6.6

2222 NW Lovejoy
Portland, OR 97210
877-567-4994

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Appointments felt slightly rushed with a rehearsed script. ... Bankowski wanted to do aggressive stim cycles to obtain as many eggs as possible. ... Even though Bankowski was my RE, he never performed any of my egg retrievals. ... Bankowski made himself available by phone if I asked my nurse coordinator [ORM Fertility] to speak with him and I sincerely appreciate that!
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr. Bankowski seems to genuinely care about his patients and what he does. However, he doesn't always give as much information as I would have liked and his answers were usually short. Additionally, some of his answers seem cookie cutter instead of individualized. Bankowski made himself available by phone if I asked my nurse coordinator to speak with him and I sincerely appreciate that! But I wish I'd had more face time with him to develop a closer patient/doctor relationship, including having him perform my actual egg retrievals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Ask any questions you have? Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. This clinic only exists because of its patients. Every patient has a right to understand all their options and to feel comfortable with their treatment plans. Also, don't put all your stock into their statistics. Just because their numbers are high does not guarantee you will have success. And understand, you will select your RE and they review your medical records and determine your treatment but rarely do they do your ultrasounds or egg retrievals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Appointments felt slightly rushed with a rehearsed script. The provider performing your ultrasounds during your stimulation and your actual egg retrieval depends on the doctor's work schedule, so you don't necessary get to develop a relationship with your RE. Even though Bankowski was my RE, he never performed any of my egg retrievals. I would have liked more connection with Bankowski and personalized care for the price you pay.
Describe the protocols Brandon Bankowski used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
Bankowski wanted to do aggressive stim cycles to obtain as many eggs as possible. I believe I was on an antagonist protocol. Birth control for suppression, dexamethasone, and baby aspirin, menopur, follistim, omnitrope and ganirelix. My body was a good responder and this protocol worked well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katie Green)
The nursing staff for the most part is wonderful. Each one is different and I got lucky with Katie Green. She was professional, available and would give me as much time as I needed. She was competent in educating me on injections, medications, etc.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
ORM's facility is gorgeous and very nice. I trust their lab is state of the art, which is incredibly important. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. I wish you could direct dial your nurse coordinators. Going through their phone system and online portal is a time consuming process. Also, if it is after hours, it can be difficult to get a hold of anyone. Their biggest weakness is their own internal department coordination. You can get lost in the system and be bounced back and forth trying to get clear answers. It is easy to make appointments and for the most part, everything you need is attended to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon.
IVF own egg cycles are around $10,000-$15,000. CCS up to 10 embyros runs aroudn $5,000. Medications are from an outside pharmacy and cost $4,000-$10,000. Counsyl genetic screening is roughly $500. Egg donor cycles are entirely more expensive. They are roughly $20,000, plus the donor fee, the CCS, the donors additional screening, donor medications, tests for the recipient, transfer, etc.
Describe Brandon Bankowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
No comments. I think Bankowski is very smart in his recommendations for number of embryos to transfer.

2013 - 2014, Successful
Discussions felt rehearsed and automated. Requests for details were glossed-over. Requests for deeper understanding were met with dismissal....Confident in his [Dr Bankowski] expertise and ability to get results but the process was an ordeal to be endured rather than a partnership for success. Treated my individual questions with generic responses.
The positive side is they [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] get results. The negatives include a general lack of empathy. Understand that they spend every day in this world, but for the patients, this is deeply personal and often painful. The cavelier approach taken to patient interaction is unsettling....There were several billing errors. One of my husband's specimens was wasted due to poor communication. My ovulation suppression took twice as long as it should have due to my physician resisting my input about my menstrual cycle.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Confident in his expertise and ability to get results but the process was an ordeal to be endured rather than a partnership for success. Treated my individual questions with generic responses.
Be an agressive advocate for yourself. You're paying a lot of money; get all your questions answered. Even if you have to repeat yourself.
One cycle of Clomid supported IUI. One cycle of injection supported IVF w/ICSI. I had 2 morning injections and one evening. Post-retrieval I used vaginal progesterone suppositories to support the transfer and implantation. I had a history of ovarian cysts (not PCOS) which interfered with egg development. The injection cycle was delayed twice due to cysts resulting from failure to respond to ovulation suppression therapy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
I felt very much like a part of an assembly line for them. They showed more interest in getting me to sign contracts for treatment than actual care or well-being. I frequently received highly personal, often disappointing news in the public waiting area (i.e "the couch"). This was very humiliating.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The positive side is they get results. The negatives include a general lack of empathy. Understand that they spend every day in this world, but for the patients, this is deeply personal and often painful. The cavelier approach taken to patient interaction is unsettling.
Approximately $22,000 total.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
We did not fully understand the chances of success. We learned later that it was not very likely based on age. He [Dr. Bankowski] seems earnest but we were still let down and not fully informed. We didn't see him every time we visited and it is very difficult to get ahold of anyone at ORM...We didn't see him every time...We were allowed to give input [eset] which is appreciated...
It is extremely difficult to talk to a person when you call [ORM Fertility Oregon]. You will be waiting a minimum of 30 minutes before you get to talk to a person. Don't waste your time using the ORM website to communicate because even they recommend you don't use it because they do not respond. And if they do it is about a week later....They [nurses] seem to just want to herd us though to get to the next patient...
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
We did not fully understand the chances of success. We learned later that it was not very likely based on age. He seems earnest but we were still let down and not fully informed. We didn't see him every time we visited and it is very difficult to get ahold of anyone at ORM.
Give the full facts and statistics of percentages of success and age.
We didn't see him every time.
They didn't get my period and ovulation right which wasted time and perhaps led to the failure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
They seem to just want to herd us though to get to the next patient.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
It is extremely difficult to talk to a person when you call. You will be waiting a minimum of 30 minutes before you get to talk to a person. Don't waste your time using the ORM website to communicate because even they recommend you don't use it because they do not respond. And if they do it is about a week later.
All in is about $25,000
We were allowed to give input which is appreciated.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
We called specifically to make sure we had all out drugs, went over all of them and the person told us we had all we needed. This turned out to be untrue and we had to scramble to get what we needed the week we were doing injections.
Portland Downtown

He [Dr. Bankowski] was ok, a nice man...He just was very quick. But he was nice. He;s not the hold your hand type though or give you a hug or anything. But he gets the job done!...very quick and a little cold...[ORM] very fancy and nice and clean...it was a nice facility very high class very clean lots of water and nice waiting areas...a few times where they didnt call things in when they said they would....the nurses were much nicer if very busy...[Cost Of Treatment] 24k
[ORM] very fancy and nice and clean...it was a nice facility very high class very clean lots of water and nice waiting areas...a few times where they didnt call things in when they said they would....the nurses were much nicer if very busy...[Cost Of Treatment] 24k...He [Dr. Bankowski] was ok, a nice man...He just was very quick. But he was nice. He;s not the hold your hand type though or give you a hug or anything. But he gets the job done!...very quick and a little cold...
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
He was ok, a nice man, a little better than Dr. Hesla. He just was very quick. But he was nice. He;s not the hold your hand type though or give you a hug or anything. But he gets the job done! Glad I went to ORM though I wish I had researched cheaper options as it was very expensive.
Make sure you are clear about what you need and want, the communication you want to have and how you need to be treated.
human being just very quick and a little cold
I dont remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon.
the nurses were much nicer if very busy
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
very fancy and nice and clean I dont have 200 charachters but it was a nice facility very high class very clean lots of water and nice waiting areas VERY GOOD IN TERMS OF PLACE I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WRITE THIS IS A VERY LONG SURVEY
24k
He had no opinion and would not weigh in.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
nope, just a few times where they didnt call things in when they said they would.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
He seems to care and doesn't want is to waste our time and money going through another cycle but at the same time I don't think we were fully explained the chances of having a baby...I was seen by several different doctors. Dr. B. did not seem to be as available for how much money we were spending...We used high doses of IVf drugs
Parking [at ORM Fertility] is limited, welcome staff are not welcoming. You will not see your primary doctor very much at all. If you call them you will be waiting a minimum of 30 minutes to speak to a person. If you send them a message via their website you will wait a week for a response if they even answer at all...We had to pay over $25,000 up front. Services were not billed separately.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
He seems to care and doesn't want is to waste our time and money going through another cycle but at the same time I don't think we were fully explained the chances of having a baby. We later found out that the chances based on my age are extremely low.
Fully explain the chances of getting having a baby and age of mother.
We used high doses of IVf drugs. They did not get my ovulation right the first time so we had to go through another cycle. We could have started in November but we waited for personal reasons until February. We wonder if the three month wait had contributed to the negative effect on our outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I felt like they were herding me along.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Parking is limited, welcome staff are not welcoming. You will not see your primary doctor very much at all. If you call them you will be waiting a minimum of 30 minutes to speak to a person. If you send them a message via their website you will wait a week for a response if they even answer at all.
We had to pay over $25,000 up front. Services were not billed separately.
No comment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
We were told we had all our medication sand we went through each one at a time and later found out two separate times that we didn't have all the drugs we needed. I was sick and in pain two weeks are egg retrieval and wasn't told anything about that process or any process at all. Their "teaching" protocols seem to be to watch youtube videos.