Reproductive Science Center

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Arizona
ResidencyMaricopa County
FellowshipSt. Louis U.
San Ramon
100 Park Place
San Ramon, CA 94583
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carmelo Sgarlata to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?
Dr Sgarlata was very kind and considerate of my situation. He sympathized and talked through each particular outcome. Very sensitive when the first FET didn't take and understanding when we weren't ready to immediately try again. During the time between my first and second FET my first child was diagnosed with a chromosome disorder. Sgarlata reached out to his professional contacts to find out about further chromosome testing, then personally called me to walk through options.
How was your experience with Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
Even though the treatments did not result in a live birth, I felt comfortable and safe with Sgarlata, like my best interests were his best interests. He went above and beyond and had several phone appointments with me, when I was unable to make appointments in the office. (Bay Area traffic). He gave me all details I needed and answered any and all questions that I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or for phone appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the protocols Carmelo Sgarlata used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
From a previous Dr., we had 10 frozen embryo's and our treatment was for FET. I started on estrace, baby aspirin, vitamin D (due to being low), and then progesterone shots. After the transfer I continued with Estrace and progesterone until pregnancy test. One cycle was failed the other resulted in twins, then 2 separate miscarriages. I continued progesterone until miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn De Vera)
They were always friendly and compassionate. At my second visit I had to wait an extremely long time and to apologize for my wait, they gave me a Starbucks gift card. Any time I had to leave a message they returned my call within 24-248 hours.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
In the clinic there are several Drs. Your primary doctor may not be able to see you each time (due to timing of the transfer) but there is always a Dr. that can. Your doctor will try their best to complete the transfer on the best day, but we all know that timing is extremely important in this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center.
This was FET and each cycle, not including medications, was about $5,000.
Describe Carmelo Sgarlata's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Due to my first child being a result of transferring 2 embryo's, he was comfortable with transferring 2 each time.
San Ramon
2011 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Sgarlata] had the best bedside manner I would expect from a doctor who deals with infertility. He was very compassionate, detailed & walk you through how things will be or will look like...e would personally call & tell me the pregnancy result which I think it was very nice of him.
2011 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Carmelo Sgarlata at Reproductive Science Center?
I can't be more thankful for having him as my primary doctor for infertility. He was very knowledgeable & very people person. He would personally call & tell me the pregnancy result which I think it was very nice of him!
Can't think of anything since he is amazing :-)
He had the best bedside manner I would expect from a doctor who deals with infertility. He was very compassionate, detailed & walk you through how things will be or will look like.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Patti Roberts & Judy )
I shifted from Judy to Patti Roberts through out the treatment! I personally liked Pattin R since she was very organized & knew how someone with infertility might feel during each visit (bloodwork, ultra sound, etc)
San Jose