Medical SchoolUCSF
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brooke Friedman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner and is positive and encouraging without being overly optimistic. She will spend the time to answer all of your questions without making you feel like a number at the clinic and always remembered things about our past treatment even when significant time had passed. She is open to altering plans and treatments if things don't work the first time. She always responds to emails and calls with important news, whether it is good or bad. I appreciate this especially considering many clinics have the nurses call with results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Generally, I would do your research but trust her knowledge. After going through a couple years of IVF, I know a lot more now than I did when I first started. Be informed with any protocol and treatments that any doctor gives you so you know what questions to ask, but remember that they have had years of training and trust that they are doing what is in your best interest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman took the time to explain aspects of treatments with us, answered our questions without making us feel as though we shouldn't ask them, and always weighed pros and cons with us. She was quick to answer emails and when we had questions that were too long to be answered via email, was always willing to set up a phone appointment with us. She calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The first retrieval round was standard with 250 gonal f, 75 menopur, and centrotide with an HCG co-trigger, second round we changed the protocol due to egg quality and decreased the gonal f and added HGH for part of the cycle with a lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SD Fertility is a well-oiled machine. They have a beautiful facility and many of the MAs and nurses have been there for a long time. I have always had a good experience with communication and visits. The front office staff, MAs, and ultrasound nurses are great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Friedman strongly prefers ESET for PGS tested embryos. She is open to transferring more, but prefers ESET. I don't know what she would recommend for non-PGS tested embryos.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Friedman is the best. She is committed to helping patients build their families, she is open to new suggestions and ideas if you have them from your own research. She is extremely supportive and knowledgeable and we felt confident in her ability to advise us.... Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I feel like this is a repetitive question as I just wrote an answer to this question about Dr Friedman. Dr Friedman has been very supportive through all of my fertility treatments. I was her patient for IVF only and she always made my husband and myself very comfortable in her knowledge of what we were going through. One of the first things she told us was that she was there to help us build our family and that really put our minds at ease. Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time. I would trust Dr Friedman with my life and recommend to anyone looking for an amazing fertility doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask all of your questions even ones that seem crazy or far out there! Dr Friedman was really patient answering questions about many different protocols I had read about and it made me feel confident in the protocol we ended up going with because I understood and wasn’t second guessing myself.
My first cycle started with BCP and went on to add Menopur, Gonal F and then Cetrotide. I had 7 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. One highly graded blast and it was abnormal. For my second cycle we intended to prep with Estrace but I ended up with large ovarian cysts. My second cycle also resulted in one abnormal embryo but less eggs. For this one I wish we had waited longer to make sure the cysts were not affecting the cycle at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
Nursing staff was wondering. Always friendly and encouraging and professional.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful. I went through multiple rounds of IVF with my own eggs and now am moving to a donor- when I first moved to a donor I researched all of the clinics in the Us that had an in house donor program and SDFC is by far the best. This is a clean, friendly, high end clinic that treats you like an individual and a priority. I recommend this clinic to people whenever possible.
Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
My doctor will allow me to transfer 2 embryos if we want twins but we need to sign off that we understand the risks. Given her advice I think k we will only transfer one however for prospective parents that want twins. Dr Friedman will allow 2.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her...Being able to email her directly with questions was amazing. She not only answered everything I would ask (and I had a lot of questions), she responds in the same day which is HUGE when you are going through fertility treatment...Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her. We had full faith in every decision or opinion she gave and could feel that she genuinely cared about us. She is also extremely warm and compassionate and is also very calming and reassuring. I wish that Dr. Friedman could be my doctor for everything, she is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her. She quickly responded to any questions I had as well as would call me to wish me luck on everything.
When we came to Dr. Friedman I had already tried 8 IUI's without a single one resulting in a pregnancy. I have PCOS, am a lesbian, and was using frozen donor sperm. I also had tried everything from fertility meds (clomid and letrozole) to injectables (follistim and hcg trigger shots) and progesterone suppositories. I had had some positive physical changes (ie: lost weight, less stress, more stable cycle) and wanted to try IUI at least once or twice before making the big plunge to IVF. Dr. Friedman was in full support of this, she believed there was the possibility that IUI could work and understood my reason for wanting to try. After the 2nd try when it did not work I appreciated that she was honest in telling me her opinion on why she thought the IUI's weren't working and why IVF would have a much better chance and she was supportive of either decision we made. We ended up deciding to go with IVF retrieval and FET instead of trying a 3rd IUI with her (would have been my 11th IUI total). She confidently believed we would get pregnant on our first FET. We had a minor road bump right before the transfer (I ended up having uterine polyps and had to have them surgically removed) but then everything went smoothly with our embryo transfer (we transferred 1 by choice) and I am happy to say we are currently almost 10 weeks pregnant after our first try.
Some of them are fantastic, a couple of them weren't as warm in their bedside manner but then again that could be because we were spoiled by how lovely Dr. Friedman is. Some of them were a little disorganized and lost some of my forms but I made copies for myself so it wasn't a big deal to me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
As a clinic everyone there is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with. For example, you speak to coordinator to arrange your meds, 1 coordinator to arrange your insurance, 1 coordinator to arrange your financials and billing, 1 coordinator to train you on your meds, 1 coordinator to set up your calendar, and then the medical assistant to the actual doctor. There were times this was frustrating for me and I wished that I could just contact 1 person to take care of all of that and arrange with all those coordinators themselves. I'm not sure if this is usually how all clinics work or not. On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
The IUI cycles were around $700 per cycle. The IVF cycle if you do single cycle is around $13,500 and we chose to do success guarantee which was $22,465.
We were very adamant about not wanting to multiples, obviously if we somehow ended up with multiples we would not complain but we preferred to have a singleton. Other doctors I have seen push to transfer more than 1 embryo to increase your chances and Dr. Friedman was in complete and total support of us transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We are so grateful that her vision and ours were completely on the same page.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
SD - Carmel Valley
She [Dr. Friedman] makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Going through IVF is not easy but Dr. Brooke made our experience much better. Dr. Friedman is so kind and intelligent and truly cares for her patients. She makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me. We had to deal with 4 doctors for infertility and Dr Friedman was the sweetest and most dedicated doctor.
I highly recommend having a consultation with Dr Friedman and I'm sure you will feel the difference from that moment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
The Staff at SDFC were so supportive, respectful, kind and knowledgeable. They try their best to make you ivf journey much easier.
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
European, Latino
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
After 6 years trying to build our family, 6 IVFs, two clinics in LA and several in Argentina where we live now, we were so lucky that somebody introduced us to Dr Brooke Friedman of the San Diego Fertility Center. We hesitated at first because of the long distance but once we decided to do a treatment with them we felt their complete support and we were sure that we made the right decision. We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were in such great hands.
Trust her, you are in good hands.
Fresh transfer, egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Very profesional, flexible and understanding.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great coordination between all the departments (nurse, doctors, finance, donor team)
Around 40k
SD - Carmel Valley
I went to Dr Friedman for my first pregnancy (success after 2 IUIs) and now trying for a sibling. She is very kind, smart and knowledgeable. She can be blunt whereas I'd prefer a bit more optimism. She basically told me that IUIs wouldn't work for us first time around, but it did. I don't see her for IUIs but that doesn't bother me.... Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
Dr Friedman is very caring and has excellent bedside manner. She listens well and makes you feel very comfortable.
All IUIs were with clomid, trigger shot and ultrasound monitoring. I have a lot of follicles so the concern is that I'll overstimulate with more than clomid. I got pregnant after 2 IUIs the first time around. No success yet after 3 IUIs for a sibling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ is Dr Friedman's nurse coordinator. If I have a question or concern for Dr. Friedman, I can call or email MJ and she'll get back to me fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.
IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
SD - Carmel Valley
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success...She is super knowledgeable and made every option very clear and understandable for a new patient. If anything occurred she would think of our best interest...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success. We are happy to say that after one round we are expecting a baby in February and can't thank Dr Friedman enough. It was sad to leave them after 10 weeks, but they will always be in our hearts.
She is amazing!
She was amazing and made sure we were aware of everything during the process. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor
The most amazing staff that treated us like family on every visit. They were invested in our success through every step of the process
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The best clinic in San Diego by far! Every step of the way was clearly defined, open lines of communication was readily available, and couldn't be happier
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
Every staff member was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect
Total cost of $25,000
IUI, 2 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
There is nothing negative I can share about Dr. Friedman. She is compassionate, intelligent, and answers any question we had. We felt supported and had full trust in her ability to assist us in our journey.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Without a doubt I reccomend Dr. Friedman. She's a very caring, compassionate, and professional Dr.
She was compassionate and caring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I absolutely love her [Dr. Brooke Friedman], and her honesty and calmness. She takes as much time with us as needed to talk us through each step. Her confidence exudes in a very pleasant way. She is so caring and nurturing, and has been EXACTLY what we needed on this journey.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
I absolutely love her, and her honesty and calmness. She takes as much time with us as needed to talk us through each step. Her confidence exudes in a very pleasant way. She is so caring and nurturing, and has been EXACTLY what we needed on this journey.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Reproductive Partners Fertility Center