Medical SchoolUMDNJ
214-297-0020
Plano
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brian Barnett to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
Dr. Barnett helped me understand our history, our needs, and our potential for a successful pregnancy without having to take the most aggressive approach. I felt so informed, and hopeful about our future thanks to Dr. Barnett’s time spent with us...Dr. Barnett had said we’d reevaluate each time to see my body’s response, and because my response we good, we kept the same low dose treatment for a 2nd round IUI that was succcessful!
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I am so grateful to have had such a knowledgeable, thorough, considerate doctor. I appreciate his straightforward nature and the efficiency of his office. We felt so comfortable with us recommended path of treatment, and so cared for along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
You are in great hands! Personally, I came prepared with my questions and Dr. Barnett helped me understand our history, our needs, and our potential for a successful pregnancy without having to take the most aggressive approach. I felt so informed, and hopeful about our future thanks to Dr. Barnett’s time spent with us and I hope you will too!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett closely reviewed our history prior to our first appointment and asked us detailed questions. He patiently walked us through his recommendation, covering all details, and helping us understand our situation and what would be next. When I met him, I so wished I had come to see him sooner!
Describe the protocols Brian Barnett used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
We had unexplained infertility & Dr. Barnett explained what percent of patients fall into this category. We had done a few tests in preparation - HSG, sperm analysis, ovarian reserve & thankfully all looked healthy & normal. So he recommended IUI treatment, with low doses of fertility meds. I took clomid & low doses & of gonal-f & ovidril to trigger ovulation. My body responded well to all meds, the first IUI was unsuccessful. Dr. Barnett had said we’d reevaluate each time to see my body’s response, and because my response we good, we kept the same low dose treatment for a 2nd round IUI that was succcessful!
Stacey, the sonographer was absolutely amazing. Super kind, considerate, very informative & in the most professional way she shared such hopefulness with each sonogram that good things could be coming. Amanda & Mallory we’re my nurses and both were great.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very organized & efficient. I’ve never had so many dr. appointments, but each time everyone was professional, prompt & supportive. I feel like the team of doctors are experts in their field & their leadership helps ensure the office is effective and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
I was provided a cost sheet at the beginning which was helpful since I don’t have infertility coverage through my insurance. Fertility meds cost about $500 each time, each sonogram was $250 & the IUI was about $500+...
Describe Brian Barnett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Because we had no known issues, IUI was recommended for us which we felt great about. I had reservations about IVF which I shared with him & he shared helpful insights for me to consider if we learned we may need that path later (for example, we could limit our number of embryos if we were concerned about having many more than we wanted to implant should we ever need IVF treatment).
Frisco
He's [Dr. Barnett] open about his family and kids and inquires about our backgrounds which makes him incredibly personable, but he's a professional, and will get back to the business of discussing your game plan quickly while always taking the time to answer all of our questions...We were an unexplained case of infertility, so considering that, Dr. B wanted to only try 2 attempts at IUI starting with a conservative approach to stimulation drugs (Follistim and Clomid) for round 1, and a higher dosage for round 2. The plan was that if the IUI's didn't work, to not waste our time and money and shoot straight for IVF with a fresh transfer. First 2 IUI's were unsuccessful. Did the IVF with fresh transfer. Worked like a charm.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I remember upon first meeting Dr. B that his confidence was calming. He's incredibly knowledgeable about the fertility process, roadblocks, and options, and he was thorough when trying to figure out our fertility issues. He's straight forward and to the point, yet takes the time to get to know you which I'm all about... it's a nice balance between a realist and a coddler, if you will. It was always a pleasure meeting with him.
Be prepared with your questions and don't be afraid to keep on asking them - he's a busy doc, but he'll give you the time if you need it.
Loved every meeting with Dr. B in that I'm a fan of a doc who is direct and not too much of a hand-holder. He's open about his family and kids and inquires about our backgrounds which makes him incredibly personable, but he's a professional, and will get back to the business of discussing your game plan quickly while always taking the time to answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Wankovsky)
Amanda Wankovsky and Mallory Jackson were my dream team! Their enthusiasm for our case was sincerely appreciated, and their availability for all of my questions, requests, and needs was always on hand. They made the (sometimes) long-winded tutorials fun when I needed to learn about the meds, and when they had to call with bad news their compassion was incredible. Though when they had our good news, their excitement was amazing!! I loved having them in my corner! Stacy from Sono was also absolutely wonderful, FANTASTIC at her craft, and completely professional. And I loved the older blood lady too, though I can't remember her name! She's so great at what she does... makes you feel so comfortable and NEVER misses. Sometimes I could hardly feel it when she hit the vein. An all around AMAZING staff.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dallas IVF Frisco has a super convenient location, was incredibly clean, offerred lots of reading options in the lobby, and worked like a well-oiled machine. I did wish they had a Keurig in the lobby for some hot tea (or naughty coffee) - already told Dr. Ku that recommendation ;-)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Our insurance didn't cover much of anything, so we had to pay out of pocket.
Considering my age and a consultation with the embryologist (and my fearlessness of twins as I'm a twin and love being one) we went with 2 embryos for transfer.
Frisco
He [Dr. Brian Barnett] looked over all of my medical history and expressed what he thought was the next steps in moving forward which basically I felt like was putting me on the back burner. My accomplishments with weight loss seem to never be enough and as someone who is going to be 42 I feel like I don't have time to wait. But that didn't seem to matter. The doctor was thorough and organized and is well knowlegable in his area of expertise. But when it came to my specific needs, I felt like I wasn't heard.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
We only had a phone consult as I live in Ohio and his office is in TX. He looked over all of my medical history and expressed what he thought was the next steps in moving forward which basically I felt like was putting me on the back burner. My accomplishments with weight loss seem to never be enough and as someone who is going to be 42 I feel like I don't have time to wait. But that didn't seem to matter. The doctor was thorough and organized and is well knowlegable in his area of expertise. But when it came to my specific needs, I felt like I wasn't heard.
Make sure you have all questions and concerns written down and don't be afraid to express them.
The consult was rushed and I felt like my accomplishments and voice was considered or heard.
The only protocol that we are doing now is weightloss and maintaining that I have a cycle every month. We set up a treatment plan for other testing to be done before we start cycling for transfer.
I spoke with a nurse over the phone and received the treatment plan via email. The staff appears to be organized and timely with getting out info.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
As I live out of state from this clinic, I can't give a full opinion of this clinic. But from the little that I have experienced I believe this clinic to be orderly and timely with patient info and receiving information from previous doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
I had to pay 100.00 out of pocket for the phone consult and was informed that the thaw and transfer would cost 3700.00 not including meds and several tests leading up to transfer.
I don't know how many embryos this doctor would transfer at once but I'm not opposed to multiple embryo transfer at once.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Frisco
He [Dr. Barnett] often forgot who I was and had to look at my notes but he treated me well... is very dry and to the point which I appreciated. He specifically tailors the treatment plan based on your needs...I had tried Clomid with my OB and that didn’t work. So he suggested Femara for three months. Then when that didn’t work he suggested IUI but with only a maximum of three. After that did t work, he strongly suggested ivf with a frozen transfer. He advised against any fresh transfers especially with my PcOS
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett is very dry and to the point which I appreciated. He specifically tailors the treatment plan based on your needs. He is ruthfully honest so if you don’t appreciate that then don’t go see him. He will not hold your hand but he will do everything to get you pregnant. I trust his advice and expertise.
Don’t expect him to hold your hand!
He often forgot who I was and had to look at my notes but he treated me well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Mallory kind of took me under her wing. I always preferred to talk to Mallory because she knew me and knew my case. She was fantastic and if she didn’t know the answer to something, she would always get tj answer.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The front staff isn’t super friendly or helpful. Most of the nurses are great. The sonographer is fantastic! They have a patient portal online that you can use to see all your upcoming appointments, payments, treatment plans, lab results, etc. this is super helpful! They get results back to you very quickly and are pretty flexible with appointment times.
Total was about 25,000 for ivf I believe
Dr Barnett strongly encourages transferring one embryo at a time unless the embryos are terrible quality or you’re advanced maternal age. He advises against multiple embryos
What specific things went wrong at Dallas IVF?
Frisco
Dr. Barnett is the best doctor ever! He explains everything in detail and is very hands on. He shoots straight and I need that. He never gave up on us. He's truly a great man. I am forever grateful for every thing he has done for us. He just encouraged is at every point and I will never be able to thank him enough for our baby boy....We had 2 FET, with no baby. And the 3rd one resulted in a normal baby boy.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Even if you get a negative result, stay with the same doctor. We had 2 FET, with no baby. And the 3rd one resulted in a normal baby boy. Don't give up before the miracle happens.
Dr. Barnett is an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond for you and so does his staff. No question was stupid or small. They tested me like family. Going back for the next FET next month!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Mallory)
Amanda and Mallory always go above and beyond and treat me like family. So do all of his staff though even if I get another nurse. They all are wonderful!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I really can't say a negative thing about them. I would recommend them to everyone I know, and I do! make sure to schedule your appointments as soon as possible because they book up really quick because they are so busy.
2012 - 2018
Dr Barnett’s goal is to have you have a positive successful pregnancy. He explains his course of action, answers any questions and he is professional and courteous. He is methodical and provides timelines for the action plan. He is awesome...Dr Barnett is personable. He knows about my family plans and wants to get me the results I seek....ALL of the doctors and staff I have interacted with at this clinic [Dallas IVF] have been great. Compassionate and professional.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Same thing I’d tell anyone anywhere: Listen and ask questions.
Extremely friendly and personable.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
They are friendly, well organized and get you in and out. You’re going to be going there a lot for checks, blood work, etc-so those are pretty important things. ALL of the doctors and staff I have interacted with at this clinic have been great. Compassionate and professional.
Preference for eset. I do not know how strongly he feels about this as I have only wanted to do eset, so it was never a conversation.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
[Dr. Barnett is a] direct personality, focused on getting you through a cycle only goal is results. Not extremely friendly, very business like and cost discussed 1st visit....Make up questions prior to going and ask them. Directly ask about procedures and timelines.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Direct personality, focused on getting you through a cycle only goal is results. Not extremely friendly, very business like and cost discussed 1st visit.
Staff was professional and organized. Lots of clients, office is clean and new. Looks like a dentist office. Not much in personalized comforts.
Very quite. All dressed the same, organized.