Current Clinic Unknown

Current Clinic Unknown
address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bruce Lessey to a friend?
7.1

2020
I feel like he [Dr. Bruce Lessey] really does care about his patients and about trying to get them pregnant...did my first IUI and was the authorizing doctor over the second one, though he wasn’t in the room when it was done. As we walked in, he pulled us to the side and sat down and talked with us. My husband’s sperm counts were very low, and he asked us several questions, gave us the numbers of what to expect, and went into great detail about the procedure. He was to the point and blunt, but also offered insight about what to expect. I think that preparing us for the outcome was actually really a good thing. He didn’t give us false hope, and he wanted us to be informed. He talked with us after the IUI about where we were from and things about our hometown. He is somewhat on the cocky side (for lack of a better term). However, it doesn’t take away from his care. I trust that he knows what he is doing. I feel confident to move forward with IVF in his care.
they only do eSET at this clinic [Premier Fertility Centers]...The rooms are big, they offer a lot of hospitality (pads, tampons, cleaning wipes in each room.) They cater to your privacy. The front staff is always very nice. They have coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby. You feel welcome. I’ve not really ran into any problems with them. The Covid-19 crisis has delayed my treatments, but they informed me, made telephone appointments so that our treatments aren’t slowed down any further. Offering an online classes for treatments. I really appreciate their adaptive measures.
2020
How was your experience with Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers?
Dr. Lessey did my first IUI and was the authorizing doctor over the second one, though he wasn’t in the room when it was done. As we walked in, he pulled us to the side and sat down and talked with us. My husband’s sperm counts were very low, and he asked us several questions, gave us the numbers of what to expect, and went into great detail about the procedure. He was to the point and blunt, but also offered insight about what to expect. I think that preparing us for the outcome was actually really a good thing. He didn’t give us false hope, and he wanted us to be informed. He talked with us after the IUI about where we were from and things about our hometown. He is somewhat on the cocky side (for lack of a better term). However, it doesn’t take away from his care. I trust that he knows what he is doing. I feel confident to move forward with IVF in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers?
Listen to the information he gives you, and also don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers?
I feel like he really does care about his patients and about trying to get them pregnant. He’s kind of on the cocky side, but I take it as his personality. I don’t feel like he feels like he’s better than you. He likes to see good results. He is a little hard to take sometimes, but I didn’t get from him that he looked down on us in any way.
Describe the protocols Bruce Lessey used in your cycles at Premier Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
For both of my IUIs, I was prescribed Letrozole 5mg (2.5mg twice a day) taken days 2-6 of my cycle and a trigger shot, Ovidrel taken around the 14th day. I had to go in for bloodwork and ultrasounds between days 8-10 to see if I had any follicles maturing. They like them to be around 18mm before you take your trigger shot. They also checked my bloodwork at virtually every appointment. They are very thorough. They contact you through the portal and by phone calls to inform you of when to take your shot and specific directions about what to do after the IUI.
They are very informative, and they answer all of your questions very quickly. I message them frequently through the portal and they are quick to get back with me. They showed compassion when I let them know that the IUIs had failed. They want to you to get pregnant. A lot of them have the same issues as the patients, dealing with PCOS and infertility, so they relate to you and are very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Premier Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and basically brand new. I’ve not had to wait very long at any appointment before being seen. The rooms are big, they offer a lot of hospitality (pads, tampons, cleaning wipes in each room.) They cater to your privacy. The front staff is always very nice. They have coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby. You feel welcome. I’ve not really ran into any problems with them. The Covid-19 crisis has delayed my treatments, but they informed me, made telephone appointments so that our treatments aren’t slowed down any further. Offering an online classes for treatments. I really appreciate their adaptive measures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers.
So far, we have had to pay $267 per IUI because my husband’s insurance covers his half of it. However, with the upcoming IVF, we were counseled over finances that are coming up. But we have not been given a definitive yet. I’ve paid around $700 so far for two IUIs after insurance.
Describe Bruce Lessey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Premier Fertility Centers.
I asked in my consult for IVF, and they only do eSET at this clinic. I would like to do multiple, but Dr. Lessey explained that if you transfer two at a time and lost that pregnancy, you’ve lost two embryos, not just one. I understand the reasoning behind it. I wouldn’t be against doing two at a time.
Premier Fertility Centers
High Point

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
I had done fertility meds (Clomid) with an OB. Dr Lessey helped show me that Clomid was thinning my lining and making pregnancy unlikely. He switched me to Femara and then to Femara plus Ovidrel, both with timed intercourse. I got pregnant on my third round of Femara plus Ovidrel...requested I abstain from a cycle when I had 4 mature follicles. He indicated that the risk for multiples was too high...I did not get to spend a lot of time with Dr. Lessey himself.
I found it easy to make an appointment [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] and to get seen quickly. Nurses were happy to work me in on short notice for necessary bloodwork and were incredibly communicative. I never had to wait long for a response...staff was excellent and I felt like I got to know them well...The nursing staff was excellent. They were kind, compassionate, and communicative... I was upset one cycle in particular when I left a voicemail asking for my HCG numbers and received an emailed response. I was told that my HCG numbers had not increased, and while the nurse was sensitive in her message, it hurt to receive this news by message vs phone call.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
I only had the chance to meet with Dr Lessey twice during my time trying to conceive. I did meet with him during every visit once I had conceived, and I felt so thankful to him for the pregnancy that resulted from his treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
I have heard he is retiring. He is a wonderful doctor, but if he has retired by the time you read these, please do check out the other doctors at FCC. The staff in general are really wonderful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
I did not get to spend a lot of time with Dr. Lessey himself. However, his staff was excellent and I felt like I got to know them well.
Describe the protocols Bruce Lessey used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I found it easy to make an appointment and to get seen quickly. Nurses were happy to work me in on short notice for necessary bloodwork and were incredibly communicative. I never had to wait long for a response.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Many of my treatments were covered under insurance.
Describe Bruce Lessey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr Lessey requested I abstain from a cycle when I had 4 mature follicles. He indicated that the risk for multiples was too high.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Overall I received excellent care. I was upset one cycle in particular when I left a voicemail asking for my HCG numbers and received an emailed response. I was told that my HCG numbers had not increased, and while the nurse was sensitive in her message, it hurt to receive this news by message vs phone call.
Fertility Center of the Carolinas
Greenville

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Lessey was kind and very intelligent however he didn't pay attention to my case. He went back and forth saying I needed depot lupron only to say I didn't at the very next appointment the back to saying I did 24 hours later. I left every appointment feeling confused as to what we needed to do next. After two years, I felt like I wasted a lot of time....Demand his attention and make sure he reads your chart. Otherwise, make sure you know your history like the back of your hand.
The clinic staff is excellent. I've had a few frustrations when trying to get price quotes, mostly due to the lack of communication from my doctor to the financial coordinator. The ultrasound tech, Sherri, is amazing. She always makes me feel like I am in good hands....Dr. Lessey is driven by his research. If you do not fit neatly inside it, he will basically ignore your chart. Every time I met with him, I had to fill him in with all of the details of my history. He rarely reviewed my chart. After being his patient for almost 2 years, he still didn't know who I was.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I love the nursing staff. They are amazing and have become my second family. They are compassionate and answer every question. If they don't know the answer, they find it out and get back to you.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Our Doctor failed to call us with test results regarding our miscarriage in a timely manner. They also didn't tell me my progesterone was low and adjust treatments accordingly until I asked about it.
Fertility Center of the Carolinas
Greenville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .