Good

U. of Vermont

Brian Cooper works at

1371 NW 121st
Clive, IA 50325

I had an HSG, then a hysteroscopy to remove a uterine septum [with Dr. Brian Cooper]. After that I had 4 IUIs with Femara, 3 with a trigger shot. I got pregnant on #4...very knowledgeable, takes his time, and explains answers to any questions you have. He was always in a good mood and I trusted him completely. I would happily go back to him for any future treatments...I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome.
I was given instructions to take medication but no information about what to do in the event of ovulation. The nurse line [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] was available and very helpful in getting back to me and following up...I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome. They're the only clinic in the area but I would recommend them even if there were competitors...Dr. Cooper is very knowledgeable, takes his time, and explains answers to any questions you have. He was always in a good mood and I trusted him completely. I would happily go back to him for any future treatments.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Describe the protocols Brian Cooper used in your cycles at Mid-Iowa Fertility and their degree of success.
I had an HSG, then a hysteroscopy to remove a uterine septum. After that I had 4 IUIs with Femara, 3 with a trigger shot. I got pregnant on #4.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Going to the doctor is never a fun experience, but I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome. They're the only clinic in the area but I would recommend them even if there were competitors.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I was given instructions to take medication but no information about what to do in the event of ovulation. The nurse line was available and very helpful in getting back to me and following up.

2013 - 2016, Successful
The clinic is clean and organized, and it is usually easy to get someone on the phone rather than just a voicemail box. They have good hours and days, not closed on Sundays as some other places are. They do have half days once a week, so it's important to plan ahead on those days to make sure you can reach someone...Dr. Cooper was always caring and confident, which helped us immensely. We were always sure he was doing what was best and attentive to what we wanted. He was not hesitant to disagree with us, but if he did, he always shared clear reasoning for why, and ultimately we always knew at every moment that he wanted us to get pregnant with as little intervention as possible. He remains the doctor we trust the most.
Clive

He [Dr. Brian Cooper] is gentle but upfront. I like that he uses research to back up his processes. He also try's to use the cheapest and most effective procedures possible...Three rounds of femara with ovulation monitoring (ultrasounds and progesterone checks) followed by menopur and IUI...The nurses [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] walked me step by step through every process and we're always very warm and caring.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is gentle but upfront. I Ike that he uses research to back up his processes. He also try's to use the cheapest and most effective procedures possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Try him out!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He was very knowledgable and made sure that we were comfortable with the process and well informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The nurses walked me step by step through every process and we're always very warm and caring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
My insurance covers 100% up to 35,000

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Cooper would have only transferred one embryo in my situation...treated us very much like humans. Although he uses big words, he is more than happy to explain it so we could understand. He was very empathic to our situation and I could tell he cared...is a very personable man. He has good bedside manner and is very understanding to everyone's situation. He was able to explain our plan in way that was easy to understand, although he does use big words and talks a little fast. The only downside is that he has so many patients that we rarely got to see him.
Strengths [at Mid-Iowa Fertility]: Nice staff and Dr Cooper is a really genuinely nice person. Weakness: Too many patients that you don't get to see the doctor often. You work mainly with the nursing staff and it can get pretty busy in there...I was given femara to trigger ovulation and that worked for us. We did a handful of rounds of iuis. The IUIs were not assisted with a trigger shot it other drugs. We also did not have any ultrasounds to see how my follicles we're developing. I wasn't of fan of waiting to get a positive ovulation test and then going in the next day for an iui. Mid Iowa uses this met
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Cooper is a very personable man. He has good bedside manner and is very understanding to everyone's situation. He was able to explain our plan in way that was easy to understand, although he does use big words and talks a little fast. The only downside is that he has so many patients that we rarely got to see him.
Ask lots of questions. He tends to use big words but is more than happy to explain it so you can better understand.
When taking this review, i was only given numbers from 1-5, not knowing what any of the numbers meant so here's how I honest review. Dr Cooper treated us very much like humans. Although he uses big words, he is more than happy to explain it so we could understand. He was very empathic to our situation and I could tell he cared.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. I had irregular periods (maybe once a year) and I didn't ovulate on my own. I also high a lot of follicles and high AMH. I was prescribed metformin, even though I didn't have an insulin issue. I didn't mind because I'm sure it helped in some way. I was given femara to trigger ovulation and that worked for us. We did a handful of rounds of iuis. The IUIs were not assisted with a trigger shot it other drugs. We also did not have any ultrasounds to see how my follicles we're developing. I wasn't of fan of waiting to get a positive ovulation test and then going in the next day for an iui. Mid Iowa uses this method which to me didn't make sense because too early was better than too late but I'm not a doctor. Unfortunately our IUIs were not successful. We were going to try IVF with them but decided to stop and go elsewhere.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The nursing staff was all pretty nice and understanding. You work with them alot since the doctors are so busy. There was only one time where I was dissatisfied with the nursing staff which ultimately led to switch clinics. I didn't feel like my opinion was being listened to. The nurse didn't ask the doctor about what I had to say, she just said that they wouldn't do what I asked and left it at that. Like I've said, I'm not a doctor so I'm sure there was a reason they didn't listen to me. Although when I went to the other clinic, they validated and agreed with what I had to say.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Strengths: Nice staff and Dr Cooper is a really genuinely nice person. Weakness: Too many patients that you don't get to see the doctor often. You work mainly with the nursing staff and it can get pretty busy in there.
My insurance was pretty decent. Cost with insurance (approx) IUI: $120 Sperm wash: $90 IVF:$13k-18k (depending on fresh vs frozen and pgs tested)
Describe Brian Cooper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Every situation is different. Dr Cooper would have only transferred one embryo in my situation.
Clive
Brian explained everything at every point in our process. He explained why it needed to happen and he showed compassion and that he genuinely cared. He checked in on my husband and I throughout the procedures...Ask questions! Brian will answer them honestly and thoroughly...fantastic and kind and wonderful.
[Mid-Iowa Fertility] Strengths: Dr. Coopers attentiveness, kindness, and explanation. Weaknesses: the front staff, and phone staff act as though you are a burden and treat you as such. The nurses act like you are just another person and there is no understanding or compassion from them. Almost as though the staff is burnout.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Ask questions! Brian will answer them honestly and thoroughly.
Dr. Cooper took the time to explain everything. He made it so we understood what was going on and the process. He was kind and checked in on us often.
I’m sorry I don’t remember this.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The bedside manners of the nursing staff are the reason we want to look elsewhere for doing another IVF cycle. Where Brian was fantastic and kind and wonderful. The nursing staff acted as though I was just another number rolling through the office. I remember at one point I was crying because my husband was getting his sperm retrieval procedure done and the nurse came out and told me they don’t know if they got what was needed. And I started crying because our next step was sperm donation and my husband did not want to go that route. So essentially that was the end of the line for us. And she had just told me she didn’t know if they got what they needed. So I was crying. And the nurse first asked “why are you crying?” I felt there was no understanding of what I was going through or what my husband and I were going through. We were just another couple on their roster.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
It was a good experience with the monitoring appointments.
This was dependent on my job. They take insurance. At the time I did my first round I had amazing insurance that covered the process. But now as we plan for our second child it will cost 12,000 out of pocket
My provider did not have a preference he told us it was up to us, and what we were comfortable with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
When we first started out we were told we would get a call with results but we would have to call them for the results. They did not call us.
Clive

He [Dr. Cooper] is very thorough and tells you everything in detail. And if you don't understand he will elaborate more. He knows his clients face to name.... He is/was very understanding and does great with communication and explaining the what ifs. I had three unsuccessful iuis and two surgeries. He was very thorough and explained everything in great detail. He was very informative about each surgey of what will happen/ what could potentially happen.
I only seen them [nurses at Mid-Iowa Fertility] during procedures. They were very caring and helpful with answers. If they didn't have an answer they'd find out the answer.... He [Mid-Iowa Fertility] is/was very understanding and does great with communication and explaining the what ifs. I had three unsuccessful iuis and two surgeries. He was very thorough and explained everything in great detail. He was very informative about each surgey of what will happen/ what could potentially happen.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is/was very understanding and does great with communication and explaining the what ifs. I had three unsuccessful iuis and two surgeries. He was very thorough and explained everything in great detail. He was very informative about each surgey of what will happen/ what could potentially happen. He was my surgeon at both surgeries.
Dont hesitate to ask questions. The procedures that are done are being done to you and you bef to make sure that you clearly understand what is happening and what additional depends you need to be taking to have a successful recovery/future depending on situation and what's being done.
He is very thorough and tells you everything in detail. And if you don't understand he will elaborate more. He knows his clients face to name.
No prescriptions provided for myself. My husband has a low sperm count...he had to take 1-2 frozen along with fresh for every iui and decided it was still not enough
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I only seen them during procedures. They were very caring and helpful with answers. If they didn't have an answer they'd find out the answer.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
If you feel you know that you need something you need to push for it. This is your body and your money... we knew my husband's sperm count was low but they denied fertility meds saying it wouldn't help. He was put on them several years ago and they did help....so my husband got kinda crabby with them almost demanding because it doesn't hurt to try considering it worked previously.
Endometriosis treatment partial not full bill $8100 Polyps removal partial not full bill $4000 Iui 3 procedures with sperm about $3000 Then I also had bills for consultation, reviews, results, etc

2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I think he [Dr. Brian Cooper] is a really nice guy and knowledgeable in infertility. He is much easier to talk and work with than Dr young, as he acted like he could careless. However, I asked many times what all tests could be done to see what the issue is and kept getting told nothing. Finally did an US years later and said there was a polyp. Now our only option is ivf and unfortunately we cannot afford it
Nice staff [at Mid-Iowa Fertility-Clive] to greet you and help make appointments, but Monica the financial specialist never seems like she cares even a little bit. Basically you get sorry your denied for the program and there’s nothing else we can do for you financially. Never had an issue with any of the nurses they’re all really nice... Always have to call for any results or anything, they rarely call you. They also rarely answer the phone so you always have to leave a message and hope they call you back timely
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I think he is a really nice guy and knowledgeable in infertility. He is much easier to talk and work with than Dr young, as he acted like he could careless. However, I asked many times what all tests could be done to see what the issue is and kept getting told nothing. Finally did an US years later and said there was a polyp. Now our only option is ivf and unfortunately we cannot afford it ☹️
Research everything you can before coming in
Take drugs, call when positive ov test
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Nice staff to greet you and help make appointments, but Monica the financial specialist never seems like she cares even a little bit. Basically you get sorry your denied for the program and there’s nothing else we can do for you financially. Never had an issue with any of the nurses they’re all really nice
$500 per iui, haven’t been able to afford ivf yet
2008 - 2015, Successful
Dr Cooper made us feel so comfortable with each decision we made. He explained each process so we fully understood the next steps. This was such a scary process. When we finally had a positive I think he was more excited than us. He truly treats you as family...He wanted to ensure we knew each step, each process and the pros & cons.
The [Mid-Iowa Fertility] staff was so gracious when we’d get the news not pregnant. The front desk was very nice. They day is transfer of embryos I was sick from the anesthesia. The staff was so kind to get me medicine to ensure I felt better...When we were finished at the clinic I was actually sad I wouldn’t see the nurses. We became “friends”, knew about families etc. I could call & they never minded my multiple questions.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
No that he will explain everything and he’ll be very honest.
Dr Cooper truly cared about us. He wanted to ensure we knew each step, each process and the pros & cons.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Dr Young wasn’t my favorite. He was very good but cold. He presents the facts without feelings. He doesn’t have a warm personality. The staff was so gracious when we’d get the news not pregnant. The front desk was very nice. They day is transfer of embryos I was sick from the anesthesia. The staff was so kind to get me medicine to ensure I felt better.
Dr Cooper said our focus is 1 baby, 1 healthy pregnancy.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Protocol with Dr. Brian Cooper] We were using a known donor, cycle was retrieval for her. DHEA and CoQ10 supplements...We didn’t get to the transfer stage...Doctor spent a lot of time with us during initial consultation and went over lots of details, answered all our questions...Ask lots of questions...Dr Cooper is easy to talk to and very personable. He is really smart but also good at explaining and communicating. Very thorough. He personally called me on a Sunday after the egg retrieval to give me update, which I really appreciated...sometimes difficult when you’re trying to call and no answers the phone
We were using a known donor [at Mid-Iowa Fertility], cycle was retrieval for her. DHEA and CoQ10 supplements...We didn’t get to the transfer stage....Jolie [nurse] communicated thoroughly with us and answered all our questions. She showed so much compassion, even sending us a very nice email when our retrieval failed...Costs were lower than UIHC...Clinic is very busy, so sometimes difficult when you’re trying to call and no answers the phone. Lab, nursing and medical staff are incredibly caring and helpful. Financial staff is also very organized and helpful...Dr Cooper is easy to talk to and very personable. He is really smart but also good at explaining and communicating. Very thorough. He personally called me on a Sunday after the egg retrieval to give me update, which I really appreciated.
Ask lots of questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jolie Lee)
Jolie communicated thoroughly with us and answered all our questions. She showed so much compassion, even sending us a very nice email when our retrieval failed.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Costs were lower than UIHC but don’t remember specifics
We didn’t get to the transfer stage.