Medical SchoolU. of Tennessee
ResidencyU. of Tennessee
FellowshipSamford U.
532 Madison St.
Huntsville, AL 35801
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brett Davenport to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of North Alabama to a friend?
We had a great experience the first time around (and amazing results), and when he [Dr. Brett Davenport] moved to his own clinic, he went to bat for us to help is get custody of our embryos. He absolutely has gone above and beyond what I would have expected of him. As we're trying again, he has made sure everything will go smoothly so that we don't have any of the struggles we had to get to our last transfer.
How was your experience with Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
We had a great experience the first time around (and amazing results), and when he moved to his own clinic, he went to bat for us to help is get custody of our embryos. He absolutely has gone above and beyond what I would have expected of him. As we're trying again, he has made sure everything will go smoothly so that we don't have any of the struggles we had to get to our last transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
He can move fast, so sometimes, you have to ask him to slow down. I'm good with it because I did so much research on my own before we got to this point and we've done it all before.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
He is so proactive and knows my history without me having to remind him. He is personable and wants to be sure that we're ok with every step along the way.
Describe the protocols Brett Davenport used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of North Alabama and their degree of success.
My husband has low motility, low morphology, and low count, so we went straight to ivf. He was on clomid and novarel for 6 months the first time. I had a cycle with follistim because that is what my insurance would cover. We had great success with a twin pregnancy. When we went back for an FET, I did injectibles and estrogen and progesterone. Neither of our two remaining embryos stuck. This time around, my husband isn't doing the clomid and novarel, we're just going to go ahead and do icsi. I'm going to be on the same meds as last time because it obviously worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of North Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
I absolutely love his new staff. They're so much easier to communicate with and I really like that I know everyone in the office.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
He is contracting with ovation fertility in Nashville until his office is complete, but I think I prefer this office. They are right next to the hospital. Going to a small clinic for monitoring and then going to the larger one for retrievals and transfers is very appealing to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
My insurance covers meds, testing, and monitoring. Our cycle plan (3 retrievals and 3 transfers) will be about 17k.
Describe Brett Davenport's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
He was willing to go ahead and transfer two embryos because we wanted to. He said if we chose to do pgs this time around, he would not transfer two.
Huntsville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Davenport cares deeply about his patients. I always felt like I was his only patient. I underwent two surgeries during my treatment and each time he prayed before surgery and personally called the day after each one to check on me. He felt our disappointment each time we weren’t pregnant and was overjoyed when we finally got pregnant... It was bittersweet being released from his care when I was 9 week pregnant. I felt he truly cared about me and always took the time to explain each step of the process in a way that my husband and I could understand. He even personally called when lab results were late and after surgery. Dr. Davenport made our infertility journey more bareable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Davenport. It was bittersweet being released from his care when I was 9 week pregnant. I felt he truly cared about me and always took the time to explain each step of the process in a way that my husband and I could understand. He even personally called when lab results were late and after surgery. Dr. Davenport made our infertility journey more bareable.
Choose him as your doctor. He is a knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate physician.
We used Femara prior to IUI’s. This was unsuccessful. I had surgery to remove Endometriosis but did not get pregnant as a result. Also, I had a Tubal Cannulation to unblock my tubes and within a few months, I was pregnant.
The nursing staff was invested in my journey. I felt liked they truly cared and were always available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
Dr. Davenport opened his clinic about a year ago. They are working on getting the kinks out of a new practice but overall, the practice and its employees are phenomenal. It was easy to get early appointments (7 AM) and they even came in on a Saturday morning for an IUI.
My care under Dr. Davenport was 100% covered by my insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
Huntsville
You mainly see the nurses who are all very personable and caring. However, whenever there seems to be something wrong Dr. Davenport always came in (he did 3 of my 6 IUIs). He also made time to sit down and talk with us whenever we asked. He also made the calls when the news wasn't good, he never made the nurses deliver bad news...Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, a
How was your experience with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. He has now left the practice, and unfortunately I did not get any feedback from him on our failed IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (I ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Brett Davenport used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. He put me on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. My second round at IVF we started with 300 units of Gonal-F (lowered to 200 units half way trough) and 75 units of Menopur. I produced 8 follicles this time, and we retrieved 6 mature eggs. 5 fertilized, but 3 stalled at day 3. We implanted both embryos on day 5, but unfortunately they failed. Dr. Davenport left the practice following my IVF so I never got feedback on what the issue could have been. That was disappointing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
I have worked with many of the nurses (Chelsea, Joan, Jennifer and Brittany who draws the blood) and they are all amazing! They all make you feel like you are their only patient and so compassionate. Chelsea is my nurse and she is fantastic at explaining anything I don't understand. She is also very responsive, she always calls or emails me back quickly.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
As a new patient I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I had Aetna PPO for all of my IUI's and the each costs $500 with the procedure and medicine. I talked to Dr. Davenport when I was changing insurances and he told me to look for one that covered injectable meds...best advice ever! For the IVF I had BCBS of Alabama Gold and it cost about $8000 for the procedure and I paid only $300 for my meds thanks to his advice. The injectables typically cost $4000.
Madison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. My first IVF attempt did not go well, I only produced 4 eggs so we cancelled and just did an IUI. This round he changed my dosage and that is all, so time will tell if this adjustment works...
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (i ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. We had taken a "at home fertility" test, mine came back normal but my husband's did not (Dr. Davenport laughed at this, apparently at home test are NOT reliable for men at all). Turns out my husband it fine and I am the problem. He put be on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. I will start my next try at IVF next week, and they are starting me with 300 units of Gonal-F and 75 units of Menopur. We will see how this one turns out!
Madison

Dr. Davenport was compassionate towards my husband and I. He spoke to us, not down to us.... I was a little taken back when Dr. Davenport did not perform the only IUI we did with his office though.... my husband had started taking HCG shots for low sperm morphology. I think I started on birth control or estradiol and then waited until it was closer to ovulation and then they called me and told me to come in and they could do the IUI.... The nurse practitioner and another lady performed the IUI. I was never once told that the doctor does not perform IUIs. I don't know if they expected me to know this or what.
I really liked Dr. Davenport. My husband was a little more apprehensive only because of his age/had not been practicing that long. I thought he was knowledgeable and I liked that he was younger because sometimes younger doctors have fresher insight to new technology and advances. I was a little taken back when Dr. Davenport did not perform the only IUI we did with his office though. It was my first IUI and although I had been told what to expect, I was still anxious and nervous. The nurse practitioner and another lady performed the IUI. I was never once told that the doctor does not perform IUIs. I don't know if they expected me to know this or what.
Ask questions. Ask all questions you have even if you think they are stupid, whether your doctor is Dr. Davenport or a different doctor. Advocate for yourself or it will feel like you are shuffled around or just another number or debit card.
Dr. Davenport was compassionate towards my husband and I. He spoke to us, not down to us. He was respectful of our emotions and explained all of our options to us.
Our first and only IUI with Dr. Davenport was two years ago..I do know my husband had started taking HCG shots for low sperm morphology. I think I started on birth control or estradiol and then waited until it was closer to ovulation and then they called me and told me to come in and they could do the IUI. it was a simple and quick procedure, but I don't believe I was on any medicine (I do not have and trouble with ovulating).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
The nursing staff was great. I recall always having to leave a message, but they would call back pretty quickly. The nurse I remember the most is Jennifer. She was amazing, I hated leaving the clinic specifically because of her. She was friendly, supportive, kind, compassionate, understanding, sweet, I could go on and on. I cannot say enough about her. I have noticed at times at both clinics I've been to that the nursing staff becomes sort of numb to the patients feelings. I feel like they deal with infertility day in and day out and just get used to negatives or bad news that they lose a little compassion.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The main reason we decided to part ways with Dr. Davenport's clinic is because I felt a little manipulated when it came to their payment process. I noticed a charge one day from my card for $80.00 and I called to ask why and they said they automatically take payments out of your account when you have a balance. You have that option or to give them outright $200.00 to cover any balances. I was angry. I am an adult and pay my bills on time when they are due. I was not happy when they took money out of my account without even a warning. When I called to speak with them about this they did not seem to care because I had signed all the financial forms. I understand I should have read all the info more thoroughly, but I just felt a little tricked. Other than that, I really liked the office as it was right next to my work, the doctor, and the nurse I most frequently encountered. The office was always clean and I never had too long of a wait.
I believe the IUI was right at $1,000. My husband's HCG shots were about $200 every 3 weeks or so that Dr. Davenport recommended would help with his sperm count. I believe my office visits were about $65.
Describe Brett Davenport's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
We did not do IVF with Dr. Davenport.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
We first saw Dr. Davenport shortly after he joined Huntsville Repro Medicine. He was an excellent listener, very warm and very informative. He gave my husband a hug in the hallway when pregnancy was confirmed! He did some of the ultrasounds himself, and was always super approachable...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Call them now!! They want to see you on cycle day 3, so call before your next period for sure.
His staff is super warm, responsive and caring.
We'd done two rounds of unmonitored letrozole with my OB/GYN. We met with Dr. Davenport on CD3, and decided to go straight to IUI. I ovulate fine, but we did clomid to be able to control the timing. 1 round of clomid + 1 ovidrel injection to trigger ovulation. First IUI was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lynn)
The nurses were all absolutely wonderful. Warm and caring, very responsive to messages and questions.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Kind staff, very efficient, great at dealing with delicate parents-to-be.
Bloodwork and ultrasounds were covered by insurance (subject to copay), I believe the price for the IUI was $350 or so. Does not include meds, which were covered by my insurance (with copay)

PCOS, Other
He acted like everything was my weight. I know I'm over weight but when you only see the dr. Like 3 times in a year and a few months him telling you you're over weight every time kinda upsets me.... He seemed to think that everything that's going on with me is because I'm fat. I did the weight loss stuff lost 56 pounds and yet he still thought I needed to lose more. The doctor I'm seeing now says I shouldn't have any issues because of weight. He's seen too many people 3x my size that were pregnant.
PCOS, Other
I didn't really care for him. He acted like everything was my weight. I know I'm over weight but when you only see the dr. Like 3 times in a year and a few months him telling you you're over weight every time kinda upsets me.
Make sure you aren't fat when you see him. He'll think that's the problem for everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer then changed to Joan )
The nursing staff was absolutely amazing. They're the only reason I stayed so long.
The only time I really had to pay was when I saw him which didn't happen often
What specific things went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Davenport and his nurses are great with letting me know up front what to expect. He answers all my questions as needed.... Dr. Davenport is great. He's very upfront and blunt about what to expect. He tries to get to the bottom of the issue. He seems to really care about his patients. He thinks through what is the best course of treatment.... Dr. Davenport and his team and very caring. The only downside is it is sometimes hard to reach them by phone as you have to select different options and they sometimes do not answer.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
To not be nervous.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic itself is small so you are more than just a number. They know you personally. Dr. Davenport and his team and very caring. The only downside is it is sometimes hard to reach them by phone as you have to select different options and they sometimes do not answer.
My insurance covers 80 percent so I do not have to worry about the cost as much.