4.7

Waltham
130 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr Berger and his staff knew my case was rough and listened to me sob and celebrated my pregnancy...told me from the beginning that it was going to be a longer road than most have. He worked with me every step of the way through failed cycles and adjusting meds and surgeries and to donor eggs where we finally had a successful pregnancy...He won’t give up on you...Trust him and listen to him.
The nurses [at Boston IVF] are amazing. Timely in their phone calls and answer all the questions that I had...The on call doctor did not call me with embryo results after one of my cycles...Fantastic clinic, everyone treated you like family. Love the Domar clinic being onsite to receive western medicine in conjunction with eastern. So many amazing doctors at Boston IVF and they all care...Dr Berger and his staff knew my case was rough and listened to me sob and celebrated my pregnancy. They always took the time to listen to me
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger told me from the beginning that it was going to be a longer road than most have. He worked with me every step of the way through failed cycles and adjusting meds and surgeries and to donor eggs where we finally had a successful pregnancy.
Trust him and listen to him. He won’t give up on you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses are amazing. Timely in their phone calls and answer all the questions that I had
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
The on call doctor did not call me with embryo results after one of my cycles
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Berger is a brilliant scientist and warm hearted individual. He, however, is not very good at time management....Frustrating as that may be, it's for good reason. He spends a lot of time with his patients, like my husband and me, after our multiple failed cycles and early pregnancy losses. He always has a plan and customizes it for each patient which of course takes time.
I feel like the care team [at Boston IVF] cares about me as an individual first and foremost....He[Dr. Berger] is also the only Boston IVF Doctor who reviews his own blood work and adjusts medications for each one of his many patients....He's brilliant but frequently behind schedule.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger is a brilliant scientist and warm hearted individual. He, however, is not very good at time management. Unless it is the first appointment of the day, it is unlikely that you will be seen before at least 45 minutes after your appointment (if not 60 or 90 minutes later). Frustrating as that may be, it's for good reason. He spends a lot of time with his patients, like my husband and me, after our multiple failed cycles and early pregnancy losses. He always has a plan and customizes it for each patient which of course takes time. He is also the only Boston IVF Doctor who reviews his own blood work and adjusts medications for each one of his many patients.
Don't make plans for after your appointment. He's brilliant but frequently behind schedule.
I feel like the care team cares about me as an individual first and foremost.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lamb)
Her level of personal caring for me, even if we weren't actively pursuing treatment.
Foxboro
Knowledgeable. Answers questions thoroughly. Very busy, difficult to get in touch with. Can be smug, but if he gets the job done then I don't have a problem with it. That is all I have to say about dr berger...[Boston IVF was] Very unorganized. poor communication. Ie don't respond to emails or faxes. My biggest barrier to care was the office staff and nurses. I had an appointment cancelled on me at 4:55pm the evening before because they misplaced paperwork.
Very unorganized. poor communication. Ie don't respond to emails or faxes. My biggest barrier to care was the office staff and nurses. I had an appointment cancelled on me at 4:55pm the evening before because they misplaced paperwork...Nursing staff at Quincy office were subpar. Waltham office nurses were wonderful.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Be ready for waiting room delays
De Berger explained everything very clearly. Answered questions when meeting with him. Near impossible to speak to/communicate with unless you have an appointment
2005 - 2011, Successful
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner. Kind, funny, calm and wicked smart....Brian is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around...Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!...I didn't work with them [the nursing staff] too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind...[Dr. Brian Berger] is awesome. From start to finish he patiently answered all of our questions, anticipated our concerns in advance, and was so knowledgeable. He is so skilled at problem solving, even when the answer was out of reach to us, he put us at ease every step of the way. We knew we were seeing the best doctor around.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Ask all the questions. Don't hesitate!
Describe the protocols Brian Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I'm sorry I don't remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I didn't work with them too frequently but when I did they were professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I have no complaints. I love Boston IVF in Waltham!
Waltham

Doctor Berger had NO preference [with Eset]. Said the chances the embryos sticking are the same if we transfer one or two...The first time I met Dr Berger he sat and spoke with me for TWO and a HALF HOURS! Answered all my questions, went through all of my paperwork chart by chart, talked about game plan, put my mind at ease and let me know ALL possible options!... He went through each medication and let me know what exactly each would be used for and how it will help.
[Boston IVF] Work WITH my cycle and even did an egg retrieval on a Sunday morning when my body was ready...PGS testing not covered so had to pay $3,700 out of pocket but it is WELL worth it. Also another $500 for meds not covered...The first time I met Dr Berger he sat and spoke with me for TWO and a HALF HOURS! Answered all my questions, went through all of my paperwork chart by chart, talked about game plan, put my mind at ease and let me know ALL possible options!
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr Berger was able to explain how this cycle would be different from my treatment at FCNE and why I am considered a special case. He went through each medication and let me know what exactly each would be used for and how it will help.
Expect a miracle!
No shots. No birth control. Letrozole, low dose hcg, leuprolide, cetrotide, gonal F, ovidrel (trigger shot), doxyclycline, medrol and crinone inserts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Would call me and tell me they are missing paperwork when they actually had it in their possession. Failed to order meds.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Cleaner, nice facilities than FCNE. Better locations. Work WITH my cycle and even did an egg retrieval on a Sunday morning when my body was ready. FCNE only does procedures on Tuesdays so if my body wasn't ready I would be overmedicated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Describe Brian Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Doctor Berger had NO preference. Said the chances the embryos sticking are the same if we transfer one or two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
I would just ask that the nurses LOOK in their files before accusing me of not sending the right paperwork
Boston

He [Dr. Brian Berger] listened to my concerns and was very helpful with answers...was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. He was timely in responding to me. He also gave me realistic expectations. He made the process as painless and not frustrating as he could...I have poor egg quality. We did two egg retrieval’s and PGS tasting to get the best quality egg for transfer...You have to be proactive and follow up...
A weakness [at Boston IVF] would be calling patients back. I realize it’s busy but maybe an email option would be easier for easy questions. You have to be proactive and call for results sometimes. The insurance price takes a long time for results. I found that frustrating...The nursing staff was supportive and helpful...It was difficult to get to the lab sometimes on work days. I wish there was an option for afternoon blood draws...Pgs twice coating over $7,000 Meds $1500 All other cost $10,000
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. He was timely in responding to me. He also gave me realistic expectations. He made the process as painless and not frustrating as he could.
You have to be proactive and follow up.
He listened to my concerns and was very helpful with answers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was supportive and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
A weakness would be calling patients back. I realize it’s busy but maybe an email option would be easier for easy questions. You have to be proactive and call for results sometimes. The insurance price takes a long time for results. I found that frustrating.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Pgs twice coating over $7,000 Meds $1500 All other cost $10,000
I don’t have a comment for this

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Brian Berger is very honest and straightforward, but also sensitive to the information he shares. During a consult, he listens and answers questions and takes the time to go over next steps. I plan to continue my treatments with Dr. Berger...Trust that you're in the best hands...
The [Boston IVF] clinic in Quincy is right off of the highway. Early morning appointments are best, with minimal wait time. One of my only complaints is not having a consistent nurse throughout my cycles. I spoke to several nurses and it was difficult for the nurses to get caught up on current cycle information...The nursing staff is friendly and most are compassionate.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Trust that you're in the best hands.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff is friendly and most are compassionate.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic in Quincy is right off of the highway. Early morning appointments are best, with minimal wait time. One of my only complaints is not having a consistent nurse throughout my cycles. I spoke to several nurses and it was difficult for the nurses to get caught up on current cycle information.
Quincy

I adore Dr. Brian Berger but feel that he is so busy, sometimes I dealt a lot with the nurses opposed to him... One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Nurses were great [at Boston IVF]! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Brian Berger is a wonderful doctor. I always trusted him and had faith that he would help us have a child. One issue I was disappointed about was after 3 unsuccessful iui's, we went in for our consult for IVF and to begin the process. We were told then that my BMI was too high and I would need to lose 40 pounds to proceed. I was angry because I had been seeing him for almost a year at that point and was never told this information or I would have already worked at losing weight.
Ask questions. And ask about future plans so you are prepared.
All 3 iui's I started on letrozole cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound and blood started on day 12 and hug trigger shot when my follicles were 18mm+.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Nurses were great! I did have 1 or 2 who were not so friendly. And after a failed iui, did not have much compassion when they called to tell me of my negative blood test. The nurses also perform the iui's and 1 of them was horrific. She started with the largest speculum and the whole procedure was incredibly uncomfortable. My most favorite nurse was Melissa Craig. She is a saint and was always so wonderful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Better communication. More providers at the south shore center so the wait isn't so long. And just being more straightforward with information. If a patient is overweight, make sure it it communicated that they have a BMI requirement.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Med refill took 4 days to be called into pharmacy. Wasn't told about the BMI requirement with anesthesia dept.
South Shore

I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism [by Dr. Berger]. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first...He was very personal and knowledgeable. Went over everything and was extremely patient with all the questions we had. And he was able to diagnose and help me with what I had been struggling with for over a year.
They [nurses at Boston IVF] go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them...With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.... The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
I have nothing negative to say about Dr. Berger. I was very impressed at how smart and knowledgeable he was and how quickly he was to diagnose me and start treatment for me to start feeling better and to start fertility treatment. He was also kind, gentle and patient with both my husband and me.
Try your best to stay relaxed. Be organized and be ready to ask all the questions.
I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism. He first wanted to treat that and I am starting to feel better with treatment. Next we did HSG dye test, I had no blockages. Dr. Berger wanted to do medicated assisted IUI but I decided to do Letrozole with timed intercourse first because of insurance purposes and Dr. Berger was fine with that. Unfortunately it did not work so we will be moving on with IUI for this next cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I am completely blown away by Dr.Bergers nursing staff! They go above and beyond of their duties. They have been patient and gentle through the hard times and all the many questions I have and also they do not mind if I have to call several times a day. They are very smart and organized. I don’t have enough good things to say about them.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
So far I do not have anything negative to say. I’m impressed with the technology, the doctors and the entire staff. I’ve only experienced strength as of right now and not weaknesses. I would let any new patient know that they can rest easy being in their care. Yes, come prepared with questions and be ready to advocate for yourself but know they will listen and ready to help you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
So far insurance has covered treatment. We are getting ready for IUI which insurance will not cover. The financial department has been great working with my husband and me. Medication assisted IUI cost $1050 that we did pay and they called us to let us know that they have a military discount. Which was a blessing to hear with Tri care not covering our next step.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
With certain blood and test results I’ve had to call them to get the results.
Cape Cod
2015 - 2018, Successful
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter...Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision...I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went.
I think everyone at this clinic [Boston IVF] has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture...but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!...I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Berger has been very direct and to the point about my treatment and expectations. I have always felt that I was in good hands and that he was in full control over how my cycle turned out. In the times that I showed concern or was nervous about a procedure he really spoke to me like a human and not a doctor, which was such a comfort. In a consultation I had recently with him, after having my daughter and going back for a frozen transfer I told him that what I experienced with my IVF cycle went so much easier than I had anticipated and it was because of him that it went so well. I did wish that I could see my doctor more for procedures, instead of sometimes having all different doctors, but at the same time I knew dr. Berger was in full control of my cycle and I felt so comfortable with everyone at Boston IVF. Dr. Berger always stresses excellence in his field and the importance of keeping up with what is best for his patients treatments, so I knew that he would never let me in the hands of a colleague that wouldn't be equally excellent to execute his plans. This really spoke volumes in the amount of trust I put in him for my care, and how pleased I was with the results.
I would tell a prospective patient that it's important to get all your information and ask all your questions during your consultation, you won't necessarily get the chance to see him or talk to him again during your cycle. It's important to trust what he wants to do to help you.
I felt that he really has such a passion for what he does, so during his care I was blown away by how everything went. After having my daughter, my husband and I went back for a consultation to do a frozen embryo transfer and he was so happy to see us and see that we had success. We had a very nice conversation while also being down to business to make sure we have success for our family again. We couldn't be happier!
I can't remember with my IVF cycle what the specifics were, I am currently doing a frozen transfer and my protocol so far is to take letrozole cycle days 3-7, then blood work/ ultrasound cycle day 10. I will be taking ovidrel, edomitrine, doxicycline, and methylprednisolon
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff has always been very organized and very easy to talk to. I really appreciate how they handle your cycle and how they communicate what needs to be done. They have always been very quick to get things done for you also.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I love how this entire clinic, with all their different locations, works as one giant team. I felt very taken Care of, even when I didn't necessarily know the doctor or nurse who was caring for me during a certain procedure. I found that it was nice at times that you had to call and leave voicemails, that way you always got the exact and correct answers you needed, although sometimes you just want to call and get through to someone so you don't have to wait for a phone call, but that's just sometimes in my opinion. I think everyone at this clinic has been super positive, helpful and kind. I also love that they have the Domar center and offer so much that helps during your treatment, like acupuncture. The worst part was the commute during rush hour to get to appointments, but it was definitely worth it for the care you receive. I would honestly say that the doctors, nurses and staff here are the equivalent to Disney employees, everyone is so nice to you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
My fresh cycle I was on different insurance so more of my drugs were covered. For my frozen transfer, I'm finding the cost of my medication more expensive due to my current insurance.
For my fresh cycle we chose to put 2 embryos in, the result was my daughter. Going back for a frozen transfer we were not sure what to do, how many embryos. Dr. Berger asked how many babies we want for this pregnancy, we responded with 1, and he said that's our answer! I really liked how he very simply helped us make such an important decision
South Shore

He [Dr. Berger] tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable...He used an aggressive approach to stimulating my ovaries because I am older and wanted to freeze eggs...He is easy to talk to, thinks critically, has enormous amount of experience, cares about his patients truly, very attentive. He is skilled. He talked to me about decisions so that I could participate and so that I was comfortable.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket [at Boston IVF]. Reasonable cost compared to others...I liked the flexibility of having many offices throughout the Boston area. The staff love their job and it shows in how they treat patients. The technicians seemed skilled at their job and were very pleasant. There isn't continuity in who you'll see from time to time, but that didn't bother me...[nurses were] Super responsive, kind, patient.
How was your experience with Brian Berger at Boston IVF?
He tailored plans to my needs even though some aspects were not typically recommended. He went way above and beyond what I expect from a doctor with his time to make sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Super responsive, kind, patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Berger at Boston IVF.
Paid for egg freezing out of pocket. Reasonable cost compared to others