Nurse available by email
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
1025 Morehead Medical Drive
Charlotte, NC 28204
704-355-3149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bradley Hurst to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

6.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolinas Medical Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
At my age, Dr. Hurst would only transfer 1 embryo, no matter what our preference would have been...always spends more time that I even would expect when meeting with us in consultations or during treatments. We are never rushed. He even called me personally after our loss and after our failed cycles...He always provides all options and is able to give us the current research on each. I definitely appreciate knowing his opinions, but he also does not strongly push us into anything. After our miscarriage, he showed great compassion. While I was being prepped for my D&C, he went to talk to my husband and told him he would get us a baby. After our second retrieval failed to produce any embryos, he personally called me to update me. He did a full review of the lab procedures to make sure nothing was missed. Dr. Hurst has a dry sense of humor, but I like that. He can also be somewhat blunt, but I appreciate his ability to be direct. I don't want things sugar-coated.
Ultrasounds and bloodwork appointments are always going to be early in the morning, 6:30 to 8am [at Carolinas Medicine Center]...To schedule appointments to start your cycles or to ask questions, you have to leave a message and wait to be called back. This is a little difficult if you can't answer the phone when they call back. However, you can also email the nurse which can be easier for questions or just general information. Wait times are generally good. Ultrasounds and bloodwork appointments are always going to be early in the morning, 6:30 to 8am.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Our fertility journey has not yet been successful, but I wouldn't want another doctor other than Dr. Hurst. He always provides all options and is able to give us the current research on each. I definitely appreciate knowing his opinions, but he also does not strongly push us into anything. After our miscarriage, he showed great compassion. While I was being prepped for my D&C, he went to talk to my husband and told him he would get us a baby. After our second retrieval failed to produce any embryos, he personally called me to update me. He did a full review of the lab procedures to make sure nothing was missed. Dr. Hurst has a dry sense of humor, but I like that. He can also be somewhat blunt, but I appreciate his ability to be direct. I don't want things sugar-coated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
You may have to wait for your appointment, but it is worth it. I don't mind waiting because I know that he is spending extra time with everyone, just as he does for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Dr. Hurst always spends more time that I even would expect when meeting with us in consultations or during treatments. We are never rushed. He even called me personally after our loss and after our failed cycles.
Describe the protocols Bradley Hurst used in your cycles at Carolinas Medical Center and their degree of success.
Our first two retrievals used microdose lupron. I started with birth control for 3 weeks, then did 40mcg of Lupron twice a day. On the third day, I started GonalF 300 units. On the 6th day, the Gonal F was reduced to 250units based on bloodwork, and Menopur 150mg was started. Ovidrel 500mcg was used to trigger on the 13th day and retrieval was on the 15th day. 9 eggs were retrieved and 7 fertilized with ICSI. 4 growing on day 3. We ended up with 3 blastocytes, one that we fresh transferred. The other 2 were frozen. The first was negative, the second ended in miscarriage (genetic testing showed normal chromosomes), the third was negative. Our second retrieval had a similar protocol, 7 eggs were retrieved, 5 fertilized, 4 growing at day 3, but then all arrested. Our next protocol will no have birth control, start with estrogen instead. We started with the microdose lupron because Dr. Hurst was worried that I would be a poor responder. My AMH is 1.1 but my FSH is 13.7. Hoping for better results with the next protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center.
The nurses are well organized and good at communication. I have never had problems scheduling and they work very hard to make appointments around my schedule. The nurses are always available to answer questions if I have any.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center.
These are with insurance discounts. Ultrasound was around $250. IUI was around $1500. Our IVF retrieval cost around $6500. The medications for our retrieval were $3000.
Describe Bradley Hurst's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolinas Medical Center.
At my age, Dr. Hurst would only transfer 1 embryo, no matter what our preference would have been. We did not have a choice, but I had already read on the subject and didn't want to do more than 1
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center.

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Hurst made me and my husband feel comfortable. when our original doctor retired Dr. Hurst stepped up to the plate and took on our case. He was very optimistic that he could help us along on our journey to parent hood. he is always positive and looked for the good in everything even though we have been diagnosed unexplained infertility. he believes in us and we believe in him. we also like the fact that he is a bit nerdy and goofy. he is always trying to make us smile when we sit down to meet with him.
CMC woman's institute is awesome! they are great with scheduling and getting you in to your appointment on time. the only thing i would suggest is allow for at least 15-20 mins prior to your appointment time. Ive never had this problem but they have turned patients away if they were more than 15 mins late.... oh my gosh we love Jennie! she is bubbly and happy. we just adore her. she makes everything make sense. she is very helpful and compassionate. Always gets right back to us if we have a question or concern.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
get ready for some weirdness - he has a goofy sense of humor.
Dr. Hurst was very kind to us. He is a goofy guy but was straight forward with us. And he wants the best for us. He believes that he can help my husband and i to become parents.
Dr. Hurst started with my husband and i at the end of our last IVF treatment. our treatment resulted in a pregnancy but i miscarried 3 weeks later. he was there for me after i miscarried naturally. He preformed an ultrasound to make sure i had passed everything and then he took the time to speak with us and let us know what treatments were available to us if we decided to continue. he was very comforting and gave great emotional support to both my husband and i.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
i have not had any costs under Dr. Hurst because we just started with him a few months ago. but prior too we have spent at least 20,000 on IUI's, 2 rounds of IVF and medications. my insurance provider does not cover any fertility costs.
+ Read more- Read less

After our first meeting Dr. Hurst looked at me and said “I’m not very patient”. And he proved that to be true. He was and is active and helping us become pregnant. ...He understood my history of a stillbirth and was an encourager for seeing us being home a baby.......He is personable and I felt so cared for. I felt like he was on my team but he was also very truthful with me. He is so intelligent and knowledgeable and you can tell he really has a passion for it.
I think the biggest weakness would be the time it took to get an appointment. I was lucky because they fit me in very quickly because of my history...but the original wait was going to be 4 months to get my initial appointment....The entire staff at the Women’s Institute in the RE Department really took care of me. They were personable, professional and had a lot of compassion.
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
He is personable and I felt so cared for. I felt like he was on my team but he was also very truthful with me. He is so intelligent and knowledgeable and you can tell he really has a passion for it. He understood my history of a stillbirth and was an encourager for seeing us being home a baby.
Listen to him and trust the process.
I cry just thinking about Dr. Hurst. He was gentle and compassionate and he a lot of time looking over my history (I suffered a stillbirth at 34 weeks pregnant on Christmas Day last year) and I could tell he was invested in my success.
After our first meeting Dr. Hurst looked at me and said “I’m not very patient”. And he proved that to be true. He was and is active and helping us become pregnant. In this journey so often women feel constant pressure (from themselves and their dreams) and having a doctor that is telling you THEY are also in a rush to see you pregnant is amazing. I don’t remember the dosage of Clomid but I believe it was 50mg and I took it once a day from cycle day 3-7 and then ovidrel the day before the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Paisley)
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
I think the biggest weakness would be the time it took to get an appointment. I was lucky because they fit me in very quickly because of my history (of losing my first child to a stillbirth at 34 weeks then having secondary infertility) but the original wait was going to be 4 months to get my initial appointment.
Expensive. Our insurance did not coverage our IUI or any fertility related treatment and it’s costed us over $1,000 just for the initial treatments. If I were to do IVF it would take over $10,000.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr hurst speaks to you in a direct manner. He is extremely knowledgeable and never rushes you, he even asks if he answered everything for for. He will go into what if sceniros with you and have back up plans in place so you don’t loose the monthly cycle.... dr hurst gave us hope after we were told we would never get pregnant. Before starting ivf automatically, He recommended 3 iui procedures with clomid and ovidrel trigger shot. The first iui worked but sadly it ended in an ectopic pregnancy at 8 weeks. Dr hurst did his part perfectly, my body didnt allow the embryo to implant in the right place.
Blood work is efficient and appoints can be made last minute they [Carolinas Medical Center] will get you in. One Monday morning I had started a cycle over the weekend and I showed up with no appointment- they saw me anyways! Cmc Womens was amazing when I had to have a d&c. As bad as the situation was I felt like I was in a hotel and treated like a princess.... This nurse is amazing and she has been there for me even through the hardest times. I feel like we are a team and I am her only patient. She’s wonderful!
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Don’t wait to see him. It takes a while to get an app as a new patient but once you are in he makes time for his patients
Dr hurst and his nurse paisley Townsend are caring people who talk to me in a professional way but always show compassion and extra care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Paisley Townsend )
Paisley has become like a friend to me. She always remembers to call me with updates and stays positive but realistic. This nurse is amazing and she has been there for me even through the hardest times. I feel like we are a team and I am her only patient. She’s wonderful!
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
Blood work is efficient and appoints can be made last minute they will get you in. One Monday morning I had started a cycle over the weekend and I showed up with no appointment- they saw me anyways! Cmc Womens was amazing when I had to have a d&c. As bad as the situation was I felt like I was in a hotel and treated like a princess.
My insurance covers some- I pay roughly $500 each iui including semen wash
Dr hurst does single embryo transfer but you can freeze the rest so you don’t have to go through retreval again. His cost to implant another embryo later is around $4,000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Hurst sat down with my husband and I before we started treatments. He laid everything out for us and what his expectations were. Before starting treatments he did an evaluation and found that I needed scar tissue removal surgery from my previous losses. Find this was very helpful and I'm thankful for it, instead of going ahead and starting treatments without making sure that everything was in the best shape possible for treatment. Dr. Hurst listens to my concerns and makes sure I am comfortable with the process he has in mind for our fertility process...
I think the [Carolinas Medical Center - Charlotte] clinic is very organized and has great customer service. You do not have to wait long in the waiting room to be seen. They have many rooms for ultrasounds and regular exam rooms. This helps you get in and get out. I like that they have the option to come in very early in the morning. This helps with people who have to go to work right after. In their patient portal they do post the notes from your appointments with the doctor, which is very helpful if you have questions or cannot remember something...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Dr. Hurst is very clinical when it comes to explaining the treatments he has laid out for you. He explains the process in a very scientific way, lays out statistics and shows evidence to back up his plan. He listens to all of your questions and comes up with a plan that works for you.
Dr. Hurst is not a touchy-feely type of doctor. He is a great doctor but can be dry when explaining treatment types and what is involved. He is a great doctor and doesn't suggest or move forward with something until you are ready.
I started with Dr. Hurst in July of 2015. I had just had my second loss. He did blood work and evaluations, then determined I needed scar tissues removal surgery. I had surgery in October 2015. He also confirmed I have PCOS and MTHFR, so decided we would do three cycles of medication with trigger shot. In March 2016 we started treatments. The first cycle started with an ultrasound to make sure everything was ready and blood work. On days 3-7 I would take letrozyle. I went back on day 12 and 14 for ultrasounds to see when my lining was thick enough and I had a follicle that was ready for ovulation. I would give myself a trigger shot after ovulation was predicted and then have timed intercorse after 36hrs. We did this for 3 cycles and my last cycle ended in June 2016. None of these cycles resulted in a pregnancy or loss. His next suggestion is to do IUI, which we will start in Jan/Feb 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Paisley )
Whenever I called Paisley was always the one to call me back. That brought me great satisfaction because it showed that I wasn't dealing with the entire team, just her and Dr. Hurst. She called me back quickly, listened to my questions and always got answers for me.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
I do not like that the lab isn't in the clinic. Since it's in the hospital you have to go down a couple floors to the lab. Sometimes there is also a pretty long wait in the lab for them to see you. I also find it frustrating that you cannot find out your lab results for several days through their website. The nurse will call you with results, but if you want exact numbers you have to ask while your on the phone or wait up to a week to see the results in their patient portal. I think the clinic is very organized and has great customer service. You do not have to wait long in the waiting room to be seen. They have many rooms for ultrasounds and regular exam rooms. This helps you get in and get out. I like that they have the option to come in very early in the morning. This helps with people who have to go to work right after. In their patient portal they do post the notes from your appointments with the doctor, which is very helpful if you have questions or cannot remember something.
The cost so far hasn't been as much as was initially told to us. For each round medication, ultrasounds, and lab work was about $200-300.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Hurst] knows what he is doing and he will work hard to get the results you want...We completed 3 rounds of IUI before deciding to move on to IVF protocols. I took Clomid with each round and used a trigger shot... is kind and compassionate. He is often rooting for us and frequently meeting and ensuring we have all the information we need...is an excellent example of what a fertility doctor should be. He is calm, composed, positive, and caring. He listens carefully and answers every question and concern. Even though we are still not pregnant, we have never felt more understood and cared for. Dr. Hurst is working hard to ensure our happiness and he is great with remembering all the details that we share with him in each visit.
We completed 3 rounds of IUI before deciding to move on to IVF protocols at Carolinas Medical Center]. I took Clomid with each round and used a trigger shot...The team is organized and caring. They are very busy but still try to ensure your comfort and understanding...is an organized clinic. They see many clients and they work hard to meet each need. The office is in a large building and has access to the different components needed (diagnostic lab, pharmacy, etc). The office staff are friendly and seem well-organized.
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
Dr. Hurst is an excellent example of what a fertility doctor should be. He is calm, composed, positive, and caring. He listens carefully and answers every question and concern. Even though we are still not pregnant, we have never felt more understood and cared for. Dr. Hurst is working hard to ensure our happiness and he is great with remembering all the details that we share with him in each visit.
He knows what he is doing and he will work hard to get the results you want.
Dr. Hurst is kind and compassionate. He is often rooting for us and frequently meeting and ensuring we have all the information we need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
CMC Women’s is an organized clinic. They see many clients and they work hard to meet each need. The office is in a large building and has access to the different components needed (diagnostic lab, pharmacy, etc). The office staff are friendly and seem well-organized.
We pay a $50 copay. The IUI rounds cost about $1000 each. Our total cost for IVF is estimated to be $25000.
+ Read more- Read less

At our first visit I was worried he [Dr. Bradley Hurst] wouldn't want to treat me due to my weight. He never made me feel bad about being overweight and he encouraged me in a nice way to continue my journey to becoming healthier during my ttc journey. He showed so much compassion and explained everything in great detail. I left feeling so much better.... He and his entire staff have taken the time to listen to me and my husband and always show compassion for our journey
Everyone from the front desk to ultrasound techs to nurses and doctors have been amazing [at Carolinas Medical Center]. They have nurses on call on the weekend so you dont have to worry about missing your day for procedures. I am so impressed and they really put you at ease. Lots of their staff have been through infertility as well so they understand.... Dont get discouraged if it takes a while for your initial consult because the rest of your visits you wont have that problem.
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
At our first visit I was worried he wouldn't want to treat me due to my weight. He never made me feel bad about being overweight and he encouraged me in a nice way to continue my journey to becoming healthier during my ttc journey. He showed so much compassion and explained everything in great detail. I left feeling so much better.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Medical Center.
Everyone from the front desk to ultrasound techs to nurses and doctors have been amazing. They have nurses on call on the weekend so you dont have to worry about missing your day for procedures. I am so impressed and they really put you at ease. Lots of their staff have been through infertility as well so they understand.
+ Read more- Read less
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Bradley Hurst is] Very personable, remembers my name and case,...honest but gentle...He takes my wishes into account and tells me my options. He helps me continue to have hope. He helps make things happen. He is compassionate and honest. I feel like an individual not just a number...Clomid with IUI...Egg retrieval with moderate intensity medications to yield fewer higher quality eggs
She [nurse at Carolinas Medical Center] does a very good job of communicating and answering all of my questions and concerns. She helps me problems solve and knows me as an individual. She’s honest and caring...Embryo needed to be retested and they took 2 weeks to do so and didn’t tell me...they considered it non urgent....Overall a great clinic. Very rarely is communication an issue but they work very hard to make it not one. They use MCP as their in house pharmacy and they can be challenging to work with in that they sometimes aren’t prepared and cause extra frustration. Overall clinic experience has been good.
How was your experience with Bradley Hurst at Carolinas Medical Center?
He’s a great provider and will fight with you for your goals
Very personable, remembers my name and case, listens to hownid like to move forward, honest but gentle
Clomid with IUI Egg retrieval with moderate intensity medications to yield fewer higher quality eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
She does a very good job of communicating and answering all of my questions and concerns. She helps me problems solve and knows me as an individual. She’s honest and caring.
Prefers eset