Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Wisconsin
15920 E. Indiana Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
509-321-5560
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brenda Houmard to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
She [Dr. Houmard] talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.... She made a diagram of the reasons a couple could have trouble getting pregnant and crossed out categories based on our medical history. It gave us a clearer picture to move forward with treatment. I never felt pressured to choose one type of treatment versus another.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She did a great job explaining our options
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I am still currently in my first IUI cycle. We started with clomid 100mg days 3-7. We did a follicle scan on day 12 and I had one follicle on each ovary. One measured 12mm and the other 9mm. I have to go back in on cycle day 16 for another US because the want at least only follicle greater than 20mm to do the trigger shot. Still waiting to get my second US.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Steph)
She was very welcoming when we met with her. She was prompt when responding to portal messages and gave me option when I was having a hard time getting records to her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we had our consultation each staff member took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Genetic testing for carrier status was $350 ( mine was negative so we didn’t need to test my husband. Consultation was about $250. HSG was $850. Semen anaylsis was $125. HCG trigger shot was $70. Clomid was $20. Follicle scan was $300. And the IUI with sperm washing is $650
Spokane Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

I appreciate her [Dr. Houmard] big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I appreciate her big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
Nothing to share. She's awesome.
They don't over book. Every time I'm there the attention is on me. The staff and Dr. Houmard are kind, attentive, quick to respond, and skilled.
I took bcp to start, then after suppression I started with 325 iu if follistim, 1 menopur powder and eventually added ganarelix/centrotide. I stimmed for 9 days, triggered with Lupron cd10, and retrieved on cd12. We retrieved 8 eggs. 6 were mature. All fertilized with icsI and 5 became blastocysts. We had great results with embryology. Very pleased.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alli and Summer )
The staff at SRM is really really great. They communicate well with me but also with each other. They are quick to respond and that was important to me. They explain options and protocols very well. They make this process a bit easier.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM in Spokane is the best option in the inland northwest. I started my treatment at a different clinic in town and it was a bad experience. When coming to SRM the difference was clear. They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care.
Egg retrieval with icsi including monitoring was $13,715 We paid $3500 for each FET
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She preferred to transfer one embryo at a time which is also or preference.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The moment I met her [Dr. Houmard] my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!... I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing her partner the first round and he moved away and I was transferred to her service. I was nervous at first because I loved her partner as a doctor and hadn’t met her yet. The moment I met her my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!
I would recommend her and let them know they will be treated with the utmost respect and feel as though they’re her only patient because of the care she gives you.
She is very kind and she explains things to you so you can understand them. She holds your hand through it all and is extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs. It got pushed back a couple times because she wanted them to grow a little bit longer which was great. I was on an antagonist protocol. My medicines were menopur, gonal-f, oral estrace, endometrin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Walker)
My nurse is beyond exceptional. She actually stepped back and isn’t in charge of patients as much now but I consider her a huge part of my life and am so thankful for her. The entire nursing staff is amazing. They all know you and care to. They cheer you on and help with any problem or question you may have. They are kind and amazing at their jobs.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
They have an option to buy with an outside program called Attain. I chose to do this because I did the buy 3 refund option where if I don’t bring a baby home I am refunded all of my money, for $27,500. Also medication each round varies from 1,000-4,000.

PCOS, Unexplained
We don’t see Dr. Houmard every time we have an appointment but when do she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer our questions. She oversees each cycle and adjusts things as needed each time. We do see her for follow ups every few months and so far I am happy with our decision to use her as our doctor.... After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t except to see her with every single visit.
Dr. Houmard and her entire staff are very friendly and personable. They treat us like we are their only patients every time we are in the office!
After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point. She started me on a med that I can’t remember the name of but it gets you to start your period. I haven’t had to take this med again since then because my body has started on its own. Then she has me take 10mg of Letrozole for five days and then a couple days later in my cycle I give myself an 150 of GonalF that is suppose to trigger your follicles to grow. I usually will go in around cycle day 15 for an ultrasound to see if there are a follicle that is at the right size for for the next injection called Ovidrel which triggers your bony to ovulate. This is also all in conjunction with times intercourse. Three of my cycles we also did an IUI. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get pregnant yet but I can tell that my body is working correctly now and that gives me hope that it will happen eventually.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They are wonderful, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I couldn’t ask for a better office to be a patient at.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths would be that they don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.
Our insurance actually covered a lot more of our coats then I expected but it’s not cheap by any means. Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM. They are still about $160 for both the GonalF and Ovidrel. Semen analysis is only about $40 out of pocket. IUIs are not covered for us and we’re about $700 each. We are currently saving up for IVF that will be about $18,000 but will also be applying to finance about half of it.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. ... I found Dr H to be just what I was looking for- compassionate but honest. She didn’t sugar coat issues or lead us to believe a live birth was an absolute but she set realistic expectations- having suffered 8 miscarriages previously this was our last shot and she was on board with that and supported us the way we wanted and needed to be supported.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest!!! Tell her everything- your history, experience, expectations, fears, needs, etc
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. She’s a member of my community and had things in common with my husband and I. She is also friends with both our former fertility doc and our current ob
We had already had several consultantatuons with other docs in Seattle and were familiar with what would be suggested for our treatment, retrieval, icsi, ohs, fet, and potential gestational carrier for future. Rpl and unexplained infertility, we knew that there could be no explanation and a bad outcome- dr H set these scenarios for us as well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
Sara was bad. Made some comments that weren’t appropriate for our experience, looked unprofessional, and ultimately sent the wrong order For my medications so I Over ordered and over paid which was bad. I asked to get a new nurse which SRM complied and apologized
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Around $30k total
Na

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
I think she [Dr. Brenda Houmard] is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think she is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point. Unfortunately as the patient at that point in time I did not know that those were routine things done at most practices to prevent poor outcomes. Perhaps if you are doing standard IVF or IUI with her, your treatment outcome might be better, but I do not recommend for those with more difficult problems to overcome. They lower the price of mini IVF, but don't actually do enough monitoring to make you successful.
Don't do mini IVF with her.
Dr. Houmard was empathetic throughout treatment until the last cycle. She was clear that due to diminished ovarian reserve treatment options with own egg might be limited. She was willing to treat us though she never offered to vary from one protocol. She also a few times gave extremely devastating information either via email, or over the phone without offering any followup.
Mini IVF- No baseline ultrasound or labs. Letrazole 5mg CD 3-7, Follistim 150 units CD 6-8. Start Ganirelix CD 8. No labs checked, ultrasound CD 9. Zero labs checked prior to retrieval. Ultrasound to measure follicle size only. Birth control pills for cycle batching (also bad for DOR). Results = all dismal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing care at the clinic was amazing. Very organized, always available. Very helpful in trying to explain the physician's rational if there was something I didn't understand.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Mini IVF cycle was $13,600, ultrasounds $330 unless you are a tech patient then they are $400.
Spokane Valley

She [Dr. Houmard] always followed up & checked in on us while we had to wait for the next time we did the IUIs. She clarified & answered questions we had when the IUIs didn’t work & as we headed into IVF she did the same. We transferred 1 frozen embryo last month & when we didn’t get pregnant she debriefed with us & encouraged us through the pain. I’m thankful she’s our doctor...She’s a kind & compassionate doctor that roots for you & your family the whole time. She did phone consults when I had questions & had caring answers for me. I appreciate how she took the time to ask if we needed clarification on the treatment or procedure. She was always happy to see us.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you don’t want to feel like a number, she’d be the best choice.
She’s so caring and warm.
Dr. Houmard helped us find the best doctor to take out the fibroid she found when we tried to do the IUI the very first time. She helped & guided us through the best steps after. She always followed up & checked in on us while we had to wait for the next time we did the IUIs. She clarified & answered questions we had when the IUIs didn’t work & as we headed into IVF she did the same. We transferred 1 frozen embryo last month & when we didn’t get pregnant she debriefed with us & encouraged us through the pain. I’m thankful she’s our doctor.
They’re very nice & kind. They always took the time to help us & answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is great! The front office staff is nice. The financial people were helpful. They always great us so warmly & kindly. It’s also very clean. They bathrooms are clean. They do a great job taking care of the office. The area when they do the retrievals is also very tidy & neat. It’s very sanitary. It’s a great place.
$13,000 for IVF plus $3,000-$5,000 meds
Spokane Valley

Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information.... She has compassion. But her communication lacks. She didn't even call after I said I got my period and the transfer didn't work. I have not spoken to her since day of transfer, where I was thrilled about her because she was so compassionate on that day. After that day it was like she forgot about me, which was disappointing.... It was just over.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You have to be your own advocate. She will not keep you informed unless you constantly call the office to pry information.
Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information. She also did not call when I called and said I got my period. I talked to the nurse that day and never heard from anyone again. It was just over.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She was caring but as well a very bad communicator.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself. If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning it as you are going for your first experience. If there was more options in this area I am sure they would not be doing as well due to these factors.
Not the most affordable but their are not many options here and the know it.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Houmard is clearly intelligent and does everything she can to understand the situation and approach it as calmly and as aggressively as needed. She listens to her patients and wants to fix problems that are fixable and then if they aren’t she comes up with a plan. She answers all questions in a kind manner and never makes you feel silly for asking something. She explains all test results fully and the implications of it all. She is clearly respected by her staff and we enjoy her immensely.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask the questions that you’re afraid to ask. She will answer them and be honest, and not make you feel stupid.
Brenda cares about our desires to start a family and our lives as a whole not just medically.
Warm. Kind. Understanding. Welcoming. They know you never WANTED to end up there but somehow make you feel like going back.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I truly only have great things to say about SRM. They are thorough, cooperative, collaborative, kind, and easy to communicate and work with. They have an online portal that helps you see test results and communicate with your team. From the moment you walk in, even the front desk staff is kind and welcoming. They make you feel as comfortable as they can.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Houmard is so caring and compassionate. She is honest and straight forward. I feel like I can trust her 100%. She understands how stressful infertility is and doesn't belittle the feelings that I have....I feel very well cared for.... I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor... The only thing I can say they didn't do was they didn't tell me I needed a full bladder for my uterine sounding so I went to the bathroom right before my appt
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go see her immediately lol
She is so compassionate and honest and caring and straight forward. I feel very well cared for.
I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara Whipkey)
I really appreciate my nurse Sara. The only downside is that she is now my third nurse. I feel that shows a lack of continuity.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like all the staff is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.
I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
She said based on my age and health that we can choose to transfer 1 to 2 with a goal of a singleton pregnancy.
Spokane Valley

A great experience. She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers...Be open and clear on your expectations. If you have questions or concerns vocalize them. Brenda will take the time to clearly answer your questions.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
A great experience. She explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers.
She was sincere and really took the time to answer all our questions and teach us about the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
All wonderful. Again took the time to listen to our questions and then explain clearly their answers. Knew our names and case.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We never waited more than 5 minutes at anytime. Clinic was clean and comfortable. Good location.
Drugs ($500) and initial testing ($200) were largely covered by insurance. IVF appointments, retrieval, and transfer were not covered ($13,000)
We were strongly encouraged to just do a single transfer due to my wife's age and overall health. If we wanted to do multiple Brenda was willing to, but wanted to be clear on the risks. We opted just to do one, and it was the right decision.
Spokane Valley

[Dr Brenda Houmard was] friendly and knowledgeable...I had already done several iui attempts with local gyn that included letrozole, clomid and trigger hcg shots to no avail, so when I got to Dr. Houmard [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I was ready for IVF. Did birth control to suppress then several meds to stimulate them retrieval then 3 day transfer, only one egg turned into transferrable embryo. But it worked and had a great pregnancy and healthy boy...5000 for meds, 24000 for the package I bought which was through attain and if I wasn't successful I would have gotten 50% back, two IVF cycles and endless transfers.
Friendly and knowledgeable.
Don't give up on the dream
I had already done several iui attempts with local gyn that included letrozole, clomid and trigger hcg shots to no avail, so when I got to Dr. Houmard I was ready for IVF. Did birth control to suppress then several meds to stimulate them retrieval then 3 day transfer, only one egg turned into transferrable embryo. But it worked and had a great pregnancy and healthy boy.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Far away, 3 hour drive for me.
Spokane Valley

Dr Houmard is very understanding about what you are going through. She will go through you and your spouses medical history to determine where the problem may lie. She will go through all treatment routes as well.... Dr Houmard is very easy going and will make sure you know exactly what is going on and how to fix it.... My clinics [Seattle Reproductive Medicine- Spokane Valley] stregths were that we were able to get into an appointment very quickly and easy. They have a great team set up to help with Financial counseling and help you get everything set up. I don’t think there was any weaknesses. And I think that any patient would love to come here to be able to get the best care possible.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Houmard will break it all down for you.
They want to make sure you are under the right care and have all questions answered.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My clinics stregths were that we were able to get into an appointment very quickly and easy. They have a great team set up to help with Financial counseling and help you get everything set up. I don’t think there was any weaknesses. And I think that any patient would love to come here to be able to get the best care possible.