5.9

Johns Hopkins

Bruce Tjaden works at

9300 East 29th St
Wichita, KS 67226

[Dr. Tjaden] was kind but did not sugar coat anything, which I appreciated. He got straight to the point and we began treatment/diagnosis right away. He explained everything and answered any questions we have... He is blunt and gets to the point...With each cycle I’ve done blood work and vaginal ultrasounds to check for follicle growth...He took the time to explain everything with me and my husband. While determining which medication to start on he said “if you were my daughter, I’d prescribe this.”
All the nurse [at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] (not sure I’ve met them all) have been nice and helpful. They answered any question I’ve had...So far I’ve enjoyed coming to this clinic. It is clean and calm. The only thing that gets annoying is when you call to speak with a nurse you always get a voicemail. And if you miss the call you end up playing phone tag. On the upside I feel like leaving a voicemail with your question/concern helps facilitate the appropriate answer and gets things (appointments, medication and treatment) moving along.
How was your experience with Bruce Tjaden at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas?
Dr was kind but did not sugar coat anything, which I appreciated. He got straight to the point and we began treatment/diagnosis right away. He explained everything and answered any questions we have.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Tjaden at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas?
Ask all the questions. He will answer them. He is blunt and gets to the point.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Tjaden at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas?
Describe the protocols Bruce Tjaden used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas and their degree of success.
Started with a vaginal ultrasound to look at my uterus and ovaries. This is where he diagnose me with PCOS. He started me on Metformin and told to continue with ovulation prediction tests. He offered to perform an HSG procedure which we chose to wait and he was okay with it. After months of negative tests we decided to schedule the HSG procedure and a sperm Antalya is test which was both normal, good news! At the 2nd office visit we started on Letrozole 2.5mg and Ovidrel trigger shot. First round was negative, was increased to Letrozole 7.5mg and trigger shot. Second round also negative but since I produced 2 larger follicles this 3rd round we continued with Letrozole 7.5mg. Now on the 2 week wait before testing. Hoping this is works otherwise was told we’d try an extended cycle of Letrozole 10 days vs the 5 days I’m currently on. With each cycle I’ve done blood work and vaginal ultrasounds to check for follicle growth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
All the nurse (not sure I’ve met them all) have been nice and helpful. They answered any question I’ve had.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Tjaden at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
1 office visit was $350 which is what was left of my insurance deductible. 2nd office visit was $200. This clinic is not under my insurance 1tier. Ovidrel shots have been $84 thanks to the compassionate program. Look into this for help with medication costs. Letrozole is $10. The vaginal ultra sounds for follicle check have been $116 after insurance. HSG was $350, Sperm analysis done at lab located in same building was $125, insurance didn’t cover this unfortunately. With lab, procedure and medications, I’d say I’ve payed more or less than $1,500 so far

2018 - 2019, Consult
Dr. Tjaden took the time to explain in detail everything he talked about. He drew pictures and answered questions that we had. He went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed...He laid out all of the options from Injections to IVF and didn't leave us guessing about anything. He let us know what approximately things would cost, what we were to expect physically, emotionally, etc., and he never once made us feel like we were the only ones going through this. I remember him saying along the lines of, "I have been doing this for a very long time. Anything that is going on, I've seen it, treated it, and we have had good outcomes with most situations." He is just an all around nice guy. We are lucky to have gotten him in our search.
[The nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine are] Very compassionate. They made me feel welcome and not embarrassed at all. They were clear on instructions and follow up care...The office staff up front is courteous and remembered my name when i walked through the door. I once had a billing issue and they helped me understand and figure it out right then and there. The nurses are the same each time we went, which was nice to not have to re-explain things each visit. The office is clean and a calming environment. You can't go wrong here! Clinic Nps
Dr. Tjaden took the time to evaluate our situation. Although we don't have a diagnosis on what we is going on, he gave us the hope that we were looking for. He laid out all of the options from Injections to IVF and didn't leave us guessing about anything. He let us know what approximately things would cost, what we were to expect physically, emotionally, etc., and he never once made us feel like we were the only ones going through this. I remember him saying along the lines of, "I have been doing this for a very long time. Anything that is going on, I've seen it, treated it, and we have had good outcomes with most situations." He is just an all around nice guy. We are lucky to have gotten him in our search.
Be ready to be flooded with good information and come ready with questions!
Dr. Tjaden took the time to explain in detail everything he talked about. He drew pictures and answered questions that we had. He went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed. Although we aren't very far along in our process, we sure like seeing doc.
$1,000 so far

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Bruce Tjaden] explained things until i understood them. His top concern is for a healthy mother and baby...[new patient advice]Ask all your questions. Question why he suggests a treatment...He was very against multiple transfer for me when we did discuss ivf...I felt like a human. Everyone was nice and listened and answered all my questions and never tried to rush...He started me on a few rounds of just Clomid and then femira
If they [nurse of Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] didn't know the answer to a question you had they would get someone that would know...[clinic]You can call or email them and they get back as soon as they can...I felt like a human. Everyone was nice and listened and answered all my questions and never tried to rush.
He was very honest. He would always say "If you were my daughter..." He wants you to have the outcome you want but won't do anything you don't want to. He explained things until i understood them. His top concern is for a healthy mother and baby.
Ask all your questions. Question why he suggests a treatment. Don't forget that everyone is different and responds different. It can take lots of time and money and in the end it's up to you to know when enough is enough. That's for any patient with any doctor though honestly.
He started me on a few rounds of just Clomid and then femira. Then added ovidrel. Those didn't work. I had a dye test done before i started doing iui. Did that 3 times and it was a bust. I had exploratory surgery to make sure everything looked ok and it did. I moved in to injectable meds after that for a few rounds which also resulted in neg tests. I have only 1 tube. In the end he said ivf was the only way i would get pregnant, but we can't afford that.
They were all very nice and understanding. If they didn't know the answer to a question you had they would get someone that would know. They know what they were doing.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
It's usually a few months out before you get your first appointment. There's usually not many in at one single time. They try to be as accommodating as they can. You can call or email them and they get back as soon as they can.
It all varies on if and what insurance you have on what things are coveted and how much. If you're not seeing the doctor there's no co pay for the cost, it's just billed to insurance first then you.
Describe Bruce Tjaden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
He was very against multiple transfer for me when we did discuss ivf.
Wichita

Dr. Tjaden is a very unique doctor! He is very honest, very knowledgeable but very passionate about the emotional well being of the me as the patient and my husband and I as a couple! He is so kind and very honest about the risks, success rate and medical protocol ... I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Tjaden was 100% against it because I am 24 and healthy ... We were male factor
My clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] was smaller so it was very nice to be known by the staff and have appointments readily available! As a new patient, make sure you meet all the nurses because not all the nurses work with all the doctors. I loved how peaceful the clinic was and how positive and happy all the staff was when you’re dealing with lots of injections and hormones! ... she [nurse] was so kind and even gave us free meds because we needed one more dose of menopur! She was amazing!
Dr. Tjaden is a very unique doctor! He is very honest, very knowledgeable but very passionate about the emotional well being of the me as the patient and my husband and I as a couple! He is so kind and very honest about the risks, success rate and medical protocol but I couldn’t imagine going through this not knowing all of that information.
Do not leave if you have any questions or concerns! Ask any and all questions even if he’s just giving you ‘yes’ or ‘no’ simple answers. Don’t be afraid to ask him to elaborate!
Everytime i walked into the clinic, they all knew me and my husband and always talked to us and took great care of us.
We were male factor so he told me he didn’t want me to get tons of eggs because I’m a healthy 24 year old who is dealing with a husband with no sperm. He had me on Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HCG trigger and progesterone post egg retrieval. At my retrieval, I had 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized and 6 day 5 healthy embryos. One 5AA embryo was transferred and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. The other 5 embryos have been frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Megan was absolutely amazing! She always called me back ASAP when I had a question, was always available on email even on a Friday night at 10pm and she was so kind and even gave us free meds because we needed one more dose of menopur! She was amazing!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
My clinic was smaller so it was very nice to be known by the staff and have appointments readily available! As a new patient, make sure you meet all the nurses because not all the nurses work with all the doctors. I loved how peaceful the clinic was and how positive and happy all the staff was when you’re dealing with lots of injections and hormones!
I paid $4,000 to Dr. Tjaden for monitoring and everything. I paid $7,000 to KU Med in Kansas City and that included all of my egg retrieval and transfer needs! Including anesthesia and all of that.
I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Tjaden was 100% against it because I am 24 and healthy and he told me he knew I would get pregnant and he didn’t want me to deal with multiples or miscarriage. He told me ‘just because we transfer 2 it doesn’t mean you’ll be pregnant with 2 and it honestly doesn’t increase your chances of pregnancy.’ So we did one and are so happy we did!

2013 - 2017, Successful
First exam [with Dr. Tjaden] found fibroid, had it removed a week later. Also found a small amount of Endometriosis during procedure. From there had two rounds of IUI with injectables donor sperm...He was very personable and direct. I thought that having a high BMI he would make me loose weight and he reassured me that my weight wouldn't exclude me from having children. Yes, he was on time restraints but I didn't feel like our interactions were cut short. All ofy questions and concerns were addressed
I think the whole staff and doctors [at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] are compassionate and very knowledgeable in fertility issues. The clinic was able to fit in appointments with my hectic schedule. They are open 363 days of the year and will schedule appointments during the weekend if need be...The nursing staff isbamazing.! There were times when I would havebquestionxs and they responded quickly and even by email.
Dr. Tjaden is very ept at repro endocrinology. From the first meeting on he set a plan that we followed. He found a fibroid and the week after he removed it. He also found a small area of Endometriosis that I didn't know about. His bed side manner is exactly what I need which is direct but with compassion. I have recommended him to many of my friends. There are not a lot of African American women who dicuss the stigma of infertility and he has made me comfortable with my journey.
He is the best doctor there and follow the plan he has set out for you.
First exam found fibroid, had it removed a week later. Also found a small amount of Endometriosis during procedure. From there had two rounds of IUI with injectables donor sperm. Took a break and got engaged, went back to Dr. Tjaden and did IUI femara and injections. Dear son is two months old.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
I think the whole staff and doctors are compassionate and very knowledgeable in fertility issues. The clinic was able to fit in appointments with my hectic schedule. They are open 363 days of the year and will schedule appointments during the weekend if need be.
The most expensive thing was purchasing donor sperm. My IUI cycles were affordable and insurance paid for a lot of labs and medicine.

IUI With Other Docs
I had been on clomid for way too many cycles from previous doctors. He [Dr. Tjaden] right away changed my oral drugs and things started to work a bit better. He tried his hardest to figure out what our fertility issues were, but could never find a definite answer. He monitored my IVF cycle closely and make the decision that a full freeze and frozen transfer would be the safest and result in a better outcome, which it did.
They [nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] were all amazing. Always answers all the questions no matter when or how many. I never felt rushed. Always made sure we understood what was going on and made sure I was always comfortable...Over all it was close to $20,000+ for our IVF cycle...They had financial services available and a great billing person to help...Always responsive and quick to get questions answered by the staff. Never a long wait for appointments. Extra safe with security of files by taking pictures of all parties involved. Always very clean and comfortable.
He always had our best interest in mind. He would often put ever on the table then say "if you were my daughter I would/wouldn't have you do this". I never felt like we didn't get his time. Any time we wanted to change course of action he was on board. Let us navigate through each step as long as we needed.
Be ready for all the information available.
He always gave multiple options, reasons for each option and what he felt was necessary. Never pushed anything that wasn't necessary for treatment or in line with what could be wrong.
I had been on clomid for way too many cycles from previous doctors. He right away changed my oral drugs and things started to work a bit better. He tried his hardest to figure out what our fertility issues were, but could never find a definite answer. He monitored my IVF cycle closely and make the decision that a full freeze and frozen transfer would be the safest and result in a better outcome, which it did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas. (Assigned nurse: Megan Rolfs)
They were all amazing. Always answers all the questions no matter when or how many. I never felt rushed. Always made sure we understood what was going on and made sure I was always comfortable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Over all it was close to $20,000+ for our IVF cycle. I had insurance so I didn't pay that much. They had financial services available and a great billing person to help.
I was a healthy 29 yr old with no real reason for the infertility. He was more concerned on how twins would effect me being my size.
2015 - 2017, Successful
My first impression of him [Dr. Bruce Tjaden] was horrible. His initial bedside manner at our initial visit had me second guessing if he was the right divorce for us but we had heard good thigns so we kept going (glad we did). He was brutally honest and blunt which I appreciated. Yet compassionate and caring, he even offered a prayer after our first embryo transfer. He always gave us hope.
Lots of weaknesses from the clinical staff standpoint [at Center for Reproductive Med in KS]. Unprofessional on the phone initially until they get to know you. When I was trying to become a patient they made me feel “dumb” and always blamed their lack of organization on “the fax machine” (I’ve heard that same story from many of my friends who have gone there.). They break HIPPA in the waiting room, luckily no one in there that I cared if they knew my business. After being a patient their for several months (9ish) they became more friendly and by the second time we came back they were great. Soooo to a new patient, yes they come off cranky and unprofessional but the outcome of a baby is worth it!
My first impression of him was horrible. His initial bedside manner at our initial visit had me second guessing if he was the right divorce for us but we had heard good thigns so we kept going (glad we did). He was brutally honest and blunt which I appreciated. Yet compassionate and caring, he even offered a prayer after our first embryo transfer. He always gave us hope.
Look past the first appointment and always go prepared with questions. He doesn’t mind answering them.
I felt that for the most part they were kind and compassionate. I loved Megan, Mary and Chelsie. I felt Deb was incompetent and always dreaded getting her. Thankfully I only got her a few times. The second time we went back in 2017 I thought Dr. Tjaden’s MA was as sweet as she could be. Can’t remember her name.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Lots of weaknesses from the clinical staff standpoint. Unprofessional on the phone initially until they get to know you. When I was trying to become a patient they made me feel “dumb” and always blamed their lack of organization on “the fax machine” (I’ve heard that same story from many of my friends who have gone there.). They break HIPPA in the waiting room, luckily no one in there that I cared if they knew my business. After being a patient their for several months (9ish) they became more friendly and by the second time we came back they were great. Soooo to a new patient, yes they come off cranky and unprofessional but the outcome of a baby is worth it!
We were lucky our insurance would pay for all meds, lab, sonos, and everything but the actual IUI and IVF. The initial iui in 2015 cost $200 each and IVF ran us around $20k when it was all said and done. Our iui in 2017 was $400
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Just initial set up my paperwork that had to be completed before I could get an appointment was a “fax error” or lost.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Tjaden was very down to earth and was very open to hearing about what our expectations were and he respected the route we wanted to go. Dr.Tjaden provided information that we could make informed decisions...He preformed my laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis and called the next day to see how I was recovering. We felt that he was very knowledgeable and trusted his judgment. He is very balanced with providing guidance without being pushy.
General infertility education, as a clinic weakness [at the Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas]. I did a lot of research on my own, which helped with asking questions and making decisions...Relatively reasonable. They worked with me and my insurance to help make sure the costs did get out of control.
Dr. Tjaden has been at this for a long time; however he has not lost his compassion or become desensitized to emotions that come with infertility. He preformed my laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis and called the next day to see how I was recovering. We felt that he was very knowledgeable and trusted his judgment. He is very balanced with providing guidance without being pushy.
Write down questions before your visit, do your own research. There were times I left his office without having questions answered, and that was because I was overwhelmed or emotional, NOT because he didn't give me time.
Dr.Tjaden pretty much diagnosed me with endometriosis off a sonogram; however explained that it could only be a confirmed diagnosis with surgery. He explained the pros and cons of surgery as well as the option to use medication or go straight to IVF. Post surgery we decided to start at least aggressive and work our way towards more aggressive IF treatments. We started with several cycles of clomid, then Timed Intercourse, and with Dr.Tjaden's support we will do 2-3 IUI before moving towards IVF. Dr. Tjaden has been very supportive and has provided information to us that we feel has helped make decisions that are best for our situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
General infertility education, as a clinic weakness. I did a lot of research on my own, which helped with asking questions and making decisions.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
During our meetings, he [Dr. Tjaden] took all the time we needed to get questions answered & to go over things with us. He was incredibly down to earth...We really like him [Dr. Tjaden] & feel that he is going to do whatever is best for us. He appears really down to earth during our initial consult & our IVF consult. He allowed time for our questions & never acted like he was in a hurry or that he had to get out of our meetings to do something else that maybe more important...
All of the nurses [at Ctr for Repro Med] have been great & answer any questions that I've had. They are polite, & kind...Everybody there has been super nice! I haven't had any issues with them. They are all great at answering your questions if they can. My only advice is follow their recommendations as to when to take you medications because they are pretty strict about all that...you will rarely actually see your doctor. The nurses perform most of the procedures & give you your plans for this session/cycle & the next session/cycle...
We really like him & feel that he is going to do whatever is best for us. He appears really down to earth during our initial consult & our IVF consult. He allowed time for our questions & never acted like he was in a hurry or that he had to get out of our meetings to do something else that maybe more important.
That you will rarely actually see your doctor. The nurses perform most of the procedures & give you your plans for this session/cycle & the next session/cycle.
During our meetings, he took all the time we needed to get questions answered & to go over things with us. He was incredibly down to earth.
Rationale: I have anovulation, unexplained infertility. With the medications they could help my body mature follicles sooner & with the trigger shot 'promise' ovulation. This would also give us the best window for our IUI to hopefully work. Initially we chose to do IUI's with oral medication (femara) & a trigger shot (ovidril). 2 IUI's & the last one done in November 2015, ended up in a very early miscarriage. April we started our journey again, but this time with oral pills & injections of Gonal F to help mature the follicles & continuing with the trigger shot (ovidril) with IUI's. April they had as stop mid-cycle as follicles were not as big as they needed to be & they stated it would take too many injections of Gonal F to complete, so we stopped that cycle. May 2016, same protocol: oral medication, Gonal F, Ovidril, with IUI. Then vaginal progesterone 2X/day until your able to test. This was an unsussful cycle. June 2016, exact same protocol as last month. Currently waiting one more week before I can take a HPT.
All of the nurses have been great & answer any questions that I've had. They are polite, & kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Insurance doesn't pay for much for infertility. I know lab draws are $15, but insurance usually waves that fee. $170 I believe for all ultrasounds, Blood pregnancy tests $70, I believe. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Wichita

Dr. Tjaden was confident and reassuring. He always remembered my name, my husband's name, and personal details from our conversations. He would ask questions and usually seem interested in the answers (unless he got focused during the transfer, which I was totally okay with!).... Dr. Tjaden is very systematic and controlled. He has a particular way of doing things, and it made me feel like I had the best chance of achieving pregnancy. Nothing is left to chance, he checks everything thoroughly before he begins, and is completely concentrated and "in the moment" when he needs to be.
This clinic [Ctr for Reproductive Med] is small, which is both a strength and a weakness. The doctors and staff very much recognize and remember you, but are not as up-to-date on research as an academic center. The lab director only worked there part time, which ended up being a big concern for me. This center has recently closed their lab though and now only does the patient care/management and refers the retrievals and transfers to Kansas City.
Dr. Tjaden is very systematic and controlled. He has a particular way of doing things, and it made me feel like I had the best chance of achieving pregnancy. Nothing is left to chance, he checks everything thoroughly before he begins, and is completely concentrated and "in the moment" when he needs to be. He is knowledgeable of risks and was able to answer all of my bazillion questions.
Appreciate the controlled system he employs during a transfer. He gets very focused, and the room goes completely quiet (which may seem a little awkward), but it is all for the best cause!
Dr. Tjaden performed 2 separate frozen embryo transfers on me. He prescribed 5 mL progesterone IM injections daily during both transfers. The first transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test, the second transfer a couple months later resulted in a positive test and pregnancy that lasted until I miscarried at 15 weeks.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
This clinic is small, which is both a strength and a weakness. The doctors and staff very much recognize and remember you, but are not as up-to-date on research as an academic center. The lab director only worked there part time, which ended up being a big concern for me. This center has recently closed their lab though and now only does the patient care/management and refers the retrievals and transfers to Kansas City.
A frozen transfer was $2,500 including all monitoring and blood work.
Dr. Tjaden had a strong preference for transferring one 1 embryo, based on my age (30), reason for infertility (tubal blockage) and that it was only my second transfer (his first to do on me). On my third transfer (Dr. Tjaden's second to perform on me), he was more open to entertaining my thoughts on transferring two embryos, but ultimately convinced me that 1 was still best.

2012 - 2013, Successful
Under his [Dr. Bruce Tjaden's] care we did several IUI with injections and Clomid. After several failed attempts we did IVF which resulted in a live birth after a failed fresh transfer. After retrieval we had 23 eggs. 18 fertilized with ICSI and 4 survived day 5. We transferred 2 and got a negative pregnancy test. We did a frozen transfer a few months later. We transferred the last 2 embryos and got pregnant with 1 baby.
I thought they [Center for Reproductive Med] could have had a better phlebotomist. Getting blood draws frequently I think requires someone who can get the needle in quick and easy and less painful. The rest of the staff and care was always exceptional. You rarely saw the Dr until retrieval and transfer days but if I was really concerned or nervous during a procedure or exam he would always come in and calm my nerves and take the time to see me if needed.
Dr tjaden is absolutely amazing. I have referred several friends to him. 2 of which have babies now because of him. He is very kind,patient,knowledgeable and genuinely cares about his patients and staff. If I could seek treatment from him again I would but I moved out of state and have to start all over again with a new Dr. I still tell everyone about him and it's been 6 years since I was in his care. I compare every Dr to him and no one has been as great. I will forever be grateful for him and his expertise and helping me finally become a mom after 5 years of trying.
To understand that a lot of the procedures and visits will be with his nurses. But he is always available to answer questions.
He was so caring and gentle and treated me like I was his own daughter. He even gave recommendations stating that. "If you were my daughter etc etc. "
Under his care we did several IUI with injections and Clomid. After several failed attempts we did IVF which resulted in a live birth after a failed fresh transfer. After retrieval we had 23 eggs. 18 fertilized with ICSI and 4 survived day 5. We transferred 2 and got a negative pregnancy test. We did a frozen transfer a few months later. We transferred the last 2 embryos and got pregnant with 1 baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas. (Assigned nurse: Meagan was Ivf nurse)
All of the nurses were very kind and accommodating and knowledgeable. Excellent facility.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
I thought they could have had a better phlebotomist. Getting blood draws frequently I think requires someone who can get the needle in quick and easy and less painful. The rest of the staff and care was always exceptional. You rarely saw the Dr until retrieval and transfer days but if I was really concerned or nervous during a procedure or exam he would always come in and calm my nerves and take the time to see me if needed.
Fertility treatments are expensive and are not covered by insurance. Payments have to be made up front making it very challenging for people to have children when these treatments are needed. This is the same at every fertility clinic.
I don't recall him being strongly against more than 1 embryo transfer. I was more terrified of the risks. We both agreed on 2 embryos to transfer due to the length of time we had already been trying to conceive.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas?
No I haven't. Just currently waiting for records to get sent to a new facility.

2012, Successful
Dr. Tjaden was very straight forward. He explained clearly the possible issues I would face at my age, the purpose for the various tests and the results of each one. I was treated with respect and kindness...As a single woman wanting to be a mother in Kansas I expected to be treated skeptically or to be judged. It turned out to be a non-issue...I was found to be a good candidate for IUI. For the first two cycles I did self injections to trigger timed egg release and I was given Clomid
As a single woman wanting to be a mother in Kansas I expected to be treated skeptically or to be judged. It turned out to be a non-issue for everyone at the clinic. Dr. Tjaden and his staff were kind, compassionate, supportive and seemed genuinely invested in helping me to conceive...Both of the nurses who performed my inseminations were personal and compassionate. When I had a break down after being told about the polyps and that I'd have to take a month off, my nurse was very supportive and helpful and shared her own fertility issue story with me.
Don't wait! Go see him today!
I was found to be a good candidate for IUI. For the first two cycles I did self injections to trigger timed egg release and I was given Clomid - which ended up causing polyps in my uterus and I had to take a cycle off to allow them to clear. For the following cycle I was given a different drug (I forget the name) and the same injection - I got pregnant that time, my third attempt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea and Mary)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Everything I had to say about the staff would apply here.
It's hard to remember exactly, I think each IUI procedure was approximately $150 or $250. The fertility tests were covered by insurance.

2017 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Bruce Tjaden] genuinely cares about all his patients be they the potential fathers or mothers. I wish he would explain my ovarian dysfunction in greater detail...Ive had medicated IUIs with my husbands sperm then we went onto donor sperm. Im being treated with letrozole, Gonal-F, Ovridel and Progesterone. Ive had an HSG and when i got pregnant i was monitored very closely...He says things like, "if you were my daughter," I know the care he gives me is compareable to the care he would give or want for the people he loves more than anything, his family Doctor Nps
Weaknesses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas]- explaining my diagnosis and my hormonal dysfunction and when they dont communicate enough information about expenses...Strengths- they monitor you very well and will use aggressive treatments to help a woman get pregnant...Ive had medicated IUIs with my husbands sperm then we went onto donor sperm....Mary and Chelsea [nurses] are amazing! Kind,caring...Once i had a prescription not get called into the pharmacy but that was one time of 10 cycles. It was fixed...The costs are about average vs other clinics
He genuinely cares about all his patients be they the potential fathers or mothers. I wish he would explain my ovarian dysfunction in greater detail. I believe him and his staff so everything they can to help me conceive.
He will shoot you straight
Ive had medicated IUIs with my husbands sperm then we went onto donor sperm. Im being treated with letrozole, Gonal-F, Ovridel and Progesterone. Ive had an HSG and when i got pregnant i was monitored very closely. Getting HCG levels and vaginal ultrasounds. During my iuis i also did a lot of blood work and vaginal ultrasounds to monitor my ovaries
Mary and Chelsea are amazing! Kind,caring, through
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Weaknesses- explaining my diagnosis and my hormonal dysfunction and when they dont communicate enough information about expenses Strengths- they monitor you very well and will use aggressive treatments to help a woman get pregnant
The costs are about average vs other clinics
Wichita
He is a caring and considerate person who listens to me! I underwent 2 ectopic pregnancies, and he was there for me and my husband. He personally called to check up on me. He held my hand and wiped my tears. He is such a great person!... I cannot express in words what Dr Tjaden had done for me. I have yet to carry to term, but he gives me hope. He listens carefully. He wants the best for me. He has such a warm heart.
This [Ctr for Repro Med] is a busy clinic, but they will get to know you quickly. Be prepared to wait for an initial appointment. Everyone is kind and considerate. Dr Tjaden will treat you like family. He will listen to you. He will wipe away your tears. He will hold your hand. He is a wonderful doctor. His nurses are sweet, thoughtful, and caring. This place is the absolute best!... I have health insurance that pays for some of my visits.
This office is the absolute best. I cannot express in words what Dr Tjaden had done for me. I have yet to carry to term, but he gives me hope. He listens carefully. He wants the best for me. He has such a warm heart.
Tell him everything as he will listen to you!
First, I had a vaginal ultrasound and an hsg. Then I started on clomid on cycle days 3-7. I had another ultrasound on day 12. I triggered with ovidrel 36 hours before IUI on cycle day 14.
Pleasant, thorough, kind
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
This is a busy clinic, but they will get to know you quickly. Be prepared to wait for an initial appointment. Everyone is kind and considerate. Dr Tjaden will treat you like family. He will listen to you. He will wipe away your tears. He will hold your hand. He is a wonderful doctor. His nurses are sweet, thoughtful, and caring. This place is the absolute best!
I have health insurance that pays for some of my visits. I have saved and prepared for these treatments, and have not yet went broke!

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Bruce Tjaden] took the time to talk through everything with my husband and I. He gave us his recommendations but still talked us through all of the options so we felt like we were making informed decisions. He cares about his patients...He never made me feel like he was rushing us to get to the next patient...He is very blunt and honest but is compassionate at the same time.
I can't say enough about Megan [nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine]. She is wonderful! Very caring and informative. I never was worried because she explained everything so well and always made herself available should I have any questions. She definitely has your best interest in mind!...IUI was $350 IVF with ICSI was around $11,000...This clinic is amazing. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful and make the process smooth.
He took the time to talk through everything with my husband and I. He gave us his recommendations but still talked us through all of the options so we felt like we were making informed decisions. He cares about his patients and takes time with them. He never made me feel like he was rushing us to get to the next patient.
He is a great Doctor. He is very blunt and honest but is compassionate at the same time.
DR. Tjaden took the time to answer all of our questions. For all 4 of my miscarriages he was very compassionate and always checked up on me to see how I was doing. He genuinely cares!
I was on a pretty high doses of injections due to having diminished ovarian reserve. He was upfront with me that we may not retrieve many eggs but it was the quality that mattered.
I can't say enough about Megan. She is wonderful! Very caring and informative. I never was worried because she explained everything so well and always made herself available should I have any questions. She definitely has your best interest in mind!
IUI was $350 IVF with ICSI was around $11,000
Wichita

As a patient, I have never felt so cared about. I never felt rushed out. He [Dr. Bruce Tjaden] took the time to answer my questions and did not push me. I have cried a few times in his office and he respected my feelings and acknowledged that my situation did suck. He didn't try to make me feel wrong for being upset when things didn't work or if he had bad news for me. I have really enjoyed working with him.
[The nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas- Wichita] Happy to answer questions, attentive, always called back within a day.... [Clinic] Strengths: organized, attentive, professional, kind. Weakness: not any I can think of... I started with birth control. Then picked egg donor. I started estrogen and took antibiotic and steroid leading up to the tranfer. I also used crinone gel. I continued the estrogen and crinone until my misscarriage.
As a patient, I have never felt so cared about. I never felt rushed out. He took the time to answer my questions and did not push me. I have cried a few times in his office and he respected my feelings and acknowledged that my situation did suck. He didn't try to make me feel wrong for being upset when things didn't work or if he had bad news for me. I have really enjoyed working with him.
Definitely go meet with him! He is exceptional! Very knowledgeable and experienced. He has great bedside manner!
I felt human because he was genuine, kind and I felt heard by him and the staff. I unfortunately had to have a D&C. He hugged me and was very kind during this extremely difficult time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas. (Assigned nurse: Megan Rohls)
Happy to answer questions, attentive, always called back within a day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
None due to health insurance
None
Wichita

I believe he [Dr. Tjaden] tells you everything he wants to do for you. Doesn't seem quite as open to discussing alternatives with why/why not questions. He doesn't spend much time with you after he is finished talking (somewhat understandable)...I believe he is very friendly..I had sonogram and labs on my very first visit. I liked that because I didn't feel like they were using my time or costing me a lot of money to take off work and drive and a copay. My next visit I had HSG. Things happened quickly. Which I appreciated.
They [CRM] have never sent final semen results unless I called and asked. Happened 3 times...Front desk lady is friendly to your face but very rude to other patients on the phone even while you're standing right in front of her. Always seems rushed or irritated on the phone...[nursing staff] They are quiet. Basically in and out. Seemed nice and soft approach. But not very informative....I paid my copay and the visits were treated like office visits and covered by my insurance.
I believe he tells you everything he wants to do for you. Doesn't seem quite as open to discussing alternatives with why/why not questions. He doesn't spend much time with you after he is finished talking (somewhat understandable).
He is fairly blunt and is honest. He usually has good reasoning for his ideas, opinions, and treatments.
I believe he is very friendly. His words were actually "if you were my daughter this is what I would suggest".
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
I paid my copay and the visits were treated like office visits and covered by my insurance. I can't remember specific prices for labs, sonogram, or HSG.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas?
They have never sent final semen results unless I called and asked. Happened 3 times.
2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Tjaiden] really took the time to prepare for our appointments, knew our names, situations and what we had done and future plans for treatment. He laid out information in a way that wasn't scary and was considerate to our situation.... Dr Tjaiden was very straightforward, yet compassionate with my husband and I. He laid out what to expect and treatment options. We knew what to expect and why we were doing it...He is very straight forward.
I only interacted with the nursing staff [at CRM - Kansas] for my IUI. She was professional and courteous...200-350 for appointments. 250 for intake sonogram. Met low deductible for HSG. 250 for IUI....He [Dr. Trajden] really took the time to prepare for our appointments, knew our names, situations and what we had done and future plans for treatment. He laid out information in a way that wasn't scary and was considerate to our situation... He laid out what to expect and treatment options. We knew what to expect and why we were doing it.
Dr Tjaiden was very straightforward, yet compassionate with my husband and I. He laid out what to expect and treatment options. We knew what to expect and why we were doing it. While we had a problem with his recommendation for a urologist, an egotistical man with no bedside manner, we have no doubt that he would have given us another referral, if we had requested. Dr Tjaiden even guessed that there was a link between my husband's inherited disease and male infertility earlier in the year that the first study came out confirming that was the case.
He is very straight forward.
He really took the time to prepare for our appointments, knew our names, situations and what we had done and future plans for treatment. He laid out information in a way that wasn't scary and was considerate to our situation.
IUI with donor sperm while on clomid to give us a better chance of getting pregnant.
I only interacted with the nursing staff for my IUI. She was professional and courteous.
Wichita
Dr. Tjaden is an excellent fertility specialist he cares for his patients and is very committed to helping them conceive. He does inform you of all the risks and offers alternative options that are suitable for the patient. ... He really cares for his patients and committed to helping them conceive. ... My doctor did recommend transferring only one embryo at the time due to my struggles with high blood pressure.
Strengths are very organized with the scheduling and communication that they give. I would receive emails of things that I needed to do and prepare for. They [Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] would also answer all of the questions that I had if I did not fully understand how to do something. weakness would be office hours only because most people work and it would be nice not to use vacation hours for monitoring.
Go in with a positive attitude and ask questions.
The staff was very professional and Dr. Tjaden was very committed and personable. He really cares for his patients and committed to helping them conceive.
The nursing staff is great they made sure I had all the information that I needed and often checked on me. Even after my procedure was over.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
Strengths are very organized with the scheduling and communication that they give. I would receive emails of things that I needed to do and prepare for. They would also answer all of the questions that I had if I did not fully understand how to do something. weakness would be office hours only because most people work and it would be nice not to use vacation hours for monitoring.
15,000 dollars for IVF this all had to be paid up front
Wichita

Dr. Tjaden is always welcoming and treats me like a person, not just a number. He shows care and compassion for what I am going through emotionally as well as medically. I have never left the clinic feeling like he did not care or explain everything in terms I could understand...We discoveres a subseptate uterus, so it was prescribed to do a hysteroscopy and laproscopy first. After the sirgery, it was 30 days of estrogen followed by 7 of progesterone. We did a hysterosonogram to,check that everything was taken care of during surgery. Next cycle was five days of Femara and a day 12 sonogram with trigger shot.
I have yet to find a weakness [at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas]. They communicate well. They smile and make you feel welcome...They check on how you are doing during the visit and are responsive to questions...They [nurses] are always pleasant amd talk to you like a person...We discoveres a subseptate uterus, so it was prescribed to do a hysteroscopy and laproscopy first. After the sirgery, it was 30 days of estrogen followed by 7 of progesterone. We did a hysterosonogram to,check that everything was taken care of during surgery. Next cycle was five days of Femara and a day 12 sonogram with trigger shot. Nursing Staff
Be honest with him. Do not leave out any details of what you are going through.
He discussed our options and gave an opinion as if he were my father and not just a doctor.1
They are always pleasant amd talk to you like a person.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
I have yet to find a weakness. They communicate well. They smile and make you feel welcome. Even when I have had to call and leave a message, it is rare that they return the call more than a vouole of hours later. They check on how you are doing during the visit and are responsive to questions.
Pay for him to perform my surgeries. Pay for some of the sonograms.
Wichita
He [Dr. Tjaden] spent a lot of time with us explaining everything and making sure we knew exactly what our options were. ... He was candid and did a good job of taking time to explain everything to us. He had great bed side manor and we always left feeling like we weren’t just a another number. ... We did iui with injectables. The first cycle was not successful. And i had ovarian cysts that resulted from the treatment.
The strengths of the clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas] are they were very accommodating to our schedule and our cycle. At a different, much larger clinic, we had to come in certain days/times to do certain treatments and felt like we were a cog in the machine. I never felt that way at this clinic ... The clinic worked around our schedule to accommodate us driving 2 hrs there. ... The nursing staff were professional and caring.
He was candid and did a good job of taking time to explain everything to us. He had great bed side manor and we always left feeling like we weren’t just a another number. Blah blah blah just sumbit please....200 characters
He spent a lot of time with us explaining everything and making sure we knew exactly what our options were. The clinic worked around our schedule to accommodate us driving 2 hrs there.
We did iui with injectables. The first cycle was not successful. And i had ovarian cysts that resulted from the treatment. After a rest month, we upped the dosage on the injectables. This resulted in two viable embryos.
The nursing staff were professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine in Kansas.
The strengths of the clinic are they were very accommodating to our schedule and our cycle. At a different, much larger clinic, we had to come in certain days/times to do certain treatments and felt like we were a cog in the machine. I never felt that way at this clinic
I don’t remember