6.9

Yale

Bill Meyer works at

2601 Lake Dr
Raleigh, NC 27607

he [Dr. Bill Meyer] was shocked to see that we were having such a hard time conceiving at our age. The only thing That was a little iffy to me was that he talked pretty fast so it was difficult to keep up with and remember all the things he said. He was determined to get us answers and even tried to see if there was a way to get the testing covered under our insurance...wanted to run quite a few tests on both me and my husband. Sperm analysis, blood draws, and he also wanted to do an ultrasound with contrast to looks at my ovaries. We’re still waiting on some testing now.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was well kept and organized and the nurses were compassionate. The only weakness I found was that all the testing that we needed to have done had to be done at their office which is about 2 hours away from where we live. Everything else was great!...My husband is in the military and the clinic was very helpful with that...offer some amazing discounts for military couples. I believe it’s around 50% depending on the procedure
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was actually fantastic in my opinion. I saw him at an office down in Wilmington and he was shocked to see that we were having such a hard time conceiving at our age. The only thing That was a little iffy to me was that he talked pretty fast so it was difficult to keep up with and remember all the things he said. He was determined to get us answers and even tried to see if there was a way to get the testing covered under our insurance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
One piece of advice would be to take a note pad with you to take notes
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He really seemed to confident in being able to get us some answers as to why we were having so many issues
Describe the protocols Bill Meyer used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
Dr. Meyer wanted to run quite a few tests on both me and my husband. Sperm analysis, blood draws, and he also wanted to do an ultrasound with contrast to looks at my ovaries. We’re still waiting on some testing now.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
As a new patient (and being an infertility newbie) I was super nervous going to this office. I wasn’t sure what they were going to do or what questions they would ask. Dr. Meyer was amazing at keeping me calm throughout the whole thing and was comforting when I explained our situation. The clinic was well kept and organized and the nurses were compassionate. The only weakness I found was that all the testing that we needed to have done had to be done at their office which is about 2 hours away from where we live. Everything else was great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions.
My husband is in the military and the clinic was very helpful with that. Unfortunately our insurance does not cover any infertility treatments but the clinic does offer some amazing discounts for military couples. I believe it’s around 50% depending on the procedure
Treated 2016 - 2017
I feel like Dr. Meyer was very caring and compassionate. I felt he was very thorough in his explanations and plan for my care. I fully trust him with my care. I do feel as if the communication between him and his partners, as well as other staff, was lacking...To prepare for egg retrieval I was placed on 3 injection medication. 20 units of lurpon twice daily, 1 vial of menopur twice daily and 225 IU of gonal f twice daily. I was told these were the highest doses I could take, I was on high doses for low AMH level.
I think if you are struggling with infertility that this practice [Carolina Conceptions] is one that can help you. They have been very helpful, kind, compassionate and patient with us...I thought that the nursing staff was great! They were awesome in our care. Again, the only complaint I have is that they were not on the same page as far as our changes in our plan of care...I just felt there was some lack in communication among physicians and staff.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I feel like Dr. Meyer was very caring and compassionate. I felt he was very thorough in his explanations and plan for my care. I fully trust him with my care. I do feel as if the communication between him and his partners, as well as other staff, was lacking. I found out during my first pelvic ultrasound that I had a uterine fibroid that required myomectomy. This changed my course of treatment in which we had planned. Upon talking to Dr. Meyer's partner and some other staff in the office they continued to tell me that we were on the same original plan and I had to keep telling them that there had been changes. His partner performed my egg retrieval and she didn't even measure the fibroid or have answers to my questions about our plan post op. I felt as if the communication could have been better so those involved in my care we're updated on what was going on.
Expect the unexpected and make sure you are always on top of what's going on
As a patient of this practice, when dealing with physicians, I felt as is they were very available to answer questions or concerns I had. Even after hours and over weekends. Anytime I sent an email day, night or weekend I always received a response that day. I felt like I was treated with much care.
To prepare for egg retrieval I was placed on 3 injection medication. 20 units of lurpon twice daily, 1 vial of menopur twice daily and 225 IU of gonal f twice daily. I was told these were the highest doses I could take, I was on high doses for low AMH level. For after the egg retrieval I was placed on an z pack antibiotic for 6 days, a steroid twice a day for 5 days and estrogen until further notice.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think if you are struggling with infertility that this practice is one that can help you. They have been very helpful, kind, compassionate and patient with us.
We paid $10,365 which includes egg aspiration, ultrasound guidance, egg identification, sperm wash, egg insemination, culture of eggs, embryo prep for transfer, embryo glue, transfer, nitrogen. Also this costs covered our nursing class to be taught about injections, cryopreservaton, anesthesia and a cycle management fee to cover us being monitored by another practice, as we love out of town. The injection drugs that were needed costs right around $8,000. We paid anywhere from $150-$300 per visit for lab work and ultrasound to monitor follicles. We had 5-6 visits for lab work and ultrasound.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
Nothing necessarily went wrong, I just felt there was some lack in communication among physicians and staff.
Treated 2017
Dr. Meyer provides a lot of information in your first consultation. You may end up having questions after your first visit. Don't hesitate to make a follow-up appointment(s) to get answers to your questions. There are also you tube videos (a little out dated) but give you a general idea of what to expect for an IVF transfer... This resulted in a retrieval of 4 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. On Day 3, all 3 embryos had divided into about 8-9 cells. And on Day 5, only 1 embryo had developed into an early stage blastocyst which was transferred on Day 5. The rationale to wait until Day 5 was because there were 3 viable embryos on Day 3 as opposed to having only 1 or 2 on Day 3. This way, had there been 3 blastocysts on Day 5, we could have selected the 2 best for transfer.
In the last 5 months, we have worked with several nurses (Michelle, Terry) and staff at Carolina Conceptions. You get the feeling that the nurses and entire staff from the front desk attendant, Keisha, to the financial coordinator, Kelly, is pulling for your success. It feels like a family at times and was just what we needed when we encountered bumps in the road... This resulted in a retrieval of 4 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. On Day 3, all 3 embryos had divided into about 8-9 cells. And on Day 5, only 1 embryo had developed into an early stage blastocyst which was transferred on Day 5. The rationale to wait until Day 5 was because there were 3 viable embryos on Day 3 as opposed to having only 1 or 2 on Day 3. This way, had there been 3 blastocysts on Day 5, we could have selected the 2 best for transfer.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Meyer appears to be very knowledgeable with regard to fertility treatment options and gives a lot of information related to the process. You get the feeling that both he and the entire staff are really in your corner and pulling for a successful outcome. In our case, he analyzed the procedural outcome and test results during treatment to make modifications for our second attempt at IVF.
We completed three rounds of IUI with negative pregnancy results. During this treatment, I injected 225 Follistem daily for 8-12 days. We also have completed one round of IVF treatment with negative pregnancy results. During this time, I injected 225 Follistem and Menopur for 8-12 days. This resulted in a retrieval of 4 eggs, 3 were mature and fertilized. On Day 3, all 3 embryos had divided into about 8-9 cells. And on Day 5, only 1 embryo had developed into an early stage blastocyst which was transferred on Day 5. The rationale to wait until Day 5 was because there were 3 viable embryos on Day 3 as opposed to having only 1 or 2 on Day 3. This way, had there been 3 blastocysts on Day 5, we could have selected the 2 best for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Medlin, Terry Hunter)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
In the last 5 months, we have worked with most of the staff at one time or another at Carolina Conceptions. You get the feeling that the entire staff from the front desk attendant, Keisha, to the financial coordinator, Kelly, is pulling for your success. It feels like a family at times and was just what we needed when we encountered bumps in the road.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs. I paid $35 co-pays for consulting appt, ultrasounds, HSG, semen analysis, monitoring visits/lab work, IUI, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer. I also paid $75 for the class to learn how to self-administer the injectables. Some medications for the second round of IVF were compounded and not covered by insurance. These were about $500 for one round of IVF.
Treated 2017
We used a fairly heavy stim cycle [with Dr. Bill Meyer] as my AMH was .8. It seemed to be exactly right as everything proceeded as expected. We were told that I had 12-15 good follicles and with every set of labs it looked as though we were the perfect IVF candidates. The numbers fit exactly with what we were told and what I read from others. I even felt great and experienced few of the discomforts I was reading about or discussing with others online. We were very, very excited. In the end, the fibroids which were thought to be not a problem apparently made egg retrieval nearly impossible. Not only was only one egg retrieved, but a fresh transfer was made not an option because of complications during the process. We expected to have a retrieval and fresh transfer and instead left with only hope of 1 egg to fertilize and freeze. It was a fail.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions- Raleigh] was generally good. The care coordination and instructions were excellent and we were easily able to get daily updates. They also were good at maximizing our insurance benefits which covered more than we expected.... Slightly dismissive of failure which was huge to us, but then refunded $$ that they did not have to without being asked.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Generally positive. Attitude seemed modern and respectful and he did listen to what we wanted. Slightly dismissive of failure which was huge to us, but then refunded $$ that they did not have to without being asked.
Have your questions prepared and ask them. He will answer anything and gives great information, but does not tell more than you ask.
Conversations were to the point and honest, but also kind and respectful.
We used a fairly heavy stim cycle as my AMH was .8. It seemed to be exactly right as everything proceeded as expected. We were told that I had 12-15 good follicles and with every set of labs it looked as though we were the perfect IVF candidates. The numbers fit exactly with what we were told and what I read from others. I even felt great and experienced few of the discomforts I was reading about or discussing with others online. We were very, very excited. In the end, the fibroids which were thought to be not a problem apparently made egg retrieval nearly impossible. Not only was only one egg retrieved, but a fresh transfer was made not an option because of complications during the process. We expected to have a retrieval and fresh transfer and instead left with only hope of 1 egg to fertilize and freeze. It was a fail.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff were very efficient.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was generally good. The care coordination and instructions were excellent and we were easily able to get daily updates. They also were good at maximizing our insurance benefits which covered more than we expected.
We did have fertility coverage and the clinic was able to use it. We actually paid less than expected after insurance and were returned some of what we paid based on insurance coverage paying more than expected. The costs were very clear and well explained.
Describe Bill Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
They were ope to either, but tended to prefer multiple (2) embryo transfers on women over the age of 38.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Meyer was always positive. I remember my first visit where he told me that I should not have any problems conceiving with the first treatment, which was great...until I did. I saw him cycle after cycle over a year's time. The positivity gave me false hope, especially when he did not thoroughly read my chart/history before the appointment. Several times I had to wait and watch him skim through the chart. It may have been more appropriate to do so prior to walking into the appointment. I still wonder if the course of treatment would have changed if he had been more informed about my history.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is always on time, which is only a bad thing if you are the patient which has to be rushed. The front desk staff and financial staff seemed to remember me more than the nurses or doctor...[Nursing] Strengths: Kind, friendly Weakness: Rushed, not always organized - Once, I had an entire monitoring visit completed when the nurse realized that she was looking at someone else's chart... Also, one of the nurses expressed her disapproval of me going through the IVF process with no intensions of marrying my boyfriend.
Ask questions.
I was never pressured into or out of a treatment plan.
It has been a while since my last treatment and well over a year since I started. I am unsure of my diagnosis, but it was believe that I do not ovulate on a regular basis. My GYN believed that I suffered from PCOS, but Dr. Meyer never talked about that. I was considered young at 30. We started with oral medication to stimulate my ovaries (timed intercourse method). Many follicles were produced but they were very little. We moved to stronger injectable medicine (follistim/gonal f) that would do the same thing in a bigger way. I consistently produced one to two follicles that were the appropriate size for a trigger shot to release them in time for intercourse. However to this day, I still feel like those one to two follicles were actually cysts. I always have a few cysts, but the nurses could not distinguish them from actual follicles once they grew to a certain size. After multiple cycles, we decided on IVF. The same injectable stimulating medicines were used but at a higher dosage prior to egg retrieval. We froze seven embryos, described to us as good quality. We felt pressured by the staff to only transfer one embryo, so we did. It failed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: Kind, friendly Weakness: Rushed, not always organized - Once, I had an entire monitoring visit completed when the nurse realized that she was looking at someone else's chart. She was not looking for the correct things and had to redo the ultrasound. Also, one of the nurses expressed her disapproval of me going through the IVF process with no intensions of marrying my boyfriend.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is always on time, which is only a bad thing if you are the patient which has to be rushed. The front desk staff and financial staff seemed to remember me more than the nurses or doctor.
My initial treatments were covered by insurance, so several copays of $40. Insurance would not cover any IUI or IVF. I did not try IUI. For single IVF, I believe that I paid $14,000 not including monitoring or prescriptions. Monitoring was $300-$400 per visit and I remember having 4 visits. Medication was probably around $5,000.
We felt pressured to transfer one embryo. It wasn't discussed and explained to me until I was in scrubs and waiting in triage for the transfer. It was uncomfortable and we only heard statistics that were pro single. We used the best grade and only transferred one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
I only had one occurrence where the clinic lost my appointment, but I still had the appointment card for proof. They saw me anyway, but I had to wait. As previously discussed, there were a few times when the nursing staff did not have the correct chart pulled up and had to redo work. Also, Dr. Meyer had a habit of not being prepared for appointments, especially consults or follow ups. He did not read the historical information prior to the appointment.

Treated 2013 - 2016
Dr. Meyer is very professional. He speaks quickly and gives a thorough review of you and your infertility causes. When oral medications were not working for me he didn't waste my time or money waiting an extra cycle to see if it would work. We quickly moved onto the next phase of intervention with injections. I have two daughters now because of Dr Meyer, so I will be forever grateful.
The nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] completed all of my ultrasounds and lab work which were the majority of my appointments. They were gentle and very timely with my results. They also shared in my joy when reporting both pregnancies...They provide toys and have a children's area when waiting. You will have many appointments usually and the front desk staff become familiar with you and are very helpful and kind. They ask questions and care about you. The clinic is even open on weekends when you need appointments because of your cycle and where you are in the treatment regiment.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He jokes around a bit so don't be too sensitive.
I got a private consulatation where he reviewed my entire history of PCOS. He treated both me and my husband with respect and was very encouraging to our situation. He gave us hope that the infertility struggles would end at this clinic. After my first daughter, I came back to Dr. Meyer a second time. He remembered me and my husband without me saying anything at all. He was also very sensitive to my grief over the recent miscarriage I had before visiting him.
I took Clomid unsuccessfully for 2 cycles then was moved to a daily dose of pregnitude to manage my PCOS and Femera unsuccessfully for 1 cycle. The second cycle produced a viable pregnancy. The second time I visited the clinic was 2 years later and I was placed on femera again unsuccessfully. After one cycle he removed me from that and we began hormone injections. After one cycle I became pregnant. During the injections I did over-respond to the hormones and had ovarian hyperstimulation which was extremely painful. Dr Meyer encouraged me that it was a good thing and most likely meant I was pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurses completed all of my ultrasounds and lab work which were the majority of my appointments. They were gentle and very timely with my results. They also shared in my joy when reporting both pregnancies.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic is very convenient to find. It is the top floor in a medical park building, so that helps with privacy when accessing it. They provide toys and have a children's area when waiting. You will have many appointments usually and the front desk staff become familiar with you and are very helpful and kind. They ask questions and care about you. The clinic is even open on weekends when you need appointments because of your cycle and where you are in the treatment regiment.
I paid for each ultrasound out of pocket. I had horrible health insurance though. I paid out of pocket for all my medications. My treatment regimen the second time was exponentially more expensive.

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Meyer was very professional and his medical knowledge and explanations made us very confident in his abilities. It was obvious he was experienced and had a track record for success. He was willing to answer any questions that we had.... We needed to do PGD on top of IVF to screen for a debilitating genetic disease that runs in the family. We also did PGS to make sure we had a higher chance of implantation. My wife needed adjustments several times to her medications, which were always clearly explained. We ended up only having 1 embryo that did not carry the genetic mutation. However, we were able to successful have a beautiful healthy baby.
The nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] were excellent at showing/explaining medication administration, answering questions, and being available outside of office visits via phone/email.... The strengths are great success rates, warm and friendly doctors/nurses, some great front desk staff.... Around $25,000. A lot of that came from the PGD though, since the embryo had to be frozen, sent away, screened, returned, and then implanted.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure to ask all questions that you have early on, because other visits it may be another provider.
Dr. Meyer took the time to answer any questions or concerns we had along the way, especially in our meeting before the process began.
Our experience was a little different. We needed to do PGD on top of IVF to screen for a debilitating genetic disease that runs in the family. We also did PGS to make sure we had a higher chance of implantation. My wife needed adjustments several times to her medications, which were always clearly explained. We ended up only having 1 embryo that did not carry the genetic mutation. However, we were able to successful have a beautiful healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry)
The nursing staff were excellent at showing/explaining medication administration, answering questions, and being available outside of office visits via phone/email.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I appreciated Dr. Meyer's suggestion of sticking with a single embryo transfer if we were on the fence. We did not need to make that decision, but I feel with the success rates they have it is sound advice.
Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr Meyer at Carolina Conceptions] takes the time to really answer your questions, whether during an appointment or through email. He made it very clear to us that we had poor chances of being successful with IUI. When we decided we wanted to try that route first, he took an aggressive approach which I appreciated. I know a few folks personally who had success with Carolina Conceptions, so it brings me hope. I would recommend this practice.
I know a few folks personally who had success with Carolina Conceptions, so it brings me hope. I would recommend this practice....Dr. Meyer is a great doctor and responds to emails I send him very quickly (often within the hour). I don't have to wait long to get an appointment either which I appreciate....We've had two unsuccessful IUIs so far, and will try one more (because we have 3 covered under our insurance) before moving to IVF.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Bring in a list of questions to ask and take notes! Dr. Meyer is very knowledgeable and you may leave with your head spinning because of all the information!
Dr. Meyer is a very knowledgeable doctor. He takes the time to really answer your questions, whether during an appointment or through email. He made it very clear to us that we had poor chances of being successful with IUI. When we decided we wanted to try that route first, he took an aggressive approach which I appreciated. I know a few folks personally who had success with Carolina Conceptions, so it brings me hope. I would recommend this practice.
We were diagnosed solely with male factor infertility. Dr. Meyer said we were candidates of IUI because the MFI is mild enough, but he made it clear to us that our chances of success were low. To take a more aggressive approach and to increase out chances as much as possible, Dr. Meyer prescribed me injectables (follistim) to prepare for our IUI. Injectables give you the best chances if you're dealing with MFI. We've had two unsuccessful IUIs so far, and will try one more (because we have 3 covered under our insurance) before moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Tammy Enders)
Tammy is very knowledgeable and responds to emails and returns voicemails very quickly!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions has very friendly office staff and it is a very comfortable clinic to visit. They are also very flexible with appointment times, which is great considering you are visiting the clinic very frequently during treatment cycles.
So far our treatments have been covered under our insurance policy, so we have only been responsible for our co-pay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
They've forgotten to send my husband's semen analysis results to the urologist clinic a couple of times. They always give us the results via email though so it wasn't a big deal.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr Meyer was very honest, to the point and direct. He covered the pros and cons and did not seem motivated by money. I truly appreciated his candor. I often saw other doctors in the practice as they rotated days, but I felt that they were all competent and had a common goal. If I could have had my way, I would definitely prefer to have the same MD and RN every time and have unlimited time and nurturing with them, but I don't feel that it is realistic. A busy clinic means lost of experience… and ultimately, they are rated on success so they want good results as well.
Strengths [of Carolina Conceptions]- experienced staff and one stop shopping. All aspects of the process from donor to lab to embryologist are all on site. They do so many procedures that the process is a well oiled machine. Weaknesses - Due to the large number of cases, in-depth root cause analysis is probably not done when the result is negative. They need to move on to the next patient. All the staff were very friendly and tried not to show the urgency that they are under to handle so many patients, but it was apparent simply by the lack of therapeutic communication, counseling and the buzz of the clinic.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I didn't get the result I wanted, so I can't boast about his skill set, but I would advise patients to lay out their expectations on the first visit so that they aren't disappointed. Ultimately, a baby is the desired result and all the time and emotional support in the world won't be consolation if the process is unsuccessful.
Being a healthcare professional myself, I am not easily offended by the need for productivity and turning over patients. The process was definitely that of an assembly line, but I did however get the attention I needed when I was in front of the MDs and RNs. My main concern is the skill level of the staff.
All I really recall is frequent lab tests and ultrasounds. My instructions would tell me exactly when to take my meds and my appointments were adjusted based on my results. The lab and embryologist are on site so there were no concerns with freezing and sending samples.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
the nurses were very busy with a constant stream of patients. I did not however feel that they were at fault for that. They have to keep up with the requirements. There was very little emotional support but their technique was good. I didn't experience any errors or concerns. The phlebotomists were very capable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths - experienced staff and one stop shopping. All aspects of the process from donor to lab to embryologist are all on site. They do so many procedures that the process is a well oiled machine. Weaknesses - Due to the large number of cases, in-depth root cause analysis is probably not done when the result is negative. They need to move on to the next patient. All the staff were very friendly and tried not to show the urgency that they are under to handle so many patients, but it was apparent simply by the lack of therapeutic communication, counseling and the buzz of the clinic.
I don't recall the exact cost, but I did feel that they would nickel and dime you to death. they offered discounts but only on packages that ended in multiple failures. There was no opportunity for saving money or appearance of empathy when repeated investments were needed. I used a donor embyro, and that donor had many frozen embryos available. I paid to be put on the wait list, only got 2 embryos, when the pregnancy test was negative I had to pay again to be put back on the 6 month wait list. I had requested to use more of that donor's embryos and I was not given the opportunity. they went to the next person on the wait list.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Be prepared for a an honest and direct conversation, he [Dr. Meyer] is willing to answer any question... I appreciated for the times we had consultations that he invited us into his office for focused time... I believe his confidence in treatment options avaialable renew your sense of hope. He is willing to share the good and the bad, setting expectations for what might happen but each case is unique.
$9,675 was one treatment cycle of IVF plus medications and copays [at Carolina Conceptions]...In the same building with an acupuncturist for complimentary sessions to toe treatment. Office hours with early and weekend hours allow you to work into your schedule easily. Space is clean, but could use a refresh on the interior. Lab, treatment and procedure space onsite with classes offered...they [nurses] were good at explaining the process to make you feel more at ease. The nurse would be waiting for you after you got dressed to go over any additional details.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Meyer speaks confidently and directly. With bad news it comes across as insensitive at times, but I believe his confidence in treatment options avaialable renew your sense of hope. He is willing to share the good and the bad, setting expectations for what might happen but each case is unique. I appreciated for the times we had consultations that he invited us into his office for focused time.
Be prepared for a an honest and direct conversation, he is willing to answer any question, so be as prepared as possible to get the most out of the visit.
It felt as if my higher risk and concerns for the diagnosed anaotomical anomalies were not impacting suggested treatment plans. Dr. Meyer was fairly blunt that to get over some of the difficulties and symptoms I had from the treatment plan of injections and timed intercourse for 3 cycles. My PCOS and body did not respond well to the treatments, and we had 3 failed attempts all resulting in negative pregnancy tests. Dr Meyer was confident in the treatment plan, but the news that he shared with me was abrupt and certainly not expected and could have been more soft in delivery. I felt very human around the rest of the staff and they were always courteous and accommodating. I also felt a strong sense of hope when I walked in each time.
Dr Meyer knew that with PCOS I was not ovulating on cycle and with one ovary I had to regulate my cycle with injections. He also suggested an additional mayo-inositol supplement to take leading up to the cycle. We had regular monitoring visits and adjusted treatments as needed to speed up or slow down stimulating follicles. When my follicles were stimulated I had 2-3 large follicles each cycle, but that part of the treatment was painful and uncomfortable for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Courtesy was afforded at each step and they were good at explaining the process to make you feel more at ease. The nurse would be waiting for you after you got dressed to go over any additional details.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
$9,675 was one treatment cycle of IVF plus medications and copays.
For my case Dr Meyer recommended only a single embryo transfer. The reasoning is that with a smaller uterus, the risk of multiples would add another layer of complications and we agreed when we got to IVF one embryo would be considered for each cycle.
Treated 2014
Bill Meyer was straightforward in telling me my weight could cause problems and that I would probably end up with gestational diabetes (which I did); he went through all options and listed the pros and cons; when we did our first transfer it was using fresh embryos. My husband and I were concerned about how high my levels were and that they might negatively impact the viability of the transfer (which ended up happening-they transferred 2 and they did not take. I was later told that yes my levels were extremely high and that is likely what caused the negative transfer). Needless to say we were not happy about that.
Spacious waiting area [at Carolina Conceptions], clean, friendly front desk staff...[nurses are] Friendly, well informed, accomodating, put you at ease... I know I responded really well to the injections used to up my egg count before the egg retrieval. I had a ton of eggs-albeit they didn't all end up being very good, but I had maybe 12 that were usable. Before the first transfer my body responded too well and I ended up with levels that were extremely high.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask whatever questions you need to and don't be afraid to press the issue-if you feel like something isn't right, say it!!
While under Bill Meyer's care, our phone calls were returned in a timely manner, nurses used our first names, we were checked up on via phone calls, and our million questions were answered (and we weren't made to feel silly or stupid!).
I honestly don't remember much of this. I know I responded really well to the injections used to up my egg count before the egg retrieval. I had a ton of eggs-albeit they didn't all end up being very good, but I had maybe 12 that were usable. Before the first transfer my body responded too well and I ended up with levels that were extremely high.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Friendly, well informed, accomodating, put you at ease
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Spacious waiting area, clean, friendly front desk staff
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
I did all of my monitoring in Wilmington, NC, where I live
Bill Meyer strongly advocated for the eSET as you are pretty much guaranteed a pregnancy-they back it up and will go another round of the first is unsuccessful. For health risks
Raleigh
He [Dr. Meyer] is straight forward so if you have trouble hearing things you don't want to hear be prepared....He gave me 2 prescriptions one for Femara & one for Tamoxifen to help me ovulate. He put 4 refills on each and that is it. I do not have a follow up or anything since I do not fall in the BMI to go further that is all my treatment will be.... I know that my weight was in issue but I have been cleared by other doctors to do treatment and I felt like he was doing it reluctantly.
The only nurse [Carolina Conceptions] I spoke with was very judgmental about my weight and even gave the provider the wrong BMI she made it 3 points higher than it should have been....It was actually only $40 but all i did was talk to the doctor and nurse. No tests were not at this visit and nothing but a prescription for pills was given.... He [Dr. Meyer] is straight forward so if you have trouble hearing things you don't want to hear be prepared.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I know that my weight was in issue but I have been cleared by other doctors to do treatment and I felt like he was doing it reluctantly. I am obese and I understand the risks. I just want some help. I am not 28 anymore.
He is straight forward so if you have trouble hearing things you don't want to hear be prepared.
I would have liked a little bit more understanding.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The only nurse I spoke with was very judgmental about my weight and even gave the provider the wrong BMI she made it 3 points higher than it should have been.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I just think they need to be prepared to hear the worst and if they hear something better than it will make things good. I went in the opposite and the outcome crushed me a lot. I have been working really hard to lose weight and have a child (over 6 years and over 150 pounds lost). I just want help to have a family.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurse gave the provider the wrong weight/BMI so when we were talking he said it was higher than it should have been. I believe she did this because I am obese and she is very judgmental.
Treated 2012 - 2017
Dr. Meyer was very open and honest about our infertility. He explained diagnoses, but can be very short worded. Dr. Meyer does not always have the best bedside manner, but he wants the best for his patients...Dr. Meyer can speak quickly and sometimes forgets how overwhelmed the patients feel...Dr. Meyer ordered several procedures and lab work to diagnose my infertility. He also referred my husband to a reproductive urologist due to his low sperm count. ..
The staff at the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] are very responsive to voicemail and questions. They are also respectful and compassionate during entire process...The nursing staff was very helpful and returned all calls quickly. The nurses were very compassionate and respectful...Carolina conception staff and doctors were very sensitive to all the different emotions that go along with infertility...Dr. Meyer was very open and honest about our infertility. He explained diagnoses, but can be very short worded.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very open and honest about our infertility. He explained diagnoses, but can be very short worded. Dr. Meyer does not always have the best bedside manner, but he wants the best for his patientsz
Be very clear with your questions, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Meyer can speak quickly and sometimes forgets how overwhelmed the patients feel.
I don't remember the specifics, but Dr. Meyer ordered several procedures and lab work to diagnose my infertility. He also referred my husband to a reproductive urologist due to his low sperm count. My treatment started with letrozole and that was not successful. We were then directed to IVF. First IVF was successful, and we had one baby. Started treatment again last year, and had a failed IUI. Proceeded to IVF with only 4 embryos. Implanted 2 embryos and that failed. We have 1 frozen embryo of poorer quality for a FET that we have postponed at this time.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff at the clinic are very responsive to voicemail and questions. They are also respectful and compassionate during entire process.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] was open to helping us, discussed treatment and risks including percentages of possible pregnancy. I enjoyed the fact that he personally made phone calls to our doctors for clarity on previous tests for determination of diagnosis. Would just request seeing him after each sonogram to discuss how things are looking/going.
The nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] answered all of my questions. They were gentle and also walked me through what they were looking for in the sonogram and informed me of the next step in the process... We were given DX of PCOS. We started with a sonogram then begin 75 IU of Follistim AQ for days 3 through 7 sonogram thereafter. Continued with 3 more treatments of follistim AQwith another sonogram after. 3 more rounds of follistim AQ and ganarillex . 1 dose of ovidrel and VPS for 14 days. Take pregnancy test in 2 weeks.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He was open to helping us, discussed treatment and risks including percentages of possible pregnancy. I enjoyed the fact that he personally made phone calls to our doctors for clarity on previous tests for determination of diagnosis. Would just request seeing him after each sonogram to discuss how things are looking/going.
Ask questions! Even the ones that you think may be silly
He listened to us about trying for over a year, asked what treatments and tests we had prior, sat with us and contacted our doctors for test results we did not have copies of
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff answered all of my questions. They were gentle and also walked me through what they were looking for in the sonogram and informed me of the next step in the process
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are very friendly and easy to work with. I would request they open a clinic closer to where I live since I have to travel 5 hours round trip for the sonograms
)copay was specialist cost. Sonogram co-pays were dependent on a doctor or nurse completing the sonogram
Treated 2013 - 2014
We tried the least invasive things, timed, iui then finally ivf. After our first round of transfer we had a success full precnancy and birth. Since we have unexplained infertility we though it best not to jump right to ivf. Which is the direction we wanted to go. I think he [Dr. Bill Meyer] read that in our conversations and actions... And we spoke to him really late in the evening not on clinic hours on his cell and he helped us through s tough time we were having.
We tried the least invasive things, timed, iui then finally ivf. After our first round of transfer [at Carolina Conceptions] we had a success full precnancy and birth. Since we have unexplained infertility we though it best not to jump right to ivf. Which is the direction we wanted to go. I think he [Dr. Bill Meyer] read that in our conversations and actions...Full round of testing meds ant transfer, about $10,000.000...All the staff there seemed to care about what they were doing and were very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He is very personable. Very knowledgeable and he tries to do what's best for his patients. He remembered us and details about both of us that we had spiked about in prior visits. We had good experiences with each time we saw him.
Ask as many questions as you need to until you understand, because he will answer all of them.
Through the conversations we had with him. And we spoke to him really late in the evening not on clinic hours on his cell and he helped us through s tough time we were having.
We tried the least invasive things, timed, iui then finally ivf. After our first round of transfer we had a success full precnancy and birth. Since we have unexplained infertility we though it best not to jump right to ivf. Which is the direction we wanted to go. I think he read that in our conversations and actions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Their willingness to help and answer any question that we had. They did not rush us around like we were just another number.
Full round of testing meds ant transfer, about $10,000.000
He explained options and possible result to us and allowed us to choose with out bias.
Treated 2013 - 2015
He [Dr. Meyer] is an amazing doctor who makes you feel like a valued patient and is happy to respond to any concern kindly and quickly...We did many rounds of oral medication to try to make me ovulate along with ultrasounds to check follicle growth...I felt that he was great at helping me understand what steps they were taking but I felt pressured to try more expensive options. When I had my chemical pregnancy and miscarriage I did not feel as informed of what was going on.
I loved this clinic and staff and thought everyone was very helpful but felt like we were being pushed towards more expensive treatment options other than searching for the cause of the infertility and helping the root of the problem...I felt the nursing staff was more deliberate and less caring than Dr. Meyer...We did many rounds of oral medication to try to make me ovulate along with ultrasounds to check follicle growth.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He is an amazing doctor who makes you feel like a valued patient and is happy to respond to any concern kindly and quickly
He always responded quickly and kindly
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I felt the nursing staff was more deliberate and less caring than Dr. Meyer
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Some of the procedures were covered by our insurance but with a lifetime limit and no fertility meds were covered

Treated 2015
Dr. Meyer did a good job of explaining the process to us and changing course when the first plan didn't work. The only area we had some miscommunication was how unlikely the frozen eggs were to be successful.... We were impressed with everyone's professionalism and general kindness [at Carolina Conceptions] during a very difficult time for us.... We harvested our eggs first, implanted them but that didn't work. We then tried frozen donor eggs, however, this process has a low success rate.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure you ask the questions you want answered.
Dr. Meyer was upfront with us as to what we should expect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
We were impressed with everyone's professionalism and general kindness during a very difficult time for us.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They were all very professional.
Everything was very expensive; about $10,000 for every round.
The Dr. wasn't in favor of multiple embryos. When we only had a couple they implanted the two.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I felt Dr. Meyer was very knowledgeable about what he does. He was very nice to me and my husband. He told us what steps we would have to take and gave us information to contact him. He told us what the problem and how he was going to approach treating it...I underwent injections and clomid...He was very nice and had bedside manners
1500 for genetic testing 400 copay for 1 round of injections [at Carolina Conceptions]...Very nice clinic with awesome staff... [nurses at Carolina Conceptions] Very nice and informative...I underwent injections and clomid...I felt Dr. Meyer was very knowledgeable about what he does. He was very nice to me and my husband. He told us what steps we would have to take and gave us information to contact him. He told us what the problem and how he was going to approach treating it.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure the patient fully understands.
He was very nice and had bedside manners
I underwent injections and clomid
Very nice and informative
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very nice clinic with awesome staff.
Copay per appointment. 1500 for genetic testing 400 copay for 1 round of injections
Treated 2012 - 2016
The staff in this clinic [Carolina Conceptions] are very nice both answering the phone calls and in the office.... Dr. Meyer is professional, knowledgeable, and practical. He explains the procedures in great detail and is very compassionate at the same time. He provides good enough information and cares your feelings. He is also very responsive, including emails.... Dr. Meyer did two IUI cycles for us, with Letrozol and ovidual, and timed intercourse for one of them. He also did a IVF cycle for us including ICSI, PGS.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
prepare your questions in advance
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff in this clinic are very nice both answering the phone calls and in the office.
Treated 2014
[Dr. Bill Meyer is] a straight shooter, which we appreciated. He's not overly warm, but we felt like he was being honest with us, which we liked. He warned us we had a slim chance and that ended up panning out. If you want a warm and fuzzy doctor, he's probably not your best bet. If you want brutal honesty, go with him!
[Carolina Conceptions was a ] Nice clinic and we never had to wait too long, especially for bloodwork. They were quick and efficient. We're from out of town and they were willing to work with some local doctors for ongoing monitoring, which was nice...He [Dr. Meyer] warned us we had a slim chance and that ended up panning out. If you want a warm and fuzzy doctor, he's probably not your best bet. If you want brutal honesty, go with him!
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He's a straight shooter, which we appreciated. He's not overly warm, but we felt like he was being honest with us, which we liked. He warned us we had a slim chance and that ended up panning out. If you want a warm and fuzzy doctor, he's probably not your best bet. If you want brutal honesty, go with him!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don't remember exactly, but it was on par with what we found online for typical costs.

Treated 2012 - 2017
Dr. Meyer is a doctor who cares about you as a person. While he is not the doctor who I typically see when undergoing care, the clinic has several other great doctors and they have a set rotation, especially for weekend procedures.... Dr. Meyer made sure that I felt safe and secure all the way through to my first child. I am hoping to get the same result this time around.
$250 per ultrasound around $550 for IUI
Treated 2020
[Carolina Conceptions has] a great front desk staff, great doctors and great nurses...I am not sure if she [nurse] was assigned to me but she made more phone calls and helped along the way more than anyone else she is amazing!...He [Dr. Bill Meyer] prefers to only do single transfer bc it is safer for the mother. Too many risk with multiple births...He listened to everything and was not in a rush. I didn’t feel like a number... is a great doctor while my ivf did not result in a baby I believe he did his best. He explained everything to me in a direct yet sensitive manner. He never made me feel like just a number. He is a smart doctor who won’t just go straight to ivf he’s willing to try stuff before hand
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is a great doctor while my ivf did not result in a baby I believe he did his best. He explained everything to me in a direct yet sensitive manner. He never made me feel like just a number. He is a smart doctor who won’t just go straight to ivf he’s willing to try stuff before hand.
Listen to everything and take notes always.
He listened to everything and was not in a rush. I didn’t feel like a number.
For ivf I started with bcp for 2 weeks the. Lupron for two days and then added gonal f and menopur, I did this for close to twenty days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Sonja callaway )
So I am not sure if she was assigned to me but she made more phone calls and helped along the way more than anyone else she is amazing!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They have a great front desk staff, great doctors and great nurses. I do wish that they would have allowed some visits to be via zoom before this whole COVID 19 thing. We live hours away and always ask but they would never allow it until they had too.
Close to 20 k 3 rounds super ovulation with gonal f and Iui . Ivf cycle 15k plus meds 10k ish
He prefers to only do single transfer bc it is safer for the mother. Too many risk with multiple births

Treated 2016
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] was friendly. Blunt and straight forward and ready to get a solution with no time wasted which I did love. Each visit was very short. Procedure/check up completed... information was given but felt no sympathy. It also felt rushed...repare yourself just to dive into your issue. Dont count on a sympathetic dr. Great that hes ready to dive in and find a solution tho!...Basic instructions on when to inject, take meds and have intercourse. Straight forward with each instructions
I remember them [nurses at Carolina Concetions] very friendly with smiles on their faces at every visit...My insurance paid for my visits. I only had to pay a copay which was $50 each visit...Strengths... very organized, friendly and the front desk was super caring and helpful. No matter how the visit went, I remember I always left with a smile after checking out. easy to schedule appointments and wait time was very short! Weakness- NA
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He was friendly. Blunt and straight forward and ready to get a solution with no time wasted which I did love. Each visit was very short. Procedure/check up completed... information was given but felt no sympathy. It also felt rushed
Prepare yourself just to dive into your issue. Dont count on a sympathetic dr. Great that hes ready to dive in and find a solution tho!
Liked he was blunt but I didnt feel like he wanted to take the time to really understand me as a patient
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I remember them very friendly with smiles on their faces at every visit
Treated 2020
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] took the time to congratulate on my pregnancy even though he was on vacation and the treatment plan was very detailed...I did not see Bill Meyer a lot, but I think he was out of the office due to COVID-19 restrictions because of his age. He was very nice, responsive, and was very compassionate...I did IUI with fermara (7.5mg). I had an ultrasound on CD1 and then another ultrasound CD12 after taking Femara on CD 3-7. On CD13, I administered a trigger shot on myself (Ovidrel) and then on CD14, I underwent the insemination.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was full of compassionate and knowledgable people. The only weaknesses were the COVID-19 restrictions, but that was not their fault. I would also tell anyone that is a new patient there that they have a great success rate and it is an awesome clinic...The nursing staff were knowledgable and friendly...I did IUI with fermara (7.5mg). I had an ultrasound on CD1 and then another ultrasound CD12 after taking Femara on CD 3-7. On CD13, I administered a trigger shot on myself (Ovidrel) and then on CD14, I underwent the insemination.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I did not see Bill Meyer a lot, but I think he was out of the office due to COVID-19 restrictions because of his age. He was very nice, responsive, and was very compassionate. I do not know what else to say
I do not think I would say anything specific, but good luck and you have a great doctor.
He took the time to congratulate on my pregnancy even though he was on vacation and the treatment plan was very detailed and thoughout.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff were knowledgable and friendly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was full of compassionate and knowledgable people. The only weaknesses were the COVID-19 restrictions, but that was not their fault. I would also tell anyone that is a new patient there that they have a great success rate and it is an awesome clinic.
The costs of the ultrasounds were billed through my insurance which was just a specialist visit around 60 dollars. The IUI was 500 dollars. Blood work was not billed and medication costs were 180 for trigger shot and around 5-10 dollars for Femara meds.
Treated 2016
Dr. Meyer was friendly and understanding. He was sympathetic to our experiences with infertility, and tried to help us to get the treatment we needed at the most affordable price. He was helpful in guiding us in the right direction, and made us feel that he would make the same recommendations for his own children or family.... Most of the nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] were very kind. Some of them made me feel like they had no compassion and were sort of "burned out."... The clinic is very inviting, clean, and comfortable. I feel that they are aggressive, but they are pretty costly as far as services go.
Most of the nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] were very kind. Some of them made me feel like they had no compassion and were sort of "burned out."... The clinic is very inviting, clean, and comfortable. I feel that they are aggressive, but they are pretty costly as far as services go.... Dr. Meyer was friendly and understanding. He was sympathetic to our experiences with infertility, and tried to help us to get the treatment we needed at the most affordable price. He was helpful in guiding us in the right direction, and made us feel that he would make the same recommendations for his own children or family
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open to his suggestions, because he is the expert.
Dr. Meyer was very caring, polite, and to the point.
IVF Menopur study was suggested, but the study closed and we were unable to participate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Most of the nursing staff were very kind. Some of them made me feel like they had no compassion and were sort of "burned out."
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I paid around $1k per IUI out of pocket, as my insurance did not cover the procedure.