7.2

USC

Bradford Kolb works at

55 S. Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Dr Kolb was the first person to look at my labs and say that I might not respond well to too much stimulation. He recommended that my eggs may respond better to lower amount of stimulation. I appreciated that. ... He was very calm and neutral. He did not talk about other topics and stuck to the important things, like my fertility concerns. I don't like mindless chatter and he definitely did not do that. Even though I felt like he was repeating a few things, it was better than if he went off on tangents.
They [Dr. Kolb] were quick to get you in and out for the IUI inseminations. Sometimes I thought they were moving too quick. the Doctor had said that I would need to lay down flat for 15 minutes, but they would come and get me out of the room in 5 minutes. ... They gave me an appointment and didn't put that appointment on the doctor's calendar. They did not place a prescription order in time.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Be ready to get serious. Dr. Kolb is logical like a vulcan. Which I like very much.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Kolb used Follistim 100 IU for my IUI treatment. I had 5 follicles growing and we did inseminations two days in a row.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The HRC staff are all very nice. The nurse I was assigned sometimes had issues with email communication. Even when she wasn't on vacation I would get auto emails that she was out of the office, which indicated to me that she was not good with details. She is a nice person. She needs to fix her email however. It was very confusing at times what she was saying. Her English was pretty terrible.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They were quick to get you in and out for the IUI inseminations. Sometimes I thought they were moving too quick. the Doctor had said that I would need to lay down flat for 15 minutes, but they would come and get me out of the room in 5 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
the IUI cost $2,200 but the medication was another $1,500.
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
he is for eSET but he is also very empathetic to the person's needs/wants.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
They gave me an appointment and didn't put that appointment on the doctor's calendar. They did not place a prescription order in time. The office had closed and I had to pick up my Follistim from the office, I thought I was going to have to cancel this cycle.
Pasadena

he [Dr. Bradford Kolb] just does not have time to elaborate on his plans and answer questions...There is no real discussion on plan of action, why things did not work out and what we can do next time to decrease chances of failure... I feel like things are easily overlooked. Treatment feels like trial and error. I do not get a sense that he realizes how emotional and financially hard it the process is.
Financial peopl [at HRC Pasadena] lack detail. You pay out of pocket and it’s a set price but if you go through insurance they bill much more for the procedure. Getting answers and refund is a nightmare...Clinic has its own parking lot and is very private. The staff are nice, phlebotomist are great. Labs and ultrasound are quick...Our nurse is very sweet and answered questions to the best of knowledge that she has. He explained medication mechanism very well. Unfortunately I feel that lately she has been extremely busy and sometimes lack of details. Other staff members have tired to answer questions but they appear to be clueless and in fact just made us feel like we cannot trust how our case is being handled.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Great bedside manner. Very educated, calm and can be very reassuring...when he actually spends time to explain. You can tell he is a very busy doctor and most likely not fully invest in your case as he has too much of a patient load to remember. I feel like things are easily overlooked. Treatment feels like trial and error. I do not get a sense that he realizes how emotional and financially hard it the process is.
Research and formulate questions before visits and after visits and insist on answers. You pay a lot for treatment and should be able to feel like you’re needs are being met.
The office is very busy and it feels like going to a dentist. Painful quick and goodbye. You get labs, an ultrasound and a few seconds after with the doctor. But really you spend 99% of the time with the coordinator. Dr Kolb is very pleasant and so are the nurses. But he just does not have time to elaborate on his plans and answer questions. It felt very personal to us and it did not come off that way to the team. There is no real discussion on plan of action, why things did not work out and what we can do next time to decrease chances of failure.
First cycle was done using standard protocol which is menopur, gonal F and citrotide then lastly trigger shot HCG. Second protocol was Lupron, follistim, menopur and hcg trigger. We did not get any explanation really on why he decided this would work best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Clinic has its own parking lot and is very private. The staff are nice, phlebotomist are great. Labs and ultrasound are quick. Decorations can be update. The room men used to produce sample needs to be updated, video needs to be updated and sometimes headphones do not work. Financial people lack detail. You pay out of pocket and it’s a set price but if you go through insurance they bill much more for the procedure. Getting answers and refund is a nightmare.
The whole process cost us 35K so far and no success
Pasadena

He [Dr. Kolb] was never available to answer any questions, and he failed to be available to meet our surrogate before IUI...never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There wer
Our experience at this clinic [HRC Fertility] was nothing short of a nightmare. Dr. Kolb never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There were many oversights in this office and a complete lack of patient care and communication. I truly worry about the procedures and protocols in this office.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Our experience at this clinic was nothing short of a nightmare. Dr. Kolb never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There were many oversights in this office and a complete lack of patient care and communication. I truly worry about the procedures and protocols in this office.
Read all of the reviews. Really consider if you want to see this doctor. Look at alternatives.
Dr. Kolb is not respectful of his patients and does not treat them with kindness or compassion. He was never available to answer any questions, and he failed to be available to meet our surrogate before IUI. His staff said he was not available as he was at “lunch with his wife”, when in fact, I witnessed a drug rep taking him out of the office for a meeting.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic has no strengths. The weaknesses are very prevalent. They are not good with communication, billing, or the actual procedures. To any new patient, I would say really research clinics and read as many reviews as possible. If you get a weird feeling meeting with a doctor, trust your gut.
2014 - 2015, Successful
My husband and I were less than thrilled by the fact that our interactions with him [Dr. Kolb] were limited to the initial consultation and the phone call to select the embryos that were implanted.
...Make friends with [the HRC Pasadena] nurses! Very nice, but not all there...
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He achieved a successful twin pregnancy the first time around, so based strictly on results, he can't be faulted. Nevertheless, my husband and I were less than thrilled by the fact that our interactions with him were limited to the initial consultation and the phone call to select the embryos that were implanted. He delegated all of the interactions to the nurse, which often felt a bit frustrating.
Don't expect to talk to him very often and make friends with his nurses!
All in all, the interaction felt rather transactional. He was lovely the few times we did speak, but the fact we went mostly through his nurse made that feel more like a customer than a patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvonne Hinkle)
Very nice, but not all there...
Bradford Kolb

As an older patient he [Dr. Bradford Kolb] tried I guess but truth be told his attention was not there. It was like he had somewhere else to be. He is an lovely man but I didn’t feel like he had time for me. My partner was not happy, he would be more scathing. On a positive, the doctor was very surprised I even had eggs at my age...He seems to not have time and will scurry off. Odd behavior...I did mini IVF treatment which seemed to give us good results given I was told I had no hope. I produced 5 follicles with 2 eggs. Only 1 egg fertilized but I had a negative result.
[HRC was a] Nice clinic with great facilities. Extremely busy reception at times but I would always be seen on time. I was never delayed. Everyone is quite pleasant. I didn’t feel like a number to be honest. But because things have not worked out for me I won’t be going back...[nurses gave] Great attention. Over compensated for the doctor’s lack of compassion truth be told...I did mini IVF treatment which seemed to give us good results given I was told I had no hope. I produced 5 fol
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
As an older patient he tried I guess but truth be told his attention was not there. It was like he had somewhere else to be. He is an lovely man but I didn’t feel like he had time for me. My partner was not happy, he would be more scathing. On a positive, the doctor was very surprised I even had eggs at my age.
He seems to not have time and will scurry off. Odd behavior.
He spent very little time with us. I was fine but my partner was not. It agitated him. The doctor did what he had to and would quickly move on leaving his coordinator to discuss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mayra Camacho)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I paid 13,000 including medicines.
My doctor would have transferred both but unfortunately one did not take.