7.2

USC

Bradford Kolb works at

55 S. Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us...such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him...male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant...For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day. Nurse
This clinic [HRC Fertility - Pasadena] is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing...There are a lot of moving pieces, for me I found it most helpful to document communication with his team of nurses via email so I had a paper trail and could reference the notes.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
From our first appointment, Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us. Our situation had lots of complicating scenarios and Dr. Kolb never let that stop him or us from moving forward with the treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He is such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him. He has a gentle touch and talks you through every part of the evaluation and treatment. He also made sure we understood everything he said, he would provide diagrams and pictures to further explain things.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Luckily I was pretty healthy and didn't have too many complications, my partner, however, has male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant so the entire process we were unsure if we would use his sperm or have to get donor sperm. For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor P)
I primarily had one nurse on my case the entire time - but worked with his entire team while she was out. I loved them all!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Sperm Analysis $200 TESA - $1900 Embryo Freezing - $750 / Annually Genetic Testing - $5k
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My doctor prefers to only do single embryo transfers, especially for women who have yet to attempt a transfer.
Pasadena

Since, I was diagnosed with PCOS, Dr. Kolb put me on Menopur and Gonal-F for egg stimulation and Cetrotide as well. Also, Leuprolide for trigger ... He shows compassion with the way he treats me as a patient and also the way he treats my husband. He makes an effort to get to know us and always clarifies everything to make sure we understand the process.
The clinic [HRC] is very clean and has a very comforting ambiance. A couple of weaknesses I can think of is there parking. A bit small, but it's free so really nothing too negative to say about that. Another thing is their blood laboratory. There was blood splatter on the chair that wasn't cleaned and also against the walls right where they dispense the used bloody needles. I wish they would clean that area more.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
The moment we met him during our consultation, we were already very at ease with him. He's very well-mannered and sympathizes with his patients. He shows compassion with the way he treats me as a patient and also the way he treats my husband. He makes an effort to get to know us and always clarifies everything to make sure we understand the process. He makes us part of the team and provides more than enough information so we make the right decision.
Be open and ask questions. Always be positive and take the advice, but if you're not comfortable let him know. Avoid miscommunication or misunderstanding by asking questions. Whatever bothers you address it because it helps more than it will hurt.
Dr. Kolb is very well-mannered and we were so at ease or comfortable with him the moment we met him. He's very confident and and answers all the questions we asked. We were always greeted positively and he makes an effort to get to know us.
Since, I was diagnosed with PCOS, Dr. Kolb put me on Menopur and Gonal-F for egg stimulation and Cetrotide as well. Also, Leuprolide for trigger. I was in medication for about 12 days and we did egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina Perez)
I was initially assigned a different nurse at our first cycle and during the stimulation process. When it was time for transfer I was assigned Cristina. Cristina was really great. She's very organized and responds to emails right away. Cristina and Jennifer are a great team. The first team of nurses I was assigned to were not as organized and involved with us. There was a bit of disconnect and miscommunication. I'm glad to have been transferred to Cristina and Jennifer. They are absolutely wonderful!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and has a very comforting ambiance. A couple of weaknesses I can think of is there parking. A bit small, but it's free so really nothing too negative to say about that. Another thing is their blood laboratory. There was blood splatter on the chair that wasn't cleaned and also against the walls right where they dispense the used bloody needles. I wish they would clean that area more.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
It was a very efficient process. When you check-in, you wait for reasonable time and gets called for blood work and then head to a exam room. The restrooms are conveniently located near the exam rooms and the actual ultrasound happens within 15 minutes. After than, we head to a conference room to go over results and next steps with the nurse and Dr. Kolb. Always so efficient.
Almost $17,000 the first round and the second cycle cost us $14,540.
We decided on switching fertility doctors and ultimately commit with Dr. Kolb because he was willing to put two embryos, if possible, to give us higher chance of at least one of the embryos to implant.
Pasadena

Dr. Kolb is very professional & caring. We really didn't feel as if he was trying the bare minimum in trying to help me conceive. He did what we wanted, (within reason, we wanted to try pills 1st & he explained why we would go the more aggresive route since I have PCOS). He's a wonderful, intelligent, well mannered physician.... We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together.
Sometimes the waiting area [HRC - Pasadena] was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.... Flor is just the sweetest. Im sure I bugged her a few time with emailing so much, but she responded fast & answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Go with an open mind & have questions. Dont be disappointed if the route you want to try 1st is not the same route he wants to try. He will give you his honest opinion.
Dr. Kolb was the nicest ever. My husband & I felt very comfortable with him and he answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed, even though there were always many patients in the waiting room.
We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together. We checked on ultrasound if my lining was good & we did IUI on Nov 5, 2017. We did progesterone inserts daily as well. Unfortunately, a pregnancy did not happen. He says next time we will be more aggresive with medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor Parada)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the waiting area was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.
All together, bloodwork, ultrasounds & IUI, (not incl. Meds as rhey were purchased from an outside company) we paid approx. $2300-$2500. (Meds were an additional $1600 from an outside pharm)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I turned in results of blood work they requested from my pcp, and the receptionist wrote who the give it to (Flor Parada) and she never received it. I wasnt mad, just a little irritated that i had to go to my pcp & request another copy & take it back to Pasadena.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Kolb has a wonderful bedside manner. He greets you with a hug and genuinely cares about his patients. He returns phone calls personally and always makes sure you understand what is going on.... From our first visit up to our last discharge visit he always greeted us with a smile and a handshake. He is professional with a great bedside manner. He is constantly keeping up to date with medical studies and conferences.
Everything is self contained at this clinic [HRC - Pasadena] making it a one stop. You will see your doctor, coordinator, lab, financial and surgical team all at the same office! With everything in the same location appointments are less stressful. The clinic is large and in high demand. However even with a large patient doctor ratio you are never rushed.... Dr. Kolb has a wonderful bedside manner. He greets you with a hug and genuinely cares about his patients.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb is a phenomenal doctor. From our first visit up to our last discharge visit he always greeted us with a smile and a handshake. He is professional with a great bedside manner. He is constantly keeping up to date with medical studies and conferences. At such a large clinic I was afraid I would be just another number, I was wrong. Every staff member I came into contact with was pleasant and seemed to genuinely care about me and the treatment I was receiving.
Don't wait, go see him now!
Dr. Kolb started off treatment with multiple diagnostic tests. Labs, ultrasound and a hysteroscopy. Medication was started low and Dr. Kolb followed my results very closely. If adjustments needed to be made it was under his direction.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
Monica was assigned as our coordinator and main person of contact. She handled everything from medication ordering and appointment scheduling. She was wonderful at checking in regularly and always returned calls and emails promptly. When I needed extra medication Monica was there to send me samples to get me through treatment. And for extra peace of mind she gave me her personal phone number for after hour contact. Unfortunately she no longer works there. Her successor, Flor is also fantastic and I believe will live up to the standard Monica held as Dr. Kolb's assistant.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everything is self contained at this clinic making it a one stop. You will see your doctor, coordinator, lab, financial and surgical team all at the same office! With everything in the same location appointments are less stressful. The clinic is large and in high demand. However even with a large patient doctor ratio you are never rushed.
Dr. Kolb advised us of our option to transfer multiples. At my age the maximum amount that he would transfer was 2. He did warn us of the possibility of having twins.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr Kolb is the kind of Doctor that is realistic as well as compassionate towards women with fertility issues. He takes his time to analyze your situation in order to give his expert advise. Even though it may be difficult to absorb the information based on your situation, he is gentle and sensitive. We trust him as our RE.... Dr Kolb prescribed Cetrotide and Gonal injection stimulation medication for me as well as the triger shot. The Gonal injection was fine except the Cetrotide and triger shot gave me a little welt in the injection site and felt a bit of an itch. Originally, Dr Kolb thought, based on my situation, that we would only be able to retrieve 1-3 eggs after my cycle. Surprisingly, after my 1st cycle and egg retrieval, Dr Kolb retrieved 9 eggs!! I guess the stimulation meds really helped in my situation.
This office [HRC pasadena] is extremely busy. In the waiting room, there are about 20-25 people waiting to see their doctor. We have always had to wait at least 30 minutes after our actual appointment to see our doctor.... Dr. Kolbs nursing staff is awesome. They are very responsive and knowledable. With all the expenses we made for this treatment, it was defjnitely worth it. We are cery happy with out coordinator, Flor Perada.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr Kolb is the kind of Doctor that is realistic as well as comassionate towards women with fertility issues. He takes his time to analyze your situation in order to give his expert advise. Even though it may be diffucult to absorb the information based on your situation, he is gentle and sensitive. We trust him as our RE.
My husband and I were happy with Dr. Kolb from our original consultation. He was very direct with us which was want we wanted to hear given my situation. He was realistic and offered good advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Care coordinator)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This office is extremely busy. In the waiting room, there are about 20-25 people waiting to see their doctor. We have always had to wait at least 30 minutes after our actual appointment to see our doctor.
Single cycle $8900 Anesthesia $550 PGS $4950 ICSI $1500 AHA $550 Embryo freezing $700 Meds $3500

2004 - 2016, Successful
My experience as a patient was a positive one. I felt very comfortable Dr. Kolb from the start, he listened, then recommended certain medical treatments to under go prior to cycling so we could have the best outcome. Which worked, I conceived on our first attempt with Dr. Kolb...For my first IVF cycle with Dr. Kolb, we did Traditional IVF age factor, Day 3 transfer - 1 successful singleton pregnancy and healthy delivery, my son. FET - unsuccessful 2nd IVF Minimal IVF (per my request, age factor) financial cost, less medication - Day 5 transfer - unsuccessful
[HRC - Westlake's] Strengths would be, affordable treatment, In house egg donor program. Weakness would be, depending on the time of year they may be understaffed...My experience as a patient was a positive one. I felt very comfortable Dr. Kolb from the start, he listened, then recommended certain medical treatments to under go prior to cycling so we could have the best outcome. Which worked, I conceived on our first attempt with Dr. Kolb.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Be open with what you feel will work for you, you know your body best, he'll listen and make every attempt possible to meet your needs as a patient.
During our first meeting with Dr. Kolb he was exactly what we were looking for in a Dr. friendly and personable, a Dr. who was eager to help us in achieving our goal to have a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
I had 2 Fresh cycles and 1 FET at HRC. The first was many years ago my nurses no longer work there. The main care coordinator as well as the other nurses made me feel comfortable, they always greeted us with smiles and you could tell they loved the work they did. This last cycle my nurse coordinator was over loaded with patients do to being short staffed during that time. Understandably frustrating for her and us, yet, after expressing our concern we all tried to make the best out of a stressful situation.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
1. Cycle fee Payment. 2. Separate Payment to Pharmacy for protocol medications. 3. Purchased and reimbursed HRC for medication provided to complete cycle prior to retrieval. 4. Payment to on site Surgical Center for Anesthesia for egg retrieval.
No, he didn't have a set number nor force his recommendation, it was a decision we (the patients) and Dr. agreed on. My embryo transfers were based on how many we had and no amount would be transferred that could potentially put my health at risk.
Miscommunication between nurses.
Westlake Village

2012 - 2013, Successful
Everything was great [at HRC] except the billing! Really wish I could remember the specific woman in billing who was HORRIBLE: confused and confusing, defensive when she made mistakes (which she did). I feel we were not given a clear picture of the TOTAL cost at the beginning (I have heard this of most clinics-no matter how much you ask for total, ball-park, most money you'll have to spend, it's always more than they told you). It was the only thing that soured our experience at HRC. I think she may not be there anymore, so hopefully that's better...
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
So glad we went with dr kolb. We feel he is the number one reason we have our beautiful daughter! There was a minor setback w/the donor-dr kolb felt the first round of eggs weren't quite up to his standards, so even though we all felt impatient and eager to move forward, he made the donor start over. It set us all back a month or two, but it made the eggs the best quality, and we genuinely believe this is why our treatment was successful and we have our now 3 year-old perfect daughter! I am not convinced another fertility center would have been as discriminating or patient as dr kolb was.
Listen to him! He knows what he's doing. I did not have great experiences with other clinics that I consulted with before settling on dr kolb at hrc. I'm SO thankful that I trusted myself and kept looking until I felt truly comfortable with the clinic and doctor. This process was stressful and emotional enough; I needed something to feel right.
Dr kolb explained things very clearly, patiently, and kindly. Consulted with another dr at CARE before going to HRC, and they were kind but not as clear/I felt confused. Not w/dr kolb.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everything was great except the billing! Really wish I could remember the specific woman in billing who was HORRIBLE: confused and confusing, defensive when she made mistakes (which she did). I feel we were not given a clear picture of the TOTAL cost at the beginning (I have heard this of most clinics-no matter how much you ask for total, ball-park, most money you'll have to spend, it's always more than they told you). It was the only thing that soured our experience at HRC. I think she may not be there anymore, so hopefully that's better...
Probably ended up around $40-$50,000 when all was said and done (I'm including all Meds, the egg donor, etc, which may not all be directly related to the clinic; I'm not sure of specifics w/only the clinic
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Just billing stuff. Also, to be clear, we were at HRC Pasadena, which I didn't find on this list...
West Los Angeles

The doctor gave me a good vive since I met him. I feel comfortable doing my treatment with him . I met him at his seminar and then when I had my first consultation he was pretty good explaining the procedure that he would do in my case. ... I had 3 ectopic pregnancies and when I saw another doctor before dr Kolb they told me to to IUI which in my case didn’t work. De Kolb told me since the bugging that the only way to try to get pregnant would me to do ivf.
Even though HRC is a big clinic. Everyone there is so nice ... The clinics strengths is that they are always busy this means that they have a lot of patients which is a good sign I would think. The only complaint would be the parking. If you go during the busy hours you might not find parking ... The nurse is very professional. She seems that she loves her job. She always answers my emails or any questions or concerns that we have.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
To write all your questions before you go to the appointment
Even though HRC is a big clinic. Everyone there is so nice
His extrategy on my case was to be honest with me . I had 3 ectopic pregnancies and when I saw another doctor before dr Kolb they told me to to IUI which in my case didn’t work. De Kolb told me since the bugging that the only way to try to get pregnant would me to do ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie )

2015, Successful
Dr. Kolb's bedside manner is one of disarming confidence. He's so confident that it could easily be misinterpreted as arrogance, but he's extremely caring and patient with questions. It is obvious he has seen it all. When our family was extremely vulnerable, Dr Kolb respected our concerns and fears.... Our cycle was very straight forward though it presented more complicated due to our age.... Patients should not expect to get the warm and fuzzies the entire time, but rather have a doctor who knows his craft and will lead you in the right direction.
They [HRC Fertility Pasadena] come highly recommended for a good reason. They are professionals and have a high success rate. Recommended by city of hope for cancer survivors. They came through for us and we are very thankful for their care.... She [nurse] was good, a bit distracted at times but compassionate.... Based upon age, plus medications. We were fortunate to receive a grant from Baby Quest to cover the costs of medication and a portion of our cycle.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb's bedside manner is one of disarming confidence. He's so confident that it could easily be misinterpreted as arrogance, but he's extremely caring and patient with questions. It is obvious he has seen it all. When our family was extremely vulnerable, Dr Kolb respected our concerns and fears. Patients should not expect to get the warm and fuzzies the entire time, but rather have a doctor who knows his craft and will lead you in the right direction.
Trust the process. Relax. You'll be better off for it.
She was good, a bit distracted at times but compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They come highly recommended for a good reason. They are professionals and have a high success rate. Recommended by city of hope for cancer survivors. They came through for us and we are very thankful for their care.
N/A as we only had one embryo.

2008 - 2011, Successful
Dr Kolb was warm and attentive in person and on the phone. He spoke so that we could understand all aspects of what we were doing medically, and helped us make choices when appropriate. He never appeared rushed or like he was pushing us out to get to his next appointment, and he was a pleasure to deal with...Communication was clear, and the one time we had a miscommunication with office staff, Dr Kolb called me himself yo acknowledge it and apologize.
We had some difficulty with communication from the coordinator, and when Dr Kolb realized it, he called me and addressed it...The practice is large, which can be off putting to some, but it did not affect our experience. They are LGBT affirming, and we had no issues being 2 men pursuing parenthood...Dr Kolb was warm and attentive in person and on the phone. He spoke so that we could understand all aspects of what we were doing medically, and helped us make choices when appropriate. He never appeared rushed or like he was pushing us out to get to his next appointment, and he was a pleasure to deal with.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Ask your questions and ask got further clarification on things that are not clear or concern you. He's got a good bedside manner, and made us feel comfortable, which was important for us particularly because we had already had a difficult experience at another clinic.
I don't recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
I don't recall.
Pasadena

Dr Kolb take his time to answer all my questions and give honest opinion of how he predict my ivf outcome....He personally called me to explain my question and concern....For my retrieval cycle, I started with birth control pills enskyee first, then gonal F 900 with Menopur, then added centrotide... they [HRC] provide exceptional care and service to you. Wait time in the lobby was never more than 10 mins and their staffs are all highly trained.
Hrc Pasadena is a little bit more princey compare with other ivf clinic in Los Angeles area. But they provide exceptional care and service to you. Wait time in the lobby was never more than 10 mins and their staffs are all highly trained....I never have trouble scheduling my monitoring appt, I alway get my 7:30 am so I don't have to take too much time from work....They are good in communicating via email. Most of the time I got a reply within 24 hrs.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr Kolb take his time to answer all my questions and give honest opinion of how he predict my ivf outcome. I have to have two egg retrieval to come up with 9 embryo for Pgs and pgd testing, only 1 came back normally.
He personally called me to explain my question and concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Pena)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I spent about $50000 for two round of ivf.