4.8

12011 Lee Jackson Mem. Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22033
703.246.0500

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
The kindest thing that Dr. Swelstad did was give me a call the day before the FET. I was unable to pick up his call, but he left a voicemail and upon listening to his message, I felt more at ease with the procedure the following day. I really appreciated the couple of minutes that he took out of his day to reach out...Although the IUIs were unsuccessful, Dr. Swelstad's guidance and medication adjustments were welcomed
Generally, my experience at [SGF] Fair Oaks has been a good one. My favorite person (other than Dr. Swelstad) at the Fair Oaks office was Tiffany who (a majority of the time) drew my blood. She is so lovely and nice. I always enjoyed by short interactions with her. The front staff is nice enough. Sometimes the mornings are very busy (most of my appointments) but there is that 1-2 times where I was the only person in the wait room.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wish that I could have had more face-to-face interactions with Dr. Swelstad but I understand that at a large clinic such as SGF, that's not always possible. In the two times that Dr. Swelstad completed my ultrasound (during two IUI rounds) he always made me feel at ease and made me feel like he knew who I was based on our virtual meetings. Dr. Swelstad is direct and considerate. He added dashes of humor to our interactions and I liked that about our conversations. Although the IUIs were unsuccessful, Dr. Swelstad's guidance and medication adjustments were welcomed. My husband and I have been very happy with our relationship with Dr. Swelstad. We are at the beginning of an active pregnancy journey and we hope to be able to share happy news with Dr. Swelstad by the end of this year!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask Dr. Swelstad questions. He might not give you warm, fuzzy responses, but he is honest and clear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Although I am reviewing the Fair Oaks clinic, I also went to the Fairfax location and the SGF location in Rockville. Generally, my experience at Fair Oaks has been a good one. My favorite person (other than Dr. Swelstad) at the Fair Oaks office was Tiffany who (a majority of the time) drew my blood. She is so lovely and nice. I always enjoyed by short interactions with her. The front staff is nice enough. Sometimes the mornings are very busy (most of my appointments) but there is that 1-2 times where I was the only person in the wait room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance is pretty terrific (thank goodness!), so our only costs were the PGTA testing and freezing our embryos. I also had a co-pay for the meds, but that wasn't bad.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Fair Oaks
He [Dr. Brad Swelstad] is caring and compassionate but also tells you how it is, not just what you want to hear. He will give you all the facts, good or bad, and allow you to make your own decisions. He is easy to understand and always has charts and visual aids to help explain things in an easy to understand way. Even though we have not yet had success, I believe he will get us to our goal and trust that he knows how to get there.
The ARNPs at Pacific Northwest Fertility are amazing. They are the ones that have done all my IUIs and ultrasounds. They are always pleasant and compassionate. The nursing staff and MA staff are okay. Sometimes they are hard to understand on the phone but they always call when they say they will and are more than willing to get answers to questions they don't know the answer to.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Swelstad is a pleasure to work with. He is caring and compassionate but also tells you how it is, not just what you want to hear. He will give you all the facts, good or bad, and allow you to make your own decisions. He is easy to understand and always has charts and visual aids to help explain things in an easy to understand way. Even though we have not yet had success, I believe he will get us to our goal and trust that he knows how to get there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Listen to what he says, even if it is not what you want to hear. He will give you options but also give his opinion. I wish I had listened to his opinion earlier even though it would mean moving to IVF sooner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Swelstad took the time to get to know us and talk to us about our lives outside of fertility. Our visits are always personable and enjoyable and he takes time to just chat instead of being in a hurry to get to the next patient.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with Dr. Swedlstad after 3 rounds of medicated cycles (clomid) with two of them including IUIs. Dr. Swelstad instantly switched us to Femera and did 3 cycles of that with IUIs. After this, we took a break and moved to combo cycles with 5 days of Femera and 3 days of Follistim injections followed by a trigger and IUI. The last 2 cycles, we also used suppository progesterone. All cycles failed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNW Fertility is a great clinic. They are accommodating when scheduling procedures, testing, and ultrasounds. They are open every day and it was never an issue to get in when necessary. They are a smaller clinic so it feels like they get to know you and you never feel like a "number". The clinic is clean, organized, and welcoming.
Seattle

Our nurse and staff [at RCC-Clearfield] where incredible! They were always accessible for any questions or concerns through the process. They were compassionate to our situation and very knowledgeable about the procedures and protocols.... This clinic did a fabulous job of focusing on me as a person and patient, not just a number. They were timely and accommodating to my schedule. One weakness is that this clinic is not open for some procedures and that required driving to their other location about an hour away.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad was very honest and open through the entire course of treatment. Despite the variables that couldn’t be controlled, he continually updated us on the direction of treatment and answered all of our questions very clearly. Dr Swelstad was sensitive to the needs of our family and was helpful in directing us with our choices to have a healthy successful cycle. He wasn’t shy about conveying the risks of treatments but also allowed us autonomy to decide which was to proceed. He was accessible and very friendly. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t be afraid to voice your opinions, fears and dreams. He is very willing to work as a team and they will be very well received.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Every time I came into the office, even if it was just to make a follow up appointment or to have a follicle check and wasn’t even scheduled to See Dr. Swelstad, he greeted me by name and asked how things were going. He remembered my medical history and did a great job at answering all my questions.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol for our IVF Cycle. We were successful with a 28 egg retrieval. Our fertilization didn’t go well and we ended up with 3 eggs for transfer at day 3. We transferred the two with the best quality and had a successful Singleton pregnancy and birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Our nurse and staff where incredible! They were always accessible for any questions or concerns through the process. They were compassionate to our situation and very knowledgeable about the procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center.
There were many options of IVF treatment with RCC. We opted for a single "fresh cycle". The cost including medication was just under $14,000.
Describe Brad Swelstad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Dr Swelstad did encourage us to transfer only 1 or 2 embryo. He did explain the risks of high order multiple pregnancies and births.
Clearfield

Dr swelstad was very nice and easy to talk to. He explained a lot to us and figured out a treatment plan that we both thought was great. We are happy to be working with him. He seemed very caring and not just as another patient but like he really cares about his patients....we talked and figured out a plan for us within our means..... dr swelstad switched me to femara with injections of follistim and trigger shot with iui and progesterone
Beautiful clinic. Everyone there was very friendly and nice from the front desk to the ma and nurse to the dr and the phlebotomist. I also Love that the lab is in the clinic....pnwf does there best to help from billing what they can to insurance to helping you go through a fertility pharmacy so you can get your medicine at a better cost... Amber is amazing. She always calls me back in a timely matter and always emails me or responds to my emails in a timely matter!
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr swelstad was very nice and easy to talk to. He explained a lot to us and figured out a treatment plan that we both thought was great. We are happy to be working with him. He seemed very caring and not just as another patient but like he really cares about his patients. It was nice because we were so nervous.
Just relax you are in good hands he is very nice and easy to talk to!
My husband and I both really like dr swelstad! He was very nice and professional yet caring and we talked and figured out a plan for us within our means.
My husband and I had done 6 rounds of clomid and two rounds with iui. Nothing had worked. So dr swelstad switched me to femara with injections of follistim and trigger shot with iui and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Beautiful clinic. Everyone there was very friendly and nice from the front desk to the ma and nurse to the dr and the phlebotomist. I also Love that the lab is in the clinic. I wish I lived closer so I could always just go to that clinic and not have to go to a separate dr where I live for iui and ultrasounds
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility.
Everything is spendy with infertility it doesn’t matter where you go. I wish there was insurance here to help with infertility but pnwf does there best to help from billing what they can to insurance to helping you go through a fertility pharmacy so you can get your medicine at a better cost
Seattle

You go into your first appointment feeling crazy emotional and he [Dr. Swelstad] had the right amount of empathy coupled with data that made me hopeful. He gave us a plan (both short term and long term) and we left feeling like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel (or at least we could affirmatively do something instead of just having unexplained fertility and doing the same thing every month).
[The nurses at Pacific NW Fertility were] Very response when I called with questions...Takes a long time for the initial appointment, but once you're in then getting seen is a breeze. If you are having issues TTC and think you will need to see a fertility doctor, get the appointment on the books...because it will take 2-3 months to get the initial appointment)... He [Dr. Swelstad] was very patient and listened to all my questions (and answered them).
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
You go into your first appointment feeling crazy emotional and he had the right amount of empathy coupled with data that made me hopeful. He gave us a plan (both short term and long term) and we left feeling like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel (or at least we could affirmatively do something instead of just having unexplained fertility and doing the same thing every month).
I did my homework before I met with Dr. Swelstad and I think it made our first appointment much more productive because I was able to ask more detailed specific questions instead of having to cover the basics of fertility. If you're going to spend the time and money with a specialist, you might as well get your moneys worth and use his vast knowledge.
MY ob had previously done my fertility workup so I showed up with a big binder of test results and 19 months of cycle charts. He was very patient and listened to all my questions (and answered them).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Very response when I called with questions.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Takes a long time for the initial appointment, but once you're in then getting seen is a breeze. If you are having issues TTC and think you will need to see a fertility doctor, get the appointment on the books (under 35 so they say wait a year - I'd call before a year because it will take 2-3 months to get the initial appointment).
2014 - 2015, Unknown Success
Doctor swelstad was an amazing doctor, we have no complaints and we have a beautiful set of twin girls because of him. He was down to earth, didn't judge us, and we felt very respected. He was patient, calm, I would highly recommend him to anybody needing any infertility treatments. If I could do it again I would go to him.... He was very down-to-earth, likable, professional, knowledgeable, and you could tell he cared about our situation.
100% completely satisfied, I was always greeted with a smile and taking back in a timely manner [at RRC-Sandy]. The financial part was done smoothly and emails were sent as well as appointment confirmations. The environment was welcoming, it felt like home... Nursing staff was overall pretty good, I felt that their compassion lacked a little bit. And their organizational skills was a little bit weak as it would sometimes take me awhile to get responses to emails and or phone calls
Be open and honest
I just remembered doctor swelstad being so respectful when we found out that we had to do ICSI. He was honest with us and open and respectful of our financial situation. When it came to medications he didn't over-prescribed but he also was honest about making sure we had enough medication to begin with to eliminate any stressors throughout the IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
100% completely satisfied, I was always greeted with a smile and taking back in a timely manner. The financial part was done smoothly and emails were sent as well as appointment confirmations. The environment was welcoming, it felt like home
Overall I think we spent about $14,000 that included the IVF cycle, and medications
Sandy

2013, Unknown Success
Dr Swelstad took the time to get to know me and my husband, personally as well as professionally. He took the time to explain our diagnosis and what treatment would look like. He always had charts and stats on hand to help us understand in better detail....Suggested that we not try another IUI since my husband’s morphology was low. We likely would need to do ICSI with IVF.... He does talk a lot, but he'll make sure you understand everything :)
It’s a nice calming building. The staff [Reproductive Care Center] are friendly and they answer your questions in a timely manner. Dr Swelstad was very nice and personable. I really like the Layton clinic, didn’t feel like a number there. They don’t do the actual embryo transfers at this one though.... I didn’t see very many nurses here. But they emailed me back pretty quickly if I had a question. Phone calls, they usually called the next day.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
He does talk a lot, but he'll make sure you understand everything :)
He took the time to get to know me and my husband, on a personal level. He took the time to explain our diagnosis and the plan.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It’s a nice calming building. The staff are friendly and they answer your questions in a timely manner. Dr Swelstad was very nice and personable. I really like the Layton clinic, didn’t feel like a number there. They don’t do the actual embryo transfers at this one though.
Our consultation was free. Didn’t do anything more. They did go through finances for IVF though.
Educated us on single transfer vs multiples. Suggested that one would be best.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
My new clinic requested that all documents to be sent to them. (After I signed the paperwork). They didn’t send the embryo report. So I had to request them again specifically.
Clearfield

Being Dr Swelstad’s patient has been a pleasure. We are mfi & somewhat unexplained and he always took the time to explain everything, never pressured us into expensive treatments without exhausting accessible treatments first, and was always on top of our treatment. I think we had a fairly good result in terms of ivf (I know many wish for 8 embryos out of the first retrieval) and I’m particularly happy he recommended pgs so we avoid heartbreak - 5 out of our 8 beautifully looking embryos were not compatible with life. Overall, I fully recommend dr Swelstad - he was caring and competent throughout the process.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] has been great so far - everyone is on top of everything that’s going on and I never had any issues with scheduling, billing, etc. my first intake appointment was approximately 3 months out, but I’m not sure if this is normal or they were just very busy at that time... I think we had a fairly good result in terms of ivf (I know many wish for 8 embryos out of the first retrieval) and I’m particularly happy he recommended pgs so we avoid heartbreak - 5 out of our 8 beautifully looking embryos were not compatible with life.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Our numbers were not great, but not terrible either. We started with Femara timed intercourse cycles, moved to IUIs, then IVF (1). The antagonist protocol, with frozen transfer, resulted in success (so far).
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic has been great so far - everyone is on top of everything that’s going on and I never had any issues with scheduling, billing, etc. my first intake appointment was approximately 3 months out, but I’m not sure if this is normal or they were just very busy at that time.
Seattle

Good bedside manner, only saw [Dr. Swelstad] during the consult, follow-up visit and my first appointment for an ultrasound on cycle day 3, but a lot of my appointments since have been weekend appointments...I had a virtual visit with him and he was very nice, relatable, seemed concerned about me and my success. Didn’t push very hard for IVF but definitely could tell he thought that was the best route and told us to think about it. I would recommend him.
[Shady Grove Fertility] Can be busy, but good at getting you in and out in the morning for ultrasound/bloodwork. Before having to go to work. Lately their billing system or appointment system seems to be down so have trouble making appointments and paying bills. Patient portal is convenient...Bloodwork/Ultrasound $234 prior to insurance...only saw him [Dr. Swelstad] during the consult, follow-up visit and my first appointment for an ultrasound on cycle day 3, but a lot of my appointments since have been weekend appointments
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility?
Good bedside manner, only saw him during the consult, follow-up visit and my first appointment for an ultrasound on cycle day 3, but a lot of my appointments since have been weekend appointments, and we are also dealing with covid right now. I had a virtual visit with him and he was very nice, relatable, seemed concerned about me and my success. Didn’t push very hard for IVF but definitely could tell he thought that was the best route and told us to think about it. I would recommend him.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Very personable. Great bedside manner. Had long conversation with him about my job/life during our consult.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
5 mg Femara CD 3-7, ultrasound CD 11/12, Ovidrel as trigger shot, progesterone to support uterine lining after ovulation 2.5 mg Femara CD 3-7, 75 IU Gonal-f CD 7 and 9, ultrasound CD 11/12, Ovidrel trigger shot, progesterone to support uterine lining
Bloodwork/Ultrasound $234 prior to insurance
Describe Brad Swelstad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Fair Oaks

Experience as a patient was pleasant. ... The doctor [Dr. Swelstad] presented my wife and I with pheesible options. Spoke to us both as humans. Straight forward, informative and never dismissive. ... Talked before and after consult and diagnostic. He allowed for us to steer and direct our plan. Was informative. Remembered information of my wife's history of treatment. Was understanding of different options we would want to try. ...
Everyone [at Shady Grove Fertility] was friendly. ... The billing was a bit confusing. Me and my wife got different copays ... Walled me through the process. Easy to tall to. Never felt overwhelmed or nervous. Nurse's never gave the vibe that they were not happy to be there. ... Follow up was a bit vague. I.e. w How far out do we make an appointment. Strength, everyone was pleasant and nice to work with. Medically informative. The nurses were friendly and helpful. The environment was clean and warm.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility?
Experience as a patient was pleasant. Talked before and after consult and diagnostic. He allowed for us to steer and direct our plan. Was informative. Remembered information of my wife's history of treatment. Was understanding of different options we would want to try.
Go for it.
I felt like a human. The doctor presented my wife and I with pheesible options. Spoke to us both as humans. Straight forward, informative and never dismissive.
Egg count.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Everyone was friendly. Walled me through the process. Easy to tall to. Never felt overwhelmed or nervous. Nurse's never gave the vibe that they were not happy to be there.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Follow up was a bit vague. I.e. w How far out do we make an appointment. Strength, everyone was pleasant and nice to work with. Medically informative. Doctor spoke to is about options, he showed us and spoke in numbers. The nurses were friendly and helpful. The environment was clean and warm. The billing was a bit confusing. Me and my wife got different copays.
Copays only
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Nothing major, just different billing.

2019, Consult
He [Dr. Swelstad] looked at all my medical history and gave us options for us. Realistic ones. He went into detail on how our numbers would effect us. ... He was very detailed on what our options were and how we would go about it. He was candid and did not hold back with any information. He was very calm and assuring that we had plenty of options. He also gave us grant and programs that could help with costs.
Strength [of Shady Grove Fertility] it keeps that the patient first. The clinical staff are sweet and attentive. The downside is that the receptionist staff isn't that great. It's hard to get an appointment if you call. When you are there they are sweet though. ... The whole staff if very informative and caring. ... A lot of co pays. But all very normal costs.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Shady Grove Fertility?
I think you have to very open minded to what your possibilities are. Do not let your expectations get into the way. He is very realistic and candid. Give you information to make sure you know all the outcomes.
He looked at all my medical history and gave us options for us. Realistic ones. He went into detail on how our numbers would effect us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Urben)
The whole staff if very informative and caring.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength it keeps that the patient first. The clinical staff are sweet and attentive. The downside is that the receptionist staff isn't that great. It's hard to get an appointment if you call. When you are there they are sweet though.
A lot of co pays. But all very normal costs.
Woodbridge

He [Dr. Brad Swelstad] was so kind and ready to action. I was so ready to see a doctor hat would be aggressive since we had already been trying for a year or so. He told me the plan and would also tell us what was next if that plan was not successful. I also loved that he started with the simple (more affordable options) and worked his way up. It was very logical to me. We started with a few cycles of just femara and then did 3 more cycles of femara but added injectables. Once that didn’t work we did femara injectables and then 2 IUIs. He was also conscious of reducing the risk of multiples for safety reasons. One cycle I had 3+ follicles and had to take birth control and skip that cycle. Even though we he didn’t meet with us for every apportionment he was there for anything important. I really enjoyed my experience there and he shared our happiness when we did get pregnant! He also made me feel better by checking on he pregnancy before I went to the OB.
The nurses is who I worked with the most [at Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield]! The were so amazing and were always making sure I knew what was going on and what I needed to do next. I could always ask any questions and they would always return my phone calls if i needed to get ahold of someone. They were kind and compassionate and shared in my joy when I got pregnant.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
He was so kind and ready to action. I was so ready to see a doctor hat would be aggressive since we had already been trying for a year or so. He told me the plan and would also tell us what was next if that plan was not successful. I also loved that he started with the simple (more affordable options) and worked his way up. It was very logical to me. We started with a few cycles of just femara and then did 3 more cycles of femara but added injectables. Once that didn’t work we did femara injectables and then 2 IUIs. He was also conscious of reducing the risk of multiples for safety reasons. One cycle I had 3+ follicles and had to take birth control and skip that cycle. Even though we he didn’t meet with us for every apportionment he was there for anything important. I really enjoyed my experience there and he shared our happiness when we did get pregnant! He also made me feel better by checking on he pregnancy before I went to the OB.
Just to trust in him. I know he is no longer at that clinic, so maybe to find out where he went.
He was so kind and took the time to talk to us and explain everything. He also made sure I felt comfortable with our treatment plan and was also thinking of cost. He helped give me options of getting injectables at a better price.
From my previous OB before I went to Brad Swelstad they found my prolactin was a little high so they wouldn’t prescribe me any Femara. I had tried Clomid but when they did an ultrasound they found that I didnt respond to it. So when I started with him he had me on Cabergoline to lower that and he also raised my levothyroxine from 25mcg to 50mcg. I was on metformin as well to help with the PCOS and he also started me on Femara we tried that for 3 cycles alone with times intercourse. The follicles got a nice size during these, but I wouldn’t ovulate. Sometimes I would just get a cyst (this was all checked by ultrasound on specific days). So then he decided to add injectables for the next three cycles along with all the other stuff. Those included Gonal F inejections and then if i didn’t get a positive ovulation test by a specific day I would do a trigger shot with timed intercourse. We did that for 3 cycles and one of them I had to cancel because I had to many follicles. He said it would have been perfect for IVF. He adjusted my dose so I wouldn’t get so many follicles. After those failed we did the same medications and injections and added an IUI my husbands sperm count was great and everything looked good but the first IUI failed. Then we did the same course a second time (he wanted to try IUIs 3-4 times before moving on to IVF) and luckily we got pregnant. After we got pregnant he checked my HCg to make sure it kept rising like it should and did some ultrasounds to confirm things were staying good. Then we got to love to an OBGYN.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
The nurses is who I worked with the most! The were so amazing and were always making sure I knew what was going on and what I needed to do next. I could always ask any questions and they would always return my phone calls if i needed to get ahold of someone. They were kind and compassionate and shared in my joy when I got pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness that I could really complain about is I wish they had a clinic that was open on the weekends closer to me. I had to travel around 50 miles to get to it. The strength of this clinic is their ability to be both professional and compassionate.
Everything was pretty much covered by insurance until we got to injectables and IUIs. The injectables were around $300-$400 and the sperm analysis for the IUI were $200-$300 and the actual procedure was around $200-$300. Total for the 2 IUI cycles it was a little over $2000.00
Clearfield
I had seen 2 drs for over two years before Swelstad and had done chlomid as well as 2 IUI’s so we decided to try one round of IUI with the injections to up the chance of more eggs. When that didn’t work we went straight to IVF. The first round we had one embryo to transfer but it didn’t take. The second time he suggested we do ixy(not sure how to spell it). So we did. We had two embryos to transfer and put both in and it was a success!
Everything about the clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] was great!! They were always so friendly and kind. Showed compassion to everything but were also very informative. They would always try to help with insurance stuff or lack there of since most insurance wouldn’t cover most of what they do. Very professional but very kind and compassionate as well.... They were absolutely amazing!!! I can’t put into words how much I appreciated them.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Swelstad was both kind and compassionate but gave you the entire truth. He’d let you know exactly what your odds were but in a very positive outlook. He knew his stuff and was always trying to learn more. Would highly recommend him to anyone.
To just take a breath and trust that he knows what he’s doing because he does!
Nurses were so great with dealing with the failure of our first IVF round and were also so excited when our second was successful. They were kind and just knew what we were feeling and how to comfort when needed. It’s a hard thing to go through and they all handled it so great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Everything about the clinic was great!! They were always so friendly and kind. Showed compassion to everything but were also very informative. They would always try to help with insurance stuff or lack there of since most insurance wouldn’t cover most of what they do. Very professional but very kind and compassionate as well.
For 2 rounds of IVF I believe it was like $17,000 plus meds. But they had grouping discounts and offered discounts if you paid by check we paid probably 25k for the entire process from start to finish with him including the IUI and 2 rounds of IVF with meds and the additional Ixy procedure.
We really didn’t have much of a choice but he did highly recommend putting both embryos in on the second round so we’d have a better chance of one of them taking.