Medical SchoolU. of Virginia
ResidencyEmory
FellowshipYale
2601 Lake Dr
Raleigh, NC 27607
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bill Meyer to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolina Conceptions to a friend?
Dr. Meyer did my retrieval and we ended up getting 10 eggs, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. From there we ended up freezing 5 embryos...very straightforward and to the point, but he's also a kind person. He would allow me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and I never felt rushed. Once after asking some questions, he sent me home with a couple of articles to read on the subject. I really appreciated feeling like I was very well informed on what was going to happen. He was also very quick at responding to email, always the same day. During my stimulation, one of my ovaries wasn't responding as well as I would have liked. I spoke to Dr. Meyer and he said he would do my monitoring the next day himself, and we ended up extending the injections by one day to try to give some of my eggs one more day to catch up. I appreciated that he was flexible and willing to work with me.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very straightforward and to the point, but he's also a kind person. He would allow me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and I never felt rushed. Once after asking some questions, he sent me home with a couple of articles to read on the subject. I really appreciated feeling like I was very well informed on what was going to happen. He was also very quick at responding to email, always the same day. During my stimulation, one of my ovaries wasn't responding as well as I would have liked. I spoke to Dr. Meyer and he said he would do my monitoring the next day himself, and we ended up extending the injections by one day to try to give some of my eggs one more day to catch up. I appreciated that he was flexible and willing to work with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is a wealth of knowledge.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
At each of my sit down visits with him, Doctor Meyer came out to get me from the waiting room himself. If I would pass him during a monitoring only visit, he would always say hi to me and ask how I was doing. I really appreciated this.
Describe the protocols Bill Meyer used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
We did an antagonist protocol which included Gonal-F, Menopur, and cetrotide because of my higher AMH. I did a dual Lupron and HCG trigger because I was at risk for overstimulation. One of my ovaries responded better than the other, and so Dr. Meyer extended the stimulation by a day to try and let the other ovary catch up. Dr. Meyer did my retrieval and we ended up getting 10 eggs, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. From there we ended up freezing 5 embryos.
The nursing staff was excellent. I had most of my monitoring appointments with Shannon and she was very friendly and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is a large practice with many team members, but I liked all of the ones I met. You have a primary doctor, but for things that can't be scheduled like egg retrieval, you may have a different doctor performing the procedure. I mainly saw Dr. Meyer and Dr. Bowling during IVF, and I liked both of them a lot. The front desk staff is excellent, as are the financial coordinators and the practice manager, Nikki.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions.
I believe one IVF cycle was quoted around $10,500, not including monitoring or medication. PGS testing was $3,500 for the biopsy.
Describe Bill Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
For me, Dr. Meyer strongly recommended only transferring a single embryo due to the high risk nature of becoming pregnant with multiples.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
For my most recent round of IVF [with Dr. Meyer] in addition to the above medications I also took pentoxifyline to help with blood flow/circulation. Attempt 1-3 were all single embryo (pgs tested) transfers (day 5 embryos). The 4th attempt we transferred 2 (pgs) day 5 and day 6 embryos. Both embryos took for a successful cycle....It really felt like he was deeply invested in our care. We always felt as though we got the best information possible in kindest manner. I always felt like more than a patient.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Even through multiple treatments Dr. Meyer always made us feel very confident that we could tackle whatever came next. He is very knowledgable and honest and we really appreciated that. Regardless of the procedure or test or treatment he always made sure we understood the process and that I was comfortable. He is very quick to respond when we needed something or just had a question or even just to ease nerves. My husband and I really liked that he is honest and straight forward. We are so sad to leave his care but extremely happy to have been his patient and to have success with his care.
Trust him and know he is always on your side!
Dr. Meyer and all other nurses and staff were very helpful through every step of the journey. It really felt like he was deeply invested in our care. We always felt as though we got the best information possible in kindest manner. I always felt like more than a patient.
I do not remember too much about treatments before we began our FET cycles. However with FET; cycles started with birth control for a couple weeks, then estrogen pills daily, PIO (initially 1ml but then raised to 2 on most recent cycle) for about 5 days before the embryo transfer. The first 2 cycles for us also consisted of a steroid however they changed their protocol and no longer use the steroid. I also took low dose aspirin once I began the PIO. For my most recent round of IVF in addition to the above medications I also took pentoxifyline to help with blood flow/circulation. Attempt 1-3 were all single embryo (pgs tested) transfers (day 5 embryos). The 4th attempt we transferred 2 (pgs) day 5 and day 6 embryos. Both embryos took for a successful cycle. FET 1 - Miscarriage FET 2 - Negative FET 3 - Negative ERA FET 4 - Positive/ Twins
Nurse at Carolina Conceptions were always SO friendly and were just as invested in my care as Dr. Meyer. They always returned calls or emails very promptly. I never had to worry about not having refills on medication in time. All of their nurses are always ten steps ahead!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions are VERY organized and efficient. I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes in the waiting room whether I was a walk in or had an appointment. When I was working they always worked around my schedule and I was always able to get there early and make it to work in time so that the appointments never really interfered with work. It is such a warm and friendly environment, you never feel stressed coming into the office.
Dr. Meyer strongly recommended only transferring one embryo. After the third treatment, also after having done a cycle for ERA (results indicated we were transferring during the correct window) he gave us the option to transfer two because we hadn't been successful the past two times.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Meyer was attentive, calming and made me feel like my concerns and worries were valid. He was good at making me feel comfortable and not awkward.... My first cycle included 150 iu follistim days 3-8, then one day cetrotide, and then ovidrel to trigger on cd 10. My AMH is one, I had about 5 follicles between 13-15 when they told me to take ovidrel. I feel I was told to trigger too early but they said my follicles were mature enough and they were worried that if I waited another day to trigger that I could have a multiple pregnancy.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was attentive, calming and made me feel like my concerns and worries were valid. He was good at making me feel comfortable and not awkward. I am only on my second cycle with him but I am very happy so far. I hope he is a little more aggressive this cycle since my last Follistim cycle resulted in a negative.
I would say to a new patient, don't be afraid to ask questions and take your time during your appointments.
Dr. Meyer was polite, professional and helpful. He made me feel like my concerns were valid, and he explained things very well. I didn't feel rushed in my initial consultation with him.
My nurses seemed knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. They were quick, efficient and gentle.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic has great morning hours, they are good at returning phone calls and always seem eager to help you in any way they can. I do wish they stayed open a little later for after work appointments. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The clinic is a little hard to get to, and traffic here in the morning can be a nightmare.
My medications for my first injectables cycle cost $1452.18 plus the copays for each monitoring ultrasound.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Meyer seemed to know who I was, and my history every time we met. I emailed him many times in the evening, and at weekends, and every time he replied promptly... I did feel like at times I had to be a bit of a case manager, asking what to do next to continue the process, but as long as I continued to be proactive this wasn't a problem. In the end I got pregnant naturally (though thanks to a surgery Dr. Meyer performed), and I felt that Dr. Meyer was genuinely delighted for us even though it probably didn't contribute to the clinic's success rate statistics.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very straightforward with us, giving us lots of options and explaining the chances of success which each one. He didn't pressurize us, and when my husband wanted to pursue treatment that wasn't Dr. Meyer's first choice, he respected our decision and went with it, simply reminding us how it would affect our chances of conception. Dr. Meyer replied to email promptly and at all times of the day or night. I did feel like at times I had to be a bit of a case manager, asking what to do next to continue the process, but as long as I continued to be proactive this wasn't a problem. In the end I got pregnant naturally (though thanks to a surgery Dr. Meyer performed), and I felt that Dr. Meyer was genuinely delighted for us even though it probably didn't contribute to the clinic's success rate statistics.
Always email if you have a question.
3 x IUIs with letrozole and ovidril (final 1 also used tamoxifen) a hysteroscopic polypectomy following an HSG 1 x TIC using follistim, cetrotide and ovidril Then I got pregnant naturally when we had to skip a cycle due to being on vacation, but having tried to conceive naturally for over 4 years, I am sure my pregnancy wouldn't have happened without the polypectomy.
They are all very friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It's a large, bright atmosphere. The front desk team are wonderful, and seemed genuinely excited for me when I finally got pregnant. I was always able to choose my monitoring visits at a time convenient for me. To see the doctor I sometimes had to wait for a convenient appointment. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for appointments. This clinic is open on weekends which is huge, as timing is so important for fertility treatment.
around $5000 including the surgery and medications after insurance
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer gave me his email and encouraged me to write him with any questions or concerns. He answered my emails promptly- sometimes at night or on weekends. He remembered details about my family which made me feel that he listened and cared about me as a person.... I had an egg retrieval first. During the time that I was preparing for egg retrieval I was injecting myself with some kind of medication, plus taking estrogen, a thyroid medication, and then the trigger shot. Prior to the trigger shot I went in for ultrasounds and blood work quite a bit.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt like I was treated not only as a human but as a valued patient. I came to him after several unsuccessful cycles of medication and IUI. I was really interviewing several clinics because I wanted to be confident in my choice if I was going to be spending so much on IVF. Dr. Meyer listened to my questions and concerns and did not have a "god complex" like some of the other doctors I spoke with. He laid out options for me and made me feel confident in how he would care for me and my embryos.
Prepare your questions in advance. You will get a lot of information in each session and you may forget to ask unless you prepare.
Dr. Meyer gave me his email and encouraged me to write him with any questions or concerns. He answered my emails promptly- sometimes at night or on weekends. He remembered details about my family which made me feel that he listened and cared about me as a person. He also set my expectations kind of low which prepared me for the worst while hoping for the best. He made me feel confidence in his honesty.
I had an egg retrieval first. During the time that I was preparing for egg retrieval I was injecting myself with some kind of medication, plus taking estrogen, a thyroid medication, and then the trigger shot. Prior to the trigger shot I went in for ultrasounds and blood work quite a bit. I had the egg retrieval, and because I was going to do PGS, I did not continue with hormones because we were going to freeze the eggs (the genetic testing was done in Chicago so the blasts had to be frozen in order to get the testing back first). During egg retrieval they saw a polyp, so I also had to get that removed before I could transfer. To prepare for transfer, I started with birth control, then did baseline bloodwork and a saline u/s. I started injections of progesterone, taking a baby aspirin, and was still taking thyroid medicine. I had the transfer and continued aspirin, thyroid medicine and progesterone. After the pregnancy was confirmed I continued these meds, but due to spotting d/c'ed the aspirin after 6 weeks gestation. Everything went well and we have a baby girl, and are looking forward to our next transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
My nurse was available for the most part, except for once when she was out on vacation. I think that I was spoiled by Dr. Meyer responding to me day and night, and maybe expected too much from her in this instance. She was extremely kind and took time to explain the processes I was going through.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: the clinic was very large and it was not difficult to find people in my community who had success with them. The doctors were all very experienced and had been in the RE field for many years. The clinic did it's best to bill insurance for procedures when possible. The staff seems to remember you, which is nice especially for such a large clinic. Weaknesses: The clinic is very large and it can feel chaotic when you go into a packed waiting room. The finances were laid out for us but there was a discrepancy which we ultimately had to pay for.
I participated in a program where I paid for three IVF cycles up front (medication, scans not included) and if I did not bring home a baby from the hospital after all cycles I would get that money refunded. I ended up paying roughly 29,000 for three cycles, plus the cost of medication, PGS, and monitoring at a clinic near me (I live in Asheville and CC does not have an office nearby).
Dr. Meyer explained the risk of transferring two embryos and the chance that those embryos could divide and result in even more babies. He explained the risk of a multiple pregnancy to both myself and the babies.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was exactly what I needed. He was compassionate and caring, but also very informative and to the point. He made sure we understand exactly what we were going through and what results we might could expect. I was diagnosed with a low AMH (it dropped significantly in about a years time) and Dr. Meyer was very realistic with the possibility that I might not have a lot of eggs for retrieval. As hard as it was to hear, he explained that I needed to lose some weight as this could significantly help improve my AMH levels and better my outcome of egg retrieval. I was able to lose some weight and take a couple of supplements recommended by Dr. Meyer and in return my AMH improved. With Dr. Meyer's help and expertise, I had 12 eggs retrieved, 9 of which were mature and fertilized, 6 made it to day 5. We transferred one embryo and the others were genetically tested and frozen. The one we transferred resulted in a positive pregnancy test and i am now 5 weeks. I could not be more thankful for Dr. Meyer!
While Dr. Meyer is caring and compassionate, he is not a "warm and fuzzy" doctor. He gives you facts and is an expert in his field. He has a great sense of humor!
Dr. Meyer was the answer to our prayers. He took time to explain everything in detail (multiple times as I needed reminders and had lots of questions). He was easily reachable by phone or email. I typically reached out to him via email and always had a prompt response. I felt as though Dr. Meyer really knew my husband and I and took the time to make sure we were comfortable and well informed.
Dr. Meyer suggested we begin with an medicated IUI. This was unsuccessful, so we had the option of trying it again or moving forward to IVF. We decided to think it over and take a break because we were emotionally drained at that point (just from trying for so long naturally and being disappointed each month). We resumed treatment a few months later and moved forward with IVF. We didn't want to waste any time. Dr. Meyer created an IVF protocol for us (I believe it was a pretty standard protocol) that we followed. Everything went smoothly and we were so lucky to receive a positive pregnancy test from it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry, Elisa)
We were highly pleased with the care, communication, and compassion we received from the entire team at Carolina Conceptions. The nurses were reliable and timely when relaying information. They were also very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable with the information they provided me. They were also always willing to answer any questions I had. When I called and left messages they returned my calls promptly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was professional, compassionate, and well organized. ALL of the staff I have encountered have been extremely kind and invested in our journey. Appointments were very easy to schedule and I received many reminders about upcoming appointments via text and email. The receptionist, Kesha, was one of the most kind, genuine people I have ever met.
Our IVF cycle costed approximately $18,000. This included everything, from nurse class, egg retrieval, transfer, monitoring visits, and medication.
I appreciate Dr. Meyer being open and honest about his opinion of how many embryos to transfer. He was very passionate about only transferring one embryo in our situation. He expressed his concerns with having a multiple pregnancy (possibly complications, birth defects, etc).
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I had an HSG done before seeing Dr. Meyer that showed a mass in my uterus. Dr. Meyer automatically set me at ease and told me that he thought it was scar tissue and that he would do my surgery ASAP. In the same visit, he diagnosed me with PCOS and decided to put me on Letrozole starting with my next cycle. He explained what would happen every step of the way and also let me know what to expect. The surgery went perfectly and I am now on the first round of Letrozole.
Take notes! He is very thorough and explains every aspect of your treatment plan, but does go through things quickly. If you miss something though, Carolina Conceptions is great with answering questions and will respond to you pretty much right away.
Dr. Meyer has been amazing! He immediately diagnosed me with PCOS, which my obstetrician was not comfortable doing. I needed surgery to remove scar tissue from a prior miscarriage, and he scheduled the surgery right away. The surgery went perfectly, and I was able to start Letrozole about a week later.
The first step in my treatment was a hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue from a prior D&C. About a week after the surgery -- which went perfectly -- I started my first round of Letrozole, which I am currently taking. Dr. Meyer started the Letrozole because he diagnosed me with PCOS. Dr. Meyer explained how the Letrozole would work, the timing of the appointments, and how everything would go. Dr. Meyer plans to keep me on Letrozole for three cycles. If I do not get pregnant during that time, he plans to be "more aggressive" with my treatment.
The nurses are very warm and make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I would recommend Carolina Conceptions to anyone who has had trouble getting or staying pregnant. I trust my obstetrician implicitly, but he was not willing to start me on fertility treatment. My obstetrician subsequently referred me to Carolina Conceptions, and they immediately performed surgery to remove scar tissue from my uterus, diagnosed me with mild PCOS, and started me on fertility treatment. My husband and I have been trying for over a year and have had one miscarriage. Starting a family was becoming overwhelmingly stressful, but the staff at Carolina Conceptions stepped in, were thorough in testing both of us, and frank about what treatment I needed. Having a fertility specialist on the case has taken so much stress off of us and put us at ease.
The cost of going to see Dr. Meyer has been extremely affordable. Fortunately, my insurance has covered most everything; however, if it had not, or if I had not had insurance, the clinic offers significant discounts to reduce the out-of-pocket cost to their patients.
Raleigh
As a physician myself, I spent time researching and looking up an REI who would be highly qualified, but also treat me with kindness, compassion and warmth... I had a lot of ups and downs trying to conceive and he never made me feel that having a family was not a possibility. I had such a great experience at Carolina Conceptions and with Dr. Meyer, that after I moved over 4 hours away, I decided to keep him as my REI and make the commute back for our second child (who I am currently pregnant with). Whichever REI you decide to go with, make sure it is someone who can help you navigate this difficult time in your life. I was blessed to have found this with Dr. Meyer.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
As a physician myself, I spent time researching and looking up an REI who would be highly qualified, but also treat me with kindness, compassion and warmth. Choosing an REI is a very important decision for any woman going through fertility issues. It's important to chose someone who you connect with, as this is a very difficult and often lonely journey with potentially a lot of heartbreak. I chose Dr. Meyer and am so thankful that I did. I had a lot of ups and downs trying to conceive and he never made me feel that having a family was not a possibility. I had such a great experience at Carolina Conceptions and with Dr. Meyer, that after I moved over 4 hours away, I decided to keep him as my REI and make the commute back for our second child (who I am currently pregnant with). Whichever REI you decide to go with, make sure it is someone who can help you navigate this difficult time in your life. I was blessed to have found this with Dr. Meyer.
Feel free to be open about your concerns/thoughts/feelings. Ask questions. He is always responsive and thoughtful.
Dr. Meyer took time to come up with my protocol. He would listen to my concerns and take them into consideration. He was always warm and compassionate. I never felt like a statistic or just another patient.
My first IVF cycle I used Bravelle and had a chemical pregnancy. Second IVF cycle I used Lupron with Bravelle and had follicles but no mature eggs. This was converted to IUI. Third cycle I used Follistim and testosterone patch and became pregnant with my son. At that time I was going through IVF Bravelle was recalled due to decreased potency. For baby two, we repeated the Follistim and testosterone and I am currently 7.5 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry Hunter)
Terry is amazing. I did remote IVF for my last two cycles as we moved 4 hrs away and she was my nurse and liaison. She helped to coordinate all my medications, treatments, dose changes, etc. She was always timely, responsible, and completely reliable. More important, Terry was a strong pillar of support and always showed warmth and compassion. Couldn't have picked a better team!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: very well qualified physicians, embryologists, nurses. Extremely supportive, organized and reliable. Weakness: Carolina Conceptions is 4 hrs from me
Costs were comparable to other nearby fertility clinics.
I left it up to the embryologist to decide. No real comments.
Raleigh
I am highly impressed with Dr. Meyer....He's honest, caring, straight forward and what stands out the most is that he is on top of everything! Nothing goes overlooked. He will literally respond to your e-mail within 5 minutes. When we first met him we were getting a second opinion and I knew within the first minute talking to him that this was our guy... He explains everything in detail and leaves nothing overlooked.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
We are still in the process of starting our family. We are currently in the first round of IVF. Bill Meyer is absolutely amazing! He is a down to earth person who makes you feel incredibly comfortable. He explains everything in detail and leaves nothing overlooked. Each time I have emailed Dr. Meyer, he emails me back within 5 minutes. This is unbelievable for a doctor to be so on top of everything and it makes you feel good and much less stressed. For example, I needed an order pretty quickly faxed over to another facility (I am being monitored remotely). I emailed him and he literally sent email back within minutes and his nurses had already faxed the order. Getting answers quickly like this decreases your anxiety and makes the process less stressful and more exciting.
If you have questions, just ask. He will always be quick to answer. Be sure to take notes at office visits as information can be somewhat overwhelming as with anything when going through fertility treatment. Utilize the nurses- they are great resources.
I am highly impressed with Dr. Meyer. He made me feel like a human because I felt so comfortable around him and talking to him. It didn't seem like I was sitting down with a specialist but rather a regular person panning out a situation and formulating a plan. He's honest, caring, straight forward and what stands out the most is that he is on top of everything! Nothing goes overlooked. He will literally respond to your e-mail within 5 minutes. When we first met him we were getting a second opinion and I knew within the first minute talking to him that this was our guy. He's incredible!
We are currently in our first round of IVF therefore unable to provide adequate feedback.
Great resource for information and answering questions. I communicate more with Dr. Meyer and have not had to rely too much on his nurses. So far process has been smooth and have not had to utilize them too much as the process was explained so well from the beginning with Michele, RN during my IVF class. She was great!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: staff is friendly and communicate very well. Process has been smooth and not complicated secondary to the excellent communication and education provided by staff members. Questions are answered promptly. Weaknesses: Clinic is 2.5 hours from my home, however I only have to go 3 times to clinic (IVF class, retrieval, transfer). Otherwise I am able to be monitored remotely. Totally worth the drive to be a patient at this high quality clinic.
$4000 so far....
Dr. Meyer has a strong preference for single embryo transfer. I couldn't agree more. Less risk of complications.
2014 - 2017
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
I feel like Dr. Meyer truly cares about our success in having a baby and genuinely cares for his clients... tested everything after 2nd miscarriage, ruled out anything other than egg quality/maternal age, tried IUI, recommended we not try additional rounds of IUI, after third miscarriage went to egg donor program. Transferred 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test, transferred two more embryos, positive pregnancy with one successful. We are currently 23 weeks 5 days. :-)
2014 - 2017
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He was very compassionate and warm which immediately made me feel comfortable working with Dr. Meyer. He listened to our concerns, was honest in his recommendations and was able to thoroughly explain all of our options. I'd highly recommend Dr. Meyer to friends and family.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to ask for all options.
We started with an oral pill to increase egg production, added injectibles, tested everything after 2nd miscarriage, ruled out anything other than egg quality/maternal age, tried IUI, recommended we not try additional rounds of IUI, after third miscarriage went to egg donor program. Transferred 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test, transferred two more embryos, positive pregnancy with one successful. We are currently 23 weeks 5 days. :-)
All nursing staff were very supportive, compassionate and care for their clients.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I only had a few negative experiences. I saw Dr. Park on a few occasions and didn't feel he was as warm or compassionate at Dr. Meyer. I also had a very bad experience with someone in finance who took us to the back room to discuss financial options after our 3rd miscarriage and them promptly asked us to exit through the back stairs since we were visibly upset and she didn't want us to walk through the lobby and possibly upset other patients. She just handled it very coldly.
We paid most everything out of pocket so we had to take several personal and medical loans. We paid well over $30000 over our time at Carolina Conceptions and still have 3 Frozen embryos and plan for another transfer or 2 of those embryos.
We asked to transfer 2 embryos and he agreed. Recommended we not do more than 3.
Raleigh
I feel like Dr. Meyer was very caring and compassionate. I felt he was very thorough in his explanations and plan for my care. I fully trust him with my care. I do feel as if the communication between him and his partners, as well as other staff, was lacking...To prepare for egg retrieval I was placed on 3 injection medication. 20 units of lurpon twice daily, 1 vial of menopur twice daily and 225 IU of gonal f twice daily. I was told these were the highest doses I could take, I was on high doses for low AMH level.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I feel like Dr. Meyer was very caring and compassionate. I felt he was very thorough in his explanations and plan for my care. I fully trust him with my care. I do feel as if the communication between him and his partners, as well as other staff, was lacking. I found out during my first pelvic ultrasound that I had a uterine fibroid that required myomectomy. This changed my course of treatment in which we had planned. Upon talking to Dr. Meyer's partner and some other staff in the office they continued to tell me that we were on the same original plan and I had to keep telling them that there had been changes. His partner performed my egg retrieval and she didn't even measure the fibroid or have answers to my questions about our plan post op. I felt as if the communication could have been better so those involved in my care we're updated on what was going on.
Expect the unexpected and make sure you are always on top of what's going on
As a patient of this practice, when dealing with physicians, I felt as is they were very available to answer questions or concerns I had. Even after hours and over weekends. Anytime I sent an email day, night or weekend I always received a response that day. I felt like I was treated with much care.
To prepare for egg retrieval I was placed on 3 injection medication. 20 units of lurpon twice daily, 1 vial of menopur twice daily and 225 IU of gonal f twice daily. I was told these were the highest doses I could take, I was on high doses for low AMH level. For after the egg retrieval I was placed on an z pack antibiotic for 6 days, a steroid twice a day for 5 days and estrogen until further notice.
I thought that the nursing staff was great! They were awesome in our care. Again, the only complaint I have is that they were not on the same page as far as our changes in our plan of care.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think if you are struggling with infertility that this practice is one that can help you. They have been very helpful, kind, compassionate and patient with us.
We paid $10,365 which includes egg aspiration, ultrasound guidance, egg identification, sperm wash, egg insemination, culture of eggs, embryo prep for transfer, embryo glue, transfer, nitrogen. Also this costs covered our nursing class to be taught about injections, cryopreservaton, anesthesia and a cycle management fee to cover us being monitored by another practice, as we love out of town. The injection drugs that were needed costs right around $8,000. We paid anywhere from $150-$300 per visit for lab work and ultrasound to monitor follicles. We had 5-6 visits for lab work and ultrasound.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
From my very first visit for my consultation with Dr Meyer, I felt like he truly cared about me and our situation. I needed to have a hysteroscopy which my insurance wouldn't cover thru the clinic. He referred me to a Dr that my insurance would cover and then agreed to come observe during my procedure. He always went above and beyond to make sure we knew/ understood what was happening. He was easily accessible whenever we had questions or concerns.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Take advantage of his knowledge. Don't leave his office without asking every question you may have...he is one Dr that does not mind being questioned.
Dr Meyer was very personable. I have never had a Dr call or email me just to check on me. If I had any questions, all i had to do was send him an email and I always had a quick response.
For my ER, I started with Lupron, 75mg Menopur and 150mg Gonal F. When my body didn't respond as well as expected, he increased the dosages to 225mg Gonal F. I ended up with 6 mature follicles and 5 mature eggs. For my FET I was taking a blood thinner to help improve blood flow to my uterus, vitamin D and E through the entire prep. I started on 6mg of Estradiol orally but my lining wasn't getting thick enough so it was changed to 4 mg estradiol orally, 2mg estradiol vaginally and 2 estrogen patches and 10mg Progesterone.
All the nurses were friendly and knowledgeable. When I left a message on the nurses line, I always received a timely return call with all the information I needed.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very friendly and courteous staff that always try to make you feel at ease during this stressful time. They definitely go above and beyond for their clients and I felt like i was family.
We got a service workers discount and were self pay. I remember we paid almost 13k for the ER, biopsy and FET. Each monitoring Was between 3-400.
We were planning on doing a multiple embryo transfer but I only ended up with one viable embryo after we received our PGS test results.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I like Dr. Meyers energy and I felt he was very sincere. He was upfront and honest when I asked questions and was honest with me that he did not know why I wasn't able to conceive either time we did my transfer. He was willing to do bloodwork I requested just to be sure I didn't have any issues that would normally not be looked at until multiple miscarriages. My husband also met Dr. Meyer and had a great experience with him as well. Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Meyer to both friends and family.
Ask for what you want and don't be afraid to question things. He is open and honest and did not bs me which was very much appreciated.
He has a wonderful bedside manner while being upfront and honest about my situation. He made feel very comfortable every time I came in leading up to my procedure and was very positive even while being honest about my chances of conceiving.
Because I was using donor egg and only doing FETs we didn't really have treatment strategies. We did do a lot of bloodwork after the first failed attempt and did another saline ultrasound just to make sure their were no issues that may be going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michele Medlin)
Michele was my donor egg coordinator and was always there to answer questions and go above and beyond to help me when I needed it. She is a great nurse and very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They have a great front office staff who are very kind and upbeat! All of the doctors are great. I guess the only weakness is them not filing insurance for me. They would only do that for certain companies and everyone was self pay. That was a pain and made a stressful situation more stressful just to get reimbursed for bloodwork and ultrasounds.
Costs are reasonable here. They are on par and maybe somewhat below the national average. The out of pocket expense for me for bloodwork and ultrasounds were a pain since they would not file my insurance.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Meyer provides a lot of information in your first consultation. You may end up having questions after your first visit. Don't hesitate to make a follow-up appointment(s) to get answers to your questions. There are also you tube videos (a little out dated) but give you a general idea of what to expect for an IVF transfer... This resulted in a retrieval of 4 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. On Day 3, all 3 embryos had divided into about 8-9 cells. And on Day 5, only 1 embryo had developed into an early stage blastocyst which was transferred on Day 5. The rationale to wait until Day 5 was because there were 3 viable embryos on Day 3 as opposed to having only 1 or 2 on Day 3. This way, had there been 3 blastocysts on Day 5, we could have selected the 2 best for transfer.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Meyer appears to be very knowledgeable with regard to fertility treatment options and gives a lot of information related to the process. You get the feeling that both he and the entire staff are really in your corner and pulling for a successful outcome. In our case, he analyzed the procedural outcome and test results during treatment to make modifications for our second attempt at IVF.
We completed three rounds of IUI with negative pregnancy results. During this treatment, I injected 225 Follistem daily for 8-12 days. We also have completed one round of IVF treatment with negative pregnancy results. During this time, I injected 225 Follistem and Menopur for 8-12 days. This resulted in a retrieval of 4 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. On Day 3, all 3 embryos had divided into about 8-9 cells. And on Day 5, only 1 embryo had developed into an early stage blastocyst which was transferred on Day 5. The rationale to wait until Day 5 was because there were 3 viable embryos on Day 3 as opposed to having only 1 or 2 on Day 3. This way, had there been 3 blastocysts on Day 5, we could have selected the 2 best for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Medlin, Terry Hunter)
In the last 5 months, we have worked with several nurses (Michelle, Terry) and staff at Carolina Conceptions. You get the feeling that the nurses and entire staff from the front desk attendant, Keisha, to the financial coordinator, Kelly, is pulling for your success. It feels like a family at times and was just what we needed when we encountered bumps in the road.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
In the last 5 months, we have worked with most of the staff at one time or another at Carolina Conceptions. You get the feeling that the entire staff from the front desk attendant, Keisha, to the financial coordinator, Kelly, is pulling for your success. It feels like a family at times and was just what we needed when we encountered bumps in the road.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs. I paid $35 co-pays for consulting appt, ultrasounds, HSG, semen analysis, monitoring visits/lab work, IUI, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer. I also paid $75 for the class to learn how to self-administer the injectables. Some medications for the second round of IVF were compounded and not covered by insurance. These were about $500 for one round of IVF.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Meyer is very responsive and wants to make sure we are all on the same pag. He always jokes with my husband and remembers us from visit to visit...Dr. Meyer has been very open to our opinions and input...Make sure you take notes and ask questions. I feel like he gives you all the information, but it is in oral form, not written down...We started with an HSG which revealed polyps in my uterus. So my first treatment was a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. We tried a monitored cycle of Tamoxifen, which yielded no mature eggs. We then did a cycle of Follistim (150 IU daily). This cycle was cancelled after having ten mature follicles on day 12. We will try again next cycle with Follistim but at 75 IU.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I have been very pleased with my experience as a patient. While we are still in the throes of our treatment, Dr. Meyer has been very open to our opinions and input. I have full faith that we will get pregnant with Dr. Meyer's help, either through injectibles or IVF.
I had previously tried several rounds of Femara and Clomid before seeing Dr. Meyer. We started with an HSG which revealed polyps in my uterus. So my first treatment was a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. We tried a monitored cycle of Tamoxifen, which yielded no mature eggs. We then did a cycle of Follistim (150 IU daily). This cycle was cancelled after having ten mature follicles on day 12. We will try again next cycle with Follistim but at 75 IU.
I feel that the nurses are great when you are in the clinic. If you call with a question, they can sometimes seem like they are in a rush to get you off the phone. There is one nurse in particular, Terry, that I love to have. She always treats you like you are the most important person in the world and does it with a smile and wonderful attitude!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It is very hard to get up with someone when you have a question. You always have to leave a message and they will call you back. Also, make sure you talk with a financial counselor at their office to make sure you are doing things the best way for your insurance situation.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was always positive. I remember my first visit where he told me that I should not have any problems conceiving with the first treatment, which was great...until I did. I saw him cycle after cycle over a year's time. The positivity gave me false hope, especially when he did not thoroughly read my chart/history before the appointment. Several times I had to wait and watch him skim through the chart. It may have been more appropriate to do so prior to walking into the appointment. I still wonder if the course of treatment would have changed if he had been more informed about my history.
Ask questions.
I was never pressured into or out of a treatment plan.
It has been a while since my last treatment and well over a year since I started. I am unsure of my diagnosis, but it was believe that I do not ovulate on a regular basis. My GYN believed that I suffered from PCOS, but Dr. Meyer never talked about that. I was considered young at 30. We started with oral medication to stimulate my ovaries (timed intercourse method). Many follicles were produced but they were very little. We moved to stronger injectable medicine (follistim/gonal f) that would do the same thing in a bigger way. I consistently produced one to two follicles that were the appropriate size for a trigger shot to release them in time for intercourse. However to this day, I still feel like those one to two follicles were actually cysts. I always have a few cysts, but the nurses could not distinguish them from actual follicles once they grew to a certain size. After multiple cycles, we decided on IVF. The same injectable stimulating medicines were used but at a higher dosage prior to egg retrieval. We froze seven embryos, described to us as good quality. We felt pressured by the staff to only transfer one embryo, so we did. It failed.
Strengths: Kind, friendly Weakness: Rushed, not always organized - Once, I had an entire monitoring visit completed when the nurse realized that she was looking at someone else's chart. She was not looking for the correct things and had to redo the ultrasound. Also, one of the nurses expressed her disapproval of me going through the IVF process with no intensions of marrying my boyfriend.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is always on time, which is only a bad thing if you are the patient which has to be rushed. The front desk staff and financial staff seemed to remember me more than the nurses or doctor.
My initial treatments were covered by insurance, so several copays of $40. Insurance would not cover any IUI or IVF. I did not try IUI. For single IVF, I believe that I paid $14,000 not including monitoring or prescriptions. Monitoring was $300-$400 per visit and I remember having 4 visits. Medication was probably around $5,000.
We felt pressured to transfer one embryo. It wasn't discussed and explained to me until I was in scrubs and waiting in triage for the transfer. It was uncomfortable and we only heard statistics that were pro single. We used the best grade and only transferred one.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He is straightforward but gives you the information in an as kind as possible way. He followed up on all procedures and would verify and check everything prior to giving recommendations. Coming from another doctor he listened to each of my concerns and personally addressed each one giving recommendations and or corrections to the information. I love how quickly he worked with me and his concern with my family when surgery was required.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I would say be prepared to not have sugar coated information. He presents all options to you and he is not pushy about which one to follow. He provides guidance.
He is quick to respond and makes sure my partner and I fully understand what is going on.
Coming from other dr and voicing my concerns he completed an HSG. Discovered one tube had fluid and the other was blocked. Surgery was recommended. The surgery resulted in removal of both tubes due to the damage along with scar tissue. From the surgery he was able to see how large my fibriod was and recommended its removal as it was 7cm large. Once that surgery was completed and I had healed, Dr. Meyer recommended IVF as my partner and I wanted to try as my ovaries are still in good shape. We are currently waiting to start the process.
They were understanding with my situation, but didn't become overly personal. They each made my time there more enjoyable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths are many as they respond to you quickly, care about the whole family, give detailed information and make sure its understandable as well as make sure you are comfortable with the treatment aspects. I have no weaknesses to mention. Everyone there has been wonderful, even the financial people.
For each visit I had a copay of 70 dollars. During the surgery my cost was 800 dollars. Our cost for the IVF treatment is to be around 8000 dollars, not including medicine.
We have not reached this point. They typically recommend no more than 2.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer showed compassion and understood my issues. He was able to give me multiple options for treatment. He was blunt, and to the point. I prefer my doctors to be that way. I am a nurse, and I understand a lot of medical lingo- and he talked to me like a nurse, and I appreciated that. He said whenever my husband and I are ready, he is ready to start the IVF process. Explained risks and complications. He reviewed charts and clinical information and statistics with me.
"You better be ready!"
He talked to me as a person. He knew my history, and offered options. Never once did I feel rushed or unsure about our conversations.
After my first appointment, we tried pills, injections, and multiple ultrasounds. It failed. I was very discouraged. I then made an appointment with Dr. Meyer when we were ready again- this time, he offered IVF. It sounds great, if we had finances to cover it... We are trying to figure out how we can afford it, and afford caring for a baby after! It is discouraging, but I know some how, it will happen.
They are very compassionate nurses. They understand what we are there for and they show empathy. They are always on time, and answer questions appropriately- always with a smile.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths- they do whatever they can to get you seen. Appointments are easy to make.
With insurance, out of pocket cost for a consultation visit was $130. I was there less than 1 hour. I spoke with the financial director, and she stated my insurance will cover a majority of the IVF procedure, but there would not be enough to cover medications necessary for IVF. Out of pocket cost for the procedure will be a little over $3,000; and another approximate $7,000-$10,000 for medication cost.
Raleigh
Any time I contact Dr. Meyer he was quick to respond. He would then put me in contact with who in the office I needed to speak with in order to start my next process. When speaking with him in the office he always gave me his undivided attention. His main goal is to get me pregnant and I have confidence he will succeed....So far I have only been through 3 failed timed intercourse with medication (shots). I would go in for ultrasounds almost every 3 days. Depending on what part of my cycle would depend on if I saw Dr Meyer, a nurse, or another Dr if Dr. Meyer was unavailable.
European, Other
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I have only been a patient of Dr. Meyer for a year now. I have not had success with getting pregnant yet but I hope we are on the right track to do so. We have goals and testing that I need to complete with my next cycle. I have full trust in Dr. Meyer and any other Dr in this practice, since I have spoken with each of them. This process is not cheap so being in the right hands is very crucial.
Make sure you get that one on one time with him at the beginning and go with any questions you might have about now and future procedures. Game plan if you want to call it. Also don't be afraid to email him if you have questions or do not understand something. I find email is one of the best ways to get a quick response. He will answer any questions you have or point you to his staff to help fulfill your need or to start the next process with whatever he suggest.
So far I have only been through 3 failed timed intercourse with medication (shots). I would go in for ultrasounds almost every 3 days. Depending on what part of my cycle would depend on if I saw Dr Meyer, a nurse, or another Dr if Dr. Meyer was unavailable. They guided me each step of the way through the cycle. Even though I have had 3 failed cycles with timed intercourse I am ready for the next plan of action. Next will be the HSG testing to make sure my tubes are open. We will see where this goes
The nurse staff is very nice and knowledgeable. The answered all questions you had at the time of the appointment, If they had any questions they would take to a Doctor right away. I felt very comfortable with each nurse I saw.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are always very nice and on time. Even if you go really early before your appointment time they try to squeeze you in so you are not waiting long. The font desk staff are also very kind and know that you are properly stressed over the treatment at hand. I would recommend this office to anyone.
As of right now my insurance helped with the last 3 cycles, so i paid my copay. My future procedures will be out of pocket so it will be expensive. I will have to do a little at a time, or take out a loan for a full cycle. I have not gotten to the point of figuring it out yet.
Raleigh
Dr Meyer was extremely helpful in laying out the expectations and process...Dr Meyer is extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. When I, or my husband, have questions he is quick to respond via email and extremely patient when in person. I appreciate his honesty and candidness...Dr Meyer is great at what he does! If you want someone to hold your hand, cry with you, and "baby step" you through this process, he is not your man. If you want honesty, candidness and to get the end results you will not be disappointed with Dr Meyer! I came in to CC looking for an action plan to start my family and Dr Meyer is helping us lay out the process! :)
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Extremely positive experience! He shared all options with us and continues to support us through this process. We have been working with Dr Meyer directly for almost 2 years. This process has been longer due to personal obstacles vs anything directly with CC. Dr Meyer has been an amazing support system and doctor for us both.
We tried IUI first then moved to IVF (which is where we are currently). My husband had a low sperm count which involved us working to increase his count majority of 2016. From there we tried one attempt at IUI which was unsuccessful. I received advice from Dr Meyer and friends to move forward with IVF if our budget allowed. After 3 years of trying to start a family, I had hit my limit of seeing negative pregnancy test. IVF appears to be the best path for us as we begin that journey this month. Dr Meyer was extremely helpful in laying out the expectations and process. I have faith we are in the best hands and that along with much prayer and Dr Meyer we will be pregnant by the end of 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Extremely helpful
We discussed all options. He shared the pro's and con's of each. We have not made a decision one way or the other but I believe when the time comes to decide all options will be revisited between me, my husband & Dr Meyer collaboratively.
Raleigh
The reason we came to Dr. Meyers was for male infertility. He made sure with the low sperm count conception was a possibility. ...Dr. Meyers was a good listener and made sure he was matching our needs with his medical expertise. After sharing out previous experience I asked what he would do differently and he took us step by step through the difference. He clearly explained all of the procedures he proposed and told us why he proposed them.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyers was a good listener and made sure he was matching our needs with his medical expertise. After sharing out previous experience I asked what he would do differently and he took us step by step through the difference. He clearly explained all of the procedures he proposed and told us why he proposed them. Dr. Meyers also introduced is to the lead doctor in the lab and explained to us he could work with what we had. That was comforting.
I would say listen to him. I felt his medical knowledge was superior and up to date with most recent developments in the world of infertility.
Dr. Meyers sat with us during our initial consult and listened. He allowed us to share our journey before sharing anything about how he would treat us even though he could have started there. Anytime we had a question there was an immediate response. Beyond Dr. Meyers the entire staff knew who I was and always greeted me with a smile and askes how I was doing.
The reason we came to Dr. Meyers was for male infertility. He made sure with the low sperm count conception was a possibility. We started me on the lowest dose of medications as my husband began to bank. I had the egg retrieval followed by the embryos freeze. The one thing that Dr. Meyers highly recommended was chromosomal testing. We had not previously done this and he very clearly explained how this would benefit us. After the testing we had 2 healthy embryos and together we decided on using one. The transfer was done and it was successful,
I saw a few different nurses, but all were attentive. The nurse that did the medication training was excellent.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The strength was the welcoming environment and the clear display of medical knowledge amongst all staff at the practice. I am not sure there was a weakness that was eveident in my treatment from the clinic.
We used a package option. Total costs were about $19,000.
Dr. Meyers did what we wanted based on the fact we stated we really only wanted one child.
Raleigh
I was involved in a study for ivf and thought the real problem was unexplained infertility and it still is but during the course of treatment it was discovered I have a defect in my c-section scar from my first pregnancy. Dr. Meyer scheduled a hysteroscopy within the next four days and had devised a treatment plan fast. Since I had missed the window for the 3 day transfer, I was scheduled for a frozen transfer cycle and follow the protocol. I did get pregnant but unfortunately lost the pregnancy.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer took every opportunity to help and make sure that the procedures were successful. We did not end up getting pregnant due to miscarriage but after he found out, he called personally to check on me and tell me when I was ready, to come back in. He emailed, phoned, and always popped his head in the exam room each ultrasound to check on the progress during the process.
Dr. Meyer has a sense of humor and is always just a phone call away. He made me feel like I was the only patient and made sure we found the source of the problem.
Dr. Meyer treated me as he would his daughter. I felt he truly understood my frustration in the process and took every opportunity to explain what would happen next. His beside manner made me feel that I was going to be ok. When things did not go accordingly to plan, he researched and pushed procedures that weren't scheduled through fast so there was no waiting for an answer.
Tammy was my cheerleader during this process. She was always the one calling even though she didn't see me that morning. She was the one to call and give me the good news and was geniunely excited.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is clean, welcoming and the staff is very friendly.
Since I was apart of a study, the initial cost was significantly less that we were told. For a frozen transfer, it was around $5,000 total and the stuffy payment was $2900.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] was straight to point, wanted to result in a pregnancy as much as I wanted it. He seem like he really cared and understood the frustration that me and my fiancé were experiencing...He didn't waste any time and for that reason-I absolutely loved! Although the injections and timed intercourse did not work for me, our next step is ivf. He made me feel very comfortable and I will want him to perform the procedure for me. I am definitely happy I chose Carolina conceptions and couldn't be more happy with Dr Bill Meyer as my doctor.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was great! He made me feel important and truly seemed like he understood the frustration that me and my fiancé were going through. He didn't waste any time and for that reason-I absolutely loved! Although the injections and timed intercourse did not work for me, our next step is ivf. He made me feel very comfortable and I will want him to perform the procedure for me. I am definitely happy I chose Carolina conceptions and couldn't be more happy with Dr Bill Meyer as my doctor.
Be straight forward with him. He will not delay any process with you and will try to provide quick results to further assist with the process
He was straight to point, wanted to result in a pregnancy as much as I wanted it. He seem like he really cared and understood the frustration that me and my fiancé were experiencing
My medication I used from him was suppose to help me lose weight and prevent diabetes. After that, it was injections along with other meds that wwe suppose to help with ovulation and etc. Last medication was given after finding out my tubes were blocked
Very nice and organized. Few times nurses did a vaginal ultrasound on me and I felt very comfortable in their knowledge. They seemed very sincere knowing that the results was not what I was expecting or wanting to hear.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: everybody from the receptionist, nurses and the doctors are extremely nice. They truly show they care and understand the roller coaster the couples go through. The receptiobist remember you by name which puts you at a very comfortable environment and they treat you like a real patient and not just a number. They are very fast, waiting time in the lobby is no more than 15 minutes. Weakness: can not think of anything
Seeing a specialist is pretty costly but thankfully I have insurance to cover the visits. No complaints
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was incredibly knowledgeable about the IVF process and took the time to get to know my husband and I. He explained the process and adjustments very clearly and provided his email to us to ask any questions as they came up. He had a wonderful bedside manner and always made us feel comfortable. I appreciated his willingness to discuss our case with his colleagues after our first transfer was unsuccessful and didn't go as planned or as the data would have suggested it should. He made appropriate adjustments and was candid in his discussions with my husband and I.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't hesitate to ask questions because Dr. Meyer will definitely lay everything out for you to understand.
Dr. Meyer took the time to meet with us and get to know us. He was kind, patient, and willing to spend the time to answer as many questions as we had. He was able to share in our joy and sympathize with our pain.
Dr. Meyer recommended we use daily shots as well as oral pills. He upped dosages and added in human growth hormone as an adjustment after the first transfer was unsuccessful.
I can't say enough great things about the nursing staff. They were friendly, compassionate, and knowledgeable. They understood that IVF was a difficult and emotional process and did everything they could to make the process better.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We loved working with everyone at Carolina Conceptions. If Dr. Meyer was unavailable we saw Dr. Park or Dr. Couchman and found them to be equally wonderful. The embryologists were knowledgeable and provided detailed information to us as well. The front office staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and were always welcoming both on the phone and in person. Everyone you interacted with treated you like you were the most important patient and were genuinely happy and excited for us when we became pregnant.
We paid roughly $12,00 - $14,000 for an IVF Cycle
Dr. Meyer did not have a preference. Due to a personal genetic condition, we elected to only do a single transfer (as it turned out, we only had one embryo to transfer anyway).
2013 - 2016
Dr. Meyer is very professional. He speaks quickly and gives a thorough review of you and your infertility causes. When oral medications were not working for me he didn't waste my time or money waiting an extra cycle to see if it would work. We quickly moved onto the next phase of intervention with injections. I have two daughters now because of Dr Meyer, so I will be forever grateful.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He jokes around a bit so don't be too sensitive.
I got a private consulatation where he reviewed my entire history of PCOS. He treated both me and my husband with respect and was very encouraging to our situation. He gave us hope that the infertility struggles would end at this clinic. After my first daughter, I came back to Dr. Meyer a second time. He remembered me and my husband without me saying anything at all. He was also very sensitive to my grief over the recent miscarriage I had before visiting him.
I took Clomid unsuccessfully for 2 cycles then was moved to a daily dose of pregnitude to manage my PCOS and Femera unsuccessfully for 1 cycle. The second cycle produced a viable pregnancy. The second time I visited the clinic was 2 years later and I was placed on femera again unsuccessfully. After one cycle he removed me from that and we began hormone injections. After one cycle I became pregnant. During the injections I did over-respond to the hormones and had ovarian hyperstimulation which was extremely painful. Dr Meyer encouraged me that it was a good thing and most likely meant I was pregnant.
The nurses completed all of my ultrasounds and lab work which were the majority of my appointments. They were gentle and very timely with my results. They also shared in my joy when reporting both pregnancies.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic is very convenient to find. It is the top floor in a medical park building, so that helps with privacy when accessing it. They provide toys and have a children's area when waiting. You will have many appointments usually and the front desk staff become familiar with you and are very helpful and kind. They ask questions and care about you. The clinic is even open on weekends when you need appointments because of your cycle and where you are in the treatment regiment.
I paid for each ultrasound out of pocket. I had horrible health insurance though. I paid out of pocket for all my medications. My treatment regimen the second time was exponentially more expensive.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer does not go around the corners, he tells you exactly like it is, and he answers each questions fully, with complete information. He is very positive in his attitude. He never made me think that getting pregnant was not possible, he simple saw this as a longer than the expected road we have to take and that's it. I felt like i was in really good hands...Dr. Meyer treated me and my husband with nothing but respect. He answered all of our questions during our visits to the clinic and also via phone...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns. They are used to all kinds of questions and they are there to help.
Dr. Meyer showed me and my husband the road map. Fist we started with the tests we needed to take to make sure we get the full picture on my health, as well as my husbands health. When those came OK for both, we set up a course of action. Dr. Meyer advised we start with the hormone therapy. He gave us full directions of how to take it, and what is the next step in case the therapy does not work for us.
I had to call them couple of times during the treatment since i was experiencing some migraine pains, and they got back to me immediately with how to handle my situation and proceed.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone at this clinic is very knowledgeable and friendly. As soon as you walk in, as much as you feel stressed due to treatments and unknown, the staff and the environment makes you feel very welcome and safe. Hope is literally written all over the clinic.
Some costs were covered by my insurance, some not, but the office staff was good in explaining those.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer is very knowledgeable but understands we're novice so we were thankful he spoke to us in terms we can understand. Fertility issues are scary, but we really felt we had an advocate in Dr. Meyer to help us achieve our goals by whatever means to had to...He answered all of our questions and we didn't feel rushed when meeting with him...Try and be prepared on knowing the different fertility treatment options when you go in for your consultation. It will make you that much more educated and ready to make a decision once you speak with Dr. Meyer...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was friendly and warm and also to the point during appointments. He answered all of our questions and we didn't feel rushed when meeting with him.
I was put on Letrozole for 4 months to try and regulate my cycle. After timing intercourse and not getting pregnant on Letrozole, Dr. Meyer explained all the other options; IUI and IVF. We decided to go right to IVF since it had the highest success rate. We put in 2 embryos & got pregnant on our first IVF cycle. We are now 31 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins.
During the weeks I was doing IVF I was in the office quite a bit and got to know some of the nursing staff. I didn't necessary see the same nurse every time I went, but all of them were very friendly and warm and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The only weakness I can see for this practice is lack of multiple locations. Hopefully they can expand into other areas of Raleigh/Durham and still maintain the great success rates and reputations in the future. Carolina Conceptions has one of the highest success rates in the country. I've referred 2 friends to the practice and Dr. Meyer and both are having great experiences as I did.
Thankfully cost wasn't a concern for us. My company sets aside up to $30,000 for employees to use towards fertility treatments and/or adoption costs.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer has a way of being absolutely frank with educated information but also being realistic. I appreciate not being misled but having absolute honesty expressed with compassion. He always has alternative options for next plan type scenarios so I never felt like we hit a wall. My husband loved his bedside manner and frankly I feel comfortable enough to give him a hug next time I see him!...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Know you are in good hands. Dr. Meyer speaks his opinions from decades of experience. I find he is willing to do what is best for the patient and not necessarily just the standard practice in terms of meds etc. I appreciate a clinic that is research based on what is up and happening in fertility currently. I found many of the clinics were just really standard and did same treatments for everyone in a given diagnosis. He is frank. Dr. Meyer will gently give you his opinion but you can bet it is coming from a genuine place. I felt confident he wouldn't offer me false confidence but also would be sincere in offering his honest medical opinion.
Dr. Meyer was very personable and communicated very effectively and in a friendly manner via email during my preparation. He knows my story and why we are there each time. He remembers things about my family that lets me know he has paid attention to me each visit and interaction.
We had only male factor ( elected sterilization) that was our issue. My AMH is high for my age so meds were minimal.
I actually really love all the nurses. I particularly am grateful to Terry who did my IUI and was so warm and friendly I felt comforted.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I chose this clinic based on the overall reputation but mainly because of the doctors. I find each of them to be uniquely wonderful. I cant imagine that anyone wouldn't find a fit with any one of them. Their rates are the best locally and I know they are forward thinking based on protocols etc.
Costs were for monitorings, consult visits, and IUI procedures as well as sperm storage.
Raleigh
We loved having Dr. Meyer as our doctor. In our initial meeting, he was very straight forward with us and listened to our past experiences/future concerns. Dr. Meyer worked with us and tried to help us out with medications/samples if he could. He was there for us whenever we had questions. My husband and I would not change our experience for anything in the world...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Just listen and have faith :)
The entire staff at Carolina Conceptions treated us like family from our very first appointment while still working in an efficient manner. Dr. Meyer was there for us every step of the way to answer any questions that we may have had (despite the time of day).
My husband and I completed a fresh IVF cycle. Immediately following our initial visit, I started an Ovasitol supplement twice a day. Dr. Meyer prescribed Menopur and Gonal-F to stimulate my ovaries/produce as many quality eggs as possible. Lupron along with HCG to trigger for retrieval. Progesterone injections started soon after the transfer and have continued during the first few weeks of pregnancy.
The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is amazing! They greeted you with a small every time you walked through the door. They answered any questions/concerns that we had and went beyond to help us if that was not their area of expertise.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions treats you like family the moment you walk in the door. The staff works efficiently, which minimizes wait time. Everyone on staff is very knowledgeable in their field of expertise.
As a teacher, I received half-off an IVF cycle. Some ultrasounds and labwork were extra, but didn't break the bank. The pharmacy they recommended also worked with another pharmacy to reduce the cost of my medications.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer is practical, knows exactly what to do, and how to change treatment when necessary. He is very direct, but is very nice about it at the same time. He does not waste time. He answers emails quickly and he has even called me to check on what decisions were made with nurses based on the injections that would be cheaper for me...He always talked with us candidly and honestly. He listed to everything I said and answered all of the questions that I had. He is very easy to talk to and has a fantastic personality...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions in person or via email. Dr. Meyer is very approachable.
Dr. Meyer remembered my husband's and my occupations. He always talked with us candidly and honestly. He listed to everything I said and answered all of the questions that I had. He is very easy to talk to and has a fantastic personality.
I started Femara the day I came for my first appointment with Dr. Meyer because at my ob-gyn I used two cycles of Clomid that did not work. Femara did not work, and I waited until I started my period to begin injections. On day 3 of my next cycle I started 75 IU of Gonal F. After 4 days of injections (5/25-5/28) I had to stop them because I also had an HSG. Through the HSG I found out that I had an arcuate uterus and a strange spot on the right side of my uterus. I had surgery on 6/6. Dr. Meyer operated and the strange spot was just tissue, and he "fixed" my arcuate uterus. Everything went very well and I took Provera to finish the cycle. With the next cycle, (on 6/25) I started the same injections: 75 IU of Gonal F for 6 days, then two days of 75 IU of Gonal F plus 0.25 mg Cetrotide; the following day I used Ovidrel, and 36 hours later timed intercourse. My follicles after 4 days of Gonal F were a proper size, and that is why I continued with Gonal F. After 3 more days of Gonal F (plus one day of Cetrotide) one of my follicles was mature, and another one was close. Dr. Meyer told me to do one more day of Gonal F + Cetrotide to have the 2nd follicle get to the right size. Two days after intercourse I started Progesterone, and 16 days after the Ovidrel shot I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!
The nurses were very knowledgeable in the treatments and when taking ultrasound scans. They were very nice, friendly, and approachable. Every time I called, they called me back within a reasonable time frame and had all of my questions answered.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is excellent. It would be great if all doctor offices had the staff, nurses, doctors, financial coordinators, and everyone else Carolina Conceptions has. The speed with which the patients are seen is incredible! The first thing you notice is the friendly faces of the the office assistants. They remember you and are so uplifting every time you visit the office.
Office visits, ultrasounds, surgery (hysteroscopy), HSG, blood tests, Gonal F class. The prescription pills, injections, and progesterone suppositories were purchased outside of the clinic.
Raleigh
I have been satisfied with the care we have received through Dr. Meyer, however, communication as to how the monitoring and cycle would proceed under the care of any of the 3 doctors in the practice would have been nice...Make sure you have your list of questions (if you have any) ready as he is generally very quick in the monitoring appointments. He does answer all of your questions but I typically get the impression that they are very busy and he needs to move on to the next patient...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
We have seen Dr. Meyer for every one of our IVF visits to date. Although we originally met with Dr. Park, Dr. Meyer has performed all of our ultrasounds. There was some confusion at first about med dosage, etc. as Dr. Park came up with the protocol but Dr. Meyer was the one communicating and executing it. At first, I wasn't sure if I like Dr. Meyer's approach, but I've grown to trust and appreciate his directness. I know that Carolina Conceptions is a busy place and that to the doctors, this is just another day at the office, but for those of us going through ART, this is one of the most monumental experiences we'll ever go through. I do trust Dr. Meyer, however, I don't know that I've always felt "heard" when I voiced concerns or posed questions.
When we first visited Carolina Conceptions, we met with Dr. John Park to discuss our treatment options. We came up with our plan to move forward with IVF and I was issued my protocol. I was not told that I would most likely be seen by the other RE's in the practice and we haven't seen Dr. Park since our initial consult. I have been satisfied with the care we have received through Dr. Meyer, however, communication as to how the monitoring and cycle would proceed under the care of any of the 3 doctors in the practice would have been nice.
Antagonist protocol - gonal-f and menopur with lupron/hCG trigger to prevent OHSS. Cycle currently in progress, results TBD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Elisa Miller)
We met with Elisa for our IVF class. She was great at explaining what to expect, showing us how to do the injections, etc. She is very responsive via email and is accessible.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths - Great success rates, wonderful front office staff, great doctors and compassionate nurses Weaknesses - The phone triage system. Trying to get through to the front desk is very difficult and frustrating at times. Communication about how you may see all three doctors (or one more than the other) and not just the doctor you originally met with. Feeling "rushed" during monitoring visits.
There are a few options for the IVF cycles - a standard fresh cycle, the "ONE" plan, and then the cost of a FET. Single Cycle (Standard IVF) = $10,155 (plus additional charges for PGD/PGS, ultrasounds, labs, SA's, medications, and embryo storage) Frozen Embryo Storage (FET) - $3,000 (plus additional charges for ultrasounds/labs, embroy storage, and meds) The ONE (One Normal Embryo) Plan with FET - $15,225 (plus ultrasounds, labs, medication, PGS testing, embryo storage, etc).
7 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Meyer predicted that after just one egg retrieval that I would have enough eggs to have at least one baby, likely two, and maybe even more. I felt confident that I was making the right choice given that he was so confident that he could give me a baby after one round of treatment. He initially took a conservative approach because my hormone levels looked so good, but halfway through taking the injectable hormones, it was determined that I only had a few potential follicles and my first round was ended. We started over again using more drugs than before and even though my results were no where near as good as he had initially predicted, from what I've read they were pretty typical for a woman my age. After my egg retrieval, he gave me a 50% chance of having one baby.
7 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
My gut feeling is that Bill Meyer is very good clinically. However, he is also a sales person. He confidently predicted much better results than what were achieved. Also, when his nurse didn't call in the correct amount of fertility drug medication he had prescribed for me, I questioned what was shipped to me, and he changed his prescription to match what she called in and said even though that is not what he wanted for me that it would still be fine. I was uncomfortable with that because I believed he must have had a reason for prescribing that much. Although, now, I don't know that it made a difference. So maybe he was right. That was just one mistake that his nurse made concerning my care.
I believe he is a very competent fertility specialist. Just remember, he is also a business man selling a service.
I was satisfied with Dr. Meyer's bedside manner. I chose neutral for a rating in regards to if I was treated like a number or a human. He is very dry and to the point which I don't mind at all. I appreciate hearing the facts and I don't feel any need for a more personal interaction. However, as a healthcare provider myself, I can imagine many patients not being satisfied with his non-personal approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terri Hunter)
My nurse made a few mistakes and I was not at all pleased with her. She also didn't seem to care the least bit. She called in one of my drugs incorrectly to the specialty pharmacy. She failed to send orders to the local doctor's office/lab, and when I went into the local office that morning as my nurse had instructed, the local office and local lab said they couldn't provide me with care without the orders. This was very stressful as it was early in the morning before I had to get to work and it was a challenge to get hold of someone at Carolina Conceptions at such an early time to place the orders. Also, when my hormone injectable protocol was changed, the nurse typed out the new instructions in an e-mail and somehow I figured out that something didn't make sense and I called her on it and she then made the necessary correction, but didn't seem the least bit sorry that she had made a mistake. She didn't seem to appreciate how much money I was spending or how much doing this procedure meant to me. She also gave me poorly thoughout advice on how much more medication to order because she failed to account for shipping and timing of delivery. It was my first time doing a treatment and I expected her to be experienced and not drop the ball on her end and hoped she would even handle my case with foresight.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk is very friendly and professional. The financial person, Kelli Moege, was not helpful. I mentioned that my understanding of my insurance was that it would help pay for my drugs. She insisted that I didn't know what I was talking about and showed a little attitude. In the end, I was right, they did help pay a portion of my drug cost. She presented me with an estimated range of drug cost. I paid for my treatment at the clinic that day, believing that my drug cost would not go higher than the range she gave me. My drug cost were $3000 more than the maximum she had presented to me. I called when I found out the amount and was told that perhaps I was using one of the more expensive pharmacies. I told them that I was using the pharmacy that they chose for me. No one asked if I wanted to shop around. She then tried to say that they chose that pharmacy because it would accept my insurance, but remember, the day that my drugs were called in to the pharmacy, Kelly scoffed at the idea that my insurance would cover any of my drug cost. So, why do they provide a low range prediction of drug cost? I was being treated conservatively; so, I wasn't buying any more drugs than most patients. I think they give a low range because at the same time they are presenting their fees for services and they want to keep the expense total low. That way people will decide to move forward and pay the clinic fee. The patient doesn't find out until later what the drugs are really going to cost.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
My monitoring appointments were done at a local clinic, not by Carolina Conceptions.
The retrieval was $6950.00 Plus, $300 for anesthesia. Plus, $475 for one year of storage.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Meyer was very honest, to the point and direct. He covered the pros and cons and did not seem motivated by money. I truly appreciated his candor. I often saw other doctors in the practice as they rotated days, but I felt that they were all competent and had a common goal. If I could have had my way, I would definitely prefer to have the same MD and RN every time and have unlimited time and nurturing with them, but I don't feel that it is realistic. A busy clinic means lost of experience… and ultimately, they are rated on success so they want good results as well.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I didn't get the result I wanted, so I can't boast about his skill set, but I would advise patients to lay out their expectations on the first visit so that they aren't disappointed. Ultimately, a baby is the desired result and all the time and emotional support in the world won't be consolation if the process is unsuccessful.
Being a healthcare professional myself, I am not easily offended by the need for productivity and turning over patients. The process was definitely that of an assembly line, but I did however get the attention I needed when I was in front of the MDs and RNs. My main concern is the skill level of the staff.
All I really recall is frequent lab tests and ultrasounds. My instructions would tell me exactly when to take my meds and my appointments were adjusted based on my results. The lab and embryologist are on site so there were no concerns with freezing and sending samples.
the nurses were very busy with a constant stream of patients. I did not however feel that they were at fault for that. They have to keep up with the requirements. There was very little emotional support but their technique was good. I didn't experience any errors or concerns. The phlebotomists were very capable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths - experienced staff and one stop shopping. All aspects of the process from donor to lab to embryologist are all on site. They do so many procedures that the process is a well oiled machine. Weaknesses - Due to the large number of cases, in-depth root cause analysis is probably not done when the result is negative. They need to move on to the next patient. All the staff were very friendly and tried not to show the urgency that they are under to handle so many patients, but it was apparent simply by the lack of therapeutic communication, counseling and the buzz of the clinic.
I don't recall the exact cost, but I did feel that they would nickel and dime you to death. they offered discounts but only on packages that ended in multiple failures. There was no opportunity for saving money or appearance of empathy when repeated investments were needed. I used a donor embyro, and that donor had many frozen embryos available. I paid to be put on the wait list, only got 2 embryos, when the pregnancy test was negative I had to pay again to be put back on the 6 month wait list. I had requested to use more of that donor's embryos and I was not given the opportunity. they went to the next person on the wait list.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I moved from Boston to Charlotte, NC. in 2015 and the fertility center in Boston recommended Carolina Conceptions. Although I was living in Charlotte, I made the drive to Raleigh (3 hours away) and I am so glad I did! I made an appointment with Dr. Meyer and I am happy to report, in June 2016, after one round of IVF, I gave birth to my son TJ. Dr. Meyer, after evaluating me and my husband, we had some things we were up against but he explained his plan for us and provided details that were very easy to understand. Although the message was not exactly what I wanted to hear, I really appreciated how effectively Dr. Meyer communicated our situation. He was always accessible too. On several occasions I would send an email asking questions and he responded himself! I really appreciated that. I felt like "his" patient. He took the time to "know" me. I appreciated that he was professional. I was looking for a doctor that was confident and empathetic when the situation called for it. He was friendly but always about the task at hand and I loved that about him because he was just as dedicated to make this happen for us as we were! Trying to have a child is a very personal and INTENSE journey! I had a wonderful experience and absolutely recommend Carolina Conceptions!
Not just for Dr. Meyer but really any patient seeking IVF treatment. It is NOT for the faint of heart! You have to really want this and be dedicated to the plan set forth by your doctor and his team of professionals. As for a patient that will be seen by Dr. Meyer, I would tell them to be COMPLETELY honest about everything. This will give you the best chance because it will give him with as much information about you to make the right plan for you.
Dr. Meyer from day 1 didn't hold back and I really loved that about him. His bedside manner is excellent in delivering information. Also, after evaluating me and my husband, he explained what his plan was for us with detail that was very easy to understand. I was very excited to have him be my Dr. through this process.
This was over 2 years ago but to the best that I can remember, I was placed on a contraceptive, a patch, and then a series of injections. Contraception: I took for about 1 month. AndroDerm Patch: Placed on my body for a number of days. Hormone Therapy: I was instructed to begin with a series of injections over the course of over a week or so. Trigger Shot: I injected myself with this at the specific date / time the night before the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Elisa)
I thought the entire staff was professional and available to answer any questions you had during the entire process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I never waited more than 10-15 minutes upon arriving to the office. The staff at the front of the office are AMAZING! Dr. Meyer is professional and genuine. The office is clean and they have a large operation there. Everything is done right there!
My out of pocket expenses were over 10,000 between office visits, labs, and medication.
We discussed this and based on my age, medical records and specific circumstances, he left this decision up to me. I opted for 2 embryos the day of my transfer.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer is an awesome physician who truly treats his patient with understanding and gentleness, i have visited other clinics and am yet to come across anyone who is close to Dr. Meyer. From the first time i visited the clinic he was happy to have me as a patient , i felt welcomed and finally i had a doctor who treated me like a human being with a special need.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
For future Patients, i can assure you , you are in the right hands and he aims to see your dreams and desires fulfilled. He listens and try's to explore options to help, so open your heart and lay you problems and ask questions.
Dr Bill is a very warm person, from the minute he sees you it's like you have know each other for years. A good example, the last time i had visited was about 2yrs before i was able to return back, when he saw me he greeted me very warmly and picked up the conversation from where we left off from the last treatment, it was like i had returned home, i felt very comfortable and happy. As compared to other places i have been to.
They made me feel comfortable and relaxed anytime i visited the clinic . I guess a weakness is that no one called me to find out while i was under going treatment to find out if all is well.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic it clean, the nurses make you feel comfortable and keep your made relaxed. Training is offered before you start your training although i wish it was for free.
the total cost of drugs of the second treatment and procedure was a sum total 0f 4000 dollars my insurance does not pay, first time around we spent 3000 dollars out of pocket.
i have never attempted eSet.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I enjoyed him [Dr. Bill Meyer] he was relatable and very good at answering my husbands concerns and questions during our visits I just didn't see him for all of them. He was very friendly and remember me by name whenever I was there even seeing another doctor other than him which I appreciated. I just wish I would have gotten a phone call instead of random email when my one cycle was cancelled
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I enjoyed him he was relatable and very good at answering my husbands concerns and questions during our visits I just didn't see him for all of them. He was very friendly and remember me by name whenever I was there even seeing another doctor other than him which I appreciated. I just wish I would have gotten a phone call instead of random email when my one cycle was cancelled
tell him if you prefer calls and not emails
it was nice that they always knew my name and would speak to me in the halls even if I wasn't seeing him that particular day. The only thing I wished would have been different is on the time they cancelled my cycle I didn't get a call to explain just a general email and no follow up call or response to my email.
I wanted to start off slow because of medical history we did clomid but I didn't like the side effects. We then did injectables with time conception and then injections with IUI several cycles, I OHSS one of them and had to get IVs and saw the other dr and nurses for that. Dr meyer only did one of my IUI and was very nice but I wish I had more calls or follow up to make me understand why I needed to cancel one of my cycles when I had OHSS previously and was allowed to continue. I later went on to IVF after my IUIs didn't work and am now 8 months pregnant with our first child and hope to someday have another:)
every nurse was great. I just had one nurse jessilyn that didn't return any of my emails and said they went to her junk mail even after I responded to her orginal email. She was the one who went over the IVF procedure with me and she didn't tell me I would need to be on birth control for 2 weeks prior so that set me back another month. I normally saw the other nurses and they were all great
during IVF no bloodwork was covered which I wish I knew before, I still would have done it but it would have been nice to expect the price of 200-300 each visit for those 10 days.
Raleigh
He [Dr Meyer at Carolina Conceptions] takes the time to really answer your questions, whether during an appointment or through email. He made it very clear to us that we had poor chances of being successful with IUI. When we decided we wanted to try that route first, he took an aggressive approach which I appreciated. I know a few folks personally who had success with Carolina Conceptions, so it brings me hope. I would recommend this practice.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is a great doctor and responds to emails I send him very quickly (often within the hour). I don't have to wait long to get an appointment either which I appreciate.
Bring in a list of questions to ask and take notes! Dr. Meyer is very knowledgeable and you may leave with your head spinning because of all the information!
Dr. Meyer is a very knowledgeable doctor. He takes the time to really answer your questions, whether during an appointment or through email. He made it very clear to us that we had poor chances of being successful with IUI. When we decided we wanted to try that route first, he took an aggressive approach which I appreciated. I know a few folks personally who had success with Carolina Conceptions, so it brings me hope. I would recommend this practice.
We were diagnosed solely with male factor infertility. Dr. Meyer said we were candidates of IUI because the MFI is mild enough, but he made it clear to us that our chances of success were low. To take a more aggressive approach and to increase out chances as much as possible, Dr. Meyer prescribed me injectables (follistim) to prepare for our IUI. Injectables give you the best chances if you're dealing with MFI. We've had two unsuccessful IUIs so far, and will try one more (because we have 3 covered under our insurance) before moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Tammy Enders)
Tammy is very knowledgeable and responds to emails and returns voicemails very quickly!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions has very friendly office staff and it is a very comfortable clinic to visit. They are also very flexible with appointment times, which is great considering you are visiting the clinic very frequently during treatment cycles.
So far our treatments have been covered under our insurance policy, so we have only been responsible for our co-pay.
16 Eggs Frozen
16 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I loved seeing Dr. Meyer first and foremost because he was smart, competent, and an expert in his field. It seems to me he’s a bit on the conservative side, meaning he errs on the side of always protecting his patient and not trying to get the most eggs possible. There are risks associated with the egg retrieval process and he was extremely careful (there was a part of me that wished he wasn’t *quite* so careful but it was probably for the best). I think it is also his practice to avoid impregnating women with twins.
I don’t think you need any advice. You’re in good hands.
Dr. Meyer was warm and kind and I felt comfortable with him.
It’s been quite a while since I went through egg retrieval and unfortunately, I’ve forgotten the specifics. I do remember that when I compared my protocol to what other women on the internet were doing my medications were conservative/low dose. And I didn’t have any other complications like some of those women on the internet were experiencing.
I have been so happy with every single interaction I’ve had at Carolina Conceptions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I returned to Carolina Conceptions this year because I’m not getting my period. I wasn’t sure if they would see a patient for something like that, but Dr. Park was totally willing. He is an exceptionally warm patient doctor and very generous with his knowledge. When I told him I was an artist he asked if I had an examples of my work. And more importantly, he took the time to explain things to me I’ve been wanting to know my life about why I don’t get my period. He even drew a graph. After he prescribed medication I emailed him to let him know I’d been having depression as a side effect. He called me at home to discuss it and adjusted my treatment plan. I could not be more impressed with the doctors (and nurses) at Carolina Conceptions. If you’re in the Raleigh area and you need fertility treatment, this is the place to go!
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Meyer is very compassionate and truly cares! I saw him for most of my appointments when a Dr. Had to check my lining to make sure I could go on with my treatments. He was also the Dr who performed my embryo donation implantation, which was successful!... Dr. Meyer was one of the doctors I saw when I went in for my uterine lining checks and ovulation appointments. He would tell me if I could go on with treatment, take my trigger shot, or if I should start another round. He also was the dr who implanted my embryo (embryo adoption/donation) which was successful! I now have a baby girl who is 15 months old and we couldn't be more thankful!!!!
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Listen to what he has to say. He knows what is best and cares about how this whole process effects you. Dr. Meyers understands it can be frustrating and is there to listen and help you.
Dr. Meyers was always friendly and always made myself and my husband feel at ease and very comfortable. He was wonderful
Tammy was amazing! She always returned my phone calls and emails! She is very informative and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is a great facility! Everyone is so nice and really cares about you! They understand that infertility is difficult and frustrating. They really try to make you feel at ease! I absolutely love them all!
I'm not sure if individual costs associated specifically with Dr. Meyer but when we saw a Dr it was around $70 copay and the entire cost of 3 IUIs and the Embryo Implantation was around $7-8,000. (I could be off)
PCOS, Other
Be prepared for a an honest and direct conversation, he [Dr. Meyer] is willing to answer any question... I appreciated for the times we had consultations that he invited us into his office for focused time... I believe his confidence in treatment options avaialable renew your sense of hope. He is willing to share the good and the bad, setting expectations for what might happen but each case is unique.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Meyer speaks confidently and directly. With bad news it comes across as insensitive at times, but I believe his confidence in treatment options avaialable renew your sense of hope. He is willing to share the good and the bad, setting expectations for what might happen but each case is unique. I appreciated for the times we had consultations that he invited us into his office for focused time.
Be prepared for a an honest and direct conversation, he is willing to answer any question, so be as prepared as possible to get the most out of the visit.
It felt as if my higher risk and concerns for the diagnosed anaotomical anomalies were not impacting suggested treatment plans. Dr. Meyer was fairly blunt that to get over some of the difficulties and symptoms I had from the treatment plan of injections and timed intercourse for 3 cycles. My PCOS and body did not respond well to the treatments, and we had 3 failed attempts all resulting in negative pregnancy tests. Dr Meyer was confident in the treatment plan, but the news that he shared with me was abrupt and certainly not expected and could have been more soft in delivery. I felt very human around the rest of the staff and they were always courteous and accommodating. I also felt a strong sense of hope when I walked in each time.
Dr Meyer knew that with PCOS I was not ovulating on cycle and with one ovary I had to regulate my cycle with injections. He also suggested an additional mayo-inositol supplement to take leading up to the cycle. We had regular monitoring visits and adjusted treatments as needed to speed up or slow down stimulating follicles. When my follicles were stimulated I had 2-3 large follicles each cycle, but that part of the treatment was painful and uncomfortable for me.
Courtesy was afforded at each step and they were good at explaining the process to make you feel more at ease. The nurse would be waiting for you after you got dressed to go over any additional details.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
In the same building with an acupuncturist for complimentary sessions to toe treatment. Office hours with early and weekend hours allow you to work into your schedule easily. Space is clean, but could use a refresh on the interior. Lab, treatment and procedure space onsite with classes offered.
$9,675 was one treatment cycle of IVF plus medications and copays.
For my case Dr Meyer recommended only a single embryo transfer. The reasoning is that with a smaller uterus, the risk of multiples would add another layer of complications and we agreed when we got to IVF one embryo would be considered for each cycle.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Meyer is very easy to talk to. He likes to get down to the depth of the problem. He was a problem solver. He was not just focused on me but he also focused on my husband. He offered us infomation, medication, and treatments that we had not been offered in our previous 8 years of treatments. He wasn't concerned about his numbers meaning he wasn't focused on only doing what he thought would get us pregnant. He wanted to maximize our insurance coverage (which didn't include IUI or IVF ) knowing we were not financially able to do another IVF as we had done 2 previous with another clinic in addition to multiple IUI with that clinic that were UNSUCCESSFUL. Dr Meyer was our breath of fresh air he restored our trust in an RE and we would HIGHLY recommend him.
Go prepared with what your treatment goals are and an open mind
We saw Dr Meyer as a consultation and second opinion. We had no desire or money to move forward with another IVF as we had done 2 at another facility. Dr Meyer understood our situation and helped us plan different things we could try. Essentially he said "let's start over at square 1" we truly enjoyed him and he was a breath of fresh air to us in our journey. We did end up doing an IVF with his clinic and sucessfully had twin girls
We doubled my Menopur in addition to the Gonal F. I don't remember dosages. He did a saline transfer before actual embryo transfer, which had never been done before. The transfer took place in a sterile environment not an office room like previous clinic. I asked him if he had any cronin (progesterone for insertion)that he could give me after transfer, which he gladly did at no additional charge. He was always very personable and pleasant. All of the clinic Dr were visable during visits
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
Nursing staff was always friendly
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We started at CC as out first clinic with Dr Park. Our insurance was crap and covered only medication for timed transfers and anything oral. We felt pushed at that time to do an IVF which financially and mentally we were not able to do. We inquired about IUI and we're basically told they would be pointless. Feeling as though we were not being addressed with our concern of maximizing our insurance, we switched clinics and Dr's. In hindsite Dr Park was right but we didn't feel the love so to speak
About 12000.00
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was very helpful in explaining all risks, side effects, and possibilities. He was personable and enjoyable to talk to about questions, comments, and concerns. He took the time to sit down with us and explain each part and why we were taking that route. He also provides alternative routes for us to decide the course of action... After multiple failed trials with injections, medication, and IUIs, we made a team decision to try IVF
European, Other
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open and honest. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions your may have.
He was sure to explain everything and give all options before making decisions.
We eliminated all possible reasons for infertility including tubal blockage, egg quality, male factor, and low ovulation. After determining these were not factors, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. After multiple failed trials with injections, medication, and IUIs, we made a team decision to try IVF
The nursing staff were warm and welcoming. They were always happy to see me at every appointment. They were gentle and did well with all blood draws. I felt comfortable with them throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
There was one doctor that told me one of our babies didn’t survive from our first ultrasound to the next. I asked her to please check again in a specific area. She argued with me but reluctantly did so. Our second baby was found. I would suggest that she search the entire area before telling someone their baby didn’t survive. It was a very traumatic visit in which I requested to only see my doctor in the future.
There was a discount for teachers during the month we did our Ivf. With mediciations and appointments and procedures, the total was just under 10,000$
The doctors left the decision up to my husband and me. We only had two quality embryos and chose to transfer both.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr. Meyer's is a great communicator and has a great bed side manner. When we found out that our first IUI was unsuccessful he said it'll be okay we just need a new plan moving forward. When I became pregnant during our second IUI and needed to havent fluid removed because of hyper stimulation he explained what was going to happen and tried to help me relax so that the procedure could be performed successfully the first time so he didn't have to poke me additional time unnecessarily. We lost the baby due to a blighted ovum and he was very caring and apologetic for our loss. He was hopeful for our 3rd round and left it up to me as to when I was ready to try again as long as my numbers were back to zero.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Listen, discuss, be open, and honest. If you aren't honest then your not only hurting yourself and chances to conceive but also your wasting his time when he could be helping someone who is up front and honest. Listen to what he says. He knows what he is doing and if he has wrong information you can correct him and get things back on track.
He always made sure to sit down and explain everything to my husband and myself. When I severely hyper stimulated during our second IUI he explained how he was going to remove the fluid from my abdomen. He also was very gentle and soothing because having that procedure done hurt really bad. He always asked if we need anything before we left.
We started with Femara and that cycle didn't produce any eggs. He said he was going to have me take Femara, do Follistim injections , Ganarelix, and a trigger shot the next cycle. He asked if we wanted to timed intercourse or IUI. We told him we wanted to do IUI since our insurance covered 3 rounds. He was agreeable to the treatment. Our first IUI produced 2 good eggs I believe. During our second round he had me do just Follistim (higher dosage then the first time) and a trigger shot. The cycle was technically successful even though it ended up being a blighted ovum. Our third cycle he me drop back on my Follistim at first and after my ultrasound increased it a little and I did a Ganirelix shot with trigger. Again the cycle was technically successful even though it ended in a chemical pregnancy. With each of my IUI's he also prescribed progesterone suppositories that I started 2 days after my IUI's. I have PCOS and most women with the syndrome have low progesterone.
The nurses were great. I had one nurse that I dread to see because she was not very gentle with the probe ultrasound and caused more pain then was necessary. They always smiled and talked with me on the way to the room. When I made two trips in to have fluid removed from my abdomen I had 2 different nurses and both were incredible. They tried to calm when they saw I was getting stressed a little. The second nurse was great because it took Dr. Park quite a few times to puncture the fluid pocket and remove the fluid. She told me what a great job I was doing and that it would be over soon.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Their strengths are making you feel relaxed and welcomed. The front desk is amazing. Scott was great and always talked to me when I came in even though it was usually just 7 in the morning he always had a smile and a kind word. The nurses call you by your first name which is great because it feels so informal being called by your last name. Honestly I didn't think they had any weaknesses. Carolina Conceptions is an incredible clinic and when we have the money to go back and try again that's where we'll be going.
My costs were covered by my insurance but I do know that we had to pay up front for our first IUI which was refund back to us when the insurance paid. The cost was $480 that was for my husband's collection and IUI procedure.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Strengths [of Dr. Meyer] are candid, uses statistics, takes into account our emotions, my husband and my difference in accepting egg donation. available via email. great sense of humor weaknesses were mainly that he kept things moving, not much down time, not a lot of hand holding but still was emotionally supportive...one on one consult, started early, talked to us eye to eye, then reviewed records in our presence, would not move forward until our questions were answered, explained how some women initially reject egg recipiency but then accept after seeing the egg donors, talking to other patients etc...
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
strengths are candid, uses statistics, takes into account our emotions, my husband and my difference in accepting egg donation. available via email. great sense of humor weaknesses were mainly that he kept things moving, not much down time, not a lot of hand holding but still was emotionally supportive
you will get the benefits of someone who has worked in a university setting and for the last ten years in private setting . Don't be overly sensitive. He will make you feel at home and usually will joke with you about his idiosyncrancies but also yours
Straight forward egg recipiency, used the refund program, transferred one embryo. offered embryo biopsy but we declined. What was different? Saw photos of egg donors, received every other day progress reports on how the donor was responding, how many eggs were retrieved and how many were fertilized. We ended putting up our extra embryos for adoption at Carolina Conceptions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: michelle)
she helped me decide which donor was best for me. Explained the process, babied me probably a little but I like it. She and Dr Meyer made me laugh because they made fun of the other one in front of me
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
friendly receptionists who they told me had been there awhile. beautiful decorating, easy to keep things private, employees smile, doctors all have different personalities. embryologists called me with progress of my eggs and embryos. Handouts were fair, sometimes too wordy.
very competitive, great refund program that guarantees a life born or you get a certain amount of money back , I think like 80%
IUI, 2 IVF
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
The clinic overall was compassionate and caring. Kind words were always spoken and they treated us like people with feelings, not just another person walking in the door. We were always greated with friendly smiles, and cheerful attitudes. Things were clearly explained to us from the first moment we walked in at our first appointment to our last visit. I always met with Dr. Meyer with the exception of egg retrieval and transfer; however, I was aware of that in advance due to their schedule based on my need to retrieve and transfer timely. We had been to a RE before and had a terrible experience leaving us very hesitant and emotional. Dr. Meyer and the staff at Carolina Conceptions made the second round of IVF comforting from thw first phone call.
Do not hesitate to ask any and all questions that you have.
Dr. Meyer always was respectful and up front wit me and my husband from the first time we met in our consultation to our last few steps out the door upon confirming our pregnancy.
I started out on birth control for a set amount of days, then stopped for a few days before I started injections. There were several injections a day for approximately four days days (I cannt specifically recall because they were stopped earlier than anticipated. I was then told to take the trigger shot (ovidrel) before going in for my retrieval. On the day if retrieval I was told to take two valium about 30 minutes before arriving to the clinic. They hoped for a fice day transfer but ended up doing a three day transfer. They did icsi insemination with the eggs retrieved along with another procedure, assisted hatching. I ended up transferring three eggs and became pregnant with two, delivering one. We lost baby "b" at 16 weeks.
All the nursing staff was always friendly, willing to help, and readily available .
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are a fantastic clinic. Every staff member there is willing to help you and show compassion.
Insurance did not cover any of the procedure, it was all out of pocket. We had to pay a lump sum or finance it. We paid the lump sum, I do not recall specifically, but know it was around $9,000.00, whoch did not include medications. Medications cost was around $4,000.00.
Raleigh
Bill Meyer was straightforward in telling me my weight could cause problems and that I would probably end up with gestational diabetes (which I did); he went through all options and listed the pros and cons; when we did our first transfer it was using fresh embryos. My husband and I were concerned about how high my levels were and that they might negatively impact the viability of the transfer (which ended up happening-they transferred 2 and they did not take. I was later told that yes my levels were extremely high and that is likely what caused the negative transfer). Needless to say we were not happy about that.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask whatever questions you need to and don't be afraid to press the issue-if you feel like something isn't right, say it!!
While under Bill Meyer's care, our phone calls were returned in a timely manner, nurses used our first names, we were checked up on via phone calls, and our million questions were answered (and we weren't made to feel silly or stupid!).
I honestly don't remember much of this. I know I responded really well to the injections used to up my egg count before the egg retrieval. I had a ton of eggs-albeit they didn't all end up being very good, but I had maybe 12 that were usable. Before the first transfer my body responded too well and I ended up with levels that were extremely high.
Friendly, well informed, accomodating, put you at ease
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Spacious waiting area, clean, friendly front desk staff
I did all of my monitoring in Wilmington, NC, where I live
Bill Meyer strongly advocated for the eSET as you are pretty much guaranteed a pregnancy-they back it up and will go another round of the first is unsuccessful. For health risks
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Meyer was very kind and seemed genuinely invested in me as a person...Bill Meyer was a great physician to work with - he was intentional in speaking to the level of the patient with regard to the process and plan, while also addressing other medical issues along the way. He is very personable and helpful...We started with using the fertility meds for a few cycles since there was no real diagnosis that indicated there was a true issue with getting pregnant. When those failed, he offered IUI and IVF as a next step.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
As with any physician, make notes ahead of your appointments to ensure you cover all of the questions and/or issues you may have
Dr Meyer was very kind and seemed genuinely invested in me as a person
We started with using the fertility meds for a few cycles since there was no real diagnosis that indicated there was a true issue with getting pregnant. When those failed, he offered IUI and IVF as a next step. We all agreed to move forward with one IVF cycle due to the costs associated with the cycles completed and the success rate of IUI vs IVF
the nurses were very compassionate and empathetic, while also being honest and straightforward when addressing questions during appointments. They were really great to work with.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think that it's probably important to know that the office is busy and the waiting room can be intimidating, especially at the beginning of our experience. There are a lot of women in and out of the office for various reasons and it seems like there are a lot of women with kids already, in the lobby. It's hard while taking all of the hormones to balance that piece (babies/kids in lobby), but everyone has their one fertility issues/journeys, so be patient and plan ahead (take the earlier or later appointments if you think this will be an issue for you).
over $15,000 in total
No Comments
2008 - 2012
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
I found Dr. Meyer to be too technical and cold in our initial consultation. He did not seem to pick up on our discomfort and shock, instead he just moved right on and then directed us to speak with the financial coordinator without giving us the chance to process all of the information. However, after I became a patient his bedside manner was very warm and pleasant.
2008 - 2012
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
You will need to be prepared for his no nonsense approach in the beginning and be able to communicate with him if you need him to slow things down,. He is an amazing, experienced, caring physician and you will see this if you give him a chance.
When we first met with Dr. Meyer, he was brutally blunt and seemed insensitive to our situation. He delivered information as though we were discussing our car or something. However, when we saw him years later (after failed attempts elsewhere ), he was so much more personable and I definitely felt more like a human. If he had presented more like that in the first meeting we probably would have stayed with Carolina Conceptions from the start.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michele was compassionate, organized and very encouraging! She walked us through the entire process and provided very clear instructions. She promptly responded to phone calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
All of the nurses, physicians, office staff, and lab techs were friendly, professional and helpful.
I think it was $6,000 for donor eggs and total cost with medications and embryo transfer was about $25,000. This was our 3rd attempt, so we spent at least $100,000 total.
It was recommended to transfer no more than one or two embryos due to high risk of multiples. This was explained in a way that put the safety of me and our babies' first.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] was very common sense. Realistic. Caring and very supportive of complimentary procedures like acupuncture. We would come back to the table and evaluate where we were at after every 3 cycles of Timed Intercourse. He was reasonable and actually worked with me so my insurance would be able to cover some medicine expenses. He also was flexible with protocol and took into my personal preferences as well as my overall physical build and makeup.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He was very common sense. Realistic. Caring and very supportive of complimentary procedures like acupuncture. We would come back to the table and evaluate where we were at after every 3 cycles of Timed Intercourse. He was reasonable and actually worked with me so my insurance would be able to cover some medicine expenses. He also was flexible with protocol and took into my personal preferences as well as my overall physical build and makeup.
Just go in with an open mind. Be patient and keep your sense of humor because it is easier to go through fertility when you can laugh about some of the processes.
Carolina Conceptions was a wonderful, caring place that always set realistic goals for treatment. They got to know me during the short time I was with them and were always available to my husband and I throughout treatments. I never felt like I was treated like a number and I felt that they were just as invested in my getting pregnant as I was. Dr. Meyers took time to emphasize self-care during the IVF process, which as a counselor, I appreciated.
We started off with TIC and then after several failed cycles, we looked at our stress levels (sick grandparents, marriages of close family members, building a house) and decided to do 3 more cycles. These cycles failed. We felt that moving forward with IVF was a smart move and Dr. Meyer and the other partners felt that I would be a great candidate for IVF. I was a great egg producer. Plus, because I was a great egg producer and nothing was wrong with my husband's sperm, we could never figure out what the issue was with TIC and with IVF we would be able to control more variables. A TIC round was costing me about 500/600 dollars a round because of medicine and doctors visits. After 6 rounds, we had already spent 3,000+ dollars-- maybe more-- we were getting into an area where spending the money for IVF seemed more financially smart and we were ready. Dr. Meyer was very supportive of our wishes to do the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds and to move forward with the IVF round. The IVF round was a little easier than the TIC rounds because the goal of injections is to produce a ton of eggs (which I did) instead of constant medication adjustments with TIC (we had to go low-and slow so I wouldn't produce more than 3 eggs a cycle--I normally produced 20+)
All the nurses were great. Very compassionate and organized. I enjoyed working with them all. When I had to call after hours about medication questions, a nurse was always available to me and I was great with the level of care they provided.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic works as a big unit so all the doctors and nurse are aware of your case (it seems) and just know that you'll see all the doctors there in addition to your case doctor. When we did our IVF round or any of our TIC rounds, I would see different nurse and doctors at each visit. Dr. Couchman did my egg retrival but Dr. Meyer did my implementation. Dr. Park did many of my office visits. All were great and I would return in the future and refer my sister, cousins, friends and coworkers-- which I have!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Meyer] is straight forward so if you have trouble hearing things you don't want to hear be prepared....He gave me 2 prescriptions one for Femara & one for Tamoxifen to help me ovulate. He put 4 refills on each and that is it. I do not have a follow up or anything since I do not fall in the BMI to go further that is all my treatment will be.... I know that my weight was in issue but I have been cleared by other doctors to do treatment and I felt like he was doing it reluctantly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I know that my weight was in issue but I have been cleared by other doctors to do treatment and I felt like he was doing it reluctantly. I am obese and I understand the risks. I just want some help. I am not 28 anymore.
He is straight forward so if you have trouble hearing things you don't want to hear be prepared.
I would have liked a little bit more understanding.
The only nurse I spoke with was very judgmental about my weight and even gave the provider the wrong BMI she made it 3 points higher than it should have been.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I just think they need to be prepared to hear the worst and if they hear something better than it will make things good. I went in the opposite and the outcome crushed me a lot. I have been working really hard to lose weight and have a child (over 6 years and over 150 pounds lost). I just want help to have a family.
It was actually only $40 but all i did was talk to the doctor and nurse. No tests were not at this visit and nothing but a prescription for pills was given.
2013 - 2017
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] communicated via email for the most part which is ok for simple questions but not for complicated matters or bad news. It was like he didn't have time to deal with me. When things went wrong, we were told we have a child and could maybe have another so we should feel grateful.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He communicated via email for the most part which is ok for simple questions but not for complicated matters or bad news. It was like he didn't have time to deal with me. When things went wrong, we were told we have a child and could maybe have another so we should feel grateful.
Use another clinic
When mistakes were made or things did not go as planned, there were no apologies offered or efforts to ask how they could make it right. When discussed with the practice manager, I was told it was my take on things and made to feel my experience did not matter.
My IVF was a few years ago but it went smoothly as far as protocol and egg production. My embryos didn't develop as planned. Both FETs involved estrogen, methylpred, aspirin, and progesterone supplementation and went smoothly with no adjustments needed.
They were nice overall but you saw many different nurses with no point of care nurse
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic and front staff is nice. However, their treatment of you when things go wrong and compassion matters, is awful. The practice manager is supposed to deal with unhappy patients and difficult situations with empathy and she is the opposite and treats complaints with defensive remarks and no apologies.
IVF with PGS and 1 FET - package deal for $18000 in 2013 I think FET - $3000 plus monitoring ($600) and bloodwork ($100) and meds ($250)
I appreciated the single ET based on PGS.
2012 - 2017
I am always impressed with how Dr. Meyer truly explains things to myself and my wife. He is brilliantly educated and is willing to be creative in treatment, while still making sure the end result will be as closely predicted as possible. We feel like family, not just another patient walking through the door...Dr Meyer has always communicated very well with us. He is candid and straight forward, which we appreciate. He is kind and really wants the best, safest and healthiest result for his patients. He is incredibly smart and you instantly know you can trust his judgment.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I would tell them to listen to all of the options and to not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Meyer explains all of the details well.
The nursing staff has become like a family to us. We feel supported by everyone in the office and the nurses are usually the "first line". As an LGBT couple living in North Carolina, you always have some sorry of anxiety about the support level of your family. The nurses are not only supportive, they all have truly been advocates and family to us.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We appreciate calling and taking to a real person! Your messages and emails are always replied to in a timely fashion. When you walk in, everyone knows you and makes you feel like family. This is important because it's a very stressful and emotional time, the little details add up to help ease what you are going through.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was very knowledgeable, providing information on the plan of care and recent research data, risk and benefits, and mapping out on paper all information. He was able to communicate information in an understanding way and answered questions along the way. He responded promptly to email request and I never felt alone in my journey....
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand. He is very matter of fact and compassionate about his work
Dr. Meyer was very up front with me and responded almost immediately via email to any concerns I had.
Currently in treatment using hormonal agents for IVF stimulation
The nurse that gave me instructions on injections demonstrated information well. Then gave us papers to read over and sign. When I contacted her with questions on meds I was given indirect answers and called back the next day.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Front desk staff compassionate and supportive, lab staff unaware of test (just there to draw blood), financial advisors and doctors were great, clean and comfortable office. There needs to be better communication between nurse and doctor. Example: Another doctor from practice increase dose of medication, pharmacy or nurse knew anything about it and delayed process after several calls to office.
Treatment $7,615, meds $5, 316, office visits $200-300 per visit
The normal is to transfer two embryos and they were against transferring more than 2. You could do a single embryo considering age, AMI, and HSG results.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyers is compassionate and very caring. He understands my goal is to have a child. After a set back, he explained next steps and ensured I recovered from the set back. I am always at ease when I talk to Dr. Meyers, he explains things at my level...very down to earth...He takes the time to explain all of the details and allows you to ask questions... He felt with my health, history IUI was the best way to start out. It failed unfortunately, and I miscarried on the third IUI. We are now proceeding with IVF this month, as due to my age he feels this is the best chance we have now.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask any questions regarding treatment, because he can answer them.
Dr. Meyers is compassionate and very down to earth. He makes you feel at ease with the treatment (s) selected. He takes the time to explain all of the details and allows you to ask questions.
Dr. Meyers first tried IUI with me. We did three cycles of IUI. I used injections that were 225 mg of Gonal F. We used ovidrel and finished the cycle with progesterone suppositories. He felt with my health, history IUI was the best way to start out. It failed unfortunately, and I miscarried on the third IUI. We are now proceeding with IVF this month, as due to my age he feels this is the best chance we have now.
They are all very friendly, ensure understanding, and show compassion. They provide call backs within the same day. They are my cheerleaders!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is purely amazing. They operate like a machine, but keep the patients first and are very organized! I would recommend the clinic to anyone looking for fertility treatments.
I used 13,500 in 2016 for IUI treatments and screenings after a miscarriage. We are now spending 14,000 for IVF. (Includes meds, treatment, transfer, egg retrieval)
He recommends a single embryo transfer for my treatment.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Meyer and his staff were such a support for me and my husband...He is very honest. Don't mistake this as bluntness. He truly truly cares about you and wants you to succeed in adding to your family...I honestly can't say enough good things about Dr. Meyer. I needed someone who was compassionate, yet honest. My husband was uncomfortable at first with parts of IVF and Dr. Meyer thoroughly answered his questions and addressed all concerns. He was exactly who we both needed.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer and his staff were such a support for me and my husband. They grieved with us and then thankfully celebrated with us in the end. There was no doubt that they all cared deeply.
My biggest cheerleaders. Cried right along with me after losses. So supportive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone is so supportive and helpful. I honestly don't have one negative thing to say. And I would feel that way even if we were not able to conceive. Everyone cared SO much.
Most of my medicine was covered by insurance for IVF, but only because it had already been approved for IUI. My insurance covered 3 IUIs, but not IVF. But once the medicine was approved for IUI, it was covered for a year. The PGS testing was an additional $4,500 (approximate). They did provide a teacher discount at the time (one month out of the year). I believe the also offer discounts for nurses, military, etc.
After our transfer with one embryo was unsuccessful, Dr. Meyer was going to transfer 2 for the next transfer. Unfortunately we only had one "normal" embryo after PGS for each cycle, so we were only able to transfer 1.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Meyer is a wonderful doctor he listens, you never feel rushed, he fully explains every aspect of the treatment, he is very knowledgeable on current and past clinical trials and the findings of these trials. In my opinion you would be pretty hard pressed to find another doctor in the area that is better!...Dr. Meyer will answer any question you or your partner have....Everyone on the staff at Carolina conceptions treats you as if you are the only person there.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
my advice to a prospective patient is to take notes...y'all will go over a lot during the appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions...Dr. Meyer will answer any question you or your partner have. Lastly, try not to stress...you are in great hands!!
From the moment you walk into the clinic you will be greeted with a warm smile. Everyone on the staff at Carolina conceptions treats you as if you are the only person there. You never feel rushed! It's truly an amazing clinic!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing!! I absolutely love the nursing staff here!! One thing that I feel is extremely important is communication! They have the communication component down to a "T"!!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Simply put...this clinic is amazing!! The only thing that I would say is a weakness would be...not having someone on the staff who could discuss nutrition to help you better prepare for your IVF cycle.
They offer different payment options and packages (i.e. One cycle, three cycle) they also offer veterans discounts which is amazing!!!
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Meyer was very open and honest about our infertility. He explained diagnoses, but can be very short worded. Dr. Meyer does not always have the best bedside manner, but he wants the best for his patients...Dr. Meyer can speak quickly and sometimes forgets how overwhelmed the patients feel...Dr. Meyer ordered several procedures and lab work to diagnose my infertility. He also referred my husband to a reproductive urologist due to his low sperm count. ..
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very open and honest about our infertility. He explained diagnoses, but can be very short worded. Dr. Meyer does not always have the best bedside manner, but he wants the best for his patientsz
Be very clear with your questions, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Meyer can speak quickly and sometimes forgets how overwhelmed the patients feel.
Carolina conception staff and doctors were very sensitive to all the different emotions that go along with infertility.
I don't remember the specifics, but Dr. Meyer ordered several procedures and lab work to diagnose my infertility. He also referred my husband to a reproductive urologist due to his low sperm count. My treatment started with letrozole and that was not successful. We were then directed to IVF. First IVF was successful, and we had one baby. Started treatment again last year, and had a failed IUI. Proceeded to IVF with only 4 embryos. Implanted 2 embryos and that failed. We have 1 frozen embryo of poorer quality for a FET that we have postponed at this time.
The nursing staff was very helpful and returned all calls quickly. The nurses were very compassionate and respectful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff at the clinic are very responsive to voicemail and questions. They are also respectful and compassionate during entire process.
Raleigh
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] was open to helping us, discussed treatment and risks including percentages of possible pregnancy. I enjoyed the fact that he personally made phone calls to our doctors for clarity on previous tests for determination of diagnosis. Would just request seeing him after each sonogram to discuss how things are looking/going.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He was open to helping us, discussed treatment and risks including percentages of possible pregnancy. I enjoyed the fact that he personally made phone calls to our doctors for clarity on previous tests for determination of diagnosis. Would just request seeing him after each sonogram to discuss how things are looking/going.
Ask questions! Even the ones that you think may be silly
He listened to us about trying for over a year, asked what treatments and tests we had prior, sat with us and contacted our doctors for test results we did not have copies of
We were given DX of PCOS. We started with a sonogram then begin 75 IU of Follistim AQ for days 3 through 7 sonogram thereafter. Continued with 3 more treatments of follistim AQwith another sonogram after. 3 more rounds of follistim AQ and ganarillex . 1 dose of ovidrel and VPS for 14 days. Take pregnancy test in 2 weeks.
The nursing staff answered all of my questions. They were gentle and also walked me through what they were looking for in the sonogram and informed me of the next step in the process
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are very friendly and easy to work with. I would request they open a clinic closer to where I live since I have to travel 5 hours round trip for the sonograms
)copay was specialist cost. Sonogram co-pays were dependent on a doctor or nurse completing the sonogram
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Meyer is very knowledgable and kind. He listens to my needs and concerns, but also does what he thinks will be best for me. He's a great doctor....I appreciate Dr. Meyers's compassion, care, and expertise. He always has a plan and does not let setbacks get in his way. He is determined to help all of his patients conceive. Although I have not yet successfully gotten pregnant, I have faith that with his help, I will conceive.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Do not expect to come away with a complete, 100% understanding of every single thing he does. He is efficient and effective, but does not always explain the why behind all of his suggestions at length.
Dr. Meyer first had me start taking Ovasitol for my insulin deficiency. He then prescribed me with injectables (Ovadril, Ganarelix, and progesterone suppositories) so that we could monitor and induce my ovulation and have timed intercourse. We have completed that unsuccessfully twice. I will be trying it a third time this summer after losing weight. If it does not work, I will consider IUI again.
Every single nurse is helpful, knowledgable, and good at her job at Carolina Conceptions. I am never disappointed.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is clean, efficient, and welcoming. The staff are wonderful, the doctors are great, and I completely trust my care there.
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield, so I only had to pay the copay for seeing a specialist for my visits. I did have to pay a significant copay for my infertility drugs as well, as dictated by insurance.
None
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was very professional and his medical knowledge and explanations made us very confident in his abilities. It was obvious he was experienced and had a track record for success. He was willing to answer any questions that we had.... We needed to do PGD on top of IVF to screen for a debilitating genetic disease that runs in the family. We also did PGS to make sure we had a higher chance of implantation. My wife needed adjustments several times to her medications, which were always clearly explained. We ended up only having 1 embryo that did not carry the genetic mutation. However, we were able to successful have a beautiful healthy baby.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure to ask all questions that you have early on, because other visits it may be another provider.
Dr. Meyer took the time to answer any questions or concerns we had along the way, especially in our meeting before the process began.
Our experience was a little different. We needed to do PGD on top of IVF to screen for a debilitating genetic disease that runs in the family. We also did PGS to make sure we had a higher chance of implantation. My wife needed adjustments several times to her medications, which were always clearly explained. We ended up only having 1 embryo that did not carry the genetic mutation. However, we were able to successful have a beautiful healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry)
The nursing staff were excellent at showing/explaining medication administration, answering questions, and being available outside of office visits via phone/email.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The strengths are great success rates, warm and friendly doctors/nurses, some great front desk staff.
Around $25,000. A lot of that came from the PGD though, since the embryo had to be frozen, sent away, screened, returned, and then implanted.
I appreciated Dr. Meyer's suggestion of sticking with a single embryo transfer if we were on the fence. We did not need to make that decision, but I feel with the success rates they have it is sound advice.
2009 - 2016
Any appointment I had with him [Dr. Meyer], he made them better just because of his warm and funny personality...He had a way of making me relax every time I had an appointment with him. I'll always be grateful to Dr. Meyer and the entire team at Carolina Conceptions...I've done 2 IVF and several FET cycles with Dr. Meyer. He offered me specifics but I can't recall them. I do recall him mentioning going to fertility conferences to find out the latest advances in fertility and used those advances to back up the reasoning for my treatment...
2009 - 2016
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer's is a doctor that is too serious or makes you feel that he doesn't have a clue about your situation. Any appointment I had with him, he made them better just because of his warm and funny personality.
Can't think of one.
Dr. Meyer is a very funny and warm individual. He had a way of making me relax every time I had an appointment with him. I'll always be grateful to Dr. Meyer and the entire team at Carolina Conceptions.
They were great.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My first fertility treatment was in a hospital and it was bad enough that I didn't look for additional fertility treatment for 2 years until a friend recommended me to Carolina Conceptions. This is what Carolina Conceptions had that the hospital didn't: easy parking, little wait times, doctor paid more attention to detail and didn't leave things to chance and the atmosphere of the treatment was more comfortable. I can't think of any weaknesses since they were awesome in everyway compared to the hospital I went to.
I can't remember. I do recall the costs were very similar to other clinics when I started researching them in 2009
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer is always frank, open, clear, and seemingly honest with us. He takes time to check up with personal calls or emails. He leaves time to answer all questions. He trusts his staff and communicates clearly with them when we need to see other doctors for our care...I can't remember specifics because it is all such an emotional roller coaster, but it does stand out that meds and timing were always adjusted as needed. At one point, we had so many eggs that it was dangerous, so we had to stop and start again. We had to adjust meds. I gather that with the classes we took, the procedures for meds and strategies are pretty standard. They use what works, but tailor things to your specific needs and adjust from there.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open to hear out every option you have.
Dr. Myer and his team of doctors, including his medical and office staff all call us by name, talk to us when we see them outside of the office, smile, ask us questions, respond in a comforting way, and take interest in our lives and not just our appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: They are ALL amazing. )
I can't say enough nice things about the medical staff. They all make you feel like family.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It's so expensive. We didn't price shop because we were recommended this clinic by a few friends. The cost is just completely overwhelming. However, they take time to help you with a few options for managing payments and prepare you for what expenses will come ahead.
Again, the process is expensive, but that does not matter when you consider the outcomes.
We had an option to use single or multiple ET. It was totally our choice. We were supported 100% because it was a safe option for us.
Raleigh
Dr Meyer was very knowledgeable and I trusted his judgement and advice. He was not always easily accessible, but he would respond if I emailed questions which helped a good deal of the time. His bedside manner could be a little more warm and friendly.... There was one nurse in particular [at Carolina Conceptions] that was very rude and told me she was sure I wasn't pregnant before I took a pregnancy test (despite my not having a period). Her rationale--I was probably too old to conceive anyway. Yes, she said that to me as a patient of the clinic, clearly trying to get pregnant and believing I might actually be pregnant.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't expect a warm bedside manner.
Dr. Meyer was always pleasant with me (although he did make an inappropriate age joke once), but it was difficult to get to see him. His staff (one nurse in particular) was at times short and rude and unable or unwilling to provide answers to our concerns.
There was one nurse in particular that was very rude and told me she was sure I wasn't pregnant before I took a pregnancy test (despite my not having a period). Her rationale--I was probably too old to conceive anyway. Yes, she said that to me as a patient of the clinic, clearly trying to get pregnant and believing I might actually be pregnant.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: Knowledgeable certified doctors and friendly front desk staff Weaknesses: Horrible nursing staff and not enough information provided to paitents. I was never quite sure what to expect next or what my next steps were.
They were pretty high for all the drugs. I'm a state employee and our insurance does not cover the costs. I have not tried IUI or IVF because of the cost.
2010 - 2011
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] seemed to care. Tried to put us at ease. And he was genuinely excited for us when we did conceive...He was very encouraging and optimistic. We were kept knowledgeable of each step and how the eggs and embryos where developing. He helped us feel hopeful. He kept up with how things where going during the entire procedure. He made us feel comfortable. He was there to let us know when we had a positive pregnancy test and he made that moment memorable even though it was in fact a very stressful situation.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He is a good doctor that will put your needs first... He will be honest but encouraging.
He seemed to care. Tried to put us at ease. And he was genuinely excited for us when we did conceive. Also they called to check up on us during the failed attempt.
I honestly do not remember all the details. I know we used birth control to get my cycle on a schedule. Then I just started the injections when I was told. My eggs were checked... then retrieved.
They where very kind and took great care with their job.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They where great to work with... I felt like we were friends when I came. Some of my tests came back false positive for something, however. I do believe I was put under a week of stress for no reason. They could have retested me the next day instead of making me wait a week and find out from a specialist that it was just a false positive. That was really the only issue I had with them.
I'm not sure of exact numbers. My insurance at the time helped cover a lot of the cost. I believe we wound up paying out 2000... around 15000-2000 was insurance maybe?
We did only two I believe... the odds where better at that time.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer is bright, kind, and easy to reach after hours. He explained the IVF process in detail and was accessible for questions by email or phone as needed....Dr. Meyer [was] always fast to respond to emails and phone calls, patient with questions in the office, and thorough...Appointments available starting at 7:30 which helped with my work schedule, but still meant I had to go in late many times. In-office lab with same-day results.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is bright, kind, and easy to reach after hours. He explained the IVF process in detail and was accessible for questions by email or phone as needed. Office staff was also always very responsive. Appointments were easy to schedule. Dr. Bowling performed our egg retrieval and embryo transfer (which was successful!) and was similarly thorough, patient, and thoughtful.
Dr. Meyer and Dr. Bowling were both always fast to respond to emails and phone calls, patient with questions in the office, and thorough
I met with Tammy to go through the medications I will be using to stimulate ovulation. She was very thorough and organized and able to answer all of my (numerous) patients thoroughly -- and with patience!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Nice building, good medical providers, convenient location, friendly office staff. Appointments available starting at 7:30 which helped with my work schedule, but still meant I had to go in late many times. In-office lab with same-day results.
We are paying for the "One" cycle (with PGS/embryo biopsy and frozen embryo transfer). Approximate cost, not including medications, was $15,000. Hormones and other medications cost ~$7000.
Dr. Meyer recommended eSET due to lower-risk pregnancy with single fetus v twins (they were willing to transfer 2 embryos if we chose) and we are glad we went with that strategy. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant
2012 - 2017
Dr. Meyer is personable. He doesn't mind slowing down and explaining any and all questions...Dr. Meyer is a smart and engaged doctor. He's straight to the point without being short or rude.... We have sent many friends to see him and he also has consulted for other friends that are no longer under his care.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is a smart and engaged doctor. He's straight to the point without being short or rude. We have sent many friends to see him and he also has consulted for other friends that are no longer under his care.
Take notes and ask questions.
I love the nurses at Carolina Conceptions. One of our favorites recently left (April 2017) and It is hard to think about not having her support while at the office. The nurses are kind, spunky and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths - doctors and entire staff. I've heard that the office manager is less concerned about the nurses and their well being, but I have not witnessed that for myself. Weaknesses - my insurance doesn't cover anything. Not one dime. It would be nice for CC to partner with a pharmacy to offer a discount for patients that have to pay for everything out of pocket.
Each IUI was about $3000 including donor sperm. Acupuncture and energy work were also utilized but not at the clinic and those costs are not in the number above.
A singleton birth is the main goal for Dr. Meyer unless the patient has a desire to carry and raise multiples.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was caring but honest and candid about the plan of care he recommended. We are still in the middle of our plan but I trust in his ideas and plan. He took the time to explain the different steps of our process. As we move further along in the process I look forward to his continued explanations and care....Right now we are using oral meds (specifically femara). I also had an hsg to make sure i didn't have blockages. The next step will be injectable meds and iui.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Bring any and all questions, he is great at answering any you may have.
Dr. Meyer took the time to explain our plan of care and I felt hope for the first time in a long time!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
I have not had too much interaction with the nursing staff at this point but the email interactions have been clear, helpful and prompt.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I like the email communication, it's informative, prompt, and much easier than the phone tag game I play with other medical offices
We are around 1000 dollars at this point. This will go up significantly if we go on to the next steps of injectable meds/iui and then ivf.
N/a at this point
Raleigh
I have been extremely nervous about the entire infertility process. Dr. Meyer was very friendly and his positive attitude and knowledge has made me feel hopeful that I too will have my own baby...Dr. Meyer is very knowledgeable and direct. My husband was concerned that we were being recommended IVF immediately, but Dr. Meyer started with medication and are moving forward as we feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
The cost of IVF is shocking. The amount of money can cause a lot of anxiety. I was very sadden to hear that it much is covered by insurance. I don't live near the doctor's office, so I was pleased to hear that there are satellite offices in multiple areas near my home.
As of yet, I have not advanced far enough into my treatment to have contact with many nurses. The staff I have met, have been very nice and very helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I wish I had more written information on the procedures and costs. Also would have been nice to have left with more of a detailed plan with a timeline.
Was provided estimated costs of IUI $4,000 per cycle, first IVF cycle $18,000, more IVF cycles $4,000 each. Was informed that some prescription costs may be covered by insurance.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyers is awesome. From the very first visit to listening to my concerns and fears. He always listens and give his honest feedback. Very knowledgeable and the office staff is also great. I also like that he is available to answer any questions via email...One of his basic strategies is to start of with basic interventions. First, we discussed the use of provera to induce period and then femera for ovulation. Due to using donor sperm we decided to do IUI. He didn't do any unnecessary testing etc because I had them previously done.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open minded and ask questions.
I definitely felt like a human being. First visit you meet in his personal office which is nice instead of an exam room. And he's always available via email.
Great nursing staff. Remembered my husband and I. Returned calls in a timely manner and listen to my concerns.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I liked that I am able to be seen quickly for future apppointments. Very minimum wait time during appointments. Attentive staff.
The cost was reasonable. The financial counselor meets with you the first visit to discuss cost.
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer was very compassionate with our care. He would reach out to us just to check and see if we had any questions, which was refreshing. I appreciated how involved he was with our case and the time he took with us.... Honest and straight forward with our questions and concerns helped put our mind at ease.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure you are prepared for your appointments, while you are paying for a service show your provider the respect of being prepared. I always went to my appointments prepared and ready because my time was valuable as well as his.
Dr. Meyer and the CC staff did an amazing job throughout the entire IVF process. Honest and straight forward with our questions and concerns helped put our mind at ease. I would recommend Dr. Meyer and his team to anyone looking to expand their family.
Nursing staff as a whole were good. I did communicate with them frequently through email as this is the best way during my day to converse. They were great with their response time and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Clinic was overall a good experience. I had the opportunity to be monitored by my local OBGYN so I was able to coordinate the monitoring visits with them and communicate results wit CC staff. They were great at communicating with me.
Raleigh
My first visit with Dr. Meyers I was not real impressed. I had been for several visits and had never meet him. The second visit was much better. After that he was the one to do all my procedures and was very nice. I felt much better after the IUI procedure, and after that it just happened that he was the doctor to do, egg retrieval, FET and he was good! I guess I just had to get to know him. Going for my first OB scan soon and he just may be the doctor and if so that is fine!..Give him time, he is good and will lighten up! It just took me a while to warm up to him. He is straight to the point, which I like!
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
All my visits at Carolina Conceptions has been good. They have always been nice and delivery what they said. They have kept in contact with all updates and testing.
He did not do my treatment plan, Dr. Parks did!
All the nursing staff was great! I do have a favorite, Terry!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have no negative experiences!
They told me $10,500.00 plus motoring visit which cost around$300 per visit! Then medication were additional! I had to pay out of pocket, self pay!
They would only do 2 embryo transfers!
Raleigh
Dr.Meyer is one of a kind. He is very knowledgeable and brilliant. His bedside manner is unbelievable. Before we seen him we had been through so much and he was honest and didn't sugar coat anything. He always asked about my feelings making sure this process wasn't taking a toll on me. You will never find a doctor that cares about you and not just a number...
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Listen to everything he says. Don't research everything and trust in him that he knows best.
We have been to other facilities where we felt like just a number but Dr.Meyer went above and beyond on every aspect of our treatment.
We did one round of IVF that resulted in two twin girls. I can't exactly remember the protocols he used now.
Top notch sraff. We never waited over 5 minutes to see anyone
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone from the receptionist (he is amazing) to the doctors are wonderful. Everytime we were seen they each knew our names when we walked in the door.
For the surrounding areas and for what they offered it was the most cost officiant.
2013 - 2014
We tried the least invasive things, timed, iui then finally ivf. After our first round of transfer we had a success full precnancy and birth. Since we have unexplained infertility we though it best not to jump right to ivf. Which is the direction we wanted to go. I think he [Dr. Bill Meyer] read that in our conversations and actions... And we spoke to him really late in the evening not on clinic hours on his cell and he helped us through s tough time we were having.