Medical SchoolWayne State
FellowshipU. of Vermont
1371 NW 121st
Clive, IA 50325
515-222-3060
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brian Cooper to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mid-Iowa Fertility to a friend?
2008 - 2018
Dr Brian Cooper was always super friendly like he was our best friend and had known him our whole lives. He also always acted like he was super excited to see us like we were long lost friends he hadn’t seen in years. He always made us feel special like a human instead of a number or payday.... The only time that I can say we had any issue with Dr Cooper is my wife had asked multiple times if there was anything else that could be causing the infertility and was always told no.
2008 - 2018
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Cooper was always super friendly and made us feel like a human and not a number. He always made my wife and I feel comfortable like we could talk to him about anything going on good or bad and he would have a answer for us. We switched from a dr that we really didn’t like to Dr Cooper years ago and it was a night and day difference on the way he made us feel. The only time that I can say we had any issue with Dr Cooper is my wife had asked multiple times if there was anything else that could be causing the infertility and was always told no. After we decided to move forward with IVF he then said there was some polyps that had to be surgically removed from my wife’s uterus that could cause infertility and cause the IVF to not work. Other than that one issue Dr Cooper has been absolutely fantastic. I would recommend him to anyone having the unfortunate problem of infertility that my wife and I have dealt with for so many years now. Dr Cooper is an excellent fertility dr in my opinion and has a great bedside manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
To definitely go see Dr Cooper and be open with everything you have going on wether it be good or bad. Listen to what he has to say. He will not make you feel bad no matter what your situation is.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Describe the protocols Brian Cooper used in your cycles at Mid-Iowa Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Cooper had us do 8 inseminations with the rational of if you follow up with intercourse there is a good chance of a pregnancy. All 8 Times they produced negative pregnancy tests.
Every nurse we dealt with was friendly and helpful. There was never a very long wait time for anything my wife and I were having done. The only complaint would have to be the billing department which isn’t really part of the nursing team but billing seems to be very unorganized.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Mid-Iowa fertility all around is a very good well organized clinic. You never have very long wait times for anything you might be there for the nurses are always ready to get you back and get any process started and over with quickly. Dr Cooper is outstanding and always a friendly smile and handshake when you see him. The only weakness I would say Mid-Iowa fertility has is their billing department. They seem to always be very unorganized and not sure what you had done or what you still owe. I would recommend this clinic as an all around great clinic just be sure to keep track of your billing the best you can on your own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The costs under Dr Cooper were pretty on par with other infertility treatment center that we checked into and in some cases a little cheaper.
2013 - 2018
The egg retrieval [with Dr. Brian Cooper] went well, we got 15 eggs and 8 fertilized. By day 5, we only had 1 embryo which we transferred...Dr. Cooper is always so kind and gentle. He is extremely knowledgeable. He will give you all the facts, and still gives you the chance to advocate for yourself and guide your treatments. He always remains familiar with my history unlike some doctors that always have to ask questions about what we’ve done in the past.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is always upbeat, and even made me feel positive no matter how I went into the clinic feeling. He truly makes you feel like he will do everything he can to help you expand your family. We met with Dr. Cooper after having a not so great consult with our first fertility doctor. After meeting Dr. Cooper for the first time, my husband and I both felt a huge sense of relief! He has always made us feel so comfortable, so much that we drive over 3 hours to his clinc when we could go to closer ones.
Just sit and talk to Dr. Cooper one time! He is so easy to talk to, and you will leave feeling that he will do everything he can to get you to your goal!
Our first time with Dr Cooper was in 2013. We had been trying for 2.5 years and another fertility doctor tried to send us straight to IVF. Dr Cooper gave us different options. We started with 3 IUI’s with femara because we had no known fertility issues (after testing on both my husband and I). When those 3 IUI’s failed, he suggested a laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis, sure enough I had it. He removed the endometriosis and felt confident that I would become pregnant, and I did the following cycle. Now we have been on this journey for 2 years again for our second child. Unfortunately, we removed endometriosis again, but we have not been able to get pregnant again. We tried 5 IUI’s with femara, then moved on to IVF. I responded well to the injections and my estrogen levels were fine. The egg retrieval went well, we got 15 eggs and 8 fertilized. By day 5, we only had 1 embryo which we transferred. This week we confirmed that the transfer failed. We will be following up with Dr Cooper to discuss what may have happened and what are options are for the future. Hopefully we will finally find the real reason for our infertility through this failed IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Senta)
Senta was helpful in doing the class for our IVF cycle, and was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. I was a little sad that I didn’t always have the same nurse doing my ultrasounds. The nurse I had for my retrieval was wonderful, sadly I can’t remember her name because the whole day was a blur! They are all so caring !
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I feel that overall the clinic is great at calling you back, setting up appointments, and answering questions. Whitney with billing has been extremely helpful to me. They are also understanding that we drive a far distance and will try to do as much as they can over the phone. Dr. Cooper has personally called me several times and spent time discussing plans with me. We love this clinic!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
When I received my calendar, all of my monitoring appointments were scheduled for me ahead of time. However I needed to change some times for my own convenience and they were always able to accommodate me.
I believe the IUI’s were around $500. Our IVF cycle cost $10,900 up front. We also spend around $3,500 for our medications that cycle. We do not have any insurance coverage for fertility treatments. My laparoscopic surgeries were covered by insurance, and labs can typically be billed to insurance.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Cooper talked to us like he was an old friend. He knew who we were without looking at charts. He always listened to what we had to say and would take our input into consideration with every treatment option we went through. He doesn't treat you like every other patient, he tailors each treatment to each individual that comes into his office. ..He even stopped while I was praying before surgery and bowed his head for me to finish. That is respect!
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He talks to you like a friend. He jokes around sometimes, but tells you like it is. We always feel he is on our side cheering us on. I have had many issues and setbacks in my journey so far, and he has taken each issue as it arose and found the best line of treatment for us each time. He even stopped while I was praying before surgery and bowed his head for me to finish. That is respect!
Be open and honest about everything. Don't hide an issue, because he wants to find a way to fix you. Listen to his advice and give him your thoughts as well.
Dr. Cooper talked to us like he was an old friend. He knew who we were without looking at charts. He always listened to what we had to say and would take our input into consideration with every treatment option we went through. He doesn't treat you like every other patient, he tailors each treatment to each individual that comes into his office. We chose him because of many good referrals from friends and family we knew of.
Prenatal Vitamins- for prepping body; HSG- found blocked tubes; Provera- made me very anemic first time, had to go on birth control for 2 weeks to stop bleeding, because I almost passed out at work; Metformin 1500mg- for PCOS and weight issues; Vitamin D 2000ui- for deficiency; Hystereoscopy/Laproscopic surgery- found septummed uterus, one tube blocked by polyps, other tube was kinked and attached to uterus from scar tissue (fixed all); Provera (2nd time)- to start period; Femara (letrozole) 7.5 mg- day 3-7 of each cycle for 4 months, resulted in very heavy day 2 and 3; Sonohystegram- to check on the tubes and see what the heavy cycle days were doing; Femara (letrozole) 10 mg- just finished 2nd month
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
They got back to me promptly, except for once (message got lost?), on all questions.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Many of the people there seemed knowledgeable and willing to help. Very friendly staff. One issue I had was there were a couple times you could hear what was being said in the lab, as it was right off the waiting room. Which makes me think that the whole waiting room probably heard me humming Jesus Loves Me as I got poked on my first visit.
Clive
He took the time to explain everything that was happening and why it was happening. He asked all of our questions and never made us feel dumb for asking them or like we were wasting his time. He always tried to make light of the situation or make us feel like there was still hope. He was very compassionate when we had a miscarriage and didn't make me feel crazy when I mentioned I had been feeling anxiety and depression afterward. He always made me laugh during the embryo transfers...
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I would say be patient, he is a good doctor and he is hard to get into but he is worth the wait.
He took the time to answer questions and explain everything in a way we could understand. He always came in while I was in the office if I asked for him. When I said I felt like I was going through some anxiety and depression after a miscarriage and several treatments, he didn't make me feel crazy. He told me about support groups and explained to me that this was extremely common. He's funny and lightens up every situation if he can.
When we first went to see Dr. Cooper, we had been trying for about 2 years. My previous OB had done a few tests including the BRACA gene, but nothing much beyond that. He immediately had me doing several labs, testing my husbands sperm and had me go in for an HSG. We found several things wrong with my right tube from my appendix bursting 5 years previous. He immediately scheduled a laparoscopy for the next month. He suggested we try on our own for a few months after that and see if we corrected the problem and we did get pregnant, but it ended in a tragic miscarriage. He suggested IUI so we did 3 rounds of that and it didn't work. We moved right into IVF right after. There are several appointments they have you do leading up to IVF. Blood work, STD screening, a class that teaches you how to give yourself the shots and what to expect, and lots of ultrasounds. remember the doses of anything but they give you a nice calendar with everything laid out when you need to stop and start medications and when your appointments will be. I cannot We only had to do 1 egg retrieval but 2 transfers. The first transfer was not successful and the second one ended in a beautiful baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sheila)
When you start IVF they have specific staff assigned just for IVF patients. You are given emails and phone numbers to reach them at anytime. They are pretty quick to respond and compassionate. They learn your story and follow along with you. Most of them have gone through infertility themselves. The lab nurse cried with me on the day of my beta results, I looked forward to getting my blood drawn because I got to see her. Also, the lab dr. Kepler was really amazing
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
It is hard to get in to see him because there are only 2 places in the state and it is very busy. The front desk people also leave something to be desired. We had a disagreement with the finance lady at the front desk and had to get the dr. involved. They have a no child policy in the clinic which is nice right after you've had a miscarriage and you can't even look at a child without crying. It is very clean and a little bit homey.
I believe gentic testing was $2500 and a transfer was $3000. I can't remember many costs because we had a lifetime maximum policy on our insurance. My husband switched jobs in between but we used his first policy that was $25,000 and have used half of his $15,000. Genetic testing and embryo storage is not included. Embryo storage is $600/year.
Describe Brian Cooper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The dr. prefers single transfers. He says there are more complications with 2 ie going early harder on the mom etc. If you are over 35 I think it is they will do 2 unless you ask for 1.
2006 - 2012
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Brian Cooper has excellent bedside manner. He will sit down with you and tell you all your options and approximate cost from the beginning so you know the path you are going down from the beginning. He even takes notes for you when you meet with him for any consults and gives you those to take with you. He very much let me direct the path I wanted to go down...He is very honest and makes you feel very comfortable no matter the situation...He made you feel like a human being and let you control the timing and course you took within reason. I highly recommend him!
2006 - 2012
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Brian Cooper is excellent at what he does. He is very honest and makes you feel very comfortable no matter the situation. I had a brief experience with another fertility specialist that was cold and made you feel like you were a number and the experience with Dr Brian Cooper was just the opposite of that. He made you feel like a human being and let you control the timing and course you took within reason. I highly recommend him!
Trust him. He knows what he is doing and will take excellent care of you!
It has been too long to remember what all the different strategies were. But basically I went through testing to make sure I had no issues, I did several rounds of donor insemination, when things weren't working out I would consult with Brian Cooper and he would maybe change a med or we would discuss other alternatives. This went on until I had several donor inseminations that didn't take or didn't make it past the very early stages and one miscarriage and then I decided to use donor embryos. But because of how he handled my consultations I knew all my options so I could review those as everything else was going on and not working. Then my one and only donor embryo produced a live birth.
They were awesome! Very kind, caring and compassionate. Somehow that clinic has had to take care of a lot of people as I keep hearing of people who have gone there and there isn't another one in the area, but you would never know it by the care you received or the waiting room. They always had clients there but it was never crazy busy and you always felt like you were very important to them. They always remembered you and your situation. The staff was excellent!
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
It is a very quiet and relaxed atmosphere. It is an excellent clinic. They think of everything. I really can not come up with any weaknesses.
For the time I believe they seemed reasonable to me.
I don't recall for sure if he transferred one or two, but I am almost certain he didn't transfer any more than that.
Clive
Dr.Cooper is sometimes a little distant and speaks above patients, but his intentions are good. He means well and wants to see you have a successful pregnancy. He's even gone above and beyond to make things work for us financially.... We've undergone 6 IUIs, nothing out of the normal. 2 IVF cycles. We used regular injections and retrieval procedures. The first round we did 2 fresh transfers at day 5, then attempted a frozen transfer but none survived the thaw. Most recently, none of our embryos made it to day 5 in treatment #2.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Be patient and understanding that some things are out of his control. He's fighting for you.
They've worked very hard for us at this clinic and have offered some financial discounts. They also sent flowers after a natural pregnancy and miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sheila Rees)
Sheila is always going the extra mile for me and my husband. She's so compassionate and caring. She truly is fighting for us.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Strengths: compassionate and caring professionals who are invested and know your name Weaknesses: the phone & answering service are horrible! You almost always have to leave a message and wait for a call back
All IUI cycles were primarily covered under insurance. The first IVF cycle was primarily covered under insurance, but out of pocket cost in the $15,000-19,000 range. The second IVF treatment he offered us a one time discount I'd rather not disclose. He offered this to us as my insurance had recently dropped fertility coverage.
He was open to us trying to 2 embryos, but did advise not doing any more than that.
2013 - 2014
Dr. Cooper was amazing! He sat with us, answered all of our questions no matter how silly they sounded. He was so optimistic and so positive! Graduating into prenatal care was so bittersweet...sent us through all the testing we needed. When our first IUI failed, we were crushed. He made the necessary adjustments and lifted us up that we could and would do this. He treated me like I wanted to be treated. He understood how I felt.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Cooper was so optimistic and sent us through all the testing we needed. When our first IUI failed, we were crushed. He made the necessary adjustments and lifted us up that we could and would do this. He treated me like I wanted to be treated. He understood how I felt.
Trust the process, trust him.
Dr. Cooper was amazing! He sat with us, answered all of our questions no matter how silly they sounded. He was so optimistic and so positive! Graduating into prenatal care was so bittersweet. I can not say enough about how amazing he is.
We did a battery of blood work, HSG (?), semen analysis as well as 2 rounds of femara . The HSG I believe was to check the uterus to make sure everything looked normal and ok. The femara he prescribed because the sode effects were meant to be a little better than Clomid. We also had to track ovulation dates!
Very compassionate to what we were going through, very understanding. They were great and offering advice and keeping us encouraged.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Scheduling was pretty easy, there wasn't a long wait period like I would have expected. It's very intimidating to go to an office like this but everyone is so welcoming and understanding. They were also very good with discussing payment as well as what insurance will cover.
Our insurance at the time had a lifetime fertility maximum of 25k. So we were responsible for our $15 co pays and that was it. The Office was good with explaining benefits
2014 - 2018
He [Dr. Cooper] always seems knowledgeable on current treatments and what’s going on in this field and new advancements. When I was told of my miscarriage he came in with the nurse and couldn’t have been more sympathetic and kind. He told me what to expect and to call anytime.... I did 2 rounds IUI on femara which produced my son. 18 months later we did same but 4 rounds that resulted in miscarriage. After taking a break for 6 months, went back and did 6 more rounds of same with no positive tests
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He always seems knowledgeable on current treatments and what’s going on in this field and new advancements. When I was told of my miscarriage he came in with the nurse and couldn’t have been more sympathetic and kind. He told me what to expect and to call anytime.
To write down questions before you go in, because you might not think of everything while you are there :)
Always professional and caring
Kind. I never had any problems. Very happy with them
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I had a good experience here, I can’t say anything bad. Only tough side of things is that our insurance really didn’t cover anything past an ART. Also, I never met Dr. Young, the other dr at this clinic, so I don’t know anything about him.
We had to pay for IUI and ultrasounds out of pocket. Femara was covered by insurnace
None
Clive
He [Dr. Brian Cooper] spoke quickly when laying out plan options at each step of our journey. That was fine for me as I am a nurse and knew exactly what he was saying. Often my husband would feel clueless about what we were talking about but he would always answer the questions we had...You definitely have to be an advocate for yourself, no one is going to call chasing you down. When you do call they treat you well and with respect.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He spoke quickly when laying out plan options at each step of our journey. That was fine for me as I am a nurse and knew exactly what he was saying. Often my husband would feel clueless about what we were talking about but he would always answer the questions we had.
Do research yourself before going in. Mentally prepare for what you think you want to do but keep an open mind. Listen to his suggestions and work together to make the best plan for you.
We used letrazole with each IUI cycle, same dose for all as my first month's progesterone check showed it was effective for me.
They were very knowledgeable and prompt with call backs and answering questions.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
They all seem to function well together. Everyone is friendly. We had some billing issues a few times but we were there during the weekend and she did not seem like the usual front desk person. It was easily straightened out.
IUI was $475 a cycle
Clive
Dr Cooper's strengths are definitely communication & knowledge. From the first appt we had with him he was very thorough & knowledgable about our situation. Even though he had probably had the same conversation 5000 times, he took his time & made sure we felt comfortable leaving his office with our questions answered & knew what was going to happen next.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Cooper was always thorough, took his time explaining each situation to me & answered every question my husband & I had. The nurses also were as amazing as Dr Cooper. I have called & emailed the nurses several times and always get a prompt response.
Two nurses really stand out, Senta & Shiela. They both were always upbeat, happy to answer my (many) questions as they came up. Each & every nurse I've been seen by, talked to, or emailed with was very prompt & informative. During a hard process like IVF, the nurses definitely made the process go a lot easier! I cannot say enough about them!!
My insurance covers a lifetime of $25,000 for fertility treatments, I think this first round we have spent about $15-20K including PGD/PGS testing
Clive
The very first appointment, Dr Cooper went through the different steps he could do in office. He suggested I get tested for hypothyroidism and do other tests. I turned out to by hypothyroid so he started me on synthroid. Within a couple months, I was pregnant. I also was started on Femara 2.5mg. After 3 months of just Femara, we did Femara and IUI for a successful pregnancy and now my 10 month old son. Dr. Copper was willing to let us choose our treatment and what we thought was best for us.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Cooper is very personable and knew exactly what plan of course we needed to get pregnant. Was very realistic in expectations and gave us all our options at the very first appointment and we were to choose what we felt comfortable with.
Very knowledgeable.
I was only attending the clinic for three months but felt like the staff knew who I was. Very welcoming and called me by name. Dr. Cooper personally called my cell phone to talk results as well as how I was feeling.
Nursing staff was always upbeat and referred to me by name.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Clinic was very clean and inviting. The staff are exceptional.
IUI was under $500 Insurance paid for my clinic visits since he was in-network
2009 - 2018
I feel he’s [dr. Brian Cooper] a compassionate doctor that cares about his patients and truly wants to help them. He went through all the options and altered them he best he could with each visit or failed treatment.... About $500 with each insemination... Staff is always friendly and I usually had pretty short wait times too. Only complaint is they offer no financial help. Most other clinics in other states I’ve read into offer help of some kind so that would be nice. The next closest clinic for us is about 3 hours away.
2009 - 2018
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I feel he’s a compassionate doctor that cares about his patients and truly wants to help them. He went through all the options and altered them he best he could with each visit or failed treatment. Our only next option is now IVF which we are trying to figure out how to afford
Feel comfortable with him, he is very understanding and knowledgeable.
He’s very personable, we felt like a number with Dr Young so we switched.
Only next step for us now is IVF, we tried everything else we could.
Friendly, I never had any issues
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
0 financial assistance for those of us with no insurance coverage. Staff is always friendly and I usually had pretty short wait times too. Only complaint is they offer no financial help. Most other clinics in other states I’ve read into offer help of some kind so that would be nice. The next closest clinic for us is about 3 hours away.
About $500 with each insemination
Clive
He [Dr. Brian Cooper] is easy to talk to, actively listens, goes over information throughly, tries to make you feel relaxed, joked around when appropriate, good sense of humor, had health journals to relate stats to, wish he was the one doing the UIUs... Explained we could do 6 rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. He stated I could be on femara if we felt it would help
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is easy to talk to, actively listens, goes over information throughly, tries to make you feel relaxed, joked around when appropriate, good sense of humor, had health journals to relate stats to, wish he was the one doing the UIUs
He’s laid back, has a positive attitude
Answered lots of questions
Very accommodating to me when I requested an ultrasound before an IUI because I hadn’t got a positive ovulation test
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Hard to get through calling in the morning with a positive ovulation test and scheduling appointments are hard since they are so busy, took an extra month to get into see them for our consult appointment
Consult, sperm analyst, IUIs, ultrasounds
Na
Clive
He [Dr. Cooper] went above and beyond for us. Very early in a pregnancy following a fresh IVF cycle (6 weeks) I had bleeding and was very concerned so I called their on-call. Dr Cooper answered and gave me the option of doing an ultrasound that day (Sunday evening) or the next morning. We went in that evening and he was very caring and answered all of our questions...extremely smart but still explains things so that you can understand and feel comfortable with your treatment plan. My only slight concern with my treatment was that I do not have a diagnosis and it would be nice to have a reason for our infertility
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr cooper is extremely smart but still explains things so that you can understand and feel comfortable with your treatment plan. My only slight concern with my treatment was that I do not have a diagnosis and it would be nice to have a reason for our infertility
Ask questions, do your research. Advocate for yourself and dr cooper will listen
He went above and beyond for us. Very early in a pregnancy following a fresh IVF cycle (6 weeks) I had bleeding and was very concerned so I called their on-call. Dr Cooper answered and gave me the option of doing an ultrasound that day (Sunday evening) or the next morning. We went in that evening and he was very caring and answered all of our questions
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Ladies at the front desk are friendly, office is nice, clean. Location is Easy to get to, they are typically very prompt and even early sometimes which was nice when you are leaving work often for appointments
IUIs were $475/cycle
We honestly didn’t discuss whether we were transferring one or multiple until I was doing the transfer
Clive
I had an HSG, then a hysteroscopy to remove a uterine septum [with Dr. Brian Cooper]. After that I had 4 IUIs with Femara, 3 with a trigger shot. I got pregnant on #4...very knowledgeable, takes his time, and explains answers to any questions you have. He was always in a good mood and I trusted him completely. I would happily go back to him for any future treatments...I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Cooper is very knowledgeable, takes his time, and explains answers to any questions you have. He was always in a good mood and I trusted him completely. I would happily go back to him for any future treatments.
I had an HSG, then a hysteroscopy to remove a uterine septum. After that I had 4 IUIs with Femara, 3 with a trigger shot. I got pregnant on #4.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Going to the doctor is never a fun experience, but I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome. They're the only clinic in the area but I would recommend them even if there were competitors.
2013 - 2016
Dr. Cooper was always caring and confident, which helped us immensely. We were always sure he was doing what was best and attentive to what we wanted. He was not hesitant to disagree with us, but if he did, he always shared clear reasoning for why, and ultimately we always knew at every moment that he wanted us to get pregnant with as little intervention as possible. He remains the doctor we trust the most.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The clinic is clean and organized, and it is usually easy to get someone on the phone rather than just a voicemail box. They have good hours and days, not closed on Sundays as some other places are. They do have half days once a week, so it's important to plan ahead on those days to make sure you can reach someone.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Brian Cooper] is gentle but upfront. I like that he uses research to back up his processes. He also try's to use the cheapest and most effective procedures possible...Three rounds of femara with ovulation monitoring (ultrasounds and progesterone checks) followed by menopur and IUI...The nurses [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] walked me step by step through every process and we're always very warm and caring.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is gentle but upfront. I Ike that he uses research to back up his processes. He also try's to use the cheapest and most effective procedures possible.
Try him out!
He was very knowledgable and made sure that we were comfortable with the process and well informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The nurses walked me step by step through every process and we're always very warm and caring.
My insurance covers 100% up to 35,000
2013 - 2018
I think he [Dr. Brian Cooper] is a really nice guy and knowledgeable in infertility. He is much easier to talk and work with than Dr young, as he acted like he could careless. However, I asked many times what all tests could be done to see what the issue is and kept getting told nothing. Finally did an US years later and said there was a polyp. Now our only option is ivf and unfortunately we cannot afford it
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I think he is a really nice guy and knowledgeable in infertility. He is much easier to talk and work with than Dr young, as he acted like he could careless. However, I asked many times what all tests could be done to see what the issue is and kept getting told nothing. Finally did an US years later and said there was a polyp. Now our only option is ivf and unfortunately we cannot afford it ☹️
Research everything you can before coming in
Take drugs, call when positive ov test
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Nice staff to greet you and help make appointments, but Monica the financial specialist never seems like she cares even a little bit. Basically you get sorry your denied for the program and there’s nothing else we can do for you financially. Never had an issue with any of the nurses they’re all really nice
$500 per iui, haven’t been able to afford ivf yet