HRC

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of California Irvine
ResidencyNorthwestern
FellowshipUSC
333 South Arroyo Parkway
Pasadena, CA 91105
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bradford Kolb to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
Dr. Kolb is very professional & caring. We really didn't feel as if he was trying the bare minimum in trying to help me conceive. He did what we wanted, (within reason, we wanted to try pills 1st & he explained why we would go the more aggresive route since I have PCOS). He's a wonderful, intelligent, well mannered physician.... We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Go with an open mind & have questions. Dont be disappointed if the route you want to try 1st is not the same route he wants to try. He will give you his honest opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Dr. Kolb was the nicest ever. My husband & I felt very comfortable with him and he answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed, even though there were always many patients in the waiting room.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together. We checked on ultrasound if my lining was good & we did IUI on Nov 5, 2017. We did progesterone inserts daily as well. Unfortunately, a pregnancy did not happen. He says next time we will be more aggresive with medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Flor Parada)
Flor is just the sweetest. Im sure I bugged her a few time with emailing so much, but she responded fast & answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Sometimes the waiting area was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
All together, bloodwork, ultrasounds & IUI, (not incl. Meds as rhey were purchased from an outside company) we paid approx. $2300-$2500. (Meds were an additional $1600 from an outside pharm)
2013 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Kolb can be mechanical at times...Dr Kolb was not a good communicator when I first saw him. He just told me that I only have a remote chance of conceiving and sent me on my way without telling me there were treatment options, I guess he assumed I knew about IVF and all of that, But I had never heard of anything prior. Dr Kolb has apologized to me before for seeming sterile and cold, but like I said, I don't take things personally.
2013 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Do not take his bedside manner personally. He is regarded as one of the top fertility doctor's in the world, I have seen the reviews and magazine covers and he has a wonderful nursing staff. He is non-threatening and would never be considered creepy or anything like that. You can trust him.
His main nurse, Debbie treats me like a friend, but Dr Kolb can be mechanical at times. But I don't take it personally.
He makes it clear that he is trying to save me money by starting off with less expensive meds and overtime my eggs would not respond, he would up the medications and we would just keep trying. I am about to try my last cycle with the most expensive medications available thus far.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Debbie V)
Nurse Debbie is the BEST. She even lets me text her on her personal cell phone because of the nature of the urgency with my scheduling. I understand ethical and professional boundaries, so I do not abuse this privilege and neither does she. She is very helpful and always there when I need to come in on a moment;s notice; and she always finds a way to get me in whether she is going to be in the office or not. She is warm and empathetic.
Describe your experience with HRC.
They are poor with communicating the finances. I was never warned of a drop cycle fee of a thousand dollars and was shocked the first time it happened. Also, I had a friend pre-pay my IVF procedure and the clinic promised me that it could not be refunded and was safe for me to continue no matter what, but then the head of finances called me and said that my friend got it refunded back right in the middle of me getting treatments and the lady who promised this could not happen did not even apologize for the screw up. The clinic's strength is that you never have to wait in the waiting room for very long and they are organized. They charge twice as much for bloodwork as an outside clinic, so I would say that they are overly expensive. .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
$500 for bloodwork. $600. a year sperm storage fee. $9.740.00 IVF procedure. $1,000. drop cycle fees, $240 Ultra sound visits. $50.00 consultation. $500 for sperm donation. $4,000. egg donor medications.
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
He will not transfer anymore than 2 at a time, but my nurse says that I might be able to talk him into trying 3.
Pasadena
he [Dr. Bradford Kolb] just does not have time to elaborate on his plans and answer questions...There is no real discussion on plan of action, why things did not work out and what we can do next time to decrease chances of failure... I feel like things are easily overlooked. Treatment feels like trial and error. I do not get a sense that he realizes how emotional and financially hard it the process is.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Great bedside manner. Very educated, calm and can be very reassuring...when he actually spends time to explain. You can tell he is a very busy doctor and most likely not fully invest in your case as he has too much of a patient load to remember. I feel like things are easily overlooked. Treatment feels like trial and error. I do not get a sense that he realizes how emotional and financially hard it the process is.
Research and formulate questions before visits and after visits and insist on answers. You pay a lot for treatment and should be able to feel like you’re needs are being met.
The office is very busy and it feels like going to a dentist. Painful quick and goodbye. You get labs, an ultrasound and a few seconds after with the doctor. But really you spend 99% of the time with the coordinator. Dr Kolb is very pleasant and so are the nurses. But he just does not have time to elaborate on his plans and answer questions. It felt very personal to us and it did not come off that way to the team. There is no real discussion on plan of action, why things did not work out and what we can do next time to decrease chances of failure.
First cycle was done using standard protocol which is menopur, gonal F and citrotide then lastly trigger shot HCG. Second protocol was Lupron, follistim, menopur and hcg trigger. We did not get any explanation really on why he decided this would work best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
Our nurse is very sweet and answered questions to the best of knowledge that she has. He explained medication mechanism very well. Unfortunately I feel that lately she has been extremely busy and sometimes lack of details. Other staff members have tired to answer questions but they appear to be clueless and in fact just made us feel like we cannot trust how our case is being handled.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Clinic has its own parking lot and is very private. The staff are nice, phlebotomist are great. Labs and ultrasound are quick. Decorations can be update. The room men used to produce sample needs to be updated, video needs to be updated and sometimes headphones do not work. Financial people lack detail. You pay out of pocket and it’s a set price but if you go through insurance they bill much more for the procedure. Getting answers and refund is a nightmare.
The whole process cost us 35K so far and no success
2006 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
...The only negative with the follow-ups is that I feel like I am constantly re-living the past cycles and reminding him [Dr. Bradford Kolb] of what worked/didn't work, what he said about treatment changes, etc. We are currently undergoing (so far failed) IVF treatments with Dr. Kolb. He has been encouraging and hopeful the entire time we have been cycling with him. He has a calming and supportive bedside manner and I would recommend him to friends/family. Unfortunately all of treatment costs are out of pocket. It's devastating and heartbreaking each time it fails. I'm not sure if the doctors truly understand how difficult it is to just hand over, in our case tens of thousands of dollars, for something that has no guarantee of success at the end. As compassionate at Dr. Kolb is, I'm not sure he understands this aspect of treatments and how it influences the decisions we've had to m
2006 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
The first time I became a patient of Dr. Kolb was over 10 years ago. After years of infertility and multiple failed IUIs at another clinic, we decided to do IVF with Dr. Kolb. Our first IVF failed and Dr. Kolb changed our protocol. Second cycle failed as well. Dr. Kolb was great about getting us back in for a follow up appointment after each failed attempt and also giving us options going forward (i.e. We could change our approach and do GIFT or ZIFT). While on a treatment break, we miraculously conceived on our own. While we weren't technically under his treatment plan at the time, Dr. Kolb monitored us throughout the first trimester. Over 7 years later we returned for more treatments to try for another child after not being able to conceive on our own for all those years, again. Dr. Kolb seems to stay up to date on current treatments, testing, and research. He was very thorough, performing a hysteroscopy and running new blood tests, all of which came back great. I mentioned having a high ANA level at one time, as I was concerned it could effect cycle outcome, but he felt it didn't matter. I don't necessarily agree with this, but not all doctors believe that treating a high ANA makes a difference. I'm still not convinced of that, so I'd say that's one negative I personally feel about his treatment plans. He does prescribe Medrol, but I don't feel it's enough if there are immune issues going on with me. We then we started a new cycle with injections. It failed. Again. Dr. Kolb, was caring, as always, and re-evaluated our plan right away and added some meds (i.e. Lovenox). Our next cycle was an FET which was successful, but ended in a second trimester miscarriage (genetically normal baby). When I returned to his care again following the miscarriage, he immediately ordered a loss panel. This was helpful and thoughtful for me as you always want answers no matter what. Some doctors make you wait for a loss panel until several losses. The only negative with the follow-ups is that I feel like I am constantly re-living the past cycles and reminding him of what worked/didn't work, what he said about treatment changes, etc. We are currently undergoing (so far failed) IVF treatments with Dr. Kolb. He has been encouraging and hopeful the entire time we have been cycling with him. He has a calming and supportive bedside manner and I would recommend him to friends/family. Unfortunately all of treatment costs are out of pocket. It's devastating and heartbreaking each time it fails. I'm not sure if the doctors truly understand how difficult it is to just hand over, in our case tens of thousands of dollars, for something that has no guarantee of success at the end. As compassionate at Dr. Kolb is, I'm not sure he understands this aspect of treatments and how it influences the decisions we've had to make along the way.
Research treatments, possible problems that might impede success, and pay attention as you're cycling so that you are knowledgeable about choices and can ask for changes in protocol. I wish I would have adovocated more for myself when it comes to possible immune/high ANA issues.
Dr Kolb is a compassionate physician. He has great bed side manner and takes the time after failed cycles to follow up and go through what we could change. Sometimes I do feel as if he forgets pieces of my history, but I guess that's understandable with having several patients.
First cycle was injections with Lupron, delestrogen, progesterone injects, metformin and prednisone. Second, Centrotide was used instead of Lupron and heparin was added. Both produced highly fragmented day 3 embryos which resulted in a negative beta. When I returned this time around he has been having me use low-stim (hopes for better quality eggs), centrotide for a couple days before retrieval, then retrace progesterone, medrol and lovenox after retrieval or transfer (depending on the med). These past three cycle have been negative as well, although I do make it to blasts now (vs the cycles 10 years ago). Frozen transfer resulted in a pregnancy and I was on progesterone suppositories, estrace, medrol, lovenox, and delestrogen. Medrol is prescribed to try to prevent embryo rejection at transfer, lovenox to try to prevent blood clots and hopefully help with implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Pena)
Natalie is wonderful. She is kind, compassionate and understanding. She always responds to me as soon as possible when needed and answers (or finds the answers) I need in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic is clean, beautiful and organized. The surgery center is on location so everything is done at one place (hsg, hysteroscopy, retrieval, transfer, etc). Waits can vary. Sometimes I'm seen right away, sometimes I have to wait, but I understand surgeries can take longer than expected.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
Monitoring appointments are available for several hours in the morning. You simply make an appt (usually at your previous appt). You sign in when you arrive and your name is called for you to go back into an exam room. Exam room are very nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
We are completely out of pocket so we have spent about $50,000 (IVFs in past and present). IVF cycles are about $10000 each, although they do have packages. FETs cost $3500. Drugs are separate and are charged through the pharmacy. They are several thousand each cycle. Surgery (hysteroscopy) was covered by my insurance. Pregnancy monitoring was not covered so I had to pay out of pocket for all of those.
Dr. Kolb always lets me decide (1 or 2), but recommends 2 embryos for each transfer because of my history. I agree with this approach in my case.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Kolb is the kind of Doctor that is realistic as well as compassionate towards women with fertility issues. He takes his time to analyze your situation in order to give his expert advise. Even though it may be difficult to absorb the information based on your situation, he is gentle and sensitive. We trust him as our RE.... Dr Kolb prescribed Cetrotide and Gonal injection stimulation medication for me as well as the triger shot. The Gonal injection was fine except the Cetrotide and triger shot gave me a little welt in the injection site and felt a bit of an itch. Originally, Dr Kolb thought, based on my situation, that we would only be able to retrieve 1-3 eggs after my cycle. Surprisingly, after my 1st cycle and egg retrieval, Dr Kolb retrieved 9 eggs!! I guess the stimulation meds really helped in my situation.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Dr Kolb is the kind of Doctor that is realistic as well as comassionate towards women with fertility issues. He takes his time to analyze your situation in order to give his expert advise. Even though it may be diffucult to absorb the information based on your situation, he is gentle and sensitive. We trust him as our RE.
My husband and I were happy with Dr. Kolb from our original consultation. He was very direct with us which was want we wanted to hear given my situation. He was realistic and offered good advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Care coordinator)
Dr. Kolbs nursing staff is awesome. They are very responsive and knowledable. With all the expenses we made for this treatment, it was defjnitely worth it. We are cery happy with out coordinator, Flor Perada.
Describe your experience with HRC.
This office is extremely busy. In the waiting room, there are about 20-25 people waiting to see their doctor. We have always had to wait at least 30 minutes after our actual appointment to see our doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
Single cycle $8900 Anesthesia $550 PGS $4950 ICSI $1500 AHA $550 Embryo freezing $700 Meds $3500
2004 - 2016
My experience as a patient was a positive one. I felt very comfortable Dr. Kolb from the start, he listened, then recommended certain medical treatments to under go prior to cycling so we could have the best outcome. Which worked, I conceived on our first attempt with Dr. Kolb...For my first IVF cycle with Dr. Kolb, we did Traditional IVF age factor, Day 3 transfer - 1 successful singleton pregnancy and healthy delivery, my son. FET - unsuccessful 2nd IVF Minimal IVF (per my request, age factor) financial cost, less medication - Day 5 transfer - unsuccessful
2004 - 2016
European, Latino, Native American
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Be open with what you feel will work for you, you know your body best, he'll listen and make every attempt possible to meet your needs as a patient.
During our first meeting with Dr. Kolb he was exactly what we were looking for in a Dr. friendly and personable, a Dr. who was eager to help us in achieving our goal to have a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
I had 2 Fresh cycles and 1 FET at HRC. The first was many years ago my nurses no longer work there. The main care coordinator as well as the other nurses made me feel comfortable, they always greeted us with smiles and you could tell they loved the work they did. This last cycle my nurse coordinator was over loaded with patients do to being short staffed during that time. Understandably frustrating for her and us, yet, after expressing our concern we all tried to make the best out of a stressful situation.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Strengths would be, affordable treatment, In house egg donor program. Weakness would be, depending on the time of year they may be understaffed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
1. Cycle fee Payment. 2. Separate Payment to Pharmacy for protocol medications. 3. Purchased and reimbursed HRC for medication provided to complete cycle prior to retrieval. 4. Payment to on site Surgical Center for Anesthesia for egg retrieval.
No, he didn't have a set number nor force his recommendation, it was a decision we (the patients) and Dr. agreed on. My embryo transfers were based on how many we had and no amount would be transferred that could potentially put my health at risk.
Westlake Village
Dr. Kolb is a very smart man. He might not be the most talkative, but you can tell he's brilliant. The transfer was so much easier than I expected! I was most nervous about it and felling very vulnerable. You don't have access to him as a patient. Only his nursing staff. I get that he doesn't want to answer every single minuscule question about the process, but i think it'd be nice to get more answers directly from him.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
You're going to this clinic because of their success rates. Not to make best friends with your doctor. Know that going in and you'll be fine. Also, this guy knows his way around a cervix. haha! You want that in an RE.
I was primed with birth control but only due to scheduling. More on that later. I was on antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
I want to say that the situation was rectified after I spoke to MONICA who was the head nurse on BK's team. I was reassigned to KIMBERLY who was lovely, always responsive and answered my questions lovingly and took her time. But only after I had lived a nightmare with NATALIE PENA. Yes, she gets a first and last name call out. If she is assigned to you, run do not walk to Monica and ask to be reassigned. This nurse mismanaged my care so poorly, it MAY have affected my outcome. We'll never know. I said before I was primed with the pill. ONLY because I told Natalie that my husband had a work trip and I called to get more details on our IVF schedule. It was my first and I had no clue how long anything took, etc. She put me on the pill instead of letting me know that we could have frozen my husband sperm to use at egg retrieval. The original protocol was to start off a natural cycle. I never spoke to Dr. Kolb regarding this change, because I didn't think about it. Then there was the fiasco with the meds. I won't go into detail, but I could write a book. In the end, my meds ended up coming late and costing me $1000 more because she took too long to order them. Then she acted like she was dong me a huge favor by "loaning" me meds to start my cycle on time. When I had questions they'd go days without being answered. The baseline appt wasn't made until 4:30pm the day before! My husband had to put his entire work day on ice because he didn't know what time he was needed, only that he was needed. I could go on but I'll stop because I'm bored of my complaining. Bottom line, I spoke to Monica and she is aware of what happened and she got me reassigned. Back to priming with the pill. I'll never know if this had an effect, but I produced far fewer eggs than was expected based on my hormone levels on my Day 3 check. Again, we will never know, but I am dead certain the doctor didn't prescribe those pills. Maybe he would have anyway? But if I had known I could have just frozen my husbands sperm I would have opted for that 8 days a week! Again, we'll never know.
2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs
2012 - 2013
European, Black or African-American, Native American
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
So glad we went with dr kolb. We feel he is the number one reason we have our beautiful daughter! There was a minor setback w/the donor-dr kolb felt the first round of eggs weren't quite up to his standards, so even though we all felt impatient and eager to move forward, he made the donor start over. It set us all back a month or two, but it made the eggs the best quality, and we genuinely believe this is why our treatment was successful and we have our now 3 year-old perfect daughter! I am not convinced another fertility center would have been as discriminating or patient as dr kolb was.
Listen to him! He knows what he's doing. I did not have great experiences with other clinics that I consulted with before settling on dr kolb at hrc. I'm SO thankful that I trusted myself and kept looking until I felt truly comfortable with the clinic and doctor. This process was stressful and emotional enough; I needed something to feel right.
Dr kolb explained things very clearly, patiently, and kindly. Consulted with another dr at CARE before going to HRC, and they were kind but not as clear/I felt confused. Not w/dr kolb.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Everything was great except the billing! Really wish I could remember the specific woman in billing who was HORRIBLE: confused and confusing, defensive when she made mistakes (which she did). I feel we were not given a clear picture of the TOTAL cost at the beginning (I have heard this of most clinics-no matter how much you ask for total, ball-park, most money you'll have to spend, it's always more than they told you). It was the only thing that soured our experience at HRC. I think she may not be there anymore, so hopefully that's better...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
Probably ended up around $40-$50,000 when all was said and done (I'm including all Meds, the egg donor, etc, which may not all be directly related to the clinic; I'm not sure of specifics w/only the clinic
West Los Angeles
2009 - 2012
2 IUI, 9 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
2009 - 2012
2 IUI, 9 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Dr. Kolb is a great RE, up to date on latest treatment options and no afraid to work outside of the box when standard treatment options might not be indicated. That said, as a patient, I had to lead our relationship, push for communication, push for answers, demand responsiveness. We developed a great relationship over the decade that I saw him and I know he was invested in helping us achieve our goal of starting and completing our family.
Do not leave any appointment without a full understanding. Ask as many questions as you need to satisfy your understanding of your treatment protocol and why. Do your research and don't leave things that you don't understand or that don't make sense to you unsaid.
I demanded a partnership with him that I'm not sure he would have offered of his own volition. So, I did feel like a human, although I pushed to have that relationship and I know others who I referred to him reported not having that experience.
I did non-lupron, estrogen priming, cetrotide cycles that all included high dosages of stimulating medication, Medrol, baby aspirin, a combination of lining building estrogen agents and usually a combination of progesterone support. I cycled well, fertilization reports were high, my lining was an issue (not trilaminar but I eventually had two live births anyway).
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Marie Gil)
She got to know me, what I needed from her in terms of communication and the expectation of having timely follow-up. She was genuinely interested in me, my husband and our results. She went above and beyond to offer donated medication when available to help defray costs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
My own egg cycles were $10K plus another 3-4K in medication and $2,500 in PGD. My donor egg cycle was 30K give or take. My donor embryo cycle was 3K
Pasadena
Dr. Kolb's bedside manner is one of disarming confidence. He's so confident that it could easily be misinterpreted as arrogance, but he's extremely caring and patient with questions. It is obvious he has seen it all. When our family was extremely vulnerable, Dr Kolb respected our concerns and fears.... Our cycle was very straight forward though it presented more complicated due to our age.... Patients should not expect to get the warm and fuzzies the entire time, but rather have a doctor who knows his craft and will lead you in the right direction.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Dr. Kolb's bedside manner is one of disarming confidence. He's so confident that it could easily be misinterpreted as arrogance, but he's extremely caring and patient with questions. It is obvious he has seen it all. When our family was extremely vulnerable, Dr Kolb respected our concerns and fears. Patients should not expect to get the warm and fuzzies the entire time, but rather have a doctor who knows his craft and will lead you in the right direction.
Trust the process. Relax. You'll be better off for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
She was good, a bit distracted at times but compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC.
They come highly recommended for a good reason. They are professionals and have a high success rate. Recommended by city of hope for cancer survivors. They came through for us and we are very thankful for their care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
Based upon age, plus medications. We were fortunate to receive a grant from Baby Quest to cover the costs of medication and a portion of our cycle.
N/A as we only had one embryo.
2008 - 2011
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr Kolb was warm and attentive in person and on the phone. He spoke so that we could understand all aspects of what we were doing medically, and helped us make choices when appropriate. He never appeared rushed or like he was pushing us out to get to his next appointment, and he was a pleasure to deal with...Communication was clear, and the one time we had a miscommunication with office staff, Dr Kolb called me himself yo acknowledge it and apologize.
2008 - 2011
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Ask your questions and ask got further clarification on things that are not clear or concern you. He's got a good bedside manner, and made us feel comfortable, which was important for us particularly because we had already had a difficult experience at another clinic.
I don't recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC.
We had some difficulty with communication from the coordinator, and when Dr Kolb realized it, he called me and addressed it.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The practice is large, which can be off putting to some, but it did not affect our experience. They are LGBT affirming, and we had no issues being 2 men pursuing parenthood.
I don't recall.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Kolb take his time to answer all my questions and give honest opinion of how he predict my ivf outcome....He personally called me to explain my question and concern....For my retrieval cycle, I started with birth control pills enskyee first, then gonal F 900 with Menopur, then added centrotide... they [HRC] provide exceptional care and service to you. Wait time in the lobby was never more than 10 mins and their staffs are all highly trained.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
Dr Kolb take his time to answer all my questions and give honest opinion of how he predict my ivf outcome. I have to have two egg retrieval to come up with 9 embryo for Pgs and pgd testing, only 1 came back normally.
He personally called me to explain my question and concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Pena)
They are good in communicating via email. Most of the time I got a reply within 24 hrs.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Hrc Pasadena is a little bit more princey compare with other ivf clinic in Los Angeles area. But they provide exceptional care and service to you. Wait time in the lobby was never more than 10 mins and their staffs are all highly trained.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
I never have trouble scheduling my monitoring appt, I alway get my 7:30 am so I don't have to take too much time from work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC.
I spent about $50000 for two round of ivf.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
My husband and I were less than thrilled by the fact that our interactions with him [Dr. Kolb] were limited to the initial consultation and the phone call to select the embryos that were implanted.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC?
He achieved a successful twin pregnancy the first time around, so based strictly on results, he can't be faulted. Nevertheless, my husband and I were less than thrilled by the fact that our interactions with him were limited to the initial consultation and the phone call to select the embryos that were implanted. He delegated all of the interactions to the nurse, which often felt a bit frustrating.
Don't expect to talk to him very often and make friends with his nurses!
All in all, the interaction felt rather transactional. He was lovely the few times we did speak, but the fact we went mostly through his nurse made that feel more like a customer than a patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Yvonne Hinkle)
Very nice, but not all there...