Good

Philadelphia
1515 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
610.667.1070

She [Dr. Brianna Schumacher] was very thorough in her explanation at the initial visit, and optimistic and supportive in our decision to go with IUI...She did our final US before graduating from the practice and explained everything well, answered any questions we had, encouraged us to send pictures of my growing belly and baby as the pregnancy progresses...She had reviewed my chart from my previous doctor, and felt my body responded well to clomid so we did cycles of clomid and ovidrel with IUI. My initial month, I over produced and had 11 follicles so she canceled for too high a risk of multiples. The second month she lowered my dose to where i had 4, and we had a successful first IUI treatment.
The office [of Shady Grove Fertility] called to check in on us often, lend an ear or medical advice when needed, emailed to congratulate us on our pregnancy. Never at any point did I feel like a number in that office...Everyone who would call to discuss things was well informed of our chart/history/plan...We struggled the first month when I had too many eggs with whether we should try timed intercourse and take our chances, and she was extremely professional and honest with her advice. Suggesting we think of life down the road, do we have room for triplets in the car? In our house? Can we feed them?
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
She was very thorough in her explanation at the initial visit, and optimistic and supportive in our decision to go with IUI. Everyone who would call to discuss things was well informed of our chart/history/plan. She did our final US before graduating from the practice and explained everything well, answered any questions we had, encouraged us to send pictures of my growing belly and baby as the pregnancy progresses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
The office called to check in on us often, lend an ear or medical advice when needed, emailed to congratulate us on our pregnancy. Never at any point did I feel like a number in that office.
Describe the protocols Brianna Schumacher used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Annika )
Annika called after any procedure we had, to go over the information with us again and see if we had any questions. We struggled the first month when I had too many eggs with whether we should try timed intercourse and take our chances, and she was extremely professional and honest with her advice. Suggesting we think of life down the road, do we have room for triplets in the car? In our house? Can we feed them? She put things into perspective and was the voice of reason I needed at the time. I was grateful for her honesty. I appreciate a blunt approach when it comes to my medical care. She was also compassionate when I needed her to be when we could t do IUI.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
They were always understanding and flexible. With traffic in the morning sometimes i would call if I would be late and they were always very understanding. Their receptionists knew you by name quickly. They offered very early appts which were helpful with our work schedules.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Our IUI was 100% covered by our insurance
Chesterbrook

Dr. Schumacher is very personable, professional and clear with what to expect. She takes time to explain all procedures, options, benefits and risks in a way that is truly helpful. She reaches out to communicate directly and has been a very caring professional....She takes time to explain things and reach out personally via email and phone... We're using oral estrogen and PIO injections to prepare for a frozen embryo transfer via donor embryo.
SGF says their standard is almost always a single transfer to reduce the risk of multiples....However, they still evaluate each case to be sure eSET is best given the circumstances....Their strengths include a well organized team, friendly atmosphere, treatment backed by current evidence, and several options for treatment available.... Financial dept does sometimes need a little extra follow up but nothing excessive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Can't say I have any advice, she did everything I'd expect a caring doctor to do.
She takes time to explain things and reach out personally via email and phone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
Our nurse has been excellent at coordinating between me, doctor, pharmacies and even the financial coordinator.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Their strengths include a well organized team, friendly atmosphere, treatment backed by current evidence, and several options for treatment available. I can't think of any weaknesses at this team. Financial dept does sometimes need a little extra follow up but nothing excessive.
We're doing a frozen embryo transfer via donor embryo program. The fees in total should be under $8k. Extremely reasonable.
Describe Brianna Schumacher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
SGF says their standard is almost always a single transfer to reduce the risk of multiples. As a former preemie parent, I recognize the importance of reducing the risk of multiples given the increased risk of prematurity. However, they still evaluate each case to be sure eSET is best given the circumstances. In our case, both embryos we have are healthy and theres no reason to justify trying multiple transfer and risking multiples.
Chesterbrook
Dr. Schumacher was kind and explained in detail everything I needed to know in our first consult. She made me feel comfortable and never judged from the beginning. She was always available if I had questions or concerns and was my biggest support through this difficult journey. I cannot recommend her enough...2 IUIs with Clomid and 2nd ended in unknown location which prompted us to move to IVF. After 2 IVF cycles, I finally received my 1 Pgt normal embryo and my FET worked!
I visited 2 offices [for Shady Grove Fertility] and it was always very run and the staff was always kind and inviting. Wait times were never long and you never felt rushed. Front desk staff was always friendly and welcoming at both locations...Debbie and every staff member I ever encountered at Shady Grove was outstanding! Debbie was always caring and supportive and I truly felt she cared about every step of my journey!
Dr. Schumacher was kind and explained in detail everything I needed to know in our first consult. She made me feel comfortable and never judged from the beginning. She was always available if I had questions or concerns and was my biggest support through this difficult journey. I cannot recommend her enough!!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with all the questions! It’s a very overwhelming experience with a lot of information to take in and Dr. Schumacher always explained things impeccably!
I was always treated with compassion and encouragement. My questions or concerns were always answered quickly and Dr. Schumacher was always available to talk if I needed to!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Dancer)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I visited 2 offices and it was always very run and the staff was always kind and inviting. Wait times were never long and you never felt rushed. Front desk staff was always friendly and welcoming at both locations.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Shady Grove Fertility is truly an amazing place. Everyone has great energy...Everyone we encountered at SGF (Towson and Chesterbrook) were so helpful and made such an up and down journey that much easier...Dr. Schumacher also made contact and checked in before and after every procedure. The level of care was superlative...
There is no way we could have made it on this journey without Dr. Schumacher and her positivity. From the moment we met her virtually she made us feel comfortable to ask any questions and took her time with us to explain the entire IVF process. Dr. Schumacher also made contact and checked in before and after every procedure. The level of care was superlative. Following both of my two biochemical pregnancies Dr. Schumacher called me personally to check in and help us process the outcome. I was so overwhelmed with emotion, but also by her kindness to even think to reach out to me to not only comfort me but with her optimism encourage us to keep moving forward. And we did! With her guidance we adjusted the process - opting for a natural cycle - and are successfully pregnant. I tell everyone I know I wish Dr. Schumacher could take us through my entire pregnancy because she is nothing short of amazing!!
You are in great hands just stay positive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Laura and Nikki)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Shady Grove Fertility is truly an amazing place. Everyone has great energy. To anyone questioning whether or not Shady Grove is right for you, trust me when I say you will not go wrong! The IVF process can be quite the journey but with Shady Grove Fertility it makes it that much easier.
2019, Consult
Dr Brianna [Schumacher] made me feel comfortable and I know for sure she will do the same to you. She is also a great listener and will give you great answers to all your questions...She gave us hope and explained procedures and possibilities and outcome in diagrams and self explained. Dr Brianna is a pleasent intellegent caring doctor.
[The nurse at Shady Grove Fertility was] a great listener...Great place, safe clean environment. As I walked it I felt good it look so nice and peaceful. The staff was respectful friendly and I felt as if everyone understood what I was going threw. I felt on my heart there compassion and trust. I never felt so comfortable and hopeful in another past clinic.
Dr Brianna made us feel comfortable and gave us an answer to all of questions. She gave us hope and explained procedures and possibilities and outcome in diagrams and self explained. Dr Brianna is a pleasent intellegent caring doctor.
Dr Brianna made me feel comfortable and I know for sure she will do the same to you. She is also a great listener and will give you great answers to all your questions.
Dr Brianna was very good listener and self explained she gave me the hope I needed and the answers to all my questions. I knew God had put her in our direction for a reason. I hope to see her agin soon!
Overian Assessment Report, Baseline ultrasound, Saline Sonogram
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie )
Very Compasion and a great listener.

2021, Successful
Dr. Schumacher is an incredibly intelligent physician with the most wonderful bedside manner. She has truly found her calling in life! She is thorough and strives to make sure her patients and partners understanding each step of the process. She put me at ease the first day I spoke with her. I cannot say enough great things - she will always hold a special place in my heart! We would not be where we are today without her!
The clinic at Chesterbrook was a well run and efficient. The staff who works there is consistently welcoming and supportive! They were accommodating to my work schedule. Communication was excellent as well...Dr. Schumacher along with the staff at SGF in Chesterbrook were consistently kind, welcoming, and supportive! Although these appointments were stressful and emotional, I have to say I looked forward to going because of my wonderful physician and the staff members!
Schedule your appointment with her ASAP - no need to search for anyone else!
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Schumacher was super kind, patient, honest and clear about the entire process. She made sure I had the info and resources I needed to feel most comfortable about my care...Dr Schumacher emailed me to check in after appts and procedures. She was enthusiastic and excited for each step of the process and also was realistic about the outcomes (which is what I wanted and asked for). She made me feel seen and heard throughout the entire process and I felt completely comfortable asking any questions or voicing any concerns I had...
Debbie [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] was absolutely amazing. She was so informative and incredibly patient. She showed compassion and understanding that this was a vulnerable and new phase I was going through...The clinic was very clean, staff were friendly and responsive...Do your research so you know what questions to ask. They do this process every day and sometimes the nuances might get overlooked. Don’t be afraid to go back after the appt (call/email) and ask those questions...
Be prepared to ask questions, no matter who your doctor is. Do your research so you know what questions to ask. They do this process every day and sometimes the nuances might get overlooked. Don’t be afraid to go back after the appt (call/email) and ask those questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Debbie was absolutely amazing. She was so informative and incredibly patient. She showed compassion and understanding that this was a vulnerable and new phase I was going through. I hope everyone gets a Debbie.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The clinic was very clean, staff were friendly and responsive. I think communication during the COVID surge could have been stronger. I did not find out my husband wasn’t allowed to attend our first ultrasound until we arrived at the clinic. Ultimately, I don’t fully understand him not being allowed in, we live together, we’re both vaccinated. If he’s sick I’m likely sick. Doesn’t make sense.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The clinic did not communicate the policy change during the COVID surge that spouses were not allowed to attend ultrasounds. We found out when we both arrived at the clinic and they would not let him in.
Chesterbrook

After going through all my options [with Dr. Schumacher] IVF seemed the best option for my husband and myself. We did the injectables for the egg retrieval, and then after the genetic testing and trial that I was in did the transfer of 1 embryo...reached out personally via phone call or email throughout the lengthy IVF process with updates and words of encouragement which was very surprising and unexpected...She made an intimidating topic of infertility very relatable and made
Since I was in a trial I could only have single embryo transfer [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia]...Everyone in the Chesterbrook location is great. You really start to feel like part of a family. (Esp since you will be there every other day some weeks). No matter if I saw someone for the first time or the 10th time I felt very comfortable with everyone I interacted with...Everyone always had a smile and recognized me by name only after a few visits. I was able to get ahold of anyone I needed to and all emails were responded to in a very timely manner.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Schumacher. She made an intimidating topic of infertility very relatable and made sure she took the time to get to know you, explain everything and helped guide you all the way through your process. She pleasantly surprised me how involved she was throughout the whole process. Not only was she on hands, after every procedure or core updates she sent me a personal email or phone call to update me on the status along with words of encouragement. She definitely made you feel that you could get through anything even though at times it may be difficult. If I could stay with her to a live birth I would have loved to. I STRONGLY recommend Dr. Schumacher!
If you are hesitant or nervous it is worth it. She will make you feel comfortable and explain everything in a way you will understand. She will find the best solution for YOU and your situation.
Dr. Schumacher reached out personally via phone call or email throughout the lengthy IVF process with updates and words of encouragement which was very surprising and unexpected.
Due to my age (above 35) and previously having a misscarriage with no lives births in my history, she went over all my options with percentages of outcomes of a live birth. After going through all my options IVF seemed the best option for my husband and myself. We did the injectables for the egg retrieval, and then after the genetic testing and trial that I was in did the transfer of 1 embryo. Blood work and ultrasounds were completed frequently and meds adjusted as needed to get the best possible outcome. I can safely say that I am 10 weeks pregnant and excited to start this next chapter in my life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Annika)
Everyone in Shady Grove Chesterbrook was amazing, from the nurses, coordinators, doctors, staff that took blood and front staff. Everyone always had a smile and recognized me by name only after a few visits. I was able to get ahold of anyone I needed to and all emails were responded to in a very timely manner.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Monitoring appointments were done in a specific window during the week. I was fortunate that I was able to make it work with my schedule and it not conflict too much with my work schedule.
Since I was in a trial I could only have single embryo transfer. Since this was my first IVF cycle, Dr Schumacher also wanted to make sure that we had 1 perfect embryo transferred rather than taking out chances with multiple for our first IVF transfer.
Chadds Ford (closed)