4.6

767 Park Avenue W
Highland Park, IL 60035
847-433-4400

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Brian Kaplan] was very warm and friendly when we spoke.He wasn't always available to address concerns when I called in.Also,we never spoke while I was going through my miscarriage on 2015....He was very open and frank about the possible outcomes of my cycles.He was also very encouraging in spite of low probability of me carrying full term.
A few times my medications had to re-sent to the local pharmacy and/or to CVS mail pharmacy. Also,we were applying for a grant [at FCI] and it took awhile to get the diagnosis notes faxed in...A lot of patients in the a.m. Even more in the afternoon before 12.Very quick,however,in and out....i have spent about $20,000 there.Of which I have been responsible for about 20%
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He was very warm and friendly when we spoke.He wasn't always available to address concerns when I called in.Also,we never spoke while I was going through my miscarriage on 2015.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
none.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the protocols Brian Kaplan used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
i'm sorry i can't remember them all,there were many.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Talked very quickly, calls were returned often a day or two later
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They are friendly for the most part.Not very talkative and very busy most of the time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
i have spent about $20,000 there.Of which I have been responsible for about 20%
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
A few times my medications had to re-sent to the local phamacy and/or to CVS mail pharmacy.Also,we were applying for a grant and it took awhile to get the diagnosis notes faxed in.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Kaplan is fantastic. He explained everything to us thoroughly even though we are both medical professionals which is fantastic! He was always available for questions and we felt like he really cared about the future of our family...Dr. Kaplan remembered us and our story at the second time meeting him and we felt like the only numbers he was giving was probability. We were not just a number.
It is great there are multiple locations, as I was driving down from Northeast Wisconsin to Chicago, I was able to go to a closer location which was much more convenient...[Our nurse] was completely available. Answered all of my crazy e-mails promptly. :)...Dr. Kaplan is fantastic. He explained everything to us thoroughly even though we are both medical professionals which is fantastic! He was always available for questions and we felt like he really cared about the future of our family.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He really cares about your family. He tells you like it is medically speaking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
She was completely available. Answered all of my crazy e-mails promptly. :)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe Brian Kaplan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
We discussed my age with the ratings of the embryos and he left the decision to us.

2015, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Kaplan is a...] Very nice guy, good outlook, our case was tough and we didn't see results. We had a few sit downs and we tried to get progress but never found what the root of the issue was and switches doctors (where we did find success)...You need to own your experience, stay on top of the nurses and also business office. They do not do it for you and my wife spent a LOT of time working out appointments, insurance payments and EOB forms, and also setting up a "next step" after a failed cycle...
FCI is known as a "factory" and certainly the waiting room reminds you of this as you are "cattled" through to get tested. But, it usually works and I didn't mind...Everything was a pull. A great example is the "medical protocol" for prepping for IUI was really hard to follow and they had no easy way to keep track of all the meds/shots/pills so we had to build a complex tracker just to make sure we did them correctly and had all the right meds ordered. It was really a pain...
Long Lupron
great
Factory
2010 - 2014, Unknown Success
Dr Kaplan is a world class fertility doctor with the genuinely the patient's best interests at heart. He's a great diagnostician - went to 2 previous doctors in South Africa that just couldn't get it right...Amazing doctor. Took time to review my case, listen to what was going on and evaluate how to proceed. Was approachable, concerned and instilled confidence in the process.
Clinic [FCI] was professional, clean, well staffed, organized - no feedback on weaknesses. Would go there again...Nursing staff were extremely caring, well informed and brilliant support...Dr Kaplan is a world class fertility doctor with the genuinely the patient's best interests at heart. He's a great diagnostician - went to 2 previous doctors in South Africa that just couldn't get it right.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
take time to understand the process every step of the way and don't be scared to ask questions
Can't remember exactly, was a few years back. Long support on injectable progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen Brady)
Nursing staff were extremely caring, well informed and brilliant support
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Clinic was professional, clean, well staffed, organized - no feedback on weaknesses. Would go there again
difficult - have twins, but didn't want to take a chance on one embryo not taking
2011, Unsuccessful
FCI felt so impersonal and as my results were not happening as quickly as I wanted, this made me more and more upset. Though I liked Dr. Kaplan, I found it so hard to actually speak with him that I ultimately ended up leaving the practice.
Go in with eyes wide open about the "baby factory" mentality. I knew FCI was a "baby factory" and I went in feeling like the results would be good so I could get over the impersonal feeling. That was not the case as it turned out.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I sought put Dr. Kaplan because he was known as the baby maker. I knew FCI was a "baby factory" and I went in feeling like the results would be good so I could get over the impersonal feeling. That was not the case as it turned out. It felt so impersonal and as my results were not happening as quickly as I wanted, this made me more and more upset. Though I liked Dr. Kaplan, I found it so hard to actually speak with him that I ultimately ended up leaving the practice.
Go in with eyes wide open about the "baby factory" mentality
While with him he seemed to know me and care but the time with him was so short and hard to get that it felt impersonal
I never felt that they were empathetic
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My body was not responding to the treatments. I was not able to do an egg retrieval while going through IVF. I didn't know why things weren't going as planned and I didn't feel like I was getting the information I wanted/needed to feel good about continuing on.
2009 - 2010, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Kaplan] is a kind man and knows his business. IN saying that, it is a business and the statistics they desire seem like a huge selling factor. Brian Kaplan is a dedicated fertility doctor that we felt very comfortable with. He always had time for our questions and answered very honestly yet sincerely...Ask a lot of questions and question why he choses a particular treatment. Ask about all options and ask what he would do or recommend if he was advising his daughter or niece...
I was at the old [FCI] clinic before it flooded out so not sure this applies...
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He is a kind man and knows his business. IN saying that, it is a business and the statistics they desire seem like a huge selling factor. Brian Kaplan is a dedicated fertility doctor that we felt very comfortable with. He always had time for our questions and answered very honestly yet sincerely.
The nurses are impeccable, kind and caring. They do most of the work and are amazing.
Kind, informative, helpful and compassionate
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I was at the old clinic before it flooded out so not sure this applies
The range of $10,000 rings a bell.- per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I just recall a discrepancy in billing that was mixed up. They straightened it out - I believe it related to insurance and billing
2010 - 2017, Successful
he [Dr. Brian Kaplan] is very kind and cares for his patients...Dr. Kaplan held my hand literally and figuratively through the process. I felt supported and he was honest with expectations throughout the process. Every time I needed to see him, he made himself available...always behind time. never on time for an appointment
[Fertility Centers of Illinois was] always behind time. never on time for an appointment. the clinic was clean and respectful of your privacy. the nurses were fine but no one ever seemed super happy to be there...[nurses were] not as connected or compassionate at Dr. Kaplan...Dr. Kaplan held my hand literally and figuratively through the process. I felt supported and he was honest with expectations throughout the process. Every time I needed to see him, he made himself available.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
ask a lot of questions and quarterback your whole fertility journey
he is very kind and cares for his patients
not as connected or compassionate at Dr. Kaplan.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
always behind time. never on time for an appointment. the clinic was clean and respectful of your privacy. the nurses were fine but no one ever seemed super happy to be there. I can't think of anything else to say.
$60K+
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
didn't have anything go wrong at all
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Brian Kaplan was] kind, but I did not get accurate information and lost my child due to preeclampsia which I was not made aware I was high-risk for. Seemed to ignore my high-blood pressure readings. In fact never once even mentioned it...So many patients, I rarely spoke to or saw the actual doctor...Very efficient. Friendly check out man, Frank. Waiting rooms are too small and chairs are hard to come by during busy times, thank husbands and partners for taking up space.
Very efficient. Friendly check out man, Frank. Waiting rooms are too small and chairs are hard to come by during busy times, thank husbands and partners for taking up space...[Dr. Brian Kaplan was] kind, but I did not get accurate information and lost my child due to preeclampsia which I was not made aware I was high-risk for. Seemed to ignore my high-blood pressure readings. In fact never once even mentioned it...So many patients, I rarely spoke to or saw the actual doctor.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Kind, but I did not get accurate information and lost my child due to preeclampsia which I was not made aware I was high-risk for. Seemed to ignore my high-blood pressure readings. In fact never once even mentioned it.
Ask many questions. Do not expect to see him except for the initial consultation and major procedures.
So many patients, I rarely spoke to or saw the actual doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
So many nurses a different one called every time with info.
Standard
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There are just too many patients.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I had good interactions with Dr. Kaplan. Whenever I met with him or saw him, he was generous with his time. The remainder of his team and clinicians at FCI were also all superb...All of my interactions with Dr. Kaplan were supe...
The [FCI] clinic did it times feel like a factory. Everything is very regimented...We met with several individuals and spoke with others by email and phone. All were extremely professional...
All of my interactions with Dr. Kaplan were super
Be prepared to move quickly
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic did it times feel like a factory. Everything is very regimented.
I don't recall these details. I had insurance coverage and my husband handled this.

2013 - 2015, Successful
He really cared about me as a patient. Wanting success for our family was a mutual goal.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He really cared about me as a patient. Wanting success for our family was a mutal goal.
Trust the process. At times the clinic may feel like you are being rushed, but when are you need to go 5 days a week you appreciate the streamline aspect of the clinic.
All the nurses really cared. I had their email addresses and could email them anytime to ask a question when I didn't have an appointment. Also when at the clinics all the medical staff was so friendly and helpful.
I don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Donna)
They gave us their email so we could ask questions. It was great, then I didn't have to play phone tag or worry about saying something a co-worker could hear.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr Kaplan has a wonderful bedside manner. Even though you ARE a number at FCI, he doesn’t make you feel like that. He explains everything in great details. Lays out your options and genuinely seems to care about his patients. Hs staff is amazing and the clinic is very well run.
For the most part, I think FCI does a really good job of customizing care for each patient. Their offices are definitely busy and there were times I felt more like a number, but the direct contact that was available with Dr Kaplan's nurses made a huge difference in my experience at FCI versus my previous experience at Northwestern.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Ask as many questions as you want. He will answer them all! I used to bring a notebook into my appointments.
2009 - 2015, Successful
It was an assembly line but organized and efficient process.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I had heard Dr. Kaplan's candid diagnosis to friends and was impressed with his demeanor observing him. He was always kind and explanatory of everything going on. I did communicate most with the nurses that were very very busy in most of the process.
Do acupuncture and research natural ways to boost your fertility along with the procedures. Find ways to nurture yourself and keep stress down.
Fci is a very busy clinic. I got my nurturing on the outside through my acupuncturist. I knew to use them for their medical expertise. It was an assembly line but organized and efficient process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ilynne McGovern)
Pretty fast contact for how busy they are.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Recently didn't get drugs ordered in time but probably a miscommunication with me too.
2014, Successful
Meeting Dr Kaplan [of FCI] first time was a breath of fresh air and encouraging news. Being in the mid 40's me and my wife knew that our chances of being parent again were limited. However we were blessed with the most wonderful child and are happy and grateful. He is the best Doctor and we will forever be grateful to him. The happiness we have will always bring us back to Dr. Kaplan.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Meeting Dr Kapplan first time was a breath of fresh air and encouraging news. Being in the mid 40's me and my wife knew that our chances of being parent again were limited. However we were blessed with the most wonderful child and are happy and grateful. He is the best Doctor and we will forever be grateful to him. The happiness we have will always bring us back to Dr. Kaplan.
He is the best.
He was nice and honest .
can't remember......but that's not important here, now. We are 2 extremely happy parents. Our live changed thanks to Dr. Kaplan
2014, Successful
Dr. Kaplan has a wonderful bedside manner. Even though he has been doing this for a long time, he truly makes you feel like he cares...He is very experienced. Ready to change the course of action and adjust to give patients the best result. The clinic is very busy and can be intimidating. Still, it is organized and the staff knows what they are doing.
I talked to many different nurses. All of them seemed to care and try to be helpful even though they were busy...It [FCI] is a large office and mistakes do happen. It is organized but can seem like a factory.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Advocate for yourself. Be respectful of nurses and staff however if you feel lost reach out.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It is a large office and mistakes do happen. It is organized but can seem like a factory.

2012, Successful
[Dr. Brian Kaplan was] confident Superb bedside manner. Always felt at ease . Trusting . Excellent reputation...Will give you the best probability of a successful outcome. Caring...[FCI of Chicago is] busy- can be factory like. However most experienced , longest history, all the technologies available with long experience
[FCI of Chicago is] busy- can be factory like. However most experienced , longest history, all the technologies available with long experience...[Dr. Brian Kaplan was] confident Superb bedside manner. Always felt at ease . Trusting . Excellent reputation...Will give you the best probability of a successful outcome. Caring
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Confident Superb bed side manner Always felt at ease . Trusting . Excellent reputstion
Will give you the best probability of a successful outcome. Caring
Personalized. Experience. Caring. Best technology
Accelerate to IVF Don't mess with other treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jill- Tammy)
Team .somerimes more than one nurse . Busy - can be factory like / but worth it
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Busy- can be factory like. However most experienced , longest history, all the technologies available with long experience
Insurance covered most
Very good but busy
2004 - 2011, Successful
Dr. Kaplan is wonderful to work with. They [FCI] have a high success rate and are willing to think outside the box...He is a very caring physician who truly wants to help you get to a child of your own. He listens well and is willing to try new things. He calls back if a message is left for him and his follow up is wonderful...Listen to what he has to say... he has the same goal you have and knows what he is doing....Carrie Baab was amazing! Great communication, caring and kind!
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He took time to listen, understand and care
Carrie Baab was amazing! Great communication, caring and kind!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Dr. Kaplan is wonderful to work with. They have a high success rate and are willing to think outside the box
everything was great!
Highland Park
2015 - 2019, Successful
I could always get a hold of my nurses or Dr. Kaplan [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] whenever necessary. We’ve met with him countless times. We’ve met with our nurses countless times. The front desk was always respectful, helpful and aware of my time when I called...They were all hands down amazing. I asked a million questions all the time. They always answered in a timely manner. Respectfully and kindly. I was never made to feel annoying or bothersome. They were so incredibly helpful. It made the tough parts and uncertainty so much easier.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Kaplan told me exactly what he thought we should do. He didn’t give a timeline because he knew that wasn’t possible. I appreciated that. He wanted IVF first and we fully agreed. Insurance fought us and I was forced to do 2 IUI’s. As soon as the 2nd IUI failed he called my insurance and IVF was approved. He was on top of my procedures and my progress. When the first cycle that we froze didn’t produce the best quality eggs, he changed my protocol. When my 1st Transfer resulted in a negative results, he changed my protocol again. When my 2nd Transfer resulted in a miscarriage at 10 weeks, my husband and I agreed to do genetic testing. Dr. Kaplan fully supported this but did not push it. Our 3rd Transfer resulted in our now 2 year old! We are back for another child. He recommended removal of my left Fallopian tube because it was fully blocked. As soon as the procedure was done we moved on with another retrieval. We transferred in May. I unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks again. I know that miscarriages happen and it’s nothing to do with Dr. Kaplan. I’m so thankful he got us pregnant again so quickly and have faith he can do it again! I’ve already been in contact with Dr. Kaplan and his nurses to move ahead when my body is ready. If my husband or I had questions or concerns, Dr. Kaplan was always available. If we didn’t meet in person he was available via phone consult. He had always made it work with our work schedules and life. He saw us at every ultrasound when we were pregnant. He made time to answer any questions and just to chat. It was so amazing to reach such a pinnacle and be able to share the excitement with him. I cried when we said goodbye after the pregnancies because he was so incredible.
Be honest with what you are looking for. Make sure you feel comfortable with him. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
I could always get a hold of my nurses or Dr. Kaplan whenever necessary. We’ve met with him countless times. We’ve met with our nurses countless times. The front desk was always respectful, helpful and aware of my time when I called.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jill )
Brian Kaplan

Dr Kaplan is an amazing doctor that gave me the assurance he would do everything in his power to get us results, we had a successful Ivf that resulted in a beautiful little girl. With his experience, faith, and staff, I felt completely secure in the treatment. I went in with full confidence in Dr Kaplan expertise, had it failed, it would have been related to my age and factors beyond Dr Kaplan’s control...I did a frozen embryo transfer and everything came out remarkably...I felt like I was treated with professional and compassionate care by Dr Kaplan
I felt like I was treated with professional and compassionate care by Dr Kaplan and all staff at the clinic [Fertility Centers of Illinois]...Nursing staff is knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate...Clinics strengths are their structural system, very organized and seamlessly manages all aspects of patient care. Weakness is low staff number for early lab and ultrasound appointments. I would recommend a new patient to plan accordingly and don’t get upset if they are running behind while you wait for ultrasound and lab appointments, remember to stay calm and appreciate that your receiving the best of care.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be patient, trust in the plan of care, Dr Kaplan is knowledgeable.
I felt like I was treated with professional and compassionate care by Dr Kaplan and all staff at the clinic.
I don’t remember the protocol, I did a frozen embryo transfer and everything came out remarkably.
Nursing staff is knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My out of pocket expenses were minimal after insurance coverage payments.
2018, 10 Eggs Frozen
Perfect. Warm. Asked all about me and how I feel and he [Dr. Kaplan] was just like a godsend. He even took the time to return phone calls. ... He made us all feel special! Like as if he were my uncle. Especially a few minutes before pre op. He was so warm and came into my room and hugged me and says it’s just anticipation you will be done within an hour. :)
Strengths of a nice beautiful office [FCI] building facing the river. Larabee river north location. Great. Very organized. Friendly staff. They call you by first names. Appropriate versus last names. Very organized and welcoming, etc. ... Decent. Only the pharmacy of meds was what was ridiculous! Esp if you make a mistake and have to reorder another $1000 of meds... nurses at fci had some samples which was perfect
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Perfect. Warm. Asked all about me and how I feel and he was just like a godsend. He even took the time to return phone calls. Him and his nurses responded ASAP. Id absolutely recommend him to anyone. He was referred to me from a family friend in NY.
Book him months in advance . One consultation with him you will have all your answers answered and feel more confident about your personal decisions, without being pushy.
All good. Just involved a regular schedule of injections and visits for ultrasound. Need a flexible job schedule for 2-3 weeks.
Always responsive ASAP in email
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths of a nice beautiful office building facing the river. Larabee river north location. Great. Very organized. Friendly staff. They call you by first names. Appropriate versus last names. Very organized and welcoming, etc.
Chicago/River North

I never got more than one consultation with Dr. Kaplan. ... In person he was friendly and charismatic. But I hardly ever dealt with him. I felt I was just being told what I wanted to hear. At first I liked him but the more I wanted to ask questions or get a hold of him it was always pushed off to his nurses. And then they never knew our history. He sounded so promising but I felt like he just said the same things to everyone.
Weaknesses: they [FCI] don’t care about you. They care about numbers. They don’t care about money or helping figure out finances. They just will help you till you run out. They are all over the place. Disorganized. Even if insurance paid for this. ... So they never let me know the grade of my embryos. ... Strengths:they will fit you in. There wouldn’t be a weight list to get you started in treatment.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
If you want to feel like just a number and feel like you’re just another women going through a “routine” procedure then this is for you. Nothing seemed to be personalized to your needs.
I never got more than one consultation with Dr. Kaplan. They never answered questions. Never followed up. And made every moment even more stressful. They even forgot a lot of times my history.
We wanted to try several IUI’s before we spend so much of our own money on IVF but he said it wouldn’t work for us. So we only did one. I reacted really well to the drugs for egg retrieval and they said it all looked normal. I don’t remember the specifics here. But I got a lot of eggs. But not very matured enough eggs.
They were awful. All over the place. I felt like every week I had a different nurse. We had to keep reminding them that my husband couldn’t do in person sperm retrieval. And they never answered questions. I could hardly get a hold of them. It was possibly the most frustrating thing I’ve ever dealt with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths:they will fit you in. There wouldn’t be a weight list to get you started in treatment. Weaknesses: they don’t care about you. They care about numbers. They don’t care about money or helping figure out finances. They just will help you till you run out. They are all over the place. Disorganized. Even if insurance paid for this. I would never go here.
Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
It was a lot. We spent over 25k.
Okay. So they never let me know the grade of my embryos. I didn’t even know there was a grade till I met with my new doctor. So we did the first transfer and he recommended just one. Even though later I found out the grade wasn’t great. So the chances of positive pregnancy was a very low percentage. I knew none of this. I would do multiple every time if I couldn’t do PGS testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They moved us around from clinic locations and have us hardly any notice. When we were prepping for our ivf retrieval, two days before they told us they didn’t have enough sperm. We had 6 vials (later we learned enough) so they told us we would have to have my husband do another procedure, which costed $1000 for 3 more vials of sperm. They only used two vials total. Same quality. So we rushed to do this procedure and drive across town with sperm. Then the day we are there for the egg retrieval they ask my husband to produce sperm. And we told them that’s not possible. They finally figured it out but they literally made us jump through all these stressful hoops for no reason. Then later with a negative pregnancy test, they continually sent us a bill for sperm storage. $500. When we called to see what they were talking about because we weren’t storing sperm there. They never called back and when we finally got a hold of someone they said oh yes we called the lab there isn’t sperm there, we will clear this bill. This has happened 3 times since.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kaplan strongly recommended one embryo to be transferred and my husband and I were very comfortable with this decision... is a great listener and shares options that are best for you and your family. He always addressed me by name and greeted me if he saw me outside of his office. There were a few times he called me personally...listened to my tragic story and genuinely shared his optimism in helping me become a mom again. I never felt that he was BS'ing me or just trying to get my business. It's almost as if I instantly trusted him and believe me - I don't trust many people, especially right awa
I had nothing but a wonderful experience working with Dr. Kaplan and everyone at FCI. I felt as if they were always supporting me. The only weakness I will mention is the billing / insurance component. While this may be easy for most to understand, there were times I felt overwhelmed because I didn't fully understand. Thankfully there were a few employees that helped me better understand. A big thanks to Rita and Tanya!
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
If I could give more stars to Dr. Kaplan, his staff and everyone at FCI, I would. I have been working with FCI for over a year now and anyone who has undergone IVF knows it's quite the rollercoaster. From day one Dr. Kaplan was nothing but understanding, knowledgeable, compassionate and patient. He is extraordinary at listening to a patient's needs and explaining options. As I told Dr. Kaplan, I walked into his office with so much heartache and pain. I was a grieving mother who lost her only child - a 2 year old to cancer just a year prior. Additionally, I was in remission from breast cancer. I didn't know if having another child was even a possibility for me but my husband and I thought it was worth a try to see "the best of the best." Dr. Kaplan listened to my tragic story and genuinely shared his optimism in helping me become a mom again. I never felt that he was BS'ing me or just trying to get my business. It's almost as if I instantly trusted him and believe me - I don't trust many people, especially right away. Here I am a year later and pregnant with my second child. For the first in many years, I feel happiness that is authentic. It is because of Dr. Kaplan and his team of nurses that I am finally sharing happy news. When you're 8-9 weeks pregnant, FCI will release you to be seen by your OB regularly. Today was the day I was released by Dr. Kaplan and although I am very happy, I will admit that I have been very emotional. I loved working with him and his team and have been extremely comfortable. I know I will be in excellent care with my OB, however, Dr. Kaplan and his nurses made this experience even more meaningful. I pray to have the opportunity to work with them in the future!
If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask for clarification! Maintain optimism even if there are turning points. Always ask what your options are.
Dr. Kaplan is a great listener and shares options that are best for you and your family. He always addressed me by name and greeted me if he saw me outside of his office. There were a few times he called me personally.
Egg retrieval - Gonal, Menopur, Lupron, Cetrotide, trigger shot Embryo transfer - Prenatal pills, Estradiol, baby aspirin
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Caroline and Ilynne)
I worked closely with Dr. Kaplan's team of nurses - all of which were incredibly organized, helpful and super prompt with responding to my questions (believe me when I say I have a lot of them). I especially felt connected with Caroline and Ilynne. Both women are so lovely to work with and I knew they genuinely cared for me as much as I cared for them.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I really don't know exactly because I have two insurance policies, however, I am estimating it has cost us approximately $20,000 out of pocket (I had two egg retrievals and 1 embryo transfer)