Medical SchoolU. of Colorado
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipHarvard
9780 Pyramid Ct.
Englewood, CO 80112
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bruce Albrecht to a friend?
9.8

5.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care to a friend?
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Albrecht knew the we had unexplained infertility with implantation failure on the previous 2 transfers. He recommended that I get a blood test to see whether my antibodies were high, which they ended up being, and so he recommended that we try intralipid infusion therapy. I started therapy a month prior to the transfer, and will be on that therapy every month until delivery. He also recommended that I try an anti-inflamatory diet several months prior to transfer, and to reduce caffeine and alcohol intake. I was on Vitamin D, prenatal vitamins, and folate (I'm MTHFR positive), and 2 81mg of Asprin, which I continue to take. Otherwise, I was on a typical hormone protocol, including estrogen (vaginally and patches) and progesterone injections.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
We felt taken care of as soon as we entered the building. Dr. Albrecht was very engaged and really showed that he cared about us and our outcome, stemming from his knowlege of our situtation to his thoughful recommendations on how to move forward with the procedure and other treatments. Dr. Albrecht knew who we were, and what we were going through, at every appointment (practitioners at CCRM barely knew who we were at our appointments). The biggest impression that he had on us was at the transfer, where he held my hand and provided me with a mantra to practice while we waited for the results over the next few weeks. He made me feel safe and that our fate was in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Dr. Albrecht spent at least 2 hours with us on our first consultation, and was very knowledgeable about our previous experience with another clinic, and had some very thoughtful recommendations for moving forward. Dr. Albrecht was very present and engaged at all of our meetings, and during the transfer, he asked if I was spiritual, and held my hand and gave me a mantra to read over the next 2 weeks until the results came back. His presence made all of the difference in the world to us.
Describe the protocols Bruce Albrecht used in your cycles at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Aguirre)
Melissa (Mel) always gave me a hug when she saw me in the office, and always asked how me and my husband were doing. We were in regular email contact with any questions that I would have as I went through the process, and she was very quick to respond, and always made me feel comfortable asking questions, no matter how big, small, or ridiculous they may have been.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The practice is smaller than where I was before (CCRM), which made the whole experience much more personal, warm and inviting. Despite the practice being small, I felt that they were very attentive, always had their ducks in a row, and I never had an issue with scheduling, communication, responsiveness, etc. They are the best.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The total transfer (not including medication) was <$3,500.
Describe Bruce Albrecht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Dr. Albrecht said that based on the genetic testing and viability of my embryos, he thought that we should only transfer one single embryo.
Englewood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.

2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Bruce Albrecht] told me that sometimes women respond better to less medications, and for me, that ended up being the case... .100mg clomid on cycle day 4-8 with natural trigger. We did an iui 24 hours after I received my surge. He wanted to try less medications first since I had already done 2 prior egg retrievals with not much success. My first iui with him was successful and I now have an almost one year old.
2017 - 2019
He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had the chance of being treated by. He never once was doom and gloom about our situation. He told me that sometimes women respond better to less medications, and for me, that ended up being the case. I owe him so much after years of treatment and heartbreak. If you are looking for a doctor that is kindhearted, compassionate, willing to go above and beyond, he is the one for you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Albrecht at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care?
Do not let his age or his calmness full you. He is an older doctor, that is brilliant.
He is one of the kindest doctors I have ever had the pleasure of being treated by. He wants you to have success and will not just give up on you. I have not met a doctor that shows so much compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
All the nurses I have worked with have been very compassionate and have explained everything I needed to do in detail. If I ever have a question, they have always been quick to get back to me.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The strength of the clinic are the doctors and nurses that work here. Their compassion and willingness to make things work is amazing. The only weakness would be the hours and that they do not have more ultrasound appointments.
Each iui runs around $2000 give or take. It all depends on how many ultrasounds I had to have.
Englewood

Because of my age (39 when I started with Dr. Albrecht, now 40), we decided to start with IUIs right away. I love that they didn't immediately jump to IVF as other clinics will recommend with women in their late 30s and early 40s. Through initial testing, we found a uterine septum that was since surgically removed through hysteroscopy and laproscopy . After recovering for two months I did my first IUI after a course of letrazole. I only produced one follicle and it failed. For my next IUI I preped with letrazole, injectible Menopur, and a trigger shot of Pregnyl. This produced several follicles but still failed. I will be meeting with Dr. Albrecht soon to discuss next steps.
I am currently still seeking treatment with Dr. Albrecht for unexplained infertility. He's our second RE and we moved to his office after finding out our first RE didn't accept our insurance for anything (blood work, labs, ultrasounds, etc.). Dr. Albrecht found that I had a uterine septum and I had surgery to remove it. He's an excellent surgeon and explained the entire process and was extremely gentle and kind. My recovery wasn't as quick as I would have liked but it wasn't horrible. After recovering from surgery for a few months, I was then able to start IUIs. We've since done two without any luck. We'll be regrouping soon to talk next steps and options. I fully trust Dr. Albrecht's opinion and look forward to moving on with this journey.
Dr. Albrecht is extremely thorough and detail oriented. Expect your initial consultation to be an hour or more. I loved this and and couldn't stop asking questions that he was willing to answer.
Dr. Albrecht and his entire staff have been nothing but the most friendly and warm medical staff I have ever encountered. Dr. Albrecht really took the time to meet with me and my husband and explain what is going on and what to do about it. He also hit upon our lifestyle and diet choices and encouraged us to eliminate certain things that could be preventing us from conceiving. The nurses and staff are always helpful and kind and everyone there makes this whole process so much easier.
The nurses that work with Dr. Albrecht have been some of the most kind and compassionate nurses I have ever encountered. Besides having lovely bedside manners, they are incredibly thorough. I look forward to seeing them at my appointments.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
My husband and I love this clinic so much because we were treated like human beings from the start. We honestly feel that they care about us and want us to succeed in our fertility journey. I really don't have anything negative to say about them. The only negative thing is not succeeding in conceiving...yet.
Englewood

Dr. Albrecht took his time to explain to me what PCOS was and how I could manage it. He answered all my questions and was compassionate. He made me feel like I was valued as a patient. ... Dr. Albrecht sat me down in our consultation and explained to me the types of foods to eat and to avoid with PCOS. He then explained to me why IUI is so important. Only about 1-3 sperm make it to the egg with normal intercourse, but with IUI millions can bypass and get to the egg. He also explained that egg quality declines (which I was unaware of). He mapped out our next cycle with every step, and each day of my cycle taking different medications.
Dr. Albrecht truly treated me like a patient, and not at all like a number. He would sit down with me and clearly give me all the information I needed, and would answer questions if I had any. He was also very caring and compassionate, and understands the journey of infertility is tough and not easy. He has been doing his job for over 40 years, so I know he has the right experience to help couples and I am confident he will help us as well.
Keep an open mind about treatments, supplements, and trust the process. Ask questions and don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself if something doesn’t sound right to you.
Dr. Albrecht took his time to explain to me what PCOS was and how I could manage it. He answered all my questions and was compassionate. He made me feel like I was valued as a patient. He does his work to help people, not for the money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Cathy is such a sweet lady. She explained the medications in detail, and was so compassionate. She is very knowledgeable in infertility which also helps to feel like you are being understood. She wants the best for her patients and you can feel it when she is working with you.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
A Strength is that you are definitely treated like a human/patient and not at all like a number. I would suggest coming prepared to appointments with your past history so you can get straight to business. I have nothing negative to say about this clinic!
IUI is $450 He does accept most insurances.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Albrecht recommended supplements for me and my partner right away ...Dr. Albrecht is very caring. The first time we met with him, he spent over two hours walking through our situation and explaining his recommendations specifically for our situation... I came to Dr. Albrecht for secondary infertility. ...Dr. Albrecht also discovered uterine polyps that my OBGYN's office missed during the "all clear" ultrasound during my miscarriage and did a wonderful job of promptly performing the needed surgery.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Albrecht came recommended to me by two friends - one of whom had two children resulting from her treatments and the other who ultimately adopted, but still recommended him as a skilled and caring doctor. I came to Dr. Albrecht for secondary infertility. Seven months ago, when my son was four years old, I started trying for another child and became pregnant then miscarried. After getting the "all clear" from my OBGYN and being told to come back if I wasn't pregnant by year's end, I went for testing. My FSH was elevated at 10.2 and my estradiol was borderline high, plus my progesterone was low. After hearing the recommendation for Dr. Albrecht, we went to see him. He correctly interpreted my numbers, and identified male factor issues for us. Dr. Albrecht recommended some high-end supplements and a strict fertility diet for me, which I've followed for two months. While the supplements will take 3-4 months from the start to fully work, after two months on the supplements my FSH was at 8 and my estradiol went down to 33, which is encouraging. Dr. Albrecht also discovered uterine polyps that my OBGYN's office missed during the "all clear" ultrasound during my miscarriage and did a wonderful job of promptly performing the needed surgery. I am now undergoing IUI since my partner's sperm count has been addressed through medication.
If you want someone who cares about building families but is absolutely only going to make recommendations based on scientific research, go to Dr. Albrecht. He will not sugar coat your issues, however, he is caring. At one point during our consult and I teared up and asked if we had a chance at having a baby....he responded, "Of course! You absolutely have a great chance. But, if it were easy you wouldn't be here."
Dr. Albrecht is very caring. The first time we met with him, he spent over two hours walking through our situation and explaining his recommendations specifically for our situation. He was very patient and stayed after hours answering questions.
Dr. Albrecht recommended supplements for me and my partner right away (PQQ, DHEA, Ovavite, Ovasital etc. for me; L-Carnatine and Clomid in addition to an array of other supplements for my partner). Before our consult, we had a semen analysis done to understand the full picture. He asked me to stay on supplements for 3-4 months to improve egg quality. In the meantime, he did the HSG and found uterine polyps, then removed them during a D&C and hysteroscopy procedure. He recommended IUI and clomid for several cycles, and we are in process of doing the IUI. My partner's total sperm count has quadrupled, and his usable sperm for the IUI more than quadrupled to well above the numbers they like to see. I took 100mg of clomid for IUI#1 from days 3-7, and ovulated on cd15 on my own with 3 mature follicles. Since my lining was good (10mm) and my hormone levels improved, we are hoping for the best!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Kathi)
Kathy is Dr. Albrect's primary nurse practitioner, and she is awesome. When I got worried about my IUI timing, she talked to me afterward for awhile and gave me some options for reassurance. I choose to come back in for another ultrasound that showed I had ovulated overnight (my IUI was performed at 4pm the day before). It put my mind at ease that we had given ourselves the best chances for success. Also, my progesterone levels need to be retested, so to put my mind at ease until we know whether I have enough progesterone or not to sustain a pregnancy, the nursing staff asked if I would be more comfortable with progesterone supplements until I have those answers. I said yes, so they got a prescription for me to use immediately following my IUI.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is very friendly and definitely not a fertility farm. I've heard great things about Dr. Albrecht and their IUI success rates from my fertility acupuncturists who see lots of patients going to lots of different doctors in town.
Dr. Albrect is pretty reasonable, which is good since my insurance won't even cover fertility labs. For instance, a semen analysis or ultrasound run about $150, and IUI costs $300. For my polyp removal, insurance did cover most of the costs and tests. I had irregular uterine bleeding in the past year that made Dr. Albrecht look into things further, so the office coded medical care related to the polyp diagnosis and removal different than fertility for insurance purposes.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr.Albrecht is the only doctor who has removed my endometriosis completely and did it with confidence. He does t rush into anything and has never made me feel pressured to do something. He has told me every option we have available and never sugar coats things. It allows me to never get my hopes up when they shouldn’t be. I really really like Dr. Albrecht.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Be patient. Plans may change and it may take a while for things to start looking up, but be patient. Dr. Albrecht had your best intentions and wants you to have a kid almost as bad as you do.
He tries to do everything he can for me, and will not try something if it’ll be too costly for me or if it will hurt my chances. When we had a failed round of IVF he gave me a hug and I could tell he was just as disappointed as I was.
The nursing staff is with me every single step of the way. They make sure I’m taking all the right supplements, shots, and anything else. They are very kind and never get annoyed with my many calls or emails when I have questions. They really take care of you.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is always very positive. They just opened their own treatment room so they are able to save their patients money. The office is always clean and a fun environment. Only negative is when someone “graduated” so many people were clelebrating and announcing it. I was very happy for this lady but it hurt because we just had a failed IVf. I had to sit there trying to hold back tears.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
For ivf we always have the time window of 7:30-9am. This was helpful with work and you usually get priority over iUI or other appointments which was nice since things happen so quickly with ivf.
Since I am so young (28), he suggested just doing one embryo transfer instead of multiple. He wants me to have a safe pregnancy and not have the risks that may come along with twins. After I have one then he’s willing to put two in. No matter what he said it’s my decision but these were his suggestions.

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Albrecht thoroughly reviewed my history and quickly uncovered 2 reasons for my multiple failures. He also listened to my situation and offered options that were yet unexplored at his clinic....Dr. Albrecht is thorough, a good listener, patient, and knowledgeable...Don't be alarmed by his advanced age. Dr Albrecht is on top of his practice and patients, and is a wonderful surgeon with steady hands...He also has a kind heart, and would hold my hand after a transfer or during an ultrasound, and tell me that I would be a mom.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Albrecht is thorough, a good listener, patient, and knowledgeable. As Dr Minjarez put it when she recommended him to me "If you want someone who will turn over every stone, go to Dr Albrecht." He did that. I did feel like sometimes he would overrule my suggestions based on academic knowledge vs. my knowledge of my own body, but in the end, he got the job done. He was very quick to perform surgeries that needed to be done as soon as he discovered the need (same week when the surgery center/hospital could fit us in) to keep the process moving. He also has a kind heart, and would hold my hand after a transfer or during an ultrasound, and tell me that I would be a mom.
Dr. Albrecht thoroughly reviewed my history and quickly uncovered 2 reasons for my multiple failures. He also listened to my situation and offered options that were yet unexplored at his clinic. At the same time, I felt that his IVF nurse was more interested in blocking "out of the box" requests, would often forget promises made, and due to forgetfulness, would put me on long waiting lists weeks or months after a request.
I was an unusual case, in that the first surgery was an Ooferectomy. In hindsight, I probably could have gotten just my tubes out, so this is one where I have a little regret in moving as quickly as we did. I was then put on estrogen and progesterone, which I thought was too much for my body, and eventually reduced it on my own. I then had a histosonogram, which diagnosed severe Ashermans, so then had uterine surgery. Eventually I went on standard transfer drugs. First transfer failed, due to embryo quality (Dembryo from couple that went thru infertility). Second transfer succeeded, with Dembryo that was DE/DS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Laura Padilla)
My nursing review was based on Laura, who was very much about ensuring that the patients followed rules, and couldn't listen to a question to save her life. I know she had compassion, but it was generally hard to find, and I found that she would forget promises made. On the other hand, the rest of the nursing staff - Christie and Cathy - were wonderful, caring, compassionate people who were also great at their jobs. They respected Dr Albrecht's process AND cared for the individual patient.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
I love that it is a small practice that the whole staff from doctor to billing dept knows who you are when you walk in the door, and genuinely care. It is a well run office, and go above and beyond for patients. When I was there, they did not have their own lab. I've since learned that was the reason for a lot of the delays and roadblocks that I encountered, so I'm excited to go back for #2. I unfortunately have less respect for his new partner, Dr. Ambler, who seems to be less knowledgeable and less organized in her thinking than Dr. Albrecht. In another setting (Conceptions) she prescribed treatments that were counter to those of 3 other well respected doctors.
Surgeries were 80% covered by insurance, so perhaps $10K. Transfers I believe were $4500. I also have records for these if you would like to reach out to me separately.
Doc would ONLY implant a single, due to my Asherman's. He believed if two survived the implant, I would miscarry. I am now grateful, though I wanted him to implant 2 to ensure that I got at least one!
Englewood

He was calm, smart and very well educated regarding the research. He was patient and took his time to look each of us in the eye and be sure we understood our path ahead. I cannot say enough positive things about the man. I would recommend him to anyone and plan to go back for #2.
Ask the questions. No question is too insignificant. He will take time and the nursing staff is extremely helpful and available. Over the weekend I was still able to talk to my nurse for 20 minutes regarding my concerns.
I told my husband it was surprising to me that they had other patients because the doctor and the nursing staff was incredibly attentive to me during our procedures there. During our initial consult, Dr. Albrecht really listened and understood where were coming from with regard to our ethics and beliefs about the whole process. He was supportive and thorough when explaining our options. His nursing staff was very caring and always knew me by name.
I do not remember most of them, but I know I was on 300 IU of Menopur and Bravelle 2 x a day. He took into account the "Greenlight" program that was offering a rebate because he did not want to cost of the drugs to be limiting to us. We stimmed for 10 days and had 18 eggs retrieved, 14 were mature, 9 fertilized, 2 transferred and 4 frozen.
Every time we spoke she told me not to hesitate to call and ask questions. She gave me someone else to contact when she wasn't going to be available. She was patient and understanding.
Around $11,000 for the IVF appointments and procedure. $1,300 for freezing of remaining embryos. $3,000 of drugs. After $2,000 was reimbursed through Greenlight program.

2005 - 2012
He [Dr. Bruce Albrecht] was very good at explaining the course of treatment, his staff well traned and compassionate. They truly care about us! I never felt like he was not giving me his full attention. He visited me at the hospital after I gave birth! I can not say enough about him. He is am outstanding fertility Doctor!
2005 - 2012
How was your experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was very good at explaining the course of treatment, his staff well traned and compassionate. They truly care about us! I never felt like he was not giving me his full attention. He visited me at the hospital after I gave birth! I can not say enough about him. He is am outstanding fertility Doctor!❤️
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared to prepared to feel valued as a women by a Doctor that truly cares about you and what you are going though to have a baby!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He is outstanding, we felt like family while we were getting treated. I would go back if I had been younger and had the money. He was very caring and never in a hurry. Made sure we always were taken care of. His staff, took very good care of us, never made us feel like they did not care. I was relaxed the whole time and never was nervous. He has his own practice now, it is called Denver Fertility Albrecht Women’s Care. I was so upset when I found out that one of my tubes were blocked, he said, that was okay, God gave you 2! Had so much care in his heart!
Describe the protocols Bruce Albrecht used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
I was on a low dose of cholmed with, some HCG injections. IUI’s too. They monitored my cycle with blood work and ultrasounds for each cycle I was there being treated. They followed the blood work and ultrasounds very closely to know when to do the IUI’s. It work it only took 3 months!
Amazing!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We took a loan out to cover my care. We did not use all of it and the rest was returned to us.
Conceptions Reproductive Associates
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

2004 - 2011
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
2004 - 2011
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Albrecht is one of the most compassionate people on the planet. He's not a reproductive endocrinologist with ego. It's rather clear that he's in this area of practice because he loves the science and the families he helps. When we met with Dr. Albrecht, he was forthright in giving us information and was also supportive at the same time. The decisions were always ours to make, and it was clear that he would give us all the information we needed to make those decisions. We never felt pressured to do a procedure. Never. After we were done building our family with Dr. Albrecht's help, I relied on him to perform my hysterectomy when the fibroids became too much. I was alone in the operating room and he stayed right there by my side until the anesthesia was administered. He held my hand, and spoke to me so I wouldn't feel alone and scared. Knowing that Dr. A was right there brought me great comfort.
If you are looking for a doctor that will work outside the box to help you build your family, Dr. Albrecht is the way to go. He sees each family and their unique situations and looks to find ways to help that family meet their goals. When deciding if Dr. Albrecht is right for you, I would encourage you to decide if you want to be a name or a number. There will be no cattle calls at Albrecht Women's Care and you'll be cared for as a human being who is going through a very difficult struggle. I have remained a patient of Dr. Albrecht's even after being done building our family 9 years ago. They are that wonderful.
Dr. Albrecht and his staff are very keen on making sure that ever patient who walks through their door is treated kindly and given all the information necessary to make informed decisions. Calls were returned. Appointments were made quickly and effectively. Lab results were given on the same day. Not once did we feel pressured or pushed into making decisions and we were given time and space to make those decisions when we needed it. We appreciated the way explanations were made when we didn't understand a concept or treatment.
After all testing had been completed we knew that we would be going into any treatment plan with diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, but hubby's sperm was stellar. Dr. Albrecht suggested IVF from the start, but we weren't ready to go there just yet (like many families do) and we opted for IUI with clomid procedures first. Knowing that our egg quality was non existent, Dr. Albrecht suggested the use of donor eggs and gave us a very high chance of success using that route. At the time, we were emotionally spent and opted for domestic adoption, which Dr. Albrecht supported. After two failed adoption attempts and three years of time, we went back to Dr. Albrecht and discussed our options using donor eggs in more detail. We began the process by having surgery to remove uterine fibroids to allow me to be a better carrier for a resulting pregnancy. During this time, we also selected egg donors and began the process of psychological evaluations, and FDA required testing as we would be using my husband's sperm. After being matched with a donor, we performed a "test" cycle and found that my uterine lining was great and we were cleared to cycle with our donor. We were given the opportunity to discuss at length the number of embryos that we would transfer and the decision was all ours. Dr. Albrecht gave us information, but never required that we transfer a certain number. We chose to transfer one embryo and freeze the rest. That one single embryo transfer resulted in a full-term birth, a daughter. We have been able to donate the remaining embryos to families who have also had their dreams made true by the births of their children as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care. (Assigned nurse: Kathi Matson)
I don't recall who the transfer coordinator at the time was, but I primarily saw Kathi Matson. Kathi is an amazingly warm and caring person. She is compassionate, knowledgeable, and understands the urgency of the matters at hand. Phone calls are always returned, test results are always given in a timely manner and explanations of those results were always given in ways that were clear. I never felt demeaned when I would have to ask what a test result meant.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
I'm clearly biased. I don't feel this clinic has any weaknesses. Their strengths are numerous. You will be seen and treated as an individual. There are no cookie-cutter approaches here and each and every step in your journey here will be done with compassion, thorough thoughtfulness, and extreme care for your well being.
The costs associated with our care were partially covered by our employer-provided health insurance. The rest of the costs were out-of-pocket. We were able to source our own medications and use donated meds as long as they were not expired.
I covered this in the previous question. Dr. Albrecht allowed us to choose whether or not we transferred a single embryo or multiple embryos. We chose a single embryo transfer and were successful. I think it's important to note that this was also our first IVF attempt and I was 38 years old at the time.
Englewood

The care feels really personalized. Dr. Albrecht and his nurses are warm, caring, and knowledgeable. They all seem to be incredibly familiar with my case. ... Communication seems to be Dr. Albrecht's strongest suit. He took the time to explain my diagnosis and outline my treatment plan. ... They put me on Clomid and a diet plan (keto) ...I didn't feel rushed at all. He has been warm, compassionate, and optimistic about the outcome of my treatment. ...
Communication seems to be Dr. Albrecht's strongest suit. He took the time to explain my diagnosis and outline my treatment plan. I didn't feel rushed at all. He has been warm, compassionate, and optimistic about the outcome of my treatment.
Doctor knows best!
They put me on Clomid and a diet plan (keto). I underwent 2 IUI cycles, one of which ended in a chemical pregnancy. I'm still being treated by Dr. Albrecht, and I'm optimistic that I'll end up pregnant one day under his care.
They're all very warm and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain things to me and to ensure that we're all on the same page every step of the way. It can get a little disorganized because I have three nurses handling my case. One of them doesn't really communicate well, but the other two are fantastic.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
It's clear that this clinic puts customer service first. Everyone I've encountered, ranging from the receptionist, ultrasound technician, nurses, etc. is incredibly warm and friendly. Sometimes they don't reply to you in a timely manner. Just keep calling or emailing them if you need to hear back from them ASAP, and someone will get back to you.
I'm a self-pay patient. Self-pay prices are really reasonable. $550 for an IUI cycle, including ultrasounds, specimen collection, medication, etc.
Englewood

He [Dr. Bruce Albrecht] has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor that I've encountered. Because I'm a RN I had a lot of questions each time I saw him and he took the time to answer all of them without making me feel rushed. Consults with him typically lasted over an hr.... First IUI clomid 100 mg; IUI 2-3 clomid 100 mg plus vaginal estrace. IUI 4-5 10 mg Letrozole.
He has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor that I've encountered. Because I'm a RN I had a lot of questions each time I saw him and he took the time to answer all of them without making me feel rushed. Consults with him typically lasted over an hr.
Write down your questions and don't be afraid to ask; no question is too insignificant.
Smaller office so patients are known on a first name basis.
Nurses overall were very kind and performed all of my IUI's with minimal discomfort. They were responsive at returning my calls typically within the same day.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
The clinic is small which is both a strength and weakness. Timing of IUI's was often very dictated by their availability which was sometimes stressful; we had to freeze sperm for a couple of cycles unexpectedly (partner with last minute work trip) and it was a rush to get that done since they only allow samples to be frozen two days per week.
Insurance covered all meds and monitoring appointments except the actual IUI. About 300 for actual IUI procedure (includes sperm washing).
Englewood

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Albrecht was present at all ultrasounds, tests and procedures. He was compassionate and kind. When we had a loss with him he was by our side, kind and helpful. He was able to listen to our concerns and let us help make the best decisions for our family. They nurses at the hospital who don't work "for" him also said he was the best and an amazing surgeon.
Just to know you are in good hands.
They were amazing in every way and he was involved in every step of my treatment.
They were very kind and engaged. They were always gentle and relaxed. When they said they would call they did. Their instructions were clear and precise and they were happy to review until we got it.
Describe your experience with Denver IVF Albrecht Women's Care.
Also very friendly, organized and kind. They knew who were were and made things very comfortable and accessible. I would highly recommend the clinic and the staff who worked there to anyone. It is a smaller office so treatment is individual and you get to know everyone well and feel like family.
Our insurance covered most everything.
Englewood

I can't think of a better doctor than Dr Albrecht. Even when explaining situations that would make conceiving difficult, he always remained positive about our chances of a successful pregnancy....Dr Albrecht and his staff are amazing to work with. It's a smaller office, so the staff quickly knows you by name. He is great at explaining all procedures and works with you on creating a plan.
At my first visit he decided that a hysteroscopy would be the best initial option for fibroid removal, but explained that a secondary laparoscopy might be necessary. We proceeded with the second surgery 3 months after the first and successfully removed all fibroids. 3 months later we began our first cycle of Clomid which resulted in a miscarriage. We tried one additional cycle and then moved on to Letrozole which resulted in a positive pregnancy test.