Medical SchoolGeorgetown
503.274.4994
2222 NW Lovejoy
Portland, OR 97210
877-567-4994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brandon Bankowski to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ORM Fertility to a friend?
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Appointments felt slightly rushed with a rehearsed script. ... Bankowski wanted to do aggressive stim cycles to obtain as many eggs as possible. ... Even though Bankowski was my RE, he never performed any of my egg retrievals. ... Bankowski made himself available by phone if I asked my nurse coordinator [ORM Fertility] to speak with him and I sincerely appreciate that!
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Bankowski seems to genuinely care about his patients and what he does. However, he doesn't always give as much information as I would have liked and his answers were usually short. Additionally, some of his answers seem cookie cutter instead of individualized. Bankowski made himself available by phone if I asked my nurse coordinator to speak with him and I sincerely appreciate that! But I wish I'd had more face time with him to develop a closer patient/doctor relationship, including having him perform my actual egg retrievals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Ask any questions you have? Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. This clinic only exists because of its patients. Every patient has a right to understand all their options and to feel comfortable with their treatment plans. Also, don't put all your stock into their statistics. Just because their numbers are high does not guarantee you will have success. And understand, you will select your RE and they review your medical records and determine your treatment but rarely do they do your ultrasounds or egg retrievals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Appointments felt slightly rushed with a rehearsed script. The provider performing your ultrasounds during your stimulation and your actual egg retrieval depends on the doctor's work schedule, so you don't necessary get to develop a relationship with your RE. Even though Bankowski was my RE, he never performed any of my egg retrievals. I would have liked more connection with Bankowski and personalized care for the price you pay.
Describe the protocols Brandon Bankowski used in your cycles at ORM Fertility and their degree of success.
Bankowski wanted to do aggressive stim cycles to obtain as many eggs as possible. I believe I was on an antagonist protocol. Birth control for suppression, dexamethasone, and baby aspirin, menopur, follistim, omnitrope and ganirelix. My body was a good responder and this protocol worked well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katie Green)
The nursing staff for the most part is wonderful. Each one is different and I got lucky with Katie Green. She was professional, available and would give me as much time as I needed. She was competent in educating me on injections, medications, etc.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
ORM's facility is gorgeous and very nice. I trust their lab is state of the art, which is incredibly important. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. I wish you could direct dial your nurse coordinators. Going through their phone system and online portal is a time consuming process. Also, if it is after hours, it can be difficult to get a hold of anyone. Their biggest weakness is their own internal department coordination. You can get lost in the system and be bounced back and forth trying to get clear answers. It is easy to make appointments and for the most part, everything you need is attended to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility.
IVF own egg cycles are around $10,000-$15,000. CCS up to 10 embyros runs aroudn $5,000. Medications are from an outside pharmacy and cost $4,000-$10,000. Counsyl genetic screening is roughly $500. Egg donor cycles are entirely more expensive. They are roughly $20,000, plus the donor fee, the CCS, the donors additional screening, donor medications, tests for the recipient, transfer, etc.
Describe Brandon Bankowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility.
No comments. I think Bankowski is very smart in his recommendations for number of embryos to transfer.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I am currently awaiting the start of IVF cycle #2 [with Dr. Brandon Bankowski] which will be a "Lupron Flare" protocol with doses for a patient in their 40's. (I'm early 30's) Hopefully this protocol will work better since I am apparently a poor responder...While I felt like my care was kind of tailored to me individually, it also felt like I was initially put on a "cookie cutter" protocol. While my labs indicated I might be more of a poor responder to medication (low AMH, high FSH, etc), Dr. Bankowski still went forward with a "Good Responder Antagonist" protocol.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Bankowski is exceptionally smart when it comes to reproduction and the way he explains things makes it very easy to understand. While it doesn't always feel like you're "talking to a friend/family member" when you meet with him, you implicitly trust him to direct your medical care, even if he doesn't give you the "warm & fuzzies." He's not the type of doctor who's going to give you a comforting hug if things don't go right or your receive bad news, but he is the type of doctor to do everything in his power to give you a better outcome next time. He is very straight and to-the-point with his communication.
Because he has been with ORM for so long and is often involved in various projects the clinic has going on, you sometimes have to work around his schedule if you are the type of person who only wans to see your one doctor. I would advise prospective patients to ask a lot of question and really push for his opinion.
My first IVF cycle was a "Good Responder Antagonist" protocol. I think this is the initial protocol they use for most patients for their first IVF cycle. My stim doses were on the high end to begin and were increased to max after my first monitoring appointment on stim day 3. This cycle was cancelled on stim day 6 due to poor response. I am currently awaiting the start of IVF cycle #2, which will be a "Lupron Flare" protocol with doses for a patient in their 40's. (I'm early 30's) Hopefully this protocol will work better since I am apparently a poor responder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I've never had a problem being able to contact any of the nursing staff or my coordinator. They were always quick to return my calls, discuss the pros and cons of my treatment, and talk through my options with me.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and located in a great place. They have a state-of-the-art lab and everything is done on site. The only weakness I can think of is the costs, as it's the most expensive clinic in the area.
The cost was high, but worth it to get a state-of-the-art clinic and lab.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Dr. Bankowski has a way of being clear and direct while also calm and caring. My husband and I always felt we had a good understanding of every step. He provided us with multiple forms of education and I think that really helped. When describing things he would also make drawings and notes and we were always sent home with those notes.... Egg retrieval: good responder antagonist protocol. Birthcrontrol for suppression.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Bankowski has a way of being clear and direct while also calm and caring. My husband and I always felt we had a good understanding of every step. He provided us with multiple forms of education and I think that really helped. When describing things he would also make drawings and notes and we were always sent home with those notes. It was a great reference to jog the memory and help us feel empowered.
Listen. He has so much knowledge and great advice.
Everyone at ORM from the front desk, phlebotomy, RNs, and Dr Bankowski made a point to always be present when interacting with me. I never felt rushed.
Egg retrieval: good responder antagonist protocol. Birthcrontrol for suppression. Dexamtheasone, ASA, menopur 1-2, follistim 150-200, ganirelix. Leuprolide trigger. Resulted in 13 eggs retrieved. All mature. Dr Bankowski had hoped for more eggs to be retrieved however met the goal for mature eggs. No Over stim symptoms. Eggs fetilized with icsi. 8 made it to day 5. Biopsy for ccs testing. One mosaic the other 7 are chrom. Normal all top quality embryos. FET: Deleatrogen no Lupron protocol. Birth control for suppression. Delestrogen 0.3-0.25, doxycycline, medrol 1 tab, PIO 1-2 ml, after positive pregnancy test slow transition to endometrin and taper off both that and PIO around 12 weeks gestation. Delivered at 42 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
Rachel was always clear and concise. She was available by phone anytime I had a question.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Strength. Everyone is there to make sure you have a positive experience. They are calm and supportive. They celebrate your victories with you. I really enjoyed that everything happened in the same building. I always felt comfortable because I knew exactly where I was going and what the environment would be like. Weakness. In Portland proper. I live and work in the suburbs so I had to commute into town for appointments before driving back to the suburbs for work.
From our first appointment we had a very clear breakdown of costs. We met with the financial counselor the same day we met Dr. Bankowski. They provided an estimate worksheet that estimated cost at $28922 for all testing, egg retrieval, Icsi, ccs, FET, one yer embryo storage and freezing, meds. Our actual cost ended up being $28206.
Dr. Bankowski very clearly outlined he pros and cons of single to multiple embryo transfers. He helped us make an informed decision based o our circumstances and risks that single embryo transfer was the beat choice for us.

Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Bankowski can seem a little intimidating at first but he is very friendly and great at what he does...He was great at explaining each step of the process in a way that my husband and I both understood. He always made sure to answer all of our questions and make sure we were comfortable...After testing and blood work Dr. Bankowski said that I was considered a "good responder" so he put me on the good responder antagonist protocol.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Bankowski can seem a little intimidating at first but he is very friendly and great at what he does. I'm a type A personality. Planning, organization, and lists are how I thrive. I wanted to be involved and educated in the process so Dr. Bankowski was the best choice for us. He was great at explaining each step of the process in a way that my husband and I both understood. He always made sure to answer all of our questions and make sure we were comfortable.
Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions.
Oregon Reproductive Medicine is a well-oiled machine. Sometimes it feels like you're on a conveyer belt but somehow they're still able to individualize care and make you feel like a human while they keep things efficient. From the very beginning you're assigned a nurse coordinator who becomes your "person" throughout the entire process. It's nice to have that one person who keeps in contact the whole time.
After testing and blood work Dr. Bankowski said that I was considered a "good responder" so he put me on the good responder antagonist protocol. I did a short suppression with 18 days of birth control pills, a baseline ultrasound/blood work 3 days later then started follicle stimulating hormones 3 days after that. Six days after starting those medications he added in gnrh-agonist that I took daily to prevent early ovulation. My follicles grew at a slow, steady rate and on Day 10 my leading follicles were all around 20mm so I used a lupron & HCG trigger shot that night for an egg retrieval 36 hours later. During the egg retrieval we retrieved 26 eggs, 21 were mature, 18 fertilized with ICSI, and 7 embryos made it to Day 6 for biopsy and freeze. We did CCS and PGD testing and we're currently awaiting the transfer of our one normal embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Cox)
Our IVF cycle has been anything but typical because we found out during the initial testing that we needed to do PGD testing. Through all of the speedbumps and rough spots our nurse coordinator had been our rock. Communicating with her is so easy and she always gets back to us quickly. I feel like she has become a trusted friend.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
I've been with this clinic for almost a year and my only complaint is the new patient portal system they implemented 4 months ago. It makes communication with your nurse coordinator a bit more difficult and makes everything feel a bit more impersonal. That being said, I know people have spoken up about this and they have heard the concerns and are working on fixing that issue. The patient portal is very convenient when it comes to having easy access to all of your test results.
They charge a base price for the IVF cycle and then add on for any extras such as ICSI, CCS or PGD testing, etc.
Our doctor allows up to 2 embryos depending on the mother's health and thoroughly counsels everyone on the risks of multiples.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I saw Dr. Bankowski at almost every visit, which was important to me. He was very personable and genuine and always left me feeling informed and confident about the next steps....Dr. Bankowski was extremely empathetic with our situation and very clear and concise about the IVF process. His confidence, extensive knowledge and experience are what drew us to him and his practice. He kept us informed every step of the way and always set realistic expectations. Both my husband and I would consider him a friend.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Bankowski can come across as a little too confident and it can be mistaken as dismissive. Ask the questions that you need answers to and make sure you have him elaborate on his reasoning. He is confident because his experiences and education allow for him to be so, but again, if you have concerns, make sure you get answers.
I had a good AMH and FSH and my follicle count was always on par or higher for my age. 36. I was considered a “good responder” because of my test results. Also, my cycles were always normal and I achieved 3 natural pregnancies prior to seeking treatment. I was on the antagonist protocol, menopor, gonal f and cetrotide. I stimmed for 10 days before my egg retrieval. I had 23 follicles, 17 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and all fertilized with ICSI (our choice, not required). By day 6 we had 4 embryos to send for testing and 1 was chromosomally normal. I can currently pregnant with that little girl.
Katie was great, but cautious and always set realistic expectations. She was a fantastic support for me during this stressful time and I leaned on her a lot. She is extremely knowledgeable and very responsive. The rest of the nursing staff was wonderful too; I can honestly say that I made some friends during my time at ORM.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
ORM is a big machine and they produce results. Each doctor has his or her own approach and it is important to find the best fit for you and your partner. This process is extremely stressful and riddled with uncertainty, but the ORM staff does their best to be supportive during every step. If you have an issue or concern about a caregiver or staff member, it is important to mention it a.s.a.p. so that it can be resolved quickly. Even at the best clinic, you have to be your own advocate.
We paid an estimated $30,000 for IVF, ICSI, CCS and FET.
Portland Downtown

Dr. Bankowski is confident, knowledgeable, and informative. He had a clear idea of what treatment was appropriate for us given our history, but was willing to discuss our questions, concerns, or hesitations. Although our appointments occasionally felt a bit rushed, in general he showed care and concern for our experience.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Ask questions about what specific protocol/treatments are appropriate for you given your history, and come prepared with specific information to give him about your fertility history.
Dr. Bankowski paid close attention to our history and was willing to adjust treatment protocols based on what he thought would work for me. He was warm and willing to take time to answer our questions.
For my retrieval, Dr. Bankowski used Menopur, follistim, and ganirelex, given that I had had good results on that protocol before. The protocol worked well. 17 mature eggs were retrieved, which resulted in 5 blastocysts and 3 genetically normal embryos. For my transfer, Dr. Bankowski used progesterone in oil and delestrogen. This was the first time I had used that protocol and I am pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne)
I cannot say enough about my primary nurse/IVF coordinator and the whole nursing staff. They were accessible and responsive by both phone and email and were always willing to answer my questions, address my concerns, or assuage my worries. They were extremely compassionate and seemed very invested in our success.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
This is a high-volume, very professional and well-organized clinic. The systems in place for scheduling, testing, and monitoring are very efficient. The support staff is knowledgable, helpful, and informative.

2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Discussions felt rehearsed and automated. Requests for details were glossed-over. Requests for deeper understanding were met with dismissal....Confident in his [Dr Bankowski] expertise and ability to get results but the process was an ordeal to be endured rather than a partnership for success. Treated my individual questions with generic responses.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Confident in his expertise and ability to get results but the process was an ordeal to be endured rather than a partnership for success. Treated my individual questions with generic responses.
Be an agressive advocate for yourself. You're paying a lot of money; get all your questions answered. Even if you have to repeat yourself.
One cycle of Clomid supported IUI. One cycle of injection supported IVF w/ICSI. I had 2 morning injections and one evening. Post-retrieval I used vaginal progesterone suppositories to support the transfer and implantation. I had a history of ovarian cysts (not PCOS) which interfered with egg development. The injection cycle was delayed twice due to cysts resulting from failure to respond to ovulation suppression therapy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
I felt very much like a part of an assembly line for them. They showed more interest in getting me to sign contracts for treatment than actual care or well-being. I frequently received highly personal, often disappointing news in the public waiting area (i.e "the couch"). This was very humiliating.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The positive side is they get results. The negatives include a general lack of empathy. Understand that they spend every day in this world, but for the patients, this is deeply personal and often painful. The cavelier approach taken to patient interaction is unsettling.
Approximately $22,000 total.
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility?
Portland Downtown

Great doctor [Dr. Bankowski] who knows his stuff and is very intelligent but also has great bedside manner. He is very calm in all situations which helped me to stay calm. I would definitely recommend him and will use him again for later embryo transfers if I have the chance....He even through in some sport references to help my husband understand better....He would love to answer questions but you just have to ask. He doesn’t freely just explains things unless you ask him to.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Great doctor who knows his stuff and is very intelligent but also has great bedside manner. He is very calm in all situations which helped me to stay calm. I would definitely recommend him and will use him again for later embryo transfers if I have the chance.
Doctor is very good at explaining things and keeping me calm. He always listens when we have questions or concerns. He even through in some sport references to help my husband understand better.
They always kept me informed on exactly what was going on and made sure I was comfortable and understood everything. The were very available to talk to if I had any questions.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Very clean and nice and organized! All around a great experience. All the staff was so friendly and nice and made us feel right at home. They were very compassionate regarding my fear of needles and went out of their way to help me.
A lot of the pre testing wasn’t included in the lump sum which would have been good to know. They are on the more expensive end but they get good results so it’s worth it.
He told us that the genetic testing is a good idea and it’s totally up to us if we want to transfer one or two embryos. He stayed completely neutral.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

He [Dr. Brandon Bankowski] was very clear on explanations but he was not available for retrieval or transfer which made us feel a bit discouraged. His pitch sounded a bit robotic but we knew he was a good Doctor by recommendations so we decided to go with him anyways...We were presented a cycle Based on my history. My care was basically done by his assistant Ranchel. We didn’t see him after the first visit. He wasn’t available for retrieval or transfer. But his staff was sure to make us feel comfortable we were well taken care of.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
He was very clear on explanations but he was not available for retrieval or transfer which made us feel a bit discouraged. His pitch sounded a bit robotic but we knew he was a good Doctor by recommendations so we decided to go with him anyways.
All staff were extremely nice and treated me with care
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
She was hands on and always available for us.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is extremely clean and has a great system. My husband says it’s a assembly line to make babies but their system sure works. The main doctors seem to be always busy but their nurses are extremely nice and ensure to make you feel taken care of.
Probably around $20k for full cycle plus 1k of egg freezing
I wished we had discussed more on how many embryos to transfer from the beginning.

7 IUI, IVF
He [Dr. Bankowski] was ok, a nice man...He just was very quick. But he was nice. He;s not the hold your hand type though or give you a hug or anything. But he gets the job done!...very quick and a little cold...[ORM] very fancy and nice and clean...it was a nice facility very high class very clean lots of water and nice waiting areas...a few times where they didnt call things in when they said they would....the nurses were much nicer if very busy...[Cost Of Treatment] 24k
7 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
He was ok, a nice man, a little better than Dr. Hesla. He just was very quick. But he was nice. He;s not the hold your hand type though or give you a hug or anything. But he gets the job done! Glad I went to ORM though I wish I had researched cheaper options as it was very expensive.
Make sure you are clear about what you need and want, the communication you want to have and how you need to be treated.
human being just very quick and a little cold
I dont remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
the nurses were much nicer if very busy
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
very fancy and nice and clean I dont have 200 charachters but it was a nice facility very high class very clean lots of water and nice waiting areas VERY GOOD IN TERMS OF PLACE I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WRITE THIS IS A VERY LONG SURVEY
24k
He had no opinion and would not weigh in.
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility?

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
I saw a team of the doctors their and they were all very competent and friendly...Very warm and friendly staff. Individualized care.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility?
Very warm and friendly staff. Individualized care.
Lupron (12 days) and BCP for suppression, along steroids, doxcycline and baby aspirin. Gonal F (300 IU) and Menopur (2 vials) 12 days. Gonal-F dosing varied based on monitoring (dosage lowered/then raised). HCG trigger.
I could always call and reach someone to answer questions. Everyone was warm and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Well organized, good success rates, nice environment
9,000 for IVF cycle with ICSI (not including medications or local monitoring)
Portland Westside