Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Wisconsin
15920 E. Indiana Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
509-321-5560
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brenda Houmard to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
I do not ovulate on my own, so [Dr. Houmard] used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix...does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible...She has a very warm heart and you can tell that this was her calling in life. She is very up front and wants you to know everything that is going on. There hasn't been a time that I've came to her with a question or concern and she has not been able to address it in a timely manner, if not right then and there.
Overall the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You need to have an open mind and know that she has the best intentions when treating you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr.Houmard does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible.
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I do not ovulate on my own, so we used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Everyone in the staff is a thousand times more compassionate that I could ever ask for. We have had some bumps in the road, but any time we have ever needed an answer to something, we get a response very quick. Any time labs are completed, 4/5 times we get the results the same day. Stephanie is just the most amazing nurse on the face of the Earth!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The initial evaluation is about $300.00 (covered by insurance), HSG procedure was approximately $700 (all but $100 was covered by insurance), IUI procedure is $375 (covered by insurance) and washing of sperm was $125 paid OOP.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] was great took the time that we needed to explain different questions that we had! She was very thorough with her process. She made a not so fun situation fun by allowing you to pick music for your egg retrieval. She was out front about success rates and our chances for IVF...was very friendly, personable and easily approachable...She gave me a lower dose medications because my hormone levels are on the higher end of normal, she did not want me to be overstimulated. My stimulation phase 12 days. We also froze our embryos to do a frozen transfer again because my hormone levels were high. Two months later we did our first frozen embryo transfer. I continued my medication for 12 weeks after receiving our first positive pregnancy test! Currently 16 week
I would say they truly care for their patients [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]! If you have any questions they move quickly to answer them!...Billing can be confusing at times, and make sure when orders are placed they are correctly placed...[nurses are] Very friendly, Felt like you were there only patient! Always greeted you with a smile! Made you feel like they were there supporting you along the way!...$26,000 is what we spent on medications and procedures for our first IVF experience!
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very friendly, personable and easily approachable. I like that she gave the facts and was up front. After going through IVF with her I know she is very trustworthy and would trust any advice she would give.
Trust her knowledge and her staff.
She was great took the time that we needed to explain different questions that we had! She was very thorough with her process. She made a not so fun situation fun by allowing you to pick music for your egg retrieval. She was out front about success rates and our chances for IVF.
She said my husband needed to have surgery for a varicocele. He had the procedure done. His surgery did not produce results we were hoping for. She recommended that we do our first IVF cycle. She gave me a lower dose medications because my hormone levels are on the higher end of normal, she did not want me to be overstimulated. My stimulation phase 12 days. We also froze our embryos to do a frozen transfer again because my hormone levels were high. Two months later we did our first frozen embryo transfer. I continued my medication for 12 weeks after receiving our first positive pregnancy test! Currently 16 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
strengths- I would say they truly care for their patients! If you have any questions they move quickly to answer them! Weaknesses - Billing can be confusing at times, and make sure when orders are placed they are correctly placed.
$26,000 is what we spent on medications and procedures for our first IVF experience! I have six embryos left, each transfer cost $5000 not including medication. $40 a month to store our embryos.
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
After many tests, she said that she felt we would be a good candidate for elective single embryo transfer! But again my husband and I trusted her and so we took her advice! Currently pregnant 16 weeks along!

2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] isn't just treating me like a number, she is very empathetic, listens when we have concerns, works with our crazy schedule as best as she can, and it just a friendly face during the hard times...On the very first IUI I had done with her, she was able to accomplish getting us pregnant for the first time in years. When we found out that we would inevitably miscarriage and I didn't want to accept it, she gave us some extra time to make sure that the baby wasn't forming and for me to be able to accept it.
Honestly, I dont have a downside to this clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and it's team. I only had one experience with someone who was too gruff during an ultrasound, but the next time she was a lot more caring. As a whole, they are wonderful. It's like one big family...Every one there is supportive and friendly the moment you walk through the door. They answer your questions in a timely manner...For my IUI it cost 650 for a sperm wash as well. Plus additional cost of medicine.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard gives you the information you need and want, while maintaining an empathetic and compassionate demeanor. She was everything I didn't know I needed in a fertility specialist. On the very first IUI I had done with her, she was able to accomplish getting us pregnant for the first time in years. When we found out that we would inevitably miscarriage and I didn't want to accept it, she gave us some extra time to make sure that the baby wasn't forming and for me to be able to accept it.
Be as open as you can about what you are experiencing with your infertility.
She isn't just treating me like a number, she is very empathetic, listens when we have concerns, works with our crazy schedule as best as she can, and it just a friendly face during the hard times.
She starts me off with provera to get a period going, and then letrozole to induce ovulation. I take gonal f to help develop the egg. Around day 12 to 14, there is an ultrasound to see where the development of the egg is. If it is mature, then we use a trigger shot to release the egg. Then we do the IUI 24 hours later, and the 14 day weight begins.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Honestly, I dont have a downside to this clinic and it's team. I only had one experience with someone who was too gruff during an ultrasound, but the next time she was a lot more caring. As a whole, they are wonderful. It's like one big family.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Houmard wanted to know my husband and I as people before she looked at our diagnosis’s. She went over every aspect of our charts and made notes as she talked with us. It was so refreshing that she didn’t just look at our problem list and assume she knew us based on that. I left with visit feeling so informed and hopefully for the first time in a very long time.... She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
This clinic [Seattle Reproductive Med] is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care....The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very intelligent, knowledgeable and kind. She never assumed anything about us or what we might already know. She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
Be open and honest. You are a person to her, not just a person struggling to have a child
Our nurse Stephanie is absolutely wonderful! She answers whatever questions we have in detail, with compassion and promptly. She is so good to us.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care.
The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options. Best of all we have a great handout as to what everything would cost us and he went over it in great detail. It’s very overwhelming but having all these tools at our fingertips was definitely helpful
Dr. Houmard was very honest about our options. She let us know the risks to the babies and myself. She left it completely up to us. We felt very informed and comfortable making a safest decision for our family

2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] always makes me feel like I’m part of a family. I don’t feel scared going into any treatment and she never makes me feel stupid for asking so many questions...She is just very personable. I feel like I have a friend at each appointment with me. She is so careful and understanding. She knows how to make you feel at ease while giving you difficult information...IUIs i would take clomid for the first few days of my cycle then come in on cycle day 12 for ultrasound.
[Nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Always reaching out to me and asking me how I’m doing and answering any questions!...$600 for each IUI, plus $100 for trigger shot Egg retrieval, PGT, and frozen embryo including medications: About $23k...I got to meet my anesthesiologist who made me laugh and explained everything thoroughly. At my transfer appointment I got to meet my beautiful embryologist who made me feel so happy about my embryo.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Never be afraid to ask questions. She has an answer prepare regardless of what you’re going to ask!
She always makes me feel like I’m part of a family. I don’t feel scared going into any treatment and she never makes me feel stupid for asking so many questions. I feel like I’m their only client sometimes (which I know I’m not!)
IUIs i would take clomid for the first few days of my cycle then come in on cycle day 12 for ultrasound. They’d determine if I was ready to take my trigger shot, then I’d come in 24 hours later for insemination. Egg retrieval I had to come in often to monitor my follicles. I was ready to retrieve on day 9 of stimulations meds and I got 12 eggs retrieved. The next day I learned I had 5 eggs that were fertilized via ICSI. 5 days after I learned 2 had made it to freeze and were being sent to PGT. About 2 weeks later I learned they were genetically normal and I began preparation for my FET! About 6 weeks later they performed my first FET. 9 days later I learned it failed. :-(
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
There are honestly no weaknesses. Strengths would be communication, compassion, knowledge, and teamwork! The way I observed the team work together is unbelievable. Whether I was going in for my IUIs, or my egg retrieval, or my transfer there was never a “hiccup” or a team member that wasn’t on the same page. My retrieval nurse had everything prepared for me and made me feel so comfortable. I got to meet my anesthesiologist who made me laugh and explained everything thoroughly. At my transfer appointment I got to meet my beautiful embryologist who made me feel so happy about my embryo. I know it sounds so silly, but I have cried with the staff here. They have prayed with me and made me feel like I’m not alone. I have one embryo left and I’m so scared it won’t work again. If it doesn’t, my husband and I cannot afford to do another cycle. He has 4 children already and I’ve always dreamed of having my own. I have been in the military for 13 years and now also in law enforcement. These 2 professions make it so difficult to go through these treatments financially and physically.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Houmard was fantastic, warm, kind and straight forward with us...she explained to us what protocols she follows typically, and what to expect, so that was helpful for us in just trying to understand what will happen in the future... took the time to explain our options thoroughly and answer the questions we had about IVF treatments and what it entails...helped us get the information we needed to make a decision about our future.
This is the second time we've gone through SRM, the first time was for my husband's vasectomy reversal. Everyone at SRM is professional and warm. We've always felt we got our questions answered and that we were being well taken care of going through SRM...Summer [nurse] was FANTASTIC. She went through the calendar and all the details of what IVF entails. We were both incredibly nervous and stressed out about the process, but she made us feel so much better by not pushing us to get signed up for a cycle yet, and letting us know our options and timeframe.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We're early on in the process, but Dr. Houmard is spends as much time as needed to make sure we're understanding the process and what to expect. It is hard facing infertility and IVF, but she made us feel more at ease about making decisions going forward.
Nothing - Dr. Houmard was fantastic, warm, kind and straight forward with us.
Dr. Houmard took the time to explain our options thoroughly and answer the questions we had about IVF treatments and what it entails. She was incredibly kind but honest with us about our options, she and her staff helped us get the information we needed to make a decision about our future.
So, we are early on in the process, we are not there yet, but she explained to us what protocols she follows typically, and what to expect, so that was helpful for us in just trying to understand what will happen in the future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Summer, LPN)
Summer was FANTASTIC. She went through the calendar and all the details of what IVF entails. We were both incredibly nervous and stressed out about the process, but she made us feel so much better by not pushing us to get signed up for a cycle yet, and letting us know our options and timeframe.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
For the IVF cycle, we're looking at over $18,000 including medications. The preliminary consultation and blood work is about $1000, with some additional expenses for the prep for IVF.
I don't have any comment on this... Yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Same as before, Brenda [Houmard] really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand. ... she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
Front desk [SRM] wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. ... Everyone from the nurses, to the phlebotomist, to the financial counselor was absolutely wonderful. I felt at home in this clinic. Like a person and not a number. ... Not only did Dr. Houmard’s staff go above and beyond, but she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Same as before, Brenda really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand.
Make sure you have all of your questions ready and don’t be afraid to give her a heads up or write a little letter explaining yourself. I went from seeing a doctor who acted like I was just a product on a conveyor belt to someone who truly seemed to care about our situation.
All of our previously medicated cycles were with our first RE. So far we have planned IVF with Dr. Houmard twice. The first Time was cancelled because we were able to conceive naturally however lost that 4th pregnancy early like all the rest. We are set for meds to start the beginning of March and retrieval at the end of March.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie, Alli, Summer (there have been so many) )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Front desk wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. Maybe needs some time to warm up to patients? But as front desk, they are the face of the company. They should be warm and friendly when you first arrive. Won’t stop me from going though!
Cost with all appointments at Brenda’s office was quoted a base price of $18,500. If my monitoring appointments were done in my home town in a Montana, our cost went down to around $12,500 with her office.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Houmard] talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.... She made a diagram of the reasons a couple could have trouble getting pregnant and crossed out categories based on our medical history. It gave us a clearer picture to move forward with treatment. I never felt pressured to choose one type of treatment versus another.
When we had our consultation each staff member [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic... Genetic testing for carrier status was $350 ( mine was negative so we didn’t need to test my husband. Consultation was about $250. HSG was $850. Semen anaylsis was $125. HCG trigger shot was $70. Clomid was $20. Follicle scan was $300. And the IUI with sperm washing is $650
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She did a great job explaining our options
She talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.
I am still currently in my first IUI cycle. We started with clomid 100mg days 3-7. We did a follicle scan on day 12 and I had one follicle on each ovary. One measured 12mm and the other 9mm. I have to go back in on cycle day 16 for another US because the want at least only follicle greater than 20mm to do the trigger shot. Still waiting to get my second US.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Steph)
She was very welcoming when we met with her. She was prompt when responding to portal messages and gave me option when I was having a hard time getting records to her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we had our consultation each staff member took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Houmard is a fantastic communicator! She listens, explains everything in great detail, honest, and her bedside manner is so incredibly kind. I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor before, she treats me like a family member and offers the best care possible to help my husband and I achieve our number one goal of completing our family one day with a little one...I was put on birth control then injectibles... We then had an egg retrieval that resulted in 12 eggs 8 matured but only 1 egg made it to blastocyst. That IVF round failed.
Allie was our nurse during our IVF treatment and she was WONDERFUL! The entire staff at SRM Spokane was so kind organized and caring...The strengths of all the staff are friendly, caring, warm, and efficient. I can not think of one weakness. I have had treatment at other clinics not associated with SRM and am blown away at how great they are!...We started over the next month with new cycle. We then had an egg retrieval that resulted in 12 eggs 8 matured but only 1 egg made it to blastocyst. That IVF round failed.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard is a fantastic communicator! She listens, explains everything in great detail, honest, and her bedside manner is so incredibly kind. I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor before, she treats me like a family member and offers the best care possible to help my husband and I achieve our number one goal of completing our family one day with a little one. Dr. Houmard has always made a point to call and offer her sympathy with any failed treatment even off work hours. Traveling from CA to WA for treatments is absolutely worth it to have her as our doctor. We are so fortunate to have found her!
Try to relax, you are in the best hands
Dr. Houmard listened and treated me with genuine compassion and care.
After multiple failed treatments at a different facility in CA our consult with Dr. H we decided IVF was our best shot. I was put on birth control then injectibles. Our found was can acmes because of an active cyst. We started over the next month with new cycle. We then had an egg retrieval that resulted in 12 eggs 8 matured but only 1 egg made it to blastocyst. That IVF round failed. We then were introduced to SRM’s donor egg program. I was put on medication but then that was canceled due to ovulating too soon. We were out on another cycle the next month and transferred 1 collapsed donor embryo. I had positive pregnancy test at home but the beta came back too low for a viable pregnancy. We are currently deciding financially what our next step will be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
Roughly for treatment plus medication around $25,000
Dr. H Gives great detail on how many embryos she feels is the safest and healthiest for me and baby for each cycle
2014 - 2018
I didn’t feel like she [Dr. Houmard] really got to know me. I saw her for my transfers and that’s about it. There was one time I saw her in the waiting room after a failed and traumatic transfer and she didn’t even acknowledge me or say hello...I appreciated her thorough explanations of upcoming procedures and I appreciated her coming to talk to me before my retrievals. I loved the fact that she asked what my favorite music was so that she can have it playing during my retrieval. She was very empathetic to my situation. I had a very unusual transfer where they couldn’t find my best embryo
During my embryo transfer [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] they could not find my embryo. We were waiting so long that the doctor had to go see what was the matter. They did not know what happened to it at the time. Left the transfer still not knowing what had happened to it. I got a call on my way home saying they found and froze it...They are not quick to respond to emails or phone calls. But once I got a hold of them they were very knowledgeable and quick to follow through with anything they need to get done. I did not care for the embryologist. She showed no bedside manner.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very professional. I appreciated her thorough explanations of upcoming procedures and I appreciated her coming to talk to me before my retrievals. I loved the fact that she asked what my favorite music was so that she can have it playing during my retrieval. She was very empathetic to my situation. I had a very unusual transfer where they couldn’t find my best embryo. She seemed concerned and embarrassed because at the time they just didn’t have any answers as to where it went. I was distraught and she did her best to console me but I was inconsolable and very upset. Dr. Houmard said it has never happened before and that they’d make it right for me. They implanted two mediocre embryos which never took. They ended up finding my embryo and froze it. To which we implanted but it also did not stick. I just left that whole situation feeling very cheated. They were not willing to do anything for me due to what I believe was a huge error on their part. Actually they offered me a free counseling session which I kindly refused.
Make sure to ask for a second opinion amongst the other doctors in the clinic to make sure you have the best treatment plan possible.
I didn’t feel like she really got to know me. I saw her for my transfers and that’s about it. There was one time I saw her in the waiting room after a failed and traumatic transfer and she didn’t even acknowledge me or say hello. Especially since I was only one of two people in the waiting room and the patient she was coming to see was sitting a seat away from me. I thought that was strange and insensitive.
Luteal Lupron Fresh Embryo Transfer Lupron 10 units Follistim, gonal f and menupur were started all together between 7-9pm 24 follicles during suppression check 19 eggs retrieved 11 Fertilized 6 discarded On Day 5 embryo we transferred 2 and froze 1. Then later tried another day 5 transfer. No pregnancies were achieved
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara Whipkey)
They were definitely hard to get a hold of. They usually got back to me the next day when I emailed them.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was efficient and little wait time. The monitoring appointments took 30 or so minutes. Pretty fast. Scheduling wasn’t an issue because I had a flexible schedule.
13,000 one time fresh transfer
They recommended one and they explained the risks between singletons and multiple pregnancy. I decided to do multiple.
+ Read more- Read less

I appreciate her [Dr. Houmard] big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care....The staff at SRM is really really great. They communicate well with me but also with each other. They are quick to respond and that was important to me. They explain options and protocols very well. They make this process a bit easier.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I appreciate her big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
Nothing to share. She's awesome.
They don't over book. Every time I'm there the attention is on me. The staff and Dr. Houmard are kind, attentive, quick to respond, and skilled.
I took bcp to start, then after suppression I started with 325 iu if follistim, 1 menopur powder and eventually added ganarelix/centrotide. I stimmed for 9 days, triggered with Lupron cd10, and retrieved on cd12. We retrieved 8 eggs. 6 were mature. All fertilized with icsI and 5 became blastocysts. We had great results with embryology. Very pleased.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alli and Summer )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM in Spokane is the best option in the inland northwest. I started my treatment at a different clinic in town and it was a bad experience. When coming to SRM the difference was clear. They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care.
Egg retrieval with icsi including monitoring was $13,715 We paid $3500 for each FET
She preferred to transfer one embryo at a time which is also or preference.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The moment I met her [Dr. Houmard] my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!... I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs.
They [SRM] have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing her partner the first round and he moved away and I was transferred to her service. I was nervous at first because I loved her partner as a doctor and hadn’t met her yet. The moment I met her my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!
I would recommend her and let them know they will be treated with the utmost respect and feel as though they’re her only patient because of the care she gives you.
She is very kind and she explains things to you so you can understand them. She holds your hand through it all and is extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs. It got pushed back a couple times because she wanted them to grow a little bit longer which was great. I was on an antagonist protocol. My medicines were menopur, gonal-f, oral estrace, endometrin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Walker)
My nurse is beyond exceptional. She actually stepped back and isn’t in charge of patients as much now but I consider her a huge part of my life and am so thankful for her. The entire nursing staff is amazing. They all know you and care to. They cheer you on and help with any problem or question you may have. They are kind and amazing at their jobs.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
They have an option to buy with an outside program called Attain. I chose to do this because I did the buy 3 refund option where if I don’t bring a baby home I am refunded all of my money, for $27,500. Also medication each round varies from 1,000-4,000.

PCOS, Unexplained
We don’t see Dr. Houmard every time we have an appointment but when do she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer our questions. She oversees each cycle and adjusts things as needed each time. We do see her for follow ups every few months and so far I am happy with our decision to use her as our doctor.... After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point.
Strengths would be that they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.... Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t except to see her with every single visit.
Dr. Houmard and her entire staff are very friendly and personable. They treat us like we are their only patients every time we are in the office!
After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point. She started me on a med that I can’t remember the name of but it gets you to start your period. I haven’t had to take this med again since then because my body has started on its own. Then she has me take 10mg of Letrozole for five days and then a couple days later in my cycle I give myself an 150 of GonalF that is suppose to trigger your follicles to grow. I usually will go in around cycle day 15 for an ultrasound to see if there are a follicle that is at the right size for for the next injection called Ovidrel which triggers your bony to ovulate. This is also all in conjunction with times intercourse. Three of my cycles we also did an IUI. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get pregnant yet but I can tell that my body is working correctly now and that gives me hope that it will happen eventually.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They are wonderful, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I couldn’t ask for a better office to be a patient at.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths would be that they don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.
Our insurance actually covered a lot more of our coats then I expected but it’s not cheap by any means. Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM. They are still about $160 for both the GonalF and Ovidrel. Semen analysis is only about $40 out of pocket. IUIs are not covered for us and we’re about $700 each. We are currently saving up for IVF that will be about $18,000 but will also be applying to finance about half of it.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. ... I found Dr H to be just what I was looking for- compassionate but honest. She didn’t sugar coat issues or lead us to believe a live birth was an absolute but she set realistic expectations- having suffered 8 miscarriages previously this was our last shot and she was on board with that and supported us the way we wanted and needed to be supported.
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest!!! Tell her everything- your history, experience, expectations, fears, needs, etc
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. She’s a member of my community and had things in common with my husband and I. She is also friends with both our former fertility doc and our current ob
We had already had several consultantatuons with other docs in Seattle and were familiar with what would be suggested for our treatment, retrieval, icsi, ohs, fet, and potential gestational carrier for future. Rpl and unexplained infertility, we knew that there could be no explanation and a bad outcome- dr H set these scenarios for us as well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
Sara was bad. Made some comments that weren’t appropriate for our experience, looked unprofessional, and ultimately sent the wrong order For my medications so I Over ordered and over paid which was bad. I asked to get a new nurse which SRM complied and apologized
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Around $30k total
Na

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
I think she [Dr. Brenda Houmard] is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think she is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point. Unfortunately as the patient at that point in time I did not know that those were routine things done at most practices to prevent poor outcomes. Perhaps if you are doing standard IVF or IUI with her, your treatment outcome might be better, but I do not recommend for those with more difficult problems to overcome. They lower the price of mini IVF, but don't actually do enough monitoring to make you successful.
Don't do mini IVF with her.
Dr. Houmard was empathetic throughout treatment until the last cycle. She was clear that due to diminished ovarian reserve treatment options with own egg might be limited. She was willing to treat us though she never offered to vary from one protocol. She also a few times gave extremely devastating information either via email, or over the phone without offering any followup.
Mini IVF- No baseline ultrasound or labs. Letrazole 5mg CD 3-7, Follistim 150 units CD 6-8. Start Ganirelix CD 8. No labs checked, ultrasound CD 9. Zero labs checked prior to retrieval. Ultrasound to measure follicle size only. Birth control pills for cycle batching (also bad for DOR). Results = all dismal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing care at the clinic was amazing. Very organized, always available. Very helpful in trying to explain the physician's rational if there was something I didn't understand.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Mini IVF cycle was $13,600, ultrasounds $330 unless you are a tech patient then they are $400.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Houmard] always followed up & checked in on us while we had to wait for the next time we did the IUIs. She clarified & answered questions we had when the IUIs didn’t work & as we headed into IVF she did the same. We transferred 1 frozen embryo last month & when we didn’t get pregnant she debriefed with us & encouraged us through the pain. I’m thankful she’s our doctor...She’s a kind & compassionate doctor that roots for you & your family the whole time. She did phone consults when I had questions & had caring answers for me. I appreciate how she took the time to ask if we needed clarification on the treatment or procedure. She was always happy to see us.
$13,000 for IVF plus $3,000-$5,000 meds [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]...The clinic is great! The front office staff is nice. The financial people were helpful. They always great us so warmly & kindly. It’s also very clean. They bathrooms are clean. They do a great job taking care of the office. The area when they do the retrievals is also very tidy & neat. It’s very sanitary. It’s a great place...[Nurses are] very nice & kind. They always took the time to help us & answer any questions.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you don’t want to feel like a number, she’d be the best choice.
She’s so caring and warm.
Dr. Houmard helped us find the best doctor to take out the fibroid she found when we tried to do the IUI the very first time. She helped & guided us through the best steps after. She always followed up & checked in on us while we had to wait for the next time we did the IUIs. She clarified & answered questions we had when the IUIs didn’t work & as we headed into IVF she did the same. We transferred 1 frozen embryo last month & when we didn’t get pregnant she debriefed with us & encouraged us through the pain. I’m thankful she’s our doctor.
They’re very nice & kind. They always took the time to help us & answer any questions.
$13,000 for IVF plus $3,000-$5,000 meds
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information.... She has compassion. But her communication lacks. She didn't even call after I said I got my period and the transfer didn't work. I have not spoken to her since day of transfer, where I was thrilled about her because she was so compassionate on that day. After that day it was like she forgot about me, which was disappointing.... It was just over.
They [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself.... She [nurse] was caring but as well a very bad communicator.... If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You have to be your own advocate. She will not keep you informed unless you constantly call the office to pry information.
Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information. She also did not call when I called and said I got my period. I talked to the nurse that day and never heard from anyone again. It was just over.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She was caring but as well a very bad communicator.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself. If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning it as you are going for your first experience. If there was more options in this area I am sure they would not be doing as well due to these factors.
Not the most affordable but their are not many options here and the know it.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Brenda Houmard] was very compassionate and kind about out situation. She was also very thorough during our consultation. She explained out options and all the details of the procedures. I am thankful for her...For each of my cycles I took clomid with an IUI. For three cycles we did not get pregnant. On my fourth cycle I produced 5 follicles. The team cancelled the IUI the next day due to medical complications that could occur to the five babies and myself. They suggested to take plan B. We declined taking plan B and prayed for a miracle. At the end of that cycle, I found out I was pregnant and only one egg took.
[SRM] is a family and they are so kind at every visit!...The entire staff was amazing!!! I appreciate them for their compassion, kindness, and support during each visit...Each cycle of clomid with IUI cost about $800...I believe the entire clinic was phenomenal...the team always shows compassion and love during each visit. I could communicate with them in the portal at any time and I would get quick responses...For each of my cycles I took clomid with an IUI. For three cycles we did not get pregnant. On my fourth cycle I produced 5 follicles. The team cancelled the IUI the next day due to medical complications that could occur to the five babies and myself. They suggested to take plan B. We declined taking plan B and prayed for a miracle. At the end of that cycle, I found out I was pregnant and only one egg took. Nurse
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Brenda was very compassionate and kind about out situation. She was also very thorough during our consultation. She explained out options and all the details of the procedures. I am thankful for her and her team.
Be patient because they know what they are doing
Arm is a family and they are so kind at every visit!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Destiny Johnson)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I believe the entire clinic was phenomenal. Even though going there meant my husband and I were still not pregnant and we needed to some assistance, the team always shows compassion and love during each visit. I could communicate with them in the portal at any time and I would get quick responses.
Each cycle of clomid with IUI cost about $800

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] took the time to sit down with me and explain every detail and answer all the questions I asked. I did not feel rushed when talking with her...is very compassionate and thorough. She wants you as the patient to be very informed so that you can make the best decisions possible. She takes the time to explain things multiple times if needed so that you can understand everything exactly. She will draw everything out for you on paper to help get a visual of your specific situation.
I have seen two ARNP’s [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], both were amazing and very thorough. Both showed compassion and went above and beyond answering my questions...$13,700 for the base IVF cycle. This does not include pre-screening appointments, tests or lab work, or medications, genetics, or parter screenings...Very organized. The only weakness I would say is waiting 10-15 minutes between being able to see each person during consultations. From Md to ARNP to MA to financial councilor, that transition wasn’t very smooth. Although i was able to always see who I needed, just had to wait.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Houmard is very compassionate and thorough. She wants you as the patient to be very informed so that you can make the best decisions possible. She takes the time to explain things multiple times if needed so that you can understand everything exactly. She will draw everything out for you on paper to help get a visual of your specific situation.
Be ready to receive a lot of information!!
She took the time to sit down with me and explain every detail and answer all the questions I asked. I did not feel rushed when talking with her.
I do not remember past protocols. I am about to undergo my first round of IVF after multiple failed stimulated cycles.
I have seen two ARNP’s, both were amazing and very thorough. Both showed compassion and went above and beyond answering my questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Houmard believes in transferring one embryo if chromosome testing has been done. She will allow two embryos if there has been no testing.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Houmard is clearly intelligent and does everything she can to understand the situation and approach it as calmly and as aggressively as needed. She listens to her patients and wants to fix problems that are fixable and then if they aren’t she comes up with a plan. She answers all questions in a kind manner and never makes you feel silly for asking something. She explains all test results fully and the implications of it all. She is clearly respected by her staff and we enjoy her immensely.
I truly only have great things to say about SRM. They are thorough, cooperative, collaborative, kind, and easy to communicate and work with. They have an online portal that helps you see test results and communicate with your team. From the moment you walk in, even the front desk staff is kind and welcoming. They make you feel as comfortable as they can.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask the questions that you’re afraid to ask. She will answer them and be honest, and not make you feel stupid.
Brenda cares about our desires to start a family and our lives as a whole not just medically.
Warm. Kind. Understanding. Welcoming. They know you never WANTED to end up there but somehow make you feel like going back.

Male Factor, Other
Before Each appointment she [Dr. Houmard] take the time to review our charts and write key notes on a word document for review along with the steps she recommends.... She Uses Visual aids to help explain Good at explaining next steps and hopes for treatments Listens and accepts our wants, even if they are outside of what she recommended originally Good at coordinating care with other providers out of clinic for continuity of care
No long wait times [at Seattle Reproductive Med] for getting appointments on time care in clinic responds to Patient Portal messages quickly & efficiently Clean nice exam rooms and office areas great staff overall good coordination of care with out of office providers... She [nurse] responds to messages quickly with all the info requested. She makes phone calls when necessary. She is compassionate about our situation and wishes us luck through each step.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Trust your provider but also do your own research so you have as much knowledge as possible.
Before Each appointment she take the time to review our charts and write key notes on a word document for review along with the steps she recommends. She uses visual charts and diagrams to help explain
IUI with 100mg of Clomid on days 3-7, with monitoring ultra sounds and 250 Ovidril injection for trigger. Semen sample provided morning of treatment 1 hour prior. NP/Nurse preforms IUI then home and proceed with normal activity
She responds to messages quickly with all the info requested. She makes phone calls when necessary. She is compassionate about our situation and wishes us luck through each step.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
No long wait times for getting appointments on time care in clinic responds to Patient Portal messages quickly & efficiently Clean nice exam rooms and office areas great staff overall good coordination of care with out of office providers
2004 Per IUI
not to this point yet
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Houmard] was very informative, nice and non-judgmental. The only reason we did not go forward with treatment was cost. My one complaint is that they suspected that we would never get pregnant natualy but did not 100% confirm why.... They did a HGS to confirm that one tube was damaged (ie ruptured in the past), It confirmed that but also confirmed the other one was not blocked. Blood tests were done and confirmed that my eggs were fine and that my husbands sperm was ok.
Clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was fine. HSG and sperm evaluation were both done on site which was nice and saved time. Nice building and fairly convent to our location.... They were very nice and made sure i understood the whole process that was occuring....our costs for evaluation were around $1500 out of pocket. We were told that if we did go through the IVF is would be base $13,000 to $25,000
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very informative, nice and non-judgmental. The only reason we did not go forward with treatment was cost. My one complaint is that they suspected that we would never get pregnant natualy but did not 100% confirm why.
Be financially ready to go through IVF.
They did a HGS to confirm that one tube was damaged (ie ruptured in the past), It confirmed that but also confirmed the other one was not blocked. Blood tests were done and confirmed that my eggs were fine and that my husbands sperm was ok. No other procedures were done b/c they said our best bet would be IVF.
Kind and informative.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic was fine. HSG and sperm evaluation were both done on site which was nice and saved time. Nice building and fairly convent to our location. Dont know if all treatments were going to be at the same place since we did not continue them.
They said they would only do 2 embryo transfers at a time.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
i felt she [Dr. Brenda Houmard] was informative but caring at the same time. She seemed optimistic and came up with a reasonable game plan without pushing IVF. We are currently waiting and doing just medicated cycles but feel comfortable moving forward as well...the first appointment is a little overwhelming...laparoscopic surgery for potential endometriosis. Letrozole 5mg cd 3-7 for 3 to 4 months after surgery. After that move toward IUI
Clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] seemed nice and quiet and they directed you to each station for the first appointment. It was a little overwhelming and would have liked to have more information about what all the first appointment would include...loved that i had a single nurse to go to and communicate with. Any time i emailed i received a response within a couple of hours...i felt she [Dr. Brenda Houmard] was informative but caring at the same time. She seemed optimistic and came up with a reasonable game plan without pushing IVF. We are currently waiting and doing just medicated cycles but feel comfortable moving forward as well.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
i felt she was informative but caring at the same time. She seemed optimistic and came up with a reasonable game plan without pushing IVF. We are currently waiting and doing just medicated cycles but feel comfortable moving forward as well.
the first appointment is a little overwhelming
Took the time to talk to us and explained everything in detail.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic seemed nice and quiet and they directed you to each station for the first appointment. It was a little overwhelming and would have liked to have more information about what all the first appointment would include
74 for blood draw and first appt

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Houmard] was straight forward and thorough. No fluff. I wanted a medical reason for our infertility and medical answers to my questions, not just answers that would make me feel better. She did exactly that.... Constant contact and easy to talk to. She would relate to us on a personal level.... [Eset Approach] We did both and were happy with both. Our daughter came from a multiple fet and I am current pregnant with twins from a multiple fet.
It [SRM] is very clean, organized, and easy to get to. Panera is right next door which is a bonus. There’s also a hotel across the street if you need to get sperm sample and are not comfortable on their rooms.... The first two nurses I had when I started at the clinic were my favorites - Angie and Kelly....She [Dr. Houmard] was straight forward and thorough. No fluff. I wanted a medical reason for our infertility and medical answers to my questions
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was straight forward and thorough. No fluff. I wanted a medical reason for our infertility and medical answers to my questions, not just answers that would make me feel better. She did exactly that.
Let her know exactly what your goals are and she’ll do everything in her power to help you achieve them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauryn Knoll)
The first two nurses I had when I started at the clinic were my favorites - Angie and Kelly. Lauryn was good, I just didn’t connect with her like I did with the others.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
LOVE the clinic! Wish it was closer to my home - it’s over an hour away. It is very clean, organized, and easy to get to. Panera is right next door which is a bonus. There’s also a hotel across the street if you need to get sperm sample and are not comfortable on their rooms.
One lump sum. Then medications on top of that.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Houmard is so caring and compassionate. She is honest and straight forward. I feel like I can trust her 100%. She understands how stressful infertility is and doesn't belittle the feelings that I have....I feel very well cared for.... I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor... The only thing I can say they didn't do was they didn't tell me I needed a full bladder for my uterine sounding so I went to the bathroom right before my appt
I feel like all the staff [Seattle Reproductive Med] is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.... I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go see her immediately lol
She is so compassionate and honest and caring and straight forward. I feel very well cared for.
I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor
I really appreciate my nurse Sara. The only downside is that she is now my third nurse. I feel that shows a lack of continuity.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like all the staff is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.
I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
She said based on my age and health that we can choose to transfer 1 to 2 with a goal of a singleton pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

A great experience. She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers...Be open and clear on your expectations. If you have questions or concerns vocalize them. Brenda will take the time to clearly answer your questions.
Drugs ($500) and initial testing ($200) were largely covered by insurance. IVF appointments, retrieval, and transfer were not covered ($13,000)...We never waited more than 5 minutes at anytime. Clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was clean and comfortable. Good location...A great experience. She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
A great experience. She explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers.
She was sincere and really took the time to answer all our questions and teach us about the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
All wonderful. Again took the time to listen to our questions and then explain clearly their answers. Knew our names and case.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We never waited more than 5 minutes at anytime. Clinic was clean and comfortable. Good location.
We were strongly encouraged to just do a single transfer due to my wife's age and overall health. If we wanted to do multiple Brenda was willing to, but wanted to be clear on the risks. We opted just to do one, and it was the right decision.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr Brenda Houmard was] friendly and knowledgeable...I had already done several iui attempts with local gyn that included letrozole, clomid and trigger hcg shots to no avail, so when I got to Dr. Houmard [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I was ready for IVF. Did birth control to suppress then several meds to stimulate them retrieval then 3 day transfer, only one egg turned into transferrable embryo. But it worked and had a great pregnancy and healthy boy...5000 for meds, 24000 for the package I bought which was through attain and if I wasn't successful I would have gotten 50% back, two IVF cycles and endless transfers.
Friendly and knowledgeable.
Don't give up on the dream
I had already done several iui attempts with local gyn that included letrozole, clomid and trigger hcg shots to no avail, so when I got to Dr. Houmard I was ready for IVF. Did birth control to suppress then several meds to stimulate them retrieval then 3 day transfer, only one egg turned into transferrable embryo. But it worked and had a great pregnancy and healthy boy.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Far away, 3 hour drive for me.
+ Read more- Read less

My husband and I left the clinic feeling more at ease because she explained and broke down in steps what she thinks we need to have done as far as treatment. We both felt very comfortable with her. We Felt very nervous as we walked in because we did not know what our dr was going to tell us. But Dr Brenda Houmard made us feel like we had hope...Will explain and go in to every little detail even with pen and paper meaning drawing out to show you and example until you fully understand. She will make you feel like there is Hope.
The costs associated with my care under [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] were reasonable. My first visit we paid about $370 that also Included some blood work that needed to be done...I don’t think there are any weaknesses at this clinic. Even though it was my first time going. I think everything was perfect. Everyone was so nice and seemed like they cared. They made you feel at ease and knew exactly what they were talking about. And will explain to you until you fully understand. After your consult with your dr you will get to to through each office and meet each coordinator. They are all great.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
As a patient with Dr Brenda Houmard was a great experience. My husband and I left the clinic feeling more at ease because she explained and broke down in steps what she thinks we need to have done as far as treatment. We both felt very comfortable with her. We Felt very nervous as we walked in because we did not know what our dr was going to tell us. But Dr Brenda Houmard made us feel like we had hope. We got some an ideas of what could have been the possibilities of why we haven’t been able to conceive. She explained everything so thoroughly and specific. I would definitely recommend family and friends that are struggling with infertility to this office and with Dr Brenda Houmard.
To not feel nervous or doubtful, because Dr Brenda Houmard. Will explain and go in to every little detail even with pen and paper meaning drawing out to show you and example until you fully understand. She will make you feel like there is Hope.
Once we arrived Brenda Greeted us both with such a Nicely manner. She then sat down with us and went over what she thinks we need to do to try and conceive. She specified everything great and in detail until we understood. She was so patient and understanding. I would definitely recommend family and friends struggling with fertility to this office and Dr Brenda.
My husband and I just had our first consultation with Dr Brenda Houmard. So we yet have any results.
I think my husband and I only met 2 nurses if I recall. But they were both very nice and showed so much compassion. Also explained everything down to detail until we understood. They should keep up the great work.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs associated with my care under Donter Brenda Houmard were reasonable. My first visit we paid about $370 that also Included some blood work that needed to be done.

Endometriosis, Other
I have horrible endometriosis and tubal blockage she [Dr. Brenda Houmard] told me that, those are things we can work with. I’m a little scared when she told me that it might take up to four try’s to get pregnant (I’m only 25) but I have huge faith that it will work out in the end...told me that I would need to go through ifv. So I would need to go on hormones and go through lots of blood work and egg removal strategies...she would only transfer one embryo at a time because of how young I am
When I have set backs she [nurse at SRM is] always understanding. She makes time to check on me and make sure. Everything is going okay and to see when I’ll be ready to start...For your first round of treatment ifv Was 13,000 for egg removal and transfer Another 5000 for freezing 2000 for medicine And 5000 for additional rounds...The clinic in Spokane is beautiful, very neat and organized. The only issue I’ve seen through driving by or going with friends is that the girls just need to remember to smile.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Brenda Houmard is a very kind and caring person. My experience with her was all over the phone because of how much I work. She was kind and compassionate. I was planning under going ifv in fall of 18 when I had some unfortunate events. Brenda let me switch everything around. I have horrible endometriosis and tubal blockage she told me that, those are things we can work with. I’m a little scared when she told me that it might take up to four try’s to get pregnant (I’m only 25) but I have huge faith that it will work out in the end.
Just be sweet and be completely honest about what you want done and the issues you are having.
She took the time to actually understand what was going on with my body. And had empathy for me.
Brenda told me that I would need to go through ifv. So I would need to go on hormones and go through lots of blood work and egg removal strategies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
When I have set backs she always understanding. She makes time to check on me and make sure. Everything is going okay and to see when I’ll be ready to start.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Fertility isn’t cheap. Be prepared to get get a huge bill if your insurance donest cover it. The clinic in Spokane is beautiful, very neat and organized. The only issue I’ve seen through driving by or going with friends is that the girls just need to remember to smile.
She told me she would only transfer one embryo at a time because of how young I am
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Houmard is very personable and doesn’t rush through appointments. She explains everything very well and has a great bedside manner...I initially started with a different provider but he left and Dr. Houmard took over. I was extremely anxious about this because the initial provider had been there for the consult. He left the practice though. When I first met her she immediately put my mind to ease. Again, she doesn’t rush you or make you feel crazy for asking a million questions. She’s really amazing.
The nursing staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is out of this world! They are genuinely nice and compassionate individuals...I believe we paid around $159 each cycle for medications and the IUI’s were $200 each cycle...The clinic is very organized. The only issue I ever had was when they were training a new receptionist and she was having some issues with making an appointment. Other than that I’ve had zero issues.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go in with your questions written down do you don’t forget while there.
Once we consulted with the provider it was decided that IUI would be our first course of treatment. I was put on clomid and a trigger shot. IUi was unsuccessful, we continued with the same course for the next two. I had incredibly intense mood swings and because intensely emotional using the clomid so they switched it to letrozol for the remaining inseminations.
The nursing staff is out of this world! They are genuinely nice and compassionate individuals.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Houmard] had me come in for constant monitoring to make sure everything was going okay...She cared about the costs. She was more concerned about what you are going to have to pay than what benefitted her...She cared about what I had to say and my opinion and created a treatment plan with my input...She is gentle, welcoming...She explains everything to you and cares about your thoughts and opinions. When she talks to you she isn’t staring at a computer or a piece of paper. She is actually talking to you.
She [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] responded to my emails in the same day. She made charts of my treatment plan and explained things in depth...Strengths include being Friendly, on time, clean, welcoming, caring. You are able to get an appointment fairly soon. The weakness would be the phone systems. There are multiple locations and it’s hard to talk to someone from the office you go to unless you have a direct number
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is gentle, welcoming and shows that she cares. She explains everything to you and cares about your thoughts and opinions. When she talks to you she isn’t staring at a computer or a piece of paper. She is actually talking to you.
Trust her and don’t be afraid to speak up
She had me come in for constant monitoring to make sure everything was going okay. When explains what my ovaries were doing she would draw it out so I could visual see what she was talking about
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
She responded to my emails in the same day. She made charts of my treatment plan and explained things in depth.

2016 - 2019
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Houmard was up front and honest about what we were dealing with. It was never a guessing game and we felt assured along the way that she was guiding us with the right decisions...was kind, straight forward, and courteous. We never felt like we weren’t in charge of our cycle , and always felt assured we were making smart decisions thanks to her guidance . We would not hesitate to see her again for the next round
They [nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] were always great, never kept us waiting...The clinic is great . efficient , clean , and the staff is all very nice. However The clinic is difficult to get a hold of on the phone because you have to go through a call center so get a direct line when you go in for your consult...Our insurance allowed for fairly good coverage. dr Houmard gave us all options as cost was still an issue for us even with insurance
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard was kind, straight forward, and courteous. We never felt like we weren’t in charge of our cycle , and always felt assured we were making smart decisions thanks to her guidance . We would not hesitate to see her again for the next round
She is willing to give you all the options if you ask
We went to see a male specialist in Seattle to undergo some treatment for my husband under her recommendation. We also only transferred one embryo and resulted with a perfect baby boy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
They were always great, never kept us waiting.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She laid out the facts, and statistics about the differences
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Houmard is very understanding about what you are going through. She will go through you and your spouses medical history to determine where the problem may lie. She will go through all treatment routes as well.... Dr Houmard is very easy going and will make sure you know exactly what is going on and how to fix it.... My clinics [Seattle Reproductive Medicine- Spokane Valley] stregths were that we were able to get into an appointment very quickly and easy. They have a great team set up to help with Financial counseling and help you get everything set up. I don’t think there was any weaknesses. And I think that any patient would love to come here to be able to get the best care possible.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Houmard will break it all down for you.
They want to make sure you are under the right care and have all questions answered.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My clinics stregths were that we were able to get into an appointment very quickly and easy. They have a great team set up to help with Financial counseling and help you get everything set up. I don’t think there was any weaknesses. And I think that any patient would love to come here to be able to get the best care possible.