6.9

Bill Meyer works at

2601 Lake Dr
Raleigh, NC 27607

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Meyer was extremely informative and helpful and caring. He answered all our questions honestly but delicately. We weren't just another number for him, but he was genuinely interested in trying for us to be successful...We did a menopur & cetrotide only cycle since I have PCOS. I was also taking ovasitol and theratonin for 3 months prior and during to help egg quality. We got 20 eggs, but only 2 made it to blastocyst. They were 6AB grades but only 1 was PGS normal. It took in a frozen embryo transfer but later miscarried.
If you want to feel like a human and not a number or statistic, than this [Carolina Conceptions] is a great clinic. The front desk staff learned who you were very quickly even though there weren't many appointments. They do not monitor as closely as my other clinic which was nerve-wracking but it worked out in the end. I was used to daily monitoring and this was only every few days. Dr. Meyer and Dr. Park are fantastic. I don't have experience with the other doctors. They're phone system is very frustrating at times but you get used to it eventually.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and take the advice he gives.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt like a human. The front desk learned who you were and everyone was kind and encouraging. Dr. Meyer was honest but caring
Describe the protocols Bill Meyer used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
They were always so nice. They were compassionate and caring. I am an extremely hard stick and they never got frustrated or annoyed by my hidden veins, or my questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
If you want to feel like a human and not a number or statistic, than this is a great clinic. The front desk staff learned who you were very quickly even though there weren't many appointments. They do not monitor as closely as my other clinic which was nerve-wracking but it worked out in the end. I was used to daily monitoring and this was only every few days. Dr. Meyer and Dr. Park are fantastic. I don't have experience with the other doctors. They're phone system is very frustrating at times but you get used to it eventually.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions.
Including egg retrieval, PGS, FET, medicines and acupuncture, I would estimate 16k-17k
Describe Bill Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
N/A. We only had one to transfer but given my age and embryo grading I think the clinic generally follows eSET.
Treated 2017 - 2019
We had a wonderful relationship with Dr. Meyer. He always remembered the details of our work or recent travel. He would go out of his way to say hello if he saw you waiting for a routine ultrasound or bloodwork. He'd check in by email after procedures to see how I was feeling, etc. I couldn't say enough good things about our experience with him...I did a few rounds of Femera, 3 IUI rounds, one egg retrieval, and two frozen transfers. He also performed two surgeries on me- one for endometriosis and cyst removal, the other for fibroid removal.
I think Carolina Conceptions is great for a number of reasons- they are convenient, extremely efficient (I was always in and out in a timely manner), very easy to schedule with...staffed by compassionate people. It was genuinely a bittersweet moment to move on from the clinic to a regular OBGYN, as I felt that everyone was invested in their patients...Overall, the nurses were great at the clinic. I had a few instances where communication was muddled, but this only happened about 3x during 2 years. Little things like the incorrect prescription being called in to the fertility pharmacy, etc. These issues were quickly addressed and corrected.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I was under Dr. Meyer's care for 2 years. I did a few rounds of Femera, 3 IUI rounds, one egg retrieval, and two frozen transfers. He also performed two surgeries on me- one for endometriosis and cyst removal, the other for fibroid removal. Dr. Meyer is a wonderful doctor. He's going to give you the information straight, but delivered with compassion. He's the most communicative doctor that I've ever heard of in any sort of medical practice. I must have emailed him directly over 50x over the last two years at all hours of the day, and always received a response within a few hours. He truly cares about his patients and their outcomes and will take the time to explain any diagnosis or treatment multiple times, if needed. Carolina Conceptions has a lot of patients to keep track of. Sometimes, I'd have to remind Dr. Meyer about small things pertaining to my past treatments, but he can't be expected to retain that information for every single one of his patients. No matter what clinic you're dealing with, it's important that you educate yourself as much as possible and be prepared to ask questions and advocate for yourself.
See previous answer
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think Carolina Conceptions is great for a number of reasons- they are convenient, extremely efficient (I was always in and out in a timely manner), very easy to schedule with, have great pregnancy rates, and are staffed by compassionate people. It was genuinely a bittersweet moment to move on from the clinic to a regular OBGYN, as I felt that everyone was invested in their patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
Unless it was an emergency, monitoring appointments always had an appointment time between the hours of 7-noon. They ran on time 95% of the time - extremely efficient.
We had only $500 of fertility lifetime coverage, so everything was out of pocket.
Dr. Meyer urges his patients to only transfer one embryo - I think it's the policy of the clinic. He does this to cut down on the risks of carrying multiples for both baby and mother.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
I had one instance where the incorrect dosage was called in to the fertility pharmacy, but this was taken care of quickly. There was also one instance when my nurse asked me if I had given myself a certain injection that wasn't part of my protocol, and was confused why the Dr. hadn't prescribed it. Dr. Meyer quickly stepped in and explained my protocol to the nurse and explained why I didn't need that particular medication.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Meyer] is extremely knowledgeable. He wanted to try less costly treatment first before moving on to anything else. He communicated quickly back and forth in emails. He was blunt and got right to the point. I did not feel that I was just a number and a source of income for him.... I am diagnosed PCOS with a history of no response to oral medications First 3 rounds: Femara 7.5 mg and Tamoxifen 60 mg. Thought the Tamoxifen would increase the chance of ovulation.
They [Carolina Conceptions] do not take cash. Everyone was very friendly from the time of setting up the appointments until check out. Not a negative thing to say about this clinic. It is in a very convenient location if you live in the Raleigh area....They have mini clinics at other treatment centers for initial consultations to make things easier for people who do come from awhile away.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He is extremely knowledgeable. He wanted to try less costly treatment first before moving on to anything else. He communicated quickly back and forth in emails. He was blunt and got right to the point. I did not feel that I was just a number and a source of income for him.
Be prepared for all avenues and to keep an open mind about treatment options
We spoke in his office, not a regular exam room. He asked me about my personal life, work, how far of a dive it was to get to the office. He wanted to get to know me as a person first before discussing anything fertility related.
I am diagnosed PCOS with a history of no response to oral medications First 3 rounds: Femara 7.5 mg and Tamoxifen 60 mg. Thought the Tamoxifen would increase the chance of ovulation. 3 cycles with no confirmed ovulation noted from blood work 4th round. Gonal F 75 IU every day at 8 pm. Ultrasound every three days. Did 10 days of Gonal F and had no follicle growth on any scans. Produced more follicles but none got larger than 11 mm. Cycle was cancelled. Was told IVF would be the best bet since I would need to hyper stimulate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Extremely compassionate. When I would cry in the office everyone was so comforting.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They do not take cash. Everyone was very friendly from the time of setting up the appointments until check out. Not a negative thing to say about this clinic. It is in a very convenient location if you live in the Raleigh area. If not, it is an easy drive. I live 2.5 hours from the clinic and it was a straight shot. They have mini clinics at other treatment centers for initial consultations to make things easier for people who do come from awhile away.
Each ultrasound appointment was $200. Initial consult was $150 Femara and Tamoxifen was covered under insurance. Injections were $1,000+ Gas to and from appointments $500+ Days off of work since it is the closest fertility clinic to me.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I first met Dr. Meyer in Wilmington where we live for our initial consultation. We met and he talked to us first to get to know us and then explained everything in clear and precise detail of what to expect. Everything was laid out for us and made so easy for us. Anytime I had questions at random times of the day I knew I could email him and get a response in a timely manner. I never had to worry or wonder “what’s next” everything was explained to us. We did two IUI’s which failed, so I knew right away I wanted to go straight to IVF, so I met Dr. Meyer again in Wilmington to discuss IVF. Again, he laid everything out for us, explained the process in great detail and got right to it. I then went on to start my first IVF cycle, after egg retrieval, we did a 5 day fresh transfer, which was successful!
Overall from phone calls, front desk, nurses, doctors, embryologist...everybody [at Carolina Conceptions] was so professional, compassionate, quick with responses. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole clinic!.... For IVF we started on birth control for about 10 days, within that 10 days I was monitored to make sure everything looked okay to proceed with the stim injections. I then was able to proceed with injections (menopur and gonul F) from there I did stim a for about 11 days, again during the stim process I was monitored to make sure everything was progressing as it should. Once instructed I started cetrotide injection and also instructed when to trigger for my egg retrevial. I went in for the egg retrevial and then started progesterone injections the next day after retrevial, then I did a 5 day fresh embryo transfer. My results was a positive pregnancy test and I am currently 12 weeks, 2 days!
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Trust the processs and trust Dr. Meyer, he will do everything he can to help you!
Dr. Meyer was always there to answer any questions I had even through email. He talked to me and my husband and truly got to know us and our backgrounds. He was always understanding of our wants and needs when it came to our treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Elisa Miller)
Very responsive to my questions and needs, knowledgeable, trust worthy and always so kind.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Overall from phone calls, front desk, nurses, doctors, embryologist...everybody was so professional, compassionate, quick with responses. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole clinic!
Treated 2018 - 2019
I started off with Femara for 3 months [with Dr. Bill Meyer] and my body barely responded. Moved onto An injectable cycle with Gonal f, Cetrotide, Ovidrel with Assisted iui... is very straightforward with his fertility expertise. He’ll tell you how it is and does not give you The runaround. I would actually recommend him to someone that doesn’t expect too much of A fuzzy and warm bedside manner. He’s smart, to the point, and Thorough. He’s Very responsive and helpful. He’s A very busy Dr. but he definitely does take that moment to respond to your questions and concerns. I just love how he doesn’t take too long to draw up A plan for us. Even when my Body did not respond with Femara after the 3 rounds, I expressed my thoughts on wanting to be aggressive and moving on to injections. He went ahead and allowed me to start right away after Some tests were done.
I had 2 nurses throughout my time there [at Carolina Conceptions]. They were very sweet, informative, and caring. They’ll call you back if you leave them A message. And those nurses that make those calls are also great!...Cost me $5000 for my injectable medications, HSG, bloodwork, ultrasound, office visits, iui class, day of insemenation, spermwash...They are actually located in A very busy area due to them being by A hospital. Parking is always available. Early morning appointments are the best. I’d recommend going in around 7:30am.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is very straightforward with his fertility expertise. He’ll tell you how it is and does not give you The runaround. I would actually recommend him to someone that doesn’t expect too much of A fuzzy and warm bedside manner. He’s smart, to the point, and Thorough. He’s Very responsive and helpful. He’s A very busy Dr. but he definitely does take that moment to respond to your questions and concerns. I just love how he doesn’t take too long to draw up A plan for us. Even when my Body did not respond with Femara after the 3 rounds, I expressed my thoughts on wanting to be aggressive and moving on to injections. He went ahead and allowed me to start right away after Some tests were done.
Before you go for your consultation, prepare A list of questions. Be prepared financially if you plan on going in for An injectable cycle. As it is very costly depending on your insurance.
This Fertility clinic treats you with respect and always acknowledges your presence.
I started off with Femara for 3 months and my body barely responded. Moved onto An injectable cycle with Gonal f, Cetrotide, Ovidrel with Assisted iui.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I had 2 nurses throughout my time there. They were very sweet, informative, and caring. They’ll call you back if you leave them A message. And those nurses that make those calls are also great!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinics communication skills are great. Appointments are always on time and results are very fast to obtain. It’ll be great to have A patient portal to communicate with Doctors or nurses, but they don’t have that here. You’ll have to call everytime you need something. They are actually located in A very busy area due to them being by A hospital. Parking is always available. Early morning appointments are the best. I’d recommend going in around 7:30am.

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Meyer gave me his email and encouraged me to write him with any questions or concerns. He answered my emails promptly- sometimes at night or on weekends. He remembered details about my family which made me feel that he listened and cared about me as a person.... I had an egg retrieval first. During the time that I was preparing for egg retrieval I was injecting myself with some kind of medication, plus taking estrogen, a thyroid medication, and then the trigger shot. Prior to the trigger shot I went in for ultrasounds and blood work quite a bit.
Strengths: the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was very large and it was not difficult to find people in my community who had success with them. The doctors were all very experienced and had been in the RE field for many years. The clinic did it's best to bill insurance for procedures when possible. The staff seems to remember you, which is nice especially for such a large clinic. Weaknesses: The clinic is very large and it can feel chaotic when you go into a packed waiting room. The finances were laid out for us but there was a discrepancy which we ultimately had to pay for.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt like I was treated not only as a human but as a valued patient. I came to him after several unsuccessful cycles of medication and IUI. I was really interviewing several clinics because I wanted to be confident in my choice if I was going to be spending so much on IVF. Dr. Meyer listened to my questions and concerns and did not have a "god complex" like some of the other doctors I spoke with. He laid out options for me and made me feel confident in how he would care for me and my embryos.
Prepare your questions in advance. You will get a lot of information in each session and you may forget to ask unless you prepare.
Dr. Meyer gave me his email and encouraged me to write him with any questions or concerns. He answered my emails promptly- sometimes at night or on weekends. He remembered details about my family which made me feel that he listened and cared about me as a person. He also set my expectations kind of low which prepared me for the worst while hoping for the best. He made me feel confidence in his honesty.
I had an egg retrieval first. During the time that I was preparing for egg retrieval I was injecting myself with some kind of medication, plus taking estrogen, a thyroid medication, and then the trigger shot. Prior to the trigger shot I went in for ultrasounds and blood work quite a bit. I had the egg retrieval, and because I was going to do PGS, I did not continue with hormones because we were going to freeze the eggs (the genetic testing was done in Chicago so the blasts had to be frozen in order to get the testing back first). During egg retrieval they saw a polyp, so I also had to get that removed before I could transfer. To prepare for transfer, I started with birth control, then did baseline bloodwork and a saline u/s. I started injections of progesterone, taking a baby aspirin, and was still taking thyroid medicine. I had the transfer and continued aspirin, thyroid medicine and progesterone. After the pregnancy was confirmed I continued these meds, but due to spotting d/c'ed the aspirin after 6 weeks gestation. Everything went well and we have a baby girl, and are looking forward to our next transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
My nurse was available for the most part, except for once when she was out on vacation. I think that I was spoiled by Dr. Meyer responding to me day and night, and maybe expected too much from her in this instance. She was extremely kind and took time to explain the processes I was going through.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: the clinic was very large and it was not difficult to find people in my community who had success with them. The doctors were all very experienced and had been in the RE field for many years. The clinic did it's best to bill insurance for procedures when possible. The staff seems to remember you, which is nice especially for such a large clinic. Weaknesses: The clinic is very large and it can feel chaotic when you go into a packed waiting room. The finances were laid out for us but there was a discrepancy which we ultimately had to pay for.
I participated in a program where I paid for three IVF cycles up front (medication, scans not included) and if I did not bring home a baby from the hospital after all cycles I would get that money refunded. I ended up paying roughly 29,000 for three cycles, plus the cost of medication, PGS, and monitoring at a clinic near me (I live in Asheville and CC does not have an office nearby).
Dr. Meyer explained the risk of transferring two embryos and the chance that those embryos could divide and result in even more babies. He explained the risk of a multiple pregnancy to both myself and the babies.
Raleigh

Dr. Meyer was attentive, calming and made me feel like my concerns and worries were valid. He was good at making me feel comfortable and not awkward.... My first cycle included 150 iu follistim days 3-8, then one day cetrotide, and then ovidrel to trigger on cd 10. My AMH is one, I had about 5 follicles between 13-15 when they told me to take ovidrel. I feel I was told to trigger too early but they said my follicles were mature enough and they were worried that if I waited another day to trigger that I could have a multiple pregnancy.
This clinic [Carolina Conceptions] has great morning hours, they are good at returning phone calls and always seem eager to help you in any way they can. I do wish they stayed open a little later for after work appointments. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The clinic is a little hard to get to, and traffic here in the morning can be a nightmare.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was attentive, calming and made me feel like my concerns and worries were valid. He was good at making me feel comfortable and not awkward. I am only on my second cycle with him but I am very happy so far. I hope he is a little more aggressive this cycle since my last Follistim cycle resulted in a negative.
I would say to a new patient, don't be afraid to ask questions and take your time during your appointments.
Dr. Meyer was polite, professional and helpful. He made me feel like my concerns were valid, and he explained things very well. I didn't feel rushed in my initial consultation with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
My nurses seemed knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. They were quick, efficient and gentle.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic has great morning hours, they are good at returning phone calls and always seem eager to help you in any way they can. I do wish they stayed open a little later for after work appointments. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The clinic is a little hard to get to, and traffic here in the morning can be a nightmare.
My medications for my first injectables cycle cost $1452.18 plus the copays for each monitoring ultrasound.
Treated 2016 - 2018
For my most recent round of IVF [with Dr. Meyer] in addition to the above medications I also took pentoxifyline to help with blood flow/circulation. Attempt 1-3 were all single embryo (pgs tested) transfers (day 5 embryos). The 4th attempt we transferred 2 (pgs) day 5 and day 6 embryos. Both embryos took for a successful cycle....It really felt like he was deeply invested in our care. We always felt as though we got the best information possible in kindest manner. I always felt like more than a patient.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Even through multiple treatments Dr. Meyer always made us feel very confident that we could tackle whatever came next. He is very knowledgable and honest and we really appreciated that. Regardless of the procedure or test or treatment he always made sure we understood the process and that I was comfortable. He is very quick to respond when we needed something or just had a question or even just to ease nerves. My husband and I really liked that he is honest and straight forward. We are so sad to leave his care but extremely happy to have been his patient and to have success with his care.
Trust him and know he is always on your side!
Dr. Meyer and all other nurses and staff were very helpful through every step of the journey. It really felt like he was deeply invested in our care. We always felt as though we got the best information possible in kindest manner. I always felt like more than a patient.
I do not remember too much about treatments before we began our FET cycles. However with FET; cycles started with birth control for a couple weeks, then estrogen pills daily, PIO (initially 1ml but then raised to 2 on most recent cycle) for about 5 days before the embryo transfer. The first 2 cycles for us also consisted of a steroid however they changed their protocol and no longer use the steroid. I also took low dose aspirin once I began the PIO. For my most recent round of IVF in addition to the above medications I also took pentoxifyline to help with blood flow/circulation. Attempt 1-3 were all single embryo (pgs tested) transfers (day 5 embryos). The 4th attempt we transferred 2 (pgs) day 5 and day 6 embryos. Both embryos took for a successful cycle. FET 1 - Miscarriage FET 2 - Negative FET 3 - Negative ERA FET 4 - Positive/ Twins
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Nurse at Carolina Conceptions were always SO friendly and were just as invested in my care as Dr. Meyer. They always returned calls or emails very promptly. I never had to worry about not having refills on medication in time. All of their nurses are always ten steps ahead!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions are VERY organized and efficient. I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes in the waiting room whether I was a walk in or had an appointment. When I was working they always worked around my schedule and I was always able to get there early and make it to work in time so that the appointments never really interfered with work. It is such a warm and friendly environment, you never feel stressed coming into the office.
Dr. Meyer strongly recommended only transferring one embryo. After the third treatment, also after having done a cycle for ERA (results indicated we were transferring during the correct window) he gave us the option to transfer two because we hadn't been successful the past two times.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Meyer did my retrieval and we ended up getting 10 eggs, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. From there we ended up freezing 5 embryos...very straightforward and to the point, but he's also a kind person. He would allow me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and I never felt rushed. Once after asking some questions, he sent me home with a couple of articles to read on the subject. I really appreciated feeling like I was very well informed on what was going to happen. He was also very quick at responding to email, always the same day. During my stimulation, one of my ovaries wasn't responding as well as I would have liked. I spoke to Dr. Meyer and he said he would do my monitoring the next day himself, and we ended up extending the injections by one day to try to give some of my eggs one more day to catch up. I appreciated that he was flexible and willing to work with me.
The nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] was excellent. I had most of my monitoring appointments with Shannon and she was very friendly and encouraging...Carolina Conceptions is a large practice with many team members, but I liked all of the ones I met. You have a primary doctor, but for things that can't be scheduled like egg retrieval, you may have a different doctor performing the procedure. I mainly saw Dr. Meyer and Dr. Bowling during IVF, and I liked both of them a lot. The front desk staff is excellent, as are the financial coordinators and the practice manager, Nikki.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very straightforward and to the point, but he's also a kind person. He would allow me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and I never felt rushed. Once after asking some questions, he sent me home with a couple of articles to read on the subject. I really appreciated feeling like I was very well informed on what was going to happen. He was also very quick at responding to email, always the same day. During my stimulation, one of my ovaries wasn't responding as well as I would have liked. I spoke to Dr. Meyer and he said he would do my monitoring the next day himself, and we ended up extending the injections by one day to try to give some of my eggs one more day to catch up. I appreciated that he was flexible and willing to work with me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is a wealth of knowledge.
At each of my sit down visits with him, Doctor Meyer came out to get me from the waiting room himself. If I would pass him during a monitoring only visit, he would always say hi to me and ask how I was doing. I really appreciated this.
We did an antagonist protocol which included Gonal-F, Menopur, and cetrotide because of my higher AMH. I did a dual Lupron and HCG trigger because I was at risk for overstimulation. One of my ovaries responded better than the other, and so Dr. Meyer extended the stimulation by a day to try and let the other ovary catch up. Dr. Meyer did my retrieval and we ended up getting 10 eggs, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. From there we ended up freezing 5 embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff was excellent. I had most of my monitoring appointments with Shannon and she was very friendly and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I believe one IVF cycle was quoted around $10,500, not including monitoring or medication. PGS testing was $3,500 for the biopsy.
For me, Dr. Meyer strongly recommended only transferring a single embryo due to the high risk nature of becoming pregnant with multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
I had to switch a couple of appointments when it was found I had a cyst. One of the appointments ended up not being moved. However when they found out, I was referred to the practice manager, Nikki, who got me on the schedule in time so that nothing else had to be pushed back.
Treated 2015 - 2018
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] diagnosed my problem instantly, and didn’t just keep me on hormones like the other doctors. My tubes both had to be removed and then we started the ivf cycle...is very professional and was always there to answer any questions or concerns we had about the treatments. He’s done both my ivf cycles and we have been nothing but happy and satisfied with them both. He’s very caring and has great bedside manner...
I don’t think they [Carolina Conceptions] have any weaknesses, they act like a team and are always willing to help anyway they can. They greet you with a smile from start to finish. There very thorough in going thru this whole process. There open 7 days a week and have very flexible hours...In my first ivf cycle. We first removed my tubes, then started ivf in the next month. We then started with the egg retrieval and retrieved eggs and had them tested. Only had two tested and they both were healthy. We implanted both and only one took. Second round we retrieved a lot more and froze them only implanted one embryo and we are pregnant with our second child.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is very professional and was always there to answer any questions or concerns we had about the treatments. He’s done both my ivf cycles and we have been nothing but happy and satisfied with them both. He’s very caring and has great bedside manner.
He’s wonderful and makes you feel calm about the process and knows his stuff. He has had lots of years of practice and knows what he is doing.
He diagnosed my problem instantly, and didn’t just keep me on hormones like the other doctors. My tubes both had to be removed and then we started the ivf cycle. Dr. Meyer and his staff have been there for me through both my rounds of ivf treatment and will get you the results you want and need. They have your best interest at heart. If you have any questions you can email him anytime and there quick to respond. It’s a great practice and I would do it all over again with them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
They have been wonderful, always happy which makes you happy in return. Will answer any question you have or anything you need.,
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don’t think they have any weaknesses, they act like a team and are always willing to help anyway they can. They greet you with a smile from start to finish. There very thorough in going thru this whole process. There open 7 days a week and have very flexible hours.
We paid out of pocket both times. But we have a beautiful child and one more on the way. Insurance wouldn’t cover anything but the cost were $15,000 first time and $16,000. Second time. To have two children it’s worth it to us cause at one point we thought there would be none.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Meyer seemed to know who I was, and my history every time we met. I emailed him many times in the evening, and at weekends, and every time he replied promptly... I did feel like at times I had to be a bit of a case manager, asking what to do next to continue the process, but as long as I continued to be proactive this wasn't a problem. In the end I got pregnant naturally (though thanks to a surgery Dr. Meyer performed), and I felt that Dr. Meyer was genuinely delighted for us even though it probably didn't contribute to the clinic's success rate statistics.
They [nurses at Carolina Conceptions] are all very friendly and professional...To see the doctor I sometimes had to wait for a convenient appointment. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for appointments. This clinic is open on weekends which is huge, as timing is so important for fertility treatment...It's a large, bright atmosphere. The front desk team are wonderful, and seemed genuinely excited for me when I finally got pregnant. I was always able to choose my monitoring visits at a time convenient for me.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was very straightforward with us, giving us lots of options and explaining the chances of success which each one. He didn't pressurize us, and when my husband wanted to pursue treatment that wasn't Dr. Meyer's first choice, he respected our decision and went with it, simply reminding us how it would affect our chances of conception. Dr. Meyer replied to email promptly and at all times of the day or night. I did feel like at times I had to be a bit of a case manager, asking what to do next to continue the process, but as long as I continued to be proactive this wasn't a problem. In the end I got pregnant naturally (though thanks to a surgery Dr. Meyer performed), and I felt that Dr. Meyer was genuinely delighted for us even though it probably didn't contribute to the clinic's success rate statistics.
Always email if you have a question.
3 x IUIs with letrozole and ovidril (final 1 also used tamoxifen) a hysteroscopic polypectomy following an HSG 1 x TIC using follistim, cetrotide and ovidril Then I got pregnant naturally when we had to skip a cycle due to being on vacation, but having tried to conceive naturally for over 4 years, I am sure my pregnancy wouldn't have happened without the polypectomy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
They are all very friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It's a large, bright atmosphere. The front desk team are wonderful, and seemed genuinely excited for me when I finally got pregnant. I was always able to choose my monitoring visits at a time convenient for me. To see the doctor I sometimes had to wait for a convenient appointment. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for appointments. This clinic is open on weekends which is huge, as timing is so important for fertility treatment.
around $5000 including the surgery and medications after insurance
Raleigh
Dr. Meyer is wonderful! He knows his stuff and explained it clearly to both my husband (no medical background) and myself (medical background). He cared about my husband, his life and his personal journey during our infertility....We did IVF because I have endometriosis. My fallopian tubes were open but did not seem to be functioning efficiently. I had scar tissue from the endometriosis and prior abdominal surgery (to remove large cyst from my ovary) which was complicating things.
Everyone [Carolina Conceptions] was so punctual whether is was answering a phone call or email, getting me into my appointments on time (I never had to wait), getting my records to my OB in a rush, etc. which was very comforting to me. They have early AM appointments which suited my work schedule... We opted to do the refund program for IVF. It was more expensive than single cycle but if we didn't bring home a baby after 3 cycles
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer is wonderful! He knows his stuff and explained it clearly to both my husband (no medical background) and myself (medical background). He cared about my husband, his life and his personal journey during our infertility. He was always able to "talk me off the ledge" when I was over reacting or freaking out about something. I graduated from him when I was 7 weeks 4 days but he emailed me just last week (14 weeks) to check in and see how the pregnancy was going. He cares!
He thinks fast and explains fast. Ask questions.
I can't say enough about Dr. Meyer and Carolina Conceptions! AMAZING in every way. Dr. Meyer was kind, knowledgeable, straight forward, very thorough with his explanations in an understandable way and most importantly to me he was available. He always returned my emails promptly (even while on vacation), handled my endless questions with patience and grace and helped us through such an emotional and stressful journey. He checked in me to see how my appointments went when I saw a nurse or different physician. He cares. My husband and I are now 14 weeks pregnant and have Dr. Meyer and the staff at CC to thank.
We did IVF because I have endometriosis. My fallopian tubes were open but did not seem to be functioning efficiently. I had scar tissue from the endometriosis and prior abdominal surgery (to remove large cyst from my ovary) which was complicating things. My IVF protocol had to be adjusted (ie meds increased) because my body wasn't responding as quickly as we wanted. I had to delay the start of my injections because I had a cyst on my ovary that we wanted to give another week on birth control hoping it was decrease in size/disappear. I am now 14 weeks pregnant so Dr. Meyer's plan worked!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff...also AMAZING. Terri, Taylor, Leeann, Elise and anyone I"m forgetting. They were all very knowledgeable and always explained every detail to me. They made sure I understood every step. Everyone was so punctual whether is was answering a phone call or email, getting me into my appointments on time (I never had to wait), getting my records to my OB in a rush, etc. which was very comforting to me. They have early AM appointments which suited my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff...also AMAZING. Kurt & Ashley up front, Nikki (the practice manager), the nurses (Terri, Taylor), the other physicians (Dr. Bowling-who did my egg retrieval, Drs Park & Couchman-who I saw for monitoring visits), Diana & Kelly (financial), the phlebotomoists (who took my blood with ease) and our little ones first babysitter (the embryologist) and every one else I'm forgetting made our infertility journey a bit easier. Everyone was so punctual whether is was answering a phone call or email, getting me into my appointments on time (I never had to wait), getting my records to my OB in a rush, etc. which was very comforting to me. They have early AM appointments which suited my work schedule and made the 40 minute drive to their office more doable. I tried another fertility clinic in the area and ended up switching to CC. I felt like a number at the other clinic. I felt like family at CC. They truly cared about me and helping us achieve our goal of having a baby. I can not recommend CC and Dr. Meyer enough!
We opted to do the refund program for IVF. It was more expensive than single cycle but if we didn't bring home a baby after 3 cycles we got 75% of our cost back (excluding medication). The extra cost was ok with me because it was upfront and made the first cycle less stressful because I knew we had 2 more cycles already paid for if we needed them.
We only had one embryo that made it to day 5 so no discussion re: multiple embryo transfer for us.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Meyer is very responsive and wants to make sure we are all on the same pag. He always jokes with my husband and remembers us from visit to visit...Dr. Meyer has been very open to our opinions and input...Make sure you take notes and ask questions. I feel like he gives you all the information, but it is in oral form, not written down...We started with an HSG which revealed polyps in my uterus. So my first treatment was a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. We tried a monitored cycle of Tamoxifen, which yielded no mature eggs. We then did a cycle of Follistim (150 IU daily). This cycle was cancelled after having ten mature follicles on day 12. We will try again next cycle with Follistim but at 75 IU.
I feel that the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] are great when you are in the clinic. If you call with a question, they can sometimes seem like they are in a rush to get you off the phone. There is one nurse in particular, Terry, that I love to have. She always treats you like you are the most important person in the world and does it with a smile and wonderful attitude!..It is very hard to get up with someone when you have a question. You always have to leave a message and they will call you back. Also, make sure you talk with a financial counselor at their office to make sure you are doing things the best way for your insurance situation.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I have been very pleased with my experience as a patient. While we are still in the throes of our treatment, Dr. Meyer has been very open to our opinions and input. I have full faith that we will get pregnant with Dr. Meyer's help, either through injectibles or IVF.
I had previously tried several rounds of Femara and Clomid before seeing Dr. Meyer. We started with an HSG which revealed polyps in my uterus. So my first treatment was a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. We tried a monitored cycle of Tamoxifen, which yielded no mature eggs. We then did a cycle of Follistim (150 IU daily). This cycle was cancelled after having ten mature follicles on day 12. We will try again next cycle with Follistim but at 75 IU.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I feel that the nurses are great when you are in the clinic. If you call with a question, they can sometimes seem like they are in a rush to get you off the phone. There is one nurse in particular, Terry, that I love to have. She always treats you like you are the most important person in the world and does it with a smile and wonderful attitude!

Treated 2013 - 2017
Dr. Meyer and his staff were such a support for me and my husband...He is very honest. Don't mistake this as bluntness. He truly truly cares about you and wants you to succeed in adding to your family...I honestly can't say enough good things about Dr. Meyer. I needed someone who was compassionate, yet honest. My husband was uncomfortable at first with parts of IVF and Dr. Meyer thoroughly answered his questions and addressed all concerns. He was exactly who we both needed.
The PGS testing [at Carolina Conceptions] was an additional $4,500 (approximate). They did provide a teacher discount at the time (one month out of the year). I believe the also offer discounts for nurses, military, etc...Everyone is so supportive and helpful. I honestly don't have one negative thing to say. And I would feel that way even if we were not able to conceive. Everyone cared SO much.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer and his staff were such a support for me and my husband. They grieved with us and then thankfully celebrated with us in the end. There was no doubt that they all cared deeply.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
My biggest cheerleaders. Cried right along with me after losses. So supportive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Most of my medicine was covered by insurance for IVF, but only because it had already been approved for IUI. My insurance covered 3 IUIs, but not IVF. But once the medicine was approved for IUI, it was covered for a year. The PGS testing was an additional $4,500 (approximate). They did provide a teacher discount at the time (one month out of the year). I believe the also offer discounts for nurses, military, etc.
After our transfer with one embryo was unsuccessful, Dr. Meyer was going to transfer 2 for the next transfer. Unfortunately we only had one "normal" embryo after PGS for each cycle, so we were only able to transfer 1.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Meyer was very knowledgeable, providing information on the plan of care and recent research data, risk and benefits, and mapping out on paper all information. He was able to communicate information in an understanding way and answered questions along the way. He responded promptly to email request and I never felt alone in my journey....
Front desk staff [at Carolina Conceptions] were compassionate and supportive, lab staff unaware of test (just there to draw blood), financial advisors and doctors were great, clean and comfortable office. There needs to be better communication between nurse and doctor. Example: Another doctor from practice increase dose of medication, pharmacy or nurse knew anything about it and delayed process after several calls to office.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand. He is very matter of fact and compassionate about his work
Dr. Meyer was very up front with me and responded almost immediately via email to any concerns I had.
Currently in treatment using hormonal agents for IVF stimulation
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurse that gave me instructions on injections demonstrated information well. Then gave us papers to read over and sign. When I contacted her with questions on meds I was given indirect answers and called back the next day.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Front desk staff compassionate and supportive, lab staff unaware of test (just there to draw blood), financial advisors and doctors were great, clean and comfortable office. There needs to be better communication between nurse and doctor. Example: Another doctor from practice increase dose of medication, pharmacy or nurse knew anything about it and delayed process after several calls to office.
Treatment $7,615, meds $5, 316, office visits $200-300 per visit
The normal is to transfer two embryos and they were against transferring more than 2. You could do a single embryo considering age, AMI, and HSG results.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic staff misunderstood some information resulting in miscommunication. Dr. Meyer was able to correct the issues and resolve them in the same day after I emailed him.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Michele was my donor egg coordinator [at Carolina Conceptions] and was always there to answer questions and go above and beyond to help me when I needed it. She is a great nurse and very compassionate.... I guess the only weakness is them not filing insurance for me. They would only do that for certain companies and everyone was self pay. That was a pain and made a stressful situation more stressful just to get reimbursed for bloodwork and ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I like Dr. Meyers energy and I felt he was very sincere. He was upfront and honest when I asked questions and was honest with me that he did not know why I wasn't able to conceive either time we did my transfer. He was willing to do bloodwork I requested just to be sure I didn't have any issues that would normally not be looked at until multiple miscarriages. My husband also met Dr. Meyer and had a great experience with him as well. Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Meyer to both friends and family.
Ask for what you want and don't be afraid to question things. He is open and honest and did not bs me which was very much appreciated.
He has a wonderful bedside manner while being upfront and honest about my situation. He made feel very comfortable every time I came in leading up to my procedure and was very positive even while being honest about my chances of conceiving.
Because I was using donor egg and only doing FETs we didn't really have treatment strategies. We did do a lot of bloodwork after the first failed attempt and did another saline ultrasound just to make sure their were no issues that may be going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michele Medlin)
Michele was my donor egg coordinator and was always there to answer questions and go above and beyond to help me when I needed it. She is a great nurse and very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They have a great front office staff who are very kind and upbeat! All of the doctors are great. I guess the only weakness is them not filing insurance for me. They would only do that for certain companies and everyone was self pay. That was a pain and made a stressful situation more stressful just to get reimbursed for bloodwork and ultrasounds.
Costs are reasonable here. They are on par and maybe somewhat below the national average. The out of pocket expense for me for bloodwork and ultrasounds were a pain since they would not file my insurance.
Treated 2016 - 2017
From my very first visit for my consultation with Dr Meyer, I felt like he truly cared about me and our situation. I needed to have a hysteroscopy which my insurance wouldn't cover thru the clinic. He referred me to a Dr that my insurance would cover and then agreed to come observe during my procedure. He always went above and beyond to make sure we knew/ understood what was happening. He was easily accessible whenever we had questions or concerns.
Very friendly and courteous staff [at Carolina Conceptions] that always try to make you feel at ease during this stressful time. They definitely go above and beyond for their clients and I felt like i was family...All the nurses were friendly and knowledgeable. When I left a message on the nurses line, I always received a timely return call with all the information I needed...We got a service workers discount and were self pay. I remember we paid almost 13k for the ER, biopsy and FET. Each monitoring Was between 3-400.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Take advantage of his knowledge. Don't leave his office without asking every question you may have...he is one Dr that does not mind being questioned.
Dr Meyer was very personable. I have never had a Dr call or email me just to check on me. If I had any questions, all i had to do was send him an email and I always had a quick response.
For my ER, I started with Lupron, 75mg Menopur and 150mg Gonal F. When my body didn't respond as well as expected, he increased the dosages to 225mg Gonal F. I ended up with 6 mature follicles and 5 mature eggs. For my FET I was taking a blood thinner to help improve blood flow to my uterus, vitamin D and E through the entire prep. I started on 6mg of Estradiol orally but my lining wasn't getting thick enough so it was changed to 4 mg estradiol orally, 2mg estradiol vaginally and 2 estrogen patches and 10mg Progesterone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very friendly and courteous staff that always try to make you feel at ease during this stressful time. They definitely go above and beyond for their clients and I felt like i was family.
We were planning on doing a multiple embryo transfer but I only ended up with one viable embryo after we received our PGS test results.
Treated 2014 - 2017
I feel like Dr. Meyer truly cares about our success in having a baby and genuinely cares for his clients... tested everything after 2nd miscarriage, ruled out anything other than egg quality/maternal age, tried IUI, recommended we not try additional rounds of IUI, after third miscarriage went to egg donor program. Transferred 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test, transferred two more embryos, positive pregnancy with one successful. We are currently 23 weeks 5 days. :-)
All nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] were very supportive, compassionate and care for their clients...I also had a very bad experience with someone in finance who took us to the back room to discuss financial options after our 3rd miscarriage and them promptly asked us to exit through the back stairs since we were visibly upset and she didn't want us to walk through the lobby and possibly upset other patients. She just handled it very coldly.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
He was very compassionate and warm which immediately made me feel comfortable working with Dr. Meyer. He listened to our concerns, was honest in his recommendations and was able to thoroughly explain all of our options. I'd highly recommend Dr. Meyer to friends and family.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to ask for all options.
We started with an oral pill to increase egg production, added injectibles, tested everything after 2nd miscarriage, ruled out anything other than egg quality/maternal age, tried IUI, recommended we not try additional rounds of IUI, after third miscarriage went to egg donor program. Transferred 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test, transferred two more embryos, positive pregnancy with one successful. We are currently 23 weeks 5 days. :-)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
All nursing staff were very supportive, compassionate and care for their clients.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I only had a few negative experiences. I saw Dr. Park on a few occasions and didn't feel he was as warm or compassionate at Dr. Meyer. I also had a very bad experience with someone in finance who took us to the back room to discuss financial options after our 3rd miscarriage and them promptly asked us to exit through the back stairs since we were visibly upset and she didn't want us to walk through the lobby and possibly upset other patients. She just handled it very coldly.
We paid most everything out of pocket so we had to take several personal and medical loans. We paid well over $30000 over our time at Carolina Conceptions and still have 3 Frozen embryos and plan for another transfer or 2 of those embryos.
We asked to transfer 2 embryos and he agreed. Recommended we not do more than 3.
Treated 2017
I am highly impressed with Dr. Meyer....He's honest, caring, straight forward and what stands out the most is that he is on top of everything! Nothing goes overlooked. He will literally respond to your e-mail within 5 minutes. When we first met him we were getting a second opinion and I knew within the first minute talking to him that this was our guy... He explains everything in detail and leaves nothing overlooked.
[Carolina Conceptions] Strengths: staff is friendly and communicate very well. Process has been smooth and not complicated secondary to the excellent communication and education provided by staff members. Questions are answered promptly. [Nurses are a] Great resource for information and answering questions...the process was explained so well from the beginning with Michele, RN during my IVF class. She was great!
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
We are still in the process of starting our family. We are currently in the first round of IVF. Bill Meyer is absolutely amazing! He is a down to earth person who makes you feel incredibly comfortable. He explains everything in detail and leaves nothing overlooked. Each time I have emailed Dr. Meyer, he emails me back within 5 minutes. This is unbelievable for a doctor to be so on top of everything and it makes you feel good and much less stressed. For example, I needed an order pretty quickly faxed over to another facility (I am being monitored remotely). I emailed him and he literally sent email back within minutes and his nurses had already faxed the order. Getting answers quickly like this decreases your anxiety and makes the process less stressful and more exciting.
If you have questions, just ask. He will always be quick to answer. Be sure to take notes at office visits as information can be somewhat overwhelming as with anything when going through fertility treatment. Utilize the nurses- they are great resources.
I am highly impressed with Dr. Meyer. He made me feel like a human because I felt so comfortable around him and talking to him. It didn't seem like I was sitting down with a specialist but rather a regular person panning out a situation and formulating a plan. He's honest, caring, straight forward and what stands out the most is that he is on top of everything! Nothing goes overlooked. He will literally respond to your e-mail within 5 minutes. When we first met him we were getting a second opinion and I knew within the first minute talking to him that this was our guy. He's incredible!
We are currently in our first round of IVF therefore unable to provide adequate feedback.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Great resource for information and answering questions. I communicate more with Dr. Meyer and have not had to rely too much on his nurses. So far process has been smooth and have not had to utilize them too much as the process was explained so well from the beginning with Michele, RN during my IVF class. She was great!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: staff is friendly and communicate very well. Process has been smooth and not complicated secondary to the excellent communication and education provided by staff members. Questions are answered promptly. Weaknesses: Clinic is 2.5 hours from my home, however I only have to go 3 times to clinic (IVF class, retrieval, transfer). Otherwise I am able to be monitored remotely. Totally worth the drive to be a patient at this high quality clinic.
$4000 so far....
Dr. Meyer has a strong preference for single embryo transfer. I couldn't agree more. Less risk of complications.
Treated 2015 - 2017
As a physician myself, I spent time researching and looking up an REI who would be highly qualified, but also treat me with kindness, compassion and warmth... I had a lot of ups and downs trying to conceive and he never made me feel that having a family was not a possibility. I had such a great experience at Carolina Conceptions and with Dr. Meyer, that after I moved over 4 hours away, I decided to keep him as my REI and make the commute back for our second child (who I am currently pregnant with). Whichever REI you decide to go with, make sure it is someone who can help you navigate this difficult time in your life. I was blessed to have found this with Dr. Meyer.
Strengths: very well qualified physicians, embryologists, nurses. Extremely supportive, organized and reliable. Weakness: Carolina Conceptions is 4 hrs from me...Terry is amazing. I did remote IVF for my last two cycles as we moved 4 hrs away and she was my nurse and liaison. She helped to coordinate all my medications, treatments, dose changes, etc. She was always timely, responsible, and completely reliable. More important, Terry was a strong pillar of support and always showed warmth and compassion. Couldn't have picked a better team!
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
As a physician myself, I spent time researching and looking up an REI who would be highly qualified, but also treat me with kindness, compassion and warmth. Choosing an REI is a very important decision for any woman going through fertility issues. It's important to chose someone who you connect with, as this is a very difficult and often lonely journey with potentially a lot of heartbreak. I chose Dr. Meyer and am so thankful that I did. I had a lot of ups and downs trying to conceive and he never made me feel that having a family was not a possibility. I had such a great experience at Carolina Conceptions and with Dr. Meyer, that after I moved over 4 hours away, I decided to keep him as my REI and make the commute back for our second child (who I am currently pregnant with). Whichever REI you decide to go with, make sure it is someone who can help you navigate this difficult time in your life. I was blessed to have found this with Dr. Meyer.
Feel free to be open about your concerns/thoughts/feelings. Ask questions. He is always responsive and thoughtful.
Dr. Meyer took time to come up with my protocol. He would listen to my concerns and take them into consideration. He was always warm and compassionate. I never felt like a statistic or just another patient.
My first IVF cycle I used Bravelle and had a chemical pregnancy. Second IVF cycle I used Lupron with Bravelle and had follicles but no mature eggs. This was converted to IUI. Third cycle I used Follistim and testosterone patch and became pregnant with my son. At that time I was going through IVF Bravelle was recalled due to decreased potency. For baby two, we repeated the Follistim and testosterone and I am currently 7.5 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry Hunter)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Costs were comparable to other nearby fertility clinics.
I left it up to the embryologist to decide. No real comments.

Treated 2017
I would recommend Carolina Conceptions to anyone who has had trouble getting or staying pregnant. I trust my obstetrician implicitly, but he was not willing to start me on fertility treatment. My obstetrician subsequently referred me to Carolina Conceptions, and they immediately performed surgery to remove scar tissue from my uterus, diagnosed me with mild PCOS, and started me on fertility treatment. My husband and I have been trying for over a year and have had one miscarriage. Starting a family was becoming overwhelmingly stressful, but the staff at Carolina Conceptions stepped in, were thorough in testing both of us, and frank about what treatment I needed. Having a fertility specialist on the case has taken so much stress off of us and put us at ease.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I had an HSG done before seeing Dr. Meyer that showed a mass in my uterus. Dr. Meyer automatically set me at ease and told me that he thought it was scar tissue and that he would do my surgery ASAP. In the same visit, he diagnosed me with PCOS and decided to put me on Letrozole starting with my next cycle. He explained what would happen every step of the way and also let me know what to expect. The surgery went perfectly and I am now on the first round of Letrozole.
Take notes! He is very thorough and explains every aspect of your treatment plan, but does go through things quickly. If you miss something though, Carolina Conceptions is great with answering questions and will respond to you pretty much right away.
Dr. Meyer has been amazing! He immediately diagnosed me with PCOS, which my obstetrician was not comfortable doing. I needed surgery to remove scar tissue from a prior miscarriage, and he scheduled the surgery right away. The surgery went perfectly, and I was able to start Letrozole about a week later.
The first step in my treatment was a hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue from a prior D&C. About a week after the surgery -- which went perfectly -- I started my first round of Letrozole, which I am currently taking. Dr. Meyer started the Letrozole because he diagnosed me with PCOS. Dr. Meyer explained how the Letrozole would work, the timing of the appointments, and how everything would go. Dr. Meyer plans to keep me on Letrozole for three cycles. If I do not get pregnant during that time, he plans to be "more aggressive" with my treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurses are very warm and make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The cost of going to see Dr. Meyer has been extremely affordable. Fortunately, my insurance has covered most everything; however, if it had not, or if I had not had insurance, the clinic offers significant discounts to reduce the out-of-pocket cost to their patients.
Treated 2017
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was professional, compassionate, and well organized. ALL of the staff I have encountered have been extremely kind and invested in our journey. Appointments were very easy to schedule and I received many reminders about upcoming appointments via text and email. The receptionist, Kesha, was one of the most kind, genuine people I have ever met.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Meyer was exactly what I needed. He was compassionate and caring, but also very informative and to the point. He made sure we understand exactly what we were going through and what results we might could expect. I was diagnosed with a low AMH (it dropped significantly in about a years time) and Dr. Meyer was very realistic with the possibility that I might not have a lot of eggs for retrieval. As hard as it was to hear, he explained that I needed to lose some weight as this could significantly help improve my AMH levels and better my outcome of egg retrieval. I was able to lose some weight and take a couple of supplements recommended by Dr. Meyer and in return my AMH improved. With Dr. Meyer's help and expertise, I had 12 eggs retrieved, 9 of which were mature and fertilized, 6 made it to day 5. We transferred one embryo and the others were genetically tested and frozen. The one we transferred resulted in a positive pregnancy test and i am now 5 weeks. I could not be more thankful for Dr. Meyer!
While Dr. Meyer is caring and compassionate, he is not a "warm and fuzzy" doctor. He gives you facts and is an expert in his field. He has a great sense of humor!
Dr. Meyer was the answer to our prayers. He took time to explain everything in detail (multiple times as I needed reminders and had lots of questions). He was easily reachable by phone or email. I typically reached out to him via email and always had a prompt response. I felt as though Dr. Meyer really knew my husband and I and took the time to make sure we were comfortable and well informed.
Dr. Meyer suggested we begin with an medicated IUI. This was unsuccessful, so we had the option of trying it again or moving forward to IVF. We decided to think it over and take a break because we were emotionally drained at that point (just from trying for so long naturally and being disappointed each month). We resumed treatment a few months later and moved forward with IVF. We didn't want to waste any time. Dr. Meyer created an IVF protocol for us (I believe it was a pretty standard protocol) that we followed. Everything went smoothly and we were so lucky to receive a positive pregnancy test from it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry, Elisa)
We were highly pleased with the care, communication, and compassion we received from the entire team at Carolina Conceptions. The nurses were reliable and timely when relaying information. They were also very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable with the information they provided me. They were also always willing to answer any questions I had. When I called and left messages they returned my calls promptly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was professional, compassionate, and well organized. ALL of the staff I have encountered have been extremely kind and invested in our journey. Appointments were very easy to schedule and I received many reminders about upcoming appointments via text and email. The receptionist, Kesha, was one of the most kind, genuine people I have ever met.
Our IVF cycle costed approximately $18,000. This included everything, from nurse class, egg retrieval, transfer, monitoring visits, and medication.
I appreciate Dr. Meyer being open and honest about his opinion of how many embryos to transfer. He was very passionate about only transferring one embryo in our situation. He expressed his concerns with having a multiple pregnancy (possibly complications, birth defects, etc).

Treated 2017
He [Dr. Bill Meyer] listened to me when other doctors in other clinics I went to did not...He was my primary doctor and he explained everything and was up-to-date with the latest tech in IVF. He is always, I mean always available to answer any questions. If I have questions, I email him and he instantly answers. Even now after 1.5 years of my IVF, I asked him a question and he instantly answered. Prior to me going to Carolina Conceptions, I could never talk to my doctor. But at Carolina Conceptions, I have quick access to Dr. Meyer. He also gave me a protocol that worked and resulted in my darling baby daughter.
They [Carolina Conceptions] have sufficient nursing staff and well versed with procedures...The cost is on average the same as majority of the clinics in the area...was my 3rd clinic and successful resulting in my baby daughter on the 1st try. I was 42 at that time...They listened to my concerns as I was very nervous of the procedure failing as this was my 3rd IVF, but the 1st IVF with them...at Carolina Conceptions, I have quick access to Dr. Meyer. He also gave me a protocol that worked and resulted in my darling baby daughter. I was 42 years old using my own eggs. He listened to me when other doctors in other clinics I went to did not. I am glad he was my doctor. I am going for another IVF next year and will be returning to Dr. Meyer.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bill Meyer is an excellent doctor. He was my primary doctor and he explained everything and was up-to-date with the latest tech in IVF. He is always, I mean always available to answer any questions. If I have questions, I email him and he instantly answers. Even now after 1.5 years of my IVF, I asked him a question and he instantly answered. Prior to me going to Carolina Conceptions, I could never talk to my doctor. But at Carolina Conceptions, I have quick access to Dr. Meyer. He also gave me a protocol that worked and resulted in my darling baby daughter. I was 42 years old using my own eggs. He listened to me when other doctors in other clinics I went to did not. I am glad he was my doctor. I am going for another IVF next year and will be returning to Dr. Meyer.
He's got you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
They have sufficient nursing staff and well versed with procedures.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I trust this clinic and the doctors are honest, which is very important. It is well staffed and all up-to-date with the latest tech. There will always be somebody when you need them. The cost is on average the same as other clinics in the area. I went to 3 different clinics for each of my IVF. Carolina Conceptions was my 3rd clinic and successful resulting in my baby daughter on the 1st try. I was 42 at that time. I can say that I trust this clinic over the other 2. The 1st clinic I went to has big name but treatment was conservative and not flexible and doc no bedside manners, the 2nd clinic I went to was very very shady and doctor was dishonest. The other 2 clinics in the area that I did not have IVF but had a consultation, one only has 2 docs and the most expensive and the other one has a big name and tried to make me go the egg donor route which was expensive and unnecessary. My friend told me to go to Carolina Conceptions before I started IVF, but I did not listen. I wish I listened the 1st time around knowing what I know now. Overall, I recommended Carolina Conceptions to my friends who are thinking or in the process of IVF.
The cost is on average the same as majority of the clinics in the area.
Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr Meyer was extremely helpful in laying out the expectations and process...Dr Meyer is extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. When I, or my husband, have questions he is quick to respond via email and extremely patient when in person. I appreciate his honesty and candidness...Dr Meyer is great at what he does! If you want someone to hold your hand, cry with you, and "baby step" you through this process, he is not your man. If you want honesty, candidness and to get the end results you will not be disappointed with Dr Meyer! I came in to CC looking for an action plan to start my family and Dr Meyer is helping us lay out the process! :)
We tried IUI first [at Carolina Conceptions] then moved to IVF (which is where we are currently). My husband had a low sperm count which involved us working to increase his count majority of 2016. From there we tried one attempt at IUI which was unsuccessful. I received advice from Dr Meyer and friends to move forward with IVF if our budget allowed. After 3 years of trying to start a family, I had hit my limit of seeing negative pregnancy test.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
Extremely positive experience! He shared all options with us and continues to support us through this process. We have been working with Dr Meyer directly for almost 2 years. This process has been longer due to personal obstacles vs anything directly with CC. Dr Meyer has been an amazing support system and doctor for us both.
We tried IUI first then moved to IVF (which is where we are currently). My husband had a low sperm count which involved us working to increase his count majority of 2016. From there we tried one attempt at IUI which was unsuccessful. I received advice from Dr Meyer and friends to move forward with IVF if our budget allowed. After 3 years of trying to start a family, I had hit my limit of seeing negative pregnancy test. IVF appears to be the best path for us as we begin that journey this month. Dr Meyer was extremely helpful in laying out the expectations and process. I have faith we are in the best hands and that along with much prayer and Dr Meyer we will be pregnant by the end of 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Extremely helpful
We discussed all options. He shared the pro's and con's of each. We have not made a decision one way or the other but I believe when the time comes to decide all options will be revisited between me, my husband & Dr Meyer collaboratively.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Any time I contact Dr. Meyer he was quick to respond. He would then put me in contact with who in the office I needed to speak with in order to start my next process. When speaking with him in the office he always gave me his undivided attention. His main goal is to get me pregnant and I have confidence he will succeed....So far I have only been through 3 failed timed intercourse with medication (shots). I would go in for ultrasounds almost every 3 days. Depending on what part of my cycle would depend on if I saw Dr Meyer, a nurse, or another Dr if Dr. Meyer was unavailable.
They [Carolina Conceptions] are always very nice and on time. Even if you go really early before your appointment time they try to squeeze you in so you are not waiting long. The font desk staff are also very kind and know that you are properly stressed over the treatment at hand. I would recommend this office to anyone.... The nurse staff is very nice and knowledgeable. The answered all questions you had at the time of the appointment, If they had any questions they would take to a Doctor right away. I felt very comfortable with each nurse I saw.
How was your experience with Bill Meyer at Carolina Conceptions?
I have only been a patient of Dr. Meyer for a year now. I have not had success with getting pregnant yet but I hope we are on the right track to do so. We have goals and testing that I need to complete with my next cycle. I have full trust in Dr. Meyer and any other Dr in this practice, since I have spoken with each of them. This process is not cheap so being in the right hands is very crucial.
Make sure you get that one on one time with him at the beginning and go with any questions you might have about now and future procedures. Game plan if you want to call it. Also don't be afraid to email him if you have questions or do not understand something. I find email is one of the best ways to get a quick response. He will answer any questions you have or point you to his staff to help fulfill your need or to start the next process with whatever he suggest.
So far I have only been through 3 failed timed intercourse with medication (shots). I would go in for ultrasounds almost every 3 days. Depending on what part of my cycle would depend on if I saw Dr Meyer, a nurse, or another Dr if Dr. Meyer was unavailable. They guided me each step of the way through the cycle. Even though I have had 3 failed cycles with timed intercourse I am ready for the next plan of action. Next will be the HSG testing to make sure my tubes are open. We will see where this goes
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are always very nice and on time. Even if you go really early before your appointment time they try to squeeze you in so you are not waiting long. The font desk staff are also very kind and know that you are properly stressed over the treatment at hand. I would recommend this office to anyone.
As of right now my insurance helped with the last 3 cycles, so i paid my copay. My future procedures will be out of pocket so it will be expensive. I will have to do a little at a time, or take out a loan for a full cycle. I have not gotten to the point of figuring it out yet.