Medical SchoolMedical College of Wisconsin
Center City
1515 Market Street
Center City, PA 19102
610.667.1070
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brianna Schumacher to a friend?

4.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
She [Dr. Brianna Schumacher] was very thorough in her explanation at the initial visit, and optimistic and supportive in our decision to go with IUI...She did our final US before graduating from the practice and explained everything well, answered any questions we had, encouraged us to send pictures of my growing belly and baby as the pregnancy progresses...She had reviewed my chart from my previous doctor, and felt my body responded well to clomid so we did cycles of clomid and ovidrel with IUI. My initial month, I over produced and had 11 follicles so she canceled for too high a risk of multiples. The second month she lowered my dose to where i had 4, and we had a successful first IUI treatment.
The office [of Shady Grove Fertility] called to check in on us often, lend an ear or medical advice when needed, emailed to congratulate us on our pregnancy. Never at any point did I feel like a number in that office...Everyone who would call to discuss things was well informed of our chart/history/plan...We struggled the first month when I had too many eggs with whether we should try timed intercourse and take our chances, and she was extremely professional and honest with her advice. Suggesting we think of life down the road, do we have room for triplets in the car? In our house? Can we feed them?
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was very thorough in her explanation at the initial visit, and optimistic and supportive in our decision to go with IUI. Everyone who would call to discuss things was well informed of our chart/history/plan. She did our final US before graduating from the practice and explained everything well, answered any questions we had, encouraged us to send pictures of my growing belly and baby as the pregnancy progresses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility?
The office called to check in on us often, lend an ear or medical advice when needed, emailed to congratulate us on our pregnancy. Never at any point did I feel like a number in that office.
Describe the protocols Brianna Schumacher used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Annika )
Annika called after any procedure we had, to go over the information with us again and see if we had any questions. We struggled the first month when I had too many eggs with whether we should try timed intercourse and take our chances, and she was extremely professional and honest with her advice. Suggesting we think of life down the road, do we have room for triplets in the car? In our house? Can we feed them? She put things into perspective and was the voice of reason I needed at the time. I was grateful for her honesty. I appreciate a blunt approach when it comes to my medical care. She was also compassionate when I needed her to be when we could t do IUI.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They were always understanding and flexible. With traffic in the morning sometimes i would call if I would be late and they were always very understanding. Their receptionists knew you by name quickly. They offered very early appts which were helpful with our work schedules.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our IUI was 100% covered by our insurance

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Schumacher is very personable, professional and clear with what to expect. She takes time to explain all procedures, options, benefits and risks in a way that is truly helpful. She reaches out to communicate directly and has been a very caring professional....She takes time to explain things and reach out personally via email and phone... We're using oral estrogen and PIO injections to prepare for a frozen embryo transfer via donor embryo.
SGF says their standard is almost always a single transfer to reduce the risk of multiples....However, they still evaluate each case to be sure eSET is best given the circumstances....Their strengths include a well organized team, friendly atmosphere, treatment backed by current evidence, and several options for treatment available.... Financial dept does sometimes need a little extra follow up but nothing excessive.
European, Black or African-American
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility?
Can't say I have any advice, she did everything I'd expect a caring doctor to do.
She takes time to explain things and reach out personally via email and phone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
Our nurse has been excellent at coordinating between me, doctor, pharmacies and even the financial coordinator.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Their strengths include a well organized team, friendly atmosphere, treatment backed by current evidence, and several options for treatment available. I can't think of any weaknesses at this team. Financial dept does sometimes need a little extra follow up but nothing excessive.
We're doing a frozen embryo transfer via donor embryo program. The fees in total should be under $8k. Extremely reasonable.
Describe Brianna Schumacher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
SGF says their standard is almost always a single transfer to reduce the risk of multiples. As a former preemie parent, I recognize the importance of reducing the risk of multiples given the increased risk of prematurity. However, they still evaluate each case to be sure eSET is best given the circumstances. In our case, both embryos we have are healthy and theres no reason to justify trying multiple transfer and risking multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility.

The interaction with Dr. Schumacher is limited...During the IUI cycles Dr. Schumacher has me taking clomid after an unsuccessful IUI and a cancelled IUI she switched up the type of medication I was taking...also prescribed other medications during the screening process that would increase fertility...does her best to keep communication open via emails and through the patient portal...She is very knowledgeable and kind. I just wish there was more time with her
They have many locations [of Shady Grove] making appointments easy to schedule. The Chesterbrook location has a surgery center attached so any procedures are done at that location making it a more comfortable experience...Nikki is an excellent nurse!! She makes all the time and answered all my questions. Nikki was very thorough and organized throughout my treatments... has a large medical staff which is great because appointments run on time and you are not left waiting for a long time. However this is also a disadvantage because you may not see your primary doctor during any of your blood work or ultra sound appointments.
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Schumacher is a great doctor! She is very knowledgeable and kind. I just wish there was more time with her! Dr Schumacher does her best to keep communication open via emails and through the patient portal.
Dr. Schumacher is great but you may not see her often.
The interaction with Dr. Schumacher is limited. There is a large staff at shady grove Fertility, everyone is great but it would be nice to have more patient doctor time.
During the IUI cycles Dr. Schumacher has me taking clomid after an unsuccessful IUI and a cancelled IUI she switched up the type of medication I was taking. Dr Schumacher also prescribed other medications during the screening process that would increase fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nikki Yeager)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady grove has a large medical staff which is great because appointments run on time and you are not left waiting for a long time. However this is also a disadvantage because you may not see your primary doctor during any of your blood work or ultra sound appointments. They have many locations making appointments easy to schedule. The Chesterbrook location has a surgery center attached so any procedures are done at that location making it a more comfortable experience.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Brianna [Schumacher] made me feel comfortable and I know for sure she will do the same to you. She is also a great listener and will give you great answers to all your questions...She gave us hope and explained procedures and possibilities and outcome in diagrams and self explained. Dr Brianna is a pleasent intellegent caring doctor.
[The nurse at Shady Grove Fertility was] a great listener...Great place, safe clean environment. As I walked it I felt good it look so nice and peaceful. The staff was respectful friendly and I felt as if everyone understood what I was going threw. I felt on my heart there compassion and trust. I never felt so comfortable and hopeful in another past clinic.
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Brianna made us feel comfortable and gave us an answer to all of questions. She gave us hope and explained procedures and possibilities and outcome in diagrams and self explained. Dr Brianna is a pleasent intellegent caring doctor.
Dr Brianna made me feel comfortable and I know for sure she will do the same to you. She is also a great listener and will give you great answers to all your questions.
Dr Brianna was very good listener and self explained she gave me the hope I needed and the answers to all my questions. I knew God had put her in our direction for a reason. I hope to see her agin soon!
Overian Assessment Report, Baseline ultrasound, Saline Sonogram
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie )
Very Compasion and a great listener.
+ Read more- Read less

After going through all my options [with Dr. Schumacher] IVF seemed the best option for my husband and myself. We did the injectables for the egg retrieval, and then after the genetic testing and trial that I was in did the transfer of 1 embryo...reached out personally via phone call or email throughout the lengthy IVF process with updates and words of encouragement which was very surprising and unexpected...She made an intimidating topic of infertility very relatable and made
Since I was in a trial I could only have single embryo transfer [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia]...Everyone in the Chesterbrook location is great. You really start to feel like part of a family. (Esp since you will be there every other day some weeks). No matter if I saw someone for the first time or the 10th time I felt very comfortable with everyone I interacted with...Everyone always had a smile and recognized me by name only after a few visits. I was able to get ahold of anyone I needed to and all emails were responded to in a very timely manner.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Schumacher. She made an intimidating topic of infertility very relatable and made sure she took the time to get to know you, explain everything and helped guide you all the way through your process. She pleasantly surprised me how involved she was throughout the whole process. Not only was she on hands, after every procedure or core updates she sent me a personal email or phone call to update me on the status along with words of encouragement. She definitely made you feel that you could get through anything even though at times it may be difficult. If I could stay with her to a live birth I would have loved to. I STRONGLY recommend Dr. Schumacher!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
If you are hesitant or nervous it is worth it. She will make you feel comfortable and explain everything in a way you will understand. She will find the best solution for YOU and your situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Schumacher reached out personally via phone call or email throughout the lengthy IVF process with updates and words of encouragement which was very surprising and unexpected.
Describe the protocols Brianna Schumacher used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Due to my age (above 35) and previously having a misscarriage with no lives births in my history, she went over all my options with percentages of outcomes of a live birth. After going through all my options IVF seemed the best option for my husband and myself. We did the injectables for the egg retrieval, and then after the genetic testing and trial that I was in did the transfer of 1 embryo. Blood work and ultrasounds were completed frequently and meds adjusted as needed to get the best possible outcome. I can safely say that I am 10 weeks pregnant and excited to start this next chapter in my life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Annika)
Everyone in Shady Grove Chesterbrook was amazing, from the nurses, coordinators, doctors, staff that took blood and front staff. Everyone always had a smile and recognized me by name only after a few visits. I was able to get ahold of anyone I needed to and all emails were responded to in a very timely manner.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Monitoring appointments were done in a specific window during the week. I was fortunate that I was able to make it work with my schedule and it not conflict too much with my work schedule.
Describe Brianna Schumacher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Since I was in a trial I could only have single embryo transfer. Since this was my first IVF cycle, Dr Schumacher also wanted to make sure that we had 1 perfect embryo transferred rather than taking out chances with multiple for our first IVF transfer.
Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia