Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyU. of Pennsylvania
FellowshipUSC
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Briana Rudick to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
Dr.Rudick was welcoming which made me more comfortable since I had a bad experience from my first fertility doctor. She also asked me what I will like to do as far as treatment. She gave me all my options and broke them down to me. She also got a chance to talk with my husband who’s a trans man. She gave us insight on fertility in the LGBTQ community. She’s been nothing but amazing so far.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Rudick will communicate very well with you. She will even email you if to make sure you and her on the same page.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
My first time meeting Dr. Rudick we went over my fertility records. She asked questions and also listened to me. The first clinic I went to I didn’t get none of that. They barely spoke to me about my failed IUI’s and didn’t even try to see why it wasn’t working.
Describe the protocols Briana Rudick used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I haven’t gotten a chance to have a cycle with her yet. She ordered an SHG test which discovered I had Fibroids so I had to undergo two surgeries to remove them. I’m currently recovering now from the 2nd one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
The nursing staff was amazing. They communicated well and were very pleasant.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is beautiful, you’re always greeted. They have coffee, tea and water for you while you wait. They even sometimes play relaxing music. The clinic is always clean. The waiting area, the rooms and bathrooms are well kept. They provide anything you need to freshen up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Briana Rudick at Columbia University.
So far I haven’t gotten any fertility treatments because of the surgeries. But I was told the cost if my insurance don’t approve me for IVF.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Rudick impressed me early on as being both intelligent and attentive. She is very thorough and very quick to get what’s on my mind. She made me feel positive and gave me confidence. I also appreciate her attention to detail and willingness to discuss matters openly.... Most of the time, it’s your own doctor provides the ultrasound, so you know the status.... Columbia provides many opportunities to communicate with your own doctor.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Open your mind, be positive and don't hold anything back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
IVF is a very stressful process, especially when we are using extensive hormones, which could easily make our feeling and emotions swing and tiny little bit of discomfort occurred to us could trigger a big drama. Having gone through numerous consultations and IVF treatments over the past 4 years, The Center For Women's at Columbia University Medical Center has worked best for me. Columbia provides many opportunities to communicate with your own doctor. Most of the time, it’s your own doctor provides the ultrasound, so you know the status. Dr. Rudick impressed me early on as being both intelligent and attentive. She is very thorough and very quick to get what’s on my mind. She made me feel positive and gave me confidence. The process of drawing blood can be uncomfortable, but the staff at Columbia were friendly and compassionate. I love Arula. She made my day when she successfully drew the blood in one shot from my hard-to find vein. Jenny is very patient. Patrice is always smiling and sometimes she does it herself, despite being the lead nurse who assigns tasks. Pam, the most senior staffer, gave us very detailed training. I deeply appreciate advice to avoid google searches, and not to make any guesses. I believe most of us like to read, analyze and formulate questions; Pam pointed out that operating from assumptions won’t do us any good. She encouraged us to directly ask the doctor. The administrative staff is also great, particularly Sofia. She has a passion for her work, despite being relatively new. She takes everything seriously and is focused on the tasks at hand. Without her help, I won’t be so fortunate. The last item I want to mention is the billing department; they made difficult issues very simple. I am able to match their bills with my insurance EOB’s. If I came across any discrepancies, Miriam provided a detailed explanation and an immediate fix. This is in sharp contrast to prior experiences, in which the bills were tough to decipher and help was not consistent.
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Briana Rudick] always treated me as if I were her only patient. She remembered my personal situation everytime I saw her she never sugar coated anything but was never doubtful or negative either. When I conceived at 43 after one IVF treatment she told me to play the lottery! That was the only time she expressed that the odds had been against me... She is direct, stays neutral, is forthcoming, fresh, progressive, supportive, takes her time and talks to you, feels like a friend, routes for you.
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
See previous comment. She is direct, stays neutral, is forthcoming, fresh, progressive, supportive, takes her time and talks to you, feels like a friend, routes for you. She recommend that I deliver ya NYC Langone due to my location and because they are an educational hospital
Don’t expect a dr thatsugar coats the facts. She gets to the point but with a softness because she is compassionate. She has children and with that comes empathy for the desire to want a baby. She made me feel comfortable, laugh, and stay excited
As Columbia has a massive fertility dept and I saw several drs during the year and a half of IUI and IVF attemps, dr rudck always treated me as if I were her only patient. She remembered my personal situation everytime I saw her she never sugar coated anything but was never doubtful or negative either. When I conceived at 43 after one IVF treatment she told me to play the lottery! That was the only time she expressed that the odds had been against me
Fast knowledgeable warm caring encouraging
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Operated like a factory due to the number of patients in the waiting room at any given time. But it was necessary to maintain a constant flow of moving patients . They only called u by ur first name to maintain privacy . There was never a long wait from when u were called to when the dr arrived. I do think they need to change the billing window procedure. There’s not enough privacy
My insurance covered up to 30k in fertirky treatments and 10k per lifetime if IVF meds . My out of pocket for 8 IUIs and 1 IVF was about $13k. I did use donor Sperm so a portion of that was for receiving storage and thawing
Describe Briana Rudick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
I had 9 eggs retrieved 7 survived by day 5 only one healthy embryo was viable
2013
2013
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick was simply not a good doctor and she was terrible at explaining issues. After the first round of bloodtests I had, she left me a voice mail telling me it would be hard for me to get pregnant. She later denied saying that on the message, and said I had not understood her, but I listened to the message several times and it is what she said. It may not have been what she meant, but that does not help on a voice mail, especially when you cannot reach her easily with follow up questions. Second, her treatment was not good. When I went to another doctor for a second opinion, I found out she had missed several things in my chart. The second doctor picked up on several results from Ruduck's chart and made changes in my treatment, which got results. Dr. Rudick had the same information but didn't use it. Dr. Rudick was was pregnant when I saw her but she never said anything. It wasn't obvions when I started seeing her but she walked into one appointment clearly showing and I was floored. I felt it was very insensitive of her not to say anything about her pregnancy earlier (or at all). When I asked her when she was due she refused to tell me.
Go elsewhere.
Columbia is a total factory and it not well run. The nurses are terrible and it is very difficult to get through to anyone. Dr. Rudick was not careful in treatment and was very imprecise in her explanations.
I don't remember this information well enough.
The nurses were not helpful or nice. Total factory. You could wait on hold forever just to leave a message for someone to maybe call you back. The nurses are only available until 4 or 4.30 pm.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is a factory and is not well run. Their excuse is that they take so much insurance but other clinics that take insurance do a much better job from an administrative standpoint (I found out from experience).
It was covered by insurance for us.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Briana Rudick] is very understanding of my very particularity situation. She has always been available when I needed to talk to her. I feel like when she explains things to me she is actually talking to me not just spiting out information. She shows that she really cares about helping me get pregnant... Due to my specific issues we have had to undergo, IVF early on instead of IUI, she has also required ICSI because there are concerns about the sperm. During my IVF cycle my progesterone spiked early and instead of risking losing the embryos she changed my IVF cycle from a fresh cycle to a freeze all. Her rational was that my body could potentially be out of sync and if we attempted to put one of my two embryos in we run a high risk of it not taking.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I am very happy with her. She has been very informative and has been great to adapt my cycle when we needed to. I feel very confident that she will be the one to help me get pregnant. I'm very glad she is my doctor. I feel comfortable with her.
Be open about your situation, through out my treatment since she knows my specific situation she has been careful about certain things that she knows I am worried about. She has tailored my treatment because of this situation.
She is very understanding of my very particularity situation. She has always been available when I needed to talk to her. I feel like when she explains things to me she is actually talking to me not just spiting out information. She shows that she really cares about helping me get pregnant.
Due to my specific issues we have had to undergo, IVF early on instead of IUI, she has also required ICSI because there are concerns about the sperm. During my IVF cycle my progesterone spiked early and instead of risking losing the embryos she changed my IVF cycle from a fresh cycle to a freeze all. Her rational was that my body could potentially be out of sync and if we attempted to put one of my two embryos in we run a high risk of it not taking. So we froze all my embryos. I have under went one FET that did not work out and I will be undergoing a second FET soon.
I was very happy they were able to give me the information I needed and when they were unsure they were able to get an answer from my doctor fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I know they are trying to fix part of the clinic. I was fine with the clinic. The people were friendly the clinic was clean. I wish there was more space but overall it was decent. I like that morning monitoring goes quickly so I can be in and out.
My IVF cycle was $14,200 with anesthetist and ICSI all self pay. My insurance does not cover IVF. My FET was $4,250.
With me and my situation we both agreed that a eSET was appropriate.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
she [Dr. Rudick] really know her stuff. I felt a sense of hope when I first saw her. She was very kind, and took her time to explain everything in detail... I felt completely comfortable with her. She was very thorough with explaining The procedure, and answered any questions that I had. She can be very direct at times, but I felt that she just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page with everything. I would definitely go back to her when the time is right.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick is a good doctor. I felt completely comfortable with her. She was very thorough with explaining The procedure, and answered any questions that I had. She can be very direct at times, but I felt that she just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page with everything. I would definitely go back to her when the time is right.
She is a very thorough doctor.
She's a good doctor, she really know her stuff. I felt a sense of hope when I first saw her. She was very kind, and took her time to explain everything in detail.
Follistim which produced 19 eggs, and only 2 good embryos.
The nurses were nice and communicated well. They dealt with me in a compassionate way. I enjoyed working with them. They all made the whole process a little easier.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is a nice facility I really have no complaints. There strength is how they communicate with their patients. I always got a prompt response when I called and left messages, or sent emails. I also liked that schedule the appointments accordingly, so that I am not waiting an hour in the waiting room for my appointment. All in all it had a good experience at Columbia.
The doctor transferred two embryos in, to give me the best chance at having one successful pregnancy.
Columbia University
She [Dr. Briana Rudick] is positive, upbeat and honest. I had great results from my retrieval (22 eggs) and I believe it had to do with how she handled my care. Totally stress free. Monitoring appointments can be stressful, but I always looked forward to seeing her. When we saw the baby's heartbeat for the first time, I could tell she was just as excited as we were. She was like part of our family and very much a part of our journey.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
She is positive, upbeat and honest. I had great results from my retrieval (22 eggs) and I believe it had to do with how she handled my care. Totally stress free. Monitoring appointments can be stressful, but I always looked forward to seeing her. When we saw the baby's heartbeat for the first time, I could tell she was just as excited as we were. She was like part of our family and very much a part of our journey.
Dr. Rudick is great if you are looking for a warm, friendly and communicative doctor. She gets to know you as a person and you never feel like a number.
There are not enough words to describe my adoration of this woman. She is an extremely compassionate, intelligent and friendly doctor. She is very communicative and always makes time for my questions. Very responsive with phone calls and information.
Columbia University
Was like family. Trusted her [Dr. Briana Rudick] with everything. She was very understanding of our situation. She didn’t make my wife and I feel uncomfortable. We used known donor sperm and she was very compassionate. She told us risks and concerns and truly was sensitive when the not so good happened. Ultimately in 2017 we had our miracle baby... She truly understands all aspects of IVF
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Was like family. Trusted her with everything. She was very understanding of our situation. She didn’t make my wife and I feel uncomfortable. We used known donor sperm and she was very compassionate. She told us risks and concerns and truly was sensitive when the not so good happened. Ultimately in 2017 we had our miracle baby
She truly understands all aspects of IVF
Very friendly and cared tremendous felt like family
We started with IUI. Had miscarriage in my second one. Then we tried again for 8 more tries. Then we went to IVF. Second IVF worked
Friendly and well trained and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Timely appointments. And very friendly Billing department was a bit hard to get in touch with but I learned they have to deal with insurance companies. The insurance companies are the ones who need help
After all days and dine appx 50,000
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Rudick made every effort to answer all of our questions every step of the way. She was great about checking in about how we were doing emotionally, physically, and financially. She always followed up with a call if there was an issue and I saw a different doctor for monitoring...We saw several REs for the infertility diagnosis and liked Dr. Rudick the best by far. We are now seeking a 2nd opinion on treatment. If we hadn't liked her so much, we might have sought a 2nd opinion earlier. It's hard to be critical of doctor for being too nice.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is an excellent clinic, and would be a good fit for people who respond well to the standard protocols.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Briana [Rudick at Columbia] had so much patience with me. She is wonderful and caring. I am a single woman going through this process alone and she has been extremely attentive. I could not ask for more....Briana is very knowledgeable and kind. She completely understands my nervousness and guides me through absolutely everything. I am extremely nervous every time I go for a visit. She relaxes me before beginning any procedure.
IVF, Donor Eggs
The best
Briana had so much patience with me. She is wonderful and caring. I am a single woman going through this process alone and she has been extremely attentive. I could not ask for more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
The nurse held my hand and was very comforting.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Great individuals working at the clinic.
Columbia University
Dr. Rudick took the time to meet with my wife and I and explain the entire process in elaborate detail both before and after the initial testing. She was always very straightforward in her information but also optimistic and positive... The only drawback was the amount of time it takes to get an appointment, she has a waiting list of 1-2 months for an appointment.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
She always made us feel welcome and comfortable while explaining the procedures that lay ahead of us. The only drawback was the amount of time it takes to get an appointment, she has a waiting list of 1-2 months for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Don't Remember)
She was helpful but sometimes takes a while to call you back or respond to questions.