Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyColumbia
FellowshipCornell
810 7th Ave
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brian Levine to a friend?

9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM New York to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Levine is kind, compassionate and an amazing listener. He takes notes without being distracted by them....He was available for questions in the appointment, via email and via phone. (he is busy though, so it is hard to catch him at the office!) He actively listened and gave an informed, detailed medical opinion based on knowledge, science and anecdotal experiences....Our first two protocols were letrozole + Ovidrel trigger followed by specifically timed intercourse.
The clinic's strengths [CCRM NY] are many. The front receptionists and administrators are fantastic. They always pick up the phone, rarely put you on hold and get back to you with the information you require. They are fast to book your appointments and share details on schedules. Very accommodating. As I mentioned, the nursing staff for bloods and ultrasound are fantastic. The facility is clean and modern. Instruments and rooms are clean and up to date. Sanitization is on point.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
His strength is looking at you like a person. He takes into account all aspects of your life as they relate to fertility. Not just "you are infertile!" -- as I had heard at other providers. He is compassionate, but not coddling. He is direct, which I appreciate on a daily basis. Just tell me what I need to know and what the plan is! He was available for questions in the appointment, via email and via phone. (he is busy though, so it is hard to catch him at the office!) He actively listened and gave an informed, detailed medical opinion based on knowledge, science and anecdotal experiences. He doesn't rush you either. It may take a while to get an appointment with him, but know that he will spend a lot of time with you! I always feel confident in our plan when leaving the appointments with Dr Levine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Bring any and all questions you have! He will answer them with insight and thoughtfulness. Nothing is off limits, too personal or too medical. He is also great to just chat about life and how things are with you, so don't be afraid to be personal. He really does want to get to know you as a human being. Don't feel the need to rush the meeting because you think he needs to go! He will take his time with you unless some emergency comes up. (has only happened once in a year!) When you leave and forget to ask something, just email him. He will respond within a few days.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is kind, compassionate and an amazing listener. He takes notes without being distracted by them. (you know what I mean when a doctor is nodding, but not actively listening!) He took the time to understand and know us as a couple. "Feeling like a human" (to me) feels like a second home; someone who understands who you are as a person and not what season you are in or what role you play. It's nice to have someone ask questions about ME and not just about my fertility issues.
Describe the protocols Brian Levine used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
Our first two protocols were letrozole + Ovidrel trigger followed by specifically timed intercourse. With diminished ovarian reserve due to age, this rationale was to get the best egg response and time my cycle. We also added luteal support with progesterone inserts and estrogen patches. Unfortunately, we didn't conceive. Dr Levine then suggested trying an IUI which would increase our chances slightly, but get the sperm at least closer to the egg -- if that was the conception issue. We did the same medication protocol with letrozole (great response from my body), ovidrel trigger followed by a specifically timed IUI. We used a fresh sperm sample the day of the IUI with no male factor issues. Unfortunately, this didn't lead to conception either. Dr Levine has no adjusted course which my husband and I really appreciate. He didn't push us one way or the other actually -- he simply informed us of our options. We decided to skip another IUI and move into IVF due to my age, ovarian response and success rates with IVF. We started with a month of estrogen priming followed by a cycle of menopur + cetrotide + clomid + dexamethasone + gonal f + and will trigger with lupron + novarel when the time comes for retrieval.
The nursing staff is fantastic. They greet you in the lobby with a smile and genuine concern for how you are. The women you take your blood are fast. Trust me, from someone who faints, they are quick, kind and in and out! The nurses for the ultrasound are smart and efficient. The IVF nurses are also kind and answer all questions efficiently. I will urge you to stay on top of your own medical care. As wonderful as the nurses and providers are, things can get missed. Be proactive about asking questions when you either don't understand or think they gave you conflicting information. I had to inform them several times about a medication allergy which was fine; there are a lot of nurses and they share your medical information between them. I have learned to be patient while one nurse might not be up to speed.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic's strengths are many. The front receptionists and administrators are fantastic. They always pick up the phone, rarely put you on hold and get back to you with the information you require. They are fast to book your appointments and share details on schedules. Very accommodating. As I mentioned, the nursing staff for bloods and ultrasound are fantastic. The facility is clean and modern. Instruments and rooms are clean and up to date. Sanitization is on point. Communicating through their encrypted portal via email is great for lab results, emails, questions, general billing questions. I would say be proactive about your health. Since at the end of the day, you've spent time, finances and emotion on this journey. Own it and communicate with the clinic often. Things can get missed due to patient volume and the time to catch up on a patient's background. The longest response times were from billing, consent forms and insurance pre-certification departments. They eventually assisted, but it was difficult to connect with them. The IVF nurses were great, but I definitely needed to stay on top of things. If something was amiss or instructions were conflicting, it would initially drive me crazy! Now, I'm much more in control and don't rely on them to reach out first. I would recommend the patient call or email them proactively.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Levine at CCRM New York.
I would recommend you ask for the billing costs. They sent a complete list of all procedures, codes for insurance if you have it, and the costs associated with each item. Costs for timed intercourse cycles were low -- medications were under $5. Trigger shots were closer to $200. IUI procedures were around $1K. And IVF is around $23K including PGS testing, biopsy, ICSI and assisted hatching. Medications we shopped around for the best prices at local and other pharmacies.
Describe Brian Levine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
We haven't gotten to the FET stage as of yet, but I believe the clinic prefers FET over fresh embryo transfers. I also believe that eSET is the preferred method, but would suggest you chat with Dr Levine about your questions and concerns.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM New York.
Just be proactive about asking questions. Initially, we relied on them to notice drug allergies or prescription changes, but quickly realized we would need to remind them every single time. Which is fine! Now that we take that approach, things are missed, yes, but now we are in control. If meds aren't called in, reach out to CCRM. If they sent the wrong dose, call CCRM. If you get conflicting instructions, reach out to them. It can all be solved quickly!
CCRM New York

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York.

2019 - 2020
Brian Levine is a compassionate Doctor who is encouraging of our quest to have a child despite my age and low ovarian reserve...is a good communicator and great Doctor who encourages us to try for IVF despite my low ovarian reserve. He calls you personally on the weekend to give your results. He answers any questions you have through email and listens to your concerns. Really, he wants all his patients to be successful and we are glad he's our Doctor.
The clinic is great, large for NYC, clean, comfortable. Strength- the team of Doctors at CCRM. They are all great and rooting for you. The nurses are kind and really nice people. Everyone is a great communicator. Excellent service, you are never waiting long in waiting room, the online portal is easy to use...the nurses and entire team of Doctors at CCRM are amazing.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Brian Levine is a good communicator and great Doctor who encourages us to try for IVF despite my low ovarian reserve. He calls you personally on the weekend to give your results. He answers any questions you have through email and listens to your concerns. Really, he wants all his patients to be successful and we are glad he's our Doctor.
Understand that CCRM is a community that he is running. Brian might not be there for every ultrasound but the other Doctors will be and they are all great.
Brian Levine is a compassionate Doctor who is encouraging of our quest to have a child despite my age and low ovarian reserve. We are doing all we can and the nurses and entire team of Doctors at CCRM are amazing.
He changed clomid to lupron during my second cycle and I'm on estrogen pills with lupron, menopur, and gonal this cycle- our third. First cycle only had one egg- cancelled, second cycle 5 follicles, 2 eggs retrieved. We are hoping for better results third time around.
The nurses are all so kind and caring. You really get to know them. They remember you and are encouraging if you ever have a bad day or a struggling with emotions.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
An efficient well run machine. No waiting, compassionate Doctors. I loved the team at CCRM so if Dr. Levine was not available it was always great to see the other Doctors- they are all good. Dr Knopman is so kind, Dr. Talebian encouraging, Dr Choi matter of fact but in a good way.
I had my insurance through Progyny

4 IUI, IVF
We discussed my hard road with endometriosis my previous surgery & he was very compassionate & a great listener. He was also extremely intelligent & new everything about this disease & reassured me their were options to be taken. It was comforting & gave me hope back that I was afraid I was losing before our first visit with Dr. Levine...always provides great answers & makes sure you understand. If you forget any questions during a visit you can always reach out by email and he will get back to you promptly.
Had a frozen embryo transfer, genetic testing, medications, & icsi rounding up to a total of approximately 35k including visits, testing, bloodwork [at CCRM New York]... is extremely organized, efficient, & made me feel like a patient rather than just a number like my previous clinic made me feel. One visit was a long wait due to an error but they were fast to rectify the problem... They [nurses] are all extremely organized, tentative, got back to me always right away answered all my questions. They all really made a stressful process less stressful & made things easier for me which helped me so much during this process.
4 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
From the moment we met Dr. Brian Levine my husband & I knew right from the start we made a great choice. We discussed my hard road with endometriosis my previous surgery & he was very compassionate & a great listener. He was also extremely intelligent & new everything about this disease & reassured me their were options to be taken. It was comforting & gave me hope back that I was afraid I was losing before our first visit with Dr. Levine.
If you have any questions Dr. Levine always provides great answers & makes sure you understand. If you forget any questions during a visit you can always reach out by email and he will get back to you promptly.
DR. LEVINE TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN OUR OPTIONS AND ALWAYS ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS, NEVER FELT RUSHED & WAS COMPASSIONATE ABOUT MY SITUATION.
We first did an IUI unfortunately did not work on the first try. Since I have done previous IUI's at a different clinic my husband & I agreed to go through IVF. My eggs were retrieved & were frozen. Prior to the retrieval I was on Menopur, Gonal F, & Cetrocide. I was on two months of Lupron (induced menopause) pror to my egg transfer recommended by Dr. Levine since I had severe endometriosis. After egg transfer I had progesterone oil shots, estrogen patches, &progesterone suppositories. After this cycle I am happy to say I am currently eight weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana Greenberg & Elizabeth)
Elana, Liz, Jenny, Stephanie, & embryologist were exceptional. They are all extremely organized, tentative, got back to me always right away answered all my questions. They all really made a stressful process less stressful & made things easier for me which helped me so much during this process.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is extremely organized, efficient, & made me feel like a patient rather than just a number like my previous clinic made me feel. One visit was a long wait due to an error but they were fast to rectify the problem.
Had a frozen embryo transfer, genetic testing, medications, & icsi rounding up to a total of approximately 35k including visits, testing, bloodwork, my insurance unfortunately does not cover ivf.
Due to having a history of stage 4 endometriosis and having a great egg quality, Dr. Levine recommended to have one embryo transferred as opposed to two which might put me at a higher risk.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Levine took the time to get to know our specific case and making himself available to us for consultation pretty much any time. He learned our goals and objectives and then we came up with a realistic game plan accordingly...is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor - patient, empathetic and explains all of the details - or as much as you want to here...He was always available via email and gave his personal cell. He even made himself available to us on weekends. Dr Levine did all of my procedures - 3 IUI, 1 egg retrieval with PICSI and genetic screening of embryos and FET that led to a pregnancy and the birth of our beautiful daughter. We have 1 frozen genetically screened embryo from the initial egg retrieval.
CCRM NY is conveniently located in midtown, has excellent hours to accommodate work schedules, is a beautiful environment with state of the art equipment. The waiting area and patient rooms are bright and sunny. The operating area is beautiful. It is by far the nicest doctors office I have ever been to. I give it an A+...The nursing staff at CCRM is all star...They do a fabulous job communicating clearly and efficiently through the portal. For all complicated medications they did demos etc. they show a lot of compassion and are very kind...3 IUI - all medicated - none worked Egg retrieval with medication and PICSI (14 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5 embryos, 2 genetically screened ok - one of which is our daughter and one frozen embryo).
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor - patient, empathetic and explains all of the details - or as much as you want to here. He is very focused on continuing to have a game plan which is important when you are going through infertility. You need a next step and hope! He was always available via email and gave his personal cell. He even made himself available to us on weekends. Dr Levine did all of my procedures - 3 IUI, 1 egg retrieval with PICSI and genetic screening of embryos and FET that led to a pregnancy and the birth of our beautiful daughter. We have 1 frozen genetically screened embryo from the initial egg retrieval.
Trust the process. It may not always work the first try. We had 3 failed IUI, but Dr Levine’s plan worked and I was pregnant within 9 months of my first visit to CCRM NY.
Dr Levine took the time to get to know our specific case and making himself available to us for consultation pretty much any time. He learned our goals and objectives and then we came up with a realistic game plan accordingly. Dr Levine and CCRM also understood that I worked an intense job throughout the process and their hours and staff are accommodating to very early appointments etc. it was a pleasure being in their care.
The nursing staff at CCRM is all star. They have excellent hours to accommodate work schedules (I did most appointments before 9am). They do a fabulous job communicating clearly and efficiently through the portal. For all complicated medications they did demos etc. they show a lot of compassion and are very kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I was lucky that insurance reimbursed for a lot of the medicine. I believe the IUIs were $1500-2000 each and the egg retrieval was around $15k - $20k and the FET was around $5k. This does not include the medicine which was an additional cost but insurance mostly covered.
Dr Levine encouraged us to transfer one embryo due to the quality of the embryo and fact I had not been pregnant before - this approach was worth it as it worked.
CCRM New York
He [Dr. Brian Levine] was available at any time through email or a phone call. He went ABOVE and BEYOND for me every step of the way. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant and he even reached out to me to see how I am doing. He treated me better then I expected to be treated...I came to him after 2 unsuccessful IUIs, 2 horrendous retrievals, and 2 negative transfers in my home state...He took the time to uncover a diagnosis and treated me for endometriosis. I wasn't an easy case but he always made me feel comfortable and I was confident I was with the right Doctor the minute I met with him. He performed all my procedures and was extremely supportive throughout my experience as a patient with him. No one should think twice if given the option to work with Dr. Levine, It truly is a honor to have a doctor so caring and accessible as he is/was.
From the moment you walk in the door [at CCRM NY], you know you are in a great and caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. You are greeted by name and they are always timely and willing to work with you on appointment times. I flew in from Florida for all my appointments and they constantly made sure I had everything I needed. The team of embryologists were extremely wonderful. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
There isn't one weakness to mention of Dr. Brian Levine. Dr. Levine is an ABSOLUTE miracle worker. I came to him after 2 unsuccessful IUIs, 2 horrendous retrievals, and 2 negative transfers in my home state of Florida. He took the time to uncover a diagnosis and treated me for endometriosis. I wasn't an easy case but he always made me feel comfortable and I was confident I was with the right Doctor the minute I met with him. He performed all my procedures and was extremely supportive throughout my experience as a patient with him. No one should think twice if given the option to work with Dr. Levine, It truly is a honor to have a doctor so caring and accessible as he is/was.
Trust in his plan for you as he is the absolute best.
I had been to a clinic in Florida prior to arriving to CCRM and Dr. Brian Levine. I came to Dr. Levine quite beat down and broken feeling that I would never become pregnant. Dr. Levine took over 3 hours with me on my initial consultation and kept in constant contact with me throughout my time with him. He was available at any time through email or a phone call. He went ABOVE and BEYOND for me every step of the way. Currently, I am 25 weeks pregnant and he even reached out to me to see how I am doing. He treated me better then I expected to be treated.
The nursing staff was extremely accessible. They would reach out to me within minutes of me writing to them through the portal or calling them. They were caring, compassionate, educated, and extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The most caring and amazing clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, you know you are in a great and caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. You are greeted by name and they are always timely and willing to work with you on appointment times. I flew in from Florida for all my appointments and they constantly made sure I had everything I needed. The team of embryologists were extremely wonderful. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
We only elected for one as he stated that was the safest route for me to go and I had a strong embryo to transfer so he felt that was the most important part to the puzzle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Great communication [from nurses] throughout our time at CCRM!...We have coverage through Progyny and had no issues with billing whatsoever...The office is large, welcoming, inundated by a lot of light. The surgery unit (where egg retrieval takes place) is located on the main floor, very convenient. Rooms are easy to navigate... do not hesitate to give CCRM (and Dr. Levine in particular) a chance...After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer. Dr. Levine’s approach to our case was personalized and data-driven. He cited up to date studies pertaining to the procedures we were involved in and was very thorough and knowledgeable in answering all the questions I had about the whole process...he started with a very thorough diagnosis procedure and recommended that we attempt IUI first, explaining to us the success rate of this procedure compared to the slightly more invasive IVF procedure. After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
We came to Dr. Levine after trying to conceive for several years without much success. Dr. Levine is a physician and scientist, and he found the right way to communicate with both my husband and me from the very beginning. He explained things in great detail and at no point, I felt confused about the process or about the next steps. Because it was our first time seeing a RE, he started with a very thorough diagnosis procedure and recommended that we attempt IUI first, explaining to us the success rate of this procedure compared to the slightly more invasive IVF procedure. After a few IUI attempts that were not working for us, he recommended that we move on to IVF, which we did, ultimately achieving success on our first embryo transfer. Dr. Levine’s approach to our case was personalized and data-driven. He cited up to date studies pertaining to the procedures we were involved in and was very thorough and knowledgeable in answering all the questions I had about the whole process. As an academic myself, this was very important to me, as I knew I didn’t have time to read all the relevant scientific literature on the protocols and procedures we were about to experience. Dr. Levine performed my egg retrieval procedure, which was flawless. I experienced minimal side effects and there were much more eggs retrieved than I anticipated. The pre-op and post-op communication was amazing. Dr. Levine is very well connected and has amazing contacts in the NYC area. As I developed thyroid issues early in my pregnancy he recommended a great list of endocrinologists that I could choose from, based on my health insurance coverage and preference. He also recommended a long list of great OBGYNs at graduation and made sure I checked out to an OBGYN he trusted upon graduation. Dr. Levine’s skills, combined with his sense of humor and vast experience make it easy and fun to work with him, which is incredibly important given how stressful fertility journeys can get. I recommended Dr. Levine to everything I knew was struggling with fertility (at other clinics).
If you’re considering seeing a fertility specialist, do not hesitate to give CCRM (and Dr. Levine in particular) a chance.
Dr. Levine has a very personalized approach to diagnosis and treatment. My husband and I appreciated his approach starting with IUIs and moving on to IVF when the less invasive options failed, ultimately achieving success. He was always accessible by phone or email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Laurie and another nurse whose name I forgot! I am a very hard stick and they were a blessing!)
Great communication throughout our time at CCRM!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The office is located within walking distance from my place, which was amazing given the number of visits throughout our time at CCRM. The office is large, welcoming, inundated by a lot of light. The surgery unit (where egg retrieval takes place) is located on the main floor, very convenient. Rooms are easy to navigate.
We have coverage through Progyny and had no issues with billing whatsoever.
CCRM New York
Instantly impressed at our first appointment, Dr. Levine had already thoroughly researched , highlighted and took notes on our case. Before even talking with us, he’d already discovered i was misdiagnosed previously and didn’t take lightly how easy my case looked on paper being “young and healthy”. ... Always a quick email away, no matter how silly or insignificant a question. He makes you feel comfortable every step of the way. He is truly an amazing, intelligent doctor.
CCRM is wonderful from top to bottom. From the minute you walk into the clinic, you will feel comfortable and know you are in the right place! Doctors, nurses, medical assitants, front desk, billing department- they really ALL are fantastic! Being in healthcare myself, I took extra attention to how great they really are at their jobs and why CCRM is the best in the business. ... Everyone welcomes you and know you by name and with a smile.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
My husband and i couldn’t be happier to have met Dr. Levine and CCRM. Months of frustration with the “factory” at RMA, everything changed when we walked into CCRM and met Dr. Brian Levine. Instantly impressed at our first appointment, Dr. Levine had already thoroughly researched , highlighted and took notes on our case. Before even talking with us, he’d already discovered i was misdiagnosed previously and didn’t take lightly how easy my case looked on paper being “young and healthy”. After our first meeting, we were sure we were moving forward with our second IVF cycle and we couldn’t have been happier from day on. Everything went exactly as planned from that moment. Within 3 months we are now pregnant on our first try! He is not only a wonderful doctor, but he is confident and caring . Always a quick email away, no matter how silly or insignificant a question. He makes you feel comfortable every step of the way. He is truly an amazing, intelligent doctor. Also, to note, while Dr. Talebian was not the MD i met with on day one, she took great care in my case as well and treated me as one of her own. CCRM is truly the best team there is. Not enough words to thank Dr. Levine (and his wonderful staff)!
Don't take moving into fertility treatment lightly. Do your research and find a doctor and clinic you are comfortable with. It can take months or years to be successful and you want to be sure you have the right team behind you. My only mistake was not going to see CCRM first!
CCRM took the time, the care, and the love someone needs when going through such a tough time in their lives. Everyone welcomes you and know you by name and with a smile. Truly the best there is!
Egg Retrieval: Menopur + Gonal F X10 days. He then triggered me with Lupron and HCG as I has a risk for OHHS. Retrieval prep was quite easy! Went to work 2 days later! STIM FET: Menopur injectables to thicken uterine lining (Fluid issues and thin lining during previous cycle at previous clinic. Dr. Levine thought my body responded better to endogenous estrogen production. Only needed one prep, one transfer, and were pregnant with our baby!
THE AMAZING NURSING STAFF OF CCRM! Truly an integral part of the amazing care we had at CCRM. Specifically, I worked most with Liz, Elana and Melissa; but they all were outstanding nurses. They are smart, caring, and just amazing people. They really began to feel like family. Truly taking wonderful care of us! They took the time to make sure each step was carefully understood, ALWAYS available by email or call, Even checking on us after our procedure. Dr. Levine was always praising his team, because they deserve it! We don't know how we could've done this without them.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Abt 25k (+10k in medications) We have UHC, about half was reimbursed being out of network But have to mention, was worth going out of network. Every single penny.

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Levine] always wants to have a plan in case a cycle doesn't turn out like we hope. He also calls personally with all pregnancy test results (positive and negative) and with any concerns about blood test results. He gives patients his cell phone # and email address and he responds to emails (I've never tried his cell). He remembers me and my history at every appointment-- I never feel like a number.
CCRM NY is great...The nurses are very good. They promptly reply to emails through the patient portal, including on weekends. Explanations are usually clear, but if not, reaching them for clarification is very easy. They're very good about calling in meds ASAP...$1000 for IUI plus 3 monitoring visits and blood tests ($325 each). Hysteroscopy $5000. Dr visit $300. Blood draw $25 (plus costs of test, usually covered by insurance).
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr Levine is an extremely positive, confident doctor. While that is one of his greatest strengths, I think it has lead to me being overly hopeful about my treatment. (The ups and downs of this process are always hard.) He is extremely diligent and thoughtful in his approach. He listens to what we want and responds accordingly. He is always available to answer questions and schedules phone consults or emails when an in-person appointment is not necessary.
He is great and CCRM NY is great. He is always very positive-- so keep that in mind and try not to get your hopes up too much.
Dr Levine is very personable and relates to me like a person. He always asks what we want to do, how I'm feeling, etc. He always wants to have a plan in case a cycle doesn't turn out like we hope. He also calls personally with all pregnancy test results (positive and negative) and with any concerns about blood test results. He gives patients his cell phone # and email address and he responds to emails (I've never tried his cell). He remembers me and my history at every appointment-- I never feel like a number.
I first went to Dr Levine after another clinic was pushing me to do IVF without much explanation or consideration. Dr Levine had us do 3 cycles of letrozole with timed intercourse. He also prescribed an HSG, which found 2 polyps. While removing them via a hysteroscopy, he also found and a small septum. After that surgery we did 1 IUI, which was successful but ended in an early miscarriage. He is now recommending IVF due to expected poor egg quality. We are starting next month after waiting 1 full cycle after the miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana Greenberg)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The receptionists are lovely. This probably sounds insignificant but when you call and see them as much as I have, it makes a difference. They know patients name after a few visits, rarely put you on hold, are great at scheduling (including sometimes by email). The waiting room environment, exam rooms and operating room are pristine.
I think his preference for older patients and patients that already have a child is transferring 1 embryo. But he seems open to transferring 2 if that's what the patient wants.
CCRM New York

Dr Levine is extremely thorough and took the time to understand our situation and fertility history. He reviewed records from our previous fertility clinic in detail and took the time to discuss his findings and recommendations with us. I never felt rushed during my visits...Either he or another doctor did all my ultrasounds and my appointments...Dr Levine also did both my retrieval and transfer, explaining everything along the way. He’s personable, always has an open line of communication, responsive to emails, and is great at what he does! With Dr Levine’s our first round of IVF treatment was a success and we couldn’t have been happier.
I never had to wait more than 10 min for my appts [at CCRM New York] and as a busy professional that made such a difference as I was able to better balance work and treatment. Even the receptionists were helpful and were able to answer questions not just schedule appointments. I never felt like I was just a number and coming from two other clinics that always had numerous patients waiting sometimes over an hour to be seen, CCRM was truly a breath of fresh air.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
We were looking to find a new fertility clinic after several rounds of unsuccessful IUI and IVF treatments. Even before we decided on CCRM Dr Levine took the time to understand our fertility history and our case from the very start. He didn’t recommend treatment until he had reviewed our medical records from my previous clinic closely (something another clinic that we were exploring didn’t do and just proceeded to recommend treatment). He took the time to review and discuss our records with us and what his recommendations were. My husband and I were both impressed by Dr Levine. Either he or another doctor did all my ultrasounds and my appointments never felt rushed. Dr Levine also did both my retrieval and transfer, explaining everything along the way. He’s personable, always has an open line of communication, responsive to emails, and is great at what he does! With Dr Levine’s our first round of IVF treatment was a success and we couldn’t have been happier.
Trust him he’s good at his job!
They were great and always ready to help. Blood draws were a breeze and I dislike needles. Some knew me by name and made me feel like they were part of my journey. They knew where I was in my cycle and encouraged me to be positive. It helped make the process more human.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
This is a well run clinic and that really helped take the additional stress off the process. I never had to wait more than 10 min for my appts and as a busy professional that made such a difference as I was able to better balance work and treatment. Even the receptionists were helpful and were able to answer questions not just schedule appointments. I never felt like I was just a number and coming from two other clinics that always had numerous patients waiting sometimes over an hour to be seen, CCRM was truly a breath of fresh air.
$20k without insurance
CCRM New York

I almost predominantly dealt with my doctor, Dr. Levine...He was careful and methodical as he examined our records and encouraged us to do additional testing to figure out the issues. It was all worth the wait, because we are now pregnant after our first embryo transfer with Dr. Levine. He shares his email with his patients and responds over the weekend, at night, early morning and in one case, even while on vacation. He cares about his patients, which is important when dealing with such sensitive issues.
CCRM's facility has the best customer service I've ever experienced in a doctor's office. Everyone is kind and respectful of the patient's time...The nursing staff is all friendly and kind. They're also quick to respond to questions via the online portal, no matter how small or potentially silly...You feel like a person and not a number. While I almost predominantly dealt with my doctor, Dr. Levine, I occasionally encountered the other doctors in the practice through morning monitoring and I thought everyone was kind and professional. Also, they take appointments for morning monitoring, so even though they don't always move as quickly as you'd like, it's much better than just showing up, putting your name in the queue and having no idea how long you'll be sitting there.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine was amazing from start to finish. He was our second doctor, after two failed rounds of IVF at another clinic, and we weren't sure what the problems had been. He was careful and methodical as he examined our records and encouraged us to do additional testing to figure out the issues. It was all worth the wait, because we are now pregnant after our first embryo transfer with Dr. Levine. He shares his email with his patients and responds over the weekend, at night, early morning and in one case, even while on vacation. He cares about his patients, which is important when dealing with such sensitive issues.
Don't see another doctor.
CCRM's facility has the best customer service I've ever experienced in a doctor's office. Everyone is kind and respectful of the patient's time. On top of that, Dr. Levine was always friendly, always remembered details about my husband and me and made us feel comfortable during a very vulnerable and uncomfortable time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana)
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Customer service is a real strength of this clinic. You feel like a person and not a number. While I almost predominantly dealt with my doctor, Dr. Levine, I occasionally encountered the other doctors in the practice through morning monitoring and I thought everyone was kind and professional. Also, they take appointments for morning monitoring, so even though they don't always move as quickly as you'd like, it's much better than just showing up, putting your name in the queue and having no idea how long you'll be sitting there.
CCRM New York

Dr. Levine explains everything extremely thoroughly... Dr. Levine also has the most fun personality. He takes the time to chat and catch up, and we spent just as much time talking about different exercise classes we liked, restaurant recommendations, and LIFE as we did my fertility issues. This may seem silly, but it really changed the dynamic of my treatment from negative to positive. I looked forward to my appointments with Dr. Levine because they were so fun, and I left feeling happy, confident, and taken care of as an individual.
I honestly can't say a bad thing about CCRM [NY]. They are so organized and so on top of things. I was always able to get an appointment at the time that I wanted, and I always felt totally taken care of...They [nurses] were also the best cheerleaders and the best coaches when you didn't get the results you wanted. Also, when I found out I was pregnant, I could feel the support of the nursing staff -- they all congratulated me and made me feel so special.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine is honestly the BEST. He took what had been a terrible, chaotic, anxiety-inducing experience and turned it into a structured, calm, and unexpectedly FUN experience. Dr. Levine explains everything extremely thoroughly and on repeat. You hear the same message over and over again, and it's so reassuring and empowering, because you know the plan at all times. Dr. Levine also has the most fun personality. He takes the time to chat and catch up, and we spent just as much time talking about different exercise classes we liked, restaurant recommendations, and LIFE as we did my fertility issues. This may seem silly, but it really changed the dynamic of my treatment from negative to positive. I looked forward to my appointments with Dr. Levine because they were so fun, and I left feeling happy, confident, and taken care of as an individual.
Give yourself permission to slow down / relax during appointments and take the time to build a personal relationship with Dr. Levine. It will make an already incredible experience that much more amazing. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions or talk about how you're feeling. Dr. Levine is incredibly responsive, and you should never leave an appointment feeling like you're unclear on any part of his assessment or don't know the plan.
I can't express exactly how nervous I was to begin fertility treatment with a specialist. I had been trying to conceive unsuccessfully for 13 months, and I had a terrible experience with an ob gyn who tried to treat me using guesswork out of his office instead of sending me to a specialist. This experience had been totally inhuman, awful, and ineffective. I remember crying after my first appointment with Dr. Levine, because he treated me so warmly and compassionately from the moment I stepped into his office. I remember he spent a full hour with me discussing not only my case history, but who I was a person, what I liked to do during my free time, how I had been feeling about my fertility issues, etc. He didn't rush me, and he repeatedly allowed there to be pauses so I could ask more questions. Dr. Levine and his team wrote everything down for me, always. I know this seems so simple, but I can't tell you how reassuring it was to have a plan and to have that plan documented in writing. Dr. Levine gave me his personal e-mail, and he ALWAYS responded or called me back, even when I e-mailed late at night. I remember receiving a call from him at 8pm, 2 minutes after I had e-mailed, when he was clearly in the middle of a family dinner. Finally, the one moment I will never forget: receiving a call from Dr. Levine at 1pm on a Saturday, in between cycles, just to say "Hey, how are you feeling about everything?"
At my first appointment, Dr. Levine diagnosed me with unexplained fertility and recommended that we proceed with a course of Letrazole followed by an Ovidrel trigger shot and timed intercourse. He wanted to start off as non-invasive as possible and then ramp up as needed. After three unsuccessful cycles of timed intercourse, Dr. Levine suggested trying an IUI, and I was ready to move to the next step. Fortunately, my first IUI was successful -- and I am now 5 months pregnant with a baby girl!
As I've mentioned, Dr. Levine was the best, but his nursing staff was even more the best. I know they see a lot of patients, but I was floored every time they recognized me and greeted me by name. They were so friendly and wonderful and reassuring, whether drawing blood, explaining how to inject my Ovidrel trigger shot, or calling me to make sure I knew the next steps. They were also the best cheerleaders and the best coaches when you didn't get the results you wanted. Also, when I found out I was pregnant, I could feel the support of the nursing staff -- they all congratulated me and made me feel so special.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I honestly can't say a bad thing about CCRM. They are so organized and so on top of things. I was always able to get an appointment at the time that I wanted, and I always felt totally taken care of.
I don't actually remember, but I think that all in we probably spent ~$8,000 for three timed intercourse cycles and an IUI, the majority of which was reimbursed by my husband's insurance.
Not applicable in my situation
CCRM New York

He [Dr. Brian Levine] will treat you as if you are family. He takes the time to understand your condition and develop the treatment protocol that is best for you...knew my name. I was never ever treated like a number. I received personal care.... He is passionate about what he does, and it truly shows. He truly cares about his patients' well-being. He is always available to talk when needed. He even reaches out to make sure you are doing ok. He is confident, funny, reassuring, empathetic, honest, and positive. I am so very lucky to have met him.
the CCRM NY staff, all knew my name. I was never ever treated like a number. I received personal care...The nursing staff was incredibly responsive to me. Any question or concern I had was answered within a few hours. The instructions given were clear and easy to understand. Every nurse I encountered was exceptional...passionate about what they do. Thanks to the team, I am now 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, and have banked additional CCS-tested embryos. My results with CCRM NY were dramatically improved from my first cycle. I attribute this to Dr. Levine's customized protocol, the amazing embryologists and lab, nursing staff, and the receptionists there. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine is a special doctor. He is passionate about what he does, and it truly shows. He truly cares about his patients' well-being. He is always available to talk when needed. He even reaches out to make sure you are doing ok. He is confident, funny, reassuring, empathetic, honest, and positive. I am so very lucky to have met him.
Please run, don't walk, to see Dr. Levine and CCRM NY. He will treat you as if you are family. He takes the time to understand your condition and develop the treatment protocol that is best for you.
Dr. Levine, as well as the CCRM NY staff, all knew my name. I was never ever treated like a number. I received personal care.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Without question, CCRM NY is an amazing place. After having a failed cycle elsewhere, I did my research and found CCRM NY and Dr. Levine. I traveled 1,000+ miles, and it was well worth it. I never had to wait more than five minutes for an appointment. Ever. My initial consultation lasted hours. I was given full details regarding my prognosis, and a treatment plan. Dr. Levine and the staff at CCRM NY are passionate about what they do. Thanks to the team, I am now 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, and have banked additional CCS-tested embryos. My results with CCRM NY were dramatically improved from my first cycle. I attribute this to Dr. Levine's customized protocol, the amazing embryologists and lab, nursing staff, and the receptionists there. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
CCRM New York

Dr Levine made himself readily available. He was very responsive to email and would personally call us back immediately whenever we called for him. ... He did not over Medicate like other clinics. I don’t remember the rest but this stuck out the most ... He has only your interests in mind. He personally explains everything, and does everything to accommodate your questions and concerns.
Someone always picks up the phone and someone always calls you back with an answer. We went to four other clinics and ccrm by far had the best staff, Best doctors, and provided very personalized attentive care. ... Nursing staff was amazing. Everyone was polite, friendly, compassionate. ... They only did single embryo transfer and do not recommend multiple as they select only the best quality embroyo.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
We loved ccrm and Doctor Levine so much that we already recommended four friends to him. His staff is very friendly, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Someone always picks up the phone and someone always calls you back with an answer. We went to four other clinics and ccrm by far had the best staff, Best doctors, and provided very personalized attentive care. We will he going back to CCRM again in the near future if we have issues with a natural pregnancy.
Be completely open and honest with Dr Levine. He has only your interests in mind. He personally explains everything, and does everything to accommodate your questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Dr levine)
Nursing staff was amazing. Everyone was polite, friendly, compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
This is the best clinic in New York. We ve been to three of the other “top” clinics an CCRM has the best staff by far. They actually care about their patients. You also get to talk to someone right away with any questions instead of having to wait for a response. You also get the doctors email address and he responds back right away. Dr Levine also sends follow up emails, during pregnancy, and even after out daughter was born.

3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Levine was always available, via phone, email, appointment, etc.. He spoke to us like we were people and not patients. He made us feel extremely comfortable and better about our situation. He's kind, approachable, professional and smart...He took his time with us always and spoke to us like people rather than patients. I felt very comfortable with him and know his care for me was individualized... I know that my dosing varied with my numbers, which indicated individualization of treatment.
Every nurse, phlebotomist and staff member at CCRM was excellent...I felt like I was being heard and helped rather than dismissed and appeased (as I felt at the prior clinic I was at). From my first visit, I felt very comfortable at CCRM...CCRM is the Ritz of Fertility Clinics. You are a person and not a patient. The wait in the morning for monitoring is negligible compared to other clinics but more importantly, they are warm, professional, approachable and accommodating. They realize what a sensitive process IVF is and how all-consuming it can be.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Having had a poor experience at another fertility center, we moved to CCRM for Dr. Levine. I had heard great things about him. My husband and I loved him and felt comfortable with him immediately. After our experience with a doctor that was unapproachable and unresponsive, we were looking for the complete opposite of that. Dr. Levine is extremely approachable, warm, professional and compassionate. You really feel that he wants the best for his patients; his bedside manner is excellent - caring, empathetic, honest while being positive. He was always available, via appointment, email or phone. He took his time with us always and spoke to us like people rather than patients. I felt very comfortable with him and know his care for me was individualized.
Know that you may not always hear what you want to hear but that you have to have faith in the process and believe that he is doing all he can for you.
I started off wearing estrogen patches, then added on Lupron, Menopure, and Gonal. I cannot remember specific dosing but I know that my dosing varied with my numbers, which indicated individualization of treatment.
Every nurse, phlebotomist and staff member at CCRM was excellent. Every nurse I saw was helpful, compassionate, knowledgable and available. I appreciated all of their help so much and felt that they really became invested in my care. The rest of the staff is wonderful as well - always helpful, warm and accommodating.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is the Ritz of Fertility Clinics. You are a person and not a patient. The wait in the morning for monitoring is negligible compared to other clinics but more importantly, they are warm, professional, approachable and accommodating. They realize what a sensitive process IVF is and how all-consuming it can be. I felt that they really understood that and tried to make everything as easy as possible for me. I didn't have to jump through a million hoops to try and get in touch with my doctor or nurse; I could email them directly, which, as a patient, meant the world to me. I felt like I was being heard and helped rather than dismissed and appeased (as I felt at the prior clinic I was at). From my first visit, I felt very comfortable at CCRM.
Medication, Genetic Testing, Transfer
Due to other medical issues, Dr. Levine thought it was safest to do a single embryo transfer. My husband and I were in complete agreement. Dr. Levine did not want to add any additional complications that could come with a multiples pregnancy into the equation.

Unexplained, Other
As long as you manage your own expectations, you are in the best hands [with Dr. Levine]... is amazing and will make you feel incredibly comfortable, which is a luxury during a super stressful and emotional time. My only constructive feedback for him would be about managing expectations. I was told upfront that my outlook was very good, and 8 months later am still not pregnant.
Each visit [at CCRM NY] is $250, with ultrasounds billed at $295. It is not covered by insurance, although they will submit it for you and it should count towards your deductible and out-of-pocket/out-of-network maximum. Blood work is a $25 copay with additional lab billing that's usually (for me) around $10. I have had two hysteroscapies with Dr. Levine (one to remove my septum) and I believe all-in, those costs were around $1500 each including anesthesia fees and copayment.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Covered most of this above, Dr. Levine is amazing and will make you feel incredibly comfortable, which is a luxury during a super stressful and emotional time. My only constructive feedback for him would be about managing expectations. I was told upfront that my outlook was very good, and 8 months later am still not pregnant. As long as you manage your own expectations, you are in the best hands. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of my journey!
Manage your own expectations and be prepared with questions. He'll happily answer them until you feel comfortable!
Dr. Levine is the best. We were lucky enough to have gone to him straight away after recommendations from friends, and avoided the horror stories of "feeling like a number" at other clinics. He immediately establishes a rapport, can relate to you personally, and makes you feel like you are the only patient that matters during that time. He thoroughly answers all of my questions - day or night, in person, phone or email - and encourages me to ask them. I'm especially impressed with how promptly he returns my emails. While I have still not gotten pregnant and am actually seeking a second opinion due to my unexplained diagnosis (just curious what a fresh perspective might uncover!), I feel super confident and comfortable with Dr. Levine. Just trying to be patient :)
Letrozole and Ovidrel injection; second cycle = Letrozole and Ovidrel injection before IUI, Progesterone suppositories and Estrogen patch post-IUI; third cycle = Clomid and Ovidrel injection before IUI, Progesterone suppositories and Estrogen patch post-IUI (resulted in chemical pregnancy); fourth cycle = same as third - Clomid and Ovidrel injection before IUI, Progesterone suppositories and Estrogen patch post-IUI.
The nursing staff at CCRM is top notch. They are quick without making you feel rushed, but most of all, they are super kind and compassionate and always greet you with a smile.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Pro: they make everything as easy as possible from the superficial (soothing decor and waiting room snacks) to the substantial (HOURS spent on the phone with my insurance to help me understand coverage of IVF - big shout out to Amanda!). They are super flexible on timing and only once have I ever experienced a longer wait time. Con: It is expensive. Like, really expensive. I am very fortunate to be able to come here but most people cannot afford this level of care. Hopefully in my case it will be worth it but at least CCRM has assured me total peace of mind throughout this entire process.
Each visit is $250, with ultrasounds billed at $295. It is not covered by insurance, although they will submit it for you and it should count towards your deductible and out-of-pocket/out-of-network maximum. Blood work is a $25 copay with additional lab billing that's usually (for me) around $10. I have had two hysteroscapies with Dr. Levine (one to remove my septum) and I believe all-in, those costs were around $1500 each including anesthesia fees and copayment.
CCRM New York

Dr. Levine’s two best strengths, his compassion and his knowledge of the fertility field, make him an unparalleled doctor. On our first visit, he discussed many different protocols and the types of patients who are successful in each. He is very well versed on the fertility literature and studies and as such, he is able to offer both the most successful protocols and able to tweak them slightly to improve our success. He never ordered frivolous and expensive tests. Every question I posed to him was answered with science backed evidence. He explained the rational for every step of the embryo transfer. His optimism helped me believe we were going to have a baby. When I was having serious doubts about continuing what I thought was sure to be an unsuccessful cycle, he encouraged me to continue the cycle, and it ended up being our most successful one.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Ask lots of questions. He'll have the answers and it will put your mind at ease.
Dr. Levine always made me feel like he genuinely cared about me and the success of my fertility treatment. He came in on his day off to do my egg retrieval because he recognized I was nervous about it. He often came in on Saturdays to monitor his patients. He was incredibly thoughtful to ask about my life outside of fertility treatments and then remember those conversations at later appointments. Throughout my entire treatment Dr. Levine treated both my infertility and the emotional toll it took on me. When I asked him at our initial consult how I could better manage the stress of this process, he offered solutions and talked through different coping mechanisms. He allowed my husband to stay the room (which didn't feel like a sterile hospital exam room) with me during the embryo transfer. It was really comforting to have my husband there and allowed my husband to feel part of the process. Lastly, he always made time for me if I had a question. He is very responsive on email.
Egg retrieval: Started w/ 5 days of letrozole then added menopur and gonal and an oral steroid. Cetrotide added towards the= end. Triggered with HCG and lupron. Embryo transfer: estrogen patch, progesterone suppositories, progesterone injections every 2 days. While I initial objected to the injection, he showed me studies indicating the progesterone injection produced more live births.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz )
I felt like everyone at CCRM knew me and were rooting for me. All of the CCRM nurses are very well versed in fertility treatments. If I had questions, they always knew the answers (or would go find them out -- even speaking to the embryologists to get accurate answers). They were able to explain why I needed some medications over others. They answered all phone calls by the end of business day. When I needed to pick medications up at other pharmacies, the nurses were expeditious in calling in the medications. The OR nurses were very empathetic -- my egg retrieval was on a cold January Monday and the nurses warmed up the bed for me so I wouldn't feel cold. The front desk staff is very warm and friendly. They knew my name and were very friendly both in the office and on phone calls. They were very helpful in making appointments that worked with my schedule. Lastly, the phlebotomists, especially Lori, were wonderful. She always asked me how I was feeling and I felt like she was my biggest cheerleader for me at every appointment.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The CCRM staff is exceptional; everyone (including all of the doctors) knew my name and my case. Every doctor there is warm and incredibly smart – I felt lucky knowing these people were caring for me. CCRM does not feel like a medical clinic. The waiting room has couches and music; the exam rooms (especially the embryo transfer room) doesn’t feel sterile. I initially didn’t think making a monitoring appointment would be important. But having waited for over an hour at other clinics for my monitoring, I now appreciate how nice it is that I never waited at CCRM. They have lots of appointments and could always fit me in. I also appreciate that they don’t over monitor you so you could try to live a normal life during this process. The only weakness is that CCRM is expensive compared to other clinics. But for me, they were also the most successful.
CCRM does not take insurance and is expensive compared to other clinics. But we paid for 1 expensive but successful cycle at CCRM and paid for 4 less expensive but unsuccessful cycles elsewhere.
Dr. Levine’s goal is for each person to have a baby in the healthiest way possible. As such, we implanted one embryo. He had no reason to believe in our case that implanting 2 embryos would increase our odds of having one baby and furthermore could produce twins, which is higher risk for the mother and babies. I was very nervous that our embryo was a grade 3. He provided comfort to me by explaining how embryos of this grade aren’t as traumatized during embryo transfer and often implant better. As I noted before, during the actual embryo transfer Dr. Levine explained his rational for the exact location of where he placed the embryo in the uterus. This gave me a lot of comfort in knowing that everything he does has a specific purpose.
CCRM New York

The personal attention is embedded in the culture at CCRM, from the friendly staff at the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors.... They are so sweet, incredibly organized, and always "make it work" to accommodate your schedule. Also, the facilities are beautiful and quite calming - no detail is overlooked.... I was OBSESSED with all of the nurses. When I was gearing up from the egg retrieval, they sat down with me and my husband for over an hour to talk about the dosage and administration of each medication. It can be intimidating - but they instill so much confidence in you, that all of my anxiety dissipated.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
After a few rounds of unsuccessful IUI and egg retrieval,my body needed a break from the hormone medication. Something in me was telling me not to go straight to the embryo transfer. When I told Dr. Levine this, he is 100% supportive of my decision to take a few months off from treatment and never tried to push me. In fact, he called me over the weekend from his cell phone to talk about the importance of listening to your body, and that taking a break in treatment was totally normal. When I was ready for the transfer a few months later, he picked up right where we left off. I always felt heard and well taken care of through all circumstances.
Even though treatment at CCRM is expensive, it is worth every last penny.
I had treatment at a previous clinic that my husband referred to as a "factory." We only saw our doctor if my cycle happen to fall on a day that she was in the office. With Dr. Levine, almost always saw him for ALL of my appointments. If there was an occasion where he couldn't see me personally, he handed off my appointment to one of the three other doctors in the practice, who I also loved. The personal attention is embedded in the culture at CCRM, from the friendly staff at the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
One aspect that should be highlighted overlooked are the women who sit at the front desk, scheduling appointments and doing patient intake. They are so sweet, incredibly organized, and always "make it work" to accommodate your schedule. Also, the facilities are beautiful and quite calming - no detail is overlooked.
I was so relieved that Dr Levine has a single embryo transfer approach - I did not want twins!
CCRM New York
We had an initial consultation with Dr. Levine that lasted about an hour and a half... I was pleasantly surprised how much time the Dr. took with us. Dr. Levine had all the tests available to him and explained to us that all the traditional metrics suggested both my wife and I should have no problems conceiving - but yet we were having problems. Dr. Levine took the time to get to know us and my wife both on a medical level and a personal level – what is my wife’s medical history, but also, what drives us, what do we like to do for fun, etc... We thought we were visiting with a friend.
The entire experience was positive [at CCRM NY]. The space was intentionally designed to be low profile and respect the privacy of the patients. the space is clean and calming. Every detail was thought of an addressed here. There was never a crowd in the waiting area and everyone took the time to get to know us and provide care in the best possible manner...The entire experience at CCRM NY seems like it was intentionally designed to address all the shortcomings of other clinics in NYC.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Here is our story and how Dr. Levine touched our lives and continues to touch our lives. My wife and I are in our mid-late 30s and had been trying for our first child naturally for 8 months. Naturally, my wife and I were getting anxious and dreaded each period, which when it came, we were back to the drawing board. They didn't tell us having a baby was supposed to be this hard. We did some research and found Dr. Levine at CCRM. We learned that CCRM was a famous clinic from Colorado and people would fly there from all over the world. Dr. Levine had just opened a branch in NYC after training at all the best places (e.g., Cornell and NYU). We had an initial consultation with Dr. Levine that lasted about an hour and a half. We were very impressed with his facility – it was private, it was calming and everyone we encountered was so sweet. I was pleasantly surprised how much time the Dr. took with us. Dr. Levine had all the tests available to him and explained to us that all the traditional metrics suggested both my wife and I should have no problems conceiving - but yet we were having problems. Dr. Levine took the time to get to know us and my wife both on a medical level and a personal level – what is my wife’s medical history, but also, what drives us, what do we like to do for fun, etc... We thought we were visiting with a friend. My wife went into the meeting pushing for IUI of IVF - she was tired of waiting and wanted to get pregnant ASAP. I was not as alarmed, but I was worried that given my wife's state, that the Dr. would proceed with the more expensive approaches without exhausting less invasive avenues. Our experience with Dr. Levine was quite the opposite - he took time with us and was focused on less invasive approaches before turning to IUI, IVF and other treatments. Through our initial casual meeting Dr. Levine was able to deduce that my wife tended to have a lot of mucus in her sinuses and, moreover that it was thick. Dr. Levine explained that sometimes thick mucus could prevent the sperm from reaching the eggs - I guess sperm can't swim through thick mucus - who knew? Dr. Levine suggested that that my wife take standard over the counter Mucinex once a day for a week during ovulation as a first step. Guess what - we were pregnant within a week! A true miracle. Dr. Levine guided us through the first 8 weeks of my wife's pregnancy which was such a comforting experience. We saw Dr. Levine once a week for 8 weeks and each week we learned more about the development of our baby, what to expect and all the time, knowing that we were in the best hands. Dr. Levine continued to reach out to us through the entire pregnancy, even when my wife's care was turned over to her OBGYN. And thank goodness he stayed in touch with us. At 37 weeks pregnant, we got some of the worst news a family can get - my wife was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Things were sort of a blur for a while, but we had to have the baby as soon as possible so that my wife could undergo scans and treatment. Luckily my son was full term because my wife had to be induced within a few days after diagnosis. We now have a beautiful healthy baby boy who is the light of our lives and, while all sorts of people played a role, much of the credit goes to Dr. Levine. My wife had to commence treatment right after our son was born. The treatment raises all sorts of questions related to future fertility - did we want to have more children? Is there time to harvest eggs? Could my wife even carry another child? What are the risks? The questions and the decisions were overwhelming. At times they still are. But Dr. Levine has been with us the whole way. Advising us at every step - what are our options, how can we maximize our options while not compromising my wife's health? And he does this over the phone, via text message, during the weekend - basically whenever we need it. He is compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and proactive - he knows the difficulty were/are going through and he rises to the occasion. He was in constant communication with my wife's OBGYN. Quite frankly, Dr. Levine went above and beyond - and he does this as his standard practice. During these last several months, my wife and I have engaged the medical system more than we ever thought we would and we are constantly moved by the quality of people that provide care. Dr. Levine is in the absolute top of this class, and I would recommend him and his practice to anyone any time.
Go in with an open mind, and just go! don't wait too long before going for a consultation. With very simple suggestions, Dr. Levine can materially impact your ability to conceive.
The entire experience at CCRM NY seems like it was intentionally designed to address all the shortcomings of other clinics in NYC. NYC is a busy place and with the general population having children later and later in their lives, fertility clinics are, quite naturally, busy. From the moment you walk in the door and greet the receptionist, to the nurses drawing blood, to Dr. Levine you are treated like a person deserving of respect and time. They take the time to get to know you and your partner, and that time can make all the difference in your treatment, as I will describe in subsequent sections.
Always compassionate. Always respectful. Very very competent.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The entire experience was positive. The space was intentionally designed to be low profile and respect the privacy of the patients. the space is clean and calming. Every detail was thought of an addressed here. There was never a crowd in the waiting area and everyone took the time to get to know us and provide care in the best possible manner.
I thought the costs were reasonable for the level of care and services provided.
CCRM New York

[Dr. Levine] he is simply the best! He takes such pride in his work and truly empathizes with his patients and will do whatever it takes to make something work for you! And he is an incredible communicator and will talk you through any concern you have at any point (night or day) in the process...Dr. Levine was nothing short of a Godsend for me. He made this process so positive for me. I was nervous going in and he guided me and my husband every step of the way.
The clinic [CCRM - NY] is state of the art and impeccably clean. The staff is so efficient at scheduling appointments and keeping them timely. The patient portal is very user-friendly. Everything is done onsite-- blood work results come back very quickly. They have an onsite embryology lab. The egg retrieval and embryo transfer are both done onsite in state of the art facilities...The nursing staff was amazing-- they also catered to my every need and were always so friendly and positive and immediately knew me by name.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine was nothing short of a Godsend for me. He made this process so positive for me. I was nervous going in and he guided me and my husband every step of the way. And just made it so seamless. I have already recommended him to every single person I know that is going through infertility. "Pregnancy brain" is preventing me from articulating my thoughts, but I truly think he is the best and cannot say enough good things about him!
That he is simply the best! He takes such pride in his work and truly empathizes with his patients and will do whatever it takes to make something work for you! And he is an incredible communicator and will talk you through any concern you have at any point (night or day) in the process.
They not only treated me like a human, they treated me like royalty. I was in touch with them throughout the entire process, and they catered to my every need and concern (and I am a worrier so there were a lot). Whether through patient visits, email or phone, they responded immediately and allayed whatever question/concern I had.
I don't really remember. The egg retrieval was pretty standard protocol if I recall. And for the embryo transfer, the first cycle was on lupron and it just wasn't working for me-- my lining would not thicken, so he readjusted and put me on a menopur protocol, which worked like a charm. I am so thankful he took the time to reassess and thought outside the box!
The nursing staff was amazing-- they also catered to my every need and were always so friendly and positive and immediately knew me by name. They were also extremely responsive via email and the portal to every question/concern I had.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is state of the art and impeccably clean. The staff is so efficient at scheduling appointments and keeping them timely. The patient portal is very user-friendly. Everything is done onsite-- blood work results come back very quickly. They have an onsite embryology lab. The egg retrieval and embryo transfer are both done onsite in state of the art facilities.
I don't remember the breakout, but it was around $25k total maybe?
Since we had such a good quality embryo that was genetically normal, we all agreed that transferring just one was the right move-- given my rather petite stature and prior history!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Levine was amazing from the beginning. ...Brian correctly identified that I also had a luteal phase defect in that after I ovulated, the second half of my cycle was very short - on average only 8-10 days. This wasn't long enough for an embryo to implant even if my egg was getting fertilized...As a concierge office there are definitely increased costs associated with seeing Dr. Levine...He made both of us feel so comfortable and confident every step of the way. He was always on time - sometimes even early!
The office [CCRM] is gorgeous...Everything is state of the art. Their ultrasounds especially are so advanced and give amazing picture quality. They have a great set-up with a large screen that is visible to the patient in addition to the regular screen that he was looking at...Liz was always very responsive to emails and helped coordinate sending prescriptions to different pharmacies...office also helped a lot with submitting expenses to my insurance company for things that would be covered like blood testing so we actually got some money back as well.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Dr. Levine is truly the best of the best. If you are considering a fertility specialist and have come across this review - stop here! He is amazing and you should definitely pick him. My husband definitely developed a little bit of a bro-crush on him as well. He made both of us feel so comfortable and confident every step of the way. He was always on time - sometimes even early! Can't beat that.
Choose him. Period.
Dr. Levine was amazing from the beginning. We had been told by another fertility specialist that we should give fertility medications only one month and then go straight to IVF. Dr. Levine was optimistic and confident from the beginning that he could get us pregnant. And he was right!
I knew from a prior physician that I had diminished ovarian reserve (DOR). Brian correctly identified that I also had a luteal phase defect in that after I ovulated, the second half of my cycle was very short - on average only 8-10 days. This wasn't long enough for an embryo to implant even if my egg was getting fertilized. I had been treated with Clomid (despite a thin lining) and estrogen pills by my previous fertility specialist. He switched me to Letrozole (doesn't thin your lining), estrogen patches (works better than the pills), and progesterone suppositories which helped to lengthen my luteal phase. I truly think that was the key and if we had done that sooner we wouldn't have had so many failed cycles before finding the right combination of meds that finally helped us to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz Lewis)
Liz was always very responsive to emails and helped coordinate sending prescriptions to different pharmacies depending on where my husband or I were that was convenient for us.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The office is gorgeous. Dr. Levine did an amazing job designing the clinic. Everything is state of the art. Their ultrasounds especially are so advanced and give amazing picture quality. They have a great set-up with a large screen that is visible to the patient in addition to the regular screen that he was looking at. My husband also really enjoyed the coffee and snacks in the waiting room :) The staff was very well coordinated and very efficient. Each visit I had an ultrasound and blood draws and they always happened consecutively. There was no going back to the waiting room to wait in between.
As a concierge office there are definitely increased costs associated with seeing Dr. Levine compared to other fertility specialists in the city. My husband and I opted to see another fertility specialist first because they were covered by insurance. I think this plan worked well for us because we got a diagnosis and started the treatment process with the treatment being covered by insurance. We quickly switched to Dr. Levine after the initial testing and I am so glad that we did. He is worth every penny. His office also helped a lot with submitting expenses to my insurance company for things that would be covered like blood testing so we actually got some money back as well. Dr. Levine is absolutely worth every cent of the investment it is to see him.
We did not get into any details of embryo transfers because it wasn't part of our treatment plan.
CCRM New York

He [Dr. Brian Levine] recommended we take time off to help us heal psychologically, and was clearly concerned with our well-being overall. During our second cycle, he carefully monitored every step, and tweaked things as needed. He is incredibly responsive over email, and makes himself available for calls or questions regardless of whether it's a weekday or business hours. Dr. Levine is warm and friendly, and good at explaining the science behind things, which mattered to us as well.
For a retrieval and frozen embry transfer cycle, including ICSI, embryo biopsy and cryopresevation it was about $22,000. In addition, the CCS testing ran anywhere from $500-1,500 (depending on how many embryos). Note that if there isn't a viable embryo (so, no transfer), about $4,000 of the $22,000 could either be refunded to you or applied to another cycle. None of this includes the medications.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
I think I covered this in the section asking about why I was treated like a human and not a number. But, one other thing to note - I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant with a chromosomally perfect soon-to-be son. That's entirely because of Dr. Levine's abilities as a doctor - he took us from no viable embryos to a pregnancy in less than 6 months.
If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask, even off-hours over email. He'll respond in less than a day (sometimes even less than an hour!)
Dr. Levine was extremely caring and responsive while I was in his care. We did 2 retrieval cycles with him with full chromosomal testing. The first cycle failed to produce any healthy embryos and we were devastated. Dr. Levine spent a long time carefully explaining what the results meant, and also what he learned from them about our specific situation. He gave us some recommendations for how to proceed if we wanted to cycle again, and also what he thought our chance of success would be going forward. He recommended we take time off to help us heal psychologically, and was clearly concerned with our well-being overall. During our second cycle, he carefully monitored every step, and tweaked things as needed. He is incredibly responsive over email, and makes himself available for calls or questions regardless of whether it's a weekday or business hours. Dr. Levine is warm and friendly, and good at explaining the science behind things, which mattered to us as well.
The first cycle I believe was fairly standard - menopur and follistim. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 7 were mature, 6 successfully fertilized, 2 made it to blastocyst for testing, but 0 were healthy. Dr. Levine had me take 2 months off between cycles so that I could take some steps to improve my chances. I did acupuncture 2x a week, took a large CoQ-10 supplement daily, cooked nearly all of my meals myself with an eye towards minimizing insulin responses and eating unprocessed foods, reduced my work schedule and generally reduced my stress level. For the second cycle, he did the Lupron antagonist protocol. I only had 6 eggs retrieved, but all 6 fertilized. All 6 made it to blastocyst. 3 were healthy. We have transferred 1 of those 3 (which is now a 7-week pregnancy), and have the other 2 cryogenically frozen for future children.
The nursing staff was kind and responsive. They provided good education regarding medication and how to administer it. They get to know you as a person and genuinely care about your treatment and how you're doing. The nursing staff sometimes struggles drawing blood (though, to be fair, I have notoriously difficult veins). In addition, sometimes the communication regarding drug changes and refills had to be initiated by me instead of by them.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
This clinic offers highly personalized and sophisticated fertility treatments. The space is relaxing (more like a spa than a clinic), clean, and conveniently located in Manhattan. When we were first choosing a clinic (after a disastrous 3 months at Columbia's practice), I called CCRM NY with some questions. Instead of directing me to their website or SART data, they actually were able to put me on the phone with the head of the embryo lab! She spent about a half hour on the phone with me answering all kinds of questions about IVF in general, and their specific practices. It was an impressive level of access, but that is just par for the course with CCRM NY. If you are a patient (or even a possible patient), they treat you with incredible attention, respect and consideration. It's basically the difference between a 3 Michelin star meal and McDonalds. I would recommend them to anyone considering fertility treatment.
Dr. Levine highly recommended an eSET because we had a very high quality embryo to use. He said that the other two embryos were a bit lower quality, and so if we ever have another transfer, we may want to consider doing both at once to help improve the odds. That said, he is generally opposed to multiple embryo transfer, as it is less healthy, even if it can help the odds.
CCRM New York

Warm, friendly, honest, good sense of humor, very optimistic, determined to get us the results we wanted. Our experience with Dr. Levine was one of the best I've had. We really felt like we were his only patients when we were in the office. When we finally got a positive pregnancy test after a few months of treatments, he had us come in on a Saturday morning before 9am to do an ultrasound immediately. Always available, always responsive and really went the extra mile.
The clinic [CCRM NY] is very expensive and they do not accept insurance. I believe we paid several hundred dollars for every visit and upwards of $1000 for IUI...Very clean, coffee and water in the waiting room. Nice relaxing music. Plenty of space so you're not sitting on top of each other. Billing took a bit longer than I would have hoped. I had to wait a few weeks to submit to insurance for payment b/c the billing office was behind. But they did take care of submitting everything to insurance which was really nice. Felt like white glove service.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Ask lots of questions. He does this all day everyday, so sometimes the details aren't explained fully. But he's very patient and there to answer all questions you have.
Great service in the front and back of office. They always answered the phone immediately and returned calls very quickly. Brian always called personally to deliver good and bad news. I felt like he was taking great care of me as he would a family member or friend.
We did Clomid for 2 months but my body didn't react as he wanted, so we switched to Letrozole bc Dr Levine thought my eggs would react better to this. He was right. On our first IUI on Letrozole, we got a positive!
I only saw one nurse during the few months I was there. She was always sweet, remembered us and knew to use the small needle on me for bloodwork. She was also very optimistic and wished us good luck on the IUIs.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is very expensive and they do not accept insurance. I believe we paid several hundred dollars for every visit and upwards of $1000 for IUI.
CCRM New York

Brian's bedside manner is better than any fertility doctor that I have ever seen. In our first meeting to discuss treatment options with him, he spent an hour and half going through our individual case and the approach that he was going to take while carefully explaining in layman's terms what he was talking about...My partner had been on birth control for 10 years prior to meeting Dr. Levine as a way to suppress the chance of ovarian cancer because she is BRCA1 positive. She also had not had a period for that time. She first went through an egg retrieval at another institution and only yielded approximately 5 "mature" eggs. Dr. Levine recognized that, she had a condition, which is escaping me, that could be remedied by adding additional hormonal medicines. It is important to note that had she gone back to the first fertility institution they would have put her on the same protocol as the first time. With Dr. Levine, she was able to yield 29 eggs!
Approximately $20-$22K out of pocket. Drugs are not included in that figure...The clinic is brand new. Facilities are impeccable. Patients are on a first name basis with the staff and are treated very well...The nursing staff at CCRM is highly competent and completely compassionate with your situation. Obviously people would prefer not to be at a fertility clinic because it means there is some problem involved with procreation. The nursing staff is aware of this and makes the experience as painless as possible.
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Brian, put simply, is a sweetheart who wants the best for his patients. He is compassionate to their individual situations and wants to achieve the best outcomes for all. He is extremely well read and versed in all of the latest techniques and procedures in the fertility world. I would recommend him over anyone in the NYC area, having seen fertility doctors at both Cornell and NYU. At those institutions you're treated like a number, whereas at CCRM you're treated as a human.
Trust the process.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Approximately $20-$22K out of pocket. Drugs are not included in that figure.
Dr. Levine will not implant more than two embryos.
CCRM New York

Under his care I was comfortable enough to try for my third child a fourth time. If I never met him, I never would have even tried again. He is an extremely positive individual and extraordinarily dedicated to his patients. I felt like he was only treating me ... knowing he was taking care to treat many. He delicately explained the risks and options. He encouraged questions and provided honest consultation. I would and have recommended him to many friends and friends of friends that ask me what they should do knowing my fertility journey is a long but successful one.
It is a CLEAN, relaxing, warm environment. There is always a smile at the door when you enter and when you leave. They only have the best on staff from the nurses, to the billing, to the embryologist, to the Doctors of course. The standards at CCRM are high and that made me comfortable.
Listen.
Dr Levine is extremely personable and compassionate. His smile speaks a thousand words. More importantly, he clinically treats each case and patient uniquely. I know my protocol was designed specifically for me and my body. If I was treated like a number a customized protocol would not happen.
Same as all my other cycles started with estrogen patch (however, I believe my dose was higher or longer with this cycle) then we used menopur and follistim. Different than my other cycles, he treated me like I had endometriosis even though I was not diagnosed with it based on what he saw at my retrieval. So I was also taking Lupron leading up to the cycle start as well as during the cycle. Also I was on progesterone shots as well as endometrin. In the past I was only on endometrin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Hunter Stitzer)
THE BEST in the industry. As are all the nurses at CCRM. Hunter was my consultant, my rock and my guide through this journey.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
In line with other clinics
no comment.
CCRM New York

Dr. Levine used a standard protocol for our case. We tried two IUIs which were unsuccessful before moving on to IVF. Egg retrial went smooth, and first transfer lead to a positive pregnancy...treated us with incredible kindness. I didn't feel like a number at all. The relationship between a patient and doctor grows into a friendship when you spend so much time working towards the same goal together.
CCRM was wonderful, I truly cannot express my gratitude. I would highly recommend CCRM. The office was clean and organized. The office knows you by name and gives you undivided attention. They have a great team in place to get you the best results...The nursing staff was absolutely incredible! This was another big reason why we went with CCRM. They were compassionate and very responsive to any questions I had. I always felt like I was safe and taken care of. Thank you to all the wonderful nurses and all the hard work that they do!
How was your experience with Brian Levine at CCRM New York?
Our experience with Dr. Levine was easy, stress free, and actually enjoyable. During such a difficult time he made it the best experience it could have been. I felt like he was ALWAYS available, and I truly felt like he cared about the success of our outcome. He is just as invested in you and your results as you are, I promise you that! Dr. Levine is so pleasant and more importantly very knowledgeable. He created the perfect plan for us and it worked. From the very first time I met Dr. Levine and his entire staff, I knew we were in good hands. I feel like we made the best decision by not wasting time and going with their practice. Thank you to Dr. Levine and the wonderful CCRM team for their support and kindness.
Do not waste time, trust in Dr. Levine & his incredible staff!
Dr. Levine treated us with incredible kindness. I didn't feel like a number at all. The relationship between a patient and doctor grows into a friendship when you spend so much time working towards the same goal together.
Dr. Levine used a standard protocol for our case. We tried two IUIs which were unsuccessful before moving on to IVF. Egg retrial went smooth, and first transfer lead to a positive pregnancy. Hardest decision is having to say yes to moving on to IVF but glad we did it as soon as Dr. Levine recommended it.
Approximately $22k