Nurse available by email
214-297-0020
Plano
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brian Barnett to a friend?

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
He has great results and he is very knowledgable. I think sometimes they forget that we are going through this with very high emotions and lots of drugs in our system and sometimes we don't react in the way that seems rational but we are putting everything we have into this and just want a successful outcome. I don't want to feel rushed or that I am asking stupid questions and sometimes I feel that with Dr. Barnett that is his feeling. He is very knowledgable and we trusted him to be our doctor for this journey due to things we have heard and I am glad we did but sometimes I wonder if we chose the right place. We are in about $41,000 so far and no baby. Hoping for a different outcome this time around.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Be prepared to wait in the waiting room
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I feel like there isn't a cap to how many patients there are and it is more about the money then realizing we are putting our whole lives into this.
I was given wrong results that was very harmful at the time. That nurse was let go but still very traumatizing at the time. I feel very rushed by them and they expect I know what is going on but I would like more direction from them.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Front desk seems cold and rude. They don't communicate when they are running behind schedule which is very frustrating. Don't seem to be very mindful of what you are going through and some days are harder than others. They don't seem to have the compassion they should to be the face of the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Even though the clinic advised us against it we went with Attain and we are doing round 2. Currently have spent $37,000
Frisco

Dr. Barnett helped me understand our history, our needs, and our potential for a successful pregnancy without having to take the most aggressive approach. I felt so informed, and hopeful about our future thanks to Dr. Barnett’s time spent with us...Dr. Barnett had said we’d reevaluate each time to see my body’s response, and because my response we good, we kept the same low dose treatment for a 2nd round IUI that was succcessful!
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I am so grateful to have had such a knowledgeable, thorough, considerate doctor. I appreciate his straightforward nature and the efficiency of his office. We felt so comfortable with us recommended path of treatment, and so cared for along the way.
You are in great hands! Personally, I came prepared with my questions and Dr. Barnett helped me understand our history, our needs, and our potential for a successful pregnancy without having to take the most aggressive approach. I felt so informed, and hopeful about our future thanks to Dr. Barnett’s time spent with us and I hope you will too!
Dr. Barnett closely reviewed our history prior to our first appointment and asked us detailed questions. He patiently walked us through his recommendation, covering all details, and helping us understand our situation and what would be next. When I met him, I so wished I had come to see him sooner!
Describe the protocols Brian Barnett used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
We had unexplained infertility & Dr. Barnett explained what percent of patients fall into this category. We had done a few tests in preparation - HSG, sperm analysis, ovarian reserve & thankfully all looked healthy & normal. So he recommended IUI treatment, with low doses of fertility meds. I took clomid & low doses & of gonal-f & ovidril to trigger ovulation. My body responded well to all meds, the first IUI was unsuccessful. Dr. Barnett had said we’d reevaluate each time to see my body’s response, and because my response we good, we kept the same low dose treatment for a 2nd round IUI that was succcessful!
Stacey, the sonographer was absolutely amazing. Super kind, considerate, very informative & in the most professional way she shared such hopefulness with each sonogram that good things could be coming. Amanda & Mallory we’re my nurses and both were great.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very organized & efficient. I’ve never had so many dr. appointments, but each time everyone was professional, prompt & supportive. I feel like the team of doctors are experts in their field & their leadership helps ensure the office is effective and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
I was provided a cost sheet at the beginning which was helpful since I don’t have infertility coverage through my insurance. Fertility meds cost about $500 each time, each sonogram was $250 & the IUI was about $500+...
Describe Brian Barnett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Because we had no known issues, IUI was recommended for us which we felt great about. I had reservations about IVF which I shared with him & he shared helpful insights for me to consider if we learned we may need that path later (for example, we could limit our number of embryos if we were concerned about having many more than we wanted to implant should we ever need IVF treatment).
Frisco

He's [Dr. Barnett] open about his family and kids and inquires about our backgrounds which makes him incredibly personable, but he's a professional, and will get back to the business of discussing your game plan quickly while always taking the time to answer all of our questions...We were an unexplained case of infertility, so considering that, Dr. B wanted to only try 2 attempts at IUI starting with a conservative approach to stimulation drugs (Follistim and Clomid) for round 1, and a higher dosage for round 2. The plan was that if the IUI's didn't work, to not waste our time and money and shoot straight for IVF with a fresh transfer. First 2 IUI's were unsuccessful. Did the IVF with fresh transfer. Worked like a charm.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I remember upon first meeting Dr. B that his confidence was calming. He's incredibly knowledgeable about the fertility process, roadblocks, and options, and he was thorough when trying to figure out our fertility issues. He's straight forward and to the point, yet takes the time to get to know you which I'm all about... it's a nice balance between a realist and a coddler, if you will. It was always a pleasure meeting with him.
Be prepared with your questions and don't be afraid to keep on asking them - he's a busy doc, but he'll give you the time if you need it.
Loved every meeting with Dr. B in that I'm a fan of a doc who is direct and not too much of a hand-holder. He's open about his family and kids and inquires about our backgrounds which makes him incredibly personable, but he's a professional, and will get back to the business of discussing your game plan quickly while always taking the time to answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Wankovsky)
Amanda Wankovsky and Mallory Jackson were my dream team! Their enthusiasm for our case was sincerely appreciated, and their availability for all of my questions, requests, and needs was always on hand. They made the (sometimes) long-winded tutorials fun when I needed to learn about the meds, and when they had to call with bad news their compassion was incredible. Though when they had our good news, their excitement was amazing!! I loved having them in my corner! Stacy from Sono was also absolutely wonderful, FANTASTIC at her craft, and completely professional. And I loved the older blood lady too, though I can't remember her name! She's so great at what she does... makes you feel so comfortable and NEVER misses. Sometimes I could hardly feel it when she hit the vein. An all around AMAZING staff.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dallas IVF Frisco has a super convenient location, was incredibly clean, offerred lots of reading options in the lobby, and worked like a well-oiled machine. I did wish they had a Keurig in the lobby for some hot tea (or naughty coffee) - already told Dr. Ku that recommendation ;-)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Our insurance didn't cover much of anything, so we had to pay out of pocket.
Considering my age and a consultation with the embryologist (and my fearlessness of twins as I'm a twin and love being one) we went with 2 embryos for transfer.
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.

He [Dr. Brian Barnett] looked over all of my medical history and expressed what he thought was the next steps in moving forward which basically I felt like was putting me on the back burner. My accomplishments with weight loss seem to never be enough and as someone who is going to be 42 I feel like I don't have time to wait. But that didn't seem to matter. The doctor was thorough and organized and is well knowlegable in his area of expertise. But when it came to my specific needs, I felt like I wasn't heard.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
We only had a phone consult as I live in Ohio and his office is in TX. He looked over all of my medical history and expressed what he thought was the next steps in moving forward which basically I felt like was putting me on the back burner. My accomplishments with weight loss seem to never be enough and as someone who is going to be 42 I feel like I don't have time to wait. But that didn't seem to matter. The doctor was thorough and organized and is well knowlegable in his area of expertise. But when it came to my specific needs, I felt like I wasn't heard.
Make sure you have all questions and concerns written down and don't be afraid to express them.
The consult was rushed and I felt like my accomplishments and voice was considered or heard.
The only protocol that we are doing now is weightloss and maintaining that I have a cycle every month. We set up a treatment plan for other testing to be done before we start cycling for transfer.
I spoke with a nurse over the phone and received the treatment plan via email. The staff appears to be organized and timely with getting out info.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
As I live out of state from this clinic, I can't give a full opinion of this clinic. But from the little that I have experienced I believe this clinic to be orderly and timely with patient info and receiving information from previous doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
I had to pay 100.00 out of pocket for the phone consult and was informed that the thaw and transfer would cost 3700.00 not including meds and several tests leading up to transfer.
I don't know how many embryos this doctor would transfer at once but I'm not opposed to multiple embryo transfer at once.
Frisco

He [Dr. Barnett] seemed really knowledgeable and confident. I like the way he explained everything and wrote it out for you on a scratch paper and then reviewed everything once more before leaving the office. He always made me feel hopeful...He mentioned my age was young enough that he felt confident in transferring a single embryo and said it was better to chance having one healthy baby than risk having two unhealthy babies.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
He seemed really knowledgeable and confident. I like the way he explained everything and wrote it out for you on a scratch paper and then reviewed everything once more before leaving the office. He always made me feel hopeful.
Come to the office prepared with anything you think you may need and any questions written out that you want to ask. Keep records of anything given to you and keep it organized neatly.
Sometimes it felt like they just threw you into a category and gave you the same protocol as others in that category without making you feel like they really looked at your history in depth and made decisions based on all aspects of past lab results and health history. I wondered how much time they spent reviewing our file before having us come into the office which made me wonder if the amount of medication was adjusted accordingly or just based on a broader scale.
I do not remember specifics.
They were nice and friendly and seemed knowledgeable and helpful. I think there was room for improvement on their communication as far as call backs or emailing you back. And I often got the feeling that the nurses “ran the show” and were the main person you communicated with about your treatment, adjustments, decision making. I’d like to trust they ran every little thing by the doctor first but I some times didn’t feel that way. The sonographer was always so wonderful. She put you at ease and was super friendly and treated you like someone who you’ve known for a while. She explained what she was doing and looking for and answered any questions you had. She was the best.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinics strengths are the doctors confidence and knowledge in IVF and success rates. Areas of weakness to be improved upon are nurses calling you back to not keep you waiting in suspense. I wish they were always positive and bubbly to keep you at ease and give you that feeling like you’re being taken care of special. New patients should come prepared with their questions written out and any information they think the doctor would want to see or anything that would be helpful like past tests, scans, history of period cycles, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
I believe one cycle was less than $18k.
Frisco

He [Dr. Barnett] often forgot who I was and had to look at my notes but he treated me well... is very dry and to the point which I appreciated. He specifically tailors the treatment plan based on your needs...I had tried Clomid with my OB and that didn’t work. So he suggested Femara for three months. Then when that didn’t work he suggested IUI but with only a maximum of three. After that did t work, he strongly suggested ivf with a frozen transfer. He advised against any fresh transfers especially with my PcOS
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett is very dry and to the point which I appreciated. He specifically tailors the treatment plan based on your needs. He is ruthfully honest so if you don’t appreciate that then don’t go see him. He will not hold your hand but he will do everything to get you pregnant. I trust his advice and expertise.
Don’t expect him to hold your hand!
He often forgot who I was and had to look at my notes but he treated me well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Mallory kind of took me under her wing. I always preferred to talk to Mallory because she knew me and knew my case. She was fantastic and if she didn’t know the answer to something, she would always get tj answer.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The front staff isn’t super friendly or helpful. Most of the nurses are great. The sonographer is fantastic! They have a patient portal online that you can use to see all your upcoming appointments, payments, treatment plans, lab results, etc. this is super helpful! They get results back to you very quickly and are pretty flexible with appointment times.
Total was about 25,000 for ivf I believe
Dr Barnett strongly encourages transferring one embryo at a time unless the embryos are terrible quality or you’re advanced maternal age. He advises against multiple embryos
Frisco

Dr. Barnett was very candid but sympathetic and supportive during every cycle! ... With unexplained infertility, 2 failed rounds of IUI we elected to do IVF. ... I suffered ovarian hyper-stimulation from the fertility drugs after my egg retrieval and ended up having a 3 day stay in the hospital with bilateral pleura effusions and needed a paracentensis of my abdomen to drain the excess fluid from swelling. Dr Barnett managed my care in and out of the hospital and made sure that I was well taken care of. ...
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett was so wonderful to work with. With unexplained infertility, 2 failed rounds of IUI we elected to do IVF. I suffered ovarian hyper-stimulation from the fertility drugs after my egg retrieval and ended up having a 3 day stay in the hospital with bilateral pleura effusions and needed a paracentensis of my abdomen to drain the excess fluid from swelling. Dr Barnett managed my care in and out of the hospital and made sure that I was well taken care of. He also saw the financial burden this was all taking on us and helped by waiving the ISCI cost. Unfortunately after the embryo transfer we did not conceive by Dr. Barnett was determined to help us! I took a break and when I went back to start my second round of IVF, I was miraculously pregnant naturally! Dr. Barnett managed my pregnancy theough 10 weeks and then I transferred to an OBGYN that he recommended. I am happy to say I have a beautiful baby girl!
Be open-minded
Dr. Barnett was very candid but sympathetic and supportive during every cycle!
IUI x2 IVF with ICSI X1
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mallory and Amanda)
Mallory & Amanda were fantastic and so good at caring for the emotional & physical needs of me
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strength-Great phelbotomy team! When you get your labs drawn every other day it’s nice to know they’re not going to miss. Great staff overall! Doctors and nurses are fantastic Weakness-only 1 sonographer
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Dallas IVF.
Easy to go in and get sonos and labs drawn
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Round of IUI including drugs approx $750 IVF plus egg retrieval, embryo transfer, ICSI, and drugs approx $10,000
We chose eSET because I didn’t want a multiples pregnancy

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Brian Barnett] reviewed all the work from my previous two doctors. He put me straight into IVF. I did meds in January 2019. Retrieved 8 eggs in February 2019. Transferring hopefully in May 2019 is the doctors plan.... He was open, honest and wants to help us. He realizes how important it is to have a child for my husband and I. He referred my husband to a specialist who treated my husband’s infertility. He addressed my concerns and gave me confidence to believe I can achieve a pregnancy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
He gave me a chance at having a child. I’m still waiting on a transfer date. He was open, honest and wants to help us. He realizes how important it is to have a child for my husband and I. He referred my husband to a specialist who treated my husband’s infertility. He addressed my concerns and gave me confidence to believe I can achieve a pregnancy.
Listen to him. Give him a chance.
He actually sits down and speaks with his clients
He reviewed all the work from my previous two doctors. He put me straight into IVF. I did meds in January 2019. Retrieved 8 eggs in February 2019. Transferring hopefully in May 2019 is the doctors plan.
They always are positive.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very busy clinic. So you need appts in advance. Sometimes I have not been able to get ahold of anyone. Billing is hard to get ahold of too. Basically just keep calling or send emails until you get help. Visits are great...you always wait. But the doctor is informative. Nurses are calm and collective.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Yes I’m currently at $12.5k for my egg retrieval. $3.5k for my transfer. Looking at another $12.5k for a possible another surgery. I’ve spent over $20k with all 3 doctors now.
He only does single transfers.
Frisco

Dr. Barnett was committed to achieving a successful pregnancy and approached my care in a thoughtful and determined manner. His skill and expertise made all the difference in my embryo transfer (due to a narrow and tilted cervix).... Dr. Barnett crafted a treatment plan specific to my case rather than just sending me through a "standard" plan. He always kept me informed of next steps if the current approach was not successful
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Be prepared for the journey to require one or more steps backwards before moving forward. And trust Dr. Barnett!
Dr. Barnett crafted a treatment plan specific to my case rather than just sending me through a "standard" plan. He always kept me informed of next steps if the current approach was not successful and why he recommended certain treatment steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Amanda was great - readily available to answer any questions and helped us laugh through such a trying process.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dallas IVF is great! I really appreciated their early morning hours which allowed me to handle my appointments before I started work each morning. It was key to keeping my IVF journey private and not having to tell my employer (who would not understand or make any special arrangements).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Total costs for IUI was about $2300, and an IVF cycle was around $20k. FET price approximately $5300.
Dr. Barnett gave me the ultimate choice in how many embryos were transferred, but did voice a preference for a single embryo transfer since I am petite and he was concerned about my ability to carry more than one baby to term.
Frisco

Dr. Barnett is the best doctor ever! He explains everything in detail and is very hands on. He shoots straight and I need that. He never gave up on us. He's truly a great man. I am forever grateful for every thing he has done for us. He just encouraged is at every point and I will never be able to thank him enough for our baby boy....We had 2 FET, with no baby. And the 3rd one resulted in a normal baby boy.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Even if you get a negative result, stay with the same doctor. We had 2 FET, with no baby. And the 3rd one resulted in a normal baby boy. Don't give up before the miracle happens.
Dr. Barnett is an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond for you and so does his staff. No question was stupid or small. They tested me like family. Going back for the next FET next month!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Mallory)
Amanda and Mallory always go above and beyond and treat me like family. So do all of his staff though even if I get another nurse. They all are wonderful!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I really can't say a negative thing about them. I would recommend them to everyone I know, and I do! make sure to schedule your appointments as soon as possible because they book up really quick because they are so busy.
Frisco

He [Dr. Barnett] is a good doctor, but I would not recommend seeing him if you have DOR. At my follow up, he let me know that i would be reported as a failure for his data. What an awful thing to say. I was very taken aback....His nurses and ultrasound tech [at Dallas IVF] are great. He was great at the initial consult, but acted as though he was too busy at follow up/monitoring appointments.... Had we gotten to transfer, the plan was for one.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
He is a good doctor, but I would not recommend seeing him if you have DOR. At my follow up, he let me know that i would be reported as a failure for his data. What an awful thing to say. I was very taken aback.
Do your homework on clinics. There are so many in Dallas to choose from. Dr Barnett may be a great fit for you.
His nurses and ultrasound tech are great. He was great at the initial consult, but acted as though he was too busy at follow up/monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stacia)
They were all great.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The front desk staff needs work. They were consistently grouchy in person and on the phone. I felt like I was a burden to them. They did seem to treat everyone that way. Ask lots of questions. Don’t be afraid to call the nurses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Had we completed a cycle, it would have been about 21k with all meds and PGS testing.
Had we gotten to transfer, the plan was for one.

2012 - 2018
Dr Barnett’s goal is to have you have a positive successful pregnancy. He explains his course of action, answers any questions and he is professional and courteous. He is methodical and provides timelines for the action plan. He is awesome...Dr Barnett is personable. He knows about my family plans and wants to get me the results I seek....ALL of the doctors and staff I have interacted with at this clinic [Dallas IVF] have been great. Compassionate and professional.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Same thing I’d tell anyone anywhere: Listen and ask questions.
Extremely friendly and personable.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
They are friendly, well organized and get you in and out. You’re going to be going there a lot for checks, blood work, etc-so those are pretty important things. ALL of the doctors and staff I have interacted with at this clinic have been great. Compassionate and professional.
Preference for eset. I do not know how strongly he feels about this as I have only wanted to do eset, so it was never a conversation.

5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
[Dr. Barnett is a] direct personality, focused on getting you through a cycle only goal is results. Not extremely friendly, very business like and cost discussed 1st visit....Make up questions prior to going and ask them. Directly ask about procedures and timelines.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Direct personality, focused on getting you through a cycle only goal is results. Not extremely friendly, very business like and cost discussed 1st visit.
Staff was professional and organized. Lots of clients, office is clean and new. Looks like a dentist office. Not much in personalized comforts.
Very quite. All dressed the same, organized.