Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia

Chesterbrook
945 Chesterbrook Boulevard
Chesterbrook, PA 19087
610.981.6000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Caleb Kallen to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia to a friend?
At our first appointment I thought that Dr. Kallen pushed doing IVF a little too hard, but once I explained I wasn't ready for that he was immediately okay with trying another IUI. He explained the process he wanted to try and what results he expected. When things didn't work out as planned, he reassured me that things could still work out, and if they didn't, we could change our course for the next cycle without moving onto IVF right away. He was personable and honest and I appreciated the fact that he did all of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI.
How was your experience with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility?
Tell him what you're comfortable doing. Be honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility?
We started with a sit down appointment with Dr. Kallen, he spent over an hour talking about our options and what would be best for us. Every time I walk in the clinic I see Dr. Kallen and a nurse. They always explain what they're doing and what the next steps are.
Describe the protocols Caleb Kallen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
My first cycle with Dr. Kallen for my IUI I took Clomid 100mg CD 3-7 and a 75mg follistim injection on CD 7. I started estrace vaginally twice a day on CD 8 because my last cycle with Clomid it thinned my lining and the follistim and estrace were to make sure my lining was where it needed to be. I ended up having only one follicle but it was a big one. I used ovidrel and 2 days later had my IUI. I'm still in the TWW.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
After almost every appointment I had a sit down with the nurse assigned to me and she explained exactly what I was to do. She showed me how to inject the meds and then emailed me several videos to help. She called with my blood tests and explained what they meant and all the next steps.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This is a very nice clinic! It's huge, and the exam rooms are large and have a large TV screen where you can comfortably lay back and watch the ultrasound happening. Sometimes in the morning there is a little bit of a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility.
I have a $70 copay every time I walk in the door except for bloodwork. I'm unsure of the actual cost of the IUI because I haven't been billed for it yet. They provided my follistim injection for free as long as I used their pharmacy for the ovidrel.
Shady Grove Fertility
Chesterbrook
I felt I was being taken care of and that he [Dr. Kallen] gave me hope and made everything to easy to understand and I really appreciate everything he done . Can’t wait to do more work with ivf with him... I walked in with no hope of ever having a kid and he gave me the hope and gave me the piece of mind. He told me everything will be fine and gave me the plan. I appreciate everything he has done and I’m really happy. He is a god sent.
How was your experience with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
My instructions I got on the first day of the visit
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I felt I was being taken care of and that he gave me hope and made everything to easy to understand and I really appreciate everything he done . Can’t wait to do more work with ivf with him
Describe the protocols Caleb Kallen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
He wants to get ultra sounds done and see what medication I need before everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Heather is a god sent also. She worked with prices and helped me understand everything.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
There weakness is they don’t offer financial services. Other then that they are all amazing. I’m glad I’m going to them and they choosed to take me as a patient. I’m very thankful for there words. I love this place
Describe the costs associated with your care under Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
It was about 28,000 for 6cycles and if it don’t work they give you your money back
Describe Caleb Kallen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I was thinking about the doin to multi embryo transfer
Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia
Center City
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Caleb Kallen at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Kallen does allow you to email and he will often return messages directly by phone if it is something pressing or important. He is very much a scientist and thinks about things in terms of percentages. Sometimes I think he knows what we should do next, but almost involves us too much in the decisions, but I am not sure if that is because both my fiancé and I are also doctors!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caleb Kallen at RMA of Philadelphia?
Be very very direct with your questions and most important ask at every step how you are expected to feel. Also, ask what is the "usual" experience for a woman with a similar health profile. I was surprised by how I felt after egg retrieval and also how many embryos actually are mature, fertilize, and then grow! There is a drop off at every step and no one explained that to us! We will know better now if we have to do more rounds!
They are just very good and are very supportive. They call when they are supposed to and email you if you don't pick up.
RMA of Philadelphia