4.8

2300 Crown Colony Drive
Quincy, MA 02169
130 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451

You will have a wait when seeing Dr. Berger, however this is a positive thing as he does not rush any patient in his office. I appreciate the time he takes to complete a thorough evaluation/consultation which is individualized to the patient. ... I went into this experience knowing little about the IVF process and Dr. Berger put my mind at ease, being patient with answering any questions I had while in his office.
Boston IVF Quincy is easily accessible. The lab-work, ultrasound run right on time in the morning which is wonderful for anyone that needs to get to work. The Quincy lab tech is fabulous and the front desk staff always helpful. ... Monitoring appointments were very convenient they were set up in a window. ... The strengths of the nurses are that they always get back to you same day when you leave a message. The weaknesses are that the nurses are not consistently assigned to your case.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I would highly recommend Dr. Brian Berger. I went into this experience knowing little about the IVF process and Dr. Berger put my mind at ease, being patient with answering any questions I had while in his office. He gave me a course of treatment/plan that he recommended but did not pressure me into it, allowing me to weigh out my options and do my own research which was very important for me since I am a self pay patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Brian Berger was very thorough at each visit/consultation. We never felt rushed while in his office and truly felt like our medical history was important in creating a plan for success.
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I believe i was on a FSH protocol, slow controlled stimulation, I stimmed for approximately 15 or 16 days, and due to risk for hyperovarian simulation syndrome I triggered with Lupron and had no issues. I had 24 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized and 11 embryos that made it to blasts/freeze at day 5/6.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Monitoring appointments were very convenient they were set up in a window.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
I am self pay, IVF with medications and frozen transfer with PGS testing roughly 22,000
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
N/A have not had transfer yet

2016 - 2019, Successful
We had a great experience with Dr Brian Berger. After our first cycle was not successful in a couple of ways, he adjusted our treatment for the second cycle. That second cycle gave us our baby girl. We are going back to him for a sibling cycle. The biggest roadblock right now is trying to get his time to write us letters of appeal for insurance (which may not be a fault of his but supporting staff not helping to get it in queue).
I had a mixed experience with the nurses [BostonIVF]. One nurse I felt would rush me through everything from paperwork to questions to talking me through progress throughout the cycle. I do not recall her name. While other nurses were so very nurturing and wouldn't mind if I called for updates to make me feel better. I think there is an opportunity for the staff to be more patient / customer focused. The office is so busy and has become so popular
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Make sure to ask any and all questions. Read up and be knowledgeable so you can advocate for yourself. This is with him or any other doctor!
Dr. Brian Berger took the time to speak to us about our case. He took the time to understand who we are as individuals and as a couple. He took the time to learn our story.
My first cycle was included estrace, crinone, follistim, low hcg, cetrotide and ovridel. It yielded 17 eggs, 5 matured, 2 fertilized, 1 became a day 3 embryo transfer. This ended in a chemical pregnancy. Round 2 had the same drugs except we did a step-down protcol in order to yield more mature eggs. Round 2 resulted in 16 eggs, 10 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 day 3 embryo. This resulted in a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I had a mixed experience with the nurses. One nurse I felt would rush me through everything from paperwork to questions to talking me through progress throughout the cycle. I do not recall her name. While other nurses were so very nurturing and wouldn't mind if I called for updates to make me feel better. I think there is an opportunity for the staff to be more patient / customer focused. The office is so busy and has become so popular that they sometimes forget.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Strengths = results, statistics (top clinic in the area) Weaknesses = putting patients first, not nurturing as should be, communication is terrible, really hard to get a hold of sometimes, constant phone tag, takes forever to get an appointment with a doctor and sometimes it is only over the phone and not in person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Our health insurance had lifetime maxes. We were able to cover treatment, minus deductibles, but had out of pocket expenses for medication. I'd say out of pocket a cycle typically costs $20K, that is with ICSI.
Dr Brian Berger was open to multiple embryo transfer, as he understands why patients would want to go that route. He just wanted to ensure his patients understood risks and to make sure they were comfortable with the outcomes that could occur.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I'm currently trying to get Dr Brian Berger to write appeal letters for both my and my husband's employer health insurance. It's taken over a month of asking and I still do not have an answer of when he can provide them to us.
South Shore

I see Dr. Berger as a remote patient--he is in Boston and I live in NY. I went to him for a second opinion after positive referrals, and liked him so much we stayed with his office despite the difficulty of added coordination being in separate cities....I have a very low AMH and low medication response. The most recent cycle and the one that yielded the most success (12 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 PGS normal, 2 transferred thus far, 0 implanted), consisted of: estrogen patch priming protocol, stim Gonal F
Boston IVF is a very well-run facility. They are flexible with remote patients, helping to coordinate outside monitoring, etc. The staff is compassionate and helpful. Like any large clinic you will be seen by a number of different doctors for retrieval and transfer if doing IVF....The nursing team was very responsive and kind. There are a few different nurses working with Dr. Berger and I can usually get the answers I'm seeking. They also allow email communication, which is extremely helpful
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I see Dr. Berger as a remote patient--he is in Boston and I live in NY. I went to him for a second opinion after positive referrals, and liked him so much we stayed with his office despite the difficulty of added coordination being in separate cities. We have not had success yet, but we have had more positive progress than we had at Weill Cornell, and better understand the course of treatment and possibilities for us. He is more willing to change protocols than my previous doctor, trying for the optimal response given my low AMH.
Ask about changes in protocols if you are unsatisfied--he is very willing to discuss.
Dr. Berger is very patient and considerate. He is empathetic. While most of our calls open with him saying I wish we were discussing better news, it feels genuine each time. You can tell he is very committed to his patients.
I have a very low AMH and low medication response. The most recent cycle and the one that yielded the most success (12 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 PGS normal, 2 transferred thus far, 0 implanted), consisted of: estrogen patch priming protocol, stim Gonal F (600 for 6 days, 450 2 days, 375 2 days), 50 low dose HCG (10 days), cetrotide (4 days).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Meghan)
The nursing team was very responsive and kind. There are a few different nurses working with Dr. Berger and I can usually get the answers I'm seeking. They also allow email communication, which is extremely helpful especially when traveling and unable to call during working hours. During active treatment cycles, there seems to be a trend in the time of callbacks with "news" - early calls are positive calls, the bad news comes late in the day. That may not be the case, but it usually pans out.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Boston IVF is a very well-run facility. They are flexible with remote patients, helping to coordinate outside monitoring, etc. The staff is compassionate and helpful. Like any large clinic you will be seen by a number of different doctors for retrieval and transfer if doing IVF. Some have greater success than others when doing retrieval (as is likely common with all procedures). Comparatively, being at Weill Cornell in NYC for 3 years prior where I felt very much like a number vs a patient, and had a hard time communicating with my doctor, Boston IVF was welcome change and despite not having any success yet still feels like a step in a more positive direction.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
I was seen for monitoring at a clinic in NYC, Columbia Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
IVF Egg Retrieval/Freeze/ PGS= $7,750 + $3,900 (freeze) then $4,000 for future transfer (plus meds) Donor Egg is $12,000 plus medication and donor agency fee’s if you are using an agency ($7K to 15k could be more)
I don't think we spent enough time on the pros/cons of single vs multiple. The thinking initially was that because they were PGS normal, implantation was more likely, so if transferring 2 you should really want twins.
Boston

Dr Berger helped me contact my OB, who was able to schedule a few tests and have it covered by my insurance under her care...is thorough, precise, kind, welcoming. He does not sugar coat anything, but he is also very gentle and sympathetic. He gets right down to the details right away and let’s you know exactly what’s going on. He has had to deliver a lot of bad news to us, specifically insurance denying us coverage, so he told us straight up but he always ALWAYS makes sure he takes time to let us voice our concerns, ask questions, cry, vent, and he lets us know our options with each step. He also lets us see the bright side of everything and let’s us know that we are not out of options.
These women [nurses at Boston IVF] were AMAZING!!!...Every single person in their offices are wonderful. Gentle, kind, compassionate, funny, empathetic, sympathetic. Some will tell you their personal stories so you don’t feel alone. Some will tell you success stories so you keep on hoping and praying. They will hand you tissues, let you cry...If you go for blood work, they will tell you what to expect. “We are gonna draw a lot today. How are you feeling about that?” They will ask if you’re comfortable, if you need anything, and always with a smile on their faces. The staff really is amazing.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger is a little intimidating at first. He will straight up tell you the bad stuff first, that treatment didn’t work, that insurance is denying treatment, that sperm counts are low. That’s exactly what has happened with my husband and I. But then, he walks us through the next steps, options, discusses everything with us and explains it all. He makes sure that we have enough time to really process and understand what news he just gave is and he answers every question to the best of his ability, or makes sure his staff gets us the answers we need. Afterwards, he always puts a positive spin on the appointment. He tells us the best possible ideas of what he wants to try next and he’s compassionate when he is discussing this all. We have been devastated at some of the news he has given us, but he always tells us there’s other ways and that we shouldn’t give up. He is extremely informative, knows the best way to treat each patient or couple, starts with the most direct treatment that will give that patient the best possible outcome. But he also is compassionate and understanding and sympathetic when it doesn’t work. And then he’s positive that there will be another way! He’s a great doctor!
Take your time before your appointment to figure out what questions you’d like answers to, big or small. This whole process is overwhelming, and I don’t think any of us really know what to expect. Dr. Berger will take the time to listen to every concern and answer every question you have. And he does it with a positive outlook, an open mind, and a caring heart.
Dr Berger is thorough, precise, kind, welcoming. He does not sugar coat anything, but he is also very gentle and sympathetic. He gets right down to the details right away and let’s you know exactly what’s going on. He has had to deliver a lot of bad news to us, specifically insurance denying us coverage, so he told us straight up but he always ALWAYS makes sure he takes time to let us voice our concerns, ask questions, cry, vent, and he lets us know our options with each step. He also lets us see the bright side of everything and let’s us know that we are not out of options.
Dr Berger first started me out with day 3 and day 21 blood tests to make sure my cycle was “normal”. He then scheduled me for an HSG, which is a procedure where an OB checked my uterus and Fallopian tubes for any blockages. He then started me on Clomid for a cycle. He wanted to make sure everything within me was working and in good shape. He also had my husband produce a few semen samples within this time to monitor his sperm. Once we knew that my reproductive system was working well, and that my husband did have healthy sperm, Dr Berger wanted to move forward with IVF. Unfortunately, our insurance will not cover it. So we are now discussing our options and praying that a miracle happens.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
These women were AMAZING!!! Believe me, if I could, I would take each one of them home and cook a huge meal for them and pamper them with lots of treats! Every single person in their offices are wonderful. Gentle, kind, compassionate, funny, empathetic, sympathetic. Some will tell you their personal stories so you don’t feel alone. Some will tell you success stories so you keep on hoping and praying. They will hand you tissues, let you cry. They are so incredibly gentle in every way, yet thorough and make sure everything is done exactly how it needs to be done. They walk you through every step so you’re not so scared, and they will hold your hand if you still are scared. When you are there, it truly feels like everyone is a friend.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
There are a lot of steps in this fertility thing. The staff always makes sure you know how the process will work and walks (and talks) you through every little and big step. If you go for blood work, they will tell you what to expect. “We are gonna draw a lot today. How are you feeling about that?” They will ask if you’re comfortable, if you need anything, and always with a smile on their faces. The staff really is amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
In the beginning, nothing was covered by my insurance. But Dr Berger helped me contact my OB, who was able to schedule a few tests and have it covered by my insurance under her care. Then, the staff at Boston IVF helped me change to an insurance company that would most likely cover everything else. Most of my “stuff” in office was covered after that, dr visits, medications, blood work, urine tests, etc. we only had to pay our copay. Dr Berger did discuss with us the costs of IUI and IVF but since insurance denied those, we are still trying to figure out what our next steps are.
South Shore
Be prepared to talk to nurses more than him [Dr. Berger] for the majority of the time...He is very kind and gentle. I wish I got hard numbers for odds, but I’m not sure any doctor can really give that. I do wish I saw or spoke with him instead of the nurses more often, but honestly, I know he is busy reviewing results and creating protocols and I can respect that. My feeling is, he is the expert and whatever he needs to make the magic happen, I support
I was given my negative result [by Boston IVF] on a voicemail once. I did not appreciate that at all. The other two times I was able to answer the phone...Nice place. Several locations, which is great. Surgery and lab on site at the main office. Although I have never been to any other clinic and cannot compare, everything feels very “top of the line” at bivf...The staff are all pretty attentive and caring. It does take a while to get a follow up appointment, but phone appointments make it easier to get one faster and since I live far away, I really appreciate being able to do phone appointments.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Be prepared to talk to nurses more than him for the majority of the time. They are really helpful though, and will make sure to get all your questions answered
We used ovarian stims to try to get several eggs at each retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I was given my negative result on a voicemail once. I did not appreciate that at all. The other two times I was able to answer the phone.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Nice place. Several locations, which is great. Surgery and lab on site at the main office. Although I have never been to any other clinic and cannot compare, everything feels very “top of the line” at bivf. Speak up and don’t be afraid to ask questions about your protocol because it might not be explained in great detail, although it will certainly be explained to some degree. I am lucky that I have great insurance, but I think they have access to grant or study $ options which is great too
We have never discussed my decision to transfer one embryo. I have always been fine with transferring two 3 day or 1 at 5 day
South Shore
It was obvious that Dr. Berger genuinely cared about us. He would come into the office and have a conversation with us about every day life. He wasn’t just there to talk IVF business. I appreciated having a friendly conversation with him that wasn’t strictly IVF related...He is a compassionate human being that genuinely cares about his patients. You could tell he felt our pain when things didn’t go as planned and he felt our happiness when they did. I was sad to have to part with him when I was 6 weeks pregnant. He made me feel like there was hope when our first doctor didn’t. He gave me our miracle baby!
They [nurse at Boston IVF] were all super sweet and very friendly...There was only one time when I wasn’t notified of my next steps. But I don’t consider that as something that requires me to tattletale on them because I understand the amount of phone calls they receive and deliver each day...Considering the amount of people they have in and out of their clinic daily I would say that they are doing pretty well. Of course there are some things that I could complain about but I wouldn’t necessarily consider them as a weakness
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Be patient. Ask any and all questions. It will happen for you one way or another. We were told by my first IVF doctor that after my daughter was born my husband wouldn’t be able to keep going in producing sperm. Here we are 4 years later with our little miracle babe!
He is aggressive. But he knows his stuff and how knows what your body can handle. I just put all my faith in him!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were all super sweet and very friendly. We attended the baby bowl right after we started seeing Brian Berger as our doctor. His nursing team was also in attendance at the baby bowl and were able to spot myself and my husband and made sure to come and say hi to us. I thought it was great how personal they were with us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Thankfully my insurance company covered almost all of our procedures due to my husband‘s condition. We however are required to pay for sperm and embryo storage
He was open to whatever we chose. But because I was healthy and young there was no need for multiples

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
I cannot say enough positive feedback about Dr. Berger. He is a brilliant MD who respects all of his patients. He has been compassionate to both my wife and I throughout this heartbreaking journey of infertility. He stood by us when we decided to fight our insurance company for IVF coverage (since this was an infertility issue and not just because we lacked sperm) after a heartbreaking year of trying to conceive. He was also so supportive and positive after we suffered a miscarriage.
I typically speak with Kayla or Allison [nurses at Boston IVF] and they are both fantastic. They are knowledgeable and compassionate. Typically, if I am calling them it's because I need something and they are always so understanding. They always call you back and never seem to be rushed or annoyed by my many questions. There is a PACU nurse named Kris, that is an exceptional nurse and such a gift to the practice. She is also so compassionate and clearly chose the right field to practice in.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
If you are contemplating a consult or even a second opinion, I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Berger. I see that others say he can run behind schedule, just plan for the time. Once in the room with him, you will have his undivided attention. That is much more important to me than someone running on time. I expect that from routine visits but not from something as emotional as a visit with your RE.
Dr. Berger is a kind and compassionate physician. He definitely treats you like a human and remembers you both on the phone and in person. Although the center is busy, I have never felt "like just another number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
I typically speak with Kayla or Allison and they are both fantastic. They are knowledgeable and compassionate. Typically, if I am calling them it's because I need something and they are always so understanding. They always call you back and never seem to be rushed or annoyed by my many questions. There is a PACU nurse named Kris, that is an exceptional nurse and such a gift to the practice. She is also so compassionate and clearly chose the right field to practice in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Everything was covered by insurance after I completed 6 IUI that was out of pocket
We did eSET for the 1st 2 transfers as it was required by BCBS of MA. We would have done 2 embryos after the first transfer failed and he supported that.
South Shore
Brian Berger is an exceptional physician and an even better person. During our visits, Dr. Berger always presented with confidence in his ability to give us our baby. He explained complicated medical terminology in a way my husband and I never felt overwhelmed by. Although he can run late for his appointments, know that he is giving the same care to all his patients...Dr. Berger always made my husband and I feel like his only patients. He would answer questions I didn't know I had by explaining every aspect of our fertility journey in detail.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is great from the receptionist, to the medical assistant, sonographer, to the physicians...The nursing staff was great and always professional. I always felt they were prompt in returning phone calls, and thorough in their explainations (medication dosage, etc)...With Massachusetts being a state that mandates fertility coverage, we were only responsible for copayment...If you are lucky enough to be able to work with Dr. Berger be prepared for appointments to run behind.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger is the best in his field. He will think outside the box and do everything he can to get you your baby.
I was 32 during my fresh cycle. I stimmed for 12 nights. I took Gonal-F and low dose HcG. Midway through, my dosage of Gonal decreased. The last four nights of stims I was on ganirelex to prevent ovulation. I triggered with Ovidrel. They were able to retrieve 16 eggs, 12 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is great from the receptionist, to the medical assistant, sonographer, to the physicians. If you are lucky enough to be able to work with Dr. Berger be prepared for appointments to run behind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Dr. Berger was willing to listen to us in regards to transferring two embryos each time.
South Shore

It was unknown why we couldn’t conceive after blood tests and semen analyses, but he [Dr. Brian Berger] suggested continuing with IVF to see if it would work...We only saw him a few times and mostly met with others, but they were all very nice...He was wonderful to speak with and was helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns... We were a little confused later on once we were pregnant that we were always in visiting with another female doctor Who ended up giving us misinformation about a possible miscarriage .
doctor [at Boston IVF] informed us at our 10 week ultrasound we would be having a miscarriage in the coming days, with an explanation of why. She also advised that we cancel our meet and greet scheduled at our chosen hospital for delivery, since it might be too emotional with the impending miscarriage. At our 11 week ultrasound all was well and she reacted as if the news the previous week had not completely shattered our spirits. We quickly scheduled an appointment for the next week with our chosen hospital for a second opinion (our own comfort and a recommendation by her). Their own ultrasound showed what BIVF had seen; however, they emphasized that it did not indicate a miscarriage and would have never caused a patient concern over what they saw.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He was wonderful to speak with and was helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns. We were a little confused later on once we were pregnant that we were always in visiting with another female doctor Who ended up giving us misinformation about a possible miscarriage .
Trust him because they know what they are doing
It was unknown why we couldn’t conceive after blood tests and semen analyses, but he suggested continuing with IVF to see if it would work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Caring and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I wish we had a better idea of what our first visit would look like and that there was more communication as to why our first meeting was almost two hours after our scheduled appointment time. We saw people going in and out consistently (ultrasounds and blood test patients) not understanding why we weren’t going in and they were. When finally called in we were made aware of a medical emergency requiring his attention which delayed our appointment. I would’ve appreciated more communication from staff making us aware of the functions of the office rather than letting us sit, crying, nervous and unsure of our decision to be there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Living on Cape Cod my option was to have blood draws at one location and ultrasounds at another, between 8-9am, first come first serve. There was often two or fewer ahead of me. This location was a half hour from my house and 45 minutes from my work in Truro. Weekends my only option was a two hour drive to Waltham.
Insurance covered most expenses
We weren’t given an option; however, we would not have chosen a multiple transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Another doctor informed us at our 10 week ultrasound we would be having a miscarriage in the coming days, with an explanation of why. She also advised that we cancel our meet and greet scheduled at our chosen hospital for delivery, since it might be too emotional with the impending miscarriage. At our 11 week ultrasound all was well and she reacted as if the news the previous week had not completely shattered our spirits. We quickly scheduled an appointment for the next week with our chosen hospital for a second opinion (our own comfort and a recommendation by her). Their own ultrasound showed what BIVF had seen; however, they emphasized that it did not indicate a miscarriage and would have never caused a patient concern over what they saw. Additionally, we found that our OB did not receive all of our paperwork after some requests.
South Shore
I felt like a human because the doctor [Dr. Berger] was very sympathetic to what I was going through and had high hopes for a successful round of ivf...I didn’t see him much but when I did he was very kind and easy to talk to...He went over everything that was going to happen with the ivf...I requested to transfer two in hopes of a higher chance of pregnancy and I ended up with twins!!...
I can’t think of any weaknesses the clinic [Boston IVF] is juts great. Strengths they are very quick to respond to call backs, if you are having a problem they can almost always get you in that same day, everyone is so friendly!...Every time I called with a question they [nurses] would answer right away. If they were unsure of something they would call me back by the end of the day. I never had to wonder what wa going on because they were so open and upfront with me.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I didn’t see him much but when I did he was very kind and easy to talk to. He was very positive that I would really benefit from a round of ivf. He went over everything that was going to happen with the ivf.
Trust him. I’m sure women going through infertility issues think this isn’t going to work either it’s just going to be a way for the doctor to get money. But it’s not it’s really works it gives you hope of haven’t a family.
I felt like a human because the doctor was very sympathetic to what I was going through and had high hopes for a successful round of ivf
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Every time I called with a question they would answer right away. If they were unsure of something they would call me back by the end of the day. I never had to wonder what wa going on because they were so open and upfront with me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I can’t think of any weaknesses the clinic is juts great. Strengths they are very quick to respond to call backs, if you are having a problem they can almost always get you in that same day, everyone is so friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My husbands insurance did not pay for any fertility treatments so we had to wait another year for open enrollment with my job. Once that was taken care of i has $10,000 for treatment and $10,000 for medications but it was only once per lifetime. Once I ran out I would have to pay out of pocket.
2013, Successful
I once went into Dr. Berger's office with a list of 45 questions and he went through all of them. A few times I was anxious in between appointments and he spoke to me by phone.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Brian Berger is a brilliant mind, exceptionally skilled physician, compassionate caregiver, and simply the ONLY doctor to see if you are seeking fertility treatment in the Boston area. Dr. Berger would spend hours in person and by phone explaining things to me over and over to make sure I understood. He always would talk about next steps so I could know that if one thing didn't work, he was thinking about what to do next. I felt that he cared about me and my mindset as well as my results. He is probably the smartest person I have ever met without him having a bit of an ego. He is truly caring and you can tell how deeply passionate he is about helping women conceive. His nurse and the entire team at Boston IVF is phenomenal. Do not go anywhere else if you live in MA.
Bring a list of questions. He will go through it with you. Don't be afraid to ask him anything.
Dr. Berger was extremely patient explaining everything to me. I once went into his office with a list of 45 questions and he went through all of them. A few times I was anxious in between appointments and he spoke to me by phone. Mostly, I felt like he was really committed to my success and really cared about my outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
I adored my nurse Kate. She was so on top of things and was extremely organized and timely with giving me instructions and information. She was very reassuring times when I was stressed and upset. She always called back immediately.

2018 - 2019, Consult
Dr. Berger is a very genuine and compassionate doctor who loves what he does. He explains all your options and what plan best fits your needs. He makes himself available and answers all of your questions. He does not make you feel like a number. In a world that can feel so alone he was able to finally give me some hope...He is worth the wait for an appointment...Due to the high demand of the clinic and Dr Berger it can be some time before you can get an appointment
[The nurses at Boston IVF are] Very compassionate and thorough. They called to follow up on me after my visit to see if I had anymore questions...Due to the high demand of the clinic and Dr Berger it can be some time before you can get an appointment. The clinic staff is all so kind and not dismissive as some places I have been. Everything is always your choice and if you are not comfortable with anything you are never rushed...
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He is worth the wait for an appointment
Adequate time was spent with me and our time did not end until all of Our questions were answered. Our questions by phone were also answered in the same day even after his office hours ended. He was genuinely sorry for the losses and emotional roller coaster we have been through over the last 2 years.
These are still being discussed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Initial visit was $395 and cost for 5 rounds with the use of my insurance is $12,500 out of pocket
Not yet discussed
South Shore

Dr Berger was open and honest and has given me a lot of insight into my PCOS and how to move forward. I appreciate his candor and explanation. He is patient and kind and understanding when I have question he always makes me feel like they are valid and is thoughrough in his explaining the answers... Two IUIs with letrzole and ovidrel.
They [Boston IVF] make sure that you are taken care of and feel important. Sometimes the initial appointment can take a little bit of time but it’s worth it because they are great. Everyone at the clinic is focused on the patient and they are all super kind and patient with questions... Dr Berger was open and honest and has given me a lot of insight into my PCOS and how to move forward. I appreciate his candor and explanation. He is patient and kind and understanding when I have question he always makes me feel like they are valid and is thoughrough in his explaining the answers
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He’s nice and likeable and will be there to answer any questions you have. He fully explains all the processes to move forward so you are comfortable with the process
He explained everything and was open and honest with me
Two IUIs with letrzole and ovidrel. Moving on to IVF now
Kind and reassuring
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They make sure that you are taken care of and feel important. Sometimes the initial appointment can take a little bit of time but it’s worth it because they are great. Everyone at the clinic is focused on the patient and they are all super kind and patient with questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Only cost not covered by insurance is for the testing of embryos
Cape Cod
2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr Berger and his staff knew my case was rough and listened to me sob and celebrated my pregnancy...told me from the beginning that it was going to be a longer road than most have. He worked with me every step of the way through failed cycles and adjusting meds and surgeries and to donor eggs where we finally had a successful pregnancy...He won’t give up on you...Trust him and listen to him.
The nurses [at Boston IVF] are amazing. Timely in their phone calls and answer all the questions that I had...The on call doctor did not call me with embryo results after one of my cycles...Fantastic clinic, everyone treated you like family. Love the Domar clinic being onsite to receive western medicine in conjunction with eastern. So many amazing doctors at Boston IVF and they all care...Dr Berger and his staff knew my case was rough and listened to me sob and celebrated my pregnancy. They always took the time to listen to me
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger told me from the beginning that it was going to be a longer road than most have. He worked with me every step of the way through failed cycles and adjusting meds and surgeries and to donor eggs where we finally had a successful pregnancy.
Trust him and listen to him. He won’t give up on you
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses are amazing. Timely in their phone calls and answer all the questions that I had
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The on call doctor did not call me with embryo results after one of my cycles
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Berger is a brilliant scientist and warm hearted individual. He, however, is not very good at time management....Frustrating as that may be, it's for good reason. He spends a lot of time with his patients, like my husband and me, after our multiple failed cycles and early pregnancy losses. He always has a plan and customizes it for each patient which of course takes time.
I feel like the care team [at Boston IVF] cares about me as an individual first and foremost....He[Dr. Berger] is also the only Boston IVF Doctor who reviews his own blood work and adjusts medications for each one of his many patients....He's brilliant but frequently behind schedule.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger is a brilliant scientist and warm hearted individual. He, however, is not very good at time management. Unless it is the first appointment of the day, it is unlikely that you will be seen before at least 45 minutes after your appointment (if not 60 or 90 minutes later). Frustrating as that may be, it's for good reason. He spends a lot of time with his patients, like my husband and me, after our multiple failed cycles and early pregnancy losses. He always has a plan and customizes it for each patient which of course takes time. He is also the only Boston IVF Doctor who reviews his own blood work and adjusts medications for each one of his many patients.
Don't make plans for after your appointment. He's brilliant but frequently behind schedule.
I feel like the care team cares about me as an individual first and foremost.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lamb)
Her level of personal caring for me, even if we weren't actively pursuing treatment.
Foxboro
2005 - 2011, Successful
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner. Kind, funny, calm and wicked smart....Brian is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around...Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!...I didn't work with them [the nursing staff] too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind...[Dr. Brian Berger] is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
I'm sorry I don't remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I didn't work with them too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!
Waltham

Doctor Berger had NO preference [with Eset]. Said the chances the embryos sticking are the same if we transfer one or two...The first time I met Dr Berger he sat and spoke with me for TWO and a HALF HOURS! Answered all my questions, went through all of my paperwork chart by chart, talked about game plan, put my mind at ease and let me know ALL possible options!... He went through each medication and let me know what exactly each would be used for and how it will help.
[Boston IVF] Work WITH my cycle and even did an egg retrieval on a Sunday morning when my body was ready...PGS testing not covered so had to pay $3,700 out of pocket but it is WELL worth it. Also another $500 for meds not covered...The first time I met Dr Berger he sat and spoke with me for TWO and a HALF HOURS! Answered all my questions, went through all of my paperwork chart by chart, talked about game plan, put my mind at ease and let me know ALL possible options!
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger was able to explain how this cycle would be different from my treatment at FCNE and why I am considered a special case. He went through each medication and let me know what exactly each would be used for and how it will help.
Expect a miracle!
No shots. No birth control. Letrozole, low dose hcg, leuprolide, cetrotide, gonal F, ovidrel (trigger shot), doxyclycline, medrol and crinone inserts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Would call me and tell me they are missing paperwork when they actually had it in their possession. Failed to order meds.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Cleaner, nice facilities than FCNE. Better locations. Work WITH my cycle and even did an egg retrieval on a Sunday morning when my body was ready. FCNE only does procedures on Tuesdays so if my body wasn't ready I would be overmedicated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Doctor Berger had NO preference. Said the chances the embryos sticking are the same if we transfer one or two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I would just ask that the nurses LOOK in their files before accusing me of not sending the right paperwork
Boston

He [Dr. Brian Berger] listened to my concerns and was very helpful with answers...was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. He was timely in responding to me. He also gave me realistic expectations. He made the process as painless and not frustrating as he could...I have poor egg quality. We did two egg retrieval’s and PGS tasting to get the best quality egg for transfer...You have to be proactive and follow up...
A weakness [at Boston IVF] would be calling patients back. I realize it’s busy but maybe an email option would be easier for easy questions. You have to be proactive and call for results sometimes. The insurance price takes a long time for results. I found that frustrating...The nursing staff was supportive and helpful...It was difficult to get to the lab sometimes on work days. I wish there was an option for afternoon blood draws...Pgs twice coating over $7,000 Meds $1500 All other cost $10,000
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. He was timely in responding to me. He also gave me realistic expectations. He made the process as painless and not frustrating as he could.
You have to be proactive and follow up.
He listened to my concerns and was very helpful with answers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was supportive and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
A weakness would be calling patients back. I realize it’s busy but maybe an email option would be easier for easy questions. You have to be proactive and call for results sometimes. The insurance price takes a long time for results. I found that frustrating.
Pgs twice coating over $7,000 Meds $1500 All other cost $10,000
I don’t have a comment for this
Boston

I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism [by Dr. Berger]. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first...He was very personal and knowledgeable. Went over everything and was extremely patient with all the questions we had. And he was able to diagnose and help me with what I had been struggling with for over a year.
They [nurses at Boston IVF] go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them...With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.... The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I have nothing negative to say about Dr. Berger. I was very impressed at how smart and knowledgeable he was and how quickly he was to diagnose me and start treatment for me to start feeling better and to start fertility treatment. He was also kind, gentle and patient with both my husband and me.
Try your best to stay relaxed. Be organized and be ready to ask all the questions.
I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first because of insurance purposes and Dr. Berger was fine with that. Unfortunately it did not work so we will be moving on with IUI for this next cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I am completely blown away by Dr.Bergers nursing staff! They go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
So far I do not have anything negative to say. I’m impressed with the technology, the doctors and the entire staff. I’ve only experienced strength as of right now and not weaknesses. I would let any new patient know that they can rest easy being in their care. Yes, come prepared with questions and be ready to advocate for yourself but know they will listen and ready to help you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
So far insurance has covered treatment. We are getting ready for IUI which insurance will not cover. The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.
Cape Cod

I adore Dr. Brian Berger but feel that he is so busy, sometimes I dealt a lot with the nurses opposed to him... One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Nurses were great [at Boston IVF]! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor. I always trusted him and had faith that he would help us have a child. One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Ask questions. And ask about future plans so you are prepared.
All 3 iui's I started on letrozole cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound and blood started on day 12 and hug trigger shot when my follicles were 18mm+.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurses were great! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Better communication. More providers at the south shore center so the wait isn't so long. And just being more straightforward with information. If a patient is overweight, make sure it it communicated that they have a BMI requirement.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Med refill took 4 days to be called into pharmacy. Wasn't told about the BMI requirement with anesthesia dept.
2015 - 2018, Successful
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter...Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision...I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went.
I think everyone at this clinic [Boston IVF] has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture...but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!...I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger has been very direct and to the point about my treatment and expectations. I have always felt that I was in good hands and that he was in full control over how my cycle turned out. In the times that I showed concern or was nervous about a procedure he really spoke to me like a human and not a doctor, which was such a comfort. In a consultation I had recently with him, after having my daughter and going back for a frozen transfer I told him that what I experienced with my IVF cycle went so much easier than I had anticipated and it was because of him that it went so well. I did wish that I could see my doctor more for procedures, instead of sometimes having all different doctors, but at the same time I knew dr. Berger was in full control of my cycle and I felt so comfortable with everyone at Boston IVF. Dr. Berger always stresses excellence in his field and the importance of keeping up with what is best for his patients treatments, so I knew that he would never let me in the hands of a colleague that wouldn't be equally excellent to execute his plans. This really spoke volumes in the amount of trust I put in him for my care, and how pleased I was with the results.
I would tell a prospective patient that it's important to get all your information and ask all your questions during your consultation, you won't necessarily get the chance to see him or talk to him again during your cycle. It's important to trust what he wants to do to help you.
I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went. After having my daughter, my husband and I went back for a consultation to do a frozen embryo transfer and he was so happy to see us and see that we had success. We had a very nice conversation while also being down to business to make sure we have success for our family again. We couldn't be happier!
I can't remember with my IVF cycle what the specifics were, I am currently doing a frozen transfer and my protocol so far is to take letrozole cycle days 3-7, then blood work/ ultrasound cycle day 10. I will be taking ovidrel, edomitrine, doxicycline, and methylprednisolon
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff has always been very organized and very easy to talk to. I really appreciate how they handle your cycle and how they communicate what needs to be done. They have always been very quick to get things done for you also.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure. I found that it was nice at times that you had to call and leave voicemails, that way you always got the exact and correct answers you needed, although sometimes you just want to call and get through to someone so you don't have to wait for a phone call, but that's just sometimes in my opinion. I think everyone at this clinic has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture. The worst part was the commute during rush hour to get to appointments, but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My fresh cycle I was on different insurance so more of my drugs were covered. For my frozen transfer, I'm finding the cost of my medication more expensive due to my current insurance.
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter. Going back for a frozen transfer we were not sure what to do, how many embryos. Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision
South Shore

He [Dr. Berger] tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable...He used an aggressive approach to stimulating my ovaries because I am older and wanted to freeze eggs...He is easy to talk to, thinks critically, has enormous amount of experience, cares about his patients truly, very attentive. He is skilled. He talked to me about decisions so that I could participate and so that I was comfortable.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket [at Boston IVF]. Reasonable cost compared to others...I liked the flexibility of having many offices throughout the Boston area. The staff love their job and it shows in how they treat patients. The technicians seemed skilled at their job and were very pleasant. There isn't continuity in who you'll see from time to time, but that didn't bother me...[nurses were] Super responsive, kind, patient.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Super responsive, kind, patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket. Reasonable cost compared to others