Medical SchoolGeorgetown
ResidencyGeorge Washington
FellowshipStanford U.
7400 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77054
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Candice O'Hern Perfetto to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol [with Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of...makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
As a woman it is important to feel as though you are being treated the way a Dr. would treat their best friend or family member. Did you do your research? Did you explore all options and tests? Did you look at things that are new and maybe controversial at this time? I asked Dr. Perfetto if I was her best friend, sister, or daughter what would she recommend me do. Without hesitation I was given an answer and an explanation as to why. It's important that your Dr. doesn't always feel like they have every answer. It keeps them seeking new information and treatments in the area of their expertise. I explained my situation with my previous RE and how after failed IVF I was given the same protocol with no changes and no explanations. Dr. Perfetto immediately told me of research that had suggested that the protocol I had been on may not have been the best choice and explained why.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Be open, honest, and thorough in your history. That would be my recommendation for anyone doing IVF. Somethings you may not want to discuss or feel embarrassed about but with infertility you quickly lose your modesty and if the Dr. can have a full picture from the beginning they will be more equipped to help you achieve your goals/dreams.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto from the moment we first spoke with her made us feel like we were important and more than a number. It is important to us to be treated for our infertility and not just be treated for IVF. What I mean by that is whatever we can do to improve our fertility or find out why we are struggling it important to start there and not just do rounds of IVF with no answers and the same protocols. Dr. Perfetto makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I am starting my first treatment with Dr. Perfetto so I can't say quite yet how the outcome will be, however, I can say that we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of.
It seems as though there is a separate on call nurse or nurse that returns messages left vs. the Dr.s primary nurse. I believe there is going to be some turnover with the primary nurse so I can't say yet how this will affect my interactions with the clinic.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The strengths of this clinic are that the Dr. always preforms their own transfers, The billing is as simplified as you can get it so there are no hidden fees or potential for cancelled cycles due to unknown balances due, they are very open to questions and suggestions about your cycle and why or why not something might work for you. The weaknesses are nursing turnover. I don't think this happens a lot at this clinic but when it does happen there is always a transition period that is a little chaotic. Also, though very nice and helpful, being out of state I had to fax and upload all of my previous medical information for both my spouse and I. When I showed up for my in office appointment the intake girl had not forwarded any of my files or information to Dr. Perfetto. This is especially frustrating because she wasn't able to look at any of my previous cycle information prior to my visit. Which I specifically said if there was anything additional she needed to please let me know so I could make sure I provided it. I will say though that during the time we spoke with billing and her personal nurse she requested that information and reviewed it and came back with details on what protocol she recommended, why we were going to do things a little differently, etc. Rather than looking at it after we left (since I won't start my cycle for a another month or so) she immediately was on a plan for us. Overall this clinic has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
The billing is simplified into charges for retrieval, transfer, PGS/PGD, etc. So it is not small amounts for individual procedures such as ultrasound, lab, nursing hours, etc. It makes it simple to pay for and there are no hidden fees that could potentially cancel a cycle for mishaps in the billing department. Some of the fees are high such as sperm cryopreservation and storage compared to other clinics I've seen or heard of but overall I think it's comparable.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
I have no comments on eSET as I always do what my Dr. recommends. I did have a previous Dr. suggest transferring 3 embryos but if they all took we would have to make a selective deduction choice and so we declined to have three transferred. I understand both rationales for single vs multiple so unless there would be selective reduction I typically am fine with my Dr.s recommendation.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.

2016 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle...shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile...I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea.
2016 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.
Houston

I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] and we love her her!... we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case...She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable...relatable...really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She’s personable and relatable. She’s knowledgeable and really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
Go see her! I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her and we love her her! Be honest, voice your concerns
She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable
I had tried clomid in the past under the care of another physician and it did not work. She explained why letrazole would be a better fit but since I was not having a period (2 years without a period when I saw her), she recommended we start wth progesterone every month for 10 days and I got a period for the first time in 2 years! I may not be ovulating but I have a period and we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case.
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic is by far the best one I have been to in Houston. They are quick to answer, work with your schedule, and they are nice and compassionate. They respect your time as well. I don’t really have any other comments as of right now. My only thing would be to definitely ask about the pricing up front which they are really good at
While the ultrasound and consult were covered by my insurance, none of the actual fertility costs are covered. For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately. She did inform us that we could try IUI 3 times before she would recommend doing IVF. The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds.
I haven’t talked to her in great detail about this yet because we will be trying IUI first. From what I understand, she does single embryo transfers due to risk
Houston

Candace [O'Hern Perfetto] has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her. ... Candice explained both my husband and I's questions in detail, we did the dye test and she explained everything about it, my husband did the sperm test and she explained the results in detail. Our next step is IUI and she explained that in detail and what to do next when we are ready.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Come into your appointment open and willing to listen. We have unexplained infertility which can be emotional to understand, however Dr. Perfetto kept us at ease and made sure we were OK for next steps.
Candace has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her.
We did did the dye test which showed my tubes were just fine. We had already done clomid with my ObGyn and everything was fine and I ovulate. Next step is IUI. All blood work was good as well.
Nursing staff was energetic, asked me personal questions and showed caring about why I was visiting. I also called to ask more questions about IUI and they explained it very well.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very nice, modern, has a television, snacks and magazines for the guest. The clinic looks great. It also has feminine products in the bathroom that can used and all of the facility is clean and kept up nicely. Also, very easy to access and get to.
My consult visit was not high from what I remember, I cant remember the cost of the dye test. I do know the IUI will run us about $1675 and medication will be $500-$800. Any help is very appreciated.
Houston

Dr. Perfetto is very warm and compassionate. She reassures me that my feelings are real and valid. She also reminds me that my newly diagnosed endometriosis causes me more problems than I realize and is honest in her recommendations for fertility treatments because of it. She also did not push me to pursue IVF once I told her we couldnt afford it. ...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto has been compassionate, patient and understanding. I initially consulted with her for my unexplained infertility issues and later developed a endometrioma that required surgical removal. She diagnosed me with endometriosis related infertility. Since then, she has been honest about what she believes will work and what will not. She provides solid information to support those beliefs. Her kind, nurturing nature has been what I've needed while constantly getting bad news.
I would say she really seems to care about us a patient. I was referred by a friend as well.
After laparoscopy to remove an endometrioma, I took one cycle of birth control pills. IUI Round 1: I began my first IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 11 and only had two follicles at ultrasound time so I took another dose of Gonal-F (150) and then ovadril (100) to ovulate. IUI was preformed on day 13. I began progesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 20, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 2: I began my second IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and vaginal ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 13 and only had one follicles at ultrasound time. I had also started to ovulated on my own. IUI was preformed on day 14. I began profesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 21, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 3: I began by day 3 ultrasound and blood work/pregnancy test. I began 5 days of clomid (one tab/50) followed by 3 days of Gonal-F (100). Dr Perfetto decided that clomid might produce more follicles than the previous results from letrozole. She commented that I might have more endo side effects but we felt it was worth it. I am scheduled to return for vaginal ultrasound and lab work on day 11.
The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. I'm not sure if Dr. Perfetto has one head nurse because I've seen and spoken with several. I'm not sure what role each nurse plays. One of her nurses has been very short and agitated with me on the phone. The other is incredibly sweet but seems uninformed about some of my issues and provides more administrative type duties.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This is a tough one. There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities and my Dr. is only there once a week so I am constantly referred to the medical center location which is 45 min away. Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. The previous clinic I went to had both options and made me feel they were much more available. They also aren't open on the weekends except for their Clear Lake location (2 hours from my house) and require (sometimes 7AM) Saturday appointments. The previous clinic I went to was open every single day.
For my endometrioma surgery, my insurance covered a good part and I had a co-insurance. My IUI is covered by my insurance for 6 rounds. I only pay for the medicine out of pocket. The last three cycles have been about $600 for letrozole/clomid, Gonal-F, Ovadril and progesterone suppositories.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Perfetto spoke to my husband and I as if our journey to a successful pregnancy and baby was her journey as well. While she was very forward and honest about her concerns and recommendations, she delivered it in a sensitive manner. Dr Perfetto answered all of our questions extensively and we never felt rushed or pressured to do anything we weren't comfortable with. My husband and I had some religious considerations and she always remembers them when discussing treatment. You can tell she truly cares about each of her patients.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I cannot recommend Dr Perfetto enough! Her knowledge and honesty brought such clarity to such a stressful and difficult situation in my life and marriage. She was always available for questions and answered honestly, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. She goes out of her way to make sure to address each concern I have and discuss the pros and cons of each situation. When delivering any big news, happy or sad, Dr Perfetto made sure to be the one to call and tell us. I completely trust Dr Perfetto to help grow our family and her knowledge and expertise gives us the hope we need to keep trying.
Don't be embarrassed or shy to ask any question or concern!!! She is very knowledgeable and always responds with honesty.
Dr Perfetto prescribed letrozole which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We then attempted letrozole a few more times with no success. We finally decided to do IVF after Dr Perfetto referred us to a study that would decrease our costs. On day 5 of the embryo transfer, she called us and told us none of our embryos progressed but we can wait and see if on day 6 any progress. On day 6, one embryo progressed and we froze it and did FET 2 cycles later. It resulted in a healthy pregnancy and baby. Currently we are considering doing IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Anne Carter and Maryanne Fisher)
The nursing staff has always been extremely communicative. They return my call within the hour and answer my questions with honesty.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic's strengths are extensive, however I would say they have a quiet, clean, and nice office. Their office staff is friendly, patient, and responsive. The main con is how amount of prompts you have to press before reaching the proper extension when calling the office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Appointments were quick and very short wait times. They were very good at doing the blood work and ultrasounds quickly but still didn't make me feel rushed.
I honestly do not remember the exact costs but I spent a few thousand dollars on IVF and the medications. The medications were a lot but didn't have anything to do with the clinic. I was able to get a discounted IVF cost due to being a part of a study.
Dr Perfetto discussed it briefly, however we were set on only transferring one embryo based on our situation and research so there wasn't too much to discuss.
Houston

I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she [Dr. Perfetto] implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Don’t expect to see her a lot and most times the appointments you have with her are not positive. I understand that she has to be realistic about treatments but I feel no compassion when I have appointments with her.
When walking in the clinic, no one greets you. They make you sign in on a computer and wait for them to come and get you.
I was never told why we used certain meds for the for the first IUI that we did. When the first IUI didn’t work she changed meds but didn’t explain why.
Most are really nice but I’ve seen a different nurse each time I’ve went in and they were trying a new girl and she was learning the IUI procedure for my first one a she performed the second one. I would have liked to feel more comfortable and confident with the ones performing the procedure.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Don’t expect to be greeted while coming into the clinic. They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse. I’ve been to multiple appointments and can’t even tell you the name of one person in the clinic. There are different faces every time.
Not for sure the complete cost of any of the IUI procedure and the cost that I’m paying for. When I recently asked for a print out they did email me a list of what I’ve paid for but some of the payments I’ve made were missing.
She just said she refuses to do multiple transfers
Houston

She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend... always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
Ask as many questions as possible and listen and do exactly what she tells you.
She Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend.
I have PCOS so our first try at fertility help was me taking a pill to induce ovulation. I can’t remember the name of the pill. If that didn’t work we were planning to do an IUI. I started taking the pill and got pregnant very quick, unfortunately I miscarried at about 7 weeks. I had no clue I was pregnant and when Dr. Perfetto told me I was shocked. She was wonderful through the whole process. Talked me through everything that was happening.
The nursing staff was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Every person I encountered at CORM treated me so well. I never had a bad experience. They treat you like a person not another patient. Everything was done fast, which I loved. Some places take forever for results. Also at CORM I always had my info and knew what was going on. They have the patient portal which I thought was a lot of help!
I think there was an initial appointment and work up fee, maybe $550, but I could be off. After that if I saw Dr. Perfetto I had to pay the specialist doctor co-pay from my insurance which was $75, but if I just had an ultrasound or saw a nurse it was a regular co-pay of $40.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Perfetto is honest & upfront, but kind and emphatetic. I always felt like I knew the plan and rationale. When things didn’t go as planned, she helped my understand why and how we should best change the course of treatment.... Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.... She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Ask every question you have. She will answer honestly & has certainly heard it before. Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.
She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much. She provided statistics & evidence to establish her plan of care, but within the framework of my personal dynamic. She took time away from her family vacation to address concerns when my cycle was not going as planned.
IUI converted to IVF secondary to overproduction of follicles.
The nurses communicated well & were always very timely when responding to my (frequent) questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointments were always very easy & convenient. I was able to go in at 7:30am before work. They would draw my blood & then complete ultrasound. In and out in less than 20 minutes usually.
$6700 for egg retrieval & 1 transfer (though, considered a ”min stim” cycle).
Dr. Perfetto’a goal is healthy mama and baby - single embryo transfer recommended.
Houston

I have seen Dr. Prefetto twice and each time she treats my husband and i like we are not just another patient but as if we were a family member or a friends. She is very kind and loving.... Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done. Eventually she was able to get him to do the lab work and it did not hurt. She is very understanding of the stress and fear with this process. She is easy to talk to and makes this so much easier and less stressful
Out of the past two Fertility Dr. i have seen i feel the most comfortable with Dr. Perfetto. She is very knowledgeable, and will not do anything to affect the chances of her patient conceiving a baby. Like she told me the most important thing is getting your pregnant.
The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.
I trust my doctor decision with only transferring one embryo. the risk is much higher with two, and i believe that she will make my dream come true with the one embryo

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit. She was thorough in delivering the purpose for proceeding with certain tests, and compassionate when explaining the cause of our difficulty conceiving...takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is a compassionate physician that takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
Keep an open mind. She is very straight forward, but in a delicate fashion. She cares about where you are in your family planning.
Dr. Perfetto was concerned the reason to our difficulty in conceiving was due to PCOS as well as fibroids. She recommended and MRI and additional blood work revealing both were contributing factors. She helped us prioritize treatment options for the best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
The nursing staff is very responsive and all questions or voicemails left are answered within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve
Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35
Houston

dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself...very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate... Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr perfetto and her whole staff are very nice to deal with. You get updates on your treatment at every step (especially during the embryo development phase) their nursing staff and embryology staff are kind and awesome to deal with. Infertility is stressful but I felt like CORM and Dr perfetto were making it easier. Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
Don’t be afraid. It is daunting to start seeking treatment when you cannot conceive but dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself.
dr perfetto is very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate.
Describe your experience with CORM.
It’s smaller practice so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas. After a bad experience at another practice we decided that we didn’t mind driving a bit more to get better care. Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations.
Houston

Dr.Prefetto was very nice and compassionate dr and always answered our questions with honesty.... De Prefetto was very seeet and always felt important although we weren’t successful she was very compassionate about everything. She tried to be there every step of the way and was very emotional the day the last embryo transfer was negative.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Do research on all possibilities for treatment. Also to get on social media there is many women in your shoes and are very supportive.
I don’t remember exactly but I was given medications for ovulation and had egg retrieval. For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
The nursing staff were not personable and were nice but not compassionate
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics strengths is dr prefetto she is very nice and always showed compassionate. I also liked they were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.
Cost was lower then most other fertility clinics in Houston. They provided payment plans as well and no other clinic does
Dr transferred two the first time but was very specific of the pros and cons of transferring two
Houston

She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for...Just don't expect 100% access. As long as you make peace with that, you'll be fine...We used Gonal F for my last IUI cycle. Halfway through, she added another medication Menipur. The cycle ultimately failed. We are looking to start iVF next.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for.
Their office is hard to get a hold of. You have to call and leave a message, then wait for a call back. It is disheartening especially when you need to talk to someone asap.
The nurse who did my ivy was compassionate but the one who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends. They are highly rated. The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why.
The IUI cost almost $3,000. The IVY cycle has been quoted to cost between $12,000 to $20,000.
Houston

Dr. Perfetto is warm, welcoming, knowledgeable and shows a lot of compassion. During every visit I am allowed to ask my questions and time to receive answers. She has always told me what to expect and I have never felt left in the dark about anything. ... I haven't went through any cycles yet with Dr. Perfetto. I am looking forward to going through treatment cycles with Dr. Perfetto in the near future and to be able to experience the positive results that I feel she can produce.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I would say to just be open minded and willing to take in the information she provides. She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Dr. Perfetto actually took her time to explain things to me. She talks to and not at me every time I see her. She is very sincere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. The entire staff pretty much builds upon the same compassion and care that Dr. Perfetto treats me with.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic as whole has been a great experience for me and my husband thus far. They have really treated us like family and take their time with each patient I've noticed. I haven't really noticed any weaknesses myself.
The IVF cycle is 20-25k.
Houston

She [Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] is very blunt while maintaining great bedside manner. She’s very personal with each patient and takes her time to explain any procedure. She’s a visual person like me so it’s nice to sit and watch her illustrate which makes it easier to understand in return.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is very blunt while maintaining great bedside manner. She’s very personal with each patient and takes her time to explain any procedure. She’s a visual person like me so it’s nice to sit and watch her illustrate which makes it easier to understand in return.
Just be honest and upfront about your situation so that she can do her best to recommend the best treatment plan for you.
Dr. Perfetto takes time to know every patient. Even going through her own pregnancy and coming back from maternity leave, she was up to date of everything that happened when I came back for my follow up.
So far the only thing I’ve had done with Dr. Perfetto is the removal of my left tube and my right tube being diagnosed non functional. My next step in my journey is IVF but financially it’s a procedure still ways to go.
Attentive. Caring. Passionate.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Honestly, Center of Reproductive Medicine is an amazing clinic with no complaints. I’ve been to both the Memorial City and the TMC locations and both are well maintained and professional. Rooms are always clean. Equipment is sterile and up to date. The office overall is well decorated but not overdone.
In total, my IVF procedure would cost $20k.
I have not yet made it this far.
Houston

She [Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] spoke to me about my case specifically and addressed me by name and showed empathy... is very sweet. She was sure to set realistic expectations for me and didn’t give me false hope. She was very compassionate and takes her time and doesn’t make us feel rushed. She explains things very clearly and answered all of our questions with answers that actually made sense...Femara with Gonal F. Ovidrel trigger shot for IUI...Come with a list of every question you can think of because she will actually take her time to answer them all
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is very sweet. She was sure to set realistic expectations for me and didn’t give me false hope. She was very compassionate and takes her time and doesn’t make us feel rushed. She explains things very clearly and answered all of our questions with answers that actually made sense.
She spoke to me about my case specifically and addressed me by name and showed empathy
Femara with Gonal F. Ovidrel trigger shot for IUI
Monique is very sweet and compassionate. She comforted me after my miscarriage. The other nurses I don’t know well, but I wish they were better about returning phone calls
Describe your experience with CORM.
Hard to get in touch with someone and I have left multiple messages with no response. Their online system is great and they’re very good about keeping it updated. Great instructional videos online as well. They provide you with a personalized calendar about how and when to take your meds which is very convenient.
Don’t recall but insurance did not cover medications
Houston

Dr Perfetto was very nice, courteous and always addressed is by our names...was very professional. We had a good experience with her. However, she did not address the root cause of our infertility. She diagnosed a low sperm count, but neglected to treat it. We went ahead and did an IUI. Even the nurse that performed the insemination was surprised we were trying with such a low count.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr Perfetto was very professional. We had a good experience with her. However, she did not address the root cause of our infertility. She diagnosed a low sperm count, but neglected to treat it. We went ahead and did an IUI. Even the nurse that performed the insemination was surprised we were trying with such a low count.
Listen to everything she has to say, but you may want to get a second opinion if it doesn't sound right.
Dr Perfetto was very nice, courteous and always addressed is by our names.
There really wasn't much of a treatment. We just performed an IUI. She had us give my wife a shot in the stomach for her eggs to drop and then inseminated the sperm which was almost nonexistent. Needless to say, it did not take.
They were very professional.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic didn't seem to have a lot of patients so we were able to get in and out in no time. They pretty much take you right away. They have plenty of reading material in waiting area. Clinic was very clean and the staff was very discrete with the whole process.
I can't really remember all the costs, but the IUI was $400, office visits were $100+.
Webster

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her [Dr. Perfetto] I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan. ... She reviewed my specific information and history. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan.
Ask questions but be prepared for the possibility that you might not get answers.
She reviewed my specific information and history.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher.
We paid copay each time and paid out of pocket for the ultrasound.
We didn’t do that.
Houston

She [Dr.Perfetto] explained everything very good. There was no rush in the appointments. She mentioned the pro's & con's of every treatment as well as realistic chances. Also was very open about the question to continue treatment or not....Unfortunately, all treatments did not result in any pregnancy. She adjusted the treatment and drug dose every cycle....Unfortunately, the staff [CORM] was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She explained everything very good. There was no rush in the appointments. She mentioned the pro's & con's of every treatment as well as realistic chances. Also was very open about the question to continue treatment or not.
she always took all the time we needed to discuss every detail
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Miriam)
Unfortunately, the staff was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor. Therefore, we had several disputes on the phone because they wanted to make an appointment for treatments that were not necessary. Overall, I felt the staff was not up to date with my file.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Please see evaluation of staff in general. The staff was not aware of things that were kind of out of the routine in my case. I did not feel well handled on the phone when appointments were asked for treatments that were not necessary.
$3.500 per cycle
eSET was preferred
Houston

She [Dr. Perfetto] is skilled in this specialty field and I would consider it a blessing to move forward under her care. Her strengths include her research, her years in this field, she is very current with todays practice and recommendation. She constantly expands her knowledge. ... She focuses on each case individually. She truly cares for her patients. ... She prefers single embryo transfer for your safety as well as reducing risk of your pregnancy.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is a great doctor with a warm heart! She is skilled in this specialty field and I would consider it a blessing to move forward under her care. Her strengths include her research, her years in this field, she is very current with todays practice and recommendation. She constantly expands her knowledge.
Schedule an appointment or consultation. Perfetto will hear your thoughts concerns and voice her recommendations.
She focuses on each case individually. She truly cares for her patients.
To be determined. I have not been prescribed medication at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Awesome staff)
All of the nursing staff give their all.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Great Staff! It's a blessing to be surrounded by people who truly care about you. They cheer you on the entire race. Makes you feel as though you are not alone throughout the entire process. From the admin, surgery coordinators, scheduling, nurses, ultrasonographers they are all a blessing to know.
To be determined
Houston

Dr. Perfetto had an amazing bedside manner and always made me feel like I was involved. I trusted her recommendations and did not feel pressured to rush to ivf like I did at other clinics. She also saw me at most of my visits and made sure I always knew our next steps...We did oral and injectable iui
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is a smaller practice so she may not be the doctor you hear about, but she's the doctor worth finding.
Always felt like I was involved in decision making and never felt lost in the process
We did oral and injectable iui
The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors in this office see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor.
We did not do ivf, but she made it clear Eset is her primary goal with all patients
Houston
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] gave it to me straight but also had compassion...Honestly, there’s nothing negative to say about her, she knew exactly what she was doing and made me always feel like I was in good hands... as someone that was completely new to a fertility clinic she made me feel at home. Never did she make me feel like having a baby was impossible but she always let me know that I was a severe case. When I didn’t understand something she always explained without hesitation. She comforted me after a negative pregnancy test and gave me hope afterwards
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto was such an amazing doctor, as someone that was completely new to a fertility clinic she made me feel at home. Never did she make me feel like having a baby was impossible but she always let me know that I was a severe case. When I didn’t understand something she always explained without hesitation. She comforted me after a negative pregnancy test and gave me hope afterwards. Honestly, there’s nothing negative to say about her, she knew exactly what she was doing and made me always feel like I was in good hands.
Ask any every question
She gave it to me straight but also had compassion. Told me what was going on but also said sorry and told me what other things I could do and to not give up
When we first met with Dr.Perfetto. And she told us IVF was our only option we had to wait a couple of months to get our finances together, IVF is very expensive and we were not prepared for it at all. She started my on Lupron injections, I have severe endometriosis and with the injections it would kinda kick starts hormones to pretty much freeze everything, luckily I only needed to be on the injection for 3 months then we kick started IVF, I started with birth control for 3 weeks then I started taking my hormones with every other day getting blood work and getting ultrasounds to see how many eggs I had. I triggered and the next morning I went off to my egg retrieval where they got my eggs, we waited five days to do my transfer but unfortunately the embryo didn’t take so we decided an hysterocopy was my best choice to do before starting a new cycle to remove all adhesions, or try to atleast. I waited 2-3 weeks then we went at again but this time it was a shorter cycle but none the less I still had to have my injections everyday with monitoring every other day, we did my transfer, we transferred 2, to give me a better chance of conceiving even though Dr. Perfetto did not think it was best, we went with it and 14 days past transfer we got a positive blood test!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
The nurse was always so happy and compassionate and the nursing staff really felt as family. And concerns or questions I had they were always there to help
Describe your experience with CORM.
Everything about CORM was amazing They were so organized, I could get an appointment any time/date. Never did I feel in the dark, and I never felt “new” they knew me by name and really tried to get to know me as a person rather a patient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
No like at all for ultrasounds, I always got seen right away and dr. Perfetto did them usually
I believe it was $850 to start and for a full cycle including egg retrieval it was $14,000 to keep our embryos frozen it’s $500/ year Medicine was anywhere from $2,000-$5,000
She absolutely perfected single transfer because it was less of a risk, health and the chance of being more than two
Houston

Dr Candice Perfetto is really professional and human person ... she gives me confidence and made me feel good like I’m doing everything for have a good result.,.., I’m really thankful and I recommend this to anyone that is looking for a great doctor ... But my eggs wasn’t Helty and she cannot do the transfer to me.... but she say that we can try to repeat the process or looking for a donate eggs ... she is really sensitive when she have to give us one answer and she look like really interested on our case ...
Confidence
Lik a human because she is really sensitive when she have to give us one answer and she look like really interested on our case ...
I can’t xplain all the process ,,, but I will try .,. She give me some inyección and medication and vitamins for later try to take of my eggs ... thanks I had a surgery for take my eggs finally then convert my eggs with my husband eggs in embryon... But my eggs wasn’t Helty and she cannot do the transfer to me.... but she say that we can try to repeat the process or looking for a donate eggs ...
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Cinthya )
They was O’Leary’s really shure that me understand everything and they gives me a translation person that xplain everything..,
Describe your experience with CORM.
They are really clean, organized, professional, respect to me and always answered all’s my questions... Have the most advanced equipment, Technology .., the have a good space and confortable.,,have a diferents location arrow for the city .,,
Not comment
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
We are able to speak with the doctor [Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] in her office not just an exam room...We saw her each time we had an appointment. Never once felt rushed. Appointments were over an hour and she explained everything thoroughly and always welcomed questions...She is the sweetest human...breaks it down so it's easy to understand. Immediately wanted to take action and didn't try putting stuff off til next time or make us wait for follow ups. First time we saw her she did a full work up to figure out what needed to be done next.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is the sweetest human. Explains everything and breaks it down so it's easy to understand. Immediately wanted to take action and didn't try putting stuff off til next time or make us wait for follow ups. First time we saw her she did a full work up to figure out what needed to be done next.
No advice, except go for it! You won't regret going see her.
We have not done any treatment YET
Very sweet and helpful
Describe your experience with CORM.
Very easy to find. Parking garage with no issues finding a space. Able to do blood work all in the same building. Entire building was clean. Doctor's office was very clean and inviting. We drove 4 1/2 hours and did not have any trouble finding the place and were very impressed. We are able to speak with the doctor in her office not just an exam room.
So far less than $500