6.6

Portland Lovejoy (Closed)
2222 NW Lovejoy
Portland, OR 97210
877-567-4994

Dr. Bankowski is very matter-of-fact and to the point when it comes to delivering information. He doesn't sugarcoat things and will lay the facts our plainly. He's not the warmest in regards to bedside manner, but he is smart and does his job well...My first IVF cycle was a typical antagonist protocol. Each monitoring appointment, my dosage was increased as I was responding poorly. Dr. Bankowski and I mutually agreed to cancel the cycle after 7 days of stim meds due to poor response. The second IVF cycle was a Lupron flare + HGH protocol, which my body responded to better. 8 eggs were retrieved, 7 w
Katie [nurse at ORM Fertiity] was my rock through all my treatments. She was compassionate, organized, and I felt like she was really rooting for me to have success...The look and feel of the [downtown Portland] office is very tranquil, clean, and inviting. The reception staff is friendly and once you've been going there for so long, they know you by name and will greet you accordingly. Almost everything is in-house so you don't have to go all over for blood work, ultrasounds, testing, or procedures. They have their own parking lot, so parking in the city is easy. If you happen to arrive on a busy day and the lot is full, they will pay for your street parking.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
If you need more from him - be it empathy, information, or warmer bedside manner, speak up and ask for it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
I'm definitely not what I would consider a "needy" patient. I do a lot of the research on my own and have a very good idea what options there are, what to expect, etc. Since I don't have a lot of in-depth questions, I feel like there is a tendency to just give the information quickly and then WOOSH, we're out of there. Not many questions around how we are feeling or how treatment has affected us as a person.
Describe the protocols Brandon Bankowski used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle was a typical antagonist protocol. Each monitoring appointment, my dosage was increased as I was responding poorly. Dr. Bankowski and I mutually agreed to cancel the cycle after 7 days of stim meds due to poor response. The second IVF cycle was a Lupron flare + HGH protocol, which my body responded to better. 8 eggs were retrieved, 7 were mature, 6 fertilized via ICSI, and 5 made it to day-5 blasts. Grading were all between AA and AB. We opted not to PGS test. We did a single embryo fresh transfer which failed to implant (negative pregnancy test). Then did a double frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Last we did another double frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. At our 20 week anatomy scan it was discovered the baby suffered from bilateral multicystic kidney dysplasia and severe oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid). The MFM explained the diagnosis was fatal and there was no chance to have a full term live birth. We chose to terminate for medical reasons at 20 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katie Green)
Katie was my rock through all my treatments. She was compassionate, organized, and I felt like she was really rooting for me to have success. Taylor was learning under Katie and was really starting to get the hang of things. She was also very kind, communicative, and I appreciated all she did for me.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon.
We have spent approximately $28,000 at ORM for professional services in addition to approximately $9,600 in medications.
2014 - 2017, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Brandon Bankowski] Very patient and kind. I was I not successful there until I did egg transfer but he was very professional. He advised me to work closely with a maternal fetal medicine doctor which resulted in a live birth. ... I did IUI with him and he never changed the protocol ... I had experienced severe preeclampsia with my first pregnancy when I transferred 2, both did not make it so I was advised to only transfer 1 for my next cycle which helped
Beautiful building [ORM Fertility]. Bloodwork waiting area should not be in the same room as pregnant women or couples showing off ultrasound pics and pregnant surrogates. Phlebotomist is great. Parking is ok. I was given someone else’s orders more than once at the front desk. ... I had experienced severe preeclampsia with my first pregnancy when I transferred 2, both did not make it so I was advised to only transfer 1 for my next cycle which helped
Ask a lot of questions
Very personal treatment
I did IUI with him and he never changed the protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Very efficient
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Beautiful building. Bloodwork waiting area should not be in the same room as pregnant women or couples showing off ultrasound pics and pregnant surrogates. Phlebotomist is great. Parking is ok. I was given someone else’s orders more than once at the front desk.
Maybe slightly a live average
Describe Brandon Bankowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Some problems with the cryostorage
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I saw a team of the doctors their and they were all very competent and friendly...Very warm and friendly staff. Individualized care.
[Oregon Reproductive Medicine Clinic was] Well organized, good success rates, nice environment...I could always call and reach someone to answer questions. Everyone was warm and compassionate...9,000 for IVF cycle with ICSI (not including medications or local monitoring)
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Very warm and friendly staff. Individualized care.
Lupron (12 days) and BCP for suppression, along steroids, doxcycline and baby aspirin. Gonal F (300 IU) and Menopur (2 vials) 12 days. Gonal-F dosing varied based on monitoring (dosage lowered/then raised). HCG trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Well organized, good success rates, nice environment
9,000 for IVF cycle with ICSI (not including medications or local monitoring)
Portland Westside
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Brandon Bankowski] has been very straightforward and informative. He explains all options, risks and potential outcomes. He allows us to be apart of the decision making process. We felt like our choices were a collaborative decision between him and us. Although appointments were usually short, we never felt rushed and he always provided time for us to ask questions. He is very data and scientific based which was exactly what we were looking for.
Didn't feel like they [ORM Fertility Oregon] were batching patients. They were very open with us when they had some staffing shortages. Always asked if I was comfortable with a nurse practitioner before scheduling appointments with one instead of with my Dr...I love the nurse practitioners, Shannon and Alexa. They performed some of my ultrasounds and 1 of my IUIs. Very compassionate and friendly.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
He has been very straightforward and informative. He explains all options, risks and potential outcomes. He allows us to be apart of the decision making process. We felt like our choices were a collaborative decision between him and us. Although appointments were usually short, we never felt rushed and he always provided time for us to ask questions. He is very data and scientific based which was exactly what we were looking for.
He is very smart and more on the data side than the friendly side. But allows you to participate in your treatment plans.
He allowed us to make our own choices with a lot of provided information. Talked to us in caring and informative manner.
We did 3 IUI cycles with clomid. Egg retrieval was antagonist and had highly successful outcomes with ICSI and PGT testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Prefer ICSI. Didn't feel like they were batching patients. They were very open with us when they had some staffing shortages. Always asked if I was comfortable with a nurse practitioner before scheduling appointments with one instead of with my Dr.
We have spent about $33,000 so far, including all medication and procedures. Including diagnostic testing, 3 IUIs, 1 egg retrieval and 1 frozen embryo transfer. No insurance coverage.
Strongly prefers to transfer 1 but will allow 2.

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Brandon Bankowski] was very informative and spoke in a personal level. The information is studies and numbers, so I didn’t expect him to personalize it. It was delivered in a clear way that was helpful to me...Strength was knowing the stats of the information. And knowing the next steps. He was personable at the beginning of appointments, asking us our story. And then delivered the very complicated information in an effective way with studies and numbers backing that information up.
The cost has yet to be given [by ORM Fertility] it will be mailed to me by coordinator...Very organized, considerate, thorough, upfront and honest. Using the highest technology, thoughtful and personable. Very careful during covid to protect there staff and patients. The treatment revived was top notch...further testing was needed. And that we can go from there to determine next steps. I’m in the very beginning of this process. Everything makes sense it’s just the price that is hard
Knowledgeable
He was very informative and spoke in a personal level. The information is studies and numbers, so I didn’t expect him to personalize it. It was delivered in a clear way that was helpful to me
I was told that with my age and Demi I shed Iberian reserve that further testing was needed. And that we can go from there to determine next steps. I’m in the very beginning of this process. Everything makes sense it’s just the price that is hard
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The cost has yet to be given it will be mailed to me by coordinator
None experienced