Carolinas Medical Center

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Texas Houston
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
1025 Morehead Medical Drive
Charlotte, NC 28204
704-355-3149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bradley Hurst to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolinas Medical Center to a friend?
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr hurst speaks to you in a direct manner. He is extremely knowledgeable and never rushes you, he even asks if he answered everything for for. He will go into what if sceniros with you and have back up plans in place so you don’t loose the monthly cycle.... dr hurst gave us hope after we were told we would never get pregnant. Before starting ivf automatically, He recommended 3 iui procedures with clomid and ovidrel trigger shot. The first iui worked but sadly it ended in an ectopic pregnancy at 8 weeks. Dr hurst did his part perfectly, my body didnt allow the embryo to implant in the right place.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Don’t wait to see him. It takes a while to get an app as a new patient but once you are in he makes time for his patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Dr hurst and his nurse paisley Townsend are caring people who talk to me in a professional way but always show compassion and extra care.
Describe the protocols Bradley Hurst used in your cycles at Carolinas Medical Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Paisley Townsend )
Paisley has become like a friend to me. She always remembers to call me with updates and stays positive but realistic. This nurse is amazing and she has been there for me even through the hardest times. I feel like we are a team and I am her only patient. She’s wonderful!
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
Blood work is efficient and appoints can be made last minute they will get you in. One Monday morning I had started a cycle over the weekend and I showed up with no appointment- they saw me anyways! Cmc Womens was amazing when I had to have a d&c. As bad as the situation was I felt like I was in a hotel and treated like a princess.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center.
My insurance covers some- I pay roughly $500 each iui including semen wash
Describe Bradley Hurst's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolinas Medical Center.
Dr hurst does single embryo transfer but you can freeze the rest so you don’t have to go through retreval again. His cost to implant another embryo later is around $4,000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Hurst sat down with my husband and I before we started treatments. He laid everything out for us and what his expectations were. Before starting treatments he did an evaluation and found that I needed scar tissue removal surgery from my previous losses. Find this was very helpful and I'm thankful for it, instead of going ahead and starting treatments without making sure that everything was in the best shape possible for treatment. Dr. Hurst listens to my concerns and makes sure I am comfortable with the process he has in mind for our fertility process...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Dr. Hurst is very clinical when it comes to explaining the treatments he has laid out for you. He explains the process in a very scientific way, lays out statistics and shows evidence to back up his plan. He listens to all of your questions and comes up with a plan that works for you.
Dr. Hurst is not a touchy-feely type of doctor. He is a great doctor but can be dry when explaining treatment types and what is involved. He is a great doctor and doesn't suggest or move forward with something until you are ready.
I started with Dr. Hurst in July of 2015. I had just had my second loss. He did blood work and evaluations, then determined I needed scar tissues removal surgery. I had surgery in October 2015. He also confirmed I have PCOS and MTHFR, so decided we would do three cycles of medication with trigger shot. In March 2016 we started treatments. The first cycle started with an ultrasound to make sure everything was ready and blood work. On days 3-7 I would take letrozyle. I went back on day 12 and 14 for ultrasounds to see when my lining was thick enough and I had a follicle that was ready for ovulation. I would give myself a trigger shot after ovulation was predicted and then have timed intercorse after 36hrs. We did this for 3 cycles and my last cycle ended in June 2016. None of these cycles resulted in a pregnancy or loss. His next suggestion is to do IUI, which we will start in Jan/Feb 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Paisley )
Whenever I called Paisley was always the one to call me back. That brought me great satisfaction because it showed that I wasn't dealing with the entire team, just her and Dr. Hurst. She called me back quickly, listened to my questions and always got answers for me.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
I do not like that the lab isn't in the clinic. Since it's in the hospital you have to go down a couple floors to the lab. Sometimes there is also a pretty long wait in the lab for them to see you. I also find it frustrating that you cannot find out your lab results for several days through their website. The nurse will call you with results, but if you want exact numbers you have to ask while your on the phone or wait up to a week to see the results in their patient portal. I think the clinic is very organized and has great customer service. You do not have to wait long in the waiting room to be seen. They have many rooms for ultrasounds and regular exam rooms. This helps you get in and get out. I like that they have the option to come in very early in the morning. This helps with people who have to go to work right after. In their patient portal they do post the notes from your appointments with the doctor, which is very helpful if you have questions or cannot remember something.
The cost so far hasn't been as much as was initially told to us. For each round medication, ultrasounds, and lab work was about $200-300.
What specific things went wrong at Carolinas Medical Center?