Medical SchoolUSC
Noblesville
395 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46060
317-571-1637
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bradford Bopp to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is one of the warmest and caring doctors that you'll ever meet. He gave me a hug at our first appointment with him. I really like him as a person and it's clear that he really cares for his patients. He is very intelligent and intellectually curious. I went to him essentially for a second opinion after developing a recurrent loss issue that I suspected was due to immune factors. We had a really good conversation about where he stood on the immune protocol and whether he would be willing to coordinate remotely with a RI. I really loved working with Dr. Bopp. My frustrations and disappointment came after dealing with the staff and the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Go in with written questions. Dr. Bopp is a good listener and will ease the mind of someone who is feeling anxious about the process. He is so warm, so caring, and empathetic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Midwest Fertility is a very large practice. Specific appointments were required for simple blood draws. At my prior clinic, I could stop over for a blood draw at any time on a particular morning. When I would go in for midcycle ultrasounds, I rarely had the same ultrasound tech and the measurements varied wildly between techs, which was frustrating. The staff didn't know my name. The check out person always looked surprised/confused when I told her my name, even after going there for three consecutive treatment cycles. I always tell people that I liked Dr. Bopp but was very unhappy with the treatment at Midwest.
Describe the protocols Bradford Bopp used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Dr. Bopp used medication for ovulation induction since he felt that my primary issue was PCOS. We did low dose aspirin, Metformin (insulin resistance factor of PCOS even though my BMI is lower than normal), Letrozole, Follistim, and Ovidrel for the trigger. We did timed intercourse at home. I felt that Midwest/Dr. Bopp was not good at figuring out the right dose of Follistim to get my body to respond well. I saw Dr. Bopp after 9 previous induction cycles using Bravelle, which worked well for me under the care of another RE. Under Dr. Bopp's care (essentially, his head nurse), I didn't have as many ultrasound scans during the middle part of the cycle to gauge development, so my meds weren't adjusted as frequently as they were with a previous RE. As a result, we ended up with cancelled cycles due to under or over response, which was frustrating. I felt like it was due to a lack of appropriate or frequent monitoring, which is what I was used to at a prior clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Robin or Robyn)
Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment. The ultrasound techs who did the mid-cycle scans were inconsistent with the way follicles were measured. I rarely saw the same ultrasound tech during each treatment cycle. I felt like they tried to get patients in and out the doors as quickly as possible, without a personal connection or thorough review of their situation.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through. We developed some uncommon autoimmune issues resulting in recurrent losses and I had trouble getting anyone at the clinic to take a fresh look at our situation. They just kept pushing me to try IVF. We were able to conceive using ovulation induction/timed intercourse but couldn't maintain past 10 weeks. Strengths - This clinic has open hours 7 days a week, which is convenient for scheduling midcycle scans. I feel like the weekend or on-call staff is definitely not in the loop with each particular patient though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest didn't bill anything to my insurance because "my policy didn't have infertility benefits". My insurance was the same as it was when I visited a different clinic but my costs were so much more through Midwest. The other clinic billed blood work and ultrasounds as medical procedures to my insurance, so many of them were covered. Midwest charged everything to me and was unwilling to submit to insurance. For example, blood work for progesterone and estradiol levels aren't specifically infertility related, as an OB or general practitioner can run those tests for general health problems. I felt like we were getting 'nickel and dimed' for every little thing through Midwest when that hadn't been my experience at the prior clinic for six fertility cycles. Also, Midwest makes the patient choose between paying for each service directly or buying a plan for that cycle. It's very difficult to determine which way would be less expensive because of the unpredictable way they mismanaged each cycle. For example, during one cycle, I had 9 midcycle ultrasound scans. The next cycle, they only did 1 midcycle scan. The plan option essentially was a good deal if there more than 4 ultrasound scans, but it was impossible to know how many scans would be needed for each cycle. In my opinion, the billing staff was unsympathetic and did a poor job of explaining the options for billing. Every time I had an appointment there, I had to pay at least $250 for whatever service. That was different than my experience at a previous clinic.
Describe Bradford Bopp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Carmel
I loved working with Dr Bopp. He treated us like people. He explained what his thoughts were and what he was planning. If there was a set back he'd adjust. We didn't do many iuis with the clinic but the nurses performed those. While I would prefer Dr.Bopp to do them, they were on short notice and weren't originally planned. I can't comment on if he'd do them if it was scheduled in advance.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Be ready to hear the truth. He'll tell you with compassion but he lays out the facts so you can develop a plan.
He always had the time to sit down and talk to us. He gave us hope, but he was real with us. When we lost our pregnancy or talked about previous loss I really felt her sympathized with us and wanted to bring us our rainbow baby.
I did follistim injections due to a missing tube bc of a previous ectopic pregnancy. I had great AMH numbers and responded well to the medicines. I went in for ultrasounds pretty regularly and he'd adjust my medication to either slow down growth or speed it up. The goal was to produce enough good follicles on my good tubed site to do timed intercourse. This resulted in one baby which we miscarried. I went back for additional treatments using same medication with IUI. Due to cysts we could only do every other month (and my overuse would recover a month). In our month off we got pregnant naturally with our daughter who just turned one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was amazing. Answered every question and took as long explaining things as we needed.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Very good at communicating and at explaining everything to us. We had time to ask questions and met with the dr whenever we needed or wanted to discuss anything. Only negative was cost. Very expensive.
About $496 for the ultrasound and blood work. $300-400 for the IUI. I don't remember the cost for each thing individually.
We didn't do ivf
Noblesville
2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Bopp is extraordinarily kind, compassionate, empathetic, attentive, warm, caring... I cannot speak highly enough of him. He laughed with us, he cried with us, he hoped with us, he prayed for us, he was disappointed along with us, and ultimately he rejoiced with us. He patiently answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed during my time with him. I never had to remind him of any details or any part of our story. I never had to repeat myself with him. He took a fairly conservative approach to treatment, which we liked...
2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We were referred to Dr. Bopp by my OB for recurrent miscarriage testing after our first two pregnancies, both of which were conceived without assistance, ended in miscarriage. After testing uncovered no diagnosable reason for our losses we were unable to become pregnant again on our own, at which point Dr. Bopp conducted a couple more tests and we proceeded to fertility treatments. Over the course of about five years as his patients, we went through one cycle with injectables (an IUI had been planned but I ovulated early); five cycles of injectables plus IUI (one of which ended in miscarriage); four egg retrievals for ICSI/IVF (one with PGS) and transfer of fresh embryos (two of which ended in miscarriage); three frozen egg transfers; one IVF cycle that was cancelled prior to retrieval because I ovulated despite being on Lupron; and ultimately one IVF cycle with donor egg that resulted in the transfer of two fresh embryos and the birth of our child. As I said earlier, Dr. Bopp is extraordinarily kind, compassionate, empathetic, attentive, warm, caring... I cannot speak highly enough of him. He laughed with us, he cried with us, he hoped with us, he prayed for us, he was disappointed along with us, and ultimately he rejoiced with us. He patiently answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed during my time with him. I never had to remind him of any details or any part of our story. I never had to repeat myself with him. He took a fairly conservative approach to treatment, which we liked. We never felt he was recommending unnecessary procedures. When I asked about research or information I'd found online, he patiently discussed the pros and cons with us. I felt like my husband and I were 100% part of the TEAM providing our care - treatment decisions were made together WITH Dr. Bopp, not BY Dr. Bopp. When we reached the point where he felt we'd be better served by going to a famous clinic in another state that was able to offer PGS testing of embryos (because the technology wasn't available at his clinic at that time, though it is now), he was the one who suggested that we go there - our success was more important to him than his success rate was, and he and his staff were happy to work with the out-of-state clinic on sending our records and coordinating care. (We did go to that famous out-of-state clinic - we had a terrible experience there, which I will cover in a separate review. Our cycle there was unsuccessful and we returned to Dr. Bopp for one last try.) When it became evident we were more likely to have success with donor egg than with my own eggs, he was fully aware of how devastating that news would be to us; he delivered it with gentle kindness and he never pushed us during the long months it took us to become comfortable with proceeding. When we became pregnant, he was as overjoyed as we were. We did not see him at every appointment, but to be fair, it's not really necessary to see the dr at every appointment - my nurse performed my IUIs, and a sonographer performed my monitoring ultrasounds during cycles. I never had any problem scheduling time with him for consults when I needed them. He performed each of my egg retrievals and all but one of my embryo transfers (which he missed due to an illness). He performed my HSG himself as well as my hysteroscopy. When I was pregnant, he was at every ultrasound with us before I was released to regular OB care.
You're in good hands. Trust him. He will not steer you wrong. He truly wants you to have the family you desire.
He was extraordinarily attentive, kind, compassionate, and empathetic. (For example, six weeks passed between my first and second appointments with him, yet he noticed I'd changed my hairstyle in that time!) He is warm and personable. He's a hugger. He laughed with us, cried with us, prayed for us, hoped with us - I cannot speak highly enough of him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
My primary nurse, Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The level of patient care provided by the staff at Midwest Fertility is unparalleled. They do an extraordinary job of taking care of you and your needs.
He spent a good deal of time discussing the risks of multiples with us prior to starting our first IVF cycle, and each of those risks were outlined in detail in the consent forms we had to sign prior to each cycle. At our first transfer, we had three good embryos available for transfer (one 5AB and two graded 5BB); we chose eSET and he was very supportive of that. (That fresh transfer resulted in miscarriage, and the subsequent frozen transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test.) At our second fresh transfer, we had four good embryos available and this time he recommended eSET; we agreed. (That transfer and the subsequent frozen transfers resulted in negative pregnancy tests.) As time and cycles and negative results went on we got more aggressive with our embryo transfers. My husband and I always felt we were very much part of a team WITH Dr. Bopp making these decisions.
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He called or spoke with me personally on all the important milestones. He always explained everything very well. He also gave very good statics to help me better understand my odds. Dr Bopp explained the process and odds very well. He was always polite and compassionate....Dr Bopp always personally called me or gave me any bad news or important news....The protocol included birth control, centrotide, hcg and follistim....
Native American, Other
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Be sure to ask questions and get your odds/statistics of own success. I liked knowing my odds before even starting.
Dr Bopp always personally called me or gave me any bad news or important news.
The protocol included birth control, centrotide, hcg and follistim. They retrieved 8 eggs, 4 mature and all 4 fertilized with ICSI but none made it to blastocysts by day 7. The cycle failed to produce any blastocysts to send for PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Adria)
Adria was always well prepared and responded timely almost all requests. Cheryl seems a little more unsure about things but she was always friendly.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Be sure to ask about your exact costs. Make sure you are charged correctly especially if you have insurance. They are very responsive to calls and emails. They get back to you really quickly and they are pretty friendly as well.
I paid almost $15000 for my failed cycle. There would have been additional costs associated with the transfer and PGS testing. I was quoted around $20000-$22000 for the entire cycle which could vary depending on the medications.
The doctor prefers to transfer only one PGS tested embryo at a time. His goal is to get every patient one healthy Singleton and to have a healthy pregnancy.
Carmel
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
At first, I felt that Dr. Bopp was very compassionate and genuinely cared about all of his patients. When my test results started coming back with numbers that were indicating DOR, he seemed to steer me in a different direction than trying to help. He even told me that I probably had no good eggs and IVF wouldn't work for me and that I should consider donor eggs or adoption.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
If your stats look good on paper, than Dr. Bopp is a good doctor for you. If you are a very challenging case, I feel as though he may deter you from IVF so as not to hurt his overall success rate.
If you were in the middle of a cycle, they definitely dedicated more of their attention to you and treated you like a human than if you were not in the middle of a cycle.
We did 3 IUI's and did low dose Gonal. My 3rd IUI got cancelled because he stimmed me so long and I ended up ovulating naturally.
I felt that the nursing staff was fine. At times, I felt rushed or that I was asking too many questions.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinics strengths to me were that it was clean and efficient. Weaknesses are getting any kind of information in a timely manner if you aren't currently cycling. You also get treated differently if you are doing IVF versus IUI.
Each IUI was $1700 IVF w/meds would have cost around $23-25k
Fort Wayne
Dr. Bopp was a great doctor. He explained everything well and was very upfront with us. I never felt like he was not being honest with our chances of getting pregnant. He always answered any questions thoroughly and directed us down the path he thought was best for out situation...We began with ultrasounds and bloodwork. I then had a dye test done to check for blockages in my Fallopian tubes. After that we tried clomid again to attempt an IU I.
Ask lots of questions!
Everyone at Midwest was very friendly. They always made time to answer all of your questions and walk you through every step of what was going on.
We began with ultrasounds and bloodwork. I then had a dye test done to check for blockages in my Fallopian tubes. After that we tried clomid again to attempt an IU I. That did not work so we began injections to attempt an iui. Out iui was unsuccessful. Our next step would have been it so ivf but we were unsure if that was the right choice st the time financially.
All of the nursing staff was friendly and intelliagable. They were informed of our situation and were always prepared for our visit.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were very timely. I would go for a 7:00 am blood draw and then be back to work 2 1/2 hours away by 11:30. They were courteous and always knew where to find an answer if we had a question. They were especially helpful when we had to order our injections and were unsure of how to do that.
Our insurance did not cover any of our fertility treatment. I know my due test cost around $1500 and my injections were $700.
2013 - 2017
I knew he [Dr. Bopp] cared deeply about us and our story. He always took the time to sit with us and answer our questions.... He is wonderful. One of the best men I’ve ever met. He prayed for us before each transfer. He always answered our questions honestly. And he made me feel safe and heard. He is also brilliant! He did everything he could to get us to our happy ending.... He reserves a lot of time for consults, so make sure to take him up on it.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He reserves a lot of time for consults, so make sure to take him up on it. Come with a list of questions, or send them to him in advance.
I knew he cared deeply about us and our story. He always took the time to sit with us and answer our questions.
Lupron trigger to keep from OHSS, Gonal, menopur and ganirelex to stim. Started on 150 of each then decreased. FET with estrace and PIO.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison Jacobsen )
She is very blunt, but very capable and available. She’s a good balance to Bopp.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are competent, friendly and compassionate. I was sad to leave them! I truly enjoyed my time there. If you have issues with them, speak up. They are usually willing to work with you. I had very few negative experiences with them. The negative were mainly due to my own frustrations with my infertility.
They were reasonable.
He is very concerned about multiples. He cancelled two of our iuis when I had 5 follicles. Always advised transferring only one embryo.
Carmel
He [Dr. Bopp] was very professional when we had our first visit. He quickly became more of a friend than our dr. He joked with us, laughed with us and even cried with us when he had to tell us once again the news we did not want to hear. His love and compassion for his patients goes above and beyond!!!...He had a fantastic bed side manner!! Really was in tune to my feelings and has so much compassion when telling us that it didn't work.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very professional when we had our first visit. He quickly became more of a friend than our dr. He joked with us, laughed with us and even cried with us when he had to tell us once again the news we did not want to hear. His love and compassion for his patients goes above and beyond!!! We have not achieved success as of today but I have full confidence that Dr Bopp is the perfect Dr that will one day achieve for us a family we have dreamt of having!!
To listen to him and have full confidence in him as your Dr. Be patient as well and that day will come that you get the best news ever!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Brooke, Shelby, Karen )
I was not specified a certain nurse when I went in but every single one I saw was excellent!! Answered my questions and made you feel like they had known you forever. Very professional as well!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Always worked you in to fit around your schedule!! Never felt rushed.
With my insurance plan not much is covered so I always had to pay a co-pay of $30.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I so appreciated that my doctor [Dr. Bradford Bopp] would personally call me with test results. He’s bedside manner was also caring and positive, which I greatly appreciated...knowledgeable and willing to take a chance on us although on paper we didn’t look like great candidates for IVF. I’m so glad he did because we had success and now have a beautiful baby boy...Protocol selected due to DOR
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp was kind, caring, knowledgeable and willing to take a chance on us although on paper we didn’t look like great candidates for IVF. I’m so glad he did because we had success and now have a beautiful baby boy.
He is in high demand so come prepared with the questions you want to go over with him so you can cover as much ground as possible during your visits.
I so appreciated that my doctor would personally call me with test results. He’s bedside manner was also caring and positive, which I greatly appreciated.
Estrogen Primed Antagonist Protocol 225 Menopur 225 Follistim Protocol selected due to DOR
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison Jacobsen)
She wouldn’t sugar coat things but was empathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility clinic is very clean, serene and has a very friendly front desk staff. They provide coffee and have lots of seating so you can have some privacy while you wait. It’s easy to access since it’s off of a major state road. I don’t have any complaints about the office.
I do not recall. I do remember we didn’t qualify for any of the refund programs.
I did speak to any other clinic and they felt a day 3 embryo transfer may have been worth considering even though my progesterone was rising. He chose to do a FET because of my progesterone rising. It resulted in only one of the three embryos that fertilized making it to blast. I do wonder what would have happened if we would have transferred the two that didn’t make it to blastocyst stage on day 3.
2013 - 2014
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Bopp] was amazing and very positive along the way which is what I wanted...Be prepared for friendliness - the first time he hugged me I was shocked! I wasn't prepared for the personalization.
2013 - 2014
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was amazing and very positive along the way which is what I wanted - it is a hard enough venture - and I was traveling and working and not even living in Indiana full time. But this clinic also had one nurse that I would talk to all the time - which was important to me and not to go thru multiple discussions every time I had a question. He kept me updated and I never had to call for results - which was nice.
yes - the nurses and dr cared - called me to check in and see how it was going - always answered my emails or calls quickly - very personable!
They would always call me back or get back to me quickly with what I wanted or needed to hear - I very rarely had to call for updates - they called me! The office staff was also friendly and didn't just transfer me on the phone - but actually waited until I could talk to someone...it makes a huge difference during this emotional time