Available by cell phone
2769 Sunridge Heights
Henderson, NV 89052
8851 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89117
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bruce Shapiro to a friend?

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Las Vegas to a friend?
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
While the meetings with dr Shapiro were one on one, all my cycle monitoring was done by nurses and “reviewed” by the doctor. The first time he actually examined me himself was during the IUI procedure, 6 months or so into me going to FCLV. It was *not* a good experience.... doctor Shapiro walked in, with another doctor in tow and stated “this is dr so and so, he’s going to be observing today, mkay “ ... never asking if I was in fact, ok with it.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
When we first met with dr Shapiro, he ordered several tests. When we learned we had one blocked tube, and ovulation issues, he did say that IVF would be better, but the price tag difference was something like $600 vs $16,000 and he said there was a chance- so we tried. I was put on clomid, My body didn’t respond at all and we had to cancel the cycle. Doubled the dose of clomid- still nothing. Went back to see him for review of chart. He suggested letrozole. Tried that and we got ONE egg. Throughout this part of the journey, I was never seen by the doctor himself... all monitoring was handled by nurses. So when the big IUI day came, it was the first time he’d actually be examining me. My husband did his sample, we were instructed to come back an hour later. We sat in the waiting room for about 2 hours. When they called us back, I (out of routine) emptied my bladder. Got undressed and on the table... doctor Shapiro walked in, with another doctor in tow and stated “this is dr so and so, he’s going to be observing today, mkay “ ... never asking if I was in fact, ok with it. But, lefs already in stirrups, 2 hours later than I imagined.. let’s just do this. He inserted the speculum (not the first time for this) but I felt an immediate pinching feeling- almost like the plastic was cracked. He tried to reposition but it was worse. He opted for Peterson speculum instead, and said I should always have that. I had never had an issue with the speculum before now, but ok. Then he tried inserting the catheter, but it kept hitting my cervix apparently? It hurt... but not nearly as bad as when he asked for the tenaculum- aka cervical clamp. This hurt so bad I felt like I was screaming on the table. He then slammed the sperm inside me, releases the clamp and speculum, said that “this was too much- we won’t try this again if it doesn’t work”. And he walked out. 2 weeks later when I got my negative pregnancy test over the phone, he said ok so did you want to schedule another IUI? With all the other clinic issues, I said we were done for now, and then went to 4 other fertility doctors in the Vegas area.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Double check your billing very carefully.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Describe the protocols Bruce Shapiro used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
Clomid 50mg- nothing Clomid 100mg- nothing Letrozole 2.5- 1 mature follicle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Roshanda)
From forgetting to call in prescriptions to delays getting appointments to massive billing issues... it was not a great experience
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Halfway through treatment they got a new billing system. Errors galore. I was still dealing with these errors months after I left the practice. While there were some friendly front office staff, we just didn’t feel at home there
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I received estimated cost summaries. I paid my copay amounts at the beginning of the journey. The actual costs were much more and I was billed for services not rendered.
Henderson

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
We didn't interact with Dr. Shapiro at every visit, but as with any doctor I believe that is to be expected. He was extremely kind and understanding from the moment we walked in the door for our first consult, and never hesitated to find an answer to all of our questions. ... Since my husband and I are both young and have no infertility aside from my tubes being blocked, we elected to transfer only a single embryo first since our chances of success started out higher to begin with. If the one didnt work out, we planned to increase to two embryos potentially.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
We didn't interact with Dr. Shapiro at every visit, but as with any doctor I believe that is to be expected. He was extremely kind and understanding from the moment we walked in the door for our first consult, and never hesitated to find an answer to all of our questions. He really seems to love his work and was as excited as us when we had success! He even personally gave us a call when we had out positive beta.
Go in with questions and don't hesitate to ask them!
Dr. Shapiro and his staff were very responsive with answering my questions. The front desk staff and lab staff knew me by my face. He knew my OBGYN who referred me to his office, and even texted her about my success prior to my first appointment with her!
After all was said and done it seems like a whirl wind that we got swept up in, so my terms may not be completely on point. For our retrieval, we used gonal-f and menopur to stimulate follicle growth, followed by a trigger shot just before the retrieval. All of our embryos were to be frozen, so my next cycle was on birth control to help regulate when my period would happen. For the transfer we used progesterone in oil shots nightly combined with estradiol pills and minivelle patches, and have been weaning off of everything since we hit week 8 of the pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
Christie, in addition to the remainder of the staff at the Fertility Center, were always caring and concerned about our progress and how I was feeling. They always answered my questions in a timely and accurate manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: This clinic is very organized and kind. They genuinely care about their patients feelings and progress. Weaknesses: When I didn't have a morning appointment the office tended to get a little backed up, and I ended up waiting an extra 15 minutes or half hour.
We had phenomenal insurance coverage. We ended up paying about $1500 out of pocket. We did pay up front for both the retrieval and transfer procedures ($5000 total), but our insurance will be reimbursing us in full.
Describe Bruce Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.

5 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] was always gentle with procedures and told me what he was going to do and told me as he was going too it. He was professional and caring. I felt comfortable and in good hands - his experience showed in all of his interactions.... He cared. He listened. He was kind. He knew my name when I walked down the hallway. He was empathetic. I felt like a family member.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He was always gentle with procedures and told me what he was going to do and told me as he was going too it. He was professional and caring. I felt comfortable and in good hands - his experience showed in all of his interactions.
They are a little more money at the FCLV - but it’s worth every penny. From someone who got price quotes from several docs and ended up elsewhere first - don’t go on price - go by how you feel. I regret not staying with him from the get go.
Always did retrieval and then frozen transfer. Retrieval was follistim, menopur after lupron. I am prone to oHSS so he used a drug that is actually for MS and although I produced the same quantity of eggs, I did not have the same experience after in terms of massive sickness, pain and insane issues. For frozen transfer we did oral progesterone 4x/day, oral estrogen 3x/day, minivalle patches 1 patch change every 3 days, progesterone suppositories 2x/day and PIO. Compared to a previous clinic - my doses of all hormones were much higher, which is what I preferred - they tested regularly and made adjustments as needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie Dabney)
Christie is amazing I’m so many levels. She is beyond busy but you would never know. Emails and calls are returned quickly, she is very knowledgeable, she is kind, she is on her game! Jaime is a post surgery nurse and she was also caring and knowledgeable. Kara is the US tech and I was always impressed with her as well.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
There is sometimes a bit of a wait. I chalk it up to what happens when I have an “emergency” and everyone there stepped out to help me, sometimes things happen and they spend time helping them. Most of the time they are on time, but every now and then it can seem like forever. This staff is amazing. After my experience at several others, I would never go anywhere else. It’s not because I got pregnant here (I did and have two beautiful babies now!) but it was the time that I didn’t stay pregnant that made me realize that they actually did care. It’s how you’re treated when things aren’t perfect that really can make you know what kind of hands you’re in -‘FCLV was amazing.
I did have a tiny bit of insurance coverage and they worked with me a ton to get covered what we could. Out of pocket for the retrieval was about $9,000 plus meds if I remember and transfers were about $2,000. Meds I did some crazy price matching and my coordinator was happy to call in to 4 different pharmacies to help me out
Las Vegas

Every single interaction with Dr. Shapiro has been great. We have a very complicated situation, as many do, and are taking a lot of risks when it come so to IVF. Dr. Shapiro has made me feel extremely supported, safe, and taken care of. I feel like he loves his patients and truly cares about their outcome. He has pictures all over his office of all of the babies he has helped bless families with. And not cheesy fake ones. You can tell they are from real families!
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
We are currently in the middle of treatment so I don’t have the whole experience to go off of yet. However, every single interaction with Dr. Shapiro has been great. We have a very complicated situation, as many do, and are taking a lot of risks when it come so to IVF. Dr. Shapiro has made me feel extremely supported, safe, and taken care of. I feel like he loves his patients and truly cares about their outcome. He has pictures all over his office of all of the babies he has helped bless families with. And not cheesy fake ones. You can tell they are from real families! When he greets you, he shakes your hand with both hands and looks in your eyes. He just seems sincere and sweet! And very competent. He can explain every detail of every procedures extremely well, which is important to me!
Before your consultation, come up with a list of questions that you have. Dr. Shapiro answered so many of our questions in great detail and it really helped us make our decision to stay with him for our treatment.
Dr. Shapiro is very warm and caring. He listens to all of our worries and concerns and makes us feel supported. I was extremely overwhelmed when trying to decide on a fertility doctor but I had continually heard great things about Dr. Shapiro and his team. I had been treated pourly in the past and was having a hard time finding a doctor who truly cared about our family and took the time to invest in us. We are currently in the middle of treatment but every interaction we have had so far has been wonderful!
We are still in the middle of our treatment but every interaction so far has been great. The nursing staff is very friendly and has gone out of their way to make sure we have all of our labs, blood work, ultrasounds, etc. ready before starting treatment. They are very prompt in returning phone calls and getting you the information needed to feel prepared.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I really love this clinic! It is extremely clean, organized, and warm. They have little snacks and drinks available in the waiting room, which I think is sweet! It’s also located in a nice part of town and is easy to get to!
I believe a full round of treatment with embryo biopsy and freezing (we did genetic testing) was around 16k. This is not including the medications, which you get through your pharmacy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Shapiro is very patient. He knows how difficult infertility is, and doesn't rush you through consults nor does he pressure you into any kind of treatment. He's very open and forthcoming with your options, without pushing you one way or the other.... Agonist protocol. 300iu of Follistim Clomid pills for 5 days and 1 vial of menopur on day 5 I began centratide Each of the medications (aside from clomid and centratide) were mixed together and injected intramuscularly each night.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Shapiro is very patient. He knows how difficult infertility is, and doesn't rush you through consults nor does he pressure you into any kind of treatment. He's very open and forthcoming with your options, without pushing you one way or the other. I was able to ask endless amounts of questions to get peace of mind about our third cycle before we began and during the process. It is very obvious he cares deeply about each and every one of his patients, and wants nothing more than for all of us to have the families we desire.
Do not be afraid to ask question!
After the first visit, every person in the office remembered my name. Each time I come in they address me by name, and know exactly where were at in our cycle, and make conversation. It feels more like being around friends than in a doctors office.
Agonist protocol. 300iu of Follistim Clomid pills for 5 days and 1 vial of menopur on day 5 I began centratide Each of the medications (aside from clomid and centratide) were mixed together and injected intramuscularly each night. Shapiro said he has seen good results with doing it that way, and it showed with the numbers we got. It may not seem like a lot to most, but it was a great outcome as our 3rd attempt.
Christie is wonderful. I was given her cell number and was encouraged to text or call her with any questions. I never had to wait to get ahold of anyone, and everyone was so wonderful and caring. No question ever seemed too small or unimportant. I was always encouraged to have open communication with each member of my team.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The only weakness of this office is the amount of patients that are there. It can on occasion set back appointments a little while. Strengths; You are not a number, you are treated like family. I never felt confused or wondered if what the doctor recommended was in my best interest or not.
about $15,000. This included the lab work fees and every appointment/transfer. There was a fee at the time of retrieval for the anesthesiologist, and medication costs were not included. (though the clinic called around to a few pharmacies to find the best deals) Total a round of IVF at this clinic is about $20,000
He recommends a single embryo under 35, but if you want to put in more (2 is the max at this clinic) you are more than able to choose that option.

How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Shapiro’s knowledge is outstanding. He does not sugar coat much and initially said that he thought my best outcome would be with donor eggs, but we can try IUI and/or IVF. Dr Shapiro was very compassionate after a miscarriage on my first IUI. He wasn’t available for a couple of IUIs but other Doctors from office stepped in which was great. He did push to move onto IVF after the 3rd IUI but my insurance required 6. I have heard of other office getting this waived. In the end on our final IUI we got pregnant which surprised everyone. I was impressed that Dr. Shapiro always called with both negative and positive results.
Be persistent, if you are not getting the answers you need call, email, and call again.
This is a very busy office and when you are having a procedure done or meeting with the doctor you can expect to wait from half hour to an hour. Overall, I feel they do try to make you not feel like a number and get you in quickly for blood draws and Ultrasounds. The receptionist Veronica is very friendly and greets you by name.
Clomid for cycles 1-5 and letrozole for cycle 6. With trigger shot on all cycles. Cycle 1 got pregnant lost baby at 9.5 weeks and cycle 6 got pregnant and delivered healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Nurse was very caring but I did struggle to get ahold of her on multiple occasions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Had great convenient early morning appointments. The Admins, Nurses and Phlebotomy we’re always friendly. Lobby had snacks and drinks. Dr Shapiro always took time to greet you in passing. Do expect to have a long wait.
I had some insurance coverage and had to pay a copay $30 and balance after coverage approximately $250. Plus medication.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] convinced us that IVF was the only treatment that would work. He was not clear with my treatment and I was confused as to why we did certain treatments or medications. When it was time to give me the results of the egg retrieval and the transfer I did not receive a call. I had to call and wait on hold and be transferred several times before speaking with him directly. He told me that the results were not good but was confused as to why I called, he claimed he called and left me a message. I did not have any messages. When my husband and I went in for our follow up he just said it didn’t work because “we weren’t one of the lucky ones”.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Bruce Shapiro was confident that “he would get me pregnant on the first try”. He convinced us that IVF was the only treatment that would work. He was not clear with my treatment and I was confused as to why we did certain treatments or medications. When it was time to give me the results of the egg retrieval and the transfer I did not receive a call. I had to call and wait on hold and be transferred several times before speaking with him directly. He told me that the results were not good but was confused as to why I called, he claimed he called and left me a message. I did not have any messages. When my husband and I went in for our follow up he just said it didn’t work because “we weren’t one of the lucky ones”.
Be an advocate for yourself. If you feel like he is pushing you to the side and not answering your questions let him know. Be more vocal because if you sit by and let him take over he won’t Include you.
I reached out to my nurse nearly daily to confirm appointments, confirm medication and for support. I did not hear back from her for a few days after my initial contact. I also was not greeted when I enter the clinic, I was told to sit down. I was also forgotten about and skipped over while waiting for my appointment.
Bruce Shapiro was not willing to do any treatment other than IVF. He said that my husband has varicocele and no surgery will fix him. He said we would use ICSI and that will make the embryos more healthy. He used typical injection doses and medications. I did have one canceled cycle that he did not explain why or what we will be doing differently.
Christie was terrible. She failed to notify me several times of medications were staying the same or changing. She was not compassionate or caring. She said she had a large case load and was trying to get back to me. I was also not able to connect with anyone on the weekends. The ultrasound tech was far worse though. She told me they were canceling my cycle with no empathy or care. She dismissed my questions about it also.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Clinics strengths: easily accessed, times they were open were helpful for working individuals, and the lab is on site. Weaknesses: organization, empathy, communication and over care. The clinic in my mind would have been a better if they treated you less like a number and more like a person. They were very hard to get a hold of 90% of the time. I have sat on hold for 10-15 minutes at a time. I was only ever able to speak to my doctor directly once or twice over a 6 month period.
$22,000 for the IVF + ICSI + genetic testing $9,000 for medications and other appointments
Bruce Shapiro was not willing to use multiple embryos to transfer but in the end we inky had one viable embryo to transfer.
Las Vegas

He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] put us on clomid and pregnyl to help regulate my cycle. Because of my recurrent losses, he put me on high doses of progesterone. He seems very overly cautious which I love!...He is always kind and compassionate. He genuinely wants to help us...He is very educated. He does not push ivf at the beginning and is willing to try less invasive procedures first. He is kind and makes you feel good about your procedure. I feel like I’m valued as a patient. He genuinely wants us to get pregnant and seems very confident that he can help us.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Ask as many questions as you can. Make sure you fully understand the procedures and tests.
He is always kind and compassionate. He genuinely wants to help us.
He put us on clomid and pregnyl to help regulate my cycle. Because of my recurrent losses, he put me on high doses of progesterone. He seems very overly cautious which I love!
The nursing staff is kind and very helpful. They return calls very quickly and answer questions. Even the financial department was able to get my insurance approval on a moments notice. I love this office!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
In a great area. They give you free water and juice in the waiting room. The phlebotomists and nurses know you by name. The front office staff is always smiling and makes you feel valued and welcome. The finance department is amazing. She was able to get my insurance coverage on a moments notice and the front office staff helped her. I just love how kind and compassionate the whole office is. Everyone is wanting your success.
$2202
Las Vegas

Dr Shapiro was always warm and welcoming. He took his time explaining everything to us. Our appointment was scheduled an hour and 15 mins before we actually got to see him. But after getting into the office and realizing why he was running late we understood, its because he gave personal and detailed care.... Expect a long wait time in his office, while waiting to see him.... We saw him to get checked and diagnosed for infertility.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Expect a long wait time in his office, while waiting to see him.
Dr Shapiro and staff were always warm, welcoming and smiling. He and staff always had time to explain everything to us, returned phone calls promptly.
We didn't go through any cycles with him. We saw him to get checked and diagnosed for infertility.
Nurses were very helpful, and answered all my questions and concerns. While doing one of the necessary tests for my uterus I had concerns about it being as painful as the testing I had done the day before. The nurses assured me this test wouldn't be as painful and would be easier. There were 2 nurses in the room, the both checked at every step of the way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain. They were all so warm and made us feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Clinic was clean. It seemed like everything ran smoothly. Longer wait times to see doctor, but when dealing with nurses and other staff everything was right on time. They provided snacks and water in the waiting room, which was nice. Chairs and sofas were comfortable.
Dr Shapiro had a very strong stance only a 1 embryo transfer. My husband and I prefer to do 2 embryos. He insisted on only one. After we explained why we wanted 2 done (I'm 35, we both want at least 2 kids and we are afraid we won't be able to afford to do a second IVF) he said that he would consider doing 2, after he explained all the pros/cons and risks of doing so. He also said because I was a taller female with a longer abdomen, who is healthy otherwise that doing 2 wouldn't be out of the question. He said we would discuss it further after the egg retrieval.

2011 - 2014
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Shapiro is all business and didn't seem to care much just that I got pregnant. I was another success story to put on his wall....I like that he has a giant ego. He told me I'll tell you if you will get pregnant. If I say you won't then you should move on... He knows what he is doing. He is not a personable person. But he gets the job done and that is all I cared about.
2011 - 2014
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
I like that he has a giant ego. He told me I'll tell you if you will get pregnant. If I say you won't then you should move on. We rarely saw him, though, even when we were told we would likely miscarry the baby because of an sch. There was no relationship with him. We were also really annoyed that the massively expensive prices got even more expensive the second round. However, they had all new furniture. I liked that he got me pregnant. He knows what he is doing. He is not a personable person. But he gets the job done and that is all I cared about.
Don't expect warm and fuzziness. But do expect to get all the information you need and to know that you can trust what he says.
The care team cared about me, especially dove who did my blood. The nurses and front office staff were also very caring. Dr. Shapiro is all business and didn't seem to care much just that I got pregnant. I was another success story to put on his wall.
They seemed genuinely interested in you getting pregnant. They wanted to help.

2011 - 2015
Very clinical and proud of his credentials. He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] liked to brag about his credentials a lot. I had to pull information out of him about the treatment and what to expect. Between our first IVF cycle that resulted in the birth of our son and our second failed cycle, Dr. Shapiro completely changed our "chances of conceiving naturally." The first time (when we had insurance) there was "no hope" and the second time (no insurance) he said we actually weren't that hopeless. I felt taken advantage of the second time around.
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Very clinical and proud of his credentials. He liked to brag about his credentials a lot. I had to pull information out of him about the treatment and what to expect. Between our first IVF cycle that resulted in the birth of our son and our second failed cycle, Dr. Shapiro completely changed our "chances of conceiving naturally." The first time (when we had insurance) there was "no hope" and the second time (no insurance) he said we actually weren't that hopeless. I felt taken advantage of the second time around.
Ask lots of questions and get a second opinion.
Very clinical. Staff and doctor were not personable. When we experienced a failed IVF cycle I felt like it was handled poorly. Very cut and dry with no compassion.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Busy. You are just a number.
Our health insurance covered about 80% of the cost.
IVF, Donor Eggs
I have been very happy with Dr. Shapiro’s care. He’s adjusted my med protocol as needed and always handled any concerns I had and explained things well. He was also very empathetic during my miscarriage.... We tried a natural cycle first and when that didn’t work he adjusted my med protocol.... When I was having issues getting my body to respond using the med protocol, he identified the issue and changed the protocol to get us to a successful transfer.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Just trust in what he’s doing. It works.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Arlyn)
Everyone at FCLV has been extremely helpful, and friendly. I’ve always felt comfortable and like I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I think they are very well organized and have great staff. I wish they had some sort of electronic portal to view results versus just email. One thing I struggled with is being patient for a reply but that’s probably because of the time difference.
We transferred one due to the risks associated with twin pregnancies