes me feel very comfortable and relaxed. She is very knowledgable and explains things in a clear understandable way. Dr. McCormick is very skilled at establishing trust and care upon our first meeting. I felt like I was in the right hands and felt very fortunate to have such a thoughtful, caring and skilled doctor.... During first cycle there were no eggs and the during the second cycle the eggs were still not being produced so the mefication was increased which eneded producing 24 eggs for retrival.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr McCormick is fantastic! She makes me feel very comfortable and relaxed. She is very knowledgable and explains things in a clear understandable way. Dr. McCormick is very skilled at establishing trust and care upon our first meeting. I felt like I was in the right hands and felt very fortunate to have such a thoughtful, caring and skilled doctor. She was very thorough and clear with the process and our options. I cannot stress enough how thoughtful and kind Dr. McCormick is which is greatly needed during a sensitive and uncertain time.
To be patient with the process as it is a long road for many.
Due to the care given to us as patients. She made sure we understood everything and kept as up to date with everything.
During first cycle there were no eggs and the during the second cycle the eggs were still not being produced so the mefication was increased which eneded producing 24 eggs for retrival. First transfer did not take so a scratch was done which caused a positive pregnancy but ended in a misscarieg
Everyone has been really caring and empathetic through the whole process. Always positive knowledgeable, smiling and friendly. We were provided with all of the information we needed to have an effective treatment plan and we conceived on our first IUI treatment! I highly suggest anyone having fertility issues come here. Dr. McCormick was wonderful.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
All of my experience has been positive. Every single person has been amazing, from the front desk, nurses, ultrasound techs, and doctors. We always looked forward to coming into the office no matter the situation, as we were treated like people and not patients. We are so thankful for the care we have received.
Approximately $40,000 which so far covered 2 cycles, 1 egg retrieval. 2 egg tranfers and medication

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Mccormick is truly amazing. She cares deeply... It’s been very frustrating and you can see when she doesn’t get the outcome we wanted she is like a sister and right next to you. I really do not have a negative thing to say. Sometime I don’t get answers I want but it’s has nothing to do with her... For each one she has add a medication or up the dosage. She has add things in that should help. Example my second attempt for egg retrieval I was told I would have to stop the next day if my eggs didn’t grow.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
It’s been very frustrating and you can see when she doesn’t get the outcome we wanted she is like a sister and right next to you. I really do not have a negative thing to say. Sometime I don’t get answers I want but it’s has nothing to do with her. I am just very impatient person and want answers right away.
She cares, you feel like a person and not a patient. She will see me at any point and never questions my silly questions. Never makes me feel like I am acting crazy or being silly.
Dr Mccormick is truly amazing. She cares deeply and she knows things about me drs shouldn’t know about there patients. I have never seen this in a dr.
For each one she has add a medication or up the dosage. She has add things in that should help. Example my second attempt for egg retrieval I was told I would have to stop the next day if my eggs didn’t grow. They had me take another double dose of a medication woke up the next day and my eggs where 75% better. After my first transfer didn’t work the did a scratch test and also dC to clean everything. Also add baby asprine. It worked but then lost it at 6 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I really love this place, I spoken to many people that have used them and have babies. Each person has a different story but the number one thing said is that they are so happy they came to this clinic.
So far my husband have spent around 40,000 this is on 2 egg retrieval’s one not being a success. A lot of extra money on medications. 2 transfers one not working and the second one ended in a miscriage
Clearwater

Overall she [Dr. McCormick] is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer...She was very kind but not as direct of a communicator as I would like. Additionally we were not aware of her scheduled vacation during our treatment and had to postpone transfer because of it... I was also never told that IVF babies are at a higher risk of heart abnormalities until I was sent to a specialist during my pregnancy. I would have liked to known this up front.
She was very kind but not as direct of a communicator as I would like. Additionally we were not aware of her scheduled vacation during our treatment and had to postpone transfer because of it. To speed up the process we ultimately had Dr. Tarantino perform our transfer. This still pushed my son’s birthday into Jan of the next year, costing us over $5k of additional medical expenses. I was also never told that IVF babies are at a higher risk of heart abnormalities until I was sent to a specialist during my pregnancy. I would have liked to known this up front. Overall she is a good doctor and we achieved the results we wanted and will do another transfer.
More direct communication and provide medical details when reviewing recommendations and test results. Many women do extensive research on he IVF process and want to know the specifics of their hormone levels, number of follicles, etc. Don’t assume we don’t understand this info.
Dr McCormick was very kind
I don’t remember all the specifics. But I think I took menopur and gonal-f then added cetrotide towards then end. I can’t remember my trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
They were all caring and wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was great. My only wish would be to open one in St Pete as they are only in the Tampa side of town. The retrieval clinic was clean and well run and the nurses for my retrieval were amazing.
We spent over $30k for our IVF treatment. This includes medicine but excludes the several thousands we spent on IUIs before that.
I was comfortable with my doctors approach
Tampa

Dr. McCormick was super professional yet very welcoming. After my initial consultation where all of my testing and blood work was ordered, Dr. McCormick sat down with me and took the time to go over every result. She explained what she thought was my best option to start with but also gave me other options that may work if I did not want to proceed with medications. I felt very taken care of!
Dr. McCormick was very professional, had an amazing bedside manner and informative. I felt like I was in good hands from the moment I first walked in to the office and every appointment after. She did not pressure me to choose a certain path but was confident in her recommendations.
Schedule now, don't wait!
I was previously treated by an ob/gyn that was trained in "super ovulation" and IUIs. I went to her for about a year and had a total of 6 very painful IUIs. She would never give an reasoning for my treatment or the medications she wanted me to take and it almost felt like she was guessing. I regret waiting so long to establish with Dr. McCormick at RMG. Dr. McCormick told me at my consultation she did not think I was quite at the IVF stage (my previous doctor had recommended) since my past IUIs were so painful and my left tube was closed. My previous doctor was not monitoring my follicles prior to any of my IUIs either. She started me with Femara 5mg CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger shot. I have had 2 PAIN-FREE IUIs with a confirmed mature follicle on the right side (yayyy) but unfortunately both resulted in big fat negatives. I currently have a consultation scheduled with Dr. McCormick in early October to discuss IVF.
The nursing staff is always pleasant and well prepared. I feel every question I have asked was answered in full and I was never left wondering about anything! This is a very tedious and technical process to go through with hundreds of potential questions and scenarios. The nursing staff is well educated and takes care of their patients.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
One of my favorite things about this practice is their Patient Portal with app capabilities. I am able to see all of my results, appointment reminders, bills due and even message withe the staff (they are always quick to respond!). I usually show up to my ultrasound appointments 30 minutes to an hour early and they almost ALWAYS take me right back. Everyone is very welcoming, beginning at the front desk. I think the only weakness I would say is I had to wait 3 weeks for my initial consultation, I wish I could have gotten in sooner but other than that everything has been perfect so far.
Everything goes towards my deductible so I have had to pay for everything out of pocket.
Tampa

Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at....We are in the process of deciding to do IVF.... She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.... The office staff [Reproductive Med Group] is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern, Other
We are in the process of deciding to do IVF. It is so expensive, and we are new to the area, with new jobs. So, our money situation has dropped significantly, but we have been battling infertility for 3 years now. She has been such a good listener and explains things so well, when this can all feel so very overwhelming.
Just ask questions, and she will answer them or get you to someone who can. She understands what we went through at our other clinic and is just so nice.
Dr. McCormick is so knowledgeable, gentle and kind. So far, I have truly enjoyed the process with her, especially compared to the last group I was at. The staff have followed up with me as well and have been great.
We are on the cusp of starting IVF if we can afford it. We do not have insurance that covers it.
Almost all the nurses have been great. Just one or two seemed uninterested or annoyed at their day, but I know that everyone has their own bad days too, so didn't look too much into it.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Great locations convenient to all parts of town, there are 4 to pick from. Love that they have their own surgery center and the doctors and IVF conference they put on were incredible. Be sure to ask a lot of questions for your own particular situation. The office staff is amazing. Dr. McCormick truly cares about you, and Dr. Goodman seems fantastic also.
Costs were spelled out, since we do not have any insurance coverage for Fertility. HSG was $785. Appointments were around a couple hundred each time for bloodwork, consultation, etc. $150 for Semen Analysis. IVF was quoted at approx $26k for our situation.
They utilize eSET with frozen embryos at my age to protect myself and give a potential baby the best chance of birth.

2014 - 2017
Dr. McCormick was thoughtful, kind, soft spoken, and really willing to listen to me and my concerns instead of sort of talking over me or treating me as if I didn't have any idea what I was talking about, as I feel a lot of doctors in this profession do. I really enjoyed working with her. And it did feel more like a partnership, which was awesome...Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed.
2014 - 2017
I would say that I think she really tried to work with you and listen to you, so if you have a concern or an idea, to bring it up to her.
I wasn't always thrilled with her staff, as sometimes they felt dismissive. But Dr. McCormick herself was always very thoughtful in her approach, she felt like she was really listening to you as an individual, not just a generic female fertility patient. She also allowed me to make choices for my care that were not necessarily her first choice, but she was willing to honor what I felt would be best (and as it turned out, I was right in my case).
In my case, our issue was male factor infertility. My test results all came back okay so our first plan of action was to try IUI. Dr. McCormick said I could try without any fertility drugs and just time my cycle, or, as she was recommending, we could use clomid, etc., for a better result. She was definitely in favor of this option, so I agreed to try that. We had four cycles of clomid/IUI that were failures. From what I could tell, the clomid made me push out extra eggs but thinned out my uterine lining so much that nothing could implant. I can't say 100% what the problem but I believe that was it. So Dr. McCormick was going to recommend we try another type of drug, but I was reluctant to do that. Since my tests came back okay I wanted to try the IUIs a few times with no fertility drugs and just timing my ovulation. I could tell that she wasn't super hopeful about option, but she agreed. I really respected that she listened to my concerns and allowed me to pursue what I thought was best for me. And that first IUI without any fertility drugs resulted in my first child! It was so wonderful. When it came time to try for a sibling, I re-took all the fertility tests and things came back okay, so I again told her I would like to try IUI with no fertility drugs, since that worked last time. She agreed, and the first try was successful again and resulted in my second child! So thankful to them, because without them I wouldn't have this beautiful family.
The nurse who performed the actual IUI was very nice, although it was pretty painful every time but one. The staff at the North Tampa office were all very welcoming and nice. Some of the staff at the Clearwater office could be pretty dismissive. In particular was a technician who would perform the ultrasounds to see how many eggs were maturing, but I believe she no longer works there. The people in the front office were generally pretty friendly and nice to deal with it. There was a male technician who worked in the lab there in the office who was a little rude to me. It's just tough in that situation because you're so stressed and worried, and this is the thing you want more than anything else in the world, so when someone is less than kind, it stings.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Overall, the clinics are nice and the staff is friendly, particularly at the north Tampa office. At times I found some members of the staff to be dismissive or impatient, and that can be unpleasant. but overall they were professional and kind.
Almost all of my testing was covered by insurance. Then they carefully explained the costs of the procedures to me, which were not covered. It was very clear.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. McCormick is very knowledgeable and kind. She explained all treatment options & her recommended course of treatment. The negative is you RARELY ever see her. You never also receive phone calls from her. Only the nurses.... Dr. McCormick suggested after all test results came back that we had unexplained infertility. I have PCOS and Stage 2 endometriosis. The doctor offered laparoscopic surgery to clear my tubes but they were not blocked after a hysteroscopy was performed with dye. She suggested we try IUI which we have done 2 times with femara and HCG trigger shot unsuccessfully my husband and I will try one more IUI and then we are moving on to IVF if unsuccessful. I am disappointed that the doctor would not increase my dosage of femara for our last IUI.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Be prepared to deal with mostly nurses.
The staff and nurses are great but rarely do you see the doctor. The doctor doesn't really call you directly.
The nurses at the South Tampa office are amazing. They are the primary ones that patients see regularly and they also perform IUI
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
the office is great it's very convenient with a multiple locations throughout the area. They accommodate you on Saturdays and Sundays if needed and do you have a brand new Surgical Center in one location. The doctors are knowledgeable and very good at what they do but the blue number one negative thing is that you don't interact with them enough. They do not return calls however the nurses do. Very compassionate kind and understanding
Extremely expensive. IUI range but typically cost about 800 cyclo. In vitro cost are typical for the area

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline...Very honest and informative approach.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She was very knowledgeable and did not push unnecessary procedures on us. She remained positive but realistic when setting expectations. She knew with my PCOS that a fresh transfer would not be as successful so the decision to do frozen was made well ahead of time so we knew what to expect with the timeline.
Do your own research so you come prepared to ask a lot of questions. She is very informative but there is so much information to digest so it is best to go into it somewhat educated.
Very honest and informative approach.
I started with 125 units of Gonal-F and one vial of Menopur for 4 days. I then continued that while adding in Cetrotide for 3 more nights. I then did 2 vials of Menopur with Cetrotide for 1 night and the following night was the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Renee )
The were very informative and quick to call back. Very organized and utilized an app portal which made it very easy to access my medical information, prescriptions, calendar, and instructions.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic is clean and usually runs close to schedule. The office staff is nice and organized and quick to return calls. They have four offices conveniently located throughout Tampa and this comment goes for all of the offices.
When the transfer cycle is complete, we will be at an estimated $25,000.
I have not done my embryo transfer yet but she will only transfer one.
Clearwater

I have gone through 3 cycles [with Dr. Betsy McCormick] and we’ve only been able to do 1 IUI so far. The first round I took Clomid and had every side effect possible. We were unsuccessful. The second round we tried Femara and my eggs were not maturing so we never tried for a second IUI. During my 3rd cycle my period was 2 weeks late. We are hoping to be able try again next month.
I was told she was one of the best. She helped several people we know so we’re putting our faith in her. This is a very emotional journey. Nothing can really prepare you for it mentally. Currently it’s not going as we hoped, but this is at no fault of our doctor’s.
Compile a list of all your questions before each consult.
I have gone through 3 cycles and we’ve only been able to do 1 IUI so far. The first round I took Clomid and had every side effect possible. We were unsuccessful. The second round we tried Femara and my eggs were not maturing so we never tried for a second IUI. During my 3rd cycle my period was 2 weeks late. We are hoping to be able try again next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Heather )
I really like Heather. She has a way of explaining things and she puts me at ease.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I wish it was easier to get through to the Clearwater location by phone. I also wish they would do IUI’s there 5 days a week. I do like that office and it’s staff a lot though. The location is very convenient. The office is clean and everyone is pleasant and professional.
We have probably spent close to $10,000 already. Unfortunately we are paying for most of it out of pocket.
Clearwater
I felt that i was rushed into scheduling an IUI without a proper diagnosis [by Dr. Betsy McCormick]...is very knowledgeable. However, she failed to monitor my IUIs as I think she should. I had 3 failed IUIs under her care. I had to repeat several sonograms because they scheduled my visit at wrong dates. Each sonogram was $150. I was paying out of pockets since my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. The IUIs cost more than expected.
Investor
Dr. McCormick is very knowledgeable. However, she failed to monitor my IUIs as I think she should. I had 3 failed IUIs under her care. I had to repeat several sonograms because they scheduled my visit at wrong dates. Each sonogram was $150. I was paying out of pockets since my insurance does not cover fertility treatments. The IUIs cost more than expected.
Do your research before you go to this doctor and if you do decide to go see her, make sure you get a diagnosis before starting any treatment.
I felt that i was rushed into scheduling an IUI without a proper diagnosis. I felt this doctor and clinic are more concern on how much money they can bring in, than helping people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The care coordinator was very professional and attentive. She made herself available at all times. The nurse that performed my IUIs was pregnant and she wasn't in the best mood but I was understanding.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
This clinic has several locations which is very convenient. However, scheduling an appointment for some reason is not as convenient. I think it has to do with the many patients they see. Also, the procedures are only done in the Fletcher location.
Tampa

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful...Although most of my numbers looked good, since my AMH was low she did not want to even try a cycle w my eggs. Recommended going immediately to donor eggs...She was very dismissive and the clinic overall seemed to have a problem with me pursuing becoming a single mother by choice
She was very dismissive. Seemed more concerned about the clinics success rates than me as a patient. They might be fine if you don't have a complex situation, but I got the feeling that she was only interested in how much money she could get without jeopardizing success rates.
She will order every possible test up front and if the situation looks complex she will not be sympathetic or helpful.
Everyone at the Clearwater office was very nice, although they kept getting confused about me proceeding without a partner. The Tampa office was extremely negative about me being single.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I would not recommend this clinic if you are a single mother by choice.
I paid for the individual visits and all of the tests up front out of pocket, about $2000 without ever actually getting to an attempted cycle.
We did not get this far

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCormick was always extremely kind. We always understood her as she didn't just talk at us and use medical jargon. She made sure we were always on the same page with treatment and seemed to genuinely care.... She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Just that she always made us feel really comfortable.
Dr. McCormick was always very kind. She took the time to get to know me and my wife and made us feel like we were well cared for. I even ran into her when I was on maternity leave after my son was born and she knew exactly who we were.
We're a two Mom family so we had to go to a fertility clinic to have a baby. I have PCOS so we knew that might complicate things. We also found my tubes were blocked the first time around so I had surgery to correct that. We then used letrozole for each IUI cycle. It took 4 tries to become pregnant with my son. The second time we also used letrozole and did IUI and I became pregnant on the first try!
Everyone on the nursing staff was kind and helpful.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the cost. We spend a few thousand dollars the first time and a few hundred the second.
Clearwater

Dr. McCormick was compassionate which we appreciated. We were disappointed that our treatments were not more aggressive when we were unable to get to where we needed to be for the most successful transfer in our eyes. After we had a failed pregnancy we were saddened that she would not suggest trying anything different for a second round....Overall she was very kind throughout the process and took time to meet with us when we had questions or concerns.
Dr. McCormick was compassionate which we appreciated. We were disappointed that our treatments were not more aggressive when we were unable to get to where we needed to be for the most successful transfer in our eyes. After we had a failed pregnancy we were saddened that she would not suggest trying anything different for a second round. We are not looking to seek out the same protocol and have found other doctors that are. Overall she was very kind throughout the process and took time to meet with us when we had questions or concerns.
Don't just find out what they can do. Find out what they will do when something isn't going according to plan.
Our feelings were taken into account with our doctor. The nursing staff wasn't as considerate.
We were disappointed with the staff. There were many times when we felt rushed by them or were sent from nurse to nurse to get a question answered. This can be tough to deal with when you're on the emotional IVF rollercoaster.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
The clinic was timely in getting blood work and ultrasounds back. They also were very caring during our retrieval and transfer at the surgery center.
We only had one embryo to transfer however had we had more we were told they would only want to transfer one to eliminate multiple births during a first round of IVF.
Tampa

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] is compassionate and the perfect person to be a RE. It takes a certain person to do the job, and she always delivers news in the way that you are able to understand. She explains procedures and testing with detail that is easily understood...She is down to earth... She always ask about how far I travel to see her and if my drive was ok.
She is compassionate and the perfect person to be a RE. It takes a certain person to do the job, and she always delivers news in the way that you are able to understand. She explains procedures and testing with detail that is easily understood.
You won’t be disappointed.
She is an amazing RE. She is down to earth and explains things in a very understanding way. She always ask about how far I travel to see her and if my drive was ok.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Noel )
Noel always was compassionate and caring. She always returns calls and made you feel like no question was too small to call for. She also did my IUI’s and explained everything in detail and was super supportive.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
I go to the South Tampa office and everyone is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. From the front desk to the nurses to the ultrasound tech they all are really nice and helpful with any issues and with working around my schedule.
So far around $4000
The office gives a great document regarding the potential dangers of multiple vs single and the risks with each one in an easily understandable way.
Tampa

Don't expect to see the doctor every visit. You will have to schedule a separate appointment for that... Dr Mc. Cormick spoke with us very patiently. We never felt rushed nor felt like we were asking too many questions....Dr. McCormick was great. We just wish she was more involved with her patients instead of her nurses . You have to set an appointment to speak with her. Even email service is answered by the nurse
Dr Mc. Cormick spoke with us very patiently. We never felt rushed nor felt like we were asking too many questions. I only wish we saw her more and not the nurse
Very nice.
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very accomdating at appointments and staff is very friendly. My only wish is that my specific clinic answered phones before 830. They have appointments prior but phone hours are after. Also wish there was an on call nurse to call.
Tampa

She [Dr. Betsy McCormick] was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
She was very through, attentive, educated, took the time to answer questions, I felt she was genuine. Although I feel the expected results were over inflated vs another clinics more realistic results. She always replied promptly to calls and messages. Overall her personality, demeanor and skills were great
Get a 2nd opinion, I feel the clinic over inflated the favorable results
Based on what I know know...we were given a higher success rate if we underwent ivf than was told by another clinic
Antagonist protocol. Icsi, pgs, Ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Reproductive Medicine Group. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
Since I didn't follow thru with treatment I didn't have much interaction with the nursing staff.although the little I did, they answered my millions of questions and seemed knowledgeable and on top of it
Describe your experience with The Reproductive Medicine Group.
Very thorough, organized, many booklets/reading material for you to go over and gain knowledge, Dr was easy to get a hold of if needed. But I feel the favorable results were over inflated to gain a patient
All together for 1 round of ivf/icsi/pgs/ assisted hatching/ meds @22,000
She planned on transfering 2 embryos if possible...but the final goal was quality over quantity