Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Wisconsin
15920 E. Indiana Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
509-321-5560
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brenda Houmard to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2019 - 2020
What I liked about Brenda Houmard in comparison to my last RE was that it felt as though she actively listened to the questions and concerns my husband and I had and then attempted to answer as thoroughly as she could. ... We did ICSI due to previous male infertility issues (which have been resolved), but wanted remove risks of reduced fertilization rates in case there is an unknown issue with sperm penetration capability.
HOWEVER, it's beyond frustrating that they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] batch all their procedures so you're constantly manipulating your cycle in order to sync up to a timeline with other patients. When I needed a D&C, they couldn't do it because they weren't "in cycle" so their surgery center wasn't operating, that's a time sensitive deal and I can't just wait around for it.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What I liked about Brenda Houmard in comparison to my last RE was that it felt as though she actively listened to the questions and concerns my husband and I had and then attempted to answer as thoroughly as she could. I wish she was more active in our protocols but I fit a very general mold that doesn't require extra oversight. Overall I enjoy being her patient because she shows a lot of compassion towards you and you can tell she's genuinely trying to help you succeed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
As a doctor she's wonderful and will take the time to listen to all your worries.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
In phone conversations with her she's very friendly but there were a few times that I had to correct her on information about my treatment protocol and outcomes as though she didn't thoroughly read my chart beforehand. I don't think she gets to know her patients an a deeper personal level due to the size of the clinic.
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 9 days of Stims; 225iu of Gonal F, 150iu of Menopur. I also did 5 days of .25mg Cetrotide and 1000mg HCG trigger shot on day 10. I fit a very standard mold with no known issues with egg production which is why I believe they chose this protocol. We did ICSI due to previous male infertility issues (which have been resolved), but wanted remove risks of reduced fertilization rates in case there is an unknown issue with sperm penetration capability. We did not PGS test because Dr. Houmard said we're young and healthy and there wasn't a need. For our FET-they do medicated cycles. I was on Estrace 3x/day for 21 days and PIO shots for 5 days leading up to the frozen transfer. And then continued meds after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I've felt frustrated because often times when I ask a question I get a response along the lines of "I'll have to ask about that". Also due to office protocols, it can be very difficult to get ahold of the nurse in a timely manner. Often you're leaving a voicemail or sending portal messages. It is nice that when your assigned nurse isn't on shift, other nurses will answer your portal messages or voicemails. It seems there's a lack of consistency though, half the time my lab results aren't released in the portal so I can't see my levels and makes me wonder why they have that option if they aren't going to utilize it. The nurses in the surgery center were beyond wonderful and I highly recommend them, they seemed very knowledgeable on all topics and questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My biggest issue with this clinic is that since they're a large organization it's hard to get through to exactly whom you want to talk to. If you want to make an appt, you don't actually take to the scheduling coordinator at your location, rather it's a communal hub of schedulers. I really feel like a number with the clinic as a whole because all their standard operating procedures are so generalized. A positive is that they have several locations and doctors on staff so they can accommodate you slightly easier than other offices. HOWEVER, it's beyond frustrating that they batch all their procedures so you're constantly manipulating your cycle in order to sync up to a timeline with other patients. When I needed a D&C, they couldn't do it because they weren't "in cycle" so their surgery center wasn't operating, that's a time sensitive deal and I can't just wait around for it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Egg retrieval and fresh transfer: $13650 IVF Meds: $4500 FET: $4000 FET Meds: $1000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I do a lot of out of town monitoring, which means I usually am contacting my nurse for results or asking for elaboration on things which can get tiring.
Spokane Valley

Dr Houmard has done only one procedure but we met with her for our consult and she was great. She went over all our test results and laid out all of our options. She made us feel like we had some control over the situation and she gave us the facts in a straight forward but gentle way...We proceeded with IUI nearly or first month after our consult...I went in for an ultrasound to look at the follicles. The first month we had 3 follicles so they explained the risk of multiples but we decided to proceed. I did a trigger shot of Ovidrel and went the next day for IUI. My husband's sperm sample was excellent but it was a failed round. The next month was very similar but we had 4 follicles and proceeded.
Christie [nurse at SRM] did my HSG and I was a wreck. I had heard it was a painful procedure and of course I was just emotional from the process of infertility. I started sobbing before she began and she was so kind, she walked me through the whole thing and empathized with my situation. She's done a few other exams and procedures and I always feel very comfortable with her...IUI is about $1000 per cycle. Our consult was about $300.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Try to be patient and kind to yourself during this process. It is a long and difficult process so surround yourself with as much support as you can get.
Clinic is always running on time, my nurse care manager always calls back the same day to answer any questions I have, and they always take their time and strive to make us as comfortable as possible.
We proceeded with IUI nearly or first month after our consult. I took 2 250mg tablets of Clomid for 5 days starting CD3. CD12 I went in for an ultrasound to look at the follicles. The first month we had 3 follicles so they explained the risk of multiples but we decided to proceed. I did a trigger shot of Ovidrel and went the next day for IUI. My husband's sperm sample was excellent but it was a failed round. The next month was very similar but we had 4 follicles and proceeded.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christie Hume)
Christie did my HSG and I was a wreck. I had heard it was a painful procedure and of course I was just emotional from the process of infertility. I started sobbing before she began and she was so kind, she walked me through the whole thing and empathized with my situation. She's done a few other exams and procedures and I always feel very comfortable with her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I would say the only weakness so far is that I'm not pregnant but that's not their fault. Strengths include great communication, flexible scheduling (even the day before for procedures), limited Saturday hours, and a kind staff.
IUI is about $1000 per cycle. Our consult was about $300.
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Spokane Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Houmard was friendly and warming. She was straight to the point of infertility, but kindly explained everything in detail and answered any questions that me husband or I had. She went over every option and really took her time during our appointment. She’s incredibly knowledgeable...We never went over specifics of protocols, for our appointment it was focusing on why we couldn’t get pregnant and what to do moving forward before we do treatments...She was considerate of everything we brought to her attention, including my husbands hesitancy to do treatment. Incredibly kind but right to the point. She really explains everything too.
Destiny [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] always checks up on me and makes sure everyone is on the same plan. She’s a great communicator and is calming and friendly...My husbands semen analysis was $110. Ultrasound was $130...the clinic is very skilled in what they do...The financial advisor is understanding, and helps you look for options at what to do for treatment pricing and what’s covered by insurance and what’s no covered. Everyone is super helpful...The team is all really nice, but it’s incredibly overwhelming. Go into your appointment knowing that it will be overwhelming.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard was friendly and warming. She was straight to the point of infertility, but kindly explained everything in detail and answered any questions that me husband or I had. She went over every option and really took her time during our appointment. She’s incredibly knowledgeable .
Ask all of your questions, let her know how you’re feeling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
Destiny always checks up on me and makes sure everyone is on the same plan. She’s a great communicator and is calming and friendly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The team is all really nice, but it’s incredibly overwhelming. Go into your appointment knowing that it will be overwhelming. You’re discussing intimate details of both you and your partner and your health, finances, and what you want in the future related to children. It’s tough. It will be ok though, let them know how you’re feeling along the way. Take a deep breath because the clinic is very skilled in what they do, Dr. Houmard is a little intimidating but she’s incredibly smart and knows her stuff. The financial advisor is understanding, and helps you look for options at what to do for treatment pricing and what’s covered by insurance and what’s no covered. Everyone is super helpful.
First consult appointment was $275 I believe. My husbands semen analysis was $110. Ultrasound was $130.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
I do not ovulate on my own, so [Dr. Houmard] used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix...does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible...She has a very warm heart and you can tell that this was her calling in life. She is very up front and wants you to know everything that is going on. There hasn't been a time that I've came to her with a question or concern and she has not been able to address it in a timely manner, if not right then and there.
Overall the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You need to have an open mind and know that she has the best intentions when treating you.
Dr.Houmard does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible.
I do not ovulate on my own, so we used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Everyone in the staff is a thousand times more compassionate that I could ever ask for. We have had some bumps in the road, but any time we have ever needed an answer to something, we get a response very quick. Any time labs are completed, 4/5 times we get the results the same day. Stephanie is just the most amazing nurse on the face of the Earth!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
The initial evaluation is about $300.00 (covered by insurance), HSG procedure was approximately $700 (all but $100 was covered by insurance), IUI procedure is $375 (covered by insurance) and washing of sperm was $125 paid OOP.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Houmard wanted to know my husband and I as people before she looked at our diagnosis’s. She went over every aspect of our charts and made notes as she talked with us. It was so refreshing that she didn’t just look at our problem list and assume she knew us based on that. I left with visit feeling so informed and hopefully for the first time in a very long time.... She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
This clinic [Seattle Reproductive Med] is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care....The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very intelligent, knowledgeable and kind. She never assumed anything about us or what we might already know. She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
Be open and honest. You are a person to her, not just a person struggling to have a child
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Our nurse Stephanie is absolutely wonderful! She answers whatever questions we have in detail, with compassion and promptly. She is so good to us.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care.
The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options. Best of all we have a great handout as to what everything would cost us and he went over it in great detail. It’s very overwhelming but having all these tools at our fingertips was definitely helpful
Dr. Houmard was very honest about our options. She let us know the risks to the babies and myself. She left it completely up to us. We felt very informed and comfortable making a safest decision for our family
Spokane Valley

Same as before, Brenda [Houmard] really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand. ... she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
Front desk [SRM] wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. ... Everyone from the nurses, to the phlebotomist, to the financial counselor was absolutely wonderful. I felt at home in this clinic. Like a person and not a number. ... Not only did Dr. Houmard’s staff go above and beyond, but she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Same as before, Brenda really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand.
Make sure you have all of your questions ready and don’t be afraid to give her a heads up or write a little letter explaining yourself. I went from seeing a doctor who acted like I was just a product on a conveyor belt to someone who truly seemed to care about our situation.
All of our previously medicated cycles were with our first RE. So far we have planned IVF with Dr. Houmard twice. The first Time was cancelled because we were able to conceive naturally however lost that 4th pregnancy early like all the rest. We are set for meds to start the beginning of March and retrieval at the end of March.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie, Alli, Summer (there have been so many) )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Front desk wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. Maybe needs some time to warm up to patients? But as front desk, they are the face of the company. They should be warm and friendly when you first arrive. Won’t stop me from going though!
Cost with all appointments at Brenda’s office was quoted a base price of $18,500. If my monitoring appointments were done in my home town in a Montana, our cost went down to around $12,500 with her office.
Spokane Valley

She [Dr. Houmard] talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.... She made a diagram of the reasons a couple could have trouble getting pregnant and crossed out categories based on our medical history. It gave us a clearer picture to move forward with treatment. I never felt pressured to choose one type of treatment versus another.
When we had our consultation each staff member [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic... Genetic testing for carrier status was $350 ( mine was negative so we didn’t need to test my husband. Consultation was about $250. HSG was $850. Semen anaylsis was $125. HCG trigger shot was $70. Clomid was $20. Follicle scan was $300. And the IUI with sperm washing is $650
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She did a great job explaining our options
She talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.
I am still currently in my first IUI cycle. We started with clomid 100mg days 3-7. We did a follicle scan on day 12 and I had one follicle on each ovary. One measured 12mm and the other 9mm. I have to go back in on cycle day 16 for another US because the want at least only follicle greater than 20mm to do the trigger shot. Still waiting to get my second US.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Steph)
She was very welcoming when we met with her. She was prompt when responding to portal messages and gave me option when I was having a hard time getting records to her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we had our consultation each staff member took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
[Dr. Brena Houmard] was exactly what we were hoping for during our initial consultation. She listened, reviewed our records and provided us with her honest recommendation for action...She showed compassion. was honest and respects our timeline and interest in fast-tracking the process. She is flexible and her team is super communicative in answering all of our questions and taking their time to speak with us - we never felt rushed...She showed compassion. was honest and respects our timeline and interest in fast-tracking the process. She is flexible and her team is super communicative in answering all of our questions and taking their time to speak with us - we never felt rushed.
Everyone in the office [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is friendly and available. The location of the office is super easy to get to and is very clean and organized. For being the only facility in the Spokane area that my insurance was aligned to, I am extremely satisfied with my selection... They are flexible with scheduling, speaking and providing next steps. I am extremely happy with our decision to work with SRM Spokane Valley...I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis and after agreeing with Dr. Houmard that IVF would be the best next step in our infertility journey, she recommended that I get back on birth control as soon as possible, to alleviate my pain from the Endometriosis symptoms. We then both got our blood work tested for genetic disorders and are now on our way to preparing for our egg retrieval.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Brenda was everything that you could hope for as your doctor. She showed compassion. was honest and respects our timeline and interest in fast-tracking the process. She is flexible and her team is super communicative in answering all of our questions and taking their time to speak with us - we never felt rushed.
Make sure that you can bring along all of your records, do your research ahead of time and let the doctor review and share their perspective. You might be surprised that you're both on the same page.
Brenda was exactly what we were hoping for during our initial consultation. She listened, reviewed our records and provided us with her honest recommendation for action.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katelyn Long)
Everyone in this office is friendly. They are flexible with scheduling, speaking and providing next steps. I am extremely happy with our decision to work with SRM Spokane Valley.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone in the office is friendly and available. The location of the office is super easy to get to and is very clean and organized. For being the only facility in the Spokane area that my insurance was aligned to, I am extremely satisfied with my selection.
These are still being reviewed by my insurance, Progyny.
This is still being considered by both sides (Dr. Houmard and us). We have heard the statistics are are currently deciding on our approach.
Spokane Valley

I appreciate her [Dr. Houmard] big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care....The staff at SRM is really really great. They communicate well with me but also with each other. They are quick to respond and that was important to me. They explain options and protocols very well. They make this process a bit easier.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I appreciate her big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
Nothing to share. She's awesome.
They don't over book. Every time I'm there the attention is on me. The staff and Dr. Houmard are kind, attentive, quick to respond, and skilled.
I took bcp to start, then after suppression I started with 325 iu if follistim, 1 menopur powder and eventually added ganarelix/centrotide. I stimmed for 9 days, triggered with Lupron cd10, and retrieved on cd12. We retrieved 8 eggs. 6 were mature. All fertilized with icsI and 5 became blastocysts. We had great results with embryology. Very pleased.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alli and Summer )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM in Spokane is the best option in the inland northwest. I started my treatment at a different clinic in town and it was a bad experience. When coming to SRM the difference was clear. They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care.
Egg retrieval with icsi including monitoring was $13,715 We paid $3500 for each FET
She preferred to transfer one embryo at a time which is also or preference.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I got a bill for charges that weren't correct. It was fixed quickly by Cameron.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The moment I met her [Dr. Houmard] my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!... I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs.
They [SRM] have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing her partner the first round and he moved away and I was transferred to her service. I was nervous at first because I loved her partner as a doctor and hadn’t met her yet. The moment I met her my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!
I would recommend her and let them know they will be treated with the utmost respect and feel as though they’re her only patient because of the care she gives you.
She is very kind and she explains things to you so you can understand them. She holds your hand through it all and is extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs. It got pushed back a couple times because she wanted them to grow a little bit longer which was great. I was on an antagonist protocol. My medicines were menopur, gonal-f, oral estrace, endometrin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Walker)
My nurse is beyond exceptional. She actually stepped back and isn’t in charge of patients as much now but I consider her a huge part of my life and am so thankful for her. The entire nursing staff is amazing. They all know you and care to. They cheer you on and help with any problem or question you may have. They are kind and amazing at their jobs.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
They have an option to buy with an outside program called Attain. I chose to do this because I did the buy 3 refund option where if I don’t bring a baby home I am refunded all of my money, for $27,500. Also medication each round varies from 1,000-4,000.

PCOS, Unexplained
We don’t see Dr. Houmard every time we have an appointment but when do she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer our questions. She oversees each cycle and adjusts things as needed each time. We do see her for follow ups every few months and so far I am happy with our decision to use her as our doctor.... After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point.
Strengths would be that they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.... Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t except to see her with every single visit.
Dr. Houmard and her entire staff are very friendly and personable. They treat us like we are their only patients every time we are in the office!
After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point. She started me on a med that I can’t remember the name of but it gets you to start your period. I haven’t had to take this med again since then because my body has started on its own. Then she has me take 10mg of Letrozole for five days and then a couple days later in my cycle I give myself an 150 of GonalF that is suppose to trigger your follicles to grow. I usually will go in around cycle day 15 for an ultrasound to see if there are a follicle that is at the right size for for the next injection called Ovidrel which triggers your bony to ovulate. This is also all in conjunction with times intercourse. Three of my cycles we also did an IUI. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get pregnant yet but I can tell that my body is working correctly now and that gives me hope that it will happen eventually.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They are wonderful, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I couldn’t ask for a better office to be a patient at.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths would be that they don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.
Our insurance actually covered a lot more of our coats then I expected but it’s not cheap by any means. Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM. They are still about $160 for both the GonalF and Ovidrel. Semen analysis is only about $40 out of pocket. IUIs are not covered for us and we’re about $700 each. We are currently saving up for IVF that will be about $18,000 but will also be applying to finance about half of it.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. ... I found Dr H to be just what I was looking for- compassionate but honest. She didn’t sugar coat issues or lead us to believe a live birth was an absolute but she set realistic expectations- having suffered 8 miscarriages previously this was our last shot and she was on board with that and supported us the way we wanted and needed to be supported.
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest!!! Tell her everything- your history, experience, expectations, fears, needs, etc
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. She’s a member of my community and had things in common with my husband and I. She is also friends with both our former fertility doc and our current ob
We had already had several consultantatuons with other docs in Seattle and were familiar with what would be suggested for our treatment, retrieval, icsi, ohs, fet, and potential gestational carrier for future. Rpl and unexplained infertility, we knew that there could be no explanation and a bad outcome- dr H set these scenarios for us as well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
Sara was bad. Made some comments that weren’t appropriate for our experience, looked unprofessional, and ultimately sent the wrong order For my medications so I Over ordered and over paid which was bad. I asked to get a new nurse which SRM complied and apologized
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Around $30k total
Na
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Sara my nurse was poor- sent wrong info to speciality pharmacy

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
I think she [Dr. Brenda Houmard] is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think she is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point. Unfortunately as the patient at that point in time I did not know that those were routine things done at most practices to prevent poor outcomes. Perhaps if you are doing standard IVF or IUI with her, your treatment outcome might be better, but I do not recommend for those with more difficult problems to overcome. They lower the price of mini IVF, but don't actually do enough monitoring to make you successful.
Don't do mini IVF with her.
Dr. Houmard was empathetic throughout treatment until the last cycle. She was clear that due to diminished ovarian reserve treatment options with own egg might be limited. She was willing to treat us though she never offered to vary from one protocol. She also a few times gave extremely devastating information either via email, or over the phone without offering any followup.
Mini IVF- No baseline ultrasound or labs. Letrazole 5mg CD 3-7, Follistim 150 units CD 6-8. Start Ganirelix CD 8. No labs checked, ultrasound CD 9. Zero labs checked prior to retrieval. Ultrasound to measure follicle size only. Birth control pills for cycle batching (also bad for DOR). Results = all dismal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing care at the clinic was amazing. Very organized, always available. Very helpful in trying to explain the physician's rational if there was something I didn't understand.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Mini IVF cycle was $13,600, ultrasounds $330 unless you are a tech patient then they are $400.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The first physician that I saw there never ordered baseline labs, AMH or FSH. He kept telling me I was 'young' and had plenty of time. When my AMH was finally tested in prep for my first IVF cycle it came back at 0.02. This was 18months after I started seeing them for known MFI. If he would have tested my AMH in the beginning we would have taken a different course altogether.
Spokane Valley

Brenda Houmard helped me track my cycles, ensured my fallopian tubes were open, prescribed me a trigger shot, and oversaw my IUI injections until I was pregnant!...was fabulous and very articulate. It would have been nice to see her a little more, but altogether we were very pleased with her. She is a great doctor and helped our family grow! I appreciated her honesty and willingness to save us money while also helping us have babies!
The staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] walked us thru the process and helped us feel welcome. We contacted them several times and they always got back to us in a timely manner. When necessary, they worked weekends to help match my cycle. Loved them!...The nursing team helped ease my concerns, they were very communicative, and extremely friendly, which helped when we were anxious about getting pregnant. We liked them a lot.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Brenda was fabulous and very articulate. It would have been nice to see her a little more, but altogether we were very pleased with her. She is a great doctor and helped our family grow! I appreciated her honesty and willingness to save us money while also helping us have babies!
In reference to your future treatment, be prepared for anything. Not everything will go your way, but the staff will do what they can to help you.
The staff walked us thru the process and helped us feel welcome. We contacted them several times and they always got back to us in a timely manner. When necessary, they worked weekends to help match my cycle. Loved them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very friendly and even offered us a counselor to talk to prior to attempting to get pregnant. The process was long at first, but it was all worth it in the end. We would definitely return if we decide to have another child.
Not including the price of sperm, each attempt at IUI was approximately $1,200. Checking to ensure my fallopian tubes were open was about $700. Other small routine things were $250 or less.
Spokane Valley

We did PGS testing so multiple embryo transfer was only recommended if we wanted to try for twins. She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] strongly recommended single embryo transfer otherwise...has a very warm bedside manner. Before going in to my egg retrieval she put on the music of my choice in the OR and made sure I felt safe and cared for...She is very intelligent, professional, she is also very warm and caring. She put the music of my choice on in the OR prior to my egg retrieval and made sure I felt safe going in to the procedure. She personally gave us our results after the retrieval and called us directly with genetic testing results.
the nurses [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] work as a team to answer my questions. There have been a few things that got dropped (forgetting to attach a treatment schedule or sending prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy) but overall the nursing staff communicates well and is very caring...There is a nice flow to the clinic. You rarely see other patients outside of the waiting room probably for privacy reasons. Everyone from the MAs, RNs and nurse practitioners are very friendly and make sure you know where to go next. The front desk staff is professional and kind.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard has a very warm bedside manner. Before going in to my egg retrieval she put on the music of my choice in the OR and made sure I felt safe and cared for.
My first nurse changed to per diem and then I was not to my knowledge assigned a new primary nurse but the nurses work as a team to answer my questions. There have been a few things that got dropped (forgetting to attach a treatment schedule or sending prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy) but overall the nursing staff communicates well and is very caring.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We did PGS testing so multiple embryo transfer was only recommended if we wanted to try for twins. She strongly recommended single embryo transfer otherwise.

Male Factor, Other
Before Each appointment she [Dr. Houmard] take the time to review our charts and write key notes on a word document for review along with the steps she recommends.... She Uses Visual aids to help explain Good at explaining next steps and hopes for treatments Listens and accepts our wants, even if they are outside of what she recommended originally Good at coordinating care with other providers out of clinic for continuity of care
No long wait times [at Seattle Reproductive Med] for getting appointments on time care in clinic responds to Patient Portal messages quickly & efficiently Clean nice exam rooms and office areas great staff overall good coordination of care with out of office providers... She [nurse] responds to messages quickly with all the info requested. She makes phone calls when necessary. She is compassionate about our situation and wishes us luck through each step.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Trust your provider but also do your own research so you have as much knowledge as possible.
Before Each appointment she take the time to review our charts and write key notes on a word document for review along with the steps she recommends. She uses visual charts and diagrams to help explain
IUI with 100mg of Clomid on days 3-7, with monitoring ultra sounds and 250 Ovidril injection for trigger. Semen sample provided morning of treatment 1 hour prior. NP/Nurse preforms IUI then home and proceed with normal activity
She responds to messages quickly with all the info requested. She makes phone calls when necessary. She is compassionate about our situation and wishes us luck through each step.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
No long wait times for getting appointments on time care in clinic responds to Patient Portal messages quickly & efficiently Clean nice exam rooms and office areas great staff overall good coordination of care with out of office providers
2004 Per IUI
not to this point yet
Spokane Valley

She [Dr. Houmard] always followed up & checked in on us while we had to wait for the next time we did the IUIs. She clarified & answered questions we had when the IUIs didn’t work & as we headed into IVF she did the same. We transferred 1 frozen embryo last month & when we didn’t get pregnant she debriefed with us & encouraged us through the pain. I’m thankful she’s our doctor...She’s a kind & compassionate doctor that roots for you & your family the whole time. She did phone consults when I had questions & had caring answers for me. I appreciate how she took the time to ask if we needed clarification on the treatment or procedure. She was always happy to see us.
$13,000 for IVF plus $3,000-$5,000 meds [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]...The clinic is great! The front office staff is nice. The financial people were helpful. They always great us so warmly & kindly. It’s also very clean. They bathrooms are clean. They do a great job taking care of the office. The area when they do the retrievals is also very tidy & neat. It’s very sanitary. It’s a great place...[Nurses are] very nice & kind. They always took the time to help us & answer any questions.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you don’t want to feel like a number, she’d be the best choice.
She’s so caring and warm.
Dr. Houmard helped us find the best doctor to take out the fibroid she found when we tried to do the IUI the very first time. She helped & guided us through the best steps after. She always followed up & checked in on us while we had to wait for the next time we did the IUIs. She clarified & answered questions we had when the IUIs didn’t work & as we headed into IVF she did the same. We transferred 1 frozen embryo last month & when we didn’t get pregnant she debriefed with us & encouraged us through the pain. I’m thankful she’s our doctor.
They’re very nice & kind. They always took the time to help us & answer any questions.
$13,000 for IVF plus $3,000-$5,000 meds

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Houmard is so caring and compassionate. She is honest and straight forward. I feel like I can trust her 100%. She understands how stressful infertility is and doesn't belittle the feelings that I have....I feel very well cared for.... I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor... The only thing I can say they didn't do was they didn't tell me I needed a full bladder for my uterine sounding so I went to the bathroom right before my appt
I feel like all the staff [Seattle Reproductive Med] is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.... I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go see her immediately lol
She is so compassionate and honest and caring and straight forward. I feel very well cared for.
I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara Whipkey)
I really appreciate my nurse Sara. The only downside is that she is now my third nurse. I feel that shows a lack of continuity.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like all the staff is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.
I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
She said based on my age and health that we can choose to transfer 1 to 2 with a goal of a singleton pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only thing I can say they didn't do was they didn't tell me I needed a full bladder for my uterine sounding so I went to the bathroom right before my appt, which I always do when I know people will be poking around in my pelvic area.
Spokane Valley

Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information.... She has compassion. But her communication lacks. She didn't even call after I said I got my period and the transfer didn't work. I have not spoken to her since day of transfer, where I was thrilled about her because she was so compassionate on that day. After that day it was like she forgot about me, which was disappointing.... It was just over.
They [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself.... She [nurse] was caring but as well a very bad communicator.... If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You have to be your own advocate. She will not keep you informed unless you constantly call the office to pry information.
Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information. She also did not call when I called and said I got my period. I talked to the nurse that day and never heard from anyone again. It was just over.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She was caring but as well a very bad communicator.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself. If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning it as you are going for your first experience. If there was more options in this area I am sure they would not be doing as well due to these factors.
Not the most affordable but their are not many options here and the know it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
A lot of it was related to communication problems they have.
Spokane Valley

[Dr. Brenda Houmard] was very compassionate and kind about out situation. She was also very thorough during our consultation. She explained out options and all the details of the procedures. I am thankful for her...For each of my cycles I took clomid with an IUI. For three cycles we did not get pregnant. On my fourth cycle I produced 5 follicles. The team cancelled the IUI the next day due to medical complications that could occur to the five babies and myself. They suggested to take plan B. We declined taking plan B and prayed for a miracle. At the end of that cycle, I found out I was pregnant and only one egg took.
[SRM] is a family and they are so kind at every visit!...The entire staff was amazing!!! I appreciate them for their compassion, kindness, and support during each visit...Each cycle of clomid with IUI cost about $800...I believe the entire clinic was phenomenal...the team always shows compassion and love during each visit. I could communicate with them in the portal at any time and I would get quick responses...For each of my cycles I took clomid with an IUI. For three cycles we did not get pregnant. On my fourth cycle I produced 5 follicles. The team cancelled the IUI the next day due to medical complications that could occur to the five babies and myself. They suggested to take plan B. We declined taking plan B and prayed for a miracle. At the end of that cycle, I found out I was pregnant and only one egg took. Nurse
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Brenda was very compassionate and kind about out situation. She was also very thorough during our consultation. She explained out options and all the details of the procedures. I am thankful for her and her team.
Be patient because they know what they are doing
Arm is a family and they are so kind at every visit!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Destiny Johnson)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I believe the entire clinic was phenomenal. Even though going there meant my husband and I were still not pregnant and we needed to some assistance, the team always shows compassion and love during each visit. I could communicate with them in the portal at any time and I would get quick responses.
Each cycle of clomid with IUI cost about $800
Spokane Valley

Dr. Houmard was not pushy about moving us toward IVF. She provided us with several options and encouraged us to speak with others in the office. We’ve only met with her twice but we feel very comfortable and confident. My husband appreciated her directness and scientific explanations. ... She took the time to provide support and validation when I became tearful in our consultations.
clinic [SRM] appears to have everything in one place which is a huge plus. The rooms are a comfortable size. The office is bright and easy to find. The front desk staff is pleasant. It’s about 20min from the city which isn’t ideal, but could always be worse. ... We have a military discount and they calculated one round of IVF would cost about $10,400 with medications estimated at $4,500. However, we’ll likely use the Attain multi cycle discount.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Come in with some questions. She was great at explaining, but since she’s our third doctor, I was looking for someone with in-depth explanations.
We haven’t started anything specifically, but will be starting IVF in early December.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kate )
Kate gave us her direct line and provided us with support, explanations, and medical advice.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We clinic appears to have everything in one place which is a huge plus. The rooms are a comfortable size. The office is bright and easy to find. The front desk staff is pleasant. It’s about 20min from the city which isn’t ideal, but could always be worse. I decided to use this clinic based on multiple positive reviews.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Houmard] was straight forward and thorough. No fluff. I wanted a medical reason for our infertility and medical answers to my questions, not just answers that would make me feel better. She did exactly that.... Constant contact and easy to talk to. She would relate to us on a personal level.... [Eset Approach] We did both and were happy with both. Our daughter came from a multiple fet and I am current pregnant with twins from a multiple fet.
It [SRM] is very clean, organized, and easy to get to. Panera is right next door which is a bonus. There’s also a hotel across the street if you need to get sperm sample and are not comfortable on their rooms.... The first two nurses I had when I started at the clinic were my favorites - Angie and Kelly....She [Dr. Houmard] was straight forward and thorough. No fluff. I wanted a medical reason for our infertility and medical answers to my questions
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was straight forward and thorough. No fluff. I wanted a medical reason for our infertility and medical answers to my questions, not just answers that would make me feel better. She did exactly that.
Let her know exactly what your goals are and she’ll do everything in her power to help you achieve them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauryn Knoll)
The first two nurses I had when I started at the clinic were my favorites - Angie and Kelly. Lauryn was good, I just didn’t connect with her like I did with the others.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
LOVE the clinic! Wish it was closer to my home - it’s over an hour away. It is very clean, organized, and easy to get to. Panera is right next door which is a bonus. There’s also a hotel across the street if you need to get sperm sample and are not comfortable on their rooms.
One lump sum. Then medications on top of that.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Houmard is clearly intelligent and does everything she can to understand the situation and approach it as calmly and as aggressively as needed. She listens to her patients and wants to fix problems that are fixable and then if they aren’t she comes up with a plan. She answers all questions in a kind manner and never makes you feel silly for asking something. She explains all test results fully and the implications of it all. She is clearly respected by her staff and we enjoy her immensely.
I truly only have great things to say about SRM. They are thorough, cooperative, collaborative, kind, and easy to communicate and work with. They have an online portal that helps you see test results and communicate with your team. From the moment you walk in, even the front desk staff is kind and welcoming. They make you feel as comfortable as they can.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask the questions that you’re afraid to ask. She will answer them and be honest, and not make you feel stupid.
Brenda cares about our desires to start a family and our lives as a whole not just medically.
Warm. Kind. Understanding. Welcoming. They know you never WANTED to end up there but somehow make you feel like going back.
Spokane Valley

Dr. Houmard was welcoming and inviting. She kept things basic and she clearly laid out a course of action depending on the results we may get. She treated us as patients very well and with ease. She made me feel like there was always hope for our situation. ... She will not dance around the hard stuff and hard things to hear, so you must be prepared for that.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very clean, never overbooked or too busy. The weaknesses of this clinic are the miscommunications from the front desk to the rest of the team. Often times we wouldn’t know what something would cost until they were ringing us up after it was done. ... Nurses are amazing! On the online portal, they write back within hours every single time to answer my questions. Very kind and uplifting.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would advise you to keep an open mind, and to try and not be too sensitive. She will not dance around the hard stuff and hard things to hear, so you must be prepared for that.
She asked us a lot of questions, she outlined the process step by step to ensure we knew what was going on. She also made sure that we understood results and how that affected us.
Have not experienced treatment yet. Just a diagnosis.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean, never overbooked or too busy. The weaknesses of this clinic are the miscommunications from the front desk to the rest of the team. Often times we wouldn’t know what something would cost until they were ringing us up after it was done.
Spokane Valley

She [Dr. Houmard] was very informative, nice and non-judgmental. The only reason we did not go forward with treatment was cost. My one complaint is that they suspected that we would never get pregnant natualy but did not 100% confirm why.... They did a HGS to confirm that one tube was damaged (ie ruptured in the past), It confirmed that but also confirmed the other one was not blocked. Blood tests were done and confirmed that my eggs were fine and that my husbands sperm was ok.
Clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was fine. HSG and sperm evaluation were both done on site which was nice and saved time. Nice building and fairly convent to our location.... They were very nice and made sure i understood the whole process that was occuring....our costs for evaluation were around $1500 out of pocket. We were told that if we did go through the IVF is would be base $13,000 to $25,000
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very informative, nice and non-judgmental. The only reason we did not go forward with treatment was cost. My one complaint is that they suspected that we would never get pregnant natualy but did not 100% confirm why.
Be financially ready to go through IVF.
They did a HGS to confirm that one tube was damaged (ie ruptured in the past), It confirmed that but also confirmed the other one was not blocked. Blood tests were done and confirmed that my eggs were fine and that my husbands sperm was ok. No other procedures were done b/c they said our best bet would be IVF.
Kind and informative.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic was fine. HSG and sperm evaluation were both done on site which was nice and saved time. Nice building and fairly convent to our location. Dont know if all treatments were going to be at the same place since we did not continue them.
They said they would only do 2 embryo transfers at a time.