Medical SchoolU. of California Davis
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Westminster
13950 Milton Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bill Yee to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Medical Group to a friend?
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Yee was very knowledgeable and trustworthy. During our, consultations He took the time to answer all my questions. I loved that he didn't demand a protocol or treatment schedule, but he advised us on what was best and laid out our options to choose from. I felt he was thorough with testing before we started any treatments. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, which left me with no answers. Dr. Yee suggested we head to IUI and thought we had good chances of conceiving with IUI due to our unexplained diagnosis. After the first IUI with clomid, I wanted to skip to injectables and Dr. Yee was open to moving forward and listened to my complaints and suggestions. His character made me trust him, and I am glad we did, even though it took us 4 IUIs to get pregnant. My only complaint was Dr. Yee lacked bedside manner. At times I felt like I was just a number and not a patient he really wanted to help. Also, the way the clinic is run, I didn't always see Dr. Yee. There were a few cycles where I didn't see him at all, and other RE's did my treatment. I didn't mind this because Dr. Yee seemed to stay in good communication with the entire staff. I would recommend Dr. Yee to a friend of mine and I would go back to him in the future. Overall I was happy with my experience with Dr. Yee, and it didn't hurt that we got our miracle baby!
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Ask a lot of questions, you are your best advocate. I felt heard when I was communicating and inquiring about myself and my treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
I felt treated somewhere in the middle of a number and a human. I think he lacked bedside manner, which made me feel more like a number. Sometimes I questioned if we were just going through the motions of our plan.
Describe the protocols Bill Yee used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
We tried Clomid 50 mg for 2 cycles + a trigger to make sure I ovulated on time. I already ovulated on my own, but Dr. Yee thought this would boost ovulation and produce more follicles to up our chances of conceiving. Both cycles I got 1to 2 eggs and did not conceive. We moved on to IUI + Injectables + trigger shot + endometrium. During these cycles, I did double IUIs, one 24 hours after trigger, and one 48 hours after trigger. The injectables I was on was Gonal-F and I used 75iu every day until I was ready for a trigger. Each cycle on this protocol I produced 3-4 follicles. We had two cycles the failed and got negative pregnancy tests. The very last cycle of IUI (my 4th and final one), we caught a follicle and it implanted into a baby boy!
I loved the nursing staff! When Dr. Yee lacked bedside manner, the nurses definitely stepped up. They always made me feel welcomed. I felt like they were rooting for me. They were professional and organized. And I felt like I could ask them anything. They made all the difference and I appreciate them so much.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is set up as a rotation of doctors. There is about 4 on staff doctors so be aware that you may not see your doctor often. BUT, regardless all of the staff is great and trustworthy, so even though I didn't see mine often I felt like I was taking care of. The clinic is organized, all doctors and nurses will be up to date on your treatment plan, and it is running smoothly. I always felt like I got in and got out which is great because who wants to wait at the doctor for a long time. Communication is key, you may feel a little lost if you are the sit back and go with the flow kind of person. Speak up, ask questions and for directions. At first, I felt a little lost like they expected I knew what I was doing, but as soon as I asked the whole staff was great at explaining. Remember you have a voice, if you don't like something, or don't feel good about a treatment plan, advocate for yourself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I had 50% coverage on testing, ultrasounds, and IUI. All IVF and Meds would be out of pocket. I paid about 1300 a cycle, but most of that was meds because injectables were completely out of pocket.
Westminster
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Yee] is an incredibly intelligent doctor and he has a lot of experience in his field and explains things in a clear and easy to understand manner. He has also been compassionate and understanding during some tough times. Dr. Yee is my primary doctor at the clinic, but I typically see other doctors for most of my appointments (ultrasounds, monitoring, etc.). I believe he performs a lot of the major procedures at the clinic, so he's not always available. I don't mind this as I've had positive experiences with all of the other doctors, but I did want to point this out...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
My experience with Dr. Yee has been positive overall. He is an incredibly intelligent doctor and he has a lot of experience in his field and explains things in a clear and easy to understand manner. He has also been compassionate and understanding during some tough times. Dr. Yee is my primary doctor at the clinic, but I typically see other doctors for most of my appointments (ultrasounds, monitoring, etc.). I believe he performs a lot of the major procedures at the clinic, so he's not always available. I don't mind this as I've had positive experiences with all of the other doctors, but I did want to point this out.
Understand that if Dr. Yee is your primary doctor you will not see him at all of your appointments; however, you are in very good hands with any of the other doctors at the clinic.
There does seem to be a high patient volume at this clinic, but the doctors and staff do a good job remembering names and faces. All of the doctors I have worked with at this clinic have been kind and knowledgeable. Most of the nurses and other staff at the office are friendly as well. Some of the nurses have more matter-of-fact attitudes than others, but they have all been courteous and willing to answer any questions.
I don't remember the specifics of the protocol for my first IVF cycle, but I was closely monitored the whole time and adjustments were made to my medications when necessary.
Most of the nurses on staff are friendly. Some are more matter-of-fact than others (which can come off as unfriendly at times), but all of them have been willing to help me and answer any questions I've had. You don't have a dedicated nurse at this clinic, so you'll typically interact with 3-5 different nurses during any given treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I would say that this clinic is pretty well run. I've typically not had long waits for my weekday appointments - usually no more than 20 minutes for a morning appointment. I have had a few longer waits (30-45 minutes) during weekend appointments because (as others have mentioned) they are not fully staffed on the weekend. I consider it a plus that they offer appointments on Saturdays and Sundays, so this doesn't bother me. I have had a few billing issues at this clinic where I've been over charged. No matter which clinic you go to I would suggest keeping detailed records of all of your expenses, copies of all of your receipts, and asking questions if something looks incorrect.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Monitoring appointments are always done in the mornings (before 11am). I don't know if they make exceptions for this. I prefer morning appointments so this has not been an issue for me.
I do not have insurance coverage for anything infertility related so costs are very expensive, but comparable to other clinics in the area. They will go over financing options with you if you are a candidate.
2011 - 2012
He was very knowledgeable and explained things really well and in a way I could easily understand.... I felt heard and I really liked Dr. Yee, he was really kind and helpful. The only odd interaction I had was that on my 6th IUI as he walked out of the room after an ultrasound he said, "did you know that the more IUIs you do the less effective they become?"....and then he walked out.... We started with the lowest dosage of Clomid with an IUI. Our plan was to do 3 IUIs and then reevaluate. We did Clomid and then an HCG shot to get my body to ovulate.
2011 - 2012
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
He was very knowledgeable and explained things really well and in a way I could easily understand. The only time I had an odd interaction was the one I talked about before when he told me that IUIs get less effective the more you do them. I believe he was talking about clomid, but I was pretty confused after.
I would just tell them to build a relationship with all the doctors because you see all of them.
We started with the lowest dosage of Clomid with an IUI. Our plan was to do 3 IUIs and then reevaluate. We did Clomid and then an HCG shot to get my body to ovulate. Then after the IUI I did progesterone suppositories until I got the results of the IUI. The rationale for just doing 3 at first was that our insurance only helped out with 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Brenda)
They were fantastic! They were so helpful and caring and kind!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths: they were organized, kind, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Weaknesses: just a little pricey General info: you see whatever doctor is on call at the time, but they do discuss each patient and know what is going on with everyone, so ask your questions to whoever you see.
$800 for an IUI plus the cost of medication. Clomid: $50 Follistm: $150
Redondo Beach
Dr. Yee was all business. Maybe for other couples, they’d like that, but my husband and I were new to the fertility game and felt like his approach was a little aggressive for us. He really wanted to suggest IVF straight away, but we wanted to try other options such as IUIs first....This was our first time actually going to a fertility clinic instead of the normal OB. We felt like fertility treatment with Dr. Yee felt impersonal and he came across harsh.
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
We started with an IUI cycle using oral medications and it failed. Dr. Yee wanted to do IVF right after that and had wanted to skip trying different IUI methods first. We then did an injectable IUI cycle which failed as well.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic was always able to answer my questions and returned my calls in a timely manner. I frequently received the appointment times and dates I wanted/needed. After going to this clinic for so long, I appreciated being recognized and welcomed by name when I signed in.
Around $3500 total for both IUI cycles.
Redondo Beach
Visits [with Dr. Bill Yee] were always very quick! Not enough information was given to me. Never put on supplements...Dr. Yee was at the office only a few times. Never really talked to me about how I was feeling or if meds were okay. He only did treatments with timed sex. I wish he would of done iui! Never followed up after 3rd failed timed sex. I wish he would of explain more on the next step that take forward...I took every test imaginable to find out what was wrong with me. Every test came back positive except my low ovarian reserve which had to do with my age. He had me on injections and some oral medicine, but always with timed sex! He told us that we would try three times after that he would not do anymore of that treatment. I was very disappointed and never got a call back from them
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee was at the office only a few times. Never really talked to me about how I was feeling or if meds were okay. He only did treatments with timed sex. I wish he would of done iui! Never followed up after 3rd failed timed sex. I wish he would of explain more on the next step that take forward. I found Billy Yee through a friend that got pregnant while under his care.
Ask a lot of questions! Get as much information as you can.
Visits were always very quick! Not enough information was given to me. Never put on supplements.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The staff was pretty friendly they saw me on time except I never really saw my doctor I saw him maybe two times. The nurses were friendly and very helpful they seem to care. They always had my appointments on time and I was seen on time which was a good thing.
It varied
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
2012
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Yee was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about his work. He explained everything thoroughly and was completely frank about potential issues we might face. We never got the feeling that we were just another stat for his business. He presented all options, but steered us to the ones that were more likely to result in a live birth, given my age and issues...
2012
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Go talk to him!
Staff always greeted me by name. Everyone was very friendly and engaging.
Dr Yee suggested that we start with IVF first, given my age. He was open to IUI but didn't want to waste our money or precious time. After IVF was unsuccessful, we went straight to donor egg and now have a beautiful daughter!
The nursing staff was extremely busy, but always made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The clinic is nicely appointed and very discrete.
IVF was roughly 14k including meds, Donor Egg was 21k including everything.
2010 - 2015
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
I felt like they actually knew me and cared about my process. Dr. Yee even made personal calls to check up on my progress.
2010 - 2015
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bill Yee at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Yee, as I mentioned above was very compassionate toward the process and made us feel optimistic.
Remain positive and have faith he knows what is best.
Everything was meticulously entered into the computer so all nurses knew where the process was.